workers-stadium-beijing-olympic-soccer-stadium-nc.jpg

11th July 2062

FIFA World Cup Semi Final

SCOTLAND vs Argentina

The Workers' Stadium, Beijing

EbKhMiz.png

UvMqxhF.png

dYcYKCy.png

Our toughest hurdle yet, but we're over it, and we're going to be in Beijing on Sunday for the grand finale.

Argentina put up a much better fight than anyone else has, to the point where we had to pretty much physically fight to match them. A lot of bookings, but we limited them to a lot of shots off-target. They scored first, then we got it to 2-1. They equalised, and we went into extra-time a very leggy side. I could see the dream evaporating after two heroic performances, but - of all people - Allan Hardie, Dundee United captain got his second halfway through extra-time.

We've beaten France. We've beaten Portugal. And now we've beaten Argentina. Surely we can't lose now?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sports_scotland-football-badge.png

Living up to a Legend is a Pain in the Archie

A Scottish (or something) Career

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Wednesday 12th July 2062

sxVtiot.png

Italy will be kicking themselves. They led for a long, long time before an 85th minute equaliser took things to extra-time. Then, as we watched on, they fought it out for another thirty minutes, inseparable, before Croatia won out on penalties.

fLPSEu3.png

We'll head to the Bird's Nest to face Croatia, and although I'm trying not to, I'm seeing this as a winnable final.

Fantastic results so far! Those early knockout rounds in particular :eek:

It must be your year, although no World Cup final is easy per se, it would have to go down as a big choke if you beat France, Portugal and Argentina and then lose the final to Croatia :D.

Though the other side of that coin, of course, is that they would have beaten Mexico, Germany and Italy to then lose to Scotland ;)

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Sunday 12th July 2062

82163825_3116085b.jpg

12th July 2062

FIFA World Cup Final

SCOTLAND vs Croatia

The Birds Nest Stadium, Beijing

cHOfPjc.png

We're in a World Cup Final, and we're favourites. I'm off to find a paper-bag to hyperventilate into.

zYj47wa.png

I've seen this headline at every stage so far this tournament, but now it really is judgement day. Hamish managed two finals appearances, losing the first to Brazil (heavily) in 2034 and the second to France on penalties four years later, but he never did win the thing, and in both matches we were well and truly the underdog. This is new territory. Win it, and I think most Scotland fans would put Archie above Hamish. This is a chance for immortality.

EdjgvCl.png

I'm imagining Sauchiehall Street will see the biggest party since...well...the previous Saturday night I suppose.

sr1OV1p.png

A quick note in the current standings in terms of personal awards, and a good game tonight can see us top the goals, average rating and assists tables. After his heroics in the semi, I want Allan Hardie to preside over a 2-0 win where he scores one and assists the other, scored of course by Bobby Nicol. Or Farningham, I'm not really bothered.

eUsILOc.png

Croatia have had a good route to the final, winning all but one game. Some very impressive performances in there, and without doubt they deserve to be here.

4fuuqkR.png

Well, we all know Scotland's route to the final. We've scored, on average, a touch under four goals a game. Unfortunately, we've also conceded a little over a goal a game. So if you're rounding up, that means this game should, of course, finish 4-1 to us.

Of course I'm being facetious. We haven't defended well enough, as evidenced by our two draws. If we can win to nil today, I'll take it all back.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Sunday 12th July 2062

82163825_3116085b.jpg

12th July 2062

FIFA World Cup Final

SCOTLAND vs Croatia

uVzhIMm.png

Croatia line up in the same system that Argentina used, but hopefully with a little less quality. We line up the same way we always have. Nicol and Farningham are up top, but there's no place for Allan Hardie, who didn't recover from a knock in the semi-final in time. Big miss, and it does mean that my prophecy of him topping every single stat table will not come to pass.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Sunday 12th July 2062

82163825_3116085b.jpg

12th July 2062

FIFA World Cup Final

SCOTLAND vs Croatia

yr9Z9h6.png

200.gif

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Sunday 12th July 2062

82163825_3116085b.jpg

12th July 2062

FIFA World Cup Final

SCOTLAND vs Croatia

p0VVqsT.png

Xbes16J.png

SZjDPCO.png

We did it. An unbelievable end to an unbelievable tournament for us. We went ahead early, then threatened to really run away with it in a first half we dominated. When we got the second just thirteen seconds into the second half, it looks like it was party time, but Croatia got a goal back. The fear set in from then, the game swinging in their direction.

