Liverpool Possession Tactic with a Very Attacking intent! Ultimate Doom!

Yes great job, well done, the tactic is great, but unless you also manage well, you won't win anything, so your success is also down to your good management in the game and consistency too.

Yes but most stuff is to tactics alone, only team i rly strugle is Juventus tbh they have beast team inter is not that good i lost to them in cup but still going strong in league with +9 points lead after half season. I think important role are WB they are key players for me especially Montoya.:applause:

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, so I have noted that most of my goal conceded are due to my defenders being too high up the pitch, I have dropped the defensive line to slightly deeper and we will see how we go I guess, otherwise this tactic is a good solid base and I love the style of football it plays!!

ok, so I have noted that most of my goal conceded are due to my defenders being too high up the pitch, I have dropped the defensive line to slightly deeper and we will see how we go I guess, otherwise this tactic is a good solid base and I love the style of football it plays!!

If you have good regista support and sweeper keeper support, they should be covering for the defenders high up the pitch but if slightly deeper has a positive impact let me know. Yes! I love the style of play it produces and crucially you will find the players do too, they will tell you this once the tactic is up and running. :thup:

tactic is superb, 30 games where my team has scored atleast one goal, 38 game unbeaten... etc although the corner defence needs to be fixed. It seemed I was conceding a goal from a corner every single game until I switched match tactics to defend set pieces

tactic is superb, 30 games where my team has scored atleast one goal, 38 game unbeaten... etc although the corner defence needs to be fixed. It seemed I was conceding a goal from a corner every single game until I switched match tactics to defend set pieces

Great Stuff. Thanks for the feedback. :thup:

I just wanted to do a season end report playing as Southampton. Great tactic, very consistent. Southampton already has a strong team for this type of tactic with multiple Inside Forwards and Wingbacks, just need to bring in a good striker for the F9 role. My leadscorer was 18 year old Gabriel Barbosa who I bought for $18.5M and resold for $64M+ $38M in clauses.

Only issue I really encountered with the tactic were crosses coming to wingers streaking in for goals or the keeper does something incredibly stupid but those are all match engine issues. Won the quadruple; EPL, Euro League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup. I had the EPL clinched after beating West Ham back on 3/20/2016, not suffering a single defeat until there was nothing to play for. I just did a major overhaul of my team making $223M transfers and spending just $128M so far. I still have a $100M transfer budget if I really wanted to splurge on a player. Poor Everton went down and I raid them hard and I guess Man City needed to overhaul their fullbacks buying both of my last season's starting FBs.

League%20Table_zpsueytphld.jpg

Matches_zpsjlqbhgjl.jpg

Transfers_zpsgwnnbcin.jpg

I just wanted to do a season end report playing as Southampton. Great tactic, very consistent. Southampton already has a strong team for this type of tactic with multiple Inside Forwards and Wingbacks, just need to bring in a good striker for the F9 role. My leadscorer was 18 year old Gabriel Barbosa who I bought for $18.5M and resold for $64M+ $38M in clauses.

Only issue I really encountered with the tactic were crosses coming to wingers streaking in for goals or the keeper does something incredibly stupid but those are all match engine issues. Won the quadruple; EPL, Euro League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup. I had the EPL clinched after beating West Ham back on 3/20/2016, not suffering a single defeat until there was nothing to play for. I just did a major overhaul of my team making $223M transfers and spending just $128M so far. I still have a $100M transfer budget if I really wanted to splurge on a player. Poor Everton went down and I raid them hard and I guess Man City needed to overhaul their fullbacks buying both of my last season's starting FBs.

League%20Table_zpsueytphld.jpg

Matches_zpsjlqbhgjl.jpg

Transfers_zpsgwnnbcin.jpg

hey Mate,

Well done and it just goes to show that this tactic is going to be good over all updates on the game. 16.1 16.2 & 16.3!

I'm working very hard at the moment making the Ultimate Legends game 1880-2016, so it might take me a bit longer to respond.

This is fantastic, you have done really well with Southampton here. Keep up the great work! :thup:

Wilshere has had 2 red cards for this kind of tackle in my season. I'm only 10 games in!

You will get red cards mate.. not an awful lot but it does happen, it does also depend on the player too. e.g. There is a hidden stat called Dirty which Wilshere rates on the higher end of the scale. Also then not the greatest tackler in the world and high for aggression so some players will get sent off in a tactic like this.. I am not saying sell wilshere. but you really need to be using the UD10 tactic when you go down to 10 men.

