[FM17] Kafra FC 2.0 - Le Kafra-eak, C'est Chique! (All Youth in England)

abulezz

SEASON REVIEW 2032/2033

LbaABL.jpg

kasvi0.jpg

6RF9N8.jpg

uD2GVG.jpg

u9Kfgx.jpg

G71OnZ.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Ashley O’Dwyer (2019), 30 Years Old:  He is probably the least talented GK in the Championship, and we have been needing an upgrade at this position for years now.  Unfortunately, he is still the best we have, but his 2.02 Con/90 is alarming.  We don’t have any prospects on the horizon that are going to unseat this guy, so I keep hoping for the Youth Academy to give us someone.  On the bright side, he seems to have put his injuries behind him, as he played in 42 Games.  We just beat relegation this year, and hopefully he will not be too much of a liability as we try to do the same next year.  Career Stats

LEFT DEFENDERS

Sunny Imudia (2025), 24 Years Old:  He might have played in a career-high 43 Games, but the Nigerian left-back had potentially his most difficult season as a professional yet.  In those 43 Games, he registered 3.89 TpG, 2.44 DpG, and 6.65 AR – despite his activity and efforts, his performances were inconsistent and he rarely had a good game.  Perhaps he needs some time to get used to the higher level of football, but I have found myself constantly wanting more from Imudia.  His career average is 6.71 AR, and he should be at the point in his career where it should all be coming together – unfortunately, from what he has shown thus far, he is still very far from it.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Andrea Zefi (2019), 30 Years Old:  This was a generally tough season for our entire backline, and Zefi was not an exception.  Like Imudia, he bounced back from an injury plagued season to play in all but one game, but his form left a little to be desired.  In 45 Games, he registered 1.61 TpG and 6.74 AR, which was his lowest in 11 years when he first took over the starting position.  The captain and Kosovan international (36 Caps) is still our most talented DC, which unfortunately is not saying much.  Hopefully he can lead the backline to some better performances next year. Career Stats

Gary McLoughlin (2024), 25 Years Old: Easily our best player in the backline this year, McLoughlin was the only defender to play up to expectation.  For the third straight season, he played in all 46 Games – in fact, he has missed just two games in the last five seasons! He registered 4 Goals, 2 Assists, 5 PoMs, and 6.87 AR enroute to probably his best season in his career yet. My coaches think his talent level belongs in the Vanarama National league, which is a testament on how hard this guy works on the pitch and how much of an overachiever he is.  His 5 PoMs really shows just how important he was to our team this year.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Richie Isaacs (2020), 30 Years Old:  He might have over 550 League Games for us under his belt, but the truth, I don’t think I can justify starting him any longer.  With Mensah coming up and giving us just as good (or bad) football, Isaacs will likely start next season on the bench.  This year, he played in 44 Games (25 as a starter), registering 1.93 TpG, 1.28 DpG, and 6.64 AR, which was actually the lowest of his career.  The Guyanese international (49 Caps/2 Goals) has never been a real solid performer in his career (6.72 AR career average), but he has always been our right-back by default because we had no other options.  Hopefully, Mensah will be able to give us better performances – do not get me wrong, I really like Isaacs and he has been a professional throughout his career, it is just that he not a Championship level starter by a long shot.  Career Stats

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Godwin Okolie (2022), 28 Years Old:  One of the primary reasons for our promotion to the Championship, Okolie continued his impressive play this year, as well.  Last year, I switched his role from a Ball-Winning Midfielder to a  Box to Box Midfielder, and although his defensive presence was subdued, he ended up giving us the finest season of his career.  He continued that trend this season, again playing in all 46 Games and registering 3 Goals, 10 Assists (tied for career-best), 2 PoMs, 1.48 TpG, 84% Pass Ratio, 1.85 DpG, and 7.04 AR.  I would argue that he was our second best player behind Richard Challis, and certainly our heartbeat in the center of the pitch.  He will have to keep up this form if we are to survive relegation next year.  Career Stats

Scott Wilson (2028), 21 Years Old:  Like his CM counterpart Okolie, Wilson has become known as an overachiever he has played above his supposed talents – he gave us a good season and performed positively when counted on.  In 45 Games (26 as starter), he registered 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 3 PoMs, 86% Pass Ratio, 2.20 DpG, and 6.88 AR, which was a career-high.  What he lacks in the technical aspect of his game he tries to make up for it with his physical strengths – he is strong, he is fast, and he rarely makes mistakes.  He is also still young enough to show some real improvement, which I am hoping for because he has proved he is capable of playing at this level.    

LEFT WINGERS

Aaron Clough (2031), 18 Years Old:  The higher level of football meant that Clough found himself struggling at times, but the youngster was more than a match and has given Kafra a lot of reasons to be optimistic.  After a legendary debut season, Clough came back down to Earth a little bit, but he still performed well.  In 46 Games (second straight season he has played in all games), he registered 17 Goals, 11 Assists, 5 PoMs, and 6.94 AR, which was down from the 7.06 he registered last season.  Those are still impressive numbers, but it was just his inconsistency that held him back.  With a new contract signed, he has stopped making noise about wanting to leave the club, so now the most important thing for him is to continue to improve on his abilities – he is easily the top prospect we have.  Intake: 1.5/5 CA, 5/5 PA – Now: 4/5 CA, 5/5 PA

RIGHT WINGERS

Javia Manning (2025), 25 Years Old:  Along with fellow Kafra Youth Academy graduate Shivnarine Ahmed (who is now with West Ham), Manning has become one of Jamaica’s most important players, let alone one of our main offensive threats.  Part of the team that won the Caribbean Championship this summer with Jamaica, the speedy right winger enjoyed a successful season with both national team and club.  In 40 Games, he registered 5 Goals, 7 Assists, 2 PoMs, 4.76 DpG, and 6.94 AR – without a doubt, he is one of our most invaluable players at this point, and I am very happy with the progress he has shown through the years.  His obvious strength is his speed, but he has developed other aspects of his game enough that he has become a decent all around winger. 

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Tony Garrard (2024), 25 Years Old:  I love what Garrard brings to the table for us – you can just feel that he is one of those players that runs around endlessly and tirelessly throughout the game, making plays happen despite not being a gifted athlete or a supremely technical type of player.  He’s strong but he is not quick nor is he exceedingly athletic, and his strongest asset is pretty much irrelevant in his playing position (Aerial abilities), but somehow he makes it work season after season.  This was probably his best yet – in 43 Games, he registered 7 Goals (tied career-high), 12 Assists (set career-high), 84% Pass Ratio, 1.54 DpG, and 6.97 AR.  Not too shabby for a player my coaches think is good enough only for the Vanarama National league.

FORWARDS

Richard Challis (2019), 31 Years Old:  Apparently no matter what league and level Challis plays in, he is going to net you a lot of goals.  In 44 Games, Kafra’s most decorated and finest player of all-time registered 23 Goals, 7 Assists, 3 PoMs, 83% Pass Ratio, 1.90 DpG, 55% Shot Target, and 7.12 AR.  He is now only 5 Goals and 8 Assists shy of having a remarkable career line of over 400 Goals, 100 Assists, and 100 PoMs – he has registered a 7.18 AR over the course of his career.  This is a player who has never scored beneath 20 League Goals and never registered beneath 7.00 AR in any season, and it is scary to think we only have a couple more years of Challis left.   Career Stats

HOT PROSPECTS

Eric Mensah (2031), 18 Years Old, Right Back:  Despite his age, this was the transition season for Mensah into becoming our full-time starter at the right back position.  He featured in 42 Games, registering 2 Assists, 3.02 TpG, 1.35 DpG, and 6.65 AR – obviously, there was inconsistent form, and I am disappointed in his training as his attributes did not improve much, but he is our right-back of the future as it stands.  Intake: 1/5 CA, 3.5/5 PA – Now: 2.5/5 CA, 4.5/5 PA

Richard Amoah (2032), 17 Years Old, Right Back: He made 7 total appearances and did well, registering 3.44 TpG, 2.52 DpG, and 6.90 AR.  His attributes could have developed more, and I worry that after a full year of re-training, he still has not become Competent at the right-back position where his talents are better suited for.  Still, he is very young and he has a lot of time to make the kind of progress he needs.  Intake: 1/5 CA, 3.5/5 PA – Now: 2/5 CA, 5/5 PA

Adnan Al-Jadani (2032), 17 Years Old, Striker:  He did not get a lot of playing time, but the 6’4 striker is easily the best prospect at the Striker position for us.  He made immense headway in his attributes progress this season, and seems ready to replace Challis sooner rather than later.  He is good in the air and quick on the ground, and I will be looking to feature him a lot more in the coming season.  Intake: 1/5 CA, 3.5/5 PA – Now: 3/5 CA, 5/5 PA

George Hammond (2032), 17 Years Old, Right Winger: He got the most playing time out of anyone from the ’32 Youth Class, and even though his form was inconsistent, there is a lot to like here.  His speed has improved, and his technical skills got a lot better throughout the season.  He will continue to see time behind Javia Manning at the right wing position.  Intake: 1/5 CA, 3.5/5 PA – Now: 2.5/5 CA, 5/5 PA

RETIRING

Louis Nsingi (Original), 34 Years Old:  The last remaining member of the original squad I inherited, Nsingi – in my books – is a club legend.  His 599 League Appearances through the years speaks volumes on how engrained his was in the culture of the club, and although he had minimal appearances in the last couple of years, you could not imagine a starting lineup without him throughout the club’s formative years.  He was very much a part of our success in our first decade or so, and he was always the professional.  Career Stats

YOUTH INTAKE

tDATOb.jpg

w2pSPr.jpg

More attacking talent, and yet another striker with potential.  At this point, we really need to the Youth Academy to start churning out quality defenders and GKs, something which we have a severe lack of.  Still, I can see Rigby and Dyer-Summerfield contributing at some point in the future, so I am not complaining too much. 

6lHfkI.jpg

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mr Highbury said:

Yay, this thread is back - good to see the kids are back in action! Let's hope you get a few defenders next time around :)

Thanks! I really hope my Youth Academy can give me some quality in the back - we are in desperate need for it.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived