The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

1539_zpsikp7fc55.png

2016-17 - Alloa

League Cup

1R 1-0 v. Berwick (A)

2R 1-3 v. Hamilton (A)

A poor performance against a bigger club.

Challenge Cup

1R 2-1 v. East Stirlingshire (H)

2R 1-0 v. Falkirk (H)

3R 1-2 v. Hibernian (A) AET

Unfortunate own goal in the 121st minute against Hibs.

Scottish Cup

3R 1-2 v. Clyde (A)

A weakened team against a lower division opponent. A mistake I won't soon be repeating.

Scottish League One

We started the season quite badly, winning only 2 of our first 5 and looking nowhere near the promotion favourites the media predicted us to be. Then, on deadline day, we signed Greig Spence from promotion rivals Cowdenbeath for his third spell at the club.

And, just like that, we started picking up the wins, storming our way up the table thanks in no small part to Spence having the best season of his career, scoring 20 goals for us (as well as 5 for Cowdenbeath) to take the divisional golden boot by 7 goals. We took the lead of the league in October, and with only one defeat in the last four months of the season, promotion and the title was pretty much a formality.

Fixtures | League | Squad | Transfers

Top scorer: Greig Spence (21 goals), also League One top scorer

Player of the Year: Greig Spence, also League One player of the year

Season   Team         Tier  Position Cup1 Cup2 Cup3 Notes and Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016-17  Alloa        III    1st     3R   2R   3R   Promoted as champions
2015-16  Bangor       I      9th     SF   RU        Took over 13 games; 11th; 11pts;
2015     Wales U19    n/a    3rd 1QR  

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 top domestic leagues ()
 0/10 domestic cups ()
 0/5 club continental championships ()
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments ()
 0/2 world tournaments ()

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mayihavecookie's EURO 2048 Report

170px-FFF.svg.png

I knew it was going to be tough to make it through to the next World Cup. I was sacked after two years, thanks to a Quarter Final out in the European Championship 2048.

We started well enough with two wins against Moldova and Bulgaria, but lost 0-1 to Holland which meant we were only second in our group. So we met Italy in the 2nd Round, but they didn't give us any problems. We beat them 2-1 and qualified for the Quarter Final. There we wet Portugal, and by half time we were down 0-2. We managed to come back and equalised, but Portugal took the lead again with the 2-3. We equalised once more in injury time, and were lucky to go to extra time. No team scored anymore, so we went to penalties. And once again we lost. One of my players hit the post, while Portugal scored on all five attempts. We were out in the Quarter Final, and I was sacked.

So my second attempt at France was over after four years with a World Cup Final and Confederations Cup win. Sadly we won the wrong tournament. I holidayed for two years, until Brazil sacked their manager after the World Cup 2050 and let me take over. Of course France won the World Cup in penalties against Spain.

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation         NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018   South Korea                               Joined 22.7.18
2019   South Korea                 QF            Sacked after losing in the AC QF
2020   Cameroon                                  Joined 17.2.19     
2021   Cameroon                    Won           Won African Cup of Nations
2022   Cameroon             3rd                  Resigned after finishing 3rd in the WC
2023   France         SF                         Joined 17.7.22
2024   France                      QF            Sacked after losing in the EURO QF
2027   Uruguay                     Final         Joined 10.1.17, resigned after losing in the CA Final
2028   Brazil                                    Joined 12.9.17
2029   Brazil                             Won    Won Confederations Cup
2030   Brazil               QF                   Sacked after losing in the WC QF
2031   Mexico                      Final         Lost both Gold Cup & Copa America final
2032   Mexico
2033   Mexico                      Won           Resigned after winning the Gld Cup
2034   England                                   Took over after the World Cup
2035   England
2036   England                     QF            Resigned after losing in the EURO QF    
2038   England                                   Took over after World Cup
2039   England
2040   England                     Won           Won European Championship
2041   England        Final               Final  Lost NL & CC Final    
2042   England              QF                   Resigned after losing in WC QF     
2043   South Korea                 Won           Won Asian Nations Cup   
2044   France         GS                         Joined after European Championship
2045   France                             Won    Won Confederations Cup         
2046   France               Final                Lost in Final of the World Cup  
2047   France         SF
2048   France                      QF           Sacked after losing in the EURO QF             

Tough luck, maybe. It's probably more about my bad manager skills than luck... :) So close yet so far, you're right about that. Though this one has been easy enough:

mayihavecookie's Copa América 2051 Report

150px-Logo_Confederacao_Brasileira_de_Futebol.svg.png

Brazil - Copa América

Superclasico | Games | Copa América

For some reason I wasn't able to play any friendlies this year, only the two before the Copa América. Might be a bug, but it also meant I was able to finish this season very quickly. My first game was the Superclasico de las Américas 2050 where we beat Argentina 2-0.

After that, we didn't play a game for eight months. Only 12 days before the Copa América, we played our first friendly against Ivory Coast. But somehow two third of my squad was marked as "Unavailable" and I had to holiday for one day because I didn't have 11 players. On the 12th of June 2051 we played our last friendly before the tournament, and we beat USA 2-0.

So I went into the Copa América having played just two games, not knowing the players in my squad at all. I just had to hope for the best. In the Group Stage we beat Chile 2-0, Uruguay 4-0 and Ecuador 1-0. In the Quarter Final we met Colombia and we beat them 2-1 with some luck.

Next was Argentina, and we managed to beat them 3-0. Sound like a clear thing, but it wasn't. Argentina was much better in the first half and would have deserved a lead by half time. Instead, we went up 1-0 after 55 minutes. Then we just defended with everything we had, and in the final minutes of the game we scored two more goals to a 3-0 result.

In the end it was a piece of cake. We met Ecuador again in the final. We were 2-0 up at half time. Right after the break, Ecuador scored the 2-1 due to a mistake by my goalkeeper. But then we turned up a level and scored some more goals. We beat Ecuador 7-1 and won the Copa América 2051.

Just one trophy to go, yet it's the biggest one, the World Cup. Please just let it be over!

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014  CHN Renhe             11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
2015  CHN Renhe             2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
2016  CHN Renhe             1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
2017  KOR Chunnam           2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
2018  KOR Jeonbuk           1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
19/20 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     2nd   Won   QF     n/a     Won SA Cup
20/21 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   Won   R1     open    Won SA Cup, Be The Coach and Premier Soccer League
21/22 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   R1    QF     won     Won African Champions League, left after 13 games in 1st
21/22 GER Borussia Dortmund 3rd   F     n/a    n/a     Took over after 26 games in 9th
22/23 GER Borussia Dortmund 1st   F     n/a    EL won  Won Bundesliga and Europa League
23/24 ESP Real Madrid       1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won La Liga and Spanish Cup
24/25 HOL Ajax              1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Eredivisie and Dutch Cup
2025  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   n/a   n/a    Won     Took over after 15 games in 2nd. Won League & Copa Libertadores
2026  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Copa Argentina, Club World Cup and everything else
27/28 ENG Arsenal           1st   Won   Won    EL R2   Won Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup
28/29 ENG Arsenal           2nd   R4    Won    QF      Left 2nd after 33 games, they went on the win League, won C.O.C.
29/30 ITA Juve              2nd   Won   n/a    R2      Won Italian Cup   
30/31 ITA Juve              1st   Won   n/a    SF      Won League & Cup double
2032  USA New York City FC  1st   SF    n/a    Won     Won MLS and NACL
32/33 ENG Manchester City   9th   n/a   n/a    SF      Took over after 30 games in 12th
33/34 FRA PSG               1st   Won   Won    Won     Won League, League Cup, Champions League, Finished Club Part!
34/35
35/36 SUI Grasshoppers      5th   Won   n/a    n/a     Won Cup title in a tenth nation. Really finished club part.

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation         NL     WC    Cont.   Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2018   South Korea                                Joined 22.7.18
2019   South Korea                 QF             Sacked after losing in the AC QF
2020   Cameroon                                   Joined 17.2.19     
2021   Cameroon                    Won            Won African Cup of Nations
2022   Cameroon              3rd                  Resigned after finishing 3rd in the WC
2023   France         SF                          Joined 17.7.22
2024   France                      QF             Sacked after losing in the EURO QF
2027   Uruguay                     Final          Joined 10.1.17, resigned after losing in the CA Final
2028   Brazil                                     Joined 12.9.17
2029   Brazil                              Won    Won Confederations Cup
2030   Brazil                QF                   Sacked after losing in the WC QF
2031   Mexico                      Final          Lost both Gold Cup & Copa America final
2032   Mexico
2033   Mexico                      Won            Resigned after winning the Gld Cup
2034   England                                    Took over after the World Cup
2035   England
2036   England                     QF             Resigned after losing in the EURO QF    
2038   England                                    Took over after World Cup
2039   England
2040   England                     Won            Won European Championship
2041   England        Final                Final  Lost NL & CC Final    
2042   England               QF                   Resigned after losing in WC QF     
2043   South Korea                 Won            Won Asian Nations Cup   
2044   France         GS                          Joined after European Championship
2045   France                              Won    Won Confederations Cup         
2046   France                Final                Lost in Final of the World Cup       
2047   France         SF
2048   France                      QF             Sacked after losing in the EURO QF   
2050   Brazil                                     Took over after World Cup
2051   Brazil                      Won            Won Copa América    

Challenge Progress

11/10 top domestic leagues [China (Renhe 2016), South Korea (Jeonbuk 2018), South Africa (Kaizer Chiefs 20/21), Germany (Dortmund 22/23), Spain (Real Madrid 23/24), Holland (Ajax 24/25), Argentina (Boca 2025), England (Arsenal 27/28), Italy (Juve 30/31), USA (NYCFC 2032), France (PSG 33/34)] COMPLETED!

11/10 domestic cups [China (Renhe 2016) , South Korea (Jeonbuk 2018), South Africa (Kaizer Chiefs 19/20), Spain (Real Madrid 23/24), Holland (Ajax 24/25), Argentina (Boca 2026), England FAC (Arsenal 27/28), England C1C (Arsenal 27/28), Italy (Juve 29/30), France (PSG 33/34), Switzerland (GCZ 35/36)] COMPLETED!

5/5 club continental championships [Asia (Chunnam 2017 and Jeonbuk 2018), Africa (Kaizer Chiefs 21/22), South America (Boca 2025 and 2026), North America (NYCFC 2032), Europe (PSG 33/34)] COMPLETED!

1/1 club world championship (Boca 2026 and PSG 2033) COMPLETED!

5/5 continental tournaments [African Cup of Nations (Cameroon 2021), Gold Cup (Mexico 2033), EURO (England 2040), Asian Nations Cup (South Korea 2043), Copa América (Brazil 2051)] COMPLETED!

1/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup with Brazil)

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

2027 - Internacional / Holland - Brazilian Serie A (Tier 1)

For the new season with International I didn't do a lot in the transfer market, but a few key signings where made, especially the striker Kelvin. I also made 2 important loan moves. Rogerio from Lazio whom I managed before and Palhinha from Juventus, both of them good midfield players.

In the Gaucho State Championship we where rampant all the way. 1 draw and the rest of the games we won all the way to the final against Gremio. We lost away 0-2, but won 4-0 at home for a 4-2 aggregate win and another State Championship.

In the Serie A we started the season with 15-2-0 in the first 17 games and had a sound and clear lead.

In the Copa Libertadores we got the following teams in our group: Independent Santa Fe, Boca Juniors and Atletico Penarol. We won all 6 group matches, but most of them with 1 goal. We then met Boca Juniors again in the 2nd Round and won 2-0 away and then 2-0 at home for a total 4-0 aggregate win. We met Santos FC in the Quarter Final and won easily 3-0 away and could rest a few players in the heavy schedule at home. We lost 1-2 but still progressed with 4-2 aggregate score. In the Semi Finals we met Corinthians probably the hardest opponent. Still in great form we won 5-2 at home and then drew 2-2 away for a 7-4 aggregate win.

In the final we met Rosario Central. A bit of nerves came in and also the players where tired. We won 2-1 away and then 1-0 at home for a total 3-1 win and a Copa Libertadores to tick off.

We had not yet entered the Brazilian Cup and I resigned as manager of International thinking I had done enough in South America for now.

With Holland we would go on to win all 8 matches in the Qualifying for Euro 2028.

Season        Club            League             Pos.   Cup               Info.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League       11th   2nd round     Joined 19th, already out of Cup
2016/17  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League        1st   4th round      Won the league and promoted!
2017/18  HOL  Den Bosch     Eresdivisie           14th   2nd round     Survived in a bad season.
2018/19  SCO  Falkirk       Championship          2nd  Quarter fin.   Promoted after playoffs, 3rd r. of leag. cup
2019/20  SCO  Rangers      Championship           1st  Quarter fin.   Promoted, 3rd r. of leag. cup
2020/21  SCO  Rangers      Premiership              1st   Winners        Double champion, QF of league cup
2021/22  ENG  Aston Villa  Championship           3rd  4th Round     Lost play-off semis, 2nd r. of lag. cup
2022/23  TUR  Kasimpasa   Super League           5th  Semi Final     Took over in 12th pos, already knocked out of euro.comp.
2023/24  BEL  Club Brugge  Pro League             1st   Semi Final     Lost in 1st KO Round of Europa League
2024/25  ITA   Torino       Serie A                12th 4th Qual.r.    Embarrassed the city of Torino, left in march
2025/26  ITA   Lazio         Serie A                 2nd  Winners       Knocked out of group of CL, Quarters of EL
2026    BRA  Internacional Serie A                   1st  Quarter F.     Took over in 9th, Already State Champions and knocked out of Copa Lib.
2027    BRA  Internacional Serie A                   1st  N/A              Won Copa Libertadores, resigned after that, the club won the league afterwards

Season        Nation             World Cup      Cont. Cup            Other
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21     Romania           In qualif.         NA                      Won Nations League B, Promoted to A
2021/22     Romania           4th in group    NA                      Qualified for World Cup, finished bottom
2022/23     Ghana              NA                  Winners              Already qual. for ACON, won it and left
2024/25     Belgium            In qualif.         NA                      Lost in semis of Nations League A
2025/26     Belgium            Quarter Final   NA                      Resigned after World Cup
2026/27     Holland             NA                 In Qualif.             Relegated to Nations League B
2027/28     Holland             NA                 Qualified              Nothing special to note

[b][i]Challenge Progress[/i][/b]

[b]Club[/b]
------------------------------------------
3/10 top domestic leagues (Scotland, Belgium, Brazil)
2/10 domestic cups (Scottish FA Cup, Italian Cup)
1/5 club continental championships  (Copa Libertadores)

[b]International[/b]
-------------------------------------------
1/5 continental tournaments  (Africa)
0/2 world tournaments

mihc -

Please just let it be over!

I feel you.

Earl - Congrats on the Lib. GL in Euro '28. I know it was a while ago, but why did you leave Lazio? You weren't sacked for finishing 2nd, were you?

GJJ - Well done on promotion. Is the plan to stick with alloa and try to get into the SPL, or trade up clubs?

mihc - I feel you.

Earl - Congrats on the Lib. GL in Euro '28. I know it was a while ago, but why did you leave Lazio? You weren't sacked for finishing 2nd, were you?

GJJ - Well done on promotion. Is the plan to stick with alloa and try to get into the SPL, or trade up clubs?

One of many mistakes in FM16. I thought I would get a better team. Internacional was ok, but I really thought I would get one in the Big 5 with even better possibilities than Lazio. Later you will see that I will have to take a step down, and hopefully build my reputation. The jump and bump around technique that I used for changing teams in FM15 definately dont work for me in FM16, so this challenge will be really testing to complete for me. Not sure if I ever can make it really....

TheEarl & Sankalan: I hope so. If I can't win it with Brazil I might never do. I have some very strong defensive players and a world class goalkeeper, much better than what I had with France and England. Most of them will be 32-34 when the World Cup comes, but I feel like we have some talented youngsters as well. And they still have two years to develop now. The only problem at the moment is the lack of forwards. We heavily depend on a 33 year old striker that might already be retired by 2054. If one or two strong young forwards appear in my National Pool until then, I have a good feeling about this.

Vikeologist: Thank you. I have put so many more hours in this than I would have imagined, back when I won that last club trophy with PSG 20 years ago. I look forward to some time off the game once I'm finished.

Sherwinriga: I'm sure I will have to beat France if I am to win the World Cup. Don't think someone else will do the dirty work for us. Likely we'll also meet them once before that, in the Confederations Cup 2053.

T&TD[/u] - Congrats on your first 5 trophies. (I realise you got the CSL a while back). You're probably right about the world club cup. I stayed on because it's so soon after the African Champions league ends. The ridiculous ease that one can get to the latter stages of the African CL just makes it more bitter if you come a cropper at the every end, so I'm glad you escaped that outcome. Where next I wonder. Was it you that was having trouble getting a top job in S Korea. I wonder if that will have changed. I'm interested in the dynamics of getting jobs in FM16. I'd say in FM15, you would be very eligible, so let's see. Of course, you have a range of other directions that you could go in.

My reputation is getting better, it says Fairly Good when i hover over it 3LNBFAt.png and i have the continental pro licence.

After leaving Sundowns i turned down offers from practically every South African team and four national teams, Sweden, Ukraine, Poland and Norway. The highest star rating was Sweden at 3 stars. I applied for 3 jobs before taking the one i am at now. Leicester City who were bottom of the Premier League and RBL of the Bundesliga who are second bottom. Both are 3.5 star National reputation teams and i got offered both jobs. 4 Star Continental rating Bremen of the Bundesliga turned me down straight away after i applied.

I turned down Leicester and RBL as i didnt think they would avoid relegation and i didnt want to ruin my reputation by being the man who took them down even though i would only have had a dozen games in charge.

The club i joined, Suwon in the K League. When i declared interest i was called an outsider but they offered me the job. I made no demands or anything in the interview. They are a 3 star team. who at joining were 8th out of 12 teams with 13 games played in the league and in the Champions League 2nd Round. So an immediate crack at the Asian Champions League.

mayihavecookie's Last Update?

150px-Logo_Confederacao_Brasileira_de_Futebol.svg.png

Brazil - World Cup 2054

Haha, well no. I was lucky enough to be allowed to continue until the World Cup after we played really bad in the Confederations Cup. We went out in the Semi Final against Ivory Coast and then lost 4-5 in penalties against France to finish 4th. My Job Security went down to Insecure, but the board allowed me to continue my work. But I knew we would need a miracle in the World Cup after that performance.

I'm writing this update from work so I don't have the game open, but I think we played Tunisia, Belgium and Mexico in the group stage. We lost against Mexico but beat the other two to finish 2nd in the group. In the First Knockout Round we met Argentina, which was a good thing as we have won all our games against them so far (2 or 3 times in the Superclasico, twice in the WC Qualifiers and once in the Copa América). We won 2-1 and qualified for the Quarter Final. There it was England who beat us 1-3 after we had a 1-0 lead at half time.

So I was sacked once again. Really upset about our performance. I still feel like we had a strong team. We just weren't dangerous enough going forward. I already had a lack of strong strikers, but then two players were injured for the tournament and I had to take two young forwards with me who hadn't scored a single goal for Brazil so far. I was stubborn to keep playing a 4-4-2 even though I didn't have the forwards I needed. Should have gone for a different tactical approach.

France had a terrible tournament and went out in QF as well, so they sacked their manager. That means I am back for a third spell with France. Not really sure how strong they still are. They won the World Cup four years ago but played bad at the EURO 2052 and now had an even worse World Cup. Let's hope for the best.

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation         NL     WC    Cont.   Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
2018   South Korea                                Joined 22.7.18
2019   South Korea                 QF             Sacked after losing in the AC QF
2020   Cameroon                                   Joined 17.2.19     
2021   Cameroon                    Won            Won African Cup of Nations
2022   Cameroon              3rd                  Resigned after finishing 3rd in the WC
2023   France         SF                          Joined 17.7.22
2024   France                      QF             Sacked after losing in the EURO QF
2027   Uruguay                     Final          Joined 10.1.17, resigned after losing in the CA Final
2028   Brazil                                     Joined 12.9.17
2029   Brazil                              Won    Won Confederations Cup
2030   Brazil                QF                   Sacked after losing in the WC QF
2031   Mexico                      Final          Lost both Gold Cup & Copa America final
2032   Mexico
2033   Mexico                      Won            Resigned after winning the Gld Cup
2034   England                                    Took over after the World Cup
2035   England
2036   England                     QF             Resigned after losing in the EURO QF    
2038   England                                    Took over after World Cup
2039   England
2040   England                     Won            Won European Championship
2041   England        Final                Final  Lost NL & CC Final    
2042   England               QF                   Resigned after losing in WC QF     
2043   South Korea                 Won            Won Asian Nations Cup   
2044   France         GS                          Joined after European Championship
2045   France                              Won    Won Confederations Cup         
2046   France                Final                Lost in Final of the World Cup       
2047   France         SF
2048   France                      QF             Sacked after losing in the EURO QF   
2052   Brazil
2053   Brazil                              SF     Went out in SF of Conf. Cup
2054   Brazil                QF                   Sacked after losing in the WC QF
2055   France                                     Took over after World Cup

Challenge Progress

11/10 top domestic leagues [China (Renhe 2016), South Korea (Jeonbuk 2018), South Africa (Kaizer Chiefs 20/21), Germany (Dortmund 22/23), Spain (Real Madrid 23/24), Holland (Ajax 24/25), Argentina (Boca 2025), England (Arsenal 27/28), Italy (Juve 30/31), USA (NYCFC 2032), France (PSG 33/34)] COMPLETED!

11/10 domestic cups [China (Renhe 2016) , South Korea (Jeonbuk 2018), South Africa (Kaizer Chiefs 19/20), Spain (Real Madrid 23/24), Holland (Ajax 24/25), Argentina (Boca 2026), England FAC (Arsenal 27/28), England C1C (Arsenal 27/28), Italy (Juve 29/30), France (PSG 33/34), Switzerland (GCZ 35/36)] COMPLETED!

5/5 club continental championships [Asia (Chunnam 2017 and Jeonbuk 2018), Africa (Kaizer Chiefs 21/22), South America (Boca 2025 and 2026), North America (NYCFC 2032), Europe (PSG 33/34)] COMPLETED!

5/5 continental tournaments [African Cup of Nations (Cameroon 2021), Gold Cup (Mexico 2033), EURO (England 2040), Asian Nations Cup (South Korea 2043), Copa América (Brazil 2051)] COMPLETED!

1/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup with Brazil)

mihc - How gutting. I hope you win next time. You're going to scare people off this challenge. It's weird to think of all the nations that you haven't managed; Spain, Holland, Italy and as you'gve mentioned Argentina have no love for you. I'm not sure anybody has managed italy. Maybe not. All those other nations have been managed by at least 1 of us who's completed. . Anyway, given your success with Boca, it is a bit weird that argentina have turned you down in the past. Of course some nations do have biases against foreign managers, including one or more of the above (I just checked), but I'm not going to say which ones as that's kind of spoilerish.

mayihavecookie's EURO 2056 Report

170px-FFF.svg.png

Games 2055 | Games 2056 | Profile

We had a good campaign in the EURO Qualifiers and made it to the Semi Finals of the Nations League. There we were beaten 0-1 by England.

The European Championship was ridiculous. We lost our first game 2-3 (against England again), then beat Hungary 7-1 and Serbia 8-1. In the Second Round we met Germany and beat them 4-1. Next was a 4-0 against Turkey followed by an 8-2 against Belgium. We ended the tournament with a 3-1 win against Spain to become European Champions 2056. We scored a total of 36 goals and conceded 9 :lol:

We are playing well. I decided to go back to the attacking style that was responsible for most of my success in this career. I have tried to play a different kind of football lately but I didn't have the success I hoped for in the last 20 years, so I'm back to what I'm comfortable with. Only thing that worries me a bit are the two defeats against England.

Now I'll have to survive the Confederations Cup once again and then I'll have another go at the World Cup.

