[FM18] AFC, A Chainsaw Massacre (2019-2036) // Basque Bonanza (2037-2040)

MarcxD

36 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Tomasiewicz looks absolute class, great timing too, for a player like that to pop up, after selling the strikers. ;) 

Good luck for the CL, I'm actually a bit surprised that you've managed to get that far this year, Feyenoord are obviously beatable too, it'd be quite ironic if this was your year despite the squad having got weaker!

Quite!

I am surprised as well, I really thought Man Utd would mean the end for us.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 2035

txgtEix.png

r4w50do.png

Feyenoord was tough and we were lucky to get away with a 3-1 win at home, defended well away so we have made it tothe final! Wow.

We played well against PSV but the last league match of the season was much of a bummer, a lot of the young kids just did not perform.

TcugbG3.png

The lowest points total in many years, but still champions. Heracles keep their second place and will accompany us, PSV & Feyenoord in the CL next year. Ajax has had another mid-table season but will go to the EL as cup winners.

oSFNbPA.png

Man City it is then. LOL at the screen talking about AFC's riches and Man city's "rather more modest budget" - you do realize they bought Van Dijk for 130M last January? 

Another interesting factor is that the match will be played in Amsterdam. It is very unlikely that we'll win, but you never know... 90 minutes, anything can happen, and more cliches like that :)

Champions League Final 2035 - Man City vs. AFC

NzDJPWP.png

The first try was amazing, a hattrick from Justin Juan gave AFC their first CL in history and the first Dutch CL since Ajax in 1995.

eSVougb.png

I played on, I actually played the semi-final of the nations league with the national team (which I lost) and then it crashed.

I just replayed it, and I was extremely relieved!

WFF3xdr.png

It was really tense and sadly no hattrick for Justin Juan this time (which is the difference between him being CL goalscorer in his first season as 1st choice striker) but we've won again! If I would've lost I honestly don't know what I would've done, it would be a great temptation to reload but that would not feel right at the same time. 

R1bhasC.pngOVsz9TP.pngwqTPkjb.png

5 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

Brilliant! A very hard season you had but the struggle has paid off in the end. Congrats mate!

Where does the save go from here?

Thanks man!

A good question, but I don't know the answer yet. It is not ending now though.

I have had the plan for a while to continue as Dutch national team manager but resign as AFC manager. In that way I can continue the career with the players, and see what the AI does with AFC and its wealth in money and players. I would get through the seasons pretty quickly that way and perhaps I could start a new career with a different club (in a new thread), I have had an idea for a while for another career I want to do.

Not sure if I want to do that now though or try to get AFC to a 5* reputation club first by going for another CL.

6 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

Thanks man!

A good question, but I don't know the answer yet. It is not ending now though.

I have had the plan for a while to continue as Dutch national team manager but resign as AFC manager. In that way I can continue the career with the players, and see what the AI does with AFC and its wealth in money and players. I would get through the seasons pretty quickly that way and perhaps I could start a new career with a different club (in a new thread), I have had an idea for a while for another career I want to do.

Not sure if I want to do that now though or try to get AFC to a 5* reputation club first by going for another CL.

I think you should take over a Belgian side and bring the Belgian league up in quality like you did with the Eredivisie. If you could betray the Netherlands like that I think it would make for an interesting next chapter.

Or maybe do something with the Andorrans.

17 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

I think you should take over a Belgian side and bring the Belgian league up in quality like you did with the Eredivisie. If you could betray the Netherlands like that I think it would make for an interesting next chapter.

Or maybe do something with the Andorrans.

I'm keeping this as a one-club save but check out my F.C. Andorra save in FM17, it wasn't youth only but still a good one if you ask me :) 

15 hours ago, Rikulec said:

I told you. :brock:

13 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Go for every price with AFC why don't you :brock:

I just don't want this to end D:

13 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Congratulations dude. What a win!

11 hours ago, john1 said:

Superb season :cool: 

11 hours ago, the_hdk said:

congrats and an amazing AAR :)

Thanks guys!

I think I will do one more season with AFC because I would like to win the European supercup and the club world cup. After the season's over I will probably resign as AFC manager, and go on playing as the national team manager. 

On 02/01/2018 at 14:37, MarcxD said:

August 2034

YmXnxJC.png

A really good start and Juan scored 5 goals in the first 3 eredivisie matches so perhaps nothing to worry about then!

uwgJ5yN.png

Ajax start unbeaten for a change, bad start for PSV and Katwijk is back in the Eredivisie with 3 draws.

9ev8N9O.png

Got this message as well, I think the highest number of players called up, at least that I can remember. Some more were added later actually for the u20 squad.

How’s inkai Torres looking. I saw he playing cam or up top?

On 05/01/2018 at 13:03, MarcxD said:

May 2035

txgtEix.png

r4w50do.png

Feyenoord was tough and we were lucky to get away with a 3-1 win at home, defended well away so we have made it tothe final! Wow.

We played well against PSV but the last league match of the season was much of a bummer, a lot of the young kids just did not perform.

TcugbG3.png

The lowest points total in many years, but still champions. Heracles keep their second place and will accompany us, PSV & Feyenoord in the CL next year. Ajax has had another mid-table season but will go to the EL as cup winners.

oSFNbPA.png

Man City it is then. LOL at the screen talking about AFC's riches and Man city's "rather more modest budget" - you do realize they bought Van Dijk for 130M last January? 

Another interesting factor is that the match will be played in Amsterdam. It is very unlikely that we'll win, but you never know... 90 minutes, anything can happen, and more cliches like that :)

Lets show VN Dijk what he left

June 2035 - Dutch National Team

Before the crash I had already played the nations league semi-final and lost. 

4EFUZQo.png

I had to replay the game and the same thing happened again. Very unlucky with a red card and apparently a "questionable" ruling out of a goal in the 94th minute.

p5zkmcK.png

Did get the third place because we beat our neighbors Belgium, happy enough with that.

There were also some friendlies after these games, so a relatively busy June.

AYS7eev.pngFn948cg.png

Two decent wins against some non-European opposition, pleasing enough..

Season Review 2034-2035

MtLbqJM.png

Not fantastic in the league but we were first except for 2 matchdays. Another poor showing in the cup but of course it was the CL that made this season.

8yvyde9.png

Great stuff from Justin Juan in his first season, I guess it shows that the team behind the striker is strong. The sub bench shows a lot of promising players, the team can definitely become stronger and a real powerhouse if they all develop, not even taking into account the players on the reserves.

4G9OWkg.png

Gravenberch getting closer to getting the most apps in this team, would be good to have a youth player get that. There are a lot of central defenders around his level now though, so that will take more than one season. Still the tactic with the DM here, which forces Torres into an AML position. I'm not sure if he has even ever played there.

Ap6IDIU.png

Highest rating for Justin Juan, most minutes for key player Torres. Wages are still relatively low.

Since the performance in the league was relatively lacking not even one player in the top 3 for player of the year, but there were some awards.

vKKmgpB.png

Caceres wins his second talent of the year, with former AFC player Asyrow getting in second for Ajax.

avO9hQ9.png

I got another second place in manager of the year, I would've expected the Heracles manager to beat me but not Heerenveen.

XnR5X9T.png

An end of an era. Too bad the CL win isn't on his resume but I don't think he played any CL game this year and only perhaps 2 or 3 Eredivisie games.

28 minutes ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

How’s inkai Torres looking. I saw he playing cam or up top?

0QqXmCV.pngpgjNZmI.png

He has played AMC for pretty much all the seasons except his 22 goal year when he was a striker.

He is not world-class but just very good and always delivers. There have been offers throughout the years but never high enough for me to say yes. I think the highest one must've been around 50M, I think it was Real Madrid.

15 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

0QqXmCV.pngpgjNZmI.png

He has played AMC for pretty much all the seasons except his 22 goal year when he was a striker.

He is not world-class but just very good and always delivers. There have been offers throughout the years but never high enough for me to say yes. I think the highest one must've been around 50M, I think it was Real Madrid.

He must never leave. The world class Andorran must become a leader and a captain

Inaki :)  love the name too!

you mentioned a few times you did an andorran game before? I guess i'll have to read up on that one. sounds awesome. I've did androrran run a few times myself...but could never stick with it for more than 5-6 seasons. I just dont like LA Liga. So this year i've added a Dublin-based team in League Two :p

11 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

Inaki :)  love the name too!

you mentioned a few times you did an andorran game before? I guess i'll have to read up on that one. sounds awesome. I've did androrran run a few times myself...but could never stick with it for more than 5-6 seasons. I just dont like LA Liga. So this year i've added a Dublin-based team in League Two :p

:brock: 

Pre-Season 2035

ilzO6Nw.png

Huge budgets after last season's sales, still not expected to do anything in the CL... 

7dwZUlR.png8nnSary.pngBt3zzWF.png

Similar like the previous seasons, a lot of loans and some players on the last year of their contracts were sold. Verhoeven (4c) had been at the club for a while but was now the 4th best AMR at the club so he was let go, a bit below his value which was 8M or so.

TK8xrMl.png

The group seems relatively easy, but Atletico again.

Ydh0B8b.png

The friendlies went very well although the opposition wasn't the best. Very unlucky to lose in the Dutch supercup because we dominated the match but did manage to win the European Supercup! 

August 2035

M5Gx0Cb.png

Started the league with a loss against Feyenoord, very disappointing performance really. Two decent wins followed to make for at least a slightly acceptable month.

