Club songs In football manger

I was just thinking if it a good idea to play the club songs after matches in football manager newer version of fm if its possoble i would like it.I would love to here Glory Glory Man Utd every win just a thought thanks guys not sure if its brought up before.

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

I was just thinking if it a good idea to play the club songs after matches in football manager newer version of fm if its possoble i would like it.I would love to here Glory Glory Man Utd every win just a thought thanks guys not sure if its brought up before.

SI don't have the licences for the tunes

I understand what you are saying but who actually owns the rights to a crowd created, football traditional song? If clubs have trade marked that then its getting very sad

I've always wanted " who's the banker in the black" when a bad / controversial decision from the ref is made :)

7 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

I understand what you are saying but who actually owns the rights to a crowd created, football traditional song? If clubs have trade marked that then its getting very sad

I've always wanted " who's the banker in the black" when a bad / controversial decision from the ref is made :)

Still a copyright issue, if it's actually still in copyright. John Hughes, for the example you've given.

35 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

football leagues and club badges are copyrighted, just need the license for them. I guess money v FM gain is pretty unlikely. Premiership clearly still holding out

most football songs are based on well known tunes with the copyright being with the composer who would be entitled to royalities

yep, as the football clubs whose badges are represented in the game or perhaps the relevant league. I'm just saying its not impossible but yup the investment would not be worth it. I'd rather improved crowd noises tbh

10 hours ago, FrazT said:

As with many suggested improvements in the game, SI have said that license issues are at the heart of most of these decisions and, to be honest, I suspect that this one wouldn't be at the top of most peoples list

For some this might be a nice touch, but you are right the costs involved in the licenses involved would be extremely prohibitive

10 hours ago, FrazT said:

As with many suggested improvements in the game, SI have said that license issues are at the heart of most of these decisions and, to be honest, I suspect that this one wouldn't be at the top of most peoples list

licencing of charts  - very much agreed.

However given the match is probably the most important part of the FM experience then there are many elements which can be improved to make the match day more enjoyable. I have myself posted in the suggestions thread a lot of suggestions. In fairness the match day sounds are very sub-optimal and not been touched  for many many years

Myself I'd much rather see the match day experience being improved, both sound and the way the 3d graphics are played out (I wont go on about the Benny Hill defender x 3 chasing of the attacking player with the ball). This in my opinion is much more preferable to the constant UI updates (scouting reports in terms of UI presentation need much work, another issue). There needs to be a balance of improvement across FM as a whole. The ME / graphic representation and in match sounds have been left so far behind its now imbalanced in my opinion. I'd like to see this balance being restored. 

And I'd rather they touched anything else but the sound, given I have no interest in using it whether it is improved or not.  It's all very well calling for a balance of improvement, but it's going to be an extremely weighted balance.  Sound clearly isn't particularly high on the agenda, for obvious reasons.

i really don't get the licences argument. Kits are licenced, yet we have them. Names are licenced, yet we have them. Some player names are licenced (jens mustermann, anyone?), yet we have them. Club names are licenced, league names, international cups, club logos... we have all of that. I simply don't buy that licencing argument. 

It only needs to be open to modding, together with stadiums :D

1 hour ago, MBarbaric said:

i really don't get the licences argument. Kits are licenced, yet we have them. Names are licenced, yet we have them. Some player names are licenced (jens mustermann, anyone?), yet we have them. Club names are licenced, league names, international cups, club logos... we have all of that. I simply don't buy that licencing argument. 

It only needs to be open to modding, together with stadiums :D

As I have already said the copyright of most chants would be with the composer.  Whenever a tune is used whether it is rerecorded or played on the radio etc, the composer is paid a royalty ( as Noddy Holder said Slades Merry Christmas is his pension with royalties rolling in every year) This would be extremely difficult and very expensive to implement in FM

What is there not to "buy"?  SI won't do it because of licensing.  Certain sounds, I believe, used to be moddable, and now aren't.  That's either because there was a reason why they couldn't be, or because they don't deem it important enough to put back in.  Or somewhere between the two.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Urotsukidoji said:

copyright runs out after 20 years no?

Was 50 years for music, but has been increased to 70. In theory we could use Blaydon Races for Newcastle and You'll Never Walk Alone for Liverpool/Celtic etc :D 

49 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Was 50 years for music, but has been increased to 70. In theory we could use Blaydon Races for Newcastle and You'll Never Walk Alone for Liverpool/Celtic etc :D 

You'll never walk alone i believe was written in 1963 so it it's 70 years still could not be used, however if copyright does run out after 70 years there are some that in theory could be used

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

You'll never walk alone i believe was written in 1963 so it it's 70 years still could not be used, however if copyright does run out after 70 years there are some that in theory could be used

1945 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You'll_Never_Walk_Alone

The Gerry and the Pacemakers one was released in the 60s. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived