[FM16] If I had a Nicol for every goal, I'd have just over six dollars

forameuss

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just read my way through this entire thing. Hands down, best career I've ever read on FM. Fantastic stuff, brilliantly written, genuinely made me crack up laughing a few times. Leep it up, I need something to keep me entertained and this is doing a great job.

i know this is an incredibly sad thing to say, but I'm really happy that a person i dont know has taken a made up job in a computer game.

bring on the updates :)

:D Very kind, and wouldn't worry - the World is enthralled with the journey of the Glengarries!

Well done with Poland. Can't wish you good luck with Scotland!

Only because we're now the dominant team in the British Isles of course :p

I've just read my way through this entire thing. Hands down, best career I've ever read on FM. Fantastic stuff, brilliantly written, genuinely made me crack up laughing a few times. Leep it up, I need something to keep me entertained and this is doing a great job.

Thanks for the kind words. Not sure I'd be that effusive about it, but I'm glad people are enjoying it. Hopefully I can keep it up.

sports_scotland-football-badge.png

Living up to a Legend is a Pain in the Archie

A Scottish (or something) Career

Scottish National Team

Here we go then, my first games as Scotland boss in the second age of Glengarrie. First up it's the Nations League.

LigMPDy.png

4f72hQH.png

Oops.

Not exactly the most auspicious start to life at Hampden as we get relegated from Division A. Sure it's not the most important competition we'll play in, and a relegation doesn't really mean anything, but still, it's not great.

No matter though, it's on to World Cup Qualifiers next, where we should be able to give a better display.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup Qualifying - Group Draw

dYAZ1La.png

lGGMrbe.png

aCtL3Rh.png

otIGhm6.png

1ZoH9PT.png

iIoLonN.png

'sakes. Hamish had us in pot 1, but since then we've fallen. Pot 2 makes it a little more difficult to qualify given that only one from the group goes through automatically. It all depends on who the pot 1 team we draw is, but nowadays you need to drop five points at the very most. Ideally, you need to trade wins with the top seed. It'll be tough.

UuSVjZa.png

200.gif

A Glengarrie will go face-to-face with an England manager once again.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup Qualifying

kz20u96.png

AxDl5N9.png

Not a bad way to start things, a trip to Wembley.

Squad-wise, we get stronger as you move up the pitch. In midfield and up front, we're good. Especially up front, as Martin Farningham - although getting on a bit - still has something to offer. There are also a number of players coming up in the youth squads that can take his place. But we are going to struggle for quality in goals and in defence. The former especially. I had this problem latterly when Hamish was in charge, but lucked out with a highly rated youth coming in. Let's hope that happens again.

VPrdlXb.png

As I said, we start off with a match at Wembley, while Montenegro and Georgia battle it out.

Scottish National Team

AK409833_393high.jpg

25th March 2061

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying Group 4

England vs SCOTLAND

Wembley Stadium, London

ZyX1OsX.png

(Apologies for the big screenshot region selector in the middle of the shot, not sure what happened)

Tried to match up to England as well as possible, but at this stage I'm still trying to find the best way to play our own game. I'd be happy scraping a draw.

1Z896ud.png

6M48Vg6.png

DrlUg9m.png

Unfortunately, England ran out fairly comfortable winners in the end. Good old Danny Death got the double, before Martin Farningham pulled one back. First blood to England in the group, and we'll now be looking to Hampden for a chance at revenge. Of course, we still have to beat everyone else in the group first.

fevVHoO.png

xMoktZS.png

Georgia also picked up a 2-1 win, so they have an early advantage over us in the group. Remember we still have to make that nightmare trip to Tbilisi, a place which, as you'll remember, doesn't hold nice memories for Scotland.

B6K2SSG.png

And next up, it's a home match against Montenegro, while England travel to Slovakia for their first match of the campaign.

Are there any players in your squad from your Partick/DU teams?

