[FM17] Kafra FC 2.0 - Le Kafra-eak, C'est Chique! (All Youth in England)

abulezz

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SEASON REVIEW 2017/18

Our first season in the Vanarama National saw us finish in 12th Place, which is quite an accomplishment and definitely a step in the right direction as we look to keep moving up the table and up through the leagues.  The disappointing thing, however, is how bad we were defensively – in fact, we were the worst defensive team in the entire league, which is saying something.  There were lots of matches which we could have ended up winning and lots of points which we gave up because of our complete defensive lapse and unreliability, despite having some of the most talented young players in the league in Dovell, Ash, and Shephard.  We made up for it with Tozer and our offense, finishing as the 8th best offensive team in the league, and thus were able to earn ourselves a mid-table finish, but there was no excuse for just how bad we were on the other end of the pitch.  I don’t know if it was simply the immaturity of the players that was behind the inconsistency or something else, but the end result was nothing to be proud of.

This was our only the second season of this save, but it was also the last featuring most of my Create Player young stars.  Tozer, Gritt, Phillips, Ash, and Dovell all refused to renew their contracts, while Beeden still has one more year left on his.  The only one who decided to stick around (of which I am eternally grateful for) is DC Dominic Shephard.  This will severely weaken our team going forward, but at least I got to enjoy two seasons with them, and it will be interesting seeing where their career takes them now. 

Financially, we were fine throughout the season, and the board surprisingly accepted my proposal to lift our Youth Category one more level, investing £650K (!!) in money we don’t have to support the expansion of our facilities.  Our Average Attendance went from 921 to 1,244, and our wage budget remains under very strict control. 

7CNVZY.jpg

i5wiXe.jpg

xnipOQ.jpg

xu0KmX.jpg

22J2ky.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Paul Dredge (2017), 16 Years Old:  The only player from the relatively weak ’17 Youth Class to crack the starting lineup, Dredge needs to hold some of the blame for our complete defensive failure this season despite his young age.  He started in all 46 Games, registering 1.83 Con/90, 6 Clean Sheets, and 6.78 AR.  Overall, my coaching staff believe he will ultimately be a good enough GK for this level of football, giving him a 4/5 PA rating, and they currently think he is of a Vanarama North/South level.  I see decent potential in him, and he seems to have the right skill-set – my only hope is that next season will be a step forward from his first. 

LEFT DEFENDERS

Leon Dovell (2016), 17 Years Old:  In his second and final season with us, the left back regressed significantly, contributing to the failure of our defensive unit.  He played in all 46 Games, registering 3 Assists, 2.39 TpG, and 6.68 AR, displaying frustratingly inconsistent form despite his significant talent for this level of football.  He was one of the core that refused to extend his contract with the club, and as such will enter the summer as a Free Transfer.  I appreciate his help in getting us promoted last season, but he did not do much for us this year.  Still, I probably will not get a left-back with his kind of talent for years to come, so he will be a heavy loss.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Thomas Ash (2016), 17 Years Old:  Our finest defender both in form and in talent, this was also his final season with us as he chose not to renew his contract.  In 40 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 5 PoMs, 1.63 TpG, 2.00 DpG, a league-leading 744 Interceptions, and 6.94 AR – while his TpG could have been better, his ability with the ball at his feet was a nice bonus for us as he was able to play the ball out of the back with relative ease.  The shining star of the worst defensive unit in the league is nothing to show off about, but if anyone can be absolved of any blame for our defensive shortcomings, it would be Ash.  He had a fine two season stretch with us, so it is unfortunate we were not able to keep him with us.

Dominic Shephard (2016), 17 Years Old:  Along with AM Nsingi, Shephard has become my favorite player and probably our most important one going into next season after showing the loyalty I was looking for from all of my core – unfortunately for me, he was he only one to show it.  He regressed a little this season (46 Games, 1.89 TpG, 1.45 DpG, 6.79 AR), so I will be looking for better next season when he becomes probably our most important defensive player – he was also second only to Ash in the league with 739 Interceptions.  He will lead the back four, and although his form took a step backwards this season, he has the potential to do a lot better.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Josh Brent (2016), 19 Years Old: Two seasons in, and he has done nothing to prove he belongs in the starting lineup.  I already have started looking for alternatives, and I plan to give a lot of my younger players a chance at the position next season as Brent was just not up to standard.  In 31 Games, he registered 1.81 TpG, 1.35 DpG, and 6.64 AR, which are not the kind of numbers I am looking for.  I have spoken a lot about the calamity that was our defensive line, and Brent was a big part of it, as we were seemingly always exposed down our right flank. 

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Jake Beeden (2016), 17 Years Old:  He is the only part of the core that will be around next season – along with Dominic Shephard and Louis Nsingi – but it is not because he wants to.  Because he did not turn 17 until 2018, his contract extended until June 2019, so we will have the supremely talented Beeden around for one more year.  In 43 Games, he registered 3 Goals, league-high 14 Assists, 1.33 TpG, 1.55 DpG, and 6.99 AR – his Assists total showcased a new facet of his game that became a core feature of our attack plan, which was his passing.  He will easily be our most talented player next year, and considering he is our club captain, I greatly appreciate the fact that he will be around for one more season. 

Rob Phillips (2016), 17 Years Old:  The vice-captain of the club, this was his final season with us before he moves on to greater things (supposedly).  He was our second best player after Scott Tozer, playing in 37 Games and registering 8 Goals, 2 Assists, 3 PoMs, league-high 4.00 TpG, 83% Pass Ratio, 2.35 DpG, and 7.13 AR.  He had great all-around numbers for this level of football, and was equally effective defending as he was going forward with the ball.  His attribute development was also of note, as he improved a lot during the course of the season.  While I would still consider Beeden the more talented of the two, Phillips did have the better season – together, they combined to be one of the more feared CM duo in the entire league.

Steve Clarke (2016), 18 Years Old:  Reliable and consistent, Clarke has done a decent job of being the backup CM these past couple of years.  He has stepped in to the lineup and held his own when called upon, and that’s all I could ask for at this point.  In 26 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 3 Assists, 82% Pass Ratio, 1.69 DpG, and 6.82 AR, which are fine numbers for someone who made more appearances as a substitute than a starter.  He will remain our first choice off the bench for the midfield (he plays both CM and AM) as I replace Rob Phillips with newcomer Mick Davies in the starting lineup.

