The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

Honestly speaking(though everyone has their own way) starting low down in Europe will probably only add up years: you will HAVE to drop down to the South African Level, and then lose any reputation you built. I know because while I was in europe, I once applied for one of the big Five(can't remember which) and they offered me the post, but I chose to go Mexico instead(Hope I am not mixing things up) but later when I had moved to Asia in lesser leagues, even Portugal laughed off interest from my side, clearly showing that my reputation had dropped.

That said, I think Earl finished the clubs side in 2039 as well, so it is not that magnificient.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Sankalan on completing the Challenge.

In my own save, at the first attempt i won my first Continental, the NACL with Vancouver. I'll do up a report when im back at my laptop. The quarter finals started just as the new MLS season started but i paid no attention to the league, resting key players week in week out to keep them injury free for the NACL games and it obviously worked. I'm looking to move on now asap but there is only 1 club job available, Leicester City in the English Championship, not for me. I looked at the job security page and saw Melbourne Victory's manager was insecure, the A-League is over but the Asian Champs League is still ongoing and Melbourne need just one point from their last group game to secure a place in the knockouts. I declared interest, the manager was sacked, i was made bookies favourite for the job but 2 weeks have passed but still no news. Hopefully i get it and can have a try at the ACL.

Pug's Update Season 2022/23

[centereQtqQAM.jpg][/center]

This Update Starts With The 2022 World Cup. First Up Was A Group Involving Me Brazil-Czech Republic And South Korea.

After Winning All 3 Matches And Favourites Brazil Going Out Bottom. We Were Drawn Against Paraquay Which We Won 5-0.

Up Next Was Colombia With A 3-0 Win. In The Semi Came Argentina With A Lucky 1-0 Don't Know How I Won. Up Next In The

Final Was France In A Very Entertaining Game. Which Was Won 4-2 And World Champions SPAIN

5rwiGUy.png?1

xvAqW5W.png

I Only Choose To Play In Mexico Was To Win The CONCACAF Champions League. Which Monterrey Were Part Of Having Won

The Mexican League. Up First In The Group Stage Were Comunicaciones And Defence Force. With 4 Out Of 4 Wins We Qualified

With Ease. Up Next Was Seattle With A 1-2 Defeat At Home I Didn't Think I Was Going Any Further. We Pull A Goal Back Early

And Went On To Win 4-3. Up Next Was Pumas With A Very Good Aggregate Score Of 8-3. So In To The Finals Against Another

Mexican Club Tigres with A Aggregate Of 8-1 We Were Champs

Ln6Frac.png?1

So It's Back Over To Europe And French Side Marseille. With Me Been On Holiday And Wife And Kids Away I'll Be Updating More.

Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                              1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC                                                                        

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Cambridge Utd                                                               Promoted To Div 1.Won JPT                     
2016/17    Cambridge Utd                           Won                                 Promoted To Championship.
2017/18    Cambridge Utd                      Won                                      Promoted To Premier League,Won FA Cup
2018/19    Newcastle Utd       Won                                                     Won The Premier League
2019/20    Newcastle Utd       Won                 Won     Won                         Premier league/C1C/Champions League
2020/21    Newcastle Utd                                         Won                   Won Club World Cup
2020/21    Dortmund                           Won                                      Resigned NUFC Took Over Dortmund In 12th
2021/22    Dortmund            Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2022/23    Monterrey                                       Won                         Won N American Champions League
2023/24    Monterrey                                                                   Resigned
2023/24    Marseille

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                        World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
2015/16   Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2016/17   France U21                                                                                  Won U21 Championship
2018/19   England U21
2019/20   Algeria                                                                                     Never Played A Game
2020/21   Spain                                                                                       
2021/22   Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2022/23   Spain          Won                                                                          Won The World Cup
2023/24   Spain                                                                                       

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 Top Domestic Leagues (England-Germany)
2/10 Domestic Cup (England-Germany)
2/5  Continentals Cups (European-N America)
1/1  Club World Cup

International

0/5 Continental Tournaments
1/2 World Tournaments (World Cup-Spain)

Honestly speaking(though everyone has their own way) starting low down in Europe will probably only add up years: you will HAVE to drop down to the South African Level, and then lose any reputation you built. I know because while I was in europe, I once applied for one of the big Five(can't remember which) and they offered me the post, but I chose to go Mexico instead(Hope I am not mixing things up) but later when I had moved to Asia in lesser leagues, even Portugal laughed off interest from my side, clearly showing that my reputation had dropped.

That said, I think Earl finished the clubs side in 2039 as well, so it is not that magnificient.

Admittedly a bit of an oversight from my point of view.. But I've started now, and I'm getting into it.

I'll start posting complete progress when I actually have a chance to win anything, which may be quite some time.

Are players still allowed to take this challenge on fm15? And is it okay if I finish this in say 2020(real life):p

Two weeks ago :D pessimist...

Congratulations on finishing. I never would have thought somebody would come and overtake me so close to the end.