Have faith, you will find on most occasions going down to 10 men, change to the UD10 and you will draw or win the game still. Don't be concerned if you do lose the odd one, it won't have a great effect on your season. :thup:

Here is the link to the UD10 tactic.

https://www.mediafire.com/?n6h5ra5abf88kl3

I tried this tactic after having a nightmare 2nd premier league season with Stockport. Saved me from certain relegation seeing me jump from 18th to 10th in the final 11 games. Got to close season strengthened the squad predicted to challenge for Europe and - 2 points from 5 games and 2 complete hammerings. Really poor. Tactic fully fluid and I've no idea what the issue is :(

I tried this tactic after having a nightmare 2nd premier league season with Stockport. Saved me from certain relegation seeing me jump from 18th to 10th in the final 11 games. Got to close season strengthened the squad predicted to challenge for Europe and - 2 points from 5 games and 2 complete hammerings. Really poor. Tactic fully fluid and I've no idea what the issue is :(

This years game seems really inconsistent. Something works, then it doesn't. It can be frustrating.

This years game seems really inconsistent. Something works, then it doesn't. It can be frustrating.

I agree. They say the AI doesn't learn your tactic but it sure feels like it does. Had a great season with this then it just fell apart at start of second season. I think it's just a lottery in many ways now. You will stumble across something that works for a while then it will struggle for no reason at all.

Fenech - thanks for the link to UD10 - Should I just use this then if down to 10 men or could I give it a go throughout? Hope you are ok

If down to 10 men but if you want to give it a go throughout then i don't see that being an issue....

down to 10 men and sacrifice the regista...

To prevent red cards manually change someones player instructions to "ease off tackles." Played a whole season like this and believe I only got 1 red for a second yellow, either way it has definitely helped avoid reds.

That certainly would help, did you maintain the same level of success on the field?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Going to start my final save for FM16 using this tactic and managing Liverpool. Any recommended players that to bring in that fit the tactic?

This tactic really suits Liverpool. I don't think you need anyone but it depends what positions you think you need...

Could I possibly change the left IF to a winger? Would that affect anything?

You can and see how it goes, the way it works is the F9 drops back into midfield, if the defenders follow him, that leaves spaces for the two inside forwards and the two onrushing attacking midfields to bombard in on goal, if the defenders dont follow the F9, then that gives the F9 room and time to pick out the 'perfect' pass or attempt on goal himself... so maybe it would work, if it allowed to winger to pick out a great cross, but that would be one less person zoneing in on the goal... if you want, give it a go and let me know how you get on. :thup:

• 3 weeks later...
How do you sign player? I always failed to sign player. Club always ask with high value

negotiate to pay half now and half after 50 games and offer 50 per cent on the profit of next fee or not. upto you but negotiation is the way.

whats the latest ultimate doom tatcics? is it still the ones in the opening post? Defence and normal versions.

It's the one in the opening post, just use that and the one for 10 men if you go down to 10, the defence one is optional if you want to hold on to a lead late on but i never used it personally....

• 3 weeks later...

I am using this tactic with Barcelona. Some matches are very difficult to win in La Liga (perhaps due to squad rotation, or team talks) others we win very easily.

What I don't understand is how the teamtalks work. If my players are mostly under 7 I say it should be better, or something alike. If most of them are 7 or higher I say that they should perform te same, or not to think to easy about it (I play the game in Dutch, so forgive me, if some terms are not how they are in English)

What happens is that a lot of times Messi, Luis Suarez, Neymar and/or Hazard are far better than the rest. If I give the rest of the team the "play better talk" the top players get confused, even asking me in private talks to be less harsh. If give the "play better talk" and then select a part of the team to say that they were good allready (i.e. my midfielders, or attackers) the confusion does not get away.

What do I do to get all my players to perform well?

a question.. do u have any playerfilters for us to download? and when to use the defend tactic and is the attacking one the one to use at start every game?

I only use the defence one if I am winning by a single goal with say 5-10 mins to go in the match

..... Doesn't happen that often :)

I am using this tactic with Barcelona. Some matches are very difficult to win in La Liga (perhaps due to squad rotation, or team talks) others we win very easily.

What I don't understand is how the teamtalks work. If my players are mostly under 7 I say it should be better, or something alike. If most of them are 7 or higher I say that they should perform te same, or not to think to easy about it (I play the game in Dutch, so forgive me, if some terms are not how they are in English)

What happens is that a lot of times Messi, Luis Suarez, Neymar and/or Hazard are far better than the rest. If I give the rest of the team the "play better talk" the top players get confused, even asking me in private talks to be less harsh. If give the "play better talk" and then select a part of the team to say that they were good allready (i.e. my midfielders, or attackers) the confusion does not get away.

What do I do to get all my players to perform well?

@ Fenech: I 've found your guide for training & team talks (click) that you posted here in this topic. It went a lot better after using your tips and tricks. Thanks for that.

I also finally found out where to set the team talk for a specific player. The first matches I just did not see that option, so I gave only team talks and complete defense/midfield/attacker talks.

No I don't have to do that anymore. My team talks are having a lot more good results in morale and how many matches I win.

I have still some questions left:

* If I have my 2-weekly technical advise talk with my staff and I accept their advise on some instructions, will that alter my UD or UC tactic, or with does it stay the same?

* Do I need to accept all pre-match suggestions for Opposition instructions my assistent is telling me about, like apply them all, or set things manually, or can I leave it to my assistent to just talk to me and he then sets those things right away?

* I have lost or drawed some return matches in the Spanish Cup or Champions League. I could not say "it was not good enough" to my players, because I won the first match and thus advanced anyway. What talk do you give them in that case?

* Every time the media says that I have an easy match, no matter what I tell them in return, the match will be hard. I often draw or loose these matches. Even versus minor clubs. What do I do to prevent that?

* If a player is sent off, what do you do with the team formation? Do you leave it just the way it is, no matter what position has been sent off, or do you make changes? If so, what should I do?

* Jordi Alba is receiving yellow, 2nd yellow and red cards, like if you just loves both colours. The same for Cesar Azpilicueata. How do I keep my players from being sent off and getting bans all the time?

* At Barcelona, I score a lot of goals, but goals are not evenly divided between my 3 attacking players or my 2 central midfielders. Neymar (AML) has 48 goals, Messi (AMR) 40 and Suarez (SC) 28. OK, Suarez has been out for 2 moths because of injuries, but before his injury he scored less than the other 2 players, too. I would have guessed that Suarez would score more than Messi and Neymar. My both central midfielders, Hazard and Iniesta scored 11 and 8 goals. I would have thought that they should 've scored more like 20 goals.

* How many players do you keep at your club? I've just loaned out about every player that was nog in my first 11 + 10 subs. When I started to get injuries at the club, my squad was sometimes (almost) to narrow, but I managed to keep getting good results. As a result I only used 22 player for my whole season.

* My team is taking a lot of "short indirect corners" (I don't know what to call them in English, sorry) but most of the time they do that when a defender of the opponents is close by and thus the corner has low chance of succes. Could you change this in an update? Or should I do something else here?

My forwards (Messi, Neymar, Suarez) are always tired. If I talk to them they refuse to rest and get mad with me. Only sometimes they accept. What do I do about that?

Progress:

And of season 1, I won La Liga, Spanish Cup, Spanish Super Cup and the Champions League. Got the manager of the year award for that. :)

In La Liga my home record was fabulous: won 17, draw none and lost only 2 matches.

Got 92 points in the whole season and scored 107 with only 34 goals against.

Had some difficult times however, where I drawed and lost some matches.

La Liga awards:

* best young player: no Barcelona player

* best player: 1. Azpilicueta, 2. Alba, 3. Busquets. (Alba was good, but received a load of yellow and red cards)

* best player (Don Balon): 1. Messi, 2. Neymar, 3. Hazard

* best goalkeeper: 3. Ter Stegen

* best goalscorer (Pichichi): 1. Neymar

* best goalscorer (Zamora): no Barcelona

Other awars:

UEFA best player in Europe: 1. Messi, 2. Neymar

UEFA CL dream team: Alba, Pique, Mascherano, Azpilicueta, Hazard, Messi

UEFA CL goal of the tournament: 3. Messi

UEFA CL golden boot: no Barcelona player

Adidas Golden Boot: Neymar

Now advancing to my second season and see how all my loaned out players did it at there respective teams.

@ Fenech: I 've found your guide for training & team talks (click) that you posted here in this topic. It went a lot better after using your tips and tricks. Thanks for that.

I also finally found out where to set the team talk for a specific player. The first matches I just did not see that option, so I gave only team talks and complete defense/midfield/attacker talks.

No I don't have to do that anymore. My team talks are having a lot more good results in morale and how many matches I win.

I have still some questions left:

* If I have my 2-weekly technical advise talk with my staff and I accept their advise on some instructions, will that alter my UD or UC tactic, or with does it stay the same?

* Do I need to accept all pre-match suggestions for Opposition instructions my assistent is telling me about, like apply them all, or set things manually, or can I leave it to my assistent to just talk to me and he then sets those things right away?

* I have lost or drawed some return matches in the Spanish Cup or Champions League. I could not say "it was not good enough" to my players, because I won the first match and thus advanced anyway. What talk do you give them in that case?

* Every time the media says that I have an easy match, no matter what I tell them in return, the match will be hard. I often draw or loose these matches. Even versus minor clubs. What do I do to prevent that?

* If a player is sent off, what do you do with the team formation? Do you leave it just the way it is, no matter what position has been sent off, or do you make changes? If so, what should I do?

* Jordi Alba is receiving yellow, 2nd yellow and red cards, like if you just loves both colours. The same for Cesar Azpilicueata. How do I keep my players from being sent off and getting bans all the time?

* At Barcelona, I score a lot of goals, but goals are not evenly divided between my 3 attacking players or my 2 central midfielders. Neymar (AML) has 48 goals, Messi (AMR) 40 and Suarez (SC) 28. OK, Suarez has been out for 2 moths because of injuries, but before his injury he scored less than the other 2 players, too. I would have guessed that Suarez would score more than Messi and Neymar. My both central midfielders, Hazard and Iniesta scored 11 and 8 goals. I would have thought that they should 've scored more like 20 goals.

* How many players do you keep at your club? I've just loaned out about every player that was nog in my first 11 + 10 subs. When I started to get injuries at the club, my squad was sometimes (almost) to narrow, but I managed to keep getting good results. As a result I only used 22 player for my whole season.

* My team is taking a lot of "short indirect corners" (I don't know what to call them in English, sorry) but most of the time they do that when a defender of the opponents is close by and thus the corner has low chance of succes. Could you change this in an update? Or should I do something else here?

My forwards (Messi, Neymar, Suarez) are always tired. If I talk to them they refuse to rest and get mad with me. Only sometimes they accept. What do I do about that?

Progress:

And of season 1, I won La Liga, Spanish Cup, Spanish Super Cup and the Champions League. Got the manager of the year award for that. :)

In La Liga my home record was fabulous: won 17, draw none and lost only 2 matches.

Got 92 points in the whole season and scored 107 with only 34 goals against.

Had some difficult times however, where I drawed and lost some matches.

La Liga awards:

* best young player: no Barcelona player

* best player: 1. Azpilicueta, 2. Alba, 3. Busquets. (Alba was good, but received a load of yellow and red cards)

* best player (Don Balon): 1. Messi, 2. Neymar, 3. Hazard

* best goalkeeper: 3. Ter Stegen

* best goalscorer (Pichichi): 1. Neymar

* best goalscorer (Zamora): no Barcelona

Other awars:

UEFA best player in Europe: 1. Messi, 2. Neymar

UEFA CL dream team: Alba, Pique, Mascherano, Azpilicueta, Hazard, Messi

UEFA CL goal of the tournament: 3. Messi

UEFA CL golden boot: no Barcelona player

Adidas Golden Boot: Neymar

Now advancing to my second season and see how all my loaned out players did it at there respective teams.

I have posted the team talks guide on here and i am pleased you found it because it saves me searching for it!

i don't give any in game team talks but its up to you.... i dont feel comfortable using them and the players are busy playing to hear what you say and could affect negatively

I dont meet my backroom team at all. i don't take any of the advise, as a manager , these are YOUR decisions, you are the boss, yes they can guide but you should know all this stuff as a good manager anyway, sometimes they get it wrong, in any case, i dont meet with them, they can get on with coaching and i can get on with managing the club.

my assistant is good tactical knowledge and good judge player ability, i tick box, do the opposition instruction, he does them, i dont worry about them.. thats it.

if you win tie despite losing game, then you say like you win! if by one, two or three goals.on agg, then you imagine you won and give the winning talk.

if media says easy match, just say ' i would rather focus on the game than needlessly discuss it' or try no comment. let the media talk, unless you KNOW the right answer, just go neutral or no comment.

i dont use the defensive tactic. I use UD or UD10, the UD10 is for when you have player sent off... you switch to that one and sacrifice the DM...

warn them when get red cards, never fine them. unless really persistently doing it. and dont worry, trust the UD10 tactic to win or draw anyway.

it all depends how teams defend, ur goals can come from anywhere, but if teams are marking suarez alot, the other players will score, if they dont mark him, he will score, i imagine they mark him, and that leaves the other players around him to score instead. i imagine the cms are not as thrifty because messi and neymar are greedy and clean up the space left by the defenders when the blindly follow suarez! :lol:

i tend to prefer smaller squads but im not too fussed, the main thing for me is that you pick the teamsheet based on form and try to forget so much about condition. if you leave too short, you risk injury but you can normally ride it out, if too big, unhappy non starting players can try to disrupt the squad and it only takes one bad egg to ruin a season. so its a juggling act... balance is key and consistency is vital.

never ask players to rest, and never let that affect you picking them, if they are on form, play them anyway, you dont pay these clowns to have a rest... ffs, they must earn their wages.. play them, if they want a rest, they can sleep after the game. dont change the corners, i know, but just leave it as it is. dont change anything.. its perfect the way it is. :thup:

a question.. do u have any playerfilters for us to download? and when to use the defend tactic and is the attacking one the one to use at start every game?

i dont use defend tactic and no player filters to download as no point, the game is so easy to create any filter you want now.. defend tactic was only for some players who were winning one nil and wanted to park coach to see the game through, but i just dont use it myself very often.

Archived