LEFT WINGERS

Brett Gritt (2016), 17 Years Old:  Much to my dismay, Gritt refused to re-sign with us and his second season with the club will be his last.  He was fantastic again this season, playing in 42 Games and registering 4 Goals, 12 Assists (4th in League), 2.20 DpG, and 6.85 AR.  His 14.4 Km/90 was the highest in the league, which truly embodied his personality and playing style.  Like I said previously, he could not have chosen a more suitable surname even if he had tried to.  He was a player I really thought I could hang onto, and build my team around going forward, but he was swayed by greener pastures.  He will be missed, definitely.

RIGHT WINGERS

Mark Legg (2016), 18 Years Old:  Despite doing a decent job for us these past two years, this was likely Legg’s final season as a starter as I will look to push one of the ’18 Youth Class prospects into the right winger position next year.  Whether replacing him in the starting lineup will work or not remains to be seen, but at least I have the comfort of knowing Legg’s relatively consistent form will be waiting on the bench anytime I need him.  

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Louis Nsingi (2016), 19 Years Old:  Along with Shephard, Nsingi will be one of the building blocks of this team as we face our first season without our core.  He has shown so much improvement in his attributes, which has impressed me a lot.  He is also the oldest member of this team, and I would make it captain if his Leadership was not so lousy.  He played in all 46 Games, registering 5 Goals, 4 Assists, 2 PoMs, 86% Pass Ratio, and 6.86 AR, but I expect those numbers to rise across the board next season as he becomes a more focal part of our offense.

FORWARDS

Scott Tozier (2016), 17 Years Old:  He won the Vanarama South Top Goalscorer award last season, and he accomplished the same feat this season in the Vanarama National.  He won his second straight Kafra Player of the Year, and there can be no doubt who our most important player has been in our first two years.  Despite playing in only 34 Games, he scored a league-leading 27 Goals and registered 4 Assists, 9 PoMs (Best in League), 2.56 DpG, and also a league-leading 7.36 AR.  Sadly, this was Tozer’s final season with us as he refused to sign a new contract, and out of all the players that will be leaving us, he is the one I will miss the most.  Although I would not consider him a legend based on him playing just two seasons with us, I will say that so far, he is the closest thing we have to it in this save.

HOT PROSPECTS

None yet.

YOUTH INTAKE

1zzCwf.jpg

vhjKVI.jpg

We got help in two positions we are going to need it in – CM and FW – thanks to the departures of Phillips and Tozer.  That will place both Davies and Ristic as immediate starters next year because they are already more talented than any other player at their position on the team.  Hopefully, they will be able to show some good improvements in their attributes and still want to stick around.  I am optimistic about the potential of both Davis and Ristic.

World Cup 2018 - Russia

France won its second ever World Cup at Russia 2018, defeating the defending champions Germany 3-1 in the Finals.  French striker Oliver Giroud was the unlikely hero of the campaign, netting a hat-trick in the Finals (he had 5 Goals overall) that led him to win the tournament's Best Player award, while French GK Hugo Lloris captured the tournament's Golden Glove (Best GK) award.  Bas Dost was the tournament's leading Goalscorer with 6 Goals, helping lead his Dutch squad to the Semi-Finals - they would lose out in the 3rd Place match against surprising Croatia.  This was the first World Cup in which two African countries (Ghana and Ivory Coast) made the Quarter-Finals of the tournament, with the latter defeating favorites Italy 4-1 in their Second Round matchup.  Other surprises included Brazil being knocked out in the Group Stages, Germany losing their first game against the D.R.Congo, and Austria defeating Spain in the Second Round before falling to eventual champions France in the next round.  Portugal, who were one of the most impressive teams of the tournament, featured Renato Sanchez, who was crowned the tournament's Best Young Player.

vfdCdQ.jpg

KhDWlU.jpg

yUbERz.jpg

SLrxRb.jpg

uH1I7c.jpg

QDSCsp.jpg

2018/19 PRESEASON REPORT

With our best players all having left the club, this is going to be a tough season.  We simply don’t have the talent to compete, so if we can avoid relegation, then this will be considered a successful season by my standards.  We will rely on Nsingi, Beeden, Dovell (I was mistaken, he has one more year left on his contract), and Shephard to carry the team and hopefully it will be enough to see us through in the Vanarama National for one more year.  Both Intakes thus far have given us serviceable players for a league or two lower than the Vanarama National, so I have not had any real prospects come through yet.  With some much investment in all aspects of our Youth Coaching and Facilities over the past couple of years, however, I am hoping we will see the results in this year’s Intake.

N0Cijs.jpg

A4BGnJ.jpg

y6uRJh.jpg

5GXWEf.jpg

21 hours ago, noikeee said:

Better season in the Vanarama National than I expected, well done. 

I had some good, albeit young talent.  The real challenge will be going forward, as Tozer, Phillips, Ash, and Gritt have all left the club! They were 4 of my 5 best players, and now I am left with a couple of talented youngsters surrounded by, for lack of a better word, scrubs!

SEASON REVIEW 2018/19

Rough season.  The talent level dropped off hard after all our major players left last summer, and more are to follow this season with the departures of Dovell and our captain Beeden.  We struggled in a relegation battle for most of the season, but thankfully we had a great Intake that filled up some starting spots. That gave us a push during the last stage of the season, and we got enough points to keep us out of the relegation zone, although it was a fight nearly to the end.  Our defense, while still bad, improved a little bit, but our offense was absolutely terrible – our starting striker, Ristic, scored only a single goal in 20+ Appearances, which should tell you all you need to know about our offensive struggles this season.  A couple of our defenders stepped up, however, especially Barry Osborn, who was our most surprising and most consistent player this season.  In the midfield, it was Mick Davis who stepped his game up, and along with Nsingi, those three were the cornerstone of our survival this season.

Financially, we were fine again, thanks to crazy wage control.  The new board don’t seem to be as big a fans as the old one, but I’m sure I will win them over with time.  Both boards accepted my proposals for Youth improvements, and it really showed in this Intake. This was our captain Jake Beeden’s final season with the club, and along with Leon Dovell, the exit means the top paying contracts on the team also leave.  Overall, I would not want a repeat of this season – it was tough and the reality of relegation was too close for comfort. 

XWq1oq.jpg

EhrZ9N.jpg

0RlKif.jpg

RriP6K.jpg

Kr0uDZ.jpg

dNb1rk.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Paul Dredge (2017), 17 Years Old:  Slight improvement in our defense overall meant a slight improvement for Dredge in his form during his second year as a starter for us.  In 44 Games, he registered 1.70 Con/90 and 6.77 AR – the latter was almost the same but the former was a lot better.  We went from being ranked 24th to being ranked 19th in the league in defense – that is still pretty bad, but at least we were not the worst.  Dredge himself showed some good improvement in his attributes, and although I hope he does not become our long-term starter, he seems capable of doing the job if the defensive line in front of him can play better.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Leon Dovell (2016), 18 Years Old:  So he ended up playing three seasons for us, but out of all the primary players that I have lost over the past two seasons, Dovell will be the one I miss the least.  This is not a knock on his talent, as he is clearly too good for this level attributes-wise, but his form has been close to dreadful.  In 46 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 2.49 TpG, and 6.67 AR, bringing his career-average with Kafra the past three seasons to 6.74 AR.  The hope is that we can find a replacement who can, at the very least, give us the type of form Dovell did, which should not be much to ask.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Barry Osborn (2017), 18 Years Old:  Not only was the ’17 Youth Class product our most surprising player of the year, he ended up being our finest, and became the first player not named Scott Tozer to win the Kafra Player of the Year award.  In 45 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 5 PoMs, 1.68 TpG, 1.50 DpG, league-leading 895 Interceptions and 145 Key Headers, and a team-high of 7.01 AR.  After the departure of Ash, he really stepped up for us and actually helped improve our defense alongside the underachieving Shephard, while the opposite ended up being true.  He has definitely earned the right to a starting spot, and with the impending departure of Beeden, he is a front-runner candidate to become our next captain. 

Dominic Shephard (2016), 18 Years Old:  Out of all the Created Players, only Shephard agreed to re-sign with me, and I was expecting him to lead our defensive line this season.  Instead, Osborn emerged as the leader while Shephard faltered and delivered some frustratingly inconsistent form.  I am not quite sure why – the attributes certainly reflect enough talent for this level of football, and my coaching staff have him rated 4/5 CA with a 5/5 PA.  In 45 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 1.82 TpG, 599 Interceptions (10th in League), and 6.68 AR, the lowest of his career.  I will definitely be expecting more from him next season – he certainly has the right attitude, but he needs to start delivering on the pitch for us.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Stuart Hitchman (2016), 19 Years Old:  This has been a real problem position thus far – since the inception of the club, I have yet to field a decent right-back.  In 23 Games, Hitchman registered 2.37 TpG and an abysmal 6.45 AR – keep in my mind he was our best at the position this year.  I will have to experiment next season because this kind of form is absolutely unacceptable, regardless of whether my coaching staff think he is a decent player for this level of football or not.  Not much else to say here. 

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Jake Beeden (2016), 18 Years Old:  He might be a fake, computer generated player, but I swear I could feel how desperately our captain wanted this season to be over so that he could get the hell out of Kafra, and quite frankly, I don’t blame him.  This was his third and final year with us, and I must say, he has developed quite nicely – some team is going to be very lucky to have him next season.  In 43 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 7 Assists, 2 PoMs, 82% Pass Ratio, 1.54 DpG, and 6.95 AR as again he was one of our best and most consistent players.  Unfortunately, he was surrounded by players that were a lot less talented than he was – my coaching staff have him at a full yellow 5/5 CA and PA, and consider him to have the potential to be a leading League 2 level player.  To his credit, he never complained and saw out his contract, but his ambition is to play and win in the League 1 – he will be sorely missed.  Goodbye to our first team captain!

Mick Davis (2018), 17 Years Old:  The CM/AM was a very pleasant surprise this year, as he proved to be the gem of the ’18 Youth Class.  He was thrown into the starting lineup, and instead of being overwhelmed, he flourished, both in form and in training.  His attributes improved quite nicely, and in 42 Games, he registered 7 Goals, 8 Assists, 4 PoMs, 82% Pass Ratio, and 6.93 AR.  Overall, Davis was easily one of our best players this season and certainly made the blow of losing Phillips in the midfield a lot easier to take.  Going forward, Davis looks like he will be one of the building blocks of the team – with Beeden departing this summer, Davis will inevitably lead the midfield and has the look of a potential future captain as well.  Great first season from Davis. 

LEFT WINGERS

Stuart McDonald (2017), 18 Years Old:  Called up from the Kafra U18s this summer in order to replace Gritt, McDonald had never played a game with the first team prior to this season.  Like Davis, however, the New Zealander flourished, and actually delivered us quite a decent season in terms of form.  In 41 Games, he registered 5 Goals, 10 Assists, 4 PoMs, 1.65 DpG, and 6.82 AR – even though my coaching staff are not so high on his talent (2.5/5 CA) or potential (3/5 PA), he was our best option this season and looks set to remain so next season, too.  If he keeps up this kind of form, however, there is nothing wrong with slotting him in as a starter at the left wing in the short term. 

RIGHT WINGERS

John Aitken (2018), 18 Years Old:  I actually started Aitken not because we had a core player leave, but because I was not satisfied with the level of football former starter Mark Legg had been given us the last two seasons.  Needless to say, Aitken gave us almost the exact same level of form – 42 Games, 5 Goals, 5 Assists, 1.88 DpG, and 6.70 AR.  The Scottish winger is rated 4/5 PA by my coaching staff, so they seem to think he has reasonable potential – hopefully he will show some good improvement in his attributes and justify his probable starting lineup spot next season.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Louis Nsingi (2016), 20 Years Old:  One of the most important pieces in the squad, Nsingi continued to develop as a footballer while giving us consistent, reliable, and sometimes spectacular form.  For the second straight year, his 608.60 Kms (Total Distance Covered) led the league, while his 13.86 Kms/90 was 5th in the league.  In 45 Games, he registered 4 Goals, 4 Assists, 4 PoMs, 85% Pass Ratio, 1.86 DpG, and 6.91 AR – he was attacked to take up a much larger burden of responsibility this season, and responded admirably and professionally. 

FORWARDS

Dejan Ristic (2018), 17 Years Old:  Probably the worst starting striker in the league this season (21 Games, 1 Goal), the emergence of Challis from the Youth Academy was our biggest blessing this year.  We went from Tozer – possibly the best player in the league last season – to the worst starting striker in the league, so the change was immense, and our offense really suffered because of it.  We were ranked 20th in the league in offense – simply put, Ristic does not belong at this level.  Unfortunately, for most of the season, there was no alternative.   

HOT PROSPECTS

None yet.

YOUTH INTAKE

vXxxh5.jpg

cMEKqH.jpg

How bad was the current state of my team for me to get an Intake with so many players that could contribute immediately? I think it was the combination of that and heavy investment in all aspects of Youth Development over the past couple of years which led to this kind of Intake, which his obviously our finest yet in the his save.  We have two automatic starters in Hamici and Challis, and we have 2 or 3 players (Zefi and Ofori) who can immediately step up and be part of the rotation.  I am most excited about Challis – we were missing a decent striker all season long, and it seems my prayers were answered, because he looks really good.

1V6N5Q.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 00:41, numbas2 said:

Mid table next season with Challis doing what Ristic couldn't and actually putting the ball in the back of the net!

That might be a bit optimistic I think! We are losing some key players - anything above the relegation zone will be a success!

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 02:19, noikeee said:

Tough season, but looks like the first of many actually useful youth intakes!

Yes, I am really excited about this Intake - we have some real contributors.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 02:49, Willigenburg said:

Those hairstyles! :lol: Looks like Zefi and Hamici went to the barber and asked for the opposite of each other.

Challis should help you improve in the league next season though!

LOL! Bald before the age of 17 - poor guy!

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 04:10, Torminator said:

Thanks for the update mate! Enjoyed it as always.

Thank you for always reading and commenting!

SEASON REVIEW 2019/20

This season was not quite as rough as last season, but it was by no means a walk in the park, either.  The main problem, again, was our defense – in fact, we went back to being the worst defensive team in the league, which is quite embarrassing.  I am hoping that will change in the next two seasons as the Kafra Youth Academy has given us some defensive talent to work with, especially at the full-back positions, but we desperately have to make improvements in that aspect of the pitch.   Offensively, with the line being lead by youngster Richard Challis, we saw good improvement, and other than the wings, I have no complaints about any of my offensive talents.  We battled throughout the season with other relegation candidates, but a nice run in March pushed us just far enough from the relegation zone that even a bad April could not bring us back down.  We also had a magical FA Cup run, eventually bowing out in the 4th Round to Bristol Rovers, but it was great while it lasted.

The Youth investments over the past few years has reaped great benefits, as our last two Intakes have been spectacular.  Additionally, the board approved another investment in Junior Coaching, which will raise it to Excellent – this happened at the end of the year, so next year’s Intake should reflect that, as well.  We are developing players that immediately think this level of football is too low for them, so hopefully in couple of seasons, we will have enough of them to really help this team start climbing the table.

Financially, we remain very solid and making money throughout the season.  The wage contracts are still very low – we pay less than £3K per week in total wages while our budget is more than double that.  We have not had any high profile player decide they want to stay and pay the kind of wages they expect yet, which is the primary reason why the wage total is still low.  Still, it has its benefits, and it has allowed me to spend money on Youth development and facilities’ improvement, which has paid off big time.

ycygi5.jpg

kf5h81.jpg

H6jNJh.jpg

eWB1sP.jpg

fJM3u7.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Paul Dredge (2017), 18 Years Old:  This was most likely Dredge’s final season as a starter for the club as a new prospect was promoted from the Kafra Academy this year who looks a lot more talented.  He has been our No.1 for the past three years, and while he has not been great, he has been consistent – if unspectacular.  This season was pretty much a copy of the previous two – 35 Games, 1.83 Con/90, and 6.77 AR, which has been the same AR the past three seasons.  We took a step back defensively as a team this season – after being ranked 19th last season, we were back to being the worst defensive team in the league, and I lay some of the blame with Dredge.  We conceded way too many silly goals, and the bottom line is to show improvement, we need to get better between the posts.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Terry Hamici (2019), 17 Years Old:  Thrown into the mix immediately after being called up from the Kafra Youth Academy, Hamici might be our best prospect potential-wise.  Part of a great ’19 Youth Class, he was our starter all season long.  In 40 Games, he registered 2.18 TpG, 1.43 DpG, and 6.61 AR – obviously, he was not as consistent as I wanted him to be and was prone to having bouts of bad form, but his talent for this level is undeniable.  He is already making noise about the club not being big enough for his ambitions, and that is probably true, but I do get to keep him for a couple more years. 

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Barry Osborn (2017), 19 Years Old:  Sensationally, he was the Kafra Player of the Year for the second straight season, which speaks volumes about his importance to the team.  The new team captain, he had a very similar season to last year – 45 Games, 3 Goals, 4 PoMs, 1.69 TpG, 1.50 DpG, 858 Interceptions (Best in League for 2nd straight season), 119 Key Headers (2nd in League), and 6.95 AR.  In terms of form, he was probably the only bright spot in an otherwise dismal season from our back-four, and the only player that doesn’t need to improve on his form going forward as it is fine the way it is.  A true leader of the team, while other players might boast bigger potential or more talent, he is easily one of the best players on the team in terms of actual form.

Dominic Shephard (2016), 19 Years Old:  He is supposed to be our most talented defender, but since I started this save four seasons ago, he has yet to play like it.  As such, towards the end of the season, I started Ofori instead of him to see how he would do – as for Shephard, he played in 32 Games, registering 2.45 TpG and 6.70 AR.  I honestly don’t know what the plan is at CD going forward and who I am  going to start next to Osborn, but I have been highly disappointed with Shephard and what he has offered thus far in his career.