I'm now seven years behind with my updates, so expect me to write two or three updates tonight.

mayihavecookie's 2040 EURO Report

200px-FA_crest_2009.svg.png

England - European Championship

Games | Profile

I wrote my last update after my quarter final out in the EURO 2036 with England. I was unemployed for two years after that. Then I was reappointed England manager after they went out in the Quarter Final of the World Cup 2038.

I now had a much younger and more talented squad than before. And I changed to a tactic that was just as good going forward but didn't leak as many goals as the 4-4-2 I used in my last spell with England. We had an easy group in the EURO Qualifiers, and we played really well. Won all our games except for one draw away to Switzerland. We finally put Switzerland down three points and secured our first place with a 5-0 home win in the second to last game of the campaign.

In the group stage we beat Romania (6-2), Switzerland (1-0) and Holland (4-2) and we played some wonderful football. We struggled for a moment in the 2nd Round against Portugal, but went up 1-0 just before half time and held on to it until the final minutes, before we scored two more goals to a 3-0 win.

In the Quarter Final we met Italy again, just like 4 years ago when they beat us 1-0 with a penalty in extra time. This time we were the stronger team and we easily beat them 4-2.

In the semi final we met France. And they have been by far the best team in the world in the last few years (well, since I left them back in 2024 to be honest). They went into this tournament with the confidence of having won three big trophies in the last four years, the EURO 2036, the Confederations Cup 2037 and the World Cup 2038. But I've seen signs of their decline. Their best player by far, the Zlatan Ibrahimovic of the 2030s, a player called Charles Quaye, was now 36. He had his first game for the French national team at the EURO 2024 when I was their manager. At that time he still played for PSG Reserves, but he was already my best striker. Since then he won the Ballon d'Or and the European Golden Shoe several times and leaded the PSG and France team to many titles. He was vital for my PSG team that won the Champions League in 2034. But now he was old, and this was to be his last big tournament.

We had the better start and were up 2-0 after half an hour, but France pulled one back right before half time, and five minutes into the second half they equalised. After that, it was an even game with chances for both teams, but with the luckier end for us. We won the game 3-2 thanks to a header in minute 88 by my young star striker Leeroy Dixon.

In the final we were supposed to meet Germany. Except we didn't, because somehow they lost 0-1 to Switzerland. So we met Switzerland for the sixth time in two years after two wins in the Nations League, a win and a draw in the EURO Qualifiers and a win in the EURO group stage. We were never going to lose that one. And they didn't stand a chance in their first European Championship Final. We beat them 3-1 to become European Champions 2040.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014  CHN Renhe             11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
2015  CHN Renhe             2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
2016  CHN Renhe             1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
2017  KOR Chunnam           2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
2018  KOR Jeonbuk           1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
19/20 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     2nd   Won   QF     n/a     Won SA Cup
20/21 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   Won   R1     open    Won SA Cup, Be The Coach and Premier Soccer League
21/22 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   R1    QF     won     Won African Champions League, left after 13 games in 1st
21/22 GER Borussia Dortmund 3rd   F     n/a    n/a     Took over after 26 games in 9th
22/23 GER Borussia Dortmund 1st   F     n/a    EL won  Won Bundesliga and Europa League
23/24 ESP Real Madrid       1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won La Liga and Spanish Cup
24/25 HOL Ajax              1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Eredivisie and Dutch Cup
2025  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   n/a   n/a    Won     Took over after 15 games in 2nd. Won League & Copa Libertadores
2026  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Copa Argentina, Club World Cup and everything else
27/28 ENG Arsenal           1st   Won   Won    EL R2   Won Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup
28/29 ENG Arsenal           2nd   R4    Won    QF      Left 2nd after 33 games, they went on the win League, won C.O.C.
29/30 ITA Juve              2nd   Won   n/a    R2      Won Italian Cup   
30/31 ITA Juve              1st   Won   n/a    SF      Won League & Cup double
2032  USA New York City FC  1st   SF    n/a    Won     Won MLS and NACL
32/33 ENG Manchester City   9th   n/a   n/a    SF      Took over after 30 games in 12th
33/34 FRA PSG               1st   Won   Won    Won     Won League, League Cup, Champions League, Finished Club Part!
34/35
35/36 SUI Grasshoppers      5th   Won   n/a    n/a     Won Cup title in a tenth nation. Really finished club part.

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018   South Korea                               Joined 22.7.18
2019   South Korea                 QF            Sacked after losing in the AC QF
2020   Cameroon                                  Joined 17.2.19     
2021   Cameroon                    Won           Won African Cup of Nations
2022   Cameroon             3rd                  Resigned after finishing 3rd in the WC
2023   France        SF                          Joined 17.7.22
2024   France                      QF            Sacked after losing in the EURO QF
2027   Uruguay                     Final         Joined 10.1.17, resigned after losing in the CA Final
2028   Brazil                                    Joined 12.9.17
2029   Brazil                             Won    Won Confederations Cup
2030   Brazil               QF                   Sacked after losing in the WC QF
2031   Mexico                      Final         Lost both Gold Cup & Copa America final
2032   Mexico
2033   Mexico                      Won           Resigned after winning the Gld Cup
2034   England                                   Took over after the World Cup
2035   England
2036   England                     QF            Resigned after losing in the EURO QF    
2038   England                                   Took over after World Cup
2039   England
2040   England                     Won           Won European Championship                                            

Challenge Progress

11/10 top domestic leagues [China (Renhe 2016), South Korea (Jeonbuk 2018), South Africa (Kaizer Chiefs 20/21), Germany (Dortmund 22/23), Spain (Real Madrid 23/24), Holland (Ajax 24/25), Argentina (Boca 2025), England (Arsenal 27/28), Italy (Juve 30/31), USA (NYCFC 2032), France (PSG 33/34)] COMPLETED!

11/10 domestic cups [China (Renhe 2016) , South Korea (Jeonbuk 2018), South Africa (Kaizer Chiefs 19/20), Spain (Real Madrid 23/24), Holland (Ajax 24/25), Argentina (Boca 2026), England FAC (Arsenal 27/28), England C1C (Arsenal 27/28), Italy (Juve 29/30), France (PSG 33/34), Switzerland (GCZ 35/36)] COMPLETED!

5/5 club continental championships [Asia (Chunnam 2017 and Jeonbuk 2018), Africa (Kaizer Chiefs 21/22), South America (Boca 2025 and 2026), North America (NYCFC 2032), Europe (PSG 33/34)] COMPLETED!

1/1 club world championship (Boca 2026 and PSG 2033) COMPLETED!

3/5 continental tournaments [African Cup of Nations (Cameroon 2021), Gold Cup (Mexico 2033), EURO (England 2040)]

1/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup with Brazil)

mayihavecookie's 2040 EURO Report

England - European Championship

Games | Profile

I wrote my last update after my quarter final out in the EURO 2036 with England. I was unemployed for two years after that. Then I was reappointed England manager after they went out in the Quarter Final of the World Cup 2038.

I now had a much younger and more talented squad than before. And I changed to a tactic that was just as good going forward but didn't leak as many goals as the 4-4-2 I used in my last spell with England. We had an easy group in the EURO Qualifiers, and we played really well. Won all our games except for one draw away to Switzerland. We finally put Switzerland down three points and secured our first place with a 5-0 home win in the second to last game of the campaign.

In the group stage we beat Romania (6-2), Switzerland (1-0) and Holland (4-2) and we played some wonderful football. We struggled for a moment in the 2nd Round against Portugal, but went up 1-0 just before half time and held on to it until the final minutes, before we scored two more goals to a 3-0 win.

In the Quarter Final we met Italy again, just like 4 years ago when they beat us 1-0 with a penalty in extra time. This time we were the stronger team and we easily beat them 4-2.

In the semi final we met France. And they have been by far the best team in the world in the last few years (well, since I left them back in 2024 to be honest). They went into this tournament with the confidence of having won three big trophies in the last four years, the EURO 2036, the Confederations Cup 2037 and the World Cup 2038. But I've seen signs of their decline. Their best player by far, the Zlatan Ibrahimovic of the 2030s, a player called Charles Quaye, was now 36. He had his first game for the French national team at the EURO 2024 when I was their manager. At that time he still played for PSG Reserves, but he was already my best striker. Since then he won the Ballon d'Or and the European Golden Shoe several times and leaded the PSG and France team to many titles. He was vital for my PSG team that won the Champions League in 2034. But now he was old, and this was to be his last big tournament.

We had the better start and were up 2-0 after half an hour, but France pulled one back right before half time, and five minutes into the second half they equalised. After that, it was an even game with chances for both teams, but with the luckier end for us. We won the game 3-2 thanks to a header in minute 88 by my young star striker Leeroy Dixon.

In the final we were supposed to meet Germany. Except we didn't, because somehow they lost 0-1 to Switzerland. So we met Switzerland for the sixth time in two years after two wins in the Nations League, a win and a draw in the EURO Qualifiers and a win in the EURO group stage. We were never going to lose that one. And they didn't stand a chance in their first European Championship Final. We beat them 3-1 to become European Champions 2040.

[b]CLUB CAREER

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014  CHN Renhe             11th  QF    n/a    n/a     Took over after 13 games in 16th 
2015  CHN Renhe             2nd   QF    n/a    n/a     Chinese Manager of the Year
2016  CHN Renhe             1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Chinese Super League & FA Cup
2017  KOR Chunnam           2nd   R4    n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League
2018  KOR Jeonbuk           1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Asian Champions League, K-League Classic & FA Cup
20/21 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   Won   R1     open    Won SA Cup, Be The Coach and Premier Soccer League
21/22 RSA Kaizer Chiefs     1st   R1    QF     won     Won African Champions League, left after 13 games in 1st
21/22 GER Borussia Dortmund 3rd   F     n/a    n/a     Took over after 26 games in 9th
22/23 GER Borussia Dortmund 1st   F     n/a    EL won  Won Bundesliga and Europa League