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

2019   South Korea                 QF            Sacked after losing in the AC QF
2022   Cameroon             3rd                  Resigned after finishing 3rd in the WC
2024   France                      QF            Sacked after losing in the EURO QF
2027   Uruguay                     Final         Joined 10.1.17, resigned after losing in the CA Final
2030   Brazil               QF                   Sacked after losing in the WC QF
2031   Mexico                      Final         Lost both Gold Cup & Copa America final
2032   Mexico
2033   Mexico                      Won           Resigned after winning the Gld Cup
2035   England
2036   England                     QF            Resigned after losing in the EURO QF    
2039   England
2044   France         GS                         Joined after European Championship
2047   France         SF
2048   France                      QF           Sacked after losing in the EURO QF 
2052   Brazil
2054   Brazil                QF                   Sacked after losing in the WC QF
2055   France         SF                          Took over after World Cup          
2056   France                      Won          Won European Championship  

mihc - How gutting. I hope you win next time. You're going to scare people off this challenge. It's weird to think of all the nations that you haven't managed; Spain, Holland, Italy and as you'gve mentioned Argentina have no love for you. I'm not sure anybody has managed italy. Maybe not. All those other nations have been managed by at least 1 of us who's completed. . Anyway, given your success with Boca, it is a bit weird that argentina have turned you down in the past. Of course some nations do have biases against foreign managers, including one or more of the above (I just checked), but I'm not going to say which ones as that's kind of spoilerish.

I don't hope so. But you're right, it has grown quiet here. So everyone who doesn't want to start this challenge anymore because of me: I had a lot of fun with the club part of the challenge. International management isn't for me, but that doesn't mean you're not going to enjoy it either. Just look at the people who finished this already ;)

Now that I don't have to win the Copa América anymore there really isn't any reason to take over Argentina. Closest they ever came to WC success in my save was two third places in 2018 and 2042. Italy has never been great either. Holland isn't even a top nation anymore in my save. I wouldn't rate them higher than Switzerland or Portugal.

I don't hope so. But you're right, it has grown quiet here. So everyone who doesn't want to start this challenge anymore because of me: I had a lot of fun with the club part of the challenge. International management isn't for me, but that doesn't mean you're not going to enjoy it either. Just look at the people who finished this already ;)

I've noticed it has gone a bit quiet in here too - I think a few have gone to attempt the SAF challenge.

I almost did, but couldn't tear myself away from this one!!

MIHC - I feel your loathing of International management, I too find it a burden, although I must confess until my last save got corrupted, I was beginning to get into it a little.

Good luck in your pursuit of the holy grail

I hope this doesnt go quite. I have another few updates to post soon, but I must admit I dont have much time to play these days. Work has taken a lot of time, but next week will hopefully be better.

1539_zpsikp7fc55.png

2017-18 - Alloa

League Cup

1R 1-1 v. Peterhead (A) won on penalties (Longridge)

2R 0-1 v. Ross County (A)

Went out away to a higher division club. Ho-hum.

Challenge Cup

1R 2-0 v. Dunfermline (A) (Williams, McAusland)

2R 5-0 v. Brora (H) (McCluskey 4, Spence)

3R 4-2 v. Morton (A) (Paun, Spence, Layne 2)

SF 4-1 v. Livingston (A) (McCluskey 3, Layne)

F 0-1 v. Hibernian (H) AET

Once again, Hibs sneak a win in extra time to knock us out of the Challenge Cup. We got a bit further than last time though, so it's a shame. But this isn't a top division trophy, not like...

Scottish Cup

3R 2-0 v. East Stirlingshire (A) (Smith, Spence)

4R 2-0 v. Formantine United (A) (Kigbu, Layne)

5R 0-0 v. St Mirren (H)

RP 3-2 v. St Mirren (A) (Layne 2, Forbes)

QF 1-1 v. Falkirk (A) (Layne)

RP 1-0 v. Falkirk (H) AET (Forbes)

At this point, it's all going well. Final 4! We've snuck past two tough teams in St Mirren and Falkirk, and now, so long as we get a good draw, we could be going to the fi...

SF 0-6 v. Celtic (Hampden Park)

Ah.

Scottish Championship

The season started quite well, we were unbeaten in our first 4, and despite a few losses, we were on the fringes of the play-offs at the halfway mark. And then...

The goals dried up, and we kept on making errors, failing to maintain leads. We only won 3 games in the second half of the season, but that combined with our strong start managed to save us from relegation.

Fixtures | League | Squad | Transfers

Top scorer: Isaac Layne (23 goals)

Player of the Year: Mark Williams

Season   Team         Tier  Position Cup1 Cup2 Cup3 Notes and Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18  Alloa        II     8th     SF   2R   RU 
2016-17  Alloa        III    1st     3R   2R   3R   Promoted as champions
2015-16  Bangor       I      9th     SF   RU        Took over 13 games; 11th; 11pts;
2015     Wales U19    n/a    3rd 1QR  

Challenge Progress

Club
 0/10 domestic cups ()

International
 0/2 world tournaments ()

Season 2016/17: GS Panaigialeios

This has been a strange season as it took five months to get through due to playing other games meaning that I kept dipping in and out to play a match here and there.

It means that I can't remember much about the season as a whole. In the cup I went out in the 2nd round group stage finishing with one draw and two defeats.

The league was fairly consistant in terms of performance and team selection as I didn't put much thought or effort in. It seems the consistancy was the key as we kept plugging away to win the B division quite comfortably.

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups ()

0/1 club world championship ()

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

Misc

Promotions - 1

Seasons:

CLUB CAREER
                                      Leagues         Cups
Season     NAT      Club               1st    2nd      1st    2nd    Cont.    CWC    Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    GRE      Panaigialeios      8th - B division                              Last 9 games
2016/17    GRE      Panaigialeios      1st - B division                              Promoted

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
       Rank        Cups
Year    Nation    FIFA    NL    World    Cont.    Conf.    Other & Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats on completing the challenge Vike, was glad to see you'd completed it :) it's was your journey that inspired me to start it on the previous version and to give it a go with this one.

blackdevil nice promotion. Greece is a country where no one in this challenge has won the Super League yet (as far as I remember), I won the Greek Cup with Olympiakos on FM15. Do you plan to get a better greek club or stay with your team in the higher division?

Thanks :) I don't have any long term plan at present in terms of progression. I've signed a one year contract extension to see if I can keep them in the Super League so will see how that goes and it also gives me time to get more coaching badges.

How long I'll stay will depend if I'm enjoying it as I expect it'll be difficult to topple Olympiakos and Panathinaikos or current champions AEK. I expect if a club that I consider an upgrade makes me an offer then I'll probably go, but I won't be actively hunting a new club just yet.

update - Just had the fixture list for the upcoming season and we start away to last seasons runner-ups Olympiakos followed by a home game against third placed Panathinaikos and to top it off we're then away to the champions AEK. Welcome to the Super League :)

Cliftonville - End Of Season 17/18

So, as the League Cup in Northern Ireland allows all clubs, including the top division (same as England) I've got my first trophy in the challenge when I won the league cup

In Europe I got hammered in the first qualifying round, but it did give me a bit of cash to help through the season.

The Irish Cup saw me knocked out in the quarter final and in the league I finished 4th (was predicted second)

So, the fact I finished one place outside the European places this time will affect the bank balance - the club is £250k in the red.

The finances are the reason the board STILL won't allow me to study for my first coaching badge, so I still don't have any qualifications and my reputation is a lowly 10% (I bet Mourinho is ******** himself!!!)

I think I've a decent enough squad to challenge for the title this year - in fact I have no choice but to challenge for the title as the board want me to win the league!!

I've chosen not to renew my contract so I'm currently on a "month to month" basis, which could prove risky, but my thinking is if the board want rid of me they would sack me anyway and in the meantime if I apply for other jobs (as I have been) then the fact there will be no compensation to pay to Cliftonville could work in my favour.

We shall see.........!!

Season	 Team 	 	Country		Position		Notes          
15/16	Linfield	N. Ireland	6th			Took over in December, sacked before the end of the season
16/17	Cliftonville	N. Ieland	3rd			Took over in January, Euro Qualification
17/18	Cliftonville	N. Ireland	4th			League Cup Winners							

International

Challenge Progress
Club
1/10 domestic cups (N. Ireland)

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Season 2017/18: GS Panaigialeios

It turned out to be a season of two halves, inconsistant form in the first followed by a good run in the second.

Having recruited a large number of players during the summer it too a while for the squad to settle into any sort of consistancy.

At the turn of the year came an upturn in form as we pulled away from the relegation zone and secured safety in comfortable fashion.

Once we were safe we played without any pressure and snatched the final spot for the Euro playoff.

One thing that does seem to be consistant is poor performances in the cup as I was again knocked out in the 2nd round group stage.

I wasn't aware but if we'd have won the playoff games we'd have been in the Champions League but it wasn't to be as Olympiakos are a class above us at present.

We finished 3rd in the playoff so I'm hoping I'll avoid a qualifying round...we shall see.

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups ()

International

0/2 world tournaments

Misc

Promotions - 1

Seasons:

CLUB CAREER
                                                  Leagues        Cups
Season    NAT    Club                1st    2nd       1st    2nd    Cont.    CWC    Other & Notes
2015/16   GRE    Panaigialeios  8th - B division                                     Last 9 games
2016/17   GRE    Panaigialeios  1st - B division                                     Promoted
2017/18   GRE    Panaigialeios  5th - Superleague                                    3rd in Euro playoff 

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                         Rank            Cups
Year    Nation    FIFA    NL    World    Cont.    Conf.    Other & Notes

blackdevil - excellent progress. Not sure anyone's ever qualified for europe so quickly. I await seeing if your form in the second half of the season will result in you being title contenders next season. Or you could leave for a title contender, but so far this year everybody seems unwilling (or not given the opportunity) to be that ruthless.

3L1G - congrats on your first trophy. Given your history with and contribution to the challenge i hope it's the first of many, and eventually all.

GJJ - I hope that your next season is successful. Are you making a switch at the stiker position, or do you think they just went through a lean spell?

mihc - WCongrats on another Confederations Cup. Given that it should be the hardest trophy to win, that's quite an achievement. I'm eagerly awaiting your next, and hopefully final, update.

There's not been many options to jump ship so far even though Olympiakos and Panathinaikos have changed their managers to Ronald Koeman & Răzvan Lucescu respectively. With very limited experience and even now just studying for the continental C coaching badge the changes at those clubs came to soon. Can't see Jürgen Klinsmann at AEK getting the chop soon either after back to back titles. Looking further afield to other leagues there's not been a clear step up that I'd get either for the same reasons.

I was going to leave at the end of last season but qualifying for the Europa League changed my mind so I've signed for a further two seasons.

I've also activated the "big 5" leagues and removed some of the smaller ones as I look to the future progression.

If you are interested in doing a harder challenge, where you MUST add lower ranked countries to compete, try my challenge:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/454217-The-Tetradecagon-Challenge-continuation-of-an-old-challenge

Read about this, might attempt this at a later stage, but read your comment also that your challenge is harder. I promise you this challenge is hard enough in FM16, getting the right clubs is not that easy at all. But good luck to you, and as I said I might give it a go later. The thing about UFMC is that you cant just pick the club you want, you have to earn the right to manage it ;)

Decided to give this a go!

Holidayed through the first 2 months of the game so it wouldn't be the same clubs available. 2nd September and I applied for the Tampines Rovers FC job, one of the most successful clubs in Singapore, winning the league three times in the last five seasons. The club are currently 4th in the league, with only 7 games of the season left, 5 points from the top. The club have already won the S.League Cup and were knocked out of the RHB Singapore Cup in the preliminary round.

CLUB CAREER
                                        League                        Cups
Season        Club                                                   1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC          | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015    SIN   Tampines Rovers FC         S.League - 4th*                                             | Took over with 7 games left

* - Denotes season in progress

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                         Competitions
Season   Team                                  WC   CC   CA   EC   GC   ACON   ANC             | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                              | 

Challenge Progress
Club
0/10 domestic cups )

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

GwilymJJames Well done on avoiding relegation, good luck next season.

blackdevil Nice one, promotion and straight to Europe, well done. Greece is an interesting league. I once managed there for one season in an older FM. I was relegated. Don't remember which club though. ;)

threelions Congratulations on your first title!

vike I progressed until right before the World Cup but didn't find the time to play the WC yet. I'm also a bit scared :lol:

Warro Welcome to the challenge

GS Panaigialeios: 2018/19 Season

We approached the season with optimism and excitement following our qualification for the Europa League which would see us enter at the 3rd qualifying round stage. Our opponents? Girondins de Bordeaux. Away in the first leg saw us battered 3-1 as we were second best in all departments. In the second leg we battled to a creditable 3-2 win to see us knocked out 5-4 on aggregate. Whilst disappointing as I though we could have made the group stage with a slightly nicer draw it demonstrated that Bordeaux were a level above where we were accross the board.

Domestically the consistancy we demonstrated in the second half of last season continued. Our counter attacking style catching teams out as they underestimated us and then killing them off as they tried to get back into the game. The league title was wrapped with three games to go as our nearest challengers Olympiakos faltered with a draw against Olympiakos Volou who'd already been relegated. They went on to loose the last two games against bottom half teams Veroia and Iraklis to make the league table look more confortable that it was for most of the season.

Improvement also in the Greek Cup as we progressed out of the second round group stage for the first time in my tenure. Once out of the group we made easy work of Olympiakos Volou, Agrotikos Asteras & Asteras Tripolis to reach the final against AS PAOK Salonika. Last season we'd struggled against PAOK drawing three and loosing once. This season we drew once and won twice with both wins seeing us score four goals. And just as we sealed the league title by beating PAOK we also sealed the cup against them, running out 4-1 winners.

Challenge Progress:

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (GRE)

1/10 domestic cups (GRE)

International

0/2 world tournaments

Seasons:

CLUB CAREER
						Leagues		Cups
Season	NAT	Club		Division		1st	2nd	1st	2nd	Cont.	CWC	Other & Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16	GRE	Panaigialeios	B division		8th		n/a				Last 9 games
2016/17	GRE	Panaigialeios	B division		1st		round 2				Promoted
2017/18	GRE	Panaigialeios	Superleague		5th		round 2				3rd in Euro playoff
2018/19	GRE	Panaigialeios	Superleague		1st		Winners				Champions & Cup winners

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
		Rank		Cups
Year	Nation		FIFA	NL	World	Cont.	Conf.	Other & Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mihc - It's the first time I've managed here too and although the quality is lacking throughout the league in general the teams are fairly even. And I seem to have caught Olympiakos as they are going through a poor spell which helps :)

Amazing run blackdevil I think as I said you are the first in this challenge to have won the Greek Superleague.

What is your salary per annum compared to the likes of Olympiakos and Panathinaikos?

Didn't know I could see stats like that lol took a little digging around to find it:

Salary per Annum table: League position in brackets:

1. £14.99m - Olympiakos (2nd)

2. £12.04m - AEK (5th)

3. £8.83m - PAOK (3rd)

4. £6.08m - Panaigialeios (1st)

5. £5.08m - Atromitos (7th)

6. £3.78m - Panathinaikos (4th)

12. £1.88m - PAS Giannina (6th)

I have recently re-negotiated some contracts so don't know if that will have already affected the table, possibly without the new contracts it was £5.17m. (loaded previous save to check)

Didn't know I could see stats like that lol took a little digging around to find it:

Salary per Annum table: League position in brackets:

1. £14.99m - Olympiakos (2nd)

2. £12.04m - AEK (5th)

3. £8.83m - PAOK (3rd)

4. £6.08m - Panaigialeios (1st)

5. £5.08m - Atromitos (7th)

6. £3.78m - Panathinaikos (4th)

12. £1.88m - PAS Giannina (6th)

I have recently re-negotiated some contracts so don't know if that will have already affected the table, possibly without the new contracts it'd be about 4 or 5 mil.

Interesting to see, in my game around this date I cant remember exactly, but I think Olympiakos had around £25m salary

These numbers by the way is NOT the clubs budget, but the actual spending, so the budgets could be either lower or higher.

Still a remarkable achievement with Panaigialeios at this stage to beat the top teams in the division.

Walter White retires with World Cup Title

Egd4iVF.jpg

The legendary France manager announced his plan to retire from football at a press conference following the World Cup final. The 65 year old started his manager career in 2014 in China when he was upgraded from youth player to manager of the 1st team at Guizhou Renhe, aged 21. In his first season he avoided relegation, then he went on to win the Chinese FA Cup in 2015 and 2016 and finally the Chinese Super League 2016. White then left China and took over Chunnam Dragons in the South Korean K-League Classic. He didn't manage to win the league with Chunnam, but he won his first continental title in 2017, when his team won the Asian Champions League. After one season, White left Chunnam for Jeonbuk and in his first season he won the triple: K-League, Korean Cup and Asian Champions League again.

In 2018, Walter White took his first international job when he became manager of the South Korean national team. He was sacked after 6 months and left Asia for Africa. In 2019 he took over Kaizer Chiefs and Cameroon and had three very succesful years on the continent. With Kaizer Chiefs he became South African champions twice, won the African Champions League twice and collected four other titles. With Cameroon he won the African Cup of Nations in 2021 and reached the 3rd place at the 2022 World Cup.

In March 2022, White got his first job at a European top team. He took over Dortmund 10 games before the end of the season in 9th and managed to finish the season in 3rd to qualify for the Champions League. In his second season, he won the Bundesliga and the Europa League. Then he took over Real Madrid and he won La Liga and the Spanish Cup in his year with Madrid. During that time he also started his first spell with the French national team, a team he would go on to manage three times over his career. After a year with Ajax where he won the Eredivisie and the Dutch Cup, White left Europe and moved to South America.

Walter White took over Boca Juniors in 2025 and stayed for two years. In these two years he won 10 titles, including the Argentine Premier Division, the Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana and the Club World Championship. He also managed Uruguay for a year and took them to the final of the Copa América.

In 2027, Walter came back to Europe when he was appointed Arsenal manager. He won the Premier League and two cup competitions before he left for Juventus. He stayed in Italy for two years and won the Serie A and the Italian Cup. Then he moved to America again, this time he took over New York City FC and the Mexican national team. With NYCFC he won the MLS and the North American Champions League. With Mexico he won the Gold Cup 2033 and almost sensationally won the Copa América with the Mexican U23, but was stopped by Brazil in penalties in the final.

In spring 2033 he went back to Europe to take over Man City as caretaker manager for two months. He used this job to get back into European football. In summer 2033 he took over Paris St-Germain and finally won his biggest club title, the European Champions League. With PSG he also won the Ligue 1, the French League Cup and the Club World Championship. After that, he only managed national teams, except for a short spell at Grasshopper Club Zürich, where he was in charge for two months in 2036 and won the Swiss Cup.