Andrea Zefi (2018), 18 Years Old:  Our first ever international at any level, Zefi consistently played for the Kosovo U21 side this year.  My coaching staff are high on them, and think he has the potential to be just as good as Dominic Shephard – I will ensure he has enough playing to develop but I have my doubts.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Kwadwo Ofori (2019), 17 Years Old:  The truth is, although he is competent at the position, Ofori is not starting right back material, even though the effort was there.  He is, however, looking like he could be our new starting CD going into next season, because there is obvious talent here.  As for this season, he played in 35 Games, registering 1.50 TpG, 1.16 DpG, and 6.65 AR at the right back position, but with the emergence of Isaacs, I will not need to start Ofori here next season.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Mick Davis (2018), 18 Years Old:  The newly appointed vice-captain, Davis reminds me a lot of Graeme Jones, the CM/AM hybrid that I had in my previous FM16 Kafra save.  In 42 Games, he registered 9 Goals, 10 Assists, 2 PoMs, 81% Pass Ratio, and 6.98 AR, delivering us his finest season thus far.  He also spent quite a decent amount of time playing as a Shadow Striker behind Challis, and he seemed to thrive in that role, so that is something to consider for next season.  In any case, Davis has clearly defined himself as one of the most important players on the squad, as well as one of the best performing. 

Dean Maguire (2017), 19 Years Old:  A surprising season from Maguire as I did not expect him to play as well as he did.  Starting at CM more out of necessity than the merit of his own talents, Maguire proved to be solid and consistent throughout the season.  He played in all 46 Games, registering 6 Goals, 9 Assists, 3 PoMs, 1.24 TpG, 81% Pass Ratio, and 6.98 AR, which was amongst the highest on the team.  I don’t view him as a long term solution simply because I don’t see him as being talented enough, but I have qualms about starting him again in the short term as we wait for that CM prospect to come along.

LEFT WINGERS

Stuart McDonald (2017), 19 Years Old:  In his second season as our starter at the position, the New Zealand left winger continued to deliver decent form for us down the left flank.  In 37 Games, he registered 6 Goals, 9 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.37 DpG, and 6.81 AR, giving us a decent threat down the left wing that our opponents had to respect.  He is another one that is a short term fix but not a real long term solution, but as long as he continues to give us the same level of form, I have no complaints for now.  He does have some competition, though, as we received some prospects in the latest Intake that could push him.

RIGHT WINGERS

John Aitken (2018), 19 Years Old:  I would say he is the least impressive out of all of my offensive units, and as such, I will be looking for a replacement as early as next season.  Aitken played decent at times, but his inconsistency was something I could no longer deal with, especially considering I needed offense to compensate for a horrid defensive line.  In 39 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 1.65 DpG, and 6.73 AR, by far the lowest out of my front four, or anyone in front of the back four, for that matter.  I’ve always relied on solid wing play in my tactics, and as such I will need an alternative here at the right wing.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Louis Nsingi (2016), 21 Years Old:  So now the player who was, at one point, undisputedly the most talented on the squad is refusing to sign a new contract with the same, claiming he needs to move to a bigger one.  This is the last year on his current contract, and I really don’t want to lose him – in 43 Games (179 for his career with us thus far), he registered 6 Goals, 7 Assists, 3 PoMs, 85% Pass Ratio, 1.92 DpG, and 7.02 AR, which was a career-high.  Meanwhile, he was 2nd in the league with 580.70 Kms Distance Covered Overall, which showed the effort he put on the pitch.  He will be a big loss for us if we cannot retain him.  

FORWARDS

Richard Challis (2019), 17 Years Old:  After we lost Scott Tozer, we had to suffer through a season where our starting striker went from being the backbone of our team to our weak link.  Thankfully, Challis came up through the wonderful ’19 Youth Class, and delivered us a fantastic first season for the club.  Despite being injured for a significant time, he played in 36 Games, registering 21 Goals, 5 Assists, 5 PoMs, 1.83 DpG, 61% Shot Target, and 7.04 AR.  My tactics rely on us having a strong and capable player up front, and with Challis, we have just that – hopefully he will stop insisting on wanting to play for a bigger club before his next two seasons are up. 

HOT PROSPECTS

None yet.

YOUTH INTAKE

4C9Ytx.jpg

bHqtmg.jpg

Another great Intake – the ’19 and ’20 Intakes have been fantastic for us.  I have been lucky in having the board agree to almost every improvement I have requested when it comes to Youth – in fact, by the time the ’21 Intake comes along, we will have a Junior Coaching rating of Excellent! This has produced some immediate contributors for us – already, two of our three prospects from last year are saying they need higher level football.  This year, we got upgrades in the DR and GK positions, along with another potential star striker – despite having Challis, it is good to have an insurance policy in case he bolts after two years.  This Intake might be even deeper than last year’s considering the level of talent across the board.  It will be fun seeing Isaacs and Saunders develop, as they become immediate starters.

cRGg8f.jpg

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

Not a great season on the pitch but looking better on the academy.

I could not be happier with the progress of the Academy so far - it is the backbone of success in this type of save, obviously.  If it keeps churning out players of this quality, the next few seasons shouldn't be too tough.

SEASON REVIEW 2020/2021

We are still at the bottom end of the table, but at least this season, our offense showed some amazing improvement, jumping to 4th best in the league.  A combination of Challis and moving Davis to AM did the trick, I think, as the two formed an effective unit despite less than stellar play from the wings.  Defensively, we were still bad although there was some small improvement – from worst to 20th in the league defensively – although the emergence of Ofori and development of Isaacs were encouraging signs.  Other than that, the season was uneventful – we fought relegation successfully but were still one of the weakest teams in the league.  The ’21 Youth Intake was another success story, delivering us potentially our finest prospect yet.

I was able to resign everyone to a new contract except for the troublesome Terry Hamici.  Davis and Challis, both of whom were my main priority, got big pay days but we will be having them on the team for at least another three years, so that in itself was a win.  Our core is pretty much set for the next three years, and save for Davis and Challis, everyone else is on meager wages, so our Finances should remain healthy throughout this time span. 

gSQevD.jpg

d2Z0Id.jpg

r9zLvf.jpg

pk7FA2.jpg

Ymt46x.jpg

NHvaCa.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Danny Saunders (2017), 18 Years Old:  Whether Saunders is an improvement over Dredge is yet to be seen – his first season as a starter for the club was pretty mediocre.  In 34 Games, he registered 1.60 Con/90 and 6.71 AR – it is the latter statistic that worries me, as it is very low for a starting GK.  Still, our defense went from being the worst in the league to the 20th, so there was slight improvement overall.  Since it was his first season, I will not judge him too harshly, but I do expect better next year, especially that I have some decent prospects at the position behind him.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Terry Hamici (2019), 18 Years Old:  By the end the season, everyone else had re-signed with the club and committed for another 3 years, except for Hamici.  My coaching staff have him rated as the highest CA and PA player on the squad, so his talent is obvious, but he spent the whole season being unhappy about not being let go when the bids came in – unfortunately for him, I was not going to let him go for £100K and under bids no matter how much he complained.  He ended up having a decent seasons (42 Games, 3 Assists, 1.96 TpG, 1.52 DpG, 6.76 AR), but not a great one by any stretch – he was unfocused and disillusioned and didn’t seem to put in the proper effort on the pitch.  As it stands, this upcoming season is his last, even though I am still carrying a bit of hope I can have him commit to us. 

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Barry Osborn (2017), 20 Years Old:  It was another solid season from our captain and former Kafra Player of the Year – 44 Games, 1.68 TpG, 670 Interceptions (12th in League), and 6.89 AR.  His numbers were a little bit down from the previous season, but were still very decent, and he was able to keep Shephard out of the starting lineup for most of the season.  I think he has earned the right to start next seasoning in the first eleven, despite my coaching staff thinking Shephard is infinitely more talented.  I am a lot more comfortable with Osborn in the lineup than Shephard, and his statistics point to that, as well.

Kwadwo Ofori (2019), 18 Years Old:  Sorry Hamici, but Ofori is the defensive prospect on the squad that I most excited about.  Taking over one of the starting CD after spending a year at right-back, the Ghanaian never looked back, and ended the season as one of the finest in the league at his position.  In 46 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.24 TpG, 1.06 DpG, 837 Interceptions (Best in League), 123 Key Headers (Best in League), and 7.02 AR, which was one of the highest on the team.  I credit the small improvement made by our defensive line this season to him, and I expect bigger things from him next year as he matures. 

Dominic Shephard (2016), 20 Years Old:  Shephard has been my biggest disappointment in the first few years of this save, but despite that, I still signed him to a new contract – I can’t overlook his talent for this level of football.  Still, I have relegated him to third choice CD, and I don’t see him overcoming that any time soon.  In 31 Games, he registered 1.77 TpG and 6.63 AR, the lowest of his career and a reflection of his underachievement. 

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Richie Isaacs (2020), 18 Years Old:  Full-back seems to be a very tough position for youngsters in the lower leagues, so I am not disappointed with Isaacs first season as a starter.  In fact, I am mildly optimistic, as I saw enough from him to warrant belief that he will improve next season and end up being a crucial member of the squad.  In 41 Games, he registered 1.12 TpG and 6.71 AR, and although he had bouts of inconsistent form, he was not a liability at the defensive end.  I’ve been blessed to have some great Intakes the past three years – maybe the ’19, ’20, ’21 Intakes end up being my first Golden Generation – and Isaacs is one of the top prospects from those Intakes.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Louis Nsingi (2016), 22 Years Old:  I shifted Nsingi to CM this year because I felt Davis could give me more at AM – it was not that Nsingi was doing a bad job, I just feel Davis has more potential and thus should be playing in his natural position.  As such, Nsingi’s form suffered a bit – in 40 Games, he only registered 2 Assists, 1.85 TpG, 84% Pass Ratio, 2.26 DpG, and 6.89 AR.  Still, it was his first season in a position that is not completely natural to him, so hopefully he will show improvements as he gets more experience.  He remains one of the most crucial and talented pieces to our squad, especially since he is the eldest player in it.

Dean Maguire (2017), 20 Years Old:  Maguire is the opposite of Shephard – just when you think he cannot possibly overachieve any more, he goes out and surprises you. In fact, an argument can be made that Maguire was one of the finest CMs in the league this season.  He played all 46 Games, registering 6 Goals, 10 Assists (tied 3rd in League), 2 PoMs, 43 Key Passes (12th in League), and 7.09 AR.  Additionally, his 854 Kms Distance Covered was 2nd in the league, showing just how active he was on the pitch.  His talents suggest that we could do better, but at this point, Maguire is one of the most essentials members of the starting line-up. 

LEFT WINGERS

Dean Walters (2020), 18 Years Old:  This was the youngster’s first and probably last season as a starter at the wing, since we received a crop of more talented players in this Intake that will replace him.  He was not bad (32 Games, 6 Goals, 3 Assists, 1.69 DpG, 6.77 AR), but I believe we will do a lot better next season with the new talent.  In any case, he was a decent filler that contributed towards us being the 4th best offensive unit in the league, and I can see him remaining as part of the rotation for the foreseeable future.

RIGHT WINGERS

Ed Henry (2020), 17 Years Old:  One of the star prospects of the ’20 Youth Class, even though right wing was not his natural position, he was simply too talented not to start.  I was not going to replace Challis at striker for him, but given that he had some idea about how to play down the wing, that’s where I slotted him.  For his rookie season, it was not too bad – 42 Games, 4 Goals, 4 Assists, 1.57 DpG, 6.71 AR – but the main knock on him was inconsistent form.  Thankfully, that is not uncommon in young players, and hopefully as he matures, he will begin showcasing more consistent form.  He will remain our starting right winger at least through next year. 

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Mick Davis (2018), 19 Years Old:  I am beginning to sense a Forde-Jones type of a relationship between Davis and Challis, as they were my top two players this year.  In 44 Games, he registered 10 Goals, a league-leading 14 Assists, 5 PoMs, 80% Pass Ratio, 1.40 DpG, and 7.08 AR, giving us a career year and helping us fend off relegation for another season.  He was critical to our success offensively, relishing in his new role as an AM, which brought out the best of his talents.  Going forward, Davis is as important as anyone else on the team, and his connection with Challis is stirring up memories of FM16!

FORWARDS

Richard Challis (2019), 19 Years Old:  Our new Kafra Player of the Year, the Vanarama National Top Goalscorer recipient was amongst the best players in the entire league this season.   In 41 Games, he registered 29 Goals, 8 Assists, 7 PoMs, and 7.19 AR – there was no doubt he was the most important player on our squad, and a leading candidate for the league’s Player of the Year.  Over the past two years, he has proven without a doubt his talents and his ability to shine at this level.  He developed an instant connection with Davis, one which I hope will stick together for a long time.

HOT PROSPECTS

None yet.

YOUTH INTAKE

3uzJza.jpg

Zt1p27.jpg

Lawrence seems to be the best prospect we have ever had come out of the Kafra Academy so far this save – better than even Challis and Davis.  I might have to switch up my single striker tactic to accommodate for him – yes, I think he is that good already.  The Intake itself, outside of Lawrence, was another deep one, although it probably won’t have the immediate contributions that the ’19 and ’20 Intakes did.  What is obvious to see, however, is that – at least for the level of football we are in – the Kafra Youth Academy is in great shape.  It has churned out some great prospects that probably will belong in the League 2 or League 1 at their peak. 

l9mrpj.jpg

Sometimes, I wish this game allowed us to be owners of the club.  Eric Lawrence is easily our most talented player, and he is signed on for another 3 years at a ridiculously low contract.  Why would I want to sell him MID-SEASON for an amount that I can more than double in a year and a half when he has developed further? Unfortunately for me, the board decided the offers received were too good to turn down, hence:

2ehZ6N.jpg

Terry Hamici is a different story - he has 6 months on his contract so I got what I could for him, which ended up being more than the total we have in our coffers.  So in a swoop of a few short days, our two most talented players are gone from the team.

Ob5Pj5.jpg

22 hours ago, Torminator said:

Ouch that reminds me of that Defender (john?) you had last year that left for Man city to become a world beater!

But at least the money is well spend!

Marvin John - what a legend! Yes, John and several other players in the early days of that save ended up leaving the club, sadly. 

22 hours ago, RSJ said:

I love this thread @abulezz - keep up the good work mate

Thank you so much for the comment!

20 hours ago, noikeee said:

Looking difficult to get this onto the next level just yet, but all the improvements in facilities will be very important for the future.

We had a better season, but we are still a bit away from challenging for a promotion - I am happy about how fast I have been able to build up the Youth Development and Facilities though!

9 hours ago, MichaelBrown said:

Great work abulezz, looking forward to seeing what else you've got. Glad I've caught up!

Thanks! The next update should be coming in the next day or so.

SEASON REVIEW 2021/2022

Our 6th season into this save, and it seemed like we were finally starting to make progress.  Unfortunately, this was also our most drama-filled season, with our two best players getting sold during the January window – one by me and one by the board.  The sale of Terry Hamici for £350K made sense because his contract was going to run out in the summer and he had no intention of resigning, in addition to the great amount of money we were being offered.  The sale of Eric Lawrence, however, was completely unnecessary right now.  He was only 16 years old, playing well for us, and signed for the next three years, so there was no reason for the board to sell now.  Instead, they accepted any offer over £600K for him – instead of waiting a year or so and getting double for him – and Lawrence was gone at the worst possible time, right in the middle of the season.  Given the above, it is no surprise that we struggled during the second half of the season as we had no one to replace the class and abilities of both Hamici and Lawrence.  Our defense, which was top ten for the first couple of months, ended up being the 21st in the league, and our offense took a big step back from 4th to 10th.  Overall, however, our final position was 14th, which was a record high for us and also spoke about the potential of this team. 

The ’22 Youth Intake was weaker than the previous three, but it also gave us a left winger capable of starting immediately – something we needed after the sale of Eric Lawrence.  Overall, though, it was not an impressive Intake, and at this point, I can only see Brandon Gilbey as a long term starter for the squad.  The nearly £1M brought in from the sales of Hamici and Lawrence were immediately invested in Junior Coaching, Training, and Youth Facilities.  Our finances naturally took a hit having taken into the account the improvements, so hopefully we will start seeing the benefits as early as next season.

JLmhoC.jpg

0FpL61.jpg

267BgR.jpg

ifL1Yu.jpg

AtDe7k.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Danny Saunders (2017), 19 Years Old:  Saunders had pretty much the same season as his first, although his AR did go up a bit.  He played in all 46 Games, registering 1.65 Con/90 and 6.75 AR, up from 6.71 AR last season.  We could do with better performances between the sticks, but as long as the defensive line continues to be one of the worst in the league, there is little more you can expect from Saunders.  He doesn’t seem to do too many mistakes on his end, and is pretty consistent considering his limitations, but I suspect that an improved defensive line will do wonders for his form. 

LEFT DEFENDERS

Stuart Morgan (2021), 17 Years Old:  After the same of Terry Hamici, it left a pretty vacancy for the job of starting left-back for the club.  From the looks of things, this is going to be a trouble position for us as we don’t have anyone remotely talented enough to replace Hamici.  Morgan started in place of Hamici, but I think going forward, I will feature newcomer Blackburn and see how he does.  Stuart Morgan will be the second choice left-back to start the next season.   

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Barry Osborn (2017), 21 Years Old:  The captain’s playing time fell this season as I preferred a starting lineup of Ofori and Shephard, but he still was a significant part of the defensive line that – unfortunately – failed to do the job.  As for Osborn himself, he did not do so bad – 27 Games, 1.09 TpG, and 6.81 AR – but the failures of the defensive line means I am going to have to look at alternatives and see where I can improve.  Osborn is probably our third choice CD at this point, but I would say only Ofori is guaranteed a starting lineup spot at this point.

Kwadwo Ofori (2019), 19 Years Old:  He has become one of my favorite players, and at this point, he is probably our best defensive player.  In 45 Games, he registered 3 PoMs, 1.78 TpG, 154 Key Headers (Best in League), 831 Interceptions (Best in League), and 7.03 AR – those type of numbers pointed to him being one of the finest CDs in the league this season.  At this point, Ofori, who hasn’t turned 20 yet, continues to improve at a good pace, and his attributes have certainly gotten better the past couple of years.  He will be crucial for us if we are to think about a play-off spot at this point, and I would really like to see him break the 7.10 AR mark – I think he can do it. 

Dominic Shephard (2016), 21 Years Old:  Well, at least he played better, but it is all relative because he has been close to awful the past few seasons, especially last year.  He still isn’t good – his 6.70 AR was the lowest out of all the major players in the defensive line – but I have given up hoping he finally live up to the ratings my coaching staff have given him.  The fact is, Osborn plays hard and with heart but probably is not talented enough to start, while Shephard seems to have the talent but completely fails in the form department. 

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Richie Isaacs (2020), 18 Years Old:  The club’s first ever international (he made his debut for Guyana this season, and is their highest valued player currently!), he also has the potential to be our finest right-back yet.  In 43 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 1.88 TpG, 1.15 DpG, and 6.72 AR – what I really want from him is for his AR to get closer to 7.00.  It is something I believe is achievable for him because he has shown such great progress in training, and his attributes are coming along really well.  He has some great Mental attributes, and my coaching staff love him (4/5 CA, 5/5 PA).  I will be following his development closely and I hope he stays on track next season with his improvements.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Louis Nsingi (2016), 23 Years Old:  This was his second season as a CM after shifting him from AM, and he did better – his form improved and he gave us much more consistent performances.  In 43 Games, he registered 7 Assists, 1.77 TpG, 84% Pass Ratio, 1.96 DpG, and 6.90 AR.  In the five seasons he has been with the club, he has yet to play under 40 League Games for us, so his durability is unquestionable.  He has probably hit his peak in terms of ability, and he is the oldest member of the team, but he is a fine player and will remain crucial for us going forward. 

Dean Maguire (2017), 21 Years Old:  He was supposed to be a short-term option until a better prospect came along, but here he is three years later, starting and playing in 42 Games.  He plays hard and with passion, and always seems to play better than his abilities suggest, and I absolutely love players like that.  In those 42 Games, he registered 6 Goals, 5 Assists, 3 PoMs, 1.60 TpG, 80% Pass Ratio, 1.07 DpG, and 6.95 AR, which was down from the 7.09 AR he registered last season.  He will never be the most talented player on the team, and he remains a prime candidate to be replaced in the starting lineup once (if) we get that sure-fire prospect at CM, but till then, I have no complaints about Maguire. 

LEFT WINGERS

Dean Walters (2020), 19 Years Old:  Eric Lawrence started here for over half the season until the board forced his sale, and after that I brought back Dean Walters to fill in.  He appeared in 14 Games, registered 3 Goals and 6.75 AR, and he likely will be relegated to the bench again with new prospect Gilbey taking over the starting position next season.  Not much to say here, except I wish I was reviewing Eric Lawrence’s season!

RIGHT WINGERS

Ed Henry (2020), 18 Years Old:  Amidst all the drama during the season, Henry quietly delivered one of the best seasons of anyone on the squad this year, all while playing at of position at right wing.  In 43 Games, he registered 9 Goals, 7 Assists, 2 PoMs, 81% Pass Ratio, and 6.90 AR – the final number is slightly misleading because of a slow first couple of months.  Once he got going, he really got going, although he did also have a poor last few games.  In any case, Henry proved his class as well as goal-scoring prowess, and I will be looking for 10+ Goals next season from him as he retains his starting lineup status at right wing. 

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Mick Davis (2018), 20 Years Old:  Another strong season from the man I will most likely anoint my new captain next season, as he continues to flourish as our AM.  In 44 Games, he registered 8 Goals, 8 Assists, 1.35 DpG, and 6.96 AR – he also led the league with 584.60 Kms/Distance Covered.  He is a fan favorite, one of my coaching staff’s favorites, and of course, one of my favorites, as well.  He is absolutely one of the best players at the club, and his presence on the team is vital both on the pitch and in the locker-room. 

FORWARDS

Richard Challis (2019), 20 Years Old:  For the second year in a row, Challis won the Kafra Player of the Year – he was our leading scorer and at this point, probably our most important player.  In 41 Games, he registered 21 Goals, 8 Assists, 4 PoMs, 1.61 DpG, and 7.07 AR – his offense was critical for us, and lots of games, his goals is what earned us the points.  Overall, I could not be happier with the state of our striker position – my only concern is trying to get him to renew his contract before it is up in 2024. 

HOT PROSPECTS

None yet.

YOUTH INTAKE

KWUVwq.jpg

CBK3rI.jpg

This was our weakest Intake of the past four years, but it was still a useful one.  We got Gilbey, a much needed left winger who looks capable of starting from day one, although his first few games were not encouraging at all.  After the departure of Lawrence, we had a big gap that needed to be filled down the left wing, and I am hoping Gilbey will be able to do that for us.  Blackburn looks like a decent prospect as well, and he will most likely be part of the rotation next season, as well.  Overall, we did not get any sure fire prospects as we have been getting the past few seasons, but I am not worried – my Junior Coaching is now Exceptional, and both Training and Youth Level are being upgraded, so we should have another good Intake next season.

YY1H9S.jpg

World Cup 2022 - Argentina

Harry Kane (Man Utd) and Delle Alli (Tottenham) took their star to the next level during Argentina 2022, leading England to the Finals against defending champions France, who were led by Antoine Greizmann (PSG), Kingsley Coman (Man City), and Paul Pogba (Man Utd.  Led by Louis Van Gaal, who took over two years prior, the English squad captured their second ever World Cup title, defeating France 4-2 in the Finals with Saido Berahino scoring a brace.  Prior to the Finals, England had overcome Holland in the Semi-Finals, with the Dutch squad falling at this stage for the second straight World Cup, while France defeated Italy, who were Second Round casualties against Ivory Coast last time around but took out Brazil and the hosts Argentina in the knock-out rounds before falling.  Defeated Finalists in 2018 Germany failed to make it out of the Group Stages, while Ukraine and Japan were both surprise Quarter-Finalists.  Delle Alli was crowned the Best Player, having registered 5 Goals, 2 Assists, and 7.69 AR, while Harry Kane captured the Top Goalscorer award with his 7 Goals.  Italy’s Alex Meret (Liverpool) won the Best Goalkeeper award after registering 4 Clean Sheets and conceding only 3 Goals, while Mitsuru Nozawa won the Young Player of the Tournament award after leading Japan to the Quarter-Finals.

6J7Hsp.jpg

l1gOrL.jpg

GVe7Z3.jpg

nBGvPl.jpg

mFY6qu.jpg

ZihWJ6.jpg

The boys gave me a heart attack here - they went down 2-0 in the first half and I thought for sure our Play-off hunt was over.  They turned it up, though, and scored 4 goals in the second half to ensure we kept our play-off spot!

VSdqPM.jpg

2 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Mentions nothing about the fact that the match ended 6-6...

But good luck in League 2, hopefully your youth are up fr the challenge.

Lol - I was too excited about the fact we had made it through.  The match itself probably aged me 10 years - 6-6 scoreline and all the way to the penalty shootout!

Archived