Whats the worst loss you have taken recently?

Was playing a 4231widecm high line vs manchester united with crystal palace and lost 7-0 they signed icardi and he scored 5 goals. Couldn't believe it. This was while my team morale was superb and we won our first 3 games scoring 9 goals to 1 conceded. I guess you can't play a high line vs a superior team:(

IIRC Mauro Icardi has great off the ball movement, good pace and is a very composed finisher. Not to mention the "Beats Offside Trap" ppm, you playing a high line against this type of striker and failing to cut his supply of balls from midfield is pretty suicidal

Was playing a 4231widecm high line vs manchester united with crystal palace and lost 7-0 they signed icardi and he scored 5 goals. Couldn't believe it. This was while my team morale was superb and we won our first 3 games scoring 9 goals to 1 conceded. I guess you can't play a high line vs a superior team:(

You can if you know what you're doing. But it's not easy.

IIRC Mauro Icardi has great off the ball movement, good pace and is a very composed finisher. Not to mention the "Beats Offside Trap" ppm, you playing a high line against this type of striker and failing to cut his supply of balls from midfield is pretty suicidal

Yeah I don't know if he has a higher potential ability than anthony martial but he walked straight in and stole his spot and left martial on the bench whos a world class player on the game. I play a 4231 every game. Should I create more defensive tactics for the big boys? like along with the 4231 use a 4141 dm? I only had a high line because I thought the only way to play a 4231 is to press and try and win the ball back. I'm not aware of a 4231 being able to be cautious or defensive. So if I were playing a 4231 I doubt using a deeper line would work.

What ways could I have cut his supply of balls from midfield?

Also Kenco what are some ways to play a high line and not get destroyed like i did? Perhaps i could do it with a 4141 or 451 but it seems like having half my team up the pitch always in a 4231 i might be asking for getting destroyed like I did. I never got beat as bad as I did vs man united so as it was happening im just watching thinking im playing a baseball game or something.

Also one more thing I notice there are almost no wide midfielders at the highest level so how do you guys use a 4141 with wide midfielders if they have half of their ability for the role? Does it not matter what someones suitability for a role is as long as they have the attributes?

Suitability for the role isn't that important, and players can easily be re-trained. Personally I play a 4-4-1-1 as this way I have a much more solid denfensive shape when I don't have the ball, but it still transforms into a 4-2-3-1 when I have the ball as the wide midfielders push forward.

I play Sadio Mane in the MR position and he is lethal.

My 4-4-1-1 with a high D line also squeezes the space in midfield better than it would with a DM, as putting a DM between defence and midfield actually creates more space in this area as the two lines move further apart to accommodate him. No DM means the Def and Mid positions will sit a little closer together. One of my MCs is set as a DLP (d) to ensure he sits deeper than the rest, providing the cover of having no-one in the DM strata.

Suitability for the role isn't that important, and players can easily be re-trained. Personally I play a 4-4-1-1 as this way I have a much more solid denfensive shape when I don't have the ball, but it still transforms into a 4-2-3-1 when I have the ball as the wide midfielders push forward.

I play Sadio Mane in the MR position and he is lethal.

My 4-4-1-1 with a high D line also squeezes the space in midfield better than it would with a DM, as putting a DM between defence and midfield actually creates more space in this area as the two lines move further apart to accommodate him. No DM means the Def and Mid positions will sit a little closer together. One of my MCs is set as a DLP (d) to ensure he sits deeper than the rest, providing the cover of having no-one in the DM strata.

Awesome I'll give this formation a try.

You could argue that they are actually the same formation. It's just that in defence it's 4-4-1-1 and attack it becomes 4-2-3-1. This happens in real life, it's just the way TV broadcasters often display the attacking version that make people think they always play that way.

I play the highest line, a semi suicidal 4-1-5 formation, I designed from scratch myself without reading up on tactics, I dominate games, but I dont always win, but I am one of the weakest teams in the league and always over achieving, so every team is superior. Up until last season playing in the prem with wealdstone I spent in total under 20 mil on players. I think you need good defenders with key stats like anticipation, position, winning aerial balls, and pace incase it all goes wrong. I'm very pleased with how my team plays, and the results, most of my conceded goals dont seem related to playing a high line anyway. Its being pushed back, set pieces or ignoring instruction where my goals usually come from. I dont know if thats a bravery stat where they bottle playing a high line or what. I find I concede much less with the highest line.

Currently 8th in the league after a terribad start, unexplainable, but won the capital one cup, still in the euro cup, quater final of the fa cup, 18 games unbeaten.

0-3, at home, in a friendly vs the Under 18s of a Similar Reputation team from the same league. That might be bad enough, but the reason it happened was I decided to rest half my team, just leaving my star strikers, a strong playmaker, and a Strong defender,, in order to get the rest of the team some action during a down period due to a match rescheduling. I wanted to give them a boost to morale.

The strikers and the playmakers all left the game on injury in the first half (One of the strikers was out for a several months). Then one of the other regular players picked up a red, and then the rout was on. The morale dropped like a rock, and I promptly entered a death spiral of whining, losing, and fans hating me. And so I got sacked.

Second season with Walsall. Flying high in the Championship, on a great run of form, at home against 22nd placed Ipswich. Comfortable win, right? Not today, says FM.

Lost 4-3, they had 3 shots on target to my 12, and 1 ccc to my 6.

Happily, we followed that with a win at league leaders Derby.

I got smashed 4-0 by Koln last season which honestly could have been 10-0, completely out of nowhere, fielding a team with 'slight rotation' who managed literally 1 or 2 off target shots all game. Morale was high etc and I had lost 2 games or something all season.

I also recently lost to Munchen Lions in the Super Cup 1-0 to their only shot on target which was a header from a set piece. How am I playing Munchen Lions in the Super Cup you ask? They beat Bayern 1-0 in the German Cup Final. Munchen Lions for the (1-0) win.

I lost 7-3 in the Mickey Mouse cup as others have called it. Playing as League two Cambridge away to League One Coventry. Figured we'd get beat so put a load of kids on, told them there was no pressure but sent them all gung-ho and that was the result.

4-0 away to Stoke past the half way point in the season, I was Man United in 2nd place, they were 19th. Full strength team as well - my defence just couldnt cope with Dioufs pace, no matter what I tried to counter with it made no difference. Felt completely helpless :(

4-3 to Aston Villa.

Not a terrible result? We went 3-0 up after 52 minutes and killed them, then they scored 4 in 25 minutes as we completely collapsed. And I really can't stand Villa anyway...

Lost 6-2 at home to Bourmeouth in a Liverpool save I had a few months back :(

On my current Man Utd save I haven't had too many 'bad' losses, but did lose 4-0 at Arsenal in my first game. I can thankfully say that the save has improved since that point.

Have to be in my 4th season with Leeds, last game of season, currently occupying 4th place and champions League football potentially and our last game brings us against West Brom, currently 17th with no

Win in 5. We lost 3-0 meaning that arsenal leap frogged us into 4th and we had to settle with Europa league

Prepared for my first full season with Northampton in Vanarama North quite well, a few new signings, tactic thar appeared to suit, unbeaten in pre-season. Opening day at home to Morecambe, took the lead, lost 6-1. By the end of the gami l was panic-tweaking and swearing at the laptop. Board and fans were apoplectic.

Ended up in 8th place, only kept my job after winning five consecutive games at the end of the season and a good FA Trophy run. Got promoted the following season as champions, then promoted back to the football league via play offs and an FA Trophy win the season after, but the most memorable match in all of this is that Morecambe horror show.

Lost a game 5-3 vs Man City which doesn't sound too bad. But I was 3-1 up at half time and had a 1 goal lead from the first leg (CCC semi final) so they needed 4 in the second half to go through. Which they got of course.

Was feeling pretty cocky in my Newcastle save, in my fourth season. Home against Everton who had been struggling pretty badly. Thought I could field my B team, then decided I was being too arrogant and fielded my full strength A team.

I lost 4-0.

Archived