In 2040, Walter White won the European Championship with England, three years later he added an Asian Nations Cup with South Korea. In 2044 he took over the French national team for a second time and won the Confederations Cup 2045. Then he was unemployed for two years before he was reappointed Brazil manager. With Brazil he won the Copa América in 2050.

In 2054, Walter White took over France a third time. And in his four years with the team, he won the European Championship 2056, the Confederations Cup 2057 and the World Cup 2058 before he decided to end his career.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We did it! After 44 years, in my sixth attempt at the World Cup it finally happened. The longer the tournament went on the more confident I became that this was our time. We started off with three wins in the group stage (7-1 against Czech Republic, 5-0 against Honduras and 2-0 against Uruguay), then we beat Spain 2-0 in the 2nd Round, and all around us our biggest rivals went out of the tournament before meeting us. Argentina, Brazil, Italy and Holland were out in the 2nd Round.

In the Quarter Final we met Germany. I've rarely seen a more one sided game in a WC QF, we were so much better. But even though we had more than 10 shots on target, 60% possesion, 10 corners and hit the crossbar twice, we were down 0-1 by half time. But I was sure we would make it. And indeed, the equaliser came in minute 52. But we didn't manage to score a second time and had to go to extra time. German keeper Sokolov had an incredible game. Still, in extra time we finally managed to score, and in the end we won 4-1. 59-4 shots, 22-4 on target, 59% possession, 23-2 corners: It was a deserved win. Meanwhile Portugal, England and Mexico crashed out, and it was us, Switzerland, Nigeria and Croatia in the semi finals.

We beat Croatia 5-1 and met Nigeria in the final, the first African team in history to ever reach a World Cup final. They had beaten Belgium, Brazil, England and Switzerland on their way to the final, but they were no match for us. The game was decided after 20 minutes. In the end, we won 6-0 to grab our fifth World Cup and my 32nd and final title for this challenge!

It has been a crazy journey. Having to wait all these years for the final titles after I had already finished the club side of the competition in 2034 (faster than anyone else so far ;)) was annoying. But it showed me how difficult it is to have success in this game if you rely only on your tactics and can't give yourself an advantage with good scouting and squad building. It also showed how far I am from actually being good in this game, and how much I hate cup competitions :lol:

Thanks to everyone for making this challenge so fun, for your encouragement and for following my progress. Good luck to everyone still doing this challenge. I will stick around and try to keep posting and commenting in this thread, even though I will not do the challenge again in FM16.

Some final screen shots:

Games 2058 | World Cup | Profile | Stats | Hall of Fame

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014  CHN Renhe             11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
2015  CHN Renhe             2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
2016  CHN Renhe             1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
2017  KOR Chunnam           2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
2018  KOR Jeonbuk           1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
19/20 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     2nd   Won   QF     n/a     Won SA Cup
20/21 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   Won   R1     open    Won SA Cup, Be The Coach and Premier Soccer League
21/22 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   R1    QF     won     Won African Champions League, left after 13 games in 1st
21/22 GER Borussia Dortmund 3rd   F     n/a    n/a     Took over after 26 games in 9th
22/23 GER Borussia Dortmund 1st   F     n/a    EL won  Won Bundesliga and Europa League
23/24 ESP Real Madrid       1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won La Liga and Spanish Cup
24/25 HOL Ajax              1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Eredivisie and Dutch Cup
2025  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   n/a   n/a    Won     Took over after 15 games in 2nd. Won League & Copa Libertadores
2026  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Copa Argentina, Club World Cup and everything else
27/28 ENG Arsenal           1st   Won   Won    EL R2   Won Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup
28/29 ENG Arsenal           2nd   R4    Won    QF      Left 2nd after 33 games, they went on the win League, won C.O.C.
29/30 ITA Juve              2nd   Won   n/a    R2      Won Italian Cup   
30/31 ITA Juve              1st   Won   n/a    SF      Won League & Cup double
2032  USA New York City FC  1st   SF    n/a    Won     Won MLS and NACL
32/33 ENG Manchester City   9th   n/a   n/a    SF      Took over after 30 games in 12th
33/34 FRA PSG               1st   Won   Won    Won     Won League, League Cup, Champions League, Finished Club Part!
34/35
35/36 SUI Grasshoppers      5th   Won   n/a    n/a     Won Cup title in a tenth nation. Really finished club part.

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

2032   Mexico
2035   England
2039   England
2047   France         SF
2052   Brazil
2055   France         SF                          Took over after World Cup          
2056   France                      Won          Won European Championship  
2057   France                              Won    Won Confederations Cup
2058   France                Won                  Won World Cup and finished the Challenge

Challenge Progress

5/5 continental tournaments [African Cup of Nations (Cameroon 2021), Gold Cup (Mexico 2033), EURO (England 2040, France 2056), Asian Nations Cup (South Korea 2043), Copa América (Brazil 2051)] COMPLETED!

2/2 world tournaments [Confederations Cup (Brazil 2029, France 2045, France 2057), World Cup (France 2058)] COMPLETED!

mihc - Congratulations. Delighted you've completed. It feels like the end of an era, as you'll probably be the last person to complete on FM15. Hopefully pug407 will complete on FM16.

Of course the challenge isn't really just about completing, but I could really sympathise with your tough climb to the end. I think you are pretty good at international football (3 Confederation Cups speaks to that) but one needs a wee bit of luck as well. I salute your endurance.

As some of you may know, I'm doing the youth challenge at the moment, and after having a similar spell at the end of this challenge just trying to get the international trophies, I miss international management not one bit.

blackdevil -Congrats on picking up your brace of silverware. Good luck at Newcastle. They were the club I spent longest at in the challenge.

WarroOxford- Welcome back to the challenge. weren't you one fo the first to start it? Well, you were on the first page of the original challenge anyway. GL in Singapore.

mihc - Thanks for letting me know. I was never able to see your screenshots. I suppose I should have asked. An equally great achievement.

Pretty certain sankalan said he did it on full-fat, even though he used an add-on that enabled him to get instant results.