Make South America Great Again!

dafuge

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the same old Dafuge gold standard in here isn't it, to come that close to a league title already is pretty impressive.

Uruguay remains one of the most fun nations I've managed in, might have to schedule a quick stop by in Uruguay later on in my career again.

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

Uruguay remains one of the most fun nations I've managed in, might have to schedule a quick stop by in Uruguay later on in my career again.

There is something quite appealing about it, maybe it's the short season and lack of cups?

The youth intakes also seem great, plenty of players good enough to go into the first team.

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 00:51, Pablo Sanchez said:

Nice. You are lucky i started in brazil Serie C and i cant even get a coaching badge lol.

Lovely group 

This club seem to be keen on me studying for badges, I'm currently getting my Continental B.

Libertadores already!

Just catching up. Interesting club you got to start with. Love their kits. Also just noticed that you have the same Assistant Manager as I signed with my last save, which was in Mexico. Love his hair lol

Looking forward to seeing where this adventures takes you this year.

XP8O0qf.png
Sud América - Campeonato Uruguayo - 2021

We had a superb first season back in the top flight, but it was going to be a tough ask to better that.

Opening Stage - we had a terrible start to the season and fell well off the pace,

Copa Libertadores - we struggled against the big team but made it through to the Sudamericana where we edged out rivals Nacional.

Squad - the squad is huge due to the brilliant youth intakes.

Transfers - these signings made a huge difference.

Finances - playing continental football made a huge difference.

Key Player Profiles:

Alejandro Pintos - the new signing was the top scorer.

Bruno Vides - the foreign signing impressed again.

Rodrigo Viega - the winger was our most valuable player.

Bruno Giménez - this winger has been here since I took over.

Salvador De Amores - the pick of the latest golden generation.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             12th         Started job in May
2019       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             1st          Promoted as champions
2020       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Intermedio winners, Playoff finalists
2021       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          n/a          Intermedio finalists, left in October
Next Season:

Last season I was gutted to miss out on the Peñarol job, but another brilliant opportunity has presented itself.

cl8RGH7.png

I wanted the Peñarol job, but it was their bitter rivals that gave me the opportunity to move to a big club.

Club - this is a massive club in Uruguay, I have to bring them success.

Facilities - surprisingly, there's a lot of room for improvement here.

Finances - show me the money!

Squad - the squad is superb, but I think I can make a big difference in the long term with the youngsters at the club.

League Table - we finished 2nd in the opening stage, but made a shocking start to the closing stage.

The expectations may be quite high here, but I'm hoping I can stay for a while to bring long term success to the club.

cl8RGH7.png
Nacional - Campeonato Uruguayo - 2021

I joined part way through the closing stage, so my job for the season was to try and sort the squad out while at the same time bringing them back to the top of the league.

Closing Stage - I won every match until the final day where I could only manage a 1-1 draw against my old club Sud América. This turned out to be crucial as it secured 2nd place in the overall table and a place in the Copa Libertadores for next season.

Copa Libertadores - it's no surprise we didn't get out of that group but I've only got myself to blame for the short run in the Sudamericana.

Squad - the squad is huge, and full of great players. I'm going to have to trim it down for next season and look to make better use of the three foreign players.

Transfers - none of these were made by me, but I did release a lot of players.

Finances - we've made a bit of a loss since I took over, but there's plenty left.

Key Player Profiles:

Hugo Silveira - top scorer, but terrible hair.

Diego Gurri - I tried to sign him last year at Sud América.

Gastón Díaz - our most valuable player is one I have managed.

Rafael Garcia - one of a pair of decent central defenders.

Horacio Mederos - one of a number of talented youngsters.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             12th         Started job in May
2019       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             1st          Promoted as champions
2020       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Intermedio winners, Playoff finalists
2021       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          n/a          Intermedio finalists, left in October
2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Started job in October
Next Season:

This squad should be good enough to challenge Penarol for the title, but I'm still hoping to make a few improvements.

12 minutes ago, JMA said:

Good move there you are now with one of the traditional powerhouses. 

I am playing in Colombia this year and I am still confused about how the continental qualification works 

I remember Colombia being particularly weird from the last time I played in South America, I'm looking forward to giving that another go!

3 hours ago, dafuge said:

M95cbuw.png

I don't think I've ever had a youth product like this before. My coaches rate him as good as my current keeper and good enough for this league already.