They had a lot of good chances, but then as the clock ran down, we threw on Scott Brown for a tiring Bobby Nicol. I wanted him just to keep the ball, hopefully put some pressure on tired Croatian legs. But I wasn't prepared for what he actually did. He took on three Croatian defenders and then calmly slotted it past the keeper in the 80th minute to put us two clear, and then as Croatia searched in vain for a way back into the game, he raced clear, kept his composure, and put in the 4th. Think Petit in the 98 final.

World Cup Winners.

Just let that sink in.

I've been willing to read this thread for a while but can't be arsed as it's so big. :D Sounds like a good time to join in even though I don't know what happened before - congratulations on winning the World Cup!!

I've been willing to read this thread for a while but can't be arsed as it's so big. :D Sounds like a good time to join in even though I don't know what happened before - congratulations on winning the World Cup!!

Alright, for those that are in the same boat, here's a potted history...

*takes deep breath*

- Take over Scotland

- Make almost the same arse of qualifying as we did in real life, but qualify from play-offs

- Beat England in Euro 2016, but give Roy Hodgson a cuddle anyway when we're both eliminated fairly early on

- Give Ryan Gauld debut and commission a shrine

- Fall out with Steven Fletcher (not like him to fall out with a Scotland boss)

- Begin multi-year feud with Eddie Howe

- Reach the quarter finals of the World Cup thanks to a wonderful win against Argentina in the second round, before being pumped by Italy in the next

- Win Euro 2024 having long since turned Eddie Howe into a seething mess

- Reach the semi finals of the World Cup against all odds, and then come so close to retaining the Euros in 2028

- Begin horrible spiral that sees us relegated from the Nations League, and not qualify for World Cup 2030

- Roar back to reach the latter stages of the Euros, and reach two World Cup finals.

- Win the Euros again, and the Confederations Cup

- Knock down Ryan Gauld's shrine, rebuild one to regen superstar Peter Dailly, who retires after scoring 438 (ok, about 140) goals in his career, breaking every record

- Finally end Hamish's career by failing to secure the World Cup, then losing in the final of a home European Championships in front of a packed Hampden

Then on to Archie

- Start at Airdrie, and do not bad at all, gain promotion

- Get head turned by a much bigger club in Hearts

- Do apocalyptically bad, quickly pack my things and flee Edinburgh

- End up at Ross County, do pretty well, but end up sacked due to "my conduct in the media"

- Cry a little bit, and hop on a boat to Belfast, taking over Linfield

- Go on to absolutely dominate the country, winning the vast majority of available trophies, and spend one glorious season in the Champions League Group Stage

- Leave when everything was achieved, and sail back to Scotland, where I take over at Kilmarnock.

- End the season well, but then start the next one appallingly, get sacked

- Grow Movember 'tache

- Follow in Dad's footsteps and take over a national team - Ireland

- Qualify and then make it to the quarters of the Euros with a decent display

- Leave of my own accord (yay!) and decide that I haven't had enough of failure in Scotland. Join Aberdeen

- Get sacked. Naturally.

- Manage to secure my dream job at Partick Thistle

- Have some pretty good success, including almost winning the title

- Get head turned by Dundee United and their riches

- Have great succ...nah, I got sacked.

- Join Poland National team, have a good few years with them including a run to the final of a home tournament

- Finally join Scotland, where I actually start to have some success.

Alright, for those that are in the same boat, here's a potted history...

*takes deep breath*

(long list of things)

So you retired your manager and created another one after a while?

Sounds like you've had absolutely incredible success at international level with both managers, but struggled quite a bit at club level with the 2nd manager. Any idea why?

Great career anyway. :thup:

So you retired your manager and created another one after a while?

Sounds like you've had absolutely incredible success at international level with both managers, but struggled quite a bit at club level with the 2nd manager. Any idea why?

Great career anyway. :thup:

Yeah, when Hamish retired, Archie was added right away. I've always liked doing that as part of saves because I feel if you just start again, then you're repeating a lot. You go back through having to deal with all the real players, and I've always found that meeting the new regens is the most fun part. It also adds a bit more of the unknown into it.

As to why I'm so terrible at club management, I'm not really sure. I wasn't universally terrible - I did alright with Partick Thistle, Airdrie and Linfield - but for the most part I was. Lasted less than a year in most of the club jobs I had. I don't think it helped that I kept promising I'd do well in the media, then steadfastly refused to actually do any of the media stuff. Still disagree with that being a mark against, but it did mean that whenever something went wrong, it always looked worse in the board's eyes.

International Management just seems to suit me better. No transfers, which sometimes I get carried away with, and the games are a lot more important. I think I subconsciously - or perhaps consciously - put more effort into those games because there's simply less of them. With club teams I end up just charging through the games and not putting the effort in that I would normally. That might be it, or it could be something completely different

So what's up next for forameuss, the man, the myth?

Archie still has a bit of work to do. Ideally I'd like to add the Euros and Confederations Cup to the list, then I can really say I've done better than Hamish. Winning a second World Cup would also be not too bad.

I would also quite like to stay until Bobby Nicol retires, see if I can have him break Peter Dailly's record, but that's a long way away.

After Archie...well, there's definitely going to be a part 3.

Fantastic achievement on the world cup, break out the buckfast

You know, I've never had a single drop of buckfast in my life. I've failed my country :(

Archie's got one over on the old man. :applause:

Hamish is raging. He may be 87, but he can still do fury like no-one else.

Awesome!!!

Would love a screenshot of each player in the WC-winning squad, if you have time. No worries if not :thup:

Congrats on finally lifting the WC!

I'll see if I have a save that goes back that long. I did start saving with a new file for each one, purely so I could go back in time to certain points, but not sure where that came in.

I don't think it helped that I kept promising I'd do well in the media, then steadfastly refused to actually do any of the media stuff. Still disagree with that being a mark against, but it did mean that whenever something went wrong, it always looked worse in the board's eyes.

In the "wish list" thread in GQ, I said I wanted a "Popovich" tone for press conferences:

:D

"Tortorella" tone would be good, but I suppose you can already do that with assertive/aggressive:

:applause:This is so great. Had to catch up with the story a couple of pages back, but what a finale!! Congratulations, I forgive you for not taking the Hibs job:D keep on going, Hamish grandson is waiting to keep the family legend going.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

S2IwLsh.png

mIwIlGp.png

avJLfoe.png

I can't actually imagine what would happen if we did win the World Cup. I probably would be dancing long into the night though to be fair.

DSNubL8.png

It's a good question, and one that always deserves comment following a tournament. Where do we go now? Well, Archie is sticking around, even though he's pretty much achieved the one objective he set himself. My aim is now to win the Euros, and to a lesser extent the Confederations Cup. We have a few good young players that can be present for years to come, so I think the future's bright.

SbRfgl3.png

We missed out on the Golden Boot thanks to the Belgian striker only playing four games. Allan Hardie didn't play in the final, and neither Farninham nor Nicol scored. I don't really care though, to be honest.

TJVERII.png

iNWyo9j.png

A big moment for Willie Stevenson as he was voted the best player at the competition. Allan Hardie came in 2nd, and Alan Miller won Best Young Player. Wonderful few weeks for us.

ybvV3Ng.png

I know we won the tournament, but it's still amazing to me to see so many of our players in the Dream Team. 7 of the 23 came from our squad, including 5 in the starting 11.

Scottish National Team

European Nations League

yk010YR.png

QZ3gYWI.png

Our unbeaten run that stretched all the way back to March of 2061 is now over thanks to a heavy defeat against Serbia. No matter though, as we gained promotion anyway with Serbia dropping points against Greece. Bobby Nicol announced himself to the World over the Summer, but if there was any doubt as to his potential, there surely isn't now with him scoring nine goals in six games.

Scottish National Team

European Championship Qualifying

j9pGzdn.png

Unfortunately, World Cup winners don't even get to be in the top pot. I composed a letter to Michel Platini, but was then told that he had turned the gun on himself after a bloody siege at FIFA Headquarters in 2021. Awful.

CNp1F3s.png

Anyway, here's why we're in pot 2. To be honest, it's pretty understandable, with UEFA using a much longer ranging system that's far too boring to explain. While World Rankings can fluctuate wildly, these seem a lot more stable, which means we'll probably need to wait until we're confirmed as a proper pot 1 side in this draw. With two qualifying though, we should still be able to get through fine.

oxqnzS0.png

efOqZeV.png

2QEFON4.png

alNxH6j.png

NFAbjJn.png

ICp7sBJ.png

It's dream/nightmare time again...

Dream Draw: Faroe Islands, San Marino, Moldova, Albania, SCOTLAND, England

Nightmare: Cyprus, Ireland, Austria, SCOTLAND, France

This was actually quite tough to do this time around. I'm almost purely going on historic clashes with the sides, which is obviously not the best given how teams can slip and rise. I'll always choose England though, because I love battering them every campaign...I wouldn't like France though. Even though we beat them soundly at the World Cup, I don't want to tempt fate again.

6evSkQd.png

(Italy were the final side drawn)

I talked about not wanting France due to the beating we handed out, so instead we got Portugal. They'll be itching to set us straight after that 6-0. The rest...meh. Romania could be tough, but they're not what they once were.

Scottish National Team

You know what? I really don't have it in me to go through and update the qualifying campaign in the full match-per-post fashion. You're going to get a condensed version with the same information available but linked to. Should mean I get to catch up with where I am a lot quicker.

Scottish National Team

Round 1

m2kevKZ.png

What better way to start things off than with a trip to Lisbon to face the toughest game in the group? Winning it 4-2 of course. The double act of Farningham and Nicol once again produces the goods - and three goals - putting us clear at the top already. A draw between Romania and Lithuania doesn't do much for the former's profile, and it's an altogether great day for us.

fuWzIrj.png

Match Report

Player Ratings

Match Stats

Round 2

8xdwCc9.png

Portugal are clearly a wounded animal at this stage, but they're going to have to go some to catch us now. We're rampant at this stage, and a win at Hampden against Portugal in the return should see us win the group regardless of what we do elsewhere (within reason, barring a spectacular collapse)

XXzIigw.png

Match Report

Player Ratings

Match Stats

Scottish National Team

Round 3

El2wShY.png

Portugal would have gladly swapped places with us to try and cut some of the gap, but instead it's ourselves that play, and we stroll through the match away in Lithuania, with another Bobby Nicol brace. Ooft. Romania seem like a shell of the side that we had so many battles against, struggling to a draw with Moldova.

We move six points clear with that win, leaving Portugal with a big task on to overhaul the gap.

gh9Nna9.png

Match Report

Player Ratings

Match Stats

Round 4

svT4Ybx.png

Another easy, easy win for us, and we move nine points clear of Portugal with them sitting out a second round of games. Romania finally won a game, and impressively so.

2HODAlK.png

Match Report

Player Ratings

Match Stats

Just a note, don't worry, this hasn't died. I have a massive backlog of screenshots to get through and post up, to the point where I'm now...6? I'm thinking 6...years ahead of where I last posted. The past couple of weeks haven't really lent themselves to posting much, as I ended up trading in a suspected sinus infection for pneumonia and a few days in hospital. Just getting over it now, and back to work, which gives me a small chance to update during downtime. Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon.

Scottish National Team

Round 5

HrkdqyN.png

We sit out this round of qualifying, allowing the other sides to steal a march on us. We were in friendly action though, absolutely dominating a poor Ecuador side 4-0.

Back in the matches that matter though, Portugal look ominously good going forward, but 7-3 is one of those scorelines that raises more questions than answers. If they defend like that against us, I fancy us to limit their chances and really rub in the pain for them. In the other game, Moldova beat Lithuania. blah blah blah.

Round 6

JsejDlF.png

Portugal are on fire, and even managed to limit their opponents just to two goals this time. They still scored six, making it thirteen in two games. I'm not worried though, a good result against them when we meet will pretty much secure us the top spot. Especially when we're doing the job in our other matches - 4-1 against fallen giants Romania.

tgXL2vk.png

Still six points of a difference at the top, although Portugal have that game in hand. They're in sudden death now - they have to make sure they drop no more points, especially against us, to top the group. Although I doubt they'll be panicking - even if they lose to us, if they win the rest of their games they should qualify as one of the best second place sides.

Match Report

Player Ratings

Match Stats

Scottish National Team

Round 7

TNj774S.png

Balls.

Portugal were just better than us on the day, and now it'll probably come down to head-to-head should we both win the rest of our games. However, we are currently ahead on that 5-4 thanks to our 4-2 win in Lisbon. Win the rest of our games, and we'll still top the group.

ODypwcA.png

Match Report

Player Ratings

Match Stats

Round 8

bkuPCo8.png

Portugal did their job, but so did we. Two dominant wins for the big dogs in the group, and it'll go down to the final two games. We sit out the first round, before playing Romania on the final day.

zS6BM8d.png

Match Report

Player Ratings

Match Stats

Scottish National Team

Round 9

roRL1jE.png

Portugal keep up the pressure, and that win in their game in hand draws them level with us at the top. We hold the advantage, so a win will see us top the group. The loser will also go through thanks to only dropping three points so far.

So really, what I'm saying is that there is absolutely no peril whatsoever in these games.

Round 10

nLCb7OR.png

Portugal did their business early, whereas we were a little more stodgy and lethargic. Still, we did enough, and Romania's goal back was only a consolation. We top the group, despite an inferior goal difference, thanks purely to that big win in Lisbon.

kOvvKeX.png

I'd have liked to have conceded less goals, as there were a few during this campaign that were avoidable. Still, when you take out the four against the top seeds (remember, we were still seeded 2nd) we did not bad.

Match Report

Player Ratings

Match Stats

ZPReKKN.png

MPsjJE8.png

Scottish National Team

March Friendly

You're bored, Spring is almost here, and you're looking for something to do.

Might as well play England then.

k0DO5oA.png

If this is what we can expect in the Summer, the neutrals will be thrilled. A friendly in all but name as both sides went at it hard. It was 3-1 after just 23 minutes, and from there we looked pretty good value for our lead. A late collapse saw England rescue a draw, and although that's really disappointing, our performance through the rest of the game was a joy to behold.

Bring on the Euros.

Scottish National Team

European Championships Draw

Kqrt91V.pngZtcXikn.png

ox7boYy.png

A rundown of how the groups went down. No real surprises anywhere, although interesting to see how Georgia have improved over the years.

mZnilEu.png

After that, Northern Ireland, Bulgaria, Romania and Macedonia all made it through with the final playoff spots.

eNtSQIM.png

All that meant that we were given a pretty tough group for the tournament proper. We're World Champions, and arguably the best side in the group, but Belgium, Spain and Norway are all tough sides to face.

JSd5dCJ.pngxNnR59N.png

Scottish National Team

European Championships Squad

A while back someone asked me for a rundown of my squads, so around 40 years later, here's a detailed look at who I've called up for the Euros.

k2wndqq.png

Y01L6gl.png

cTGHAjK.png

Players

Jim Dickson (GK)

Conor Robertson (GK)

Paul Masson (GK)

The goalkeeper situation has gotten a little better. Conor Robertson will be our number one, with Dickson probably deputising should he be needed. However, we do have Paul Masson in reserve, who is very highly rated from a potential standpoint. It's actually disappointing that I've not been able to give him more games. We're playing at such a high level these days that we can't really afford to throw in an inexperienced keeper. Way back we had a youngster from Celtic who came in when we had literally no-one else, meaning I pretty much had to play him, but when we have Robertson there, I can't really justify it. Still, happy enough with our options.

Ciaran Tindal (DR)

Ben Smith (DR)

Stevie Scott (DC)

William McPherson (DC)

Tom Smith (DC)

Willie Hill (DC)

Ryan Davidson (DL)

Euan MacDonald (DL)

The right back position worries me. Ciaran Tindal is the undisputed first choice there, but if he's injured than we're going to have to play Ben Smith there, who is naturally a center back. Otherwise, we're looking good. A good selection of proper Scottish names in there too. Presumably we'll lose Willie Hill at some point during the tournament for betting irregularities. Fnar.

Paul Reilly (MC)

Craig Dunn (MC)

Richard Johnston (ML)

Robert Beattie (MC)

George Watson (MR)

Alan Miller (MR)

Allan Hardie (ML)

Martin Finnie (ML)

Ryan Moore (MC)

A hotch-potch of midfielders, and, I know, probably too many wide players. Quite a few of those can play centrally though, and we'll no doubt be making use of that as the tournament goes on.

Bobby Nicol (SC)

Derek McInally (SC)

Willie Stevenson (SC)

Now this is interesting, and a bit of a risk. Willie Stevenson, as you'll see, is not really a striker. Despite being a natural MR, with the ability to play up front, he's listed as a forward in every squad I pick. I had wanted to pick as many midfielders as I could, but to be honest, in hindsight, picking Stevenson ahead of a natural striker could be a mistake, given we play 4-4-2 predominantly. Nicol and McInally will be the starters, and God help us if we get any injuries.

