The Official FM09 - Should I Buy Or Should I Sell Thread

Liam =D

As I somehow managed to sign Akinfeev in my Vfl Bochum Game, I now have the problem to have three decent keepers in my roster. Stipe Pletikosa who was my Number One in second part of the first season and Allan McGregor who I got offered and signed for a reason I am not sure of :)

When I offered Akinfeev a contract I offered Pletikosa to other clubs and got an offer over 12m € for him. Akinfeev arrived and Pletikosa told the press that he is set to shine which made me thinking if this may even work to keep both of them. I could get rid of McGregor on a loan deal so can anyone suggest me which of them to give away? I have a healthy balance so I won't really need the money from the Pletikosa deal now if its possible to have two good keepers on the roster.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Vincent Enyeama

Your Team: Burnley

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player Value: 4.5m

Offer: 9.5m

Transfer Budget: Burnley racked up 36m to spend and 55m in there balance. I got them to 10th place there first season!!! :]

Patch: 9.0.3

Season: july 2009 summer

Year Team Division Info Apps Conc Cln MoM Av R

2009-10 Burnley Premier Division 0 - - - ----

2008-09 Burnley Premier Division $750K 27 35 5 0 6.88

I got him for $750k and only played one season. The other GK's i got is Diego Penny (25) and Brian Jensen (33) its a win win with this offer. HELPPPPPP! :]

Renan (Botafogo), Asenjo, Ochoa?

Hmm i accepted the offer from Chelsea for now. And will see if he accepts contract with Chelsea to be there backup im sure especially if cech is the starter. I mean he was my starter. But I want a GK that gets the crowd going and is a LEADER.

any suggestions? :]

Player Name: Per Ciljan Skjelbred

Your Team: Burnley

Buyer/Seller: ROMA

Player Value: $8.5m

Offer: $10m

Transfer Budget: $40m in the balance and $35m

Patch: 9.0.3

Season: july 2009 summer

damn it one of my best players besides Bikey, Donovan and now they want my 22 year old future wonderkid lol. not sure if i should stand in his way of this offer....HELP HoPeY anyone!!! :]]

Norway 10 caps / 0 goals

16.6.1987 22 years old

177 cm 65 kg

$8,250,000 Right

$20,000 per week 30.6.2013

Technical Attributes

Corners 10

Crossing 13

Dribbling 15

Finishing 8

First Touch 17

Free Kick Taking 10

Heading 10

Long Shots 8

Long Throws 10

Marking 12

Passing 17

Penalty Taking 12

Tackling 13

Technique 16

Mental Attributes

Aggression 16

Anticipation 15

Bravery 15

Composure 17

Concentration 17

Creativity 15

Decisions 16

Determination 16

Flair 14

Influence 11

Off The Ball 17

Positioning 14

Teamwork 17

Work Rate 17

Physical Attributes

Acceleration 17

Agility 14

Balance 10

Jumping 7

Natural Fitness 13

Pace 13

Stamina 18

Strength 10

2009-10 Burnley Premier Division 0 - - - ----

2008-09 Burnley Premier Division $2.4M 28 2 9 4 7.13

if i REJECT i'll reject in a hearbreat if u think its FAIR :]

cheers,

Player Name: Bacary Sagna

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Aston Villa / Napoli / Ath Madrid

Player Value: £9M

Offer: £19M

Transfer Budget: £110M

Season: 3

Well it's clear you don't need the money, so I would base the sale on his performance. If you are looking to replace perhaps, Dani Alves or Maicon?

Well it's clear you don't need the money, so I would base the sale on his performance. If you are looking to replace perhaps, Dani Alves or Maicon?

he is currently in rotation with Jack Cork... Alves & Maicon both on the wrong side of 25 so ideally want a youngish side (only current first teamer over 25 is Casillas)

Sell Pletikosa, pointless having a top class keeper wasting away on the bench when you could get 12m

Thanks for the input, guess I try to grab Dzagoev with that money (maybe a bit more, but guess he should be worth it)

Player Name: Anderson

Your Team: Man Utd

Buyer/Seller: Roma

Player Value: £14 million

Offer: £20 million

Transfer Budget: £38 million

Patch: 9.0.3 (weegie update)

Season: 2 (start)

He's not been performing for me and hes just asked to be transfer listed cause i sold Owen. Think i want to sell him but can't think of a good replacement.any ideas?

