DOOM - The 2018 version of Ultimate Doom

Just now, Fribbe said:

And pace is more important than jumping reach, positioning, marking, tackling etc?

Excellent Question. Not more important, these attribute are all important. But pace and acceleration are two attributes that you can get no matter which league you are managing in.

So where you might be managing in a league e.g. where you can't buy players good in all these other important attributes. you can focus on at least having the pace to get back. so its like going for a job interview, turning up on time and not being late is very important, so with pace getting back in time is also very important. if you don't get back in time you can't jump, mark, tackle etc, because the player is already ahead of you and getting a chance to score. so in that respect, the pace and acceleration is more important. but then once they get into the position, then all those other attributes become very important. but in the lower leagues. e.g. if they at least have the pace to get back in time, then they have a chance to stop the player and make the tackle, mark them, jump up with them.... so its all about perspective. Pace and acceleration first and then the rest come into play. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Le 26/03/2018 à 14:25, Banks_87 a dit :

This tactic is unreal, plugged it first season with my Marseille side, we were sitting about 7th and Champions League looked a distant dream with over half the season gone, however we ended up finishing 2nd and winning the French Cup thanks to this tactic. Roll on second season we went unbeaten in the league until March, won the title with 107 goals, 24 conceded, a record 31 wins and a record 97 points, a great achievement because PSG only finished 2 points behind me for some perspective. Not only did we wrap the title up, we won the French Cup again and lost in the Champions League final to United 1-0, memorable for beating Madrid and Barca en route.

The third year started well, beating PSG 5-1 in the French community shield but all in all it has been a little difficult keeping up with PSG, but I sit 2 points behind with around 15 to play!

So I can only thank you Fenech, best tactic i've used this year

Hi mate 

I want do start a save with my favorite team , Marseille too ^^ How did you managed to conceede only 24 goals with defenders so slow like rami and abdennour in the first year ? Did you bought some new defenders or maybe you used specials opositions instructions?  

Congratulations for such a good season 

3 hours ago, AZAZEL8 said:

Hi mate 

I want do start a save with my favorite team , Marseille too ^^ How did you managed to conceede only 24 goals with defenders so slow like rami and abdennour in the first year ? Did you bought some new defenders or maybe you used specials opositions instructions?  

Congratulations for such a good season 

Hi mate - if I recall the only CB i signed was Malang Sarr. I conceded 35 fist year, 24 second. Mangala and Niklas Stark were my pairing for the second year mate, Mangala is an absolute beast £15m. 

Il y a 4 heures, Banks_87 a dit :

Hi mate - if I recall the only CB i signed was Malang Sarr. I conceded 35 fist year, 24 second. Mangala and Niklas Stark were my pairing for the second year mate, Mangala is an absolute beast £15m. 

Thanks mate :) i hope i will have same success as you 

Thanks mate, got the Champions League final second year as well, lost to United, managed to sign Lemar as well played him as the Advanced Playmaker, outrageous mate. Robin Zobnin was a steal £8m now described as World Class

Il y a 9 heures, Banks_87 a dit :

Thanks mate, got the Champions League final second year as well, lost to United, managed to sign Lemar as well played him as the Advanced Playmaker, outrageous mate. Robin Zobnin was a steal £8m now described as World Class

Champion's league final in second year is really impressive mate . Who do you have up front ? And lemar is a world class player in the game , nice 

7 hours ago, AZAZEL8 said:

Champion's league final in second year is really impressive mate . Who do you have up front ? And lemar is a world class player in the game , nice 

Lautaro Martinez, although its the IF's that really set the tactic off, Thauvin on the right mate, absolutely outrageous - Payet on the left first season before I moved him on to Man City, Correa from Sevilla came in and did well as a replacement. Moises Kean rotated with him. Serge Aurier came in for £10m, sold to Barca for £40m, 6 months later got him back for £15m - Clyne replaced him for about £12m and I sold him to Chelsea for £48m, Amavi went to Atleti £60m - I made some good profits. Mangala bought for £15m I sold him to Madrid for £57m

Il y a 1 heure, Banks_87 a dit :

Lautaro Martinez, although its the IF's that really set the tactic off, Thauvin on the right mate, absolutely outrageous - Payet on the left first season before I moved him on to Man City, Correa from Sevilla came in and did well as a replacement. Moises Kean rotated with him. Serge Aurier came in for £10m, sold to Barca for £40m, 6 months later got him back for £15m - Clyne replaced him for about £12m and I sold him to Chelsea for £48m, Amavi went to Atleti £60m - I made some good profits. Mangala bought for £15m I sold him to Madrid for £57m

That's a real business mate :)

Thauvin is a beast in real life  this year . I'm glad he's good in the game too . Amavi played well for you ? His stats are not so good 

31 minutes ago, AZAZEL8 said:

That's a real business mate :)

Thauvin is a beast in real life  this year . I'm glad he's good in the game too . Amavi played well for you ? His stats are not so good 

Yeah I usually take a real life interest in sides that I manage on FM - I've been surprised at how well he's doing considering how he was at Castle!

Amavi was very good for me - but the big money came in and I replaced him with Coentrao for about £3m and Danny Rose on loan. I've since sold Coentrao and signed Marcelo on loan as a back up.

TBH I dont play the save now mate it was good fun, ill get some screenshots later if you want

il y a 57 minutes, Banks_87 a dit :

Yeah I usually take a real life interest in sides that I manage on FM - I've been surprised at how well he's doing considering how he was at Castle!

Amavi was very good for me - but the big money came in and I replaced him with Coentrao for about £3m and Danny Rose on loan. I've since sold Coentrao and signed Marcelo on loan as a back up.

TBH I dont play the save now mate it was good fun, ill get some screenshots later if you want

Yeah thauvin wasn't ready for premiership i supose .. aniway thanks for answering mate ! Have fun in your new save , i'm gonna start mine this night 

• 2 weeks later...

This is a ludicrously potent attacking tactic - 3rd match of the season I beat West Ham 8-0, then followed it up a few games later with a 10-0 win against APOEL in the Europa League (I'm managing Arsenal). It's fun to watch too, intricate passing and quality goals, just how I want football to be played

The Inside Forwards are extremely strong, my top scorer is Mkhitaryen (playing RW mostly) and Lacazatte, who plays as the false 9 but also sometimes on the left wing

Definitely worth trying out

It's the first time that I've downloaded a tactic for FM, but I like the idea behind this one! Is it possible to switch one of the IF-A to a W-A? And then the back behind him from WB-A to FB-A? To be less one-dimensional?

On 20/05/2018 at 22:50, w_x said:

This is a ludicrously potent attacking tactic - 3rd match of the season I beat West Ham 8-0, then followed it up a few games later with a 10-0 win against APOEL in the Europa League (I'm managing Arsenal). It's fun to watch too, intricate passing and quality goals, just how I want football to be played

The Inside Forwards are extremely strong, my top scorer is Mkhitaryen (playing RW mostly) and Lacazatte, who plays as the false 9 but also sometimes on the left wing

Definitely worth trying out

Yes mate, that is exactly what I think about the tactic too..

22 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

It's the first time that I've downloaded a tactic for FM, but I like the idea behind this one! Is it possible to switch one of the IF-A to a W-A? And then the back behind him from WB-A to FB-A? To be less one-dimensional?

Anything is possible and makes sense, but only one way to find out!

22 hours ago, Fenech said:

Thank you mate :) I appreciate your support

Won the Premier League and Europa League with Arsenal... And start a new save with Hoffenheim, first game of Champions 4th place a tremendous 5x1 against Napoli in Italy!

On 02/06/2018 at 17:10, LucasBR said:

Won the Premier League and Europa League with Arsenal... And start a new save with Hoffenheim, first game of Champions 4th place a tremendous 5x1 against Napoli in Italy!

Well Done. That is a great achievement. :thup:

So first of all, really like this tactic. Can really hammer some teams, but I’m finding it really inconsistent and we ship a tonne of goals. For context, I am playing FM Touch and chose to create a club (hadn’t done it before, good fun!). Club was based on Southampton but squad is unrecognisable now. Last season we finished 6th but lost a couple of big names. Currently 9th with 7 games to go. We seem to have a decent run, then get loads of injuries and go inconsistent. Create lots of chances but don’t put enough away. Any suggestions on how to shore up the defence? NB I have sometimes dropped to counter away to big teams or attack when we are a couple of goals down. Here’s the squad and recent results:

4F5FD207-F285-4DCF-B577-FF8253D02C10.png

876BD2FF-513A-4EF4-9E37-040384EB6094.png

On 13/06/2018 at 19:51, jdubsnz said:

So first of all, really like this tactic. Can really hammer some teams, but I’m finding it really inconsistent and we ship a tonne of goals. For context, I am playing FM Touch and chose to create a club (hadn’t done it before, good fun!). Club was based on Southampton but squad is unrecognisable now. Last season we finished 6th but lost a couple of big names. Currently 9th with 7 games to go. We seem to have a decent run, then get loads of injuries and go inconsistent. Create lots of chances but don’t put enough away. Any suggestions on how to shore up the defence? NB I have sometimes dropped to counter away to big teams or attack when we are a couple of goals down. Here’s the squad and recent results:

4F5FD207-F285-4DCF-B577-FF8253D02C10.png

876BD2FF-513A-4EF4-9E37-040384EB6094.png

My advice is PACE in the defense?

Started using for last half the season expected mid table finish. 

Does really well play some good football, I struggled against the top 4 teams,

comceded a lot of goals, but off season improving my full backs as they are below average and some stronger bigger midfielders hopefully will help going forward

On 23/06/2018 at 15:05, priceyd said:

Started using for last half the season expected mid table finish. 

Does really well play some good football, I struggled against the top 4 teams,

comceded a lot of goals, but off season improving my full backs as they are below average and some stronger bigger midfielders hopefully will help going forward

Don't worry just concentrate on building your team, the players love the style of play...just concentrate on making the team better and your fortunes will improve. always look for pace in the defense at least.

29 minutes ago, Swordsman said:

what are the key attributes should i be looking for the player roles, inside forward, false 9, regista and the 2 cm

Well one of the great features in FM is you can search for players by role. So.. I always use that e.g. if i want an inside forward, i will search for a player who has all the required attributes for that role. I just think you should look for pace in the team.... So yea the inside forwards want to be good finishers because the false nine will give them plenty of chances, the false 9, look for an intelligent player here because he needs to make great decisions, movement and the regista needs to be a leader in the team, not necessarily the captain but you want a key player here as he is the conductor. 

9 minutes ago, Fenech said:

Well one of the great features in FM is you can search for players by role. So.. I always use that e.g. if i want an inside forward, i will search for a player who has all the required attributes for that role. I just think you should look for pace in the team.... So yea the inside forwards want to be good finishers because the false nine will give them plenty of chances, the false 9, look for an intelligent player here because he needs to make great decisions, movement and the regista needs to be a leader in the team, not necessarily the captain but you want a key player here as he is the conductor. 

I was playing man united.. and i struggle.. lukaka and rashford aren't false 9. 

well without actually watching you play it is more difficult to work it out. 

However, I always play players where they have full green bar, so rashford would play better in the inside forward left position. I won champions league before with lukaku in false nine role, however Isak did very well in that position too. Yes lukaku isnt a false nine but he did well enough in the role for me... they dont have to be false nines to do well in the role but of course it helps.... 

martial is better as a false nine but again im more inclined to use him in the inside forward left position. I would recommend using bailly and lindelof in defense and buy upacameno and di ligt if you can, christensen, defenders with pace. 

6 hours ago, Fenech said:

well without actually watching you play it is more difficult to work it out. 

However, I always play players where they have full green bar, so rashford would play better in the inside forward left position. I won champions league before with lukaku in false nine role, however Isak did very well in that position too. Yes lukaku isnt a false nine but he did well enough in the role for me... they dont have to be false nines to do well in the role but of course it helps.... 

you mean full green circle ? only a few players of my squad have that. 

6 hours ago, Fenech said:

martial is better as a false nine but again im more inclined to use him in the inside forward left position. I would recommend using bailly and lindelof in defense and buy upacameno and di ligt if you can, christensen, defenders with pace. 

im using bailly and lindelof as of now.

matic as regista, left side cm is pogba and right side cm is herrera.

Not sure they are the best players for the roles.

left inside forward goes to Alexis.

right inside forward goes to Mata, rotate with Lingard

On 25/06/2018 at 04:00, Swordsman said:

you mean full green circle ? only a few players of my squad have that. 

im using bailly and lindelof as of now.

matic as regista, left side cm is pogba and right side cm is herrera.

Not sure they are the best players for the roles.

left inside forward goes to Alexis.

right inside forward goes to Mata, rotate with Lingard

Sounds good to me to be fair... Lukaku up front - he is top scorer for me when i play man united.

On 27/06/2018 at 01:59, Swordsman said:

wonder does this tactics works well with bilbao ?

they go this basque restriction, talent pool is much smaller.

This tactic works in every division. in any league, give it a go and let me know how you do. :thup:

4 hours ago, Fenech said:

This tactic works in every division. in any league, give it a go and let me know how you do. :thup:

My friend was playing PSG.

he is wrecking opponents with rugby scoreline.

2 hours ago, JD 1984 said:

I’m really digging this tactic after reading the thread 👌🏻👌🏻

In 2 minds whether to restart my Celtic save or start a new save altogether with this tactic 🤔

Whichever choice you make, let me know how you do. :thup:

On 30/06/2018 at 03:58, Ninza said:

You're tactic just saved my 51 unbeaten run, was losing 4-3 against Bordeaux until I plugged it during the second half, couldn't believe the result ! the best tactic so far1643753059_ScreenShot2018-06-30at1_45_00am.thumb.png.cce56e1ffca786ce1457ec5da529a0d3.png

Your Welcome and well done on a truly inspired second half change.. mark of a good manager who is willing to change something if things are not going right.... :thup:

On 30/06/2018 at 10:51, JD 1984 said:

Just a quick question.

Im assuming the IF’s should be inverted yeah?

Left footer on the right & right footer on the left?

Cheers 👍🏻

Absolutely :thup:

Archived