8afR6xO.png

Scottish National Team

European Championships - Pre-tournament Friendlies

HgaA7rs.png

Zr1unLX.png

oaBsHu5.png

Two expected victories, but one disappointing draw at Hampden before we headed to Spain. Not the best preparation, but it doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme of things.

Scottish National Team

European Championships - Spain '64

640x360_camp_nou.v1353400161.jpg

13th June 2064

European Championships Group A

SCOTLAND vs Norway

Nou Camp, Barcelona

cjEC9Qs.png

aDhVKTJ.png

CmuvRR1.png

pSqBJJh.png

Don't think we've ever kicked off a tournament before, but we did in the magnificent setting of the Nou Camp. We also served up quite a feast of football for the fans, albeit one that got a bit hairy at times for us. We went 2-0 down early on, and suddenly the World Champions were reeling. But we roared back over the course of 20 second half minutes to go 3-2 ahead, and ended up winning the game.

And breathe.

Scottish National Team

Saturday 14th June 2064

Cip1t3u.png

Sunday 15th June 2064

GPXz3B1.png

Monday 16th June 2064

fTCNuJB.png

Tuesday 17th June 2064

B7RqjmT.png

Scottish National Team

BernabeuEstadio_1412599011.407.jpg?itok=nOk9fiq_

18th June 2064

Belgium vs SCOTLAND

Santiago Bernabeau, Madrid

rkg9EzP.png

byz79ei.png

qibkD8o.png

pZAsXWm.png

So far, so good. Another win means we're very likely to top the group, but absolutely certain of finishing in the top 2. That should give us a better draw in the next round, which is always good. We still have Spain to play, so it'll be a battle between the hosts and ourselves to see who tops the group.

BrxvA62.png

Scottish National Team

estadio-mestalla-aragon-east.jpg

22nd June 2064

Spain vs SCOTLAND

Mestalla, Valencia

6CFORol.png

oAg8O8B.png

FVsSFop.png

zG2ahIL.png

Yup. I've no idea what happened either. It was 1-0, then it was 3-1, then it was 3-3, then it was 7-3, 7-4, 8-4, 8-5. A neutral would be having an absolute field day, but I don't think either side could really be happy with their performance. Spain more so though, as at least they outscored us. An absolutely baffling game, and one that means we'll finish second in our group. Disappointing, but we need to get over it soon and make sure we don't get a repeat.

ZaNCbbS.png

Scottish National Team

x5qa9Zl.png

We'll return to the Camp Nou for a second round match against Wales. A decent draw, and a bit of local needle added to the match. It's one we should get through though.

5xeLsKn.png

We face a pretty decent run to a potential final too, avoiding France, Spain, Holland and England. We'll face either Sweden or Croatia should we get to the quarter finals, then potentially Italy or Portugal in the semis. Winnable.

Scottish National Team

640x360_camp_nou.v1353400161.jpg

28th June 2064

European Championships Second Round

SCOTLAND vs Wales

Camp Nou, Barcelona

F89mbSH.png

zQyfTGs.png

X7vSZ8U.png

WN6H4Ua.png

Bobby Nicol finally arrived on the scene properly with a brace here. I know he got a goal against Spain, but events elsewhere kind of overshadowed that. He also scored against Belgium, but this is the first time he's properly done his thing. Two goals in five minutes turned a tied game into a 3-1 lead, with George Watson rounding it off with a fourth. Very impressive, and just what we needed following the absolute pumping Spain gave us.

1xihPIR.png

Scottish National Team

Sunday 29th June 2064

kF9FG7m.png

Croatia booked a quarter final tie against us with an easy win against Sweden. That'll be a repeat of the World Cup Final two years ago. What I wouldn't give for a repeat of that performance. Northern Ireland put up a fight against Spain, but it was all for nothing. Another 4-1 win, and they're going home. Serbia, like Romania, are another unfancied side who really shot up the rankings, getting to the latter stages of a lot of tournaments. They've dipped back down though, and they exited this summers tournament without as much as a whimper.

Monday 30th June 2064

7av8GG3.png

The dream of a meeting in the final against England is over as France spoil the party. I'm now expecting us both to make it there, with France getting revenge for two years ago by absolutely routing us. In the other match, Portugal needed extra time to dispatch a poor Romania side who only qualified through the last chance playoffs.

y9hsjOl.png

The tournament is shaping up nicely now. I'm calling France, Spain, Italy and ourselves to make up the semi-final line-up, but as always seems to be the case now, there are going to be a few surprises.

Archived