A Danish Brondby?! No, what I asked for was.....

BoxToBox

We had a quiet summer, post Confed Cup.

4b299f9a1d1afc9b44c6c7b822ce1450.png

First summer in a while we sold some players we didn't need. Story of the day must be Zidane pays for Wang.

Also, on deadline day, Lyon bid multiple times for, and tried to upset one of my holding mids. This was a mistake. Their starting keeper was Iiskola, who they loaned from us at the start of the window, needless to say that was cancelled and they didn't have time to replace him.

We're the only Danes to make CL group stages, after Nordsjaelland drew Benfica in their playoffs.

f9ae6602f5733f0b9cfcc126ff3b11bc.png3d5abd806e35c3b6a4d5ef2338dcbc0a.pngd6bebcb5123b2888dde9c428875e30fb.png

Handy group for us, not so much for the others.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I'm sure we could settle out of court!

e6ab0cd4dd9719eeca408bf2da6099b1.png

Two big injuries in two seasons. :(

He'd already scored 17 goals......

What age did he start in the first team? Could this be what @Jimbokav1971 was alluding to? Obviously maybe a little early but a suggestion at least. 

11 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

What age did he start in the first team? Could this be what @Jimbokav1971 was alluding to? Obviously maybe a little early but a suggestion at least. 

He was 18 on the day of the intake and played 3 games at the end of that season, but became a first team regular after that, averaging between 25 and 30 starts a season along with 15-20 sub apps. EDIT: Busiest season so far was indeed, 30 starts and 20 subs.

5 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

He was 18 on the day of the intake and played 3 games at the end of that season, but became a first team regular after that, averaging between 25 and 30 starts a season along with 15-20 sub apps. EDIT: Busiest season so far was indeed, 30 starts and 20 subs.

Be interesting to keep an eye on him in the coming seasons.

28 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

No. I don't think that's it. I'm thinking more a natural degradation in physical ability, but earlier than you would otherwise see as a result of the early career action. Yes there will be injuries, but 25 seems too early for this. 

The other thing is that I'm not sure that hamstrings are the type of injuries that will be seen even where there are injuries involved. Ligaments more than muscular I would have thought, (but it is guesswork here and this is the 1st season that it's been in the game). 

Vilfort Day!

I'm not sure what to say, it's odd to not be too happy with picking up a generational talent, I mean, it's always excellent news, but we need to have a frank discussion abut Kim's apparent hate of defenders.
We have so much attacking depth, it's ridiculous.

a9540bbc45729e6bbbb18c0bfe39b1f8.pnga93e3322a3dd0afd2ac67c35e71c3e5c.png

Still, he's given us a player to be really excited about.

8453623338a1f2064772bea34423160a.jpg

He's going to be special, no doubt about that, a true star in the making. Proper fox in the box.

31bebdd97c749454595bfce64991de6b.png

Notice anything suspicious about the Championship Group?

Nordy are these says by far the 2nd best team in the country, in their Europa knock out, they drew Milan. Beat them 3-2 at home and all, but lost away 1-2 and exited the competition on away goals. Very impressive all the same.

EDIT: Who schedules these FCK-in' things?

ab4354345aed9477d21bb8fd624153a9.png

EDIT: EDIT:

066da25686a8c1c62eddd21f46828496.png

What's this Jarvis Lake chancer on? "Yeah, he might have won the last four CL's in a row with a bunch of teenagers from Denmark, and the Euros... with the same teenagers, but he'd never be able to handle away at Walsall."

Anders seems to be the future goalgetter! Very well developed in attacking attributes already. 

Also grest seeing Fck falling. 

59 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

EDIT: Who schedules these FCK-in' things?

ab4354345aed9477d21bb8fd624153a9.png

I see what you did there. :brock:

This was the squad going into the game.

72fdc184873e3830d8ae98bffce560a5.png

2nd team.

283875b3dab16f640207dba638e24494.png

Under 19's.

2ea9ef8af0ae34b9e7e24f92c5e45bfb.png

New boy was ineligible too, as he's 15.

So we had to start an injured (youth team) striker, and name a five man bench, including two goalkeepers.

946c64c83cfacea9efcbea5c5e8a409d.png

FCK are an absolute disasterzone, it's shocking, they do have good players.

Just now, ManUtd1 said:

Wow. With that natural fitness, though...

:ackter:

Aye, the fitness would be a bit of an issue, but not for 5-7 years down the line unless he breaks a leg or some such.

Season Review!

We won some football games and stuff.

cf3f77ca2c30bc1047a174f06c5f53f1.pngba94e7f532d13d685974c5c828e53c4d.png

Preliminary Phase - Championship Group - Cups - Europe

To be honest, a great deal of the importance given to this season was in getting as many of our players ready for the World Cup, very especially Mikkelsen so we could have reliable RWB.

5fa0a297dd217465f71244f99bec62b5.jpg

Mikkelsen came along better than I expected, and is quite the monster wingback, perfect for what we need, and absolutely first choice for his nation.

On to Canada, we're expected to make the quarter finals, but be outsiders beyond that.

c53fe0bbf2c89a58c5a157a457bb3353.png

World No. 1 in Brazil vs World No. 2 Denmark, and No. 2 took it! An unexciting final, all things told, but I think the Danish people were probably excited enough seeing the trophy lifted.