I was sure I'd put club as part of the squad view, but realise now that I didn't. I'm not actually sure to be honest. I've been away from club football for so much of my FM16 life that I don't really notice this anymore. I'd be very surprised if there are any Thistle players though, as they're still pretty terrible. Dundee United...I'd imagine so. I don't think I covered it, but once I left them they went on a run of four titles in a row I believe. Including the season I was in charge for part of :(

Scottish National Team

Hampden_Park%201.jpg

28th March 2061

SCOTLAND vs Montenegro

Hampden Park, Glasgow

rWCO2UP.png

pMHRIjw.png

8dkRf9E.png

yPvljGj.png

It was panic stations early on as Montenegro took a shock lead, and suddenly I was having horrible flashbacks about standing in Dundee getting booed off the field. But on the stroke of half time we equalised, before clicking into gear in the second and running out fairly easy winners. Three points on the board, and we're on our way.

cGXjFAV.png

pV5MeCC.png

England are going to dick all over this group by the looks of it. We need to keep pace, then beat them at Hampden, and hope to go through on goal difference. If we just miss out, then hopefully our points total will be enough to secure us one of the 3 extra spots.

Scottish National Team

W4hkDE1.png

ouOZm9F.png

Qdl7Pdx.png

An unprecedented double header this month as we face Georgia home and away in our two games. Haven't seen that happen before, but fair enough. Tbilisi is up first. Cannae wait.

Scottish National Team

LokomotivStadium1.jpg

10th June 2061

Georgia vs SCOTLAND

Mikheil Meskhi Stadium, Tbilisi

z7Cskx5.png

3L9wYjB.png

pNBfydS.png

wYxdq3L.png

A match absolutely strewn with errors, but one we came out on the right side of. Archie's first trip to Georgia ends in a win, but it could have been different. It wasn't though, and we'll travel back home - maybe on the same flight as the Georgians - for the next match.

UleO11C.png

CQ2phdV.png

I can't see any of the sides below ourselves and England getting anywhere near us to be honest. They all seem to be pretty poor. As a result of our big win, we move ahead of England with them sitting out last night's festivities. Another big win in our next game will keep us ahead, probably until our next free matchday.

vsuFHrg.png

In fact, we could go three points clear. England sit out a second matchday, I think as a result of being involved in the Nations League fixtures. I'd need to check the fixtures, but I believe that if we win all of our games until we face England, we'll be top come that game. Big.

Scottish National Team

Hampden_Park%201.jpg

13th June 2061

SCOTLAND vs Georgia

Hampden Park, Glasgow

CbRxeQ6.png

qww4UFS.png

eNsWH2F.png

RasG4vE.png

This is much more like it. We were a bit ragged in Tbilisi, but tonight we absolutely dominated a poor Georgian side. All over arguably within 20 minutes, and made sure of just after the half hour. Job done.

rwsc95t.png

HHyXvLv.png

We move three points ahead of England to give us a little buffer. We don't play in the next match, so England have a chance to catch up.

Scottish National Team

0nms9KN.png

NE83l5p.png

Just the one match this window, no friendlies in there to pad it out. We play Slovakia in what should be an easy win to keep the pressure on. England have no free slots for the rest of the campaign, and we still have another after this one.

v4J8G8k.png

JPOZJj0.png

And here's what happened in our free slot. England battered Montenegro, as expected, so they draw back level with us, but just below purely on goals scored. We face Slovakia next of course, and then it's England.

Scottish National Team

Hampden_Park%201.jpg

5th September 2061

SCOTLAND vs Slovakia

Hampden Park, Glasgow

HBBgJzM.png

ReM7MZm.png

5b99sox.png

Al2PHLZ.png

Another six goals scored, but once again two conceded. I'm not immediately worried, but should we beat England it's going to come down to goal difference. In those cases, a 6-0 against Slovakia would suit us much better than a 6-2. Still, in the match itself, it's another hat-trick for Martin Farningham, who continues to provide sterling service.

