1860 Munich

Mihalis

This is the save i am really looking forward too.

Down to the 4th tier of German football due to the chairman not paying their license. I am hoping for the day somebody unlocks those leagues as playable because i do not have the relevant skill to even attempt it. 

Anybody else thinking about trying to bring them back into the Bundesliga then challenge Bayern for the title and most importantly... MUNICH BRAGGING RIGHTS?

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 15:06, Mihalis said:

This is the save i am really looking forward too.

Down to the 4th tier of German football due to the chairman not paying their license. I am hoping for the day somebody unlocks those leagues as playable because i do not have the relevant skill to even attempt it. 

Anybody else thinking about trying to bring them back into the Bundesliga then challenge Bayern for the title and most importantly... MUNICH BRAGGING RIGHTS?

Just sim one year and they should more often than not be promoted to Bundesliga 3 and then start from there. Add manager and away you go.

Just now, KUBI said:

Yes, 1860 is playing in the Regionalliga this season.

Yeah i know that. Was just making sure it was that one. Didn't wanna subscribe to one that didn't work, cheers!

Just now, KUBI said:

My advice with all custom league files: Run a test on holiday for 2 or 3 seasons.

Yeah was thinking of doing that just to make sure rather than go through enjoying it for it all to go wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All, I'm thinking of starting a new save once the latest patch is released and fancy giving 1860 Munich a try. Does anyone have any recommended signings, players to keep hold of or develop etc.?

• 1 month later...

I'm going into my 7th season with 1860(now 2024) and just got back to the Bundesliga for the second time.  I had been playing with Cleon's 4-2-3-1 but have found it difficult to defend against a 4-4-2 especially as the weaker side.  Does anyone have any tactic recommendations? 

I might go with a 4-1-2-3 with a half back to defend against many teams in the bundesliga that use a 4-4-2.  Only issue is my small strikers who I believe will struggle against big, physical defenders.  Anyways, I'm still not totally out of the clear financially, but we're getting there.  I have some really promising youth prospects and players that I'll be looking to turn a profit on soon.  I'm a big fan of picking up players from South America too as I feel they can exploit the Bundesliga due to their pace and flair against German competition.  Any advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

7th season and still not financially in the clear?! Wow, I was hoping things become better soon - I'm starting my 3rd season currently - after back to back promotions, we're leading in 2nd division in the beginning of November, while Hamburg, after relegating from the top tier, are heading directly to 3rd level of German football, even though they have the likes of Halilovic in their ranks. 

I am using TFFs Demolisher tactic, which a lot of people qualify as "exploiting", but I've always enjoyed developing and managing the players more.

Well when I say “not financially in the clear” it’s because we built a new stadium and i request that we update our facilities/youth recruitment etc. whenever we can. We may go 20 million up at one point but then it goes close to zero or negative once the season ends. Nothing bad though, i could easily sell a player or two to break this trend but I’d rather keep the young core of my team together as we aim for a mid table finish this year

Archived