Player Name: Anderson

Your Team: Man Utd

Buyer/Seller: Roma

Player Value: £14 million

Offer: £20 million

Transfer Budget: £38 million

Patch: 9.0.3 (weegie update)

Season: 2 (start)

He's not been performing for me and hes just asked to be transfer listed cause i sold Owen. Think i want to sell him but can't think of a good replacement.any ideas?

Ive never bought Anderson before but id look for more than £20M for him regarding his replacement look at the likes of Kroos or Dzagoev

7.5m for Rooney With 50% of next profit sale. And Saviola, Drenthe, Torres, Higuain??

7.5m up front.

50% of profit from next sale.

Javier Saviola.

Miguel Torres.

Royston Drenthe.

Gonzalo Higuain.

I have bought Lennon for 9mill and Capel for 11mill. And swapped Huddlestone for Fletcher.

Screenshot below.

Hi there. Aaron Lennon is rubbish on my game.

Buying/Selling:Buying

Player Name:Gabriel Milito

Your Team:Liverpool

Buyer/Seller:Barcelona

Player Value:10.5M

Offer: 20M

Patch:9.01

Season:1ST

I need an answer asap if possible his stats look good but hes 27

Or i could get Chiellini for 12.25M

Milito is very good but he isn't the tallest player for that position m8 be carefull.

A little decision making is in order again at my arsenal team...

currently in janaury of 3rd season and looking to spruce the team up a bit and considering selling Gael Clichy and replace him with Cheik M'Bengue...

Clichy currently worth £15M and has 19 caps with france so could probably sell for a small fortune if i include a apperence fee (which i would) whilst M'Bengue would cost £10M and go straight into the team...

any advice? should i stick with Clichy even though his stats aren't really that good?

cheers

Physical stats count for a LOT on the game mate. Which is why guys like Essien, Sissoko etc are so damn good. I mean they're good IRL ofcourse but if their stats are not that overwhelming. However, they perform really, really well. Same reason why Walcott, Agbonlahor etc are so prolific.

Also in Clichy's favour is his consistency levels which are very high. Not sure about M'Bengue although like I said, he's a quality player and whenever I've had him, he's been very consistent.

Lastly, I dunno why Clichy's stats are not very high for you. The 3 stats you mentioned all reach 15 or more for me after a season or so of regular football. Is his training schedule set right??

Physical stats count for a LOT on the game mate. Which is why guys like Essien, Sissoko etc are so damn good. I mean they're good IRL ofcourse but if their stats are not that overwhelming. However, they perform really, really well. Same reason why Walcott, Agbonlahor etc are so prolific.

Also in Clichy's favour is his consistency levels which are very high. Not sure about M'Bengue although like I said, he's a quality player and whenever I've had him, he's been very consistent.

Lastly, I dunno why Clichy's stats are not very high for you. The 3 stats you mentioned all reach 15 or more for me after a season or so of regular football. Is his training schedule set right??

his training is fine at the moment... his marking often drops from 14 to 13 then back to 14 again etc and the other 2 stats are mental so i guess he would improve with age

and whilst M'Bengue only has 11 stats over 15 (which include marking, tackling, concentration, bravery etc) he also has 5 stats that are 15

will only sell if i do get a good enough offer like £50M or something

EDIT : Deals are done and Clichy will be joining Portsmouth for £55M and M'Bengue is joining for £10M

quite happy with that

speed_demon

Is that his minimum release clause? See if you can get £5m off that price. But if not, still buy.. Brilliant player and wont let you down, specially in the Arsenal side, it suits him! :thup:

speed_demon

Is that his minimum release clause? See if you can get £5m off that price. But if not, still buy.. Brilliant player and wont let you down, specially in the Arsenal side, it suits him! :thup:

It's not no, his release clause is 48.5M, I'm not sure I could get 5M off, maybe 2 or 3.

Archived