3sYpXRc.png

We edge ahead on goal difference ahead of England's trip to Hampden. A win for us would give us a three point gap, but of course England have a game in hand.

Scottish National Team

ZFesgsz.png

fVypS8s.png

Confirmation of the huge game we have. Georgia play Montenegro, but who cares about that?

Scottish National Team

Hampden_Park%201.jpg

7th October 2061

SCOTLAND vs England

Hampden Park, Glasgow

PoY5JAe.png

rMSrQIU.png

bTgA0qt.png

8UVFgF1.png

Huge, huge result for us as we beat the Auld Enemy by the same scoreline they dished out. We took the lead and looked good value for it, but on the stroke of half-time they equalised, completely ruining any half-time team talk. But once we regained the lead midway through the second half, we dug in and soaked up the pressure, holding out to the final whistle. An enormous win for us.

FHHkxBy.png

We dish out the first defeat of England's campaign, and move three points ahead. England still have that game in hand, so they could tie things up come our final free slot.

7gkzByx.png

200.gif

Get used to it, pal.

Scottish National Team

215edbbe027aaf91664ed821e256b7eb.jpg

10th October 2061

Montenegro vs SCOTLAND

Stadion pod Goricom, Podgorica

dAXdzrw.png

f0WBmPx.png

BtRIvdL.png

uu0EzmM.png

A comfortable win to cement the position we put ourselves in after the England game, and we're looking very good. I should also give a bit of spotlight to one man - Bobby Nicol. Only his second appearance - both from the bench - and he's got two goals. I could be wrong, but I'm very, very excited about this guy. Peter Dailly set down a big challenge to everyone when he retired, but I think this guy has the capabilities to push him far during his career.

XXUhSLl.png

cUeHBIp.png

Job almost done. Just one game left to play for us, and if we win that England can only draw level on points. We have a goal difference advantage of six currently, but they could easily make that up in their game in hand. It's going right down to the wire.

Scottish National Team

RXB24pR.png

Our final squad of the campaign for one last push. We sit out Wednesday's fixtures, while England play Montenegro. That's their game in hand, so by the end of play there, we'll know what we need to do against Slovakia.

Scottish National Team

qhAWZ2i.png

Oh for **** sake.

We did have a six goal advantage pre-game, but that's been wiped out and England now top the table on goal difference.

oUhMlKQ.png

Scottish National Team

215edbbe027aaf91664ed821e256b7eb.jpg

14th November 2061

Slovakia vs SCOTLAND

Štadión pod Dubňom, Žilina

1236hU2.png

We're away to Slovakia, and need to outscore England by at least one. In the case of the same goal difference, we should finish top due to goals scored.

Still, in other words, let's just score.

2Doy20M.png

JbrLurP.png

9O4qnLm.png

S0d1kj4.png

Oh well.

We chose tonight to put in one of the laziest attacking performances this campaign. Even against England at Wembley we looked more dangerous. Of course, England outscored us in a routine victory at Wembley, so we're knocked down to 2nd.

1hnQwMV.png

Very disappointing, but we stand a decent chance of going through having only dropped three points.

Scottish National Team

s71rLhc.png

Never in doubt really. In my experience, if you drop five points, you stand a decent chance of qualifying. After only dropping three, we're a lock to qualify.

zUNqHqe.png

In fact, we finished top of the group of second placed sides, a clear two points ahead of Germany who dropped - you guessed it - five points.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup Draw

7t4vJir.png

gAOEEVK.png

lvbdllB.png

AgUO6X1.png

We missed out on being top seed by a fair distance, so we'll be facing at least one giant. And since it's been a while, let's play a game of Dream vs Nightmare...

Dream Draw: SCOTLAND, China, Qatar, Guinea

Nightmare Draw: SCOTLAND, Brazil, Argentina, France

There could be some absolute horrible draws in there, and the odd good one. Somewhere in between would be great.

bd6jPtM.png

(Holland final side to be drawn)

eeeeeeeh....I suppose it's alright. Germany are obviously going to be the favourites, and once again we've been paired against the Ivory Coast. If I have the time, I'll go back and see how many times we've been paired with them at World Cups, but I'm going to guess...all of them. At least that's what it seems like. Honduras are a kind draw otherwise though, so 2nd in behind Germany will be the target.

End of Year

No awards after my first full year in charge, but just wanted to bring you a note of how we've done.

qxvIpiL.png

I didn't quite realise how good our record was until I saw all games packed together. Following that England game - which could have gone differently another day - we won every single game we played in. A few good friendly wins in the coming months could mean we go into the World Cup unbeaten, a great position to be in before Germany tear us apart.

That's me got back into the way of posting finally. Screenshots were piling up, and I'm currently sitting around four and a half years beyond the point I'm currently at in this thread. Still fully intending on continuing this though, as Hamish's story must go on to a fitting conclusion before part three starts. There's always got to be a part 3. Of course, it's going to be like Terminator 3, compared to its predecessors, but still...

That's me got back into the way of posting finally. Screenshots were piling up, and I'm currently sitting around four and a half years beyond the point I'm currently at in this thread. Still fully intending on continuing this though, as Hamish's story must go on to a fitting conclusion before part three starts. There's always got to be a part 3. Of course, it's going to be like Terminator 3, compared to its predecessors, but still...

You're already getting me excited for the continuation of this fabulous story! :D

Scottish National Team

With a free March date to play a friendly in, why not invite Poland around for a kick-around in the Glengarrie Derby?

Hampden_Park%201.jpg

21st March 2062

International Friendly

SCOTLAND vs Poland

Hampden Park, Glasgow

kk8Vc95.png

3IeMzuP.png

bST4R6r.png

XcLgTuO.png

It wasn't a classic by any means, but we came out with the win having had a look at a few more players. Job done, and now we go about selecting our World Cup squad.

Glengarrie's back in the World Cup.

Scottish National Team

World Cup Squad Announcement

XrXasBn.png

d42XgdU.png

Happy with the 30 that my assistant brought back, mostly because we have very little depth beyond that. To be honest, we don't really have much depth beyond 23, so should be easy enough to cut a few. I'll be going the usual 3-8-8-4 in terms of positions to give us cover for a 4-4-2.

C4Mj7mW.png

And there it is. A few unlucky players cut. Well, they say unlucky, I say they were lucky to even make it in to the 30 in the first place. Willie Stevenson's presence in the forwards list annoys me - he can play there, but it's far from his best position. Doing my mild OCD no good whatsover.

BhENSti.png

China here we come.

Scottish National Team

jcKJg6q.png

OQDVMzc.png

A perfect start to our preparations as we hammer Turkey at home before thumping a local side by the same scoreline when we arrived in China. Of course, this just sets us up to go out in the Group Stage, but still...

hePc7Bd.png

This tickled me. Can just imagine the board discussing this in Watford.

"I'm interested in signing Martin Finnie, so I think I should go and watch him."

"Yeah, that sounds perfectly sensible. We'll book your train tickets to Hampden. He's playing there tomorrow night"

"Yeah...about that...I'm busy then. Can I go to Beijing instead? They're playing a local side."

"..."

"..."

"Yeah, ok"

Not really sure what they would get from watching him in a diddy game halfway across the world rather than a fairly competitive friendly just up the road.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Friday 16th June 2062

QwVnWHJ.png

A terrible start for the hosts as they get battered by the Swedes 4-1. Zhao Wei won't be the most popular man in the country either after getting sent off in the closing period of the game, especially when it was only 2-1 at that point. Things went rapidly South after that, and it's now very, very unlikely they will progress. France battled hard in the other game and bettered Nigeria 1-0. I'd put the Nigerians as an outside chance of qualifying, they looked impressive here.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Saturday 17th June 2062

393417.jpg

17th June 2062

FIFA World Cup Group B

Honduras vs SCOTLAND

Shenyang Olympic Sports Center Stadium, Shenyang

rUF2vhc.png

I8rqlND.png

dmlBShw.png

2DSVagx.png

Three points on the board, and the opening goal scored by our boy wonder Bobby Nicol. He is going to be something special.

nkXmuMt.png

Already looking like a showdown between us and Germany for top spot, but it's sounding very familiar. We're all set to struggle against Ivory Coast and only just make it through now. In the other match, a rare appearance at a tournament finals for Guinea started with a 5-1 defeat against Croatia. Cheers for coming guys!

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Sunday 18th June 2062

Z8USiKa.png

A mixed day for Asia. It started off with Japan committing glorious seppuku against Portugal, soundly beaten 3-0. Mexico and Ghana then played out an entertaining draw in the same group before Asia finally had something to cheer with South Korea's 2-0 win over Chile.

Monday 19th June 2062

nzOHqv2.png

Asia brought back down to Earth with Oceanic/Asian hybrids Australia getting schooled 4-0 against Italy. With Argentina and my old team Poland also in the group, it's looking unlikely that they'll stand any chance. Talking of the two latter, Argentina won that particular battle 2-1. Would be nice to meet them at some point during the competition, but looks as though they might be going home early with Italy and Argentina going through.

Europe continued the dominance with Spain easily beating Costa Rica 3-1.

Tuesday 20th June 2062

YGOsOJt.png

I remember the furore around European teams doing well at the 2014 World Cup. Everyone said they'd struggle in the different climate. Clearly there's no such problem for Asia, as Europe continue to smash through everyone. Belgium and England are the latest sides to win easily, with only a Cold War replay yielding a poor European result.

Wednesday 21st June 2062

yZs0Lzr.png

Europe falls! Of course, it would be Holland that do so as well, as their World Cup horror show continues. The Congolese get a very creditable win, and look good for qualification. Brazil beat an improving Qatar narrowly before we went right back to Group A and France, who won their second game, defeating Sweden.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Thursday 22nd June 2062

201104021890524.jpg

22nd June 2062

FIFA World Cup Group B

SCOTLAND vs Germany

Shanxi Sports Centre Stadium, Taiyuan

ESXqSih.png

msILmzA.png

vbEYSdj.png

I2rn0wu.png

A very good draw, and our unbeaten run - that stretches way back to the first game of qualifying against England - continues against Germany. We fought back twice from behind, including another goal for Bobby Nicol. 2 in 2.

rybOKMF.png

We edge ahead of Ivory Coast despite their win against Honduras, and another point will secure our place in the next round. A win could see us top the group as well, and potentially avoid France.

And, joy of joys, it's a win for the hosts as they beat Nigeria in a thriller.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Friday 23rd June 2062

JBSwwh2.png

Asia continues to have a good couple of days with South Korea picking up a second win, taking their place in the next round. They're on top as well, with Croatia dropping two points after looking so impressive against Guinea in the next game. A point for Korea in the final game against Croatia will see them take pride of place at the top of the group, and face an easier draw. Elsewhere, Portugal are on fire, smashing Mexico 4-0.

Saturday 24th June 2062

4sXoWDW.png

Japan roar back with three points against Ghana to give them a small chance of qualifying, but leave the African side in a bit of trouble. Argentina and Italy continue their good form, and those results mean that both Poland and Australia are going home. Booooo.

Sunday 25th June 2062

JM5OPNO.png

Not a good one for the Americas. Three games, no goals scored, with the European sides running rampant and scoring 12. Belgium and Spain are through from their group, playing off in the final match for the top spot. England are also through.

