Liverpool Possession Tactic with a Very Attacking intent! Ultimate Doom!

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really dont know about this game anymore, I've gone from having a good run of games to a reaaaaly bad run! Tactic isnt fully fluid yet but the AI is literally unbeatable, have the best GK's and strikers, I managed to draw a game 4-4 by the skin of my teeth, but we've been leaking goals and giving away penalties like its no-one's business! I cant get over it at all! Teams down near the bottom that we should be beating, are killing us!

Sorry to hear this mate. Looks like your defence needs changing. :thup:

Look at this Fine Run by the Ultimate Doom Tactic! And this is despite injuries, 3 players not getting picked due to being unhappy and 1 player out for supporting his team mate! I would rather leave a space on the subs bench then pick a player who has a problem! or on a bid! :) WE ARE THE MANAGERS!

WE ARE NOT THE MOUSES!

ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY DOES NOT = BAD RESULTS!!!

RUN_zpsryezjh1x.png

Hi,

I just started a game with Liverpool - I use the Tactical Doom, but I was unable to have good result with this tactic - So I'd like to understand why? Have you an explanation please?

I have no idea mate. It works very well for me. If you don't win, it is not the tactic, it must be something else.

You will need to explain in detail how you manage and everything you do, maybe you just don't have the players to suit the roles, it could be alot of things, without knowing any details, I can't even hazard a guess as to what it might be...

After my whinge earlier on, our fortunes began to turn around and I'm on a 17 match unbeaten run and have won the 3 Liga with 2 games remaining!! Thank you Fenech!

Sometimes you just need to give the tactic a little time. Success is going from Failure to Failure with no loss of Enthusiasm! :) Well Done :thup:

Have you noticed the high amount of fouls/cards handed out, the team I manage has the worst discipline in the league!

Relentless Pressing and Getting Stuck in!

If you want to win the Fair Play League and give the opposition time and space on the ball to dance a nice merry ring around you, by all mean, stay on feet and close down less!

This is probably the only area where I would agree with Revie over Clough.

If you want to win football matches, get stuck in and press more, close down the keeper even, no mercy! Chelsea and Leeds were very good at this in the seventies. If you look back at dominant championship teams, even man utd and liverpool recently, leeds in the seventies, they had one thing in common, you didn't mess with them, giggsy was exactly like this as well, think of roy keane, even teams that marched above their station like Wimbledon, tipped to get relegated every season, but always defied the odds, but you didnt mess with Vinny Jones.... Give me the worst discipline in the league, ill take that, but ill take the big trophies too, and at the end of the day, I can tell you that I remember that Liverpool last won the league in 1990, but do you remember how many yellow or red cards they got!? Of course not! History doesn't give a jot about it!!

There is nothing wrong with Controlled Aggression if it means you win the ball back quickly and put the opposition under pressure, dont give them any time or space on the ball, this is your game, seize it, control it and WIN IT!!

Always Warn a Player who gets sent off. Never Fine. But Always WARN.

If it is brought up in a media conference just say you don't want to discuss it.

You wouldn't fine if they got straight red for dangerous tackle?

You have to show discipline of course, but a Warning will suffice. always a warning. Never a fine.

In the media you defend the player, then you warn him. These things happen, there was no intent on the part of the player, when you fine him you create a problem, even if the player accepts the fine, he probably thinks its unfair, your telling him to get stuck in, and press, he is only following your instruction.

there is no need to fine the player, its not his fault. and a simple warning will suffice to ward off any accusations of lack of discipline. You support your players and the players will support you, thats another thing that I liked about Revie, he always supported his Leeds players and the players loved him for it. :thup:

Well thanks for your tips and the tactic, while I'm not pulling up any trees as its quite a step up from 3 Liga to the 2 Bundesliga, we are holding our own and should stay up. Once we do, given the prize money they hand out, it should make my task of getting better players easier!

Well thanks for your tips and the tactic, while I'm not pulling up any trees as its quite a step up from 3 Liga to the 2 Bundesliga, we are holding our own and should stay up. Once we do, given the prize money they hand out, it should make my task of getting better players easier!

Consistency is the key... i am sure that once you improve the team, and get players which suit the roles, as long as you maintain a consistent team, you will do very well. :thup:

Have you thought about a counter version...? The contain version is useful for closing a game down, but when I'm 3-0 up in a must win, I am loathed to switch to contain for the second half or after 60 mins...

Hi Mate,

I don't use the contain but if I am 3-0 up , or 2-0 up - I wouldnt change at all, keep it exactly as it is.

The only time you use the Contain is if you are 1-0 up with 5 or 10mins to go... to see out the game.

I personally never use it, it is something I do sometimes, just to have a second tactic trained. The only time I might use it with 30 mins to go is if I am trying hold on to a 1 goal or away goal aggregate lead in the second leg of a major european tie.

If 2-0 up or more - NEVER SWITCH - JUST LET THE UD SEE THE GAME OUT.

All I use though is the UD and the UD10 which is a trained tactic I use for when I go down to 10 men. The contain one is good though for closing out a game where you are leading 1-0 with 5 or 10 mins to go. :thup:

No I don't mate, but it seems to work well for you! I sacrifice the regista, but I pull the 2 inside forwards back one space.. and give them the same instructions as an inside forward. I can post the tactic if you want to take a look. :thup:

Which position do the IFs become then?

Wide Playmaker - Attack?

Just lost a game in the final minutes having had a player sent off.

I will belatedly take up your offer to post your 10 man tactic after all mate if that's still ok :)

Dont know what's going on this season, havent won a game since we lost in the cup (that was 11 games ago) Tactic is fluid but I did sign 11 players, which I can only assume is causing this slump.

yes mate, that would contribute, but it could be other things as well. just remember that stability is crucial. :thup:

He Fenech!

Great tactic so far!! Started with Spurs en just beat man city with 3-1! I have a few questions about the tactic. I have made a account just for this :p

When signing players. How do you negotiate? Players are asking way to much signing and commission fee. I'm still learning how to get a good finance structure and i really need help with this.

Also when playing the game. When you are struggling with attacking what do you change? You just set tempo to normal?

He Fenech!

Great tactic so far!! Started with Spurs en just beat man city with 3-1! I have a few questions about the tactic. I have made a account just for this :p

When signing players. How do you negotiate? Players are asking way to much signing and commission fee. I'm still learning how to get a good finance structure and i really need help with this.

Also when playing the game. When you are struggling with attacking what do you change? You just set tempo to normal?

When negotiating with players, always lower the expectations a little, then listen carefully to what the agent says, it may be that you just give him what he is looking for, or some players will come down in expectation, it is a balancing act, so you want to save money but you also want the player. If other clubs are coming in for the player, you need to offer a bit more, I normally try to lower the weekly wage and pay out lots of bonus's as well, so you want a bonus for winning trophies, a bonus for goals scored, clean sheets, it stands to reason that if a player is getting extra money for winning things, he will play better for you, so I always look to increase the bonus and at the end of the day, if you do win the trophy, if that player does get the goal landmark, if the player does keep lots of clean sheets or scores lots of goal, if your team does win the team of the year, then your club is making more than enough money to cover the bonus, so bonus them up and cut them down on the pick up pay, pay they get for nothing, but it does vary on player to player and how much you want the player, how much the player is wanted and the personality of the agent. some agents say make me a reasonable offer or these talks will end, well you know that you have to give the player the basic and squad status he wants. dont worry about squad status so much as you can always change it once the player signs and they no longer get upset about this.

A great tip is if your negotiating and the negotiation doesnt go as you would like and the agent is asking for so much money and you cant afford it or dont want to pay it, just accept the contract, go forward one day and go into your transfers screen and withdraw the offer with the little x on the right hand side, wait one day and then go back into your transfers screen and the player will still be there, the club will accept the exact same deal that you had before, it will already be set up for you and then you negotiate with the player all over again.

NEVER WITHDRAW FROM PLAYER NEGOTIATION UNLESS YOU DONT WANT THE PLAYER AS HE WILL SPEND A WEEK OR SO SULKING BEFORE YOU CAN NEGOTIATE WITH HIM AGAIN.

Another tip is that you don't have to pay the full amount of the player up front, you can spread the cost, so you pay so much in advance and the rest after 40 or 50 games, it can take upto 3 seasons for a player to play that amount of games, so you can really make the transfer kitty go a long way by using this method.

I tend not to struggle, but when I do struggle, I NEVER CHANGE ANYTHING. Just keep it as it is, if at the end of the game they have won, fair play, but it is not for you to change, the moment you change, you expose a weakness in your plan, If it isnt working, its not the tactic that needs to change, it is normally a player is not playing well and you must become adept at working out which players need to change and timing is crucial.

My general rule of thumb would be....

FIRST HALF!

Is a player on 6.5 or below and a Yellow Card - Take him off

Is a player below 6.0 - take him off...

Try not to make any subs before half time. 1 at the most!

SECOND HALF!

55-60 minutes: Is a player 6.5 or below take him off

60-65 minutes: Is a player 6.5 or below or is the player demonstrating negative body language or Is the players (match fitness) 2nd figure 65% or below.

75-80 minutes: Is a player 6.5 or below or is the player demonstrating negative body language or Is the player on a Yellow Card or Is the players (match fitness) 2nd figure 85% or below.

Just be careful not to waste a substitution and use common sense. sometimes you can switch it up a bit on the pitch, so dont be afraid to do that, e.g. with Mata at Man U, I played him as the inside forward on the right, I played Hererra in the Advanced playmaker role, final of champions league, 0-0 against Chelsea, 70mins gone. I wanted to take Hererra off as I could see he was struggling, I could of made a number of like for like changes, but I didn't fancy the players coming on, so I moved mata into the advanced playmaker role even though he is not a natural in that position, but i put a crucial player in the centre, it then allowed me to put Janujaz into the right inside forward position and we won the game after that. so you can make powerful changes without changing the tactic. I would never change the tempo or anything else to do with the tactic.. I have said it before, more often than not, you change anything and you still lose and I have lost count of the numbers of time when you make smaller but still powerful changes and you come back and win. I hope this helps. :thup:

Final 3 games of my season were Spanish cup final , last la liga game (just need to match Real Madrids result) and lastly the CL final.

Win the cup 5-0 :)

Draw against 5th place Majorca and Real win 2-0 so level on points

Lose league as although we won 1-0 at home, Real won the reverse fixture 4-1 :(

CL final

Chelski equalise in 90th minute.

Rakitic sent off in extra time.

Alba injured as has to be withdrawn having already used my 3 subs so down to 9 men with 20 mins of ET to go.

They miss their first 2 pens

We have a pen to win CL ... We then miss our next 4 in a row and lose :( :(

Love his game :D

Final 3 games of my season were Spanish cup final , last la liga game (just need to match Real Madrids result) and lastly the CL final.

Win the cup 5-0 :)

Draw against 5th place Majorca and Real in 2-0 so level on points

Lose league as although we won 1-0 at home, Real won the reverse fixture 4-1 :(

CL final

Chelski equalise in 90th minute.

Rakitic sent off in extra time.

Alba injured as has to be withdrawn having already used my 3 subs so down to 9 men with 20 mins of ET to go.

They miss their first 2 pens

We have a pen to win CL ... We then miss our next 4 in a row and lose :( :(

Love his game :D

WoW! so close, don't worry about it. This happened to Leeds in 1970, i think they lost the league by one point to Arsenal, the lost the champions league in the semis and the fa cup final in a replay in 1970 to chelsea, if you played those games in the seventies, no one would of got sent off!

WoW! so close, don't worry about it. This happened to Leeds in 1970, i think they lost the league by one point to Arsenal, the lost the champions league in the semis and the fa cup final in a replay in 1970 to chelsea, if you played those games in the seventies, no one would of got sent off!

I got a message saying I'd broken the record for worst disciplinary over the season :)

Will have to check how many yellow and reds I got over the season ...

Most of the reds arent second yellows but for 2 footed waist high tackles :D

I got a message saying I'd broken the record for worst disciplinary over the season :)

Will have to check how many yellow and reds I got over the season ...

Most of the reds arent second yellows but for 2 footed waist high tackles :D

It's not your fault mate, some of these referees today, probably take Ballet lessons! The Quality of Referee was much better in the Seventies. ;)

Fenech, may I test your tactic. Please send it to generalrommel@gmail.com

I want to see if it works with Marseille :)

You can download it from the opening thread. Cheers. :thup:

It doesnt need testing though, I have already tested it with three different teams and posted the outstanding results, so if it goes wrong, it won't be the tactic mate. :thup:

tactic was going really well last season as Leicester, finished in 8th and was predicted to get relegated. This season not so good. However I have brought in a lot of new players so I assume its a familiarity issue here?

Or just that my defenders aren't great?

anyone else experienced this??

tactic was going really well last season as Leicester, finished in 8th and was predicted to get relegated. This season not so good. However I have brought in a lot of new players so I assume its a familiarity issue here?

Or just that my defenders aren't great?

anyone else experienced this??

Well signing lots of new players won't help. Consistency is key! But to be fair, it could be anything and without watching you play it would be impossible to guess what it might be. But a tactic doesn't suddenly become bad after one season, there is a reason for it. The reason is not the tactic. :thup:

Inter no transfer so far P-17 W-12 D-5 L-0 FOR-39 AG -13 GD-26. Great job with this tactics.

Yes great job, well done, the tactic is great, but unless you also manage well, you won't win anything, so your success is also down to your good management in the game and consistency too.

Archived