The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

Pug's Update Season 2023/24

6ZWS9jo.png

So After Taken Charge Of Liverpool Contract, I Set About Selling The Players That I Think Is Not Up To The Job. Got In Some Better Players Including A Player I've

Got A Bit Of A Soft Spot For .Transfer History. After A Good Preseason In Which The Team Seamed To Take To My Tactics. We Went On A Run Of 17 Wins

In The First 17 Games. Then We Got Beat By Spurs In A Game Were We Totally Dominated 1-2. After That We Went On Another Great Run Of 18 Wins In

The Next 18 Games, Before Getting Beat By Another London Club Chelsea 0-2 Which They Deserved.Results 1  Results 2 . League Table.   ................ 

In The EFL Cup We Won With The Only Hard Game Against Man City, Needing Extra-Time To Win Them. EFL Cup. The FA Cup Was A Breeze With Us Not

Letting A Goal In All Of The Six Games. FA Cup. In The Europa League Apart From 2 Draws We Won Every Game. Europa League.

Player Of The Season And Player I've Got A Soft Spot. Season ReviewManagers History.

tNzK6Hs.png

. China Contract.With A Couple Of Friendly Wins And Winning The East Asian Cup, And A Win Over South Korea. Results.

The South Korean Job Came Up, Which I Put In For And Got. S Korea Contract.

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Others & Notes
                               1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont    CWC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Hunan Xiangtao                                                              Took Over In 16th Finished 6th
2017/18    Hunan Xiangtao                                                              Left After 20 Games
2017/18    Ulsan Hyundai       Won
2018/19    Ulsan Hyundai       Won            Won         Won     Won                  All 4 Trophys
2018/19    Gladbach
2019/20    Gladbach                           Won                                      Won DFB And Euro League
2020/21    Gladbach            Won            Won         Won
2020/21    Fluminense                                     Won                          Took Over In 14th Finished 8th
2021/22    Fluminense          Won            Won
2022/23    Tigres              Won                        Won
2023/24    Liverpool           Won            Won
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation    Cups                                                                     Others & Notes
                  World Cup   Confed Cup   Euro's   AFC   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2018/19 Nigeria                                           Won
2019/21 USA                                                      Won
2023/24 China
2023/24 S Korea

5/10  Top Domestic leagues (S/Korea-Germany-Brazil-Mexico-England)
4/10  Top Domestic Cups (S/Korea-Germany-Brazil-England)
4/5   Continentals Cups (Ulsan-Gladbach-Fluminense-Tigres)
1/1   Club World Cup (Ulsan)

International

2/5   Continental Tournaments (Nigeria-USA)
0/2   World Tournaments

Edited by pug 407
Update

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2018/19 Season - Tranmere Rovers

Image result for tranmere rovers

Transfers

Lot's of business, once again bigger clubs came in for a couple of my really decent regens. Phillips and Mensah came through my first intake and both are now in my 1st team, they wanted to leave so I managed to scrape half decent deals for them and get them back for a season-long loan. We spent quite a bit of money mainly because I just couldn't find any decent players for free who wanted low wages. We strengthened all over, mainly in midfield and defence. I also signed quite a few youth players on the intake date just to bolster the reserve and youth teams, some of them look like absolute gems!

EFL League 2

Unbelievable! Apart from the first game we started really badly, goalscoring was a problem, Norwood I'll discuss later. Then something clicked, we started winning, and winning and went on a crazy winning run which saw us go top by quite a way. Then came the usual drop off where we went a few games without a win, we somehow kept the gap at the top during our blip and as the season wore on we kept slipping up but other teams around us weren't doing enough to catch us, then with 3 games left we sealed it, the most unexpected promotion. I knew we could push the playoffs but never did I expect to seal automatic promotion so easily.

401e51799089c64d6695a2349e16d25a.png

FA Cup

We made it through to the 3rd Round courtesy of a 5-0 1st Round win against Doncaster and a 1-0 win against Braintree in Round 2, we then played Leicester and were smashed 6-1

EFL Cup

We beat Rotherham away in the 1st round but were knocked out in the 2nd Round by Norwich

EFL Trophy

Not a trophy I was bothered about but we breezed through the group stage and made it into the 3rd Round but lost 1-0 to Sheffield United

Player of the Season - Lee Lucas 

Top Goalscorer - Lee Lucas (CM) and Luke Coulson (RW) - 12 goals

Highest Average Rating - Luke Coulson - 7.33

You might be wondering where Norwood is? Well the poor bloke has had a season to forget, in the first pre-season friendly he got injured for 3 months, he came back for 4 games and then broke his leg and was out for another 5 months. Since he has been back he just hasn't been the same and the loanees have taken over as my first, second and third choice Strikers, next season though he will stay and he may play or just be a sub.

Next Season - League 1 boys, LEAGUE ONE!!!!! I am loving being here and even though I know I need to leave to further myself for the challenge I just wanna stay here and see how far I can take them. I'm definitely going to stay for the whole of the next season then reassess. As for Tranmere, I won't try and make too many changes, I will be moving some of the Youth players in and letting some of the older players go, looking to replace the Loan players who more than likely won't come back.

Manager Status - My rep is now at 25%, I actually got offered an interview at Championship QPR and was offered a £67m budget but they hired Michael Laudrup instead! The board let me learn my National A Licence but have refused anymore due to the finances being low.

Domestic
Season	Team			Division		Position		Notes						Challenge 		Landmarks
16/17	Tranmere		National League		8th			FA Trophy Winners
17/18	Tranmere		National League		1st			National League Winners
18/19	Tranmere		League Two			1st			League Two Winners

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues 		
 0/10 domestic cups 			
 0/5 club continental championships 
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments 		
 0/2 world tournaments 

Edited by scubasteve2017

SFCLogo.png.3694b1d776e9a62d3d210e0d38c54c66.png

Stevenage FC
                                                                                                                          2017/18 Season!

This is a direct cross-post from my blog, you can see the full post here: http://fmchampions.club/blog/2017/02/08/the-ultimate-manager-challenge-year-two-stevenage-fc-201718/

Welcome back, friends!

I have now wrapped up our first full season at Stevenage, after taking over in August of 2016.  The ability to refine our tactical systems and get a great cohesion between our players led to an amazing season!  We had quality runs in all of the cup competitions, but our performance in the Sky Bet League Two was absolutely stellar as we won the title by eight points!  

Stevenage FC youth product Michael Cregan led the way for us to the title, as he was named the PFA Sky Bet League Two Player of the Year!  In the league, he had 34 appearances with 29 starts, averaging 7.39 with 22 goals and 15 created!  He was named Man of the Match eight times in the league to go along with his PFA Player of the Year hardware!  In the cup competitions he was almost as good, scoring 5 and creating 3 goals at an average of 7.14 in 8 appearances.

Speaking of cup competitions, they were a major positive for the club for the 2017/18 campaign!  We only met the board's expectations in The Emirates FA Cup, going out in the Second Round to Doncaster Rovers.  Doncaster were in a higher league (League One) at the time, and we were only supposed to reach the Second Round anyway, so the board were pleased with the FA Cup for this season.

Where we made all of the noise was in the EFL Cup along with the Checkatrade Trophy!  We weren't even expected to get past the First Round in the EFL Cup, but reached the Fourth Round before barely losing an extremely hard-fought match against holders and the eventual winners of the competition, Manchester City at the Etihad, 1-0.  We defeated higher-tier opposition in all three previous rounds, taking out League One AFC Wimbledon at home 3-0, and then going on the road to defeat Championship Aston Villa and Bristol City at their grounds, 0-2 and 1-5 respectively!  It was an amazing ride for a League Two side and both the board and myself were extremely delighted at the progress the lads made in the competition!

We also fared very well in the Checkatrade Trophy, as we were not expected to even get out of the Group Stage, but fought our way to the Southern Section Third Round, where we lost a heartbreaker on penalties to Derby U23's.  There is a fair amount of prize money handed out in this competition for a club of our size, and I feel it really was a nice bonus for us to progress, so both the board and I were again well pleased with the boys at the club for their creditable progress in this competition!

We also had another solid youth intake, led by young right back Ollie Fry, who looks a future star!  Here's the rest of the intake for your perusal: 2017/18 Stevenage FC - Youth Intake (Fry is not pictured as I'd already moved him into the U23's!)

Finally, here's a look at all of the transfers for the 2017/18 campaign: 2017/18 Stevenage FC - All Transfer Business We had a great year as far as transfer business went.  We were able to find quality contributions, and nearly all of the players were brought in for free.  The largest deal was by far for young midfielder Ethan Hamilton.  We brought Ethan in for free in June, and sold him for £350K and 25% of his next sale in January, after getting solid performances from him.  He left for Hearts, and while I was disappointed to let such a promising young talent walk, the bid for him was nearly double his valuation and that is before you tack on the 25% next sale addon.  All told, we made a total transfer profit of £553,500 for this season's business.

Since taking over at Stevenage FC, we add £4,300 to that total, and have made a total transfer profit of £557,800 in the FM Champions Club reign of terror. :)  We did not spend a single shilling on players when I was hired at midseason in 2016/17, and have continued trying to find undervalued talents available on free transfers, and we've been extremely successful with that so far.  

In a change of pace for me, I've not stepped into the loan market anywhere near as much as I have in the past. Those that were readers of the previous blog know that I've always made a habit of bringing in players on loan and speeding through the leagues, but this year I wanted to focus much more on youth development and the idea that I'd be better served long-term making that playing time available to develop my own talent!  The one massive success I've had was bringing in forward Axel Prohouly from QPR on loan, and we've been extending his loan as we've gone along as he's been invaluable in attack for us.

I'm going to bring in another player or two on loan this season, but its more just to keep my players happy with the squad depth.  We had a few happiness issues last season as a few of the lads thought I'd failed to strengthen enough... which was appalling as most of it cropped up right when we were taking a stranglehold at the top of the table.  It was like "How much more do you guys want, you've excelled in the cups and are starting to look as if you'll walk the league...?"  We managed to get it under control, but I'd hate for happiness or morale to threaten to derail our first season in League One, so we've brought in some added talent through the loan market.

If there's anything else you'd like to know about the season, please let me know -- and thank you as always for checking out the FM Champions Club!

Season              Club             League    Position   Cups        Achievements and Notes
2016/17      Stevenage FC  Sky Bet League Two        15th    N/A  Took over in 24th (dead last)
2017/18      Stevenage FC  Sky Bet League Two  Champions    N/A  Great cup runs & Champions!

2019/20 - An Update

I've gone against everything I said at the end of my previous post. It's now December 2019 and even though I am smashing League One with Tranmere (we are currently 7th) I am itching to get a move on with this save and start winning trophies! I haven't applied for any jobs but then an interview came up for a job I just couldn't say no.

Rangers wanted me, their manager, Tommy Wright left the club to take the Scotland National job leaving the club in 2nd place. This job is going to instantly increase my rep and give me a massive chance at 1) toppling Celtic, 2) Winning a cup and/or league and 3) European football.

So my time at Tranmere has come to end, what a few years it's been, here are my stats over my 3 years in charge.

• League Titles - 2
  • Cup Wins - 1
  • Games - 175
  • Wins - 99
  • Draws - 40
  • Losses - 36
  • Goals Scored - 327
  • Goals Conceded - 179
  • Win % - 56%

I join Rangers in 2nd place, 5 points behind Celtic after 17 games (total games are 38). This should be fun!!

br@cbf2.gif

Faded's 2034 World Cup Report

Time for another go at the World Cup with Brazil! Could we improve on our 4th place finish last time? We have won 2 big international tournaments between World Cups so I have some hope that we will at least be able to make the final. Our squad is ageing rapidly however, with 15 of the 23 players selected in the final squad being over 30... so hopefully they all have one more big tournament left in them. Pre-tournament friendlies have been slightly worrying, with a 1-1 draw against Switzerland and a narrow 1-0 victory over El Salvador. Hopefully this is not a bad omen for the tournament ahead and we will kick on and perform well in this massively important tournament. We've been drawn into a group with Serbia, Saudi Arabia and Ivory Coast, 3 decent teams but nothing we need to worry about as we should be able to win the group.

Group Stage

Spoiler

Brazil 0-0 Serbia  Not a great start! We totally dominated at least, not sure how we didn't score a single goal! Not the end of the world though as Serbia are the strongest other team in the group

Brazil 4-2 Saudi Arabia (goals from Camilo x2, Duarte, Hugo) slightly better, but this was not a perfect performance. We have yet to reach our peak for sure.

Brazil 5-0 Ivory Coast (goals from Duarte x2, Daniel, Camilo, Hugo) much better, we totally demolished one of my former teams. As a result we won the group and will now face Ecuador in the second round. The Ecuador team contains 2 of my Challenge XI so it will not be an easy match!

Second Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 3-2aet Ecuador (goals from Duarte x2, Chiaretti) A fantastic comeback from my Brazilian lads! we were 2-0 down with 55 minutes played and I thought we were out of the World Cup for sure. We grabbed back 2 excellent goals and then Duarte won it for us in extra time! What a game. On to face Colombia in the Quarters

Quarter Final (if applicable

Spoiler

Brazil 5-1 Colombia (goals from Duarte, Hugo x3, Camilo) Absolutely blew them off the park. We've certainly hit our peak now and Colombia didn't stand a chance. Hugo scored an excellent hat trick to secure a comfortable win. Now we face England in the Semi Final.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil 2-1 England (goals from Franco, de Moura) we went ahead first, then conceded in the second half. A red card for them turned the game in our favour and we were able to grab a winner through de Moura's sweet volley into the bottom corner. Into the World Cup final! My first ever in FM and already an improvement on our last performance in the 2030 World Cup. We are facing, surprisingly, Russia in the final who have never won a World Cup. Seeing as they've reached the final however they must not be taken lightly.

3rd Place Playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil p1-1 Russia (goal from Hugo) WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!!! it was a tough, nervy game that we nearly won in normal time but for a late equaliser. Our 'keeper Betinho, has cemented his place in my Challenge XI as well as in the hearts of all Brazilians as he saved 2 penalties fantastically to allow the veteran Gilvan to tuck away the winner. We suffered an injury to our best central midfielder Chiaretti very early in the first half and in extra time had our star fullback Conrado Fabri sent off, so this was far from a straightforward victory!

Aftermath

Spoiler

World Cup winners!

Dream Team

3 straight tournament victories for Brazil!! incredible stuff and i'm very proud of this team that has come all the way with me. I suppose i've won everything I can now with Brazil, so i've applied to many other international jobs that became available after the final. I have my eye on the Mexico job as my first choice so hopefully I get it. On the club side of things I'm still looking for a new club, having been recently rejected by Man United and Tottenham, so hopefully something good comes up soon!

@Fadedaf Congrats on your World Cup win. I'm a bit jealous. We both lost to Argentina in our first final, but mine was in the Copa America so I was sacked. I'm having the same difficulty as you in getting a job at a big club while having an international job, but of course your reputation and achievements are way beyond mine now.

@scubasteve2017 Good luck in Scotland. That's a very impressive trade up in jobs, and 5 points isn't such a big gap.

@jaysdailydose Congrats on the title. Good that you've got money and I presume squad spaces to add players for the next division up.

@pug 407Well done. Are you going to have a go at the Champions League with Liverpool, or hope that you pick it up later along the way with someone else. Can't imagine that you're staying. Good luck in the South Korea vacancy you created by beating them.

@dkouv Yet another dominant season. Everybody (except me) is doing so well, although I have a tournament coming up that I'm going to play now.

@darren1983 Good first season. Hard luck missing out on promotion.

Vikeologist's 2033/4 Stade Rennais Report

th?&id=OIP.3TNaSfHK7HMa43ITGm5R-AHgEs&w=300&h=187&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

I decided to quit Stade Rennes after 14 matches of the season. I was losing interest in my challenge. The season wasn’t going terribly. We’d negotiated our way to and then through the Europa League group stage. We were in 9th place but well within reach of the team in 2nd. The problem was that PSG had picked up 40 points (13 wins and 1 draw) and nobody in the league is within a mile of them. I’d already won a French Cup, and the league and Champions League seem years away. It was probably a mistake to take the job in the first place. I should have quit my last club and waited for the right job, (which on that occasion materialised a few weeks after taking the Rennes job in the form of Corinthians of Brazil). I decided to rectify my mistake.

I put a lot of work into the team, and it’s very disappointing. I wouldn’t have minded PSG still having the edge over us, but barely a point and a half per game is appalling.

However, nearly a year and a half later, I still have no club job, and wasn’t even offered interviews by the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, Juventus etc. Maybe it’s possible to get a club job while an international manager, but I think it’s still tricky to get the top clubs to bite. Or maybe I really don’t have the kind of resume that would interest them.

Anyway, I do have an international job, but it’s not the one I had in my last report. I decided to quit Chile when 2 jobs became available; USA and Egypt.

Egypt still stood a small chance of world cup qualification. How small; very. They had 1 point from their first 2 matches. I would probably have to win all 4 remaining matches to qualify. Maybe if I didn’t pull off the impossible, I would be sacked.

However, I suspected that Egypt were better than their 55th world ranking would suggest.

So I took the Egypt job. We narrowly failed to qualify for the World Cup, drawing our last 2 matches, but I wasn’t sacked, and we won all our African Cup qualifiers. The team is now ranked 24th.

Vikeologist's 2035 Egypt African Cup Report

Image result for egypt football

I think that Egypt have a shot at the African Cup. It will be a bit of a lottery, as evidenced by the fact that (as I’ve said countless times before) every African Cup has been won by a different nation in my save, but my team is balanced, fairly injury free although 2 of my best central defenders missed out through injury, and has one of the best players in the tournament (if not the world) in the person of my right winger, Mahmoud Raouf. (I’m writing this spiel a month before the tournament starts; don’t you dare get injured Mahmood).

Group Stage

Spoiler

Vs Guinea-Bissau    3-1 The score looks good, but this was a really bad start. We went a goal down early on, missed a penalty, and then worse of all Mohmood Raouf (after scoring the equaliser) went off with a tournament ending injury. The match was heading for a draw until we scored 2 goals in the last few minutes. Losing Raouf is a really bad blow, especially if we play as badly as this for the rest of the tournament. To be fair though, Guinea-Bissau are actually quite a good team. At least we won.

Vs Ivory Coast 3-1. Ok, this was better. Ivory Coast are definitely a contender, but we were in control throughout. Their goal was a fluky deflection. No more injuries. I’m a bit calmer now. This result not only means we’ve qualified for the next stage, we’re guaranteed to top the group and even know our quarter-final opponent, Tunisia.

Vs Angola     3-1 Put out a completely different first XI, resting my first team. South Africa (my pre-tournament favourites) are out, and Nigeria are looking very shaky, but pretty much anybody left could win. Our draw for the rest of the tournament is as easy as one could hope for though. We can’t meet Nigeria before the final, and probably only Cameroon stand in our way of getting there. Talk about inviting hubris.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Vs Tunisia 0-4 Just awful.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

3rd Place Playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

After The Tournament

Spoiler

I was going to be sacked, so I resigned immediately, in the hope that it might give me a shot at the newly open job at Barcelona, though I didn't think I stood any realistic chance. I actually got an interview though, so I withdrew my interest from (smallish) Brazilian clubs that were in the Libertadores. Didn’t get the job at Barcelona. Wasn’t even interviewed by Bayern.

My career is falling to pieces.

@vikeologist thanks, and hard luck with the ACON, as you said its a total lottery and comes down to how each team or even individual players perform on the day. My victories in 2 of the 3 tournament wins with Brazil have only come through penalty shootouts and some goalkeeper heroics so I have been very lucky to have taken a different path from you since Copa America '31, it shows how difficult this challenge is and how small the margins can be between victory and defeat! Your spell with Stade Rennais seems very similar to when I took charge of Saint Etienne, as I also won 1 cup while never really being able to challenge PSG or Monaco in the league. I remember it being pretty frustrating and a little uninteresting for large parts of the season so can completely understand why you resigned. Where's your next target now? I feel like you'd have a good chance of getting a top job in Mexico if that suits and there are so many competitions you can possibly win there that you're bound to increase reputation and add some challenge trophies!

