Make South America Great Again!

dafuge

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, dafuge said:

League Table - I had written off the title as Universidad de Chile has opened up a big lead, but they let us back in by losing a couple of matches. They played first and lost, meaning we needed a win to secure the title. This happened.

Hahahahaha wtf man. There seems to be a trend of a lot of people getting pie on their face at the very end of the season in this forum this year, but that's the most brutal of them all I've seen yet. "Unlucky" doesn't even begin to cover it.

Looks like you're well on your way to assemble a dream team of super South American youngsters, both the CB and the Uruguayan goalie look amazing. This is the coolest thing about managing in South America, you get youth star after star after star from the intakes and from the other clubs around you.

4 hours ago, noikeee said:

Hahahahaha wtf man. There seems to be a trend of a lot of people getting pie on their face at the very end of the season in this forum this year, but that's the most brutal of them all I've seen yet. "Unlucky" doesn't even begin to cover it.

Looks like you're well on your way to assemble a dream team of super South American youngsters, both the CB and the Uruguayan goalie look amazing. This is the coolest thing about managing in South America, you get youth star after star after star from the intakes and from the other clubs around you.

It was absolutely brutal!

It is great to be able to easily put together a group of great youngsters, but you just know they are going to be poached if they are good enough.

9P3K30t.png
Colo Colo - Campeonato Nacional Scotiabank - 2025

Last season we were five minutes away from winning the league, this time we had to get the job done.

League Table - we cruised to the title, nearly going unbeaten.

Copa Chilethe younger players were good enough to win the cup.

Copa Libertadores - things were going well but we finished with a series of losses in Brazil.

Squad - the squad is in great shape now.

Transfers - I splashed out on three key foreign players.

Finances - another big loss.

Key Player Profiles:

Iván Morales - top scorer again.

João Cleriston - signed midseason, he's our main striker now.

Nereu Antônio - a brilliant Brazilian winger.

Michael Ocampo - our most valuable player.

David Adams - a great new youth product.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             12th         Started job in May
2019       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             1st          Promoted as champions
2020       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Intermedio winners, Playoff finalists
2021       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          n/a          Intermedio finalists, left in October
2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Started job in October
2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Playoff winners
2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Intermedio winners
2024       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             2nd          Copa Libertadores finalists
2025       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             1st          Copa Chile winners
Next Season:

I really think we could challenge for the Libertadores next season.

9P3K30t.png
Colo Colo - Campeonato Nacional Scotiabank - 2026

Last season we completed a domestic league and cup double, but it was the Libertadores that I was really interested in.

League Table - we cruised to the title, this time managing to remain unbeaten.

Supercopa de Chile - a one sided match to kick off the season.

Copa Chile - the younger players got us to the final where the first team finished off the job.

Copa Libertadores - we finally got the better of the Brazilians as our home form won us the trophy.

FIFA Club World Cup - this was unexpected! City underestimated us, with Mbappé, Alli and De Bruyne all coming on as subs.

Squad - there's a few weaker positions, but this squad is in superb shape.

Transfers - just one signing, a new central defender.

Finances - a decent profit, mostly due to the investment by the board.

Key Player Profiles:

João Cleriston - top scorer in an amazing season.

Ernesto Caceres - I was lucky to have this player when I took the job.

David Adams - this youth product is amazing, just a shame he's a bit of an arse.

Nereu Antônio - our most valuable player, and the reason Adams doesn't start every game.

Moisés Ponce - a superb defender.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                   Country    League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             12th         Started job in May
2019       Sud América            Uruguay    Segunda División             1st          Promoted as champions
2020       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Intermedio winners, Playoff finalists
2021       Sud América            Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          n/a          Intermedio finalists, left in October
2021       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          2nd          Started job in October
2022       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Playoff winners
2023       Nacional               Uruguay    Campeonato Uruguayo          1st          Intermedio winners
2024       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             2nd          Copa Libertadores finalists
2025       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             1st          Copa Chile winners
2026       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             1st          Copa Chile, Copa Libertadores and CWC winners
Next Season:

We won every trophy without losing a single match, so there's no way to improve on that. I really like this club, but with nothing left to aim for I might be tempted if an interesting job comes up.

JFwyXJ0.png

I applied for jobs at Flamengo and Boca, which got me the sack at Colo Colo! After attending interviews for both, it looked like I had the choice of the two so I went for Flamengo.

Club - not the biggest club in Brazil, but perhaps one of the most famous.

Facilities - the facilities are great, and there's a planned expansion on the stadium.

Finances - I thought Colo Colo were rich!

Squad - I have 78 players on the books, so I'll be clearing a lot of that out.

League Table - the club are in a decent position as the previous manager left for another club. The board is expecting the title though.

This could well be a long term job for me. I had just taken this job on my FM17 effort before the bug ended my game, so it's nice to be able to go back and finish off the job.

This is turning out quite an entertaining career. Wins every single competition unbeaten, including the Club World Cup over a monster Man City team (fantastic achievement!), with Colo Colo. Gets sacked for not being loyal enough. :D

Think you've earned the right to poach all their best players, screw Colo Colo.

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2027

Things got a bit messy after an amazing final season at Colo Colo, but I ended up in the job I ultimately wanted. The board wanted the title, but I just wanted to survive my first year in the job.

League Table - part way through the season we were struggling and my job was in real danger, but we improved enough to nearly snatch the title.

Campeonato Carioca - I've got no idea what is going on here, but we won it. I think.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - at least this one was a bit shorter, but I might play the youngsters in it next season.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - we didn't last too long in this one.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - despite some poor results, we found ourselves in the final where we were about 15 minutes away from lifting the trophy.

Squad - the squad is far too big at the moment as I signed a number of youngsters late on in the season. There will be players sold soon.

Transfers - I raided my old club, but discovered that some of those players weren't quite as good as I though they were.

Finances - that money didn't last long.

Key Player Profiles:

Mariano Rodríguez - the big money signing made an instant impact.

Maurício Osmar - a newly signed striker who could make an impact next season.

Miguel Giménez - highly rated, but didn't quite perform as well as he could.

Michael Ocampo - looks like he is as good as I thought he was back at Nacional.

Moisés Ponce - another highly rated youngster from my old club.

Career Overview:

2026       Colo Colo              Chile      Primera División             1st          Copa Chile, Copa Libertadores and CWC winners
2027       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      2nd          Carioca and Sul-Minas-Rio winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
Next Season:

I'd forgotten just how long the Brazilian season was! Next season I need to take this into account with better squad rotation and hopefully an improved squad. I need to prioritise the league.

5 minutes ago, Northernpilgrim said:

I've never managed in South America. Seasons seem to be epic in length, and it's not always easy to work the rules out. Looks like you're getting your usual domination going though :)

It's a real mixture, some of them are actually quite short. Not Brazil though, that can get silly in the number of games!

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2028

We were a bit short of quality in depth last season to win the title, so I was hoping my improved squad would be up to it this season.

League Table - it was pretty close, but our form in the final third of the season saw us take the title.

Campeonato Carioca - it was my fault for not checking the rules, but I was busy choosing my subs for extra time when we lost for being the lower seed.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - despite losing our opening match, we managed to retain the trophy.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - we failed at the same stage as last season.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - in a carbon copy of least season, we made it to the final despite some poor away form. We lost to Cruzeiro, again.

Squad - the squad is taking shape with the younger players filling it up.

Transfers - a couple of young players signed, neither of which really impressed.

Finances - a huge profit thanks to the transfers.

Key Player Profiles:

Mariano Rodríguez - top scorer, but not up to the standard of last season.

Silvio Mareco - another great season, but the form of the younger players might mean he gets sold.

Miguel Giménez - this was the form that was missing last season.

Cristiano da Silva - I nearly sold him last season, but he's played amazingly well as a backup winger.

Pierre - this young striker made a fuss about not playing, then proved his point.

Career Overview:

2027       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      2nd          Carioca and Sul-Minas-Rio winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2028       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio winners and Copa Libertadores finalists
Next Season:

The younger players are progressing nicely, so I'm hoping we can challenge again for the big two competitions.

I'm a bit surprised than in 2 seasons you haven't managed to win the Libertadores yet. :D I'd have put money on you doing it the 1st year! Came close both times though. You must hate Cruzeiro by now.

3 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I'm a bit surprised than in 2 seasons you haven't managed to win the Libertadores yet. :D I'd have put money on you doing it the 1st year! Came close both times though. You must hate Cruzeiro by now.

I have a 25% win rate in the final now, I'm getting worried :D

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2029

Last season we conquered the domestic league, but lost the Libertadores final for a second successive season. Could we finally win it this time?

League Table - we went 35 games unbeaten,  before an inexplicable 2-0 home defeat to Botofogo.

Campeonato Carioca - Fluminese gave us some close games, but we came out on top in all of them.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - things were looking good until international call-ups decimated our squad in the final.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - once again, international call-ups cost us as we failed to overturn the first leg deficit.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - I thought we had it in the bag after the away win, but our players decided to throw it away in spectacular fashion in the final.

Squad - the youngsters are filling out the squad nicely, things are only going to get better.

Transfers - we made a huge profit as I moved on a few players to give the youngsters a chance.

Finances - we have more money than we can spend.

Key Player Profiles:

Mariano Rodríguez - top scorer yet again.

Maurício Osmar - starting to make an impact as the second striker.

Cristiano da Silva - an amazing goalscoring record for a second choice winger.

David Adams - he may be trouble, but he's great.

Josimar - an amazing youth product I was lucky to have when I took the job.