Monday 26th June 2062

htxjwwQ.png

Not quite the same theatrics as yesterday as Holland and Russia continue to struggle to live up to the other European sides. Russia sit on two points, and Holland on one. Both will really struggle to qualify. Congo, however, are now through with two wins. They're two points ahead of Brazil, so a draw in the final match between the two will see them through as winners. What an achievement that would be.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Tuesday 27th June 2062

inner-mongolia-stadium.jpg

27th June 2062

FIFA World Cup Group B

SCOTLAND vs Ivory Coast

Hohhot City Stadium, Hohhot

m8qKobU.png

yiz9EVn.png

KMjOrlB.png

E4t79xT.png

A massive missed opportunity, but it's enough to put us through. We went behind very early on, and went in at half-time in that position too. The riot act was read and we switched things around. It took a little time to work, but in a crazy 8 minute period we scored three goals to put us in a wonderful position.

Somehow we then managed to watch as the roof completely fell in, conceding two late goals to end up drawing. Terrible defending, but luckily it didn't affect things too much.

Be4ZSmJ.png

Germany strolled through against Honduras, easily winning our group.

France secured the top spot in Group A with an easy win, meaning we'll face them in the second round. They ended China's slim hopes. Sweden struggled to a 1-1 draw, but that's just enough to qualify ahead of China.

Q3KT4g8.png

kxyb1Pr.png

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Wednesday 28th June 2062

5YVWszr.png

It was too little too late for Chile, their final day win against Guinea not enough to overhaul the lead South Korea and Croatia had built up. It's the latter that take the top spot too, thanks to their convincing win.

Portugal continued their dominance by smashing Ghana, keeping a spotless 100% record. Mexico's win against Japan was just enough to edge them past and into the second round.

IpFwnLe.png

KXfRFgA.png

Thursday 29th June 2062

yUDpGXy.png

Argentina and Italy promised much with their battle, and delivered absolutely nothing. A dour 0-0. Great to see Poland get some points though in the dead rubber against Australia.

Talking of dead rubbers, Costa Rica lost theirs in spectacular fashion with a 4-2 defeat. Spain and Belgium only marginally beat Argentina and Italy in the excitement stakes, with the Spaniards going through as group winners.

RK4bghY.png

xW80a7W.png

Friday 30th June 2062

avrS7vC.png

And finally, we reach the last two groups. England make it three out of three by beating Russia, with the United States sneaking through in 2nd behind them thanks to their win against Colombia.

Holland finally awoke from their slumber, smashing through Qatar, while Congo's remarkable tournament continued by holding Brazil to a 0-0 draw. They top the group with an unbeaten record, pushing Brazil down into 2nd. Remarkable.

AvHnmFt.png

WdY0lxb.png

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

eC6c99T.png

And here's the draw for the next round. As mentioned, we face France, with the winners taking on either South Korea or Portugal.

Interesting section of the draw for potential quarter final number 2. England face Brazil in Asia definitely for the first time (Hiya Ronaldinho and David Seaman! Hiya pals!), with the winner potentially facing either Argentina or Spain. Could be a South American derby there. The rest of the ties seem fairly unremarkable, but I'll be hoping for a win for DR Congo over the US to continue the fairytale.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Saturday 1st July 2062

workers-stadium-beijing-olympic-soccer-stadium-nc.jpg

1st July 2062

FIFA World Cup Second Round

France vs SCOTLAND

The Workers' Stadium, Beijing

kPzvMpS.png

And so, onto France. I have to say we've been less than impressive so far. Not performing badly, of course, but just a bit...meh, you know? Nothing special whatsoever, including an abject collapse against the Ivory Coast. We have history with France, including a defeat in the European Championship final on Hamish Glengarrie's final match in charge.

So obviously it would be great to get one over on them. If we don't, it won't be too bad I suppose. I had hoped to do better than the first knockout round in my first tournament in charge, but it's something to build on after a tough draw.

How would our 4-4-2 match up?

IUATVre.png

bafDTKL.png

cqpOX4a.png

Quite simply unbelievable.

We raced into a 2-0 lead, but when France got a goal back I started getting the fear. That's usually when the opposition stamps all over our sandcastle, laughs at our tears, and teaches us all about life being generally unfair.

