DOOM - The 2018 version of Ultimate Doom

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished 5th with West Ham 1st season using this tactic only 2 points of CL so quite pleased 👌🏻 Although defensively we leaked quite a few but hoping that with improvements along the back line that will shore up 🤞🏻

Any other advice? I’ve pretty much just P&P the tactic only switching to SUS to hold onto a slim lead last 10/5 mins of games. 

Liking the tactic a lot,thanks. 

1 hour ago, JD 1984 said:

Finished 5th with West Ham 1st season using this tactic only 2 points of CL so quite pleased 👌🏻 Although defensively we leaked quite a few but hoping that with improvements along the back line that will shore up 🤞🏻

Any other advice? I’ve pretty much just P&P the tactic only switching to SUS to hold onto a slim lead last 10/5 mins of games. 

Liking the tactic a lot,thanks. 

Just get fast defenders and defensive minded players. that should help you to concede less. It has often been the case that using this tactic, you would have the best defensive record in the league. just need the right players... because you operate a high line you need fast players in defense. with a good sweeper keeper and intelligent regista. :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.03.2018 at 13:01, Fenech said:

Nothing is different as it is perfect as it is, but I have updated the set pieces. As a lot of changes were made to the set pieces this year, so it was important to do them properly.

I can not download ... can you give me a new link

1 dakika önce, Fenech said:

what new update? the dropbox link is the latest update for the ultimate doom tactic

OK listen bro... this is link is working ------ >>>   https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8nsofbteltyedc/UD3.0.fmf?dl=0

B U T

İ want this is link ---------------------->>>>>   

Hey Guys,

I have updated the Tactic in the OP

Here is the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wcdyy27w76eatev/UD3.0.fmf

Enjoy!

THİS İS LİNK İS NOT WORKİNG

1 minute ago, tengritau said:

OK listen bro... this is link is working ------ >>>   https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8nsofbteltyedc/UD3.0.fmf?dl=0

B U T

İ want this is link ---------------------->>>>>   

Hey Guys,

I have updated the Tactic in the OP

Here is the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wcdyy27w76eatev/UD3.0.fmf

Enjoy!

THİS İS LİNK İS NOT WORKİNG

that is an old post dude. The link on the opening page is the updated tactic. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Fenech Man, I've read through your entire opening post and I'm amazed at your courage to use such an extreme tactic, especially in terms of roles and duties. I am glad that you have so good results with your approach, but I have to be honest and admit that I would never employ that kind of tactic, even if I managed the best team in the universe. Just for fun, I was thinking what I would do in order to cancel your tactic out with my Crystal Palace, and it would most likely be something like this (4-2-1-3 Wide):

DFd

Ws                                IFs

BtBM

HB        BWMs

WBd    DCBc   DCBd    DFB

GK/SWKd

Counter (at home) or defensive (away) / Structured

TIs - drop deeper, lower tempo, more direct passing, pass into space, clear ball to flanks, low crosses, roam from positions

GK (Hennessey) - no PIs

DCBs (Sakho L & Dann R) - no PIs

WBd (Van Aanholt) - run wide with the ball, ease off tackles

DFB (Ward) - mark tighter, sit narrower, ease of tackles

HB (Riedewald) - mark tighter, ease off tackles

BWMs (Mc Arthur) - get further forward (when the team has the ball)

BtBM (Cabaye) - move into channels, more risky passes (and maybe shoot more often)

Ws (Schlupp) - close down more

IFs (Townsend) - close down more, shoot more often

DFd (Sorloth) - pass it shorter

OIs would be these:

ST - TM always, easy tackling, weaker foot

AML & AMR - easy tackling, show AML onto left foot and AMR onto right

and for your player in the Regista role - TM always, weaker foot

Hopefully we would score first on the counter, and then I would turn off pass into space from TIs, change the BWM's role to defend, Cabaye would be DLP on support and all players except him would be set to fewer risky passes. And I would also consider turning Sorloth from DFd into DLF on support with PIs close down much more and move into channels. And then I would pray to God that we not concede until the final whistle :lol:

9 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

@Fenech Man, I've read through your entire opening post and I'm amazed at your courage to use such an extreme tactic, especially in terms of roles and duties. I am glad that you have so good results with your approach, but I have to be honest and admit that I would never employ that kind of tactic, even if I managed the best team in the universe. Just for fun, I was thinking what I would do in order to cancel your tactic out with my Crystal Palace, and it would most likely be something like this (4-2-1-3 Wide):

DFd

Ws                                IFs

BtBM

HB        BWMs

WBd    DCBc   DCBd    DFB

GK/SWKd

Counter (at home) or defensive (away) / Structured

TIs - drop deeper, lower tempo, more direct passing, pass into space, clear ball to flanks, low crosses, roam from positions

GK (Hennessey) - no PIs

DCBs (Sakho L & Dann R) - no PIs

WBd (Van Aanholt) - run wide with the ball, ease off tackles

DFB (Ward) - mark tighter, sit narrower, ease of tackles

HB (Riedewald) - mark tighter, ease off tackles

BWMs (Mc Arthur) - get further forward (when the team has the ball)

BtBM (Cabaye) - move into channels, more risky passes (and maybe shoot more often)

Ws (Schlupp) - close down more

IFs (Townsend) - close down more, shoot more often

DFd (Sorloth) - pass it shorter

OIs would be these:

ST - TM always, easy tackling, weaker foot

AML & AMR - easy tackling, show AML onto left foot and AMR onto right

and for your player in the Regista role - TM always, weaker foot

Hopefully we would score first on the counter, and then I would turn off pass into space from TIs, change the BWM's role to defend, Cabaye would be DLP on support and all players except him would be set to fewer risky passes. And I would also consider turning Sorloth from DFd into DLF on support with PIs close down much more and move into channels. And then I would pray to God that we not concede until the final whistle :lol:

Fair play to you. Ultimate Doom is a tactic which has stood the test of time and has been successful in every version of FM since 2014 and gets great results at both lower division and higher division clubs. I have also been told by one of the testers that Ultimate Doom works very well in FM19 too... But if you want to play with the tactic above instead then that is your prerogative!  :thup:

2 hours ago, Fenech said:

But if you want to play with the tactic above instead then that is your prerogative! 

No, I didn't say I generally want to play with the tactic above. It's the tactic I would use against a team that plays with your Doom tactic if I had to encounter such an opponent in FM :)

2 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

No, I didn't say I generally want to play with the tactic above. It's the tactic I would use against a team that plays with your Doom tactic if I had to encounter such an opponent in FM :)

Fair enough mate. :) Well hopefully you never have to encounter an awesome tactic like Ultimate Doom! :lol: Also it is worth noting that the tactic was made for FM14 and has been thriving in every FM since. Not alot of tactics pass the test of time as this tactic has...

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2018 at 16:13, Fenech said:

Yea obviously the training / etc has changed a bit since 2014, so I wouldnt go on that training anymore... my training methods are different now. 

Would you write them up for this topic?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived