Disabled Fans.

rothordegilian

This is a section for people to suggest future ideas is it not? As a wheelchair user myself and a long time FM/CM fan I would love to see these small things introduced at some point. To hear comments like: "I'd prefer the time to spent on improving crosses" is completely unacceptable! What might be a small thing to one person, is a big thing to another.

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

This is a legitimate request from a user so please don't try and derail it with comments about whether you personally feel it's valid. Thanks. 

Sorry what I said wasn't controversial. the topic should be marked as [suggestion] if that is the case. Clearly if someone requests something that other people don't want there should be some chance to feed that back, so SI can gauge popularity of a request and thereby priority of a request? Otherwise in FM 18 there will be a feature request to remove it etc. If you pay attention to your reviews you'll see that lots of fans are fed up with minor cosmetic changes that do not impact the game and want more tangible differences where you as a manager interact.

27 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

This is a legitimate request from a user so please don't try and derail it with comments about whether you personally feel it's valid. Thanks. 

21 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Sorry what I said wasn't controversial. the topic should be marked as [suggestion] if that is the case. Clearly if someone requests something that other people don't want there should be some chance to feed that back, so SI can gauge popularity of a request and thereby priority of a request? Otherwise in FM 18 there will be a feature request to remove it etc. If you pay attention to your reviews you'll see that lots of fans are fed up with minor cosmetic changes that do not impact the game and want more tangible differences where you as a manager interact.

Neil I will leave this to you and SI to respond to..

I will say this though, as a disabled person and wheelchair user, I feel these comments are hurtful and ignorant. The fact that users feel they have the right to say they don't want something that doesn't directly affect them imo is wrong.

Again to a lot of people (who I might add FM is the closest they will ever get to playing football, let a lone managing) This would not be a minor change. I'm pretty sure M.E. wouldn't be affected by a feature like this.

46 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

My guess is that anybody requesting the removal of wheelchair-using fans from the game would be viewed with even more incredulity than those suggesting their initial inclusion is somehow a bad idea.

We are living in strange times.

2 hours ago, mikelfc8 said:

Nothing wrong with the game reflecting its diverse base, absolutely should be there in my opinion.

This says it all.

Anyone making crass insensitive comments will be dealt with accordingly.  That's not open for discussion.

If it's about diversity, then let's start here and ensure the game reflects it's user base.

If it's about realism, then let's start here and ensure the game reflects a real match day.

If those two things coincide then all the better.

It's really not difficult.

10 hours ago, rothordegilian said:

My stepson uses a wheelchair and he loves FM. I edit him into the game (as a defender) and he's excited to see himself kick people in the air and head balls away like a colossus. He'd also quite like to see people like himself in the crowd.

Just saying.

Exactly. I know if SI can do it, they will.

21 hours ago, rothordegilian said:

My stepson uses a wheelchair and he loves FM. I edit him into the game (as a defender) and he's excited to see himself kick people in the air and head balls away like a colossus. He'd also quite like to see people like himself in the crowd.

Just saying.

You have just won my annual award for Top Dad of the Year.:applause:Your prize is a whole stackload of good vibes that I am sending you as we speak.:):thup:

• SI Staff
On 11/11/2016 at 02:09, rothordegilian said:

Just saying.

I've had a bad day and I really appreciate this post as a human, not just as an SI-er. Will make sure there is something logged for it as soon as FMM is out if Brocky hasn't already.

12 hours ago, Alari Naylor said:

I've had a bad day and I really appreciate this post as a human, not just as an SI-er. Will make sure there is something logged for it as soon as FMM is out if Brocky hasn't already.

Very classy move Alari. Sorry about your bad day, I hope it helps in some small way to know you have made a lot of other people's days a little bit better with this post.

17 hours ago, mikelfc8 said:

You have just won my annual award for Top Dad of the Year.:applause:Your prize is a whole stackload of good vibes that I am sending you as we speak.:):thup:

Thanks mate. I can assure you that all 3 of them don't consider me to be Top Dad of the Year, especially when it comes to bedroom cleaning duty, but I appreciate the thoughts.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 02:24, Alari Naylor said:

Thank you..

On 09/11/2016 at 18:14, mikelfc8 said:

If it's about diversity, then let's start here and ensure the game reflects it's user base.

If it's about realism, then let's start here and ensure the game reflects a real match day.

If those two things coincide then all the better.

It's really not difficult.

Well said, and great to hear that Alari will get something logged.

If there ever was a  future request to see it removed, I'd be fairly confident that request would be denied

• 1 month later...

Archived