14 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@Fadedaf Congrats on your World Cup win. I'm a bit jealous. We both lost to Argentina in our first final, but mine was in the Copa America so I was sacked. I'm having the same difficulty as you in getting a job at a big club while having an international job, but of course your reputation and achievements are way beyond mine now.

@scubasteve2017 Good luck in Scotland. That's a very impressive trade up in jobs, and 5 points isn't such a big gap.

@jaysdailydose Congrats on the title. Good that you've got money and I presume squad spaces to add players for the next division up.

@pug 407Well done. Are you going to have a go at the Champions League with Liverpool, or hope that you pick it up later along the way with someone else. Can't imagine that you're staying. Good luck in the South Korea vacancy you created by beating them.

@dkouv Yet another dominant season. Everybody (except me) is doing so well, although I have a tournament coming up that I'm going to play now.

@darren1983 Good first season. Hard luck missing out on promotion.

Don't Need It As Got It With Gladbach. But If A Job Comes Up I Fancy, I'll Be Moving On.

Darren's 2017/18 Season Report - Royal Eagles 

Royal_Eagles_logo.thumb.png.65562ab5ec3b4f7e2558bf4274d49d3c.png

After half a season last year this was my first full season in charge. Board wanted the title so with that in mind I went about wheeling and dealing my way to a squad better suited for my style. A high turnover of players ensued but they gelled quickly as we won our first 7 games and in fact were unbeaten in the first half of the season. In the second half of the season our form faltered a little which was a worry but 3 straight wins at the end meant we won the title by 7 points. We were top pretty much all season and even when our form faltered we were always at least 5 or more points clear. On loan Justin Jacobus was out top scorer from the wing handily supported on the other wing by Tau and up top the surprising form of young George who took his chance. The only real worry this season was our finances which are not great so puts me on the look out for any potential jobs this season.
In the cup we were unlucky to get SuperSport United away from home, they were (and ended) 4th in the premier league so this was a real test. Having a man sent off on 90 minutes made extra time a struggle but the 0-0 draw before losing on pens was credible.

Year		Country			Team				League 		Position		Achievements

2016/17		South Africa		Royal Eagles			NFD		4th
2017/18		South Africa		Royal Eagles			NFD		1st			Promtion!

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

International

0/2 world tournaments 

Edited by darren1983
Forgot my links

2019/20 Season - Rangers

Rangers FC.svg

Wow I certainly haven't hung about with playing this save, to say I'm loving it would be an understatement!

Scottish Premier League

I joined Rangers after 17 games, 21 left and 5 points behind Celtic, could we turn it around? Well we certainly gave it a damn good shot. It was always a 2 horse race and as we entered the final few games we were 4 points behind Celtic. 2 games to go and Celtic slipped up, drawing Inverness, our 3-1 win away to Queen of the South put us only 2 points behind, the final game of the season? Home to Celtic, this could be one of the quickest title wins ever!

Our 3 meeting so far this season had all produced draws but I was confident with the form we were in we could do it, as the game kicked off we looked nervous and the worst start came to fruition, Celtic scored after 2 minutes, we had plenty of time to get back into but as much as we huffed and puffed we couldn't find the breakthrough, the game ended 1-0 and we had fallen short in the most terrible way possible. What a gutter!

Table

Scottish Cup

As expected we got through to the final and once again we played Celtic, could we avenge that cruel league defeat?

Errr no we couldn't we lost the game 2-0. An awful way to end the season but we matched them nearly all the way and with the right additions we can push them even closer next season.
Final Stages Tree

Player Season Stats/Awards

Player of the Year - Lee Wallace

Top Goalscorer - Graeme Malin - 17

Top Assists - Barrie McKay - 11

Top Average Rating - Lee Wallace - 7.32

International Management

I have taken my first foray into National management and I've fell on my feet again! I have taken over as the Algeria manager, 22nd in the World and the No. 1 African team. We are currently mid-African Cup of Nations Qualifications and into the final stage of the World Cup 2022 Qualifying. I will put out update at the end of each major tournament.

Manager Rep

As expected my rep has increased slightly to 35% and I am now learning my Continental B Licence

Next Season

One goal...TOPPLE CELTIC!!!

We have some good youth prospects here who I will look to promote and move out some of the older players who aren't required.

Domestic
Season	Team			Nation			Division		Position		Notes						Challenge 		Landmarks
16/17	Tranmere		England			National League		8th			FA Trophy Winners
17/18	Tranmere		England			National League		1st			National League Winners
18/19	Tranmere		England			League 2			1st			League 2 Winners
19/20	Tranmere		England			League 1			Left in December 2019
19/20	Rangers			Scotland		Premiership			2nd			League and Cup Runners-up

International
2020-	Algeria			

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 domestic cups 			

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

flu.png.756ab658cee699199f3c5868ac9a8dd1.png    58a0853f0c3a5_ivorycoast.jpg.0b8754ab838c4638ff7a89e510628377.jpg

Season 12 – 2028 – Fluminese / Ivory Coast

Season Review

As I said, I didn’t have very high hopes of landing another club job while being with Ivory Coast, so I resigned myself to hanging round with Club America to have a go at Copa Libertadores. Still, it was getting a bit boring, so I was pleasantly surprised when Fluminese agreed to hire me. It’s a Brazillian club with a rich history but currently stuck in a bit of a rut, so it could take a few years to set them straight, but it’s a nice challenge. The squad is actually allright, looks just slightly poorer than my Club America team, but is literally bursting at the seams with talented youngsters. I’ve had this before with Jeonnam, but Brazil is another level. I mean Real Madrid put offers for 4 different youngsters on deadline day, never had anything like this before!

Fluminese were hanging round just above relegation zone with about a third of the season gone when I joined. I messed up a bit to start with, signing some Brazillians for big bucks, who weren’t eligible to play for me until next season because they already played 7 games for another team. Our form was inconsistent as I was still getting to grips with the tatics and squad. Things started to click in the last 10 games, but it was too late to get into top 7, to qualify for Copa Libertadores. Then something quite strange happened – I was blooding youngsters and rushing through games, but we still hit great form ended the season with 6 straight victories, snatching 8th place from Vasco da Gama on the last day. Somehow it was also enough to qualify for Copa Lib. even though league rules say only top 7 qualify. Go figure. But I’m not complaining.

League

Player review

Top scorer – Andrezinho (AM/F RC): 17 goals and 6 assists in 47(12) apps. Not much going for him apart from a cool name, so I’ll either look to sell or move to rotation or backup option.

Top assists – William (DM/MC): 9 assits, 4 goals in 33(3) apps. Not the same William as the one at Club America - this one has less ability but good potential.

Top rating – Luciano (D/WBL): 7.25 in 12(2) apps. Again nothing to write home about but he was decent.

Manager progress

60% rep (down 5ppts)

International

Qualified for ACON 2029 with ease. We have a proper group of death in World Cup qualifying – us, Cameroon, Senegal and ACON holders DR Congo, and only one team qualifies :p Well, if you gonna win it you might as well start winning early I guess… The ACON group draw was also unkind: Cameroon, Nigeria and Sudan. But this Ivory Coast team is pretty awesome so I'm still optimistic about our chances. 

What’s next

Three trophies up for grabs with Fluminese (Copa Lib, Brazilian league and cup), and ACON with Ivory Coast.

Challenge XI

GK: Lee Ki-Ho (Jeonnam, South Korea)

DR: Sergi Palencia (Sheff Utd)

DC: Adama Fofana (Jeonnam)

DC: William Diallo (Ajax CT)

DL: Yassir Belhaj (Ajax CT)

MC: Leonardo Capezzi (Sheff Utd)

MC: Luis Osorio (Club America)

MC: Ko Ji-Sung (South Korea)

ST: Thomas Trujillo (Sheff Utd)

ST: Miguel “The Man” Rodriguez (Club America)

ST: “Bruce” Lee-Sang Joon (Jeonnam, South Korea)

Subs: “Birdman” Kwak Hee-Seong (Jeonnam, South Korea), Kim Jong-Hyun (DR, Jeonnam/ South Korea), Josh Harrop (Sheff Utd)

Club Career:

Season     |   Team           |       Division      |   League   |     Cups        |   Notes & Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    |   Accrington     |  League 2 (ENG)     |   4       |     n/a         |   Took over in December (team in 20th), lost on penalties in playoff final
2017/18    |   Accrington     |  League 2 (ENG)     |   1       |     n/a         |   Promotion; League 2 points record (104). Moved to Sheffield Utd at end of season
2018/19    |   Sheffield Utd  |  Championship (ENG) |   1       |     n/a         |   Promoted
2019/20    |   Sheffield Utd  |  Premiership (ENG)  |   7       |     semi        | 
2021       |   Jeonnam        |  K League (KOR)     |   5       |     n/a         |   Joined when 10th in the league, after a one-year job search
2022       |   Jeonnam        |  K League (KOR)     |   1       |     won         |   Domestic double   
2023       |   Jeonnam        |  K League (KOR)     |   1       | won ACL + cup   |   A historic quadruple
2023/24    |   Ajax CT        |  South Afr Prem     |   9       | won AfCL        |   A champions league win with an super-thin squad (joined in CL group stage)
2024/25    |   Ajax CT        |  South Afr Prem     |   2       | won FA cup      |    
2025/26    |   Ajax CT        |  South Afr Prem     |   1       | won CL + 2 cups |   A quadruple of sorts
2026/27    |   América (MEX)  |  Mexican 1st Div.   |   2       | won Mex cup     |   Joined 2 games before play-offs. Lost in play-off final
2027/28    |   América (MEX)  |  Mexican 1st Div.   |   1; 1    | won NACL        |   Won closing and opening league + champ league
2028       |   Fluminese      |  Brazil Ser. A      |   8       |     n/a         |   Joined 1/3 through the season. Qualified for Copa Lib.