Career Overview:

2028       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Sul-Minas-Rio winners and Copa Libertadores finalists
2029       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca winners, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa Libertadores finalists
Next Season:

Three times losing finalists is a bit of a joke now, surely next season we have to win it?

57 minutes ago, dafuge said:

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2029

Last season we conquered the domestic league, but lost the Libertadores final for a second successive season. Could we finally win it this time?

League Table - we went 35 games unbeaten,  before an inexplicable 2-0 home defeat to Botofogo.

Campeonato Carioca - Fluminese gave us some close games, but we came out on top in all of them.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - things were looking good until international call-ups decimated our squad in the final.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - once again, international call-ups cost us as we failed to overturn the first leg deficit.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - I thought we had it in the bag after the away win, but our players decided to throw it away in spectacular fashion in the final.

Squad - the youngsters are filling out the squad nicely, things are only going to get better.

Transfers - we made a huge profit as I moved on a few players to give the youngsters a chance.

Finances - we have more money than we can spend.

Key Player Profiles:

Mariano Rodríguez - top scorer yet again.

Maurício Osmar - starting to make an impact as the second striker.

Cristiano da Silva - an amazing goalscoring record for a second choice winger.

David Adams - he may be trouble, but he's great.

Josimar - an amazing youth product I was lucky to have when I took the job.

Career Overview:

2029       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca winners, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa Libertadores finalists
Next Season:

Three times losing finalists is a bit of a joke now, surely next season we have to win it?

Great career so far, KUTGW :)

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 05:27, kidthekid said:

wow, unlucky stretch in the finals. Surely, its only a matter of time

It really has just been bad luck. 

We've got the squad to win it all, but we just keep losing the odd key game each season.

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2030

Three years in a row we have bottled it in the Copa Libertadores final. Surely this was going to be the year we finally won it?

League Table - we didn't have the best start, but we finished strongly and blew away the opposition.

Campeonato Carioca - we recovered from a shocking turn two final defeat to win the playoff.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio - another slow start, but we made easy work of the final.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - we came through the tricky fixtures during the internationals to win this for my first time.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - we had an almighty comeback in the semis then got the tricky away leg of the final out of the way with a 2-2 draw. It then happened again. This makes it four consecutive final losses.

Squad - it's getting to the point where it is hard to improve this squad, but I might have the chance to replace some of the foreign players.

Transfers - I spent big on one player for once, as a player I had wanted for a while became available.

Finances - a small loss, but the finances are great considering the transfers.

Key Player Profiles:

Mariano Rodríguez - top scorer again, but I might be tempted if a huge bid comes in.

Pierre - this young striker has continued to impress.

Jeferson - the big money signing.

David Adams - he had a rough patch, but he's happy and playing well again.

Leonardo Lourenço - a decent looking new youth product.

Career Overview:

2030       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa do Brasil winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
Next Season:

Once again, our aim will be to finally win the Copa Libertadores. 

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2031

Four years in a row we have bottled it in the Copa Libertadores final. Surely this was going to be the year we finally won it?

League Table - despite the shocking run during the Copa America, we breezed past Corinthians.

Campeonato Carioca - just like last season, we lost the turn two final but won the playoff.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio -  the international call-ups didn't help us, but we scraped through on penalties.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - the final was about as close as it gets.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - we made easy work of every round until the final, when it happened again!

Squad - close to perfection, and still getting better.

Transfers - nothing!

Finances - a decent profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Mariano Rodríguez - it was a return to form for our star striker.

Jeferson - the big money signing from last season delivered.

David Adams - a bit nutty, but brilliant.

Alan - our most valuable player.

Zidane - a new youth product.

Career Overview:

2030       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa do Brasil winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
2031       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa do Brasil winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
Next Season:

Surely next year will be our year?

9 hours ago, dafuge said:

JFwyXJ0.png
Flamengo - Campeonato Brasileiro Chevrolet Série A - 2031

Four years in a row we have bottled it in the Copa Libertadores final. Surely this was going to be the year we finally won it?

League Table - despite the shocking run during the Copa America, we breezed past Corinthians.

Campeonato Carioca - just like last season, we lost the turn two final but won the playoff.

Liga Sul-Minas-Rio -  the international call-ups didn't help us, but we scraped through on penalties.

Copa Continental Pneus do Brasil - the final was about as close as it gets.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores - we made easy work of every round until the final, when it happened again!

Squad - close to perfection, and still getting better.

Transfers - nothing!

Finances - a decent profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Mariano Rodríguez - it was a return to form for our star striker.

Jeferson - the big money signing from last season delivered.

David Adams - a bit nutty, but brilliant.

Alan - our most valuable player.

Zidane - a new youth product.

Career Overview:

2031       Flamengo               Brazil     Série A                      1st          Carioca, Sul-Minas-Rio and Copa do Brasil winners, Copa Libertadores finalists
Next Season:

Surely next year will be our year?

Dominating Brazil as usual, only a matter of time before you win the Libertadores :)

Archived