1527dca8b0840ae0d1edeab5a04c0ee8.pngf125b68f14251526965b09d5a9645591.png3428e10e5d2b0df7a5ff6a0d5bfeb852.png

aca9a6093eb7f308ecdaba9fc80042c0.png

We got incredibly lucky to get Switzerland in the Quarter Finals, a perfect chance to give the starters a game off to recharge a bit. Which may have played a part in the (baffling) destruction of Germany. They went on to lose the Third Place playoff to Argentina.

045660cc5208032b87a0dc95962c7abc.png5f6dfab54e1470d4479af4d6f22e0293.png

Eight starters from Brondby, and specifically Vilfort's intakes. It would have been nine, as Martin Eriksen is my first choice ahead of Kasper Dolberg, but he got a fractured wrist in the very first game(against France). After that he struggled to get and stay fit.

No idea what to do now, literally nothing left to achieve with Denmark or Brondby, but I guess this would be the perfect send off.

2 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Win the Club World Cup with a side from Papua New Guinea and the World Cup with Papua New Guinea or something along those lines, something that may actually be difficult for you. :D 

Amazing career on the whole!

:lol: Cheers!

Absolutely fantastic work, man. Truly impressive stuff! 

:applause:

For his next trick, John Drake will win the World Cup with a squad comprised entirely of players shorter than 5'4".

8 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Absolutely fantastic work, man. Truly impressive stuff! 

:applause:

For his next trick, John Drake will win the World Cup with a squad comprised entirely of players shorter than 5'4".

We're this close to perfecting the 0-5-5-0, strikerless, but also defenderless.

I thought it was innovative until I remembered that's just how Guardiola sets up.

34 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

We're this close to perfecting the 0-5-5-0, strikerless, but also defenderless.

I thought it was innovative until I remembered that's just how Guardiola sets up.

Very fluid/overload, naturally.

You can call it Voodoo Donut.

You destroyed Germany 8-0? And won the World Cup? I'm... I'm just gonna start a petition to make you King of the Kingdom of Denmark. Won't be hard to make people aprove of it despite your Scottish heritage. 

I would suggest you marry Nina Agdal as your Queen, I have posted her before, but I think it is okay to post a new one since you won the World Cup. 

Billedresultat for nina agdal gif

Otherwise Mathilde Gøhler is also a very worthy Queen. 

Billedresultat for mathilde gøhler

Josephine Skriver is absolutely gorgeous as well. 

Billedresultat for Josephine Skriver

Who am I kidding. I couldn't possibly choose a queen between these three let alone focus on anything progressive while thinking of them. A Google Image search will of course show some arguably even better pictures of these fine, young ladies.

Good god! How could a man chose?! I wonder could there be a reform to allow three queens.....

54 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

You destroyed Germany 8-0? And won the World Cup? I'm... I'm just gonna start a petition to make you King of the Kingdom of Denmark. Won't be hard to make people aprove of it despite your Scottish heritage.

*Irish man, Irish!!! :D Might get away with that, especially as I can trace back to the Vikings.

6 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Good god! How could a man chose?! I wonder could there be a reform to allow three queens.....

*Irish man, Irish!!! :D Might get away with that, especially as I can trace back to the Vikings.

I couldn't ever choose that's for sure. Maybe. I mean, anything is possible for the legendary Scottish manager, John Drake, who gave us the World Cup and made Brøndby best in the world.

Irish, ay? Scottish, Irish, welsh all sound the same to me. ;)

Okay, I took it too far with welsh - that **** sounds like nothing else. :idiot:

1 minute ago, Benjoe said:

I couldn't ever choose that's for sure. Maybe. I mean, anything is possible for the legendary Scottish manager, John Drake, who gave us the World Cup and made Brøndby best in the world.

Irish, ay? Scottish, Irish, welsh all sound the same to me. ;)

Okay, I took it too far with welsh - that **** sounds like nothing else. :idiot:

To be fair, we're not all that far apart, gaelic speaking drunks from wet and hilly countries. They're wetter and hillier though!

language-lesson.jpg

:D

6 hours ago, Benjoe said:

I would suggest you marry Nina Agdal as your Queen, I have posted her before, but I think it is okay to post a new one since you won the World Cup. 

Billedresultat for nina agdal gif

Who am I kidding. I couldn't possibly choose a queen between these three let alone focus on anything progressive while thinking of them. A Google Image search will of course show some arguably even better pictures of these fine, young ladies.

Last thing I heard about Nina she was Dating Leonardo Dicaprio.. 

And heard it from what might be her stepbrother? (Her mother's boyfriend is his father)

1 hour ago, KVJ92 said:

Last thing I heard about Nina she was Dating Leonardo Dicaprio.. 

And heard it from what might be her stepbrother? (Her mother's boyfriend is his father)

Gohler and Skriver will have to be enough for me. :D

58 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Congratulations mate fantastic job both for club and Denmark... :applause:

Cheers!

17 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

To be fair, we're not all that far apart, gaelic speaking drunks from wet and hilly countries. They're wetter and hillier though!

language-lesson.jpg

:D

Haha perfect counter with a Scandinavia vs. the World comic - I love them. :D

And this one is very accurate. :lol: 

Lenoardo is little competition for the migthy John Drake, (soon to be) King of Denmark, so that's no issue.

Archived