International career:

Season     |   Team           |  Tournament    |   Notes & Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    |   Greece         |  Euro quals    |   Took over in Autumn
2019/20    |   Greece         |  Euro          |   Quarter-finals; lost to France
2021       |   Egypt          |  WC quals      |   Qualified by beating Nigeria in final group game
2022       |   Egypt          |  WC            |   Quarter finals; lost to Poland on penalties
2023       |   Egypt          |  ACON          |   Lost in semis (Ghana, extra time)
2023/24    |   Jamaica        |  WC quals      |
2024/25    |   Jamaica        |  Gold Cup      |   Winners!
2026       |   Jamaica        |  World Cup     |   Group stage exit
2027       |   South Korea    |  Asian Cup     |   Winners!
2028       |   Ivory Coast    |  ACON quals    |   Qualified

Challenge Progress:

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues: KOR (Jeonnam), RSA (Ajax CT), MEX (Club América)
 3/10 domestic cups: KOR (Jeonnam), RSA (Ajax CT), MEX (Club América)
 3/5 club continental championships: Asian CL (Jeonnam), African CL (Ajax CT), NACL (Club América)
 1/1 club world championship: Jeonnam 2023

International
 2/5 continental tournaments: Gold Cup (Jamaica), Asian Cup (South Korea)
 0/2 world tournaments 
Edited by dkouv

@vikeologist: I feel your pain… Must be frustrating but I very selfishly hope you don’t give up because I do enjoy reading your updates

@Fadedaf: congrats on World Cup; will be interesting to see where you go next

@pug 407 : man, congrats – reading your progress is like fast forwarding a 100-meter race while on speed… anyway, never mind the analogy :) good to see you bring Liverpool their former glory, and more

@scubasteve2017 I guess even if you aren’t a Celtic-hater / die-hard-Ranger, you will become one soon now… Good luck toppling the Bhoys next season

also congrats to @jaysdailydose and @darren1983 , enjoying the updates!

Swifts%20logo%20Col%203-10.png

Season Review: 2016/17

Dungannon Swifts

And so, like last year, my career has started at Dungannon. With the club firmly stuck in a rather tight relegation battle, it was clear I was going to be in for a bit of a turbulent first post. I had a good look at the squad, and decided that whilst the main frame of the team was possibly a little stronger than last year's version, there was very, very little depth. However, a debut 4-0 thumping of table-topping Linfield gave me cause for optimism, and with that I set out three targets for the rest of the season. Firstly, I wanted to avoid relegation. Even though at this stage of my career it would make next to no difference to my reputation, personal pride meant that this was my primary aim. Secondly, I wanted to try and win the Irish Cup and get my first trophy on the board. Joining at the last 32 felt like we might realistically have a chance of doing this, if the draw was kind to us. My final aim was to start assessing the squad ready for next season. The vast majority of them are out of contract at the end of the year, and I need to start deciding who is going to be kept around.

In the league, we made a solid start after I took over in December, but three defeats in a row, all by a single goal and all in the last 10 minutes of games, plunged us back into trouble. A revival saw us pick up 14 out of the next 21 points, and that was enough to see us finish 9th, despite only picking up 4 points from the last 4 games. Safety achieved, and the first aim ticked off the list. We also added the Mid-Ulster Cup to our trophy cabinet, but as its not relevant to this challenge, it wasn't really important. Still, winning breeds confidence, right?

The cup was a rather strange affair. We needed a replay to get past lower league Institute, and we went a step further in the last 16, needing both a replay and penalties to beat high-flying Cliftonville. We were in total control in both games, and yet they pegged us back in both. Somehow, we won on penalties, and took on Crusaders next. A 2-1 win, in which they only scored in injury time, doesn't reflect the total dominance we had in the match. Ballinamallard United were our opponents in the last 4, and a 3-0 walloping took us into only the second Irish Cup final of Dungannon's history. Would the pressure be too much? Would we collapse like a rich tea dipped in a hot brew?

No. No we wouldn't.

A Jamie Glackin hat-trick sealed a memorable 3-1 victory over Ballymena United, and the trophy was brought back to Dungannon for the first time! Glackin was phenomenal, cutting in from the AMR position and taking his chances when he got them.

So what next? Realistically, I'm never going to be able to build a squad that can challenge for the title at Dungannon, so if something interesting comes along, I'll probably head to the next stop on my long and winding career...

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Dungannon     9th            Irish Cup winners, Mid-Ulster Cup winners

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues -

1/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon)

0/5 club continental championships -

0/1 club world championship -

International

0/5 continental tournaments -

0/2 world tournaments -

I had a little break from the challenge. Did a couple of seasons of 2 youth challenges to clear the palette. Anyway, after more than 2 years away from club management, I have a suitable job offer, from Atlas in Mexico.  They've just finished near the bottom of the league, and I'm not sure how long it will take to get into the NACL, and that's even assuming that I have fairly instant success next season, as there are 2 seasons a year. Still, it would mean that I might get a trophy fairly soon. Delayed a decision for a week as I was waiting to see if I would be offered the Liverpool job, (I wasn't), but Atlas are probably the best option anyway.

@numero uno gunner

How does this compare to how you did first time round at Dungannon? Congrats on getting your first landmark so early.

@dkouv Good luck in Brazil. I know how you feel about the group of death. I actually like to be in groups of death at finals, as it often results in fairly easy routes to the final, but being in that group for the World Cup qualifiers is a nightmare. Africa is so tough, with so many teams on much the same level. I don't even know how many African Cups I've been to. I thought it was 4, but actually it's only 3. I wonder if I'll set a challenge record for the most African Cup attempts. Good luck with Ivory Coast.

@scubasteve2017Bad luck with Rangers, but hopefully you can clean up next season.

@darren1983 WD on promotion, and GL in the top flight.

2021 African Cup of Nations - AlgeriaShirt badge/Association crest

It's not taken long for my first competitive International tournament with Algeria and it's something I really want to win, the World Cup Qualification is going terribly with a draw against Tunisia and a shocking defeat against Uganda so I want to win this on move the hell on!

Group Stage

We breezed through this stage with 7 points from 3 games. A stunning 5-0 demolition of South Africa was followed up with a cagey 1-0 win against Zimbabwe, we then drew Tunisia 0-0 in the final game to top the group.

Quarter Final

A tricky game against DR Congo but we ended up victorious, we left it late but won the game 3-1

Semi Final

Another tough game, this time against Senegal, once again we left it late and scored the winning goal in a 2-1 victory in the 88th minute

The Final

Cameroon is another tough game, we certainly won't have done this the easy way!

We took a very early lead which we doubled after 17 minutes, Cameron came at us but it took them until the 83rd minute to score, as they threw more men forward we hit them on the break and won a penalty, it was tucked away and we ended up 3-1 winners.

1c8d3f70910d0ab129ee7ff50f2c9982.png

Amazing, it was a tough run but we fully deserved to win the tournament. My first trophy in the challenge!

And my very short time at Algeria is over, now to concentrate on beating Celtic to the SPL title with Rangers!

Domestic

International
2020-21	Algeria			African Cup of Nations Winners 2021	

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 domestic cups 			

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Algeria - AFCON) 		
 0/2 world tournaments 

Edited by scubasteve2017

58a4b11842688_ivorycoast.jpg.1515a8383e9e2ab2db424734acee4f45.jpg

Ivory Coast 2029 ACON report

I felt like I had a good shot at winning the tournament, but quite a few African teams are looking very strong, and my group is tough, so this will not be easy by any means.

Group stage

Spoiler

Sudan 1 – 2 Ivory Coast. Goals: Diallo, Boga.

I put out a reserve team but still, this was tougher than I hoped. And two of my defenders are each out for 3 weeks with a twisted knee.

Ivory Coast 1 – 1 Nigeria. Goals: Zebli

We were dominant stats-wise without that much of a cutting edge. Then conceded an equaliser from a free kick on halfway line. Not happy about this.

Cameroon 0 – 0 Ivory Coast

Dominant again, but still a bit sterile. Qualified in second place, behind Cameroon. It was a very close-run group – luckily for me Cameroon beat Nigeria earlier on; had they drawn I would be out on goal difference.

I wasn’t happy with my toothless domination in the group stages and changed tactic, switching from the 3-4-3 I was using with Club America to the narrow 4-2-3-1 used with Fluminese (both slight adaptations of downloaded tactics, before I claim too much credit here).

Quarter final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 4 – 0 Morocco. Goals: Kessie, Diallo, Kone(2)

This was much easier of the eye as we not only dominated statistically but also created good chances. Kone, who played for me at Ajax CT but never really shone, was the star of the show with 2 assists and 2 direct free-kick goals.

Semi final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ghana 0 – 4 Ivory Coast. Goals: Kone, Doumbia(2), Zebil

Whoa. Safe to say I exorcised my demons from the extra-time defeat to Ghana in my last ACON. Kone scored another direct free-kick to start things off, and the rest of the game was surprisingly relaxing.

Third place playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

South Africa 0 – 5 Ivory Coast. Goals: Kean, Diaby(2), Doumbia(2)

Ridiculous. Like, we played ridiculously well. Scoreline was a fair reflection of our dominance, and South Africa didn’t seem to know what to do. So here we are, champions of Africa and another trophy on the list – obtained in a rather emphatic style!

Trophy

After the tournament

Spoiler

Did I say “not easy by any means”? In the end it was easy, but I needed some luck to get through the group stage before I changed tactic. Felt rather bizarre blitzing my way through from quarter-final onwards. Unfortunately I don’t qualify for this summer’s Confederations cup (DR Congo, the last ACON winner, do), but I want to stick around for next year’s World Cup.

@scubasteve2017 Congrats on getting the ACON so early - I'm sure it will save some pain later in the challenge! :)

Edited by dkouv

Apologies for the constant updates, I seem to be flying through this save, guess it shows how much I'm enjoying it!

Season 2020/21 - Rangers (Scotland)

Rangers FC.svg

SPL

After ending 2nd last season I was determined to beat Celtic to the League, did we do it?

8957df48c57611888d6e622aa257e11a.png

Of course we flipping did! It never looked in doubt after Xmas as we ran away with it, we had a little slip towards the end but it didn't matter as we lifted the trophy with 3 games to spare. Celtic did actually beat us twice which shows you what a poor season they had!

Scottish League Cup

We also managed to lift the League Cup (I presume this doesn't count towards the trophy count? @vikeologist can you confirm?

7b452c3d8f596b42e261121709c21fcf.png

Beating Celtic on the way was amazing especially as we went down to 10 men after 30 minutes.

Scottish Cup

I wanted the double but it wasn't meant to be as we were knocked out in the Semi Final by Hearts, a major disappointment.

621665dd463d960cd303453787a4444e.png

Players

Top Average Rating - Indy Boonen - 7.69

Top Goalscorer and Player of the Year - Dimitris Alevizos - 42 (Sorry I forgot to take a screenshot before he went from his loan)

Transfers

Here are the in's and out;'s if you want to look at them

cbb39139dc9dc51afe4fc9bf23bf6495.jpg

Next Season

I am going to stick around until a new job comes up. I know I really need to win the Scottish Cup here but will maybe either win the 10 cups in different nations or come back to Scotland at a later point. But I won't be quitting Rangers just apply for job if they comes up.

Manager Status

My rep is now upto 35% and I am currently learning my Continental Pro Licence

Domestic

International

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 domestic cups 			

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

Domestic
Season	Team			Nation			Division		Position		Notes								Challenge 		Landmarks
20/21	Rangers			Scotland		Premiership			1st			League Winners, Cup Runners Up		Top Division Winners

International
2020-21	Algeria			African Cup of Nations Winners 2021													AFCON Winners

Challenge Progress

Club
 1/10 top domestic leagues (Rangers - Scotland)	
 0/10 domestic cups 			

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

@scubasteve2017 Congrats on the AFCON, league and cup. Yes, the cup counts. Any cup where all the top division teams compete, plus at least 1 (Mexico) when they don't, because there's no cup in Mexico with all the top division teams in. Reverse of that is that I'm in Mexico now, and doing well, so I might only get 1 shot at the cup.

@dkouv Congrats to you on the AFCON as well. Everybody has an AFCON apart from me, sob. I've just become job of Mali, so I've gone from hope to desperation.

well done winning the AFCON @dkouv

and also @scubasteve2017, any specific place you are aiming to get a job after you leave Rangers?

@vikeologist no AFCON for me yet either, and Mali did win one of the AFCONs in my save so do not despair! It is definitely not next on my to do list however so will be a few years yet before I have another crack at that crazy tournament.

7 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@scubasteve2017 Congrats on the AFCON, league and cup. Yes, the cup counts. Any cup where all the top division teams compete, plus at least 1 (Mexico) when they don't, because there's no cup in Mexico with all the top division teams in. Reverse of that is that I'm in Mexico now, and doing well, so I might only get 1 shot at the cup.

@dkouv Congrats to you on the AFCON as well. Everybody has an AFCON apart from me, sob. I've just become job of Mali, so I've gone from hope to desperation.

That's great news mate. Wasn't sure if it was just the no. 1 cup. Means I can move on quicker now!

4 hours ago, Fadedaf said:

well done winning the AFCON @dkouv

and also @scubasteve2017, any specific place you are aiming to get a job after you leave Rangers?

@vikeologist no AFCON for me yet either, and Mali did win one of the AFCONs in my save so do not despair! It is definitely not next on my to do list however so will be a few years yet before I have another crack at that crazy tournament.

I don't think my re p is high enough to be getting a job good enough to win one of the big 5 leagues so I'm probably gonna go to either Argentina, China, Mexico or south aifrca and try and win the league, cup and champions league there 

7 hours ago, Fadedaf said:

9 nations have won the ACON in the 20 years of my save, but Mali isn't one of them. The 4 African nations I've managed have all won it, though at the wrong time for me. AFAIC they all owe their success to me, even if they won it before I managed them.

On 2/10/2017 at 17:59, vikeologist said:

Thanks bud!  I didn't really have a lot of money... I mean, I was able to move some out of the wage budget but I really didn't add much to the transfer kitty.  I did spend £135K on another solid defender, but other than that, all of my incomings came in on free transfers, except for a young keeper that I paid £1.5K for.  Everyone else was free.

It's working early in the next campaign though, as I'm currently in 4th and only 1 point off top after the first 8 matches.  In those first 8 league matches, we've only conceded twice, both in our only loss to Bradford City (2-1).  

Just saw the comment and wanted to respond and say thanks for following. :) 

I don't know if your living arrangements are the same as they used to be, Vike, but my blog is no longer hosted on Wordpress itself if you want to check it out. :)  I've got my own server and the like now to where you may be able to access even if you can't still access regular Wordpress sites!

Just a quick update guys, I'm still at Rangers and staying until a job comes up but I've eventually got a new International job and it's another incredible one!

The USA for some reason parted company with Klinsmann even though after 6 games of their World Cup qualifying final group stage they are top and unbeaten! So it looks odds on we are into the WC2022 and the Gold Cup has just finished where they ended 3rd so a few years until the next one.

Anyway enough rambling, I've taken the job so wish me luck!

Domestic
Season	Team			Nation			Division		Position		Notes								Challenge 		Landmarks
20/21	Rangers			Scotland		Premiership			1st			League Winners, Cup Runners Up		Top Division Winners

International
2020-21	Algeria			African Cup of Nations Winners 2021													AFCON Winners
2021-	USA	

Challenge Progress

Club
 1/10 domestic cups (Rangers - Scotland)	 			

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

@vikeologist - It feels different. I certainly don't feel as settled this time, despite the fact that we're holding our own in the league (currently a third of the way through the season and only 4 points behind the leaders, yet we're sat in 5th!). I can't put my finger on what it is. I've somehow managed to cobble together (and cobble is an understatement) a starting 11 which is doing alright, but I'm praying to anything and everything that they all stay fit, healthy and avoid suspensions. Realistically, we aren't going to beat the big teams, but if we can keep on beating everyone else, who knows what might happen?

In other news, my average away support this season has been 11. Not 11 thousand, or 11 hundred, but actually 11. We literally take more players than fans with us on away trips. We might as well hire a slightly bigger coach and take the supporters with us!

Danny_H22 2027 Season Review

Colo-Colo.svg.thumb.png.4dea45a661765e2c71f675f3a2a77098.png

My goal for the season was to retain the league I won last year and push the team to go as far as possible in the Copa Libertadores in the hopes of either getting a lucky continental run and winning the whole thing or improving my reputation enough to bag myself a bigger job in Brazil.

On a personal level, my reputation is on 60% now so hopefully some big jobs are in my future. I am ranked 7th in the English managers hall of fame, just behind Herbert Chapman. Still got a long way to go before I break into the world hall of fame.

Campeonato Nacional Scotiabank- My main goal for the season was to retain the league after our shock win last season. It was mission accomplished after 28 games! Audax Itailano (a club I interviewed at years ago) put up a really good fight and took me right to the wire.

Copa Chile- A fairly easy run saw us compete in our third final in three years against league runners up Audax Itailano. The game ended up being a fairly routine 2-1 victory to draw another successful season to a close.

Supercopa de Chile- We retained the cup by beating Universidad Catolica 3-0 in the curtain raiser of the season.

Copa Bridgestone Libertadores- I entered this competition without any real chance of winning it and was handed a tough group stage draw against Deportivo Tachira, Gremio and  Universitario. A fantastic run saw us pick up 13 points and finish second behind Gremio. What followed this was a second round tie against Cruzeiro, who I really didn’t stand a chance against. We lost the first leg 2-1 at home before losing 6-4 at their place. I never expected to win the tournament so I am not too disappointed really.

Top Goalscorer- Some really good goalscoring performances this season with target man Ivan Morales taking the mantle with 38 goals and 21 assists in 41 games. Left winger Walter Barbieri deserves a mention with 36 goals and 33 assists in 42 games.

Most Assists- Unsurprisingly, Walter Barbieri with 33 in 42 games.

Highest Avg. Rating- Walter Barbieri with 8.28

Most POM- Hat trick for Barbieri with 10

International- 2027. The year of the African Cup of Nations. Libya, Congo and Cape Verde were our first challenges and we brushed all three to one side as we topped the group. Next up was a quarter final against Uganda, which should have proved more difficult than the 3-0 score line suggests. This set up a tough semi final against Algeria who took us into extra time before succumbing to a 3-2 defeat. Senegal awaited us in the final, but they were no match for my Egypt team who beat them 2-0 to life the Cup of Nations and rise to 6th in the world. I don’t think I will remain in charge of Egypt much longer as they are unlikely to win the World Cup and I still have loads more international trophies to win.

Not really sure where I go next. Colo Colo are unlikely to win a continental cup any time soon and I don’t have the time to stick around until they are ready. I have a year left on my contract so I will be getting my name out there and actively looking around.