BpsztD5.png

Feyenoord actually lost 5-0 to AZ so they're below us. 4 teams still unbeaten.

September 2035

EfpbJ2W.png

Ah, this is much better. It would be hard to get a better month than this... beating PSV 3-0, dominating and scoring tons of goals in every match.

3WG2Dpr.png

And in first again. 

There were also two qualifiers with the National Team:

k2jTf22.png

Probably the best other team in the group but we've dealt with them easily enough.

0UNIUAd.png

Not a great performance but a win is a win as they say.

October & November 2035

Played on and forgot to take a league table screenshot after October so two months at once;

CSiG7UM.pngO6FYIvo.png

Great results in the Champions League, all wins with a lot of goals, probably the only disappointing result in these months is the derby loss against Ajax.

Ez8YDb8.png

Feyenoord doing well, a decent lead on the other teams.

These two months also had the last 4 qualifiers for Euro 2036.

7zhcU4t.pngH9ve0fr.pngSedsVQ3.pngTTSdAry.png

Really don't have a lot of things to say about these games outside of the fact that the performances were pleasing and a good amount of goals against not the best of opposition to be fair.

zAm9UcU.png

100% record!

December 2035

XbDdT9b.pngZn1Q3MO.png

CWC won! Quite easily. First in the CL group and through in the cup.

O8qsiYK.png

6 Points on Feyenoord, a possible 5 on PSV.

UN3OByu.png

Drawn with Bayern in the CL... and PSV face Dortmund. I think we can both progress.

5duMUhM.png

Fourth time a player of mine has won the Golden Boy award, he sure is doing really well!

3265o5p.png

My side goal of getting to 5* reputation is now complete after winning the CWC. Very good. Makes me feel better about resigning when the season is done.

xbOEdYl.png

World Cup qualifiers have been drawn, another pretty easy group.

January 2036

19th new year since this career started. 17th as an AFC manager. 1st as reigning Champions League and CWC holder.

CeicVRt.png

Wow, no goals conceded in the official matches! Loving this. Through to the semi's of the Cup, where we face Ajax (current holders of that blasted thing).

hWvNvby.png

PSV still pretty close, to be fair, and the next game is away at PSV. So it still could be a pretty exciting title race. What I'm also excited about though, is the goals scored. Can we finally reach that 100?!

Also, because it was January it was a transfer month. I didn't really do anything but one outgoing loan, but there were loads of offers, some pretty big. Left-back de Boer, who has developed really well was the object of the biggest one, about 40m to a maximum of 60m. I rejected though, since I obviously don't need any money, there aren't any left back prospects and since this is going to be my last half year as AFC manager there's no advantage whatsoever in selling now. Let my successor do that (and I'm afraid he will, very much so).

February 2036

8vs1cTK.png

Ouch, that PSV loss hurt! But otherwise can't be upset when you beat Bayern in their stadium 3-0!

0xoxtFU.png

Actually in second, although with a game in hand. One draw though and PSV are on equal footing. I'm actually excited that there's a chance of more of a fight for the title again!

oAItvjN.png

A new record as well this month. 

(Last) Youth Intake 2036

YSkMRIb.png

Some interesting players, too bad that all the international players are ***** except for the Israeli kid. Personalities are poor, not great to give to the AI but oh well.

MqkdHuR.png

Decent, quite like the look of him actually.

mtn5NBU.png

First Israeli prospect coming through an affiliation, and yet another great striker prospect it seems like.

W7q8MQg.png

Not the biggest PA perception but a lot of fantastic attributes here. 

March 2036

3R4rQiB.png

Two draws against teams we should be able to beat but otherwise a good enough month with another good win over Bayern to get us through to the quarter-finals, also through to the final of the Cup for the first time in many years. Our opponent there will be Heracles.

48Qg7AH.png

Perhaps the best draw I could've gotten. I had expected PSV to beat Dortmund but they just missed out.

7ysTdZO.png

With our draws and a loss for PSV it's still very tight, to be sure of the title we need to win the final 6 matches of the season. Reaching 100 goals will be hard albeit not impossible, we will need to score more than 3 goals on average.

2bMIs6H.pngcNF3hu8.png

Two international friendlies against decent opposition, not really the best of performances.

25 minutes ago, andychar said:

What's the plan after this season?

Be a shame to say goodbye after all that hard work.

I will resign but I will keep following the club, the players etc, possibly also new intakes. If the club stays at the top I will let it be, but if it drops down I might take over at some point again. Dunno. I'm interested to see what the AI does with it.

April 2036

WQZdVFf.png

A super busy month with tons of goals. Fantastic performances against FC Porto in the CL, and did very well in the league as well. A slight loss against Barca but with the home game still to go and 3 away goals I'm still hopeful.