But then we just...didn't. We forged ahead and scored goal after goal until the French were cowering in their own box. When Nicol stroked in the 6th - and his 2nd - it was just an air of absolute shock in the stadium. To put it in perspective, people still talk about Germany beating Brazil 7-1, and we only scored one less.

An absolutely wonderful result...could we actually go on and win this?

JUXO81y.png

No change for Sweden as they get rolled over easily by Germany.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Sunday 2nd July 2062

moaKwex.png

No romance from Portugal either as they dispatch South Korea fairly easily, booking a battle with us in the quarter final. I'm just terrified we've shot our bolt too early.

Croatia won a very boring game 1-0 against Mexico in the other match today.

Monday 3rd July 2062

l3R9YsK.png

Argentina kept the possibility of a match with Brazil alive by brushing Spain aside before Belgium and Italy served up a classic. It took Italy seventeen minutes to turn a 1-0 deficit into a 3-1 lead, and there was still time for both sides to score one more goal each, and Italy to have a man sent off. Drama.

Tuesday 4th July 2062

XCFZHhC.png

The day the romance died.

Not England of course, they lost to a late Brazil goal. I won't say that the goal came from a lofted free kick drifting over a ridiculous looking goalkeeper, but it totally, totally did you guys.

I of course mean the extra-time defeat of DR Congo. The US take their place in the quarter final at their expense, and become enemies of football in the process.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

C9l7Ek2.png

Big match between Brazil and Argentina, with the winners facing ourselves or Portugal. If we are to go all the way, then we've got quite the gauntlet to run first. Germany play Croatia in probably the least remarkable tie before it's Hoagies and reruns of the Godfather as Italy take on America. Capiche?

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Friday 7th July 2062

7th July 2062

FIFA World Cup Quarter Final

SCOTLAND vs Portugal

ZsRdSoN.png

l4HAOfb.png

equcHBo.png

cRKeQ52.png

The France game was unbelievable. This is downright fantasy.

Against France, there was a period of the game where it swung from us, to them, before we rode it out and swung it back in our direction again. In this one, there was no swinging whatsoever, apart from the hefty haymakers we were firing in the Portuguese direction. We fully deserved the win, and we take our place in the semi finals having scored twelve goals in two games.

Shock. Utter shock.

fBwdJm8.png

What a huge day for the World Cup. Germany crash out after a thriller against Croatia in the other game. I'm still in shock.

What a result!

Which one? :brock:

What the ****. :D

I know. Pretty much what I was thinking when it happened.

What are you feeding those Scottish lads? I refuse to believe the battered mars bars can be helping that much...

The powdered skull of Eddie Howe, cut with his salty tears. The SFA didn't like it, but **** 'em.

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Saturday 8th July 2062

NKPkpjN.png

WE BELIEVE!

WE BELIEVE THAT!

WE BELIEVE THAT WE CAN!

WE BELIEVE THAT WE CAN WIN!

Well, maybe you shouldn't have.

Italy demolish enemies of football the United States 4-0 in their quarter final to book what you have to say is a winnable semi final against Croatia. Argentina rounded out the foursome by soundly beating greatest rivals Brazil 3-1. Imagine there were toys well and truly out of the pram after that one.

HWwlgL2.png

I didn't think we'd get past France, and after blowing them away, I thought we'd used up all our luck. Then we did the same to Italy. Surely we won't do it to Argentina too?

Scottish National Team

FIFA World Cup 2062

Tuesday 11th July 2062

11th July 2062

FIFA World Cup Semi Final

SCOTLAND vs Argentina

qgogW7y.png

There's nothing else I can do but go for the same system that has seen us look wobbly in the groups and absolutely deadly in the knockouts. Argentina play the 4-2-3-1 that we've had trouble against, and they're undoubtedly going to put up a very different fight to France and Portugal.

Archived