Season       Team             Position         Continental       Notes and Achievements     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17      Newtown          8th                  -              Took over in November
2017/18      Newtown          3rd                  -             
2018/19      Newtown          3rd       First Qualifying Round    Won theWord Cup and Manager of the Year
2019/20      TNS              1st       Second Qualifying Round   Won theWord Cup and JD FAW Welsh Cup. Retained the Manager of the Year
2020/21      TNS              1st       Second Qualifying Round   Won theWord Cup
2021/22      Linfield         1st       Second Qualifying Round   Won League Cup and County Antrim Shield. Unbeaten league season. Won Manager of the Year
2022/23      Linfield         1st       Second Qualifying Round   Won League Cup, County Antrim Shield and Challenge Cup. Won Manager of the Year.
2023         Beijing Guoan    5th                  -              Took over after 15 games. Won Chinese FA Cup. Won CFA Best Manager
2024         Beijing Guoan    1st       Won Champions League      Won Chinese FA Cup and Super Cup. Won CFA Best Manager.
2025         Beijing Guoan    1st       Quarter-finals            Won Super Cup.
2026         Beijing Guoan     -                   -              Left in August with the club top of the league. Won Super Cup
2026         Colo Colo        1st                  -              Took over in August. Won Copa Chile Cup
2027         Colo Colo        1st       Second Round              Won Cop Chile Cup and Supercop. Won Manager of the Year

Challenge Progress

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues (TNS- Welsh Premier League 2020, 2021, Linfield- Danske Bank Premiership 2022, 2023, CFA Super League- Beijing Guoan 2024, 2025, Colo Colo- Campeonato Nacional Scotiabank 2026, 2027)
 4/10 domestic cups (Newtown-theWord Cup 2019, TNS- theWord Cup 2020, 2021, JD FAW Welsh Cup 2020, Linfield- Northern Ireland Football League Cup 2022, 2023, County Antrim Shield 2022, 2023, Irish Football Association Challenge Cup 2023, Beijing Guoan- Chinese FA Cup 2023, 2024, Colo Colo- Copa Chile 2026, 2027)
 1/5 club continental championships (Beijijng Guoan- Asian Champions League 2024)

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Egypt- African Cup of Nations 2027)
 0/2 world tournaments 

International:
Season       Team             Notes and Achievements     
----------------------------------------------------------
2018/19      Togo             Appointed manager of Togo
2019/20      Togo             Knocked out of World Cup Qualifiers in second round
2020/21      Qatar            Won WAFF Championship
2021/22      Qatar            Qualified for The World Cup. Knocked out in first round
2022/23      Senegal          Lost in quarter finals of African Cup of Nations. Fired
2023         Jamaica          Took over in July. Won CONCACAF Cup
2024         Jamaica          5th place in Caribbean Cup
2025         Egypt            Qualifed for the World Cup
2026         Egypt            Won African Nations Championship. Reached second round of World Cup. Qualifed for Cup of Nations
2027         Egypt            Won African Cup of Nations

Edited by Danny_H22

11 hours ago, Brads-Wigan said:

Just a quick question guys, how do you go about your contracts, do you just negotiate 1 or 2 years at a time or like 3-4? Just thinking the longer your contract the harder it will be to change jobs? With compensation? 

I don't think this is often an issue in the challenge. Maybe at the start when you're applying to very small clubs, and there may come a point in the middle when you're at the biggest clubs in the world, but still need to get jobs in Asia or Africa.

As a rule, there's just no reason to try to get a longer contract than clubs offer you. You should aim to only be at a club for 2 or 3 seasons, though it rarely works that way because job vacancies often arise because the club has been knocked out of continental qualification or competitions.

So, on the whole I'd suggest trying to get 1 or 2 year contracts. There's no real upside to longer term ones.

Vikeologist's 2032/33 Atlas & Mali End of (Half) Season Report

th?id=OIP.Su6QLlER7RH8KKr_38g80gEsEY&w=2th?id=OIP.WVRcaNEi5kgPL_oAi_74FgEsDh&w=2

TL;DR – Won the cup, losing league finalists. Continental qualification achieved.

After 2 seasons without a club job, I finally was offered a job I wanted; Atlas in Mexico.

In case you don’t know, Mexico has 2 seasons a year. Each season has 17 matches, and then the top 8 clubs go into a playoff. To win the challenge landmark, you need to win the playoff. To qualify for the Copa Libertadores and CONCACAF Champions League, you need to get to the final of the playoff in either the Apertura or Clausura, though sometimes other sides squeak in due to teams reaching the final of both stages.

I took over in between the 2 mini seasons. Atlas had finished way down the table for the apertura, so to get continental football anytime soon, I needed to at least reach the final of the clausura

For most of the season we top of the regular season table. 4 sides including us picked up a lot of points. We lost our final match which dropped us down from 1st to 4th which was a little disappointing, but not the end of the world.

We reached the final fairly comfortably, where we lost to America. Again, a little disappointing, but we’ve qualified for the 2 champions leagues. Now I should be able to dramatically improve the side with my up to scratch scouting knowledge. Adds a little more interest to next season than if we’d won it first time out.

The competition I really wanted to win was the Copa MX, because the teams that are in the continental competitions don’t take part in the cup. (It counts for the challenge because it’s the only cup in Mexico. We decided this a long time ago). This means that I probably wouldn’t get that many chances to win the cup; possibly just this once. Things worked out as I did indeed win the cup, my 5th for challenge purposes.

Really, even though I didn’t actually win the league, it was a successful season because I achieved both main objectives, the cup and continental qualification. My squad was good, but thin on the ground. We’re losing money so as well as bringing in new players, I may need to jettison some of the overpaid ones I have. Hopefully we have qualified for the upcoming CONCACAF CL, though I wouldn’t take it for granted. We should stand a very good chance of winning this. I don’t hold much hope for the Libertadores, but that’s a little way down the road anyway.

Awards below are just for the Clausura cup and league, apart from the average rating which is just the league.

Top Goalscorer – Alex Ospina – 21 One of the few players who I brought in at the start of the season. Just 20, he wasn’t a prolific scorer before joining us, which is why he was comparatively cheap. His 21 goals were in 30 matches for us and he’s getting better all the time.

Best Average Rating (league regular season only) – Gabriel de Jesús Gudiño 7.65. My shadow striker who plays behind the front 2. The opposite to Ospina in that he’s 31 and has been with the club his entire career. He was injured for the final, and things may have been different if he’d been available.

Man of Match – 4 players – 3.

MVP – I’ve tended to think of Ospina as being only our second best striker, but looking at the stats, he probably is the MVP. He hasn’t done anywhere near enough yet to even be knocking on the door of my Challenge XI, but our journey together has only just started; hopefully.

On the international side of things I took over Mali, who had sacked their manager after being knocked out of World Cup qualification at a very early stage.

Mali are in a very easy ACON qualification group. They’d already won the first 2 matches, and I’ve guided them to the next 2, which means that we’ve qualified with 2 matches to spare. My squad had a lot of injured players unavailable, but even though we won the matches comfortably, I can’t imagine that Mali stand much chance in the ACON next year. We’re coming up to the 2036 European Championship, and it would probably be foolish not to at least consider applying for any top jobs that are available at the close.

Domestic
Season	Team					Position	Notes										Challenge Landmarks
2016	FC Lahti				10th		Just 9 points from the 10 matches remaining after I took over
2017	FC Lahti				3rd		Qualified for Europe
2018	FC Lahti				1st		First domestic title
2019	FC Lahti				1st		The double. First domestic cup
2020	Jeonbuk					1st
2021	Jeonbuk					2nd		Knocked out of CL in semis
2022	Jeonbuk					1st		League / FA Cup / Champions League Triple. CWC 3rd place
2023	Minnesota Utd				14th
2024	Minnesota Utd				7th		Lost on penalties in Western Conference Semifinal
2025/6	Orlando Pirates				3rd		Knockout Cup Winners, failed to qualify for Champions League
2026/7	Orlando Pirates				1st		League, Super 8, Knockout Cup, Nedbank Cup. Won everything basically.
2027/8	Orlando Pirates				1st		League, Super8, Nedbank Cup. Confederation Cup losing finalists.
2028/9	Orlando Pirates				n/a		African Champions League. Left mid-season with the team on track for the threepeat.
2028/9	Rosario Central				18th		Took over for last 2 matches of the season.
2029/30	Rosario Central				1st		4th domestic title
2030/31	Rosario Central				1st	
2031/32	Rosario Central				1st		Threepeat, Copa Argentina, Lost in Libertadores Q/F
2032/33	Rosario Central						Left after 4 matches because we'd been knocked out of the Libertadores.
2032/33	Stade Rennais				7th		Coupe de la ligue
2033/4	Stade Rennais						Resigned after 14 matches
2036(C)	Atlas					4th		5th cup. Lost in league final.

International
Year	Team					Achievements	
2019-21	Nigeria					None
2021-23	DR Congo				2022 World Cup - R2, 2023 African Cup Losing Finalists
2023-25	Chile					None. Resigned to take South korea job.
2026-27	South Korea				Asian Cup winners
2027-29	South Africa				Lost in African Cup Q/F
2030-31	Brazil					Lost in Copa America final
2031-33	Chile					Resigned again to take Egypt job.
2033-5	Egypt					Lost in African Cup Q/F
2036-	Mali

Challenge Progress

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues 		(Finland, South Korea, South Africa, Argentina)
 5/10 domestic cups 			(Finland, South Korea, South Africa, Argentina, France, Mexico)
 1/5 club continental championships 	(Asia)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments 		(Asia, Africa)
 0/2 world tournaments 

Just now, Danny_H22 said:

@vikeologist I believe I've hit the magic 10 trophy number now and I've earned myself a place on the hall of fame 

Yes, congrats. Not the hall of fame; just the leader board, and I added you straight away. Not as quickly as I update my own leader board progress. That's generally win a trophy - save - update post 2 in about a 20 second interval, but still I added you pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

Yes, congrats. Not the hall of fame; just the leader board, and I added you straight away. Not as quickly as I update my own leader board progress. That's generally win a trophy - save - update post 2 in about a 20 second interval, but still I added you pretty quickly.

Thanks dude. I admit I hadn't checked at the point of posting that. Probably should have 

Pug's Update Season 2024-25

hmUs6gH.png

Having Been Manager Of South Korea For a 112 Days, When A Big Nation Come In For Me .

3nJDW20.png

I Just Couldn't Turn Them Down. Contract .

6ZWS9jo.png

So As No Other Decent Teams Were Available I Continued With Liverpool. But In December Another Top Job Became Available So I

Applied And Got It. So Welcome To The New Manager Of

02TSl8x.png

Contract With Them Sitting In 15th Place League Table When I Took Over My Work Began Turn The Teams Fortunes Around.