Now that is a mighty fine newgen. Potential superstar. What do they rate his potential at? 

He definitely looks like a "freak" newgen, on the upper end of skill level on debut. I've had a couple of newgens like that in FM17, and almost all from South America as well. Capable of stepping into the first team as soon as they come through. Envigado in Colombia produces players like that and they are great fun. I've seen some from Uruguay (and manged to buy a couple) and they tend to be central defenders. 

4 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Now that is a mighty fine newgen. Potential superstar. What do they rate his potential at? 

He definitely looks like a "freak" newgen, on the upper end of skill level on debut. I've had a couple of newgens like that in FM17, and almost all from South America as well. Capable of stepping into the first team as soon as they come through. Envigado in Colombia produces players like that and they are great fun. I've seen some from Uruguay (and manged to buy a couple) and they tend to be central defenders. 

Here's his coach report

His potential looks great, but it's hard to tell just how good he could be.

4 hours ago, dafuge said:

Here's his coach report

His potential looks great, but it's hard to tell just how good he could be.

Yeah, you probably have a future worldie on your hands there. At the very least, he should probably develop into a keeper capable of playing in a big European league. Be exciting to see how he develops, even once you leave Nacional for bigger pastures. 

Hope you don't mind dafuge, but I'd like to steal your tactic and use it in my Phileas Fogg save, as I keep having to change setup every few games as my tactics don't seem to be very solid. Do you use any specific PI's or OI's, none, or leave it to your Ass Man to sort out? Up to now I've left mine to the Ass Man

2 hours ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Hope you don't mind dafuge, but I'd like to steal your tactic and use it in my Phileas Fogg save, as I keep having to change setup every few games as my tactics don't seem to be very solid. Do you use any specific PI's or OI's, none, or leave it to your Ass Man to sort out? Up to now I've left mine to the Ass Man

Of course I don't mind, I won't guarantee you success though!

I have my poacher shooting more and my full backs running wide, but that's it. I leave the OIs to my assistant

19 hours ago, dafuge said:

Of course I don't mind, I won't guarantee you success though!

I have my poacher shooting more and my full backs running wide, but that's it. I leave the OIs to my assistant

So far so good for both of us. I've included a link to your thread in mine so that you get the credit you deserve for helping me out. Thanks Dafuge :)

cl8RGH7.png
Nacional - Campeonato Uruguayo - 2022

I had a decent run when first taking the job here, so I was hoping for big things in my first full season in charge.

Opening Stage - so close to perfection.

Intermedio - I rotated the squad quite a bit and failed to get out of the group.

Closing Stage - we couldn't quite find our form of the opening stage which set up a Clásico final in the playoff.

Playoff - it was a lot closer than the stats suggest, but we sealed it late on.

Copa Libertadores - we just about made it out of a tough group, but we were outclassed by Sao Paulo.

Squad - the squad is quite large, mostly due to the number of decent youth products at the club.

Transfers - I got to work on rebuilding the squad, splashing out on a few players.

Finances - a fairly big loss, but the facilities are being improved.

Key Player Profiles:

Roberto Astrada - our top scorer, a youth product here when I joined.

Horacio Mederos - our other classy striker, another youth product.

Jorge Rojas - a new signing who has surpassed expectations.

Xuxinha - the big money signing, hasn't quite lived up to it yet though.

Michael Ocampo - he's first choice now.

Career Overview:

2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Started job in October
2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Playoff winners
Next Season:

There's still plenty of room for improvement here, so I'm hoping we can avoid the need for a playoff match next season.

Had an absolutely epic career starting in the Uruguayan second division in FM17.

Started with Canadian SC with crowds of 15 home fans (no lie), eventually moved onto another second division club, Rentistas, and gained promotion after a few seasons. 

Then got job with Danubio on of the top clubs and won the mid-season mini competition. Immediately got offered job in Brazil with Internacional, who were in relegation and I got sacked after taking them down. 

Couldn't get another top job and didn't fancy taking over a mediocre midtable club back in Uruguay so my career game fizzled out. 

Probably best career game I've ever had in FM though so enjoy!

cl8RGH7.png
Nacional - Campeonato Uruguayo - 2023

We just about conquered Uruguay last season, so this time I was hoping to make progress on the continent.

Opening Stage - one result away from a perfect set of wins.

Closing Stage - a repeat of the opening stage meant there was no need for a playoff.

Supercopa Uruguayo - a big win to kick of the season.

Intermedio - I'm sure our 175 away fans were delighted.

Copa Libertadores - things were going well until we had a shocker in Brazil. The 8-0 win over River was the highlight.

Squad - the chairman selling players has left a few weak spots, but we still have a number of great players.

Transfers - I had to make a profit to make up for last season, but the last two sales weren't planned.

Finances - the board refuse any improvements because of the finances, I can only assume it is due to the loans.

Key Player Profiles:

Roberto Astrada - he was incredible this season.

Horacio Mederos - his strike partner wasn't far behind.

Xuxinha - the big money signing finally showed some form.

Guillermo Artigas - our most valuable player.

Michael Ocampo - this kid won't be staying at this club for long.

Career Overview:

2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Playoff winners
2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Intermedio winners
Next Season:

The chairman accepting bids due to the 'financial trouble' is proving to be a major stumbling block to taking this club any further. I'm not going to quit, but if an interesting job opportunity turns up I won't hesitate applying for it.

2 minutes ago, funkybike1 said:

If I were you, I'd be looking to either sell players en masse before the board can give them away or buy a ticket for the first flight to Argentina. You're going to be the one blamed for the financial troubles despite your best effort.

I've renewed a few contracts, but I think there will be another big loss coming soon as Xuxinha's contract expires soon and clubs have offered him a contract.

At least the 'financial trouble' seems to have gone away, we are described as secure now.

9P3K30t.png

Things were looking up at Nacional, but I already had the idea of moving on in my head. This was the perfect job for me, it was a club that I never got to manage in my two previous attempts in South America.

Club - this is the biggest club in Chile, the expectations here will be high.

Facilities - the facilities are decent and the stadium is pretty big.

Finances - I had no idea there would be this much money here.

Squad - the squad is huge, with a number of decent players. We also have some bright prospects in the U19s.

League Table - this is the reason the job came available, I have to win it in my first season.

I'm hoping that this club is able to challenge on the continent, something I felt was a bit out of reach at Nacional.

Nice development on Ocampos. Getting that wonderkid tag is a great feeling. And more than just a point of pride, it means their reputation has gone. And that means the value has gone up - helps prevent annoyingly low offers from Europe, i find. 

Not that it matters much now that you've gone to Colo Colo. Interesting club and man, that's a nice chunk of money you are sitting on. 

1 minute ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Nice development on Ocampos. Getting that wonderkid tag is a great feeling. And more than just a point of pride, it means their reputation has gone. And that means the value has gone up - helps prevent annoyingly low offers from Europe, i find. 

Not that it matters much now that you've gone to Colo Colo. Interesting club and man, that's a nice chunk of money you are sitting on. 

It'll be interesting to see how long they keep hold of him for, the big clubs in Portugal were after him, as well as Boca.

18 hours ago, noikeee said:

Nooooo you should've stuck to Nacional. :(

I probably would have stayed for longer had I not managed them on FM17.

Colo Colo is a new club for me, and it's a job that just never came around for me on FM17 (on either attempt).

9P3K30t.png
Colo Colo - Campeonato Nacional Scotiabank - 2024

The board were expecting a title win in my first season at my new club, I was fairly confident of delivering just that.

League Table - I had written off the title as Universidad de Chile has opened up a big lead, but they let us back in by losing a couple of matches. They played first and lost, meaning we needed a win to secure the title. This happened.

Supercopa de Chile - we were really lucky to win this one.

Copa Chile - I used this competition to play the youngsters.

Copa Libertadores - we had a superb run with some outstanding wins, but the final was just a step too far for us.

Squad - the balance of the squad is improving, but we still have a few weak spots. We desperately need a star striker.

Transfers - I spent quite a bit, but not all of the signings impressed.

Finances - a big loss, but there's plenty left in the bank.

Key Player Profiles:

Iván Morales - our top scorer, but we could do with better.

Ernesto Caceres - this winger was signed just before I joined.

Tomás Pochettino - another decent winger.

Vavá - my big money signing.

Moisés Ponce - I should be able to build my defence around him.

Career Overview:

2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Intermedio winners
2024       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             2nc          Copa Libertadores finalists
Next Season:

Making the final of the Copa Libertadores was an unexpected bonus, but the league has to be our priority fir next season. Hopefully as the younger players gain experience we can build a squad capable of that.

Archived