A Danish Brondby?! No, what I asked for was.....

BoxToBox

9 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

He's well on his way to become a legend. I can see the fans have a 'great affinity' towards Radebe, can we see how it looks in terms of who else have become legends, icons and favored personnel so far? :D

Here's the full club overview, so you can see what's what.

ac851fef83fa1e60134821c29273fec3.jpg

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers! 

Insane that Per Bjerregaard isn't listed as a legend, and that you've only progressed to be favored is bunkers too. :D

Your facilities are immense.

I'm surprised I don't see Fisse Mike on any list.

I'm slightly unsure what to do with this one fellow.

78a8e23f412de38d9dc83994aff740a1.jpg

I brought him into develop as a Libero, but he's started to look like he'd be a great wingback, but then, is that passing and vision wasted as a wingback?

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I brought him into develop as a Libero, but he's started to look like he'd be a great wingback, but then, is that passing and vision wasted as a wingback?

Oh, yeah! I was so certain he'd be an icon that I didn't realize he was nowhere to be found. 

Per Bjerregaard is one of the - if not the most - important figures in Brøndby's history and in Danish football as well! As the chairman for many years he was a big part of making Brøndby the first scandinavian club to become a professional team in 1986, and was a big part of getting big name managers like Morten Olsen and Michael Laudrup to the team. In the 00's of this millennium this took a turn for the worse, however. His leukemia was getting worse, Brøndby was struggling with both performance in the league and financially. This all became too much and the supporters let him hear for it, and it wasn't always pretty. In 2012 he retired but no matter how it ended he should be the biggest legend of them all. Without him, I seriously doubt Brøndby would have been what they are now. He has also defeated leukemia recently! :cool:

I think Stridh would be terrific at RB. I would think that his vision and passing just adds another dimension to his game making him more than just a wing back who runs a lot and crosses but rather one who can also pick out passes and be a part of building up play in narrow spaces.

4 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Oh, yeah! I was so certain he'd be an icon that I didn't realize he was nowhere to be found. 

Per Bjerregaard is one of the - if not the most - important figures in Brøndby's history and in Danish football as well! As the chairman for many years he was a big part of making Brøndby the first scandinavian club to become a professional team in 1986, and was a big part of getting big name managers like Morten Olsen and Michael Laudrup to the team. In the 00's of this millennium this took a turn for the worse, however. His leukemia was getting worse, Brøndby was struggling with both performance in the league and financially. This all became too much and the supporters let him hear for it, and it wasn't always pretty. In 2012 he retired but no matter how it ended he should be the biggest legend of them all. Without him, I seriously doubt Brøndby would have been what they are now. He has also defeated leukemia recently! :cool:

Geez, the moment I read leukemia I feared the worst, great that he's beaten it!

5 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

I think Stridh would be terrific at RB. I would think that his vision and passing just adds another dimension to his game making him more than just a wing back who runs a lot and crosses but rather one who can also pick out passes and be a part of building up play in narrow spaces.

You're probably right there, we'll have him train up and see what happens. At worst he'll be more useful with versatility.

3 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Geez, the moment I read leukemia I feared the worst, great that he's beaten it!

You're probably right there, we'll have him train up and see what happens. At worst he'll be more useful with versatility.

I guess I built up excitement when I let out the part of him recovering until the last sentence. :D All in all I just grazed what he's achieved in his active career. Fantastic man.

Indeed. He is too good to be sold off at least. Professional and nice moustache. Gotta keep that in the squad.

4 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Brøndby have a great history of players with a moustache, especially during the early 90's.

Kim Vilfort, Kim Christofte, John (Faxe) Jensen. The crowd says YAY!

Cracking work! I'd say that his passing and vision will just add more to his game as an attacking fullback. Provided you have enough options in midfield, which I think you do.

1 hour ago, Miraculix said:

Since he is a natural midfielder that's where i would play him :p Never been keen on retraining players to new positions.

I'm constantly doing it, you generally have to if you want inside forwards since high quality "wrong footed" widemen generate.

53 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

He's definitely a full/wingback, in my book!

Been training there a few months now, and is picking it up well.

32 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

Cracking work! I'd say that his passing and vision will just add more to his game as an attacking fullback. Provided you have enough options in midfield, which I think you do.

True, we're quite deep in midfield, and mostly very young.

Oh, winter window's closed, no sales, no buys.
In the CL we won the group only to land reigning champions Juventus. FCK drop to the Europa and face Roma, Nordjaelland took a battering and in the Europa.

25 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

237013a250fb7057825ffc9dd446504d.png

****er.

Gjelle the little twat! 

20 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Oh, winter window's closed, no sales, no buys.
In the CL we won the group only to land reigning champions Juventus. FCK drop to the Europa and face Roma, Nordjaelland took a battering and in the Europa.

Winning yet another group! 

Vilfort Day!

So, with the decision to forsake transfers going forward, this becomes less my favourite day of the season, and more the very most important day of the season!
We have young quality in depth in most positions on the pitch, what we need most is centreback depth, though we're still a few years away from it being an issue.

59e00ed05108046f8bdb5bb5b1948ee8.pngb1bb03c70fcca6212aad3640269fbad2.png

Well, well, well, finally Kim is excited enough about a talent to drop the "generational tag" on a youngster! The first of the save! How Kasper Eriksen never was that rated, I'll never know.
He's a striker though, which is the deepest spot on the pitch, but of course we're delighted regardless.

We're keeping the top 5, and the keeper to replenish the U-19's side, who have been picked apart last season(and thus were knocked out of the UEFA Youth League in the first ko round), but there are two we have expectations of.

e71ac8d25baec800c52c75f83c3ef9d7.jpg457f5cf421812aecbdc7d282e9cb533d.jpg

Eriksen can finish, head, is quick and well balanced. Also, despite being a righty, is handy with the left peg. Perfect for the point of an attack, bit he needs a lot of developing, He's 15, so that's expected.

Nielsen is 18, so is already off the pace, but nicely balanced, and could be quite useful if his professionalism is raised. Weirdly, I decided to cancel our affiliation with Landskrona and it went through the same time as the intake landed, so he's sent from them as you can see on his history/career stats, but wasn't listed as so in the announcement as they're not an affiliate now....

I forgot, despite doing well, I was getting quite bored of International Management, and was considering knocking the USA job on the head.

Then I got this message.

dcb7a2e801424738e4c9f94bed1ec8f8.png

Usually players that switch like this are bang average.

4314586d4f234b114af6de4d70a4a779.png

Acosta certainly isn't average! Phew, that's perked me right up! If I can get him and Pulisic on the pitch at the same time, it could be real dangerous.

They're an odd team to manage, flashes of quality, plenty of potential, but lots of tough games, especially since they have to battle Mexico pretty constantly.

There's a real good German I've been trying to pinch, it's not likely, but he's 22 and they still haven't given him a senior app, so maybe.

Could really do with a DM, though, to replace Michael Bradley.

I wish I could haul some into my team to develop them, seen some world class prospects, but it'd go against the save.

That has been my limited experience, as well. A frustrating nation to try to pull into the upper echelons of the game (as it should be). All that being said, I think it'd be good fun to have them eligible in my current save.

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Oh, if they became eligible in your save it'd be amazing!

I'd be tempted to have a Trump Twitter account, which would likely see me renditioned to a prison hidden in the Yemeni hinterlands within the week... Totally worth it.

8 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

I'd be tempted to have a Trump Twitter account, which would likely see me renditioned to a prison hidden in the Yemeni hinterlands within the week... Totally worth it.

#WhatWouldTrumpDo trending on twitter moments before the FBI knocks on your door. I hear it's nice in Yemen this time of year though

So, some excellent news.

5bc17708873f8ccd6083df56a5aa8647.pngade5663fab86a20531a296db79ea79b6.png

One, Eriksen is officially world class. Two, though it was nightmarishly difficult, eventually him and his agent relented and he signed a new contract, with no release clause, but also a 3 year extension! Plenty of the squad should hit his level in the next 8 years, so long before that's up, he should accept another contract.

f926356aef06c3aaa295a00d57fd541e.jpg

Look at him! Look!

Future team captain, as soon as Pontus Jansson leaves, which I'd expect will be via retirement, and at 30, that's a while off too.

Season Review!

Smashed the league, won the cup, and out in the first knockout in Europe. Much of a muchness by the results, but there is progress. More goals scored in the league, hanging with big clubs in Europe, just Juventus, last season's winner and this season's losing finalist was just a bridge too far yet. We'll get there, especially with Eriksen hitting a world class level, Radebe looking like a *better* Lukaku, and Per Olsen well on the way to being a monster keeper.

Going to have to sell some forwards, I think, just too many. As they say, "You can't have everything, where would you put it?"

d266586fecc11a67e3c3c2cfcdbba399.png9e9b8c351cebf9ed795c8dc6bebe7ae1.png

Preliminary Phase - Champions Group - Cup - Europe

f22d5d2d97f1553f449ff9fedf695919.png

We got extraordinarily lucky with this. While Spain had to battle France in their semi-final, we drew Morocco, and our backups handled them, not to mention our last group game against Togo.
Meaning by time the final rolled around, Spain were to a man on 70% energy, my best 11 were fully rested and ready, having had a full week between starts.

14 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Is Jordan Morris still playing in the MLS in your save? I know in real life he turned out a bundesliga offer

Yup, never left Seattle. Pretty good player too!

2 hours ago, jambos1990 said:

Kasper signing a new deal!!! Could be well on his way to a statue if he sees out his whole career in brondby!! What a player!

At this rate, he'll be a legend before he exits his teens.

1 hour ago, Benjoe said:

Massive with the 2 direct CHL group attendants! 

What did Fisse Mike say to become coach? 

Billedresultat for usa gif

9d8e5e8ce016535ca81fd1167593ad0e.pnge76607e21a20d9f64b27b977b5ae96bf.png

Not sure what the board want here?! :(

Season preview.

We're going into this one a bit weaker, not in starting 11, which is the strongest it's ever been, but in depth as we sold a few players and replaced them with youth. We've been given a fair, but far from impossible challenge in Europe, and I'd like to see some progress this season. Other than that, much of a muchness. Keep developing our young players, keep getting richer.

513bffedadfb29b7170f29c649c8eec3.pngd9907aebefbee34aed467bcec76047f9.pngc3eb52a940a3ab38d2bd8c3f7456b12e.png

Some good teams in our group(we were the first seed despite being 2nd on the list to Inter), but it's no "why has RNGeebus forsaken me" group. FCK are FCK'd if you ask me, but to be fair done incredibly well to make the groups after drawing RB Leipzig in the playoffs. In the Europa, Nordsjaelland.... well, they're not going to have fun.

Transfers.

f9e4e937fb4afd1b1d20930c0468d856.png

I did say I wouldn't be able to keep all my strikers(we just have so many), so it was between Bjorkheim and Radebe, and it was never going to be Radebe(who I turned down offers of 40m+ for without negotiating)
Oldrup Jensen was a key player for us, for a long time, but at close to 30, short contract, Berge, and a youngster ready for a chance, it was the right deal to make.
Petursson was let go to give youngster Jeppe Olsen a chance, and I preferred Daniel Danielsen to start, who's as good in defence, but technically better and can whip in a better cross.
Johansson was let go due to age, and give Stridh and his marvellous moustache a chance.
Not shown here, but 4th choice CB Rasmus Thelander was also let go as his contract expired.

Promotions.

So, players go, and players step up...

0a0557e34f54d0e7d6f848531c8430a6.jpg

After a few seasons on loan, Eriksen comes in to be Radebe's backup.

6b20ff4a87ca30325f14707fcfd1ec76.jpg

Goran "The" Borg is promoted into the CB rotation, expected to be  a long term replacement for Pontus Jansson as Kasper Eriksen's partner, but rumours abound that he's about to put in a transfer request. Probably because he's sick of John Drake roaring "resistance is futile" at opposing managers, ever game Goran starts, or when he's subbed on....

5c6f37d6faa917b7a72ddce534aa55e0.jpg

Not the most offensive or defensive, but decent enough at each, and has a real burst of acceleration. Not sure how much potential he really has as development has kind of stalled, he'll still be a class backup.

3b789bb9dd05d04920cc100d6b841427.jpg

Backup Libero for now, but like Stridh, his crossing(surprisingly) and overall physical development hint that he could be a cracker of a wingback....

ad368565e37b682a4d276fdd13f97fce.jpg

Speaking of.... Taken to it like a duck to water, and now enjoys a spot in the first team, as rotation for Seppa.

e550c1811454831760e028dc476f9a68.jpg

Wang isn't promoted just yet, but has been covering for Fisse Mike's injury and will be taking over from him full time soon...... too soon. :(

Other stuff...

d458cfbf2b4bad099818fcf706775bf9.jpg

Per Olsen grows at real pace. If he keeps this rate up he could be the best keeper in the world, and soon at that!

6a6c115f80b6ea94199c35d7e97af863.png2ac348a262563f142f60e637fb759ac7.png

Which is it lads? Man I think this board are just being *****s for a laugh.

3 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

Have they begun wondering what in all the name that is holy are they paying for, considering your success on half the money :lol:

I'm surprised that Solbakken doesn't seem to have been questioned once about turning the dominant force in the nation to a side happy to pick up 2nd place and a CL spot.

Just now, BoxToBox said:

I'm surprised that Solbakken doesn't seem to have been questioned once about turning the dominant force in the nation to a side happy to pick up 2nd place and a CL spot.

Maybe he's afraid of incurring the wrath of your Eriksens, lest they decide to rain hellfire on his team and his job :lol:

Archived