Some Of The Results Before I Took Over League Results Champions League . First Up Was Metz And A Overwhelming 7-0 Win, So To Cut A Long

Story Short We Went On A 20 Game Unbeaten Run To Finish 2nd In The League. Don't Know How They Were Sitting In 15th With The Squad

They Had. Results . So After Getting Knocked Out Of The Champions League. The Europa League Was To Play For Which We Won With Some

Great Results. Europa League . In The Coupe De La Ligue They Had Made It To The Q- Finals. So Another 3 Wins We Lift The Trophy. Coupe De La Ligue .

In The Coupe De France We Also Won . Coupe De France . So Out Of A Disappointing Start Of The Season I Managed To Turn It Around.

Season Review   Managers History

3nJDW20.png

On To The 2025 Confederations Cup And Up a Group Involving Mexico, South Korea And New Zealand. With 3 Wins Out Of 3, We Had A Semi-Final

Win Against Tunisia 4-1. In The Final We Played Germany And In A Hard Game We Won With Last Minute Penalty. Job History .

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Others & Notes
                               1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont    CWC
2016/17    Hunan Xiangtao                                                              Took Over In 16th Finished 6th
2017/18    Hunan Xiangtao                                                              Left After 20 Games
2017/18    Ulsan Hyundai       Won
2018/19    Ulsan Hyundai       Won            Won         Won     Won                  All 4 Trophys
2018/19    Gladbach
2019/20    Gladbach                           Won                                      Won DFB And Euro League
2020/21    Gladbach            Won            Won         Won
2020/21    Fluminense                                     Won                          Took Over In 14th Finished 8th
2021/22    Fluminense          Won            Won
2022/23    Tigres              Won                        Won
2023/24    Liverpool           Won            Won  Won
2024/25    PSG                                Won  Won

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation    Cups                                                                     Others & Notes
                  World Cup   Confed Cup   Euro's   AFC   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2018/19 Nigeria                                           Won
2019/21 USA                                                      Won
2023/24 China
2023/24 S Korea
2023/24 Brazil                Won
  Challenge Progress

Club

5/10  Top Domestic leagues (S/Korea-Germany-Brazil-Mexico-England)
5/10  Top Domestic Cups (S/Korea-Germany-Brazil-England-France)
4/5   Continentals Cups (Ulsan-Gladbach-Fluminense-Tigres)
1/1   Club World Cup (Ulsan)

International

2/5   Continental Tournaments (Nigeria-USA)
1/2   World Tournaments (Brazil)

1024px-Sligo_Rovers_FC_logo.svg.png

Season 2018

Sligo Rovers

This isn't really a review, more a quick update. I decided that I couldn't take Dungannon any further, so started looking for jobs elsewhere. After interviews in South Africa, South Korea, Australia, Chile, Colombia and China, I've ended up 2 hours down the road and just over the border at Sligo Rovers. The squad isn't the greatest, but joining in January has at least given me the opportunity to try and shape the squad to look how I want it to. Its not perfect, and I'm still a few players short, but I'm looking forward to seeing how competitive we can be. Aims for the season are to finish in the top half, assess who might be good enough to be part of a title-winning squad, and try and nab a cup. Onwards and upwards!

2021/22 Season - Rangers

Rangers FC.svg

My time with Rangers is over. After doing a major job hunt and get nowhere I decided to let my contract run down and leave at the end of this current season. So I have gone all out to win as much as I ca.

SPL

Our 2nd League title in a row, but funnily enough we lost all of our games to Celtic in the League but still won the League with 4 games to spare!

f88befde017ea70d3f078e45e70c60be.png

The Cups

We were knocked out in the 2nd round of the League Cup on penalties by Falkirk

In the Scottish Cup we got to the final and as always we played Celtic but we managed to actually beat them, actually we hammered them 3-0!

0d210f6900c618f84bf046b12022a16c.png

And finally we had an amazing Champions League run, we were drawn with Real Madrid, Dortmund and Saint Ettiene and somehow we managed to beat Dortmund and draw Real to qualify for the Knockout stages in 2nd place. We then played Man City and over the 2 legs lost 5-2. A tough defeat but we definitely over-exceeded.

Player Stats

Top Average Rating - Indy Boonen - 7.60

Top Goalscorer - Barrie McKay/Graham Mallin - 19

Player of the Year - Barrie McKay

Manager Status

I have now finally completed all my coaching badges and my manager rep is at 40$, this is a lot lower than I expected it to be seeing as I now have 2 SPL title under my belt and because of this it's been a struggle to get a decent job.

Next Season

First up is the World Cup 2022 with the USA and in the mean time I will be going on a major job hunt. I really want a job in China, South Africa, Mexico or Argentina, a big job where I can tick off a league a cup and also try and win the Champions League, this may be difficult and I may have to lower my expectations but I'll give it a few months to see what comes up.

Domestic
20/21	Rangers			Scotland		Premiership			1st			League and League Cup Winners
21/22	Rangers			Scotland		Premiership			1st			League and Scottish Cup Winners

International

Challenge Progress

Club
 1/10 domestic cups (Rangers - Scotland) 			

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

Had a very stressful start to the season. I was feeling fairly pleased with myself. Took Atlas from the bottom of the table in the apertura (before I took over) to a cup win and losing finalists in the clausura.

Then, when we lost the pre-season Supercopa in extra time, (a sort of Charity Shield although I accept maybe a bit more important) the board called me in for a crisis meeting because I was under-performing.

They wanted 8 points from our first 5 league matches. Fine. I wanted 15 points from our first 5 matches, so I didn't anticipate any problems given that we had a fairly easy schedule to open the season.

Then a perfect storm of new signings not gelling,injuries, Olympic call-ups and a missed penalty meant that our first 4 matches went WLWL.

I had to win in the next league match to save my job, and it was a wild ride that we ended up winning 5-3.

Job saved. I'm going to win the league, the CONCACAF Champions League, and then I'm going to leave a smelly brown leaving present on the Chairman's swivel chair.

Unappreciative B's.

World Cup 2022 - USA

File:USA Soccer Team logo.svg

Now is the time I should really explain all about how amazing the World Cup campaign has been with the USA, but actually there is absolutely no point!

We were drawn in a relatively easy group - Brazil, Albania and Senegal, we can get out that surely?

First Game - USA 0 Brazil 0 - Wow what a result!

Second Game - USA 1 Albania 1 - Errrr WTF?!

Third Game - WE HAVE TO WIN!! USA 1 Senegal 2 

Goodnight Vienna!

End of World Cup campaign, let's hope I keep my job for at least the Gold Cup 2023!

150px-Borussia_M%C3%B6nchengladbach_logo

Borussia Mönchengladbach Season 2034/35 Report

So after finishing up the season with Roma I looked for jobs in the other big 5 leagues and got rejected by Man United, Tottenham and a few others, probably due to me having an international job as well. Borussia mönchengladbach (BMG) however were willing to take a chance on me and they were my best option left so I went for it. BMG have not won the league since 1977 but did manage to win the Europa League last year so there is some talent I guess. Bayern's domination of the Bundesliga has completely evaporated by this point and the title contenders are in fact Stuttgart, Gelsenkirchen, Leverkusen and one or two others. We have an outside chance of winning the league this season, although board expectations are only to challenge for Champions League qualification. Anyways here's how we went:

European Super Cup- A valiant performance which ended as a 2-2 draw against PSG, however they then won on penalties.

Bundesliga- A decent start meant we were consistently in the top three all the way through the season, however we never managed to go on a huge unbeaten run like in most seasons at my previous clubs. Thankfully no team really dominated the league this season so it was very even and close at the top all year long. Near the end of the season we had a few really bad runs and I repeatedly thought we were done but other teams were just as bad and we somehow actually managed to scrape the title on goal difference with a draw on the last day of the season. So a success I suppose but by far the least convincing league victory of my career. Regardless, I can now safely leave Germany in search of some other trophies for the challenge!

Cup- Beat Rathenow, St. Pauli, Gelsenkirchen and Hoffenheim to reach the semi finals. However we were then convincingly beaten 3-1 by Dortmund and therefore knocked out.

Champions League- We were 3rd seed for the draw so drew a pretty tough group with Man United, FC Porto and one of my old teams Molde. We managed to win the group easily with some great performances ending up with 5 wins and a draw. We drew SL Benfica in the next round and promptly were smashed 3-0 away from home. We came back 3-0 at home in the return leg but they scored late on to break our hearts and knock us out. I seem to be knocked out at this point of the European Champions League very often.

Best Players: Top goalscorer, Most assists, Highest avg rating, Most POM- Stefan Bubner (21 goals, 20 assists, 7.63, 10 POM) A clean sweep for Bubner who was probably my best striker this season. Honestly no one really stood out in this squad and there will definitely be no change to my Challenge XI after this season. 21 goals is ridiculously low for the top scorer in one of my teams, although I rotated between 3 strikers for the 2 starting positions pretty regularly.

Results Results 2

So a decent season overall I guess, with one important trophy to my name. Not hugely enjoying BMG to be honest so I will be on the lookout for a new job this season and I'd be very surprised if I was still at the helm of BMG for the start of next season. Additionally, the Gold Cup is approaching very soon and I am keen to see how my Mexican side performs. Expect another update soon regarding those results!