ECAZx3t.pngIYSS9GR.png

PSV has not been able to keep up so another title! Need to score 5 goals at home against Heerenveen to get those 100 goals.

bOstBhV.png

Euro 2036 group, not too bad! Should finish 1st.

May 2036

J1kmQuZ.pngCh78blv.png

Needed penalties but finally won the cup again, and the 1-0 was just enough to get to the final of the CL.

2oCNRws.png

OKBlflt.png

Same final as last year then! 

SgC43vp.png

Another milestone.

9MHDWUn.png

Annoyingly both my leftbacks will miss out on the CL final.

I was still catching up to last season, congrats on finally winning the CL, the Club World Cup too. :)  Crazy that you had to replay it, when I have big wins like this I rush to the save game button before doing anything else. :D

Good luck for the new CL final and go beat Man City again. ;) 

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

I was still catching up to last season, congrats on finally winning the CL, the Club World Cup too. :)  Crazy that you had to replay it, when I have big wins like this I rush to the save game button before doing anything else. :D

Good luck for the new CL final and go beat Man City again. ;) 

This season has flown by to be fair! I usually save as well, but just forgot to do that this time I guess.

Thank you!

Champions League Final 2036, Man City vs. AFC

5xuyJkl.png

First the U19's showed us what not to do in their first youth league final.
H8ootnP.png

But sadly we repeated them anyway :( No second CL in a row then in my last match as AFC manager.

sIPHJsp.png55zbceX.png

At least a great record and Juan as topscorer of the CL.

Season Review 2035-2036

mZtE4t3.png

In many ways a fantastic season, won almost everything that is there to win and a more tense title race. Not perfect, but it doesn't always have to be.

3LsQ5Ve.png

Another fantastic season from Justin Juan but really everyone was great. All had an average of 7 or higher, even the subs.

yNPuxxC.png

The all-time team after 17 seasons of management.

Awards

kxRJZ1l.pngi76L5tD.pngzWMTDcC.pngGGtYwmr.pngHgTBqQL.png

Juan won Player, Talent and topscorer of the year, Nijhuis won GK of the year and somehow once again I have missed out on becoming manager of the year.

The End of an Era - Resigned!

bjHu24n.png

Big decision but a good time to quit, going through the motions just for the sake of it isn't the right way to play this game I feel.

nRncmps.png

This didn't need to happen really but it could've been worse than these 10 coaches I guess.

My record after 17 seasons:

0j8U9j9.png

21xj0lI.png

(just missing the last Eredivisie title)

dii7fqC.png

My profile now.

Remarkably, on the same day that I left Herrera also resigned at PSV. Like it had to happen, after a long rivalry.

I wondered who the AFC board would pick as my replacement.

kJdAVDB.png

Well, a Brazilian former Benfica manager then! Did not expect that.

MBNNG6y.png?1

He did good there (inactive league tbf) but no European success outside of an EL final.

38 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

You had Gerrie Senden and Nathan Rutjes as coaches? As a Roda JC fan I'm both hugely surprised as well as honoured :eek:

I'm more suprised he had a 'Nacho' which is/was a player of Real Madrid IIRC. Although seeing people like them and Luuk de Jong is still quite fun.

Maurice Steijn has still got it after all these years, jeez.

Also I wonder if Marc X still has a thick Spanish accent after almost 20 years in The Netherlands. Would be kinda funny.

4 hours ago, john1 said:

Any clubs that interest you in next move?

Not right away, going to stay international manager for now.

It might be fun to take over as Ajax manager at some point if they stay mid-table or lower. I support them IRL but usually don't really like managing them in FM anymore since it's too easy at least to dominate in Holland I think. Not saying I will do this but it's just a thought. It's also very possible that I will be starting another club career in another thread and continue this alongside that... I honestly am not sure yet.

4 hours ago, Rikulec said:

You've done one hell of a job there. :applause:

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, Timetxu said:

You had Gerrie Senden and Nathan Rutjes as coaches? As a Roda JC fan I'm both hugely surprised as well as honoured :eek:

I'm going to be honest and admit that I let my DoF hire coaches and scouts, but yeah those guys had been coaches for a long time. I do usually hire former players anyway, if I take take care of it myself. Luuk de Jong was my last DoF actually and Gill Swerts had been my HoYD for quite a long time. 

1 hour ago, Minuy600 said:

I'm more suprised he had a 'Nacho' which is/was a player of Real Madrid IIRC. Although seeing people like them and Luuk de Jong is still quite fun.

Maurice Steijn has still got it after all these years, jeez.

Also I wonder if Marc X still has a thick Spanish accent after almost 20 years in The Netherlands. Would be kinda funny.

Haha yeah he probably would, a weird Catalan accent perhaps. Steijn has won manager of the year for the last 2 seasons, I'm calling BS.

Archived