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               Promoted to South African Premier League
2017/18      Royal Eagles     1st                  -               KO Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2018/19      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               FA Cup runners up, CL qualification, CL ongoing
2019/20      Royal Eagles     1st              Semi Final          KO Cup winners, FA Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2020/21      Royal Eagles     --               Semi Final          KO Cup winners, Super 8 runners up, left halfway through the season for Molde
2021         Molde            1st                  -               Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2022         Molde            --                   -               Undefeated and 1st in the league when I left for Genk
2022/23      Genk             1st                  -               EL Semi finalists
2023/24      Genk             2nd              Group Stage         Super Cup winners, Cup runners up, EL Quarter finalists
2024/25      Genk             1st               Playoff            Cup winners, CL qualification
2025/26      Saint Etienne    3rd                  -               Supercup winners, Cup runners up, EL Semi finals, MOTS, CL qualification
2026/27      Saint Etienne    3rd               Playoff            Cup winners, EL Quarter finals, CL qualification
2027         Jeonbuk          1st              Semi Final          Took over in 6th position, CL qualification
2028         Jeonbuk          1st              CHAMPIONS           Cup winners, MOTS, FA cup best manager, CL qualification, 5th in CWC
2029/30      Tigres        1st + 2nd               -               Cup winners, Libertadores qualification, MOTS
2030/31      Tigres        1st + 1st          CHAMPIONS x2         Quintuple winners, CWC qualification, double CL qualification again, MOTS
2031/32      Tigres      3/4th + 1st     2nd Round + runner up     Recopa winners, CWC Champions, NACL runners up
2032/33      Roma             4th             1st KO Round         Cup semis, CL qualification
2033/34      Roma             1st             1st KO Round         Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2034/35      BMG              1st             1st KO Round         Cup semis, CL qualification

Challenge Progress

Club
 7/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa- Royal Eagles, Norway- Molde, Belgium- Genk, South Korea- Jeonbuk, Mexico- Tigres, Italy- Roma, Germany- BMG)
 7/10 domestic cups (South Africa KO Cup- Royal Eagles, Norwegian Cup- Molde, Belgian Cup- Genk, Coupe de la Ligue(France)- Saint Etienne, Korean FA Cup- Jeonbuk, Mexican Cup Opening Stage- Tigres, Italian Cup- Roma)
 3/5 club continental championships (Asian CL- Jeonbuk 2028, Copa Libertadores- Tigres 2031, NACL- Tigres 2031) 
 1/1 club world championship (Tigres 2031)

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Copa America 2031- Brazil)
 2/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup 2033- Brazil, World Cup 2034- Brazil)

International:
Season       Team             Notes and Achievements     
----------------------------------------------------------
2018        China U23         Won Asian Games
2019        Cameroon          Started ACON qualification, switched to Algeria
2019        Algeria           Resigned after 2 games
2021        Nigeria           Qualified for world cup, ACON qualification ongoing
2022        Nigeria           Knocked out of World Cup in group stage, resigned
2023        Ivory Coast       Started World Cup and ACON qualifying.
2024        Ivory Coast       Qualified for ACON
2025        Ivory Coast       Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned.
2026        Ghana             Qualified for ACON
2027        Ghana             ACON runners up, resigned.
2028        SK + France U23   Won U23 Asian Cup, Olympic silver medallists
2029        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2030        Brazil            4th in World Cup
2031        Brazil            Copa America Winners!
2032        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2033        Brazil            Confederations Cup Winners!
2034        Brazil            World Cup Winners!

Morning all, a quick update for you.

As expected after our dismal World Cup campaign with the USA I have been sacked!! So the hunt for a new international job is on.

I have edited this as I was little bit pre-emptive, what I didn't realise until I nearly accepted the job from Cape Town All Stars was the club had been relegated from the South African premiership! So I rejected it at the very last moment, that was close call! 

So I'm now totally unemployed, no domestic or international, I better get one soon!

Edited by scubasteve2017

@scubasteve2017 Maybe the promoted S African club will need a manager, although I imagine that job would really suck. Hope you get a new job soon. Hard luck on being sacked by USA. Sometimes international jobs arise because the club haven't qualified for the world cup, and I don't take them because it might be boring waiting for the next continental tournament, but it does eliminate the risk of being sacked for your performance in a world cup that you stood no real chance in anyway. That's what's happening with Mali. All I've had is 4 competitive (African Cup Quals) matches, which I've won by an aggregate score of 14-0, but the team stands no chance in the upcoming ACON. Still, you never know. I've changed my tactics from all my previous fruitless ACON attempts.

@Fadedaf As JoeLapira seems to have given up, you're on course to be our first completion for ages, although pug is very much on your tail. Do you have the S African league still loaded so if a job at a big club comes up now you can try to get the African CL, or are you definitely going to leave it till the end?

@numero uno gunnerGood luck at Sligo.

@pug 407 Always good to get the Confederations Cup out of the way. We have never actually had somebody who's had major problems winning it, but it's the kind of prospect that could cause sleepless nights and uncomfortable levels of anguish. Maybe it will be my fate, though I haven't even competed in it yet this time round.

@Danny_H22 Congrats on the ACON. In your save, has any non-Brazilian team won the Lib. They have it completely sown up in my save, although River lost in the final one season. I wonder if I had stayed at Rosario, would I have ever won it. Anyway, it's torture having to play domestic seasons when all you need is the champions league.

Vikeologist's 2037 Atlas & Mali Apertura Season Report

th?id=OIP.Su6QLlER7RH8KKr_38g80gEsEY&w=2th?id=OIP.WVRcaNEi5kgPL_oAi_74FgEsDh&w=2

TL;DR – Nearly sacked because of a silly bug. Finished top of regular season table, and then lost the league final again.

Actually, the above tells the whole story. We won the 4 quarterfinal and semi final matches by an aggregate of 10-0, and the ties were both over after the first leg, which gave me the chance to rest players. I was pretty confident, and I’d honestly say that we dominated both legs, but either their goalie was great, or our strikers kept shooting straight at him.

I suppose the league doesn’t matter too much. Again, it will make next season a little more interesting and give us something to play for. Just annoying. Of course if I end up getting sacked before I win it even once, it will be annoying as hell. The thing that matters is the CONCACAF Champions League. The group stage was ridiculously easy. Our quarterfinal tie should also be really easy. I just hope that the universe knows it owes me once we get to the semi final. (If we lose to Municipal of Guatemala in the Q/F, I imagine I will be sacked).

If I can win the champions league first time round, I won’t really care about the league. Assuming I’m going to Brazil at some point to win the Libertadores, I don’t need both the Brazilian and Mexican leagues; just one of them.

Top Goalscorer – Isidro Ibarra 20. Isidro is one of my 2 strikers.

Best Average Rating Isidro Ibarra – 7.72

Man of Match – Isidro Ibarra - 5

MVP – The Pachuca goalie in the final was definitely theirs, but for us, obviously, Isidro Ibarra.

Next up is the ACON with Mali. My chances were Slim, and Slim left town after ensuring that most of my best players picked up long term injuries over the last few months. (We’ve played friendlies against good sides with about half my ideal squad out injured). However, I’m about to select my squad, and it looks as though most of the injuries have cleared up significantly ahead of schedule. Clearly their club physios have a very different sense of time. Either that or they thought that my players had broken their legs in 3 places, but if turned out just to be a graze.

I feel that ridiculous optimism creeping in. It always hurts more when I get my hopes up.

Domestic
Season	Team					Position	Notes										Challenge Landmarks
2016	FC Lahti				10th		Just 9 points from the 10 matches remaining after I took over
2017	FC Lahti				3rd		Qualified for Europe
2018	FC Lahti				1st		First domestic title
2019	FC Lahti				1st		The double. First domestic cup
2020	Jeonbuk					1st
2021	Jeonbuk					2nd		Knocked out of CL in semis
2022	Jeonbuk					1st		League / FA Cup / Champions League Triple. CWC 3rd place
2023	Minnesota Utd				14th
2024	Minnesota Utd				7th		Lost on penalties in Western Conference Semifinal
2025/6	Orlando Pirates				3rd		Knockout Cup Winners, failed to qualify for Champions League
2026/7	Orlando Pirates				1st		League, Super 8, Knockout Cup, Nedbank Cup. Won everything basically.
2027/8	Orlando Pirates				1st		League, Super8, Nedbank Cup. Confederation Cup losing finalists.
2028/9	Orlando Pirates				n/a		African Champions League. Left mid-season with the team on track for the threepeat.
2028/9	Rosario Central				18th		Took over for last 2 matches of the season.
2029/30	Rosario Central				1st		4th domestic title
2030/31	Rosario Central				1st	
2031/32	Rosario Central				1st		Threepeat, Copa Argentina, Lost in Libertadores Q/F
2032/33	Rosario Central						Left after 4 matches because we'd been knocked out of the Libertadores.
2032/33	Stade Rennais				7th		Coupe de la ligue
2033/4	Stade Rennais						Resigned after 14 matches
2036(C)	Atlas					4th		5th cup. Lost in league final.
2036(A)	Atlas					1st		Lost in league final again

International
Year	Team					Achievements	
2019-21	Nigeria					None
2021-23	DR Congo				2022 World Cup - R2, 2023 African Cup Losing Finalists
2023-25	Chile					None. Resigned to take South korea job.
2026-27	South Korea				Asian Cup winners
2027-29	South Africa				Lost in African Cup Q/F
2030-31	Brazil					Lost in Copa America final
2031-33	Chile					Resigned again to take Egypt job.
2033-5	Egypt					Lost in African Cup Q/F
2036-	Mali

Challenge Progress

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues 		(Finland, South Korea, South Africa, Argentina)
 5/10 domestic cups 			(Finland, South Korea, South Africa, Argentina, France, Mexico)
 1/5 club continental championships 	(Asia)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments 		(Asia, Africa)
 0/2 world tournaments 

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Hiya I am thinking of starting this challenge again, just wondering what are the easiest countries to get a job with ?

Easier to say the countries you won't be able to get a job with.

You probably won't be able to get a first job with any South or North American nation. This changes slightly depending on the version, but it's unlikely.

I think it's possible to get a first job in most other nations.

Generally one can get first jobs with clubs at English division 2 clubs or equivalent / (I think that equates to 2 star reputation clubs), but that doesn't mean that all clubs at this level will offer you a job. When I've started at quite a high level, lots of other clubs at that level have turned me down, so patience might be rewarded.

In a nutshell, anywhere except America, and I'm not too sure about your chances in Australia.

A new Club!!!

Well it's taken nearly 12 months and LOTS of interviews but I eventually have a new job. It's where I wanted it to be (South Africa) and it's also in the Premiership.

Image result for cape town city fc

If you don't know the badge then I have taken over at Cape Town City. We only have 2 games of the current 22/23 season left and we sit in 12th place but are guaranteed safety for this season.

I am still looking for an international job as well!

Hopefully we can push up the League next season and it won't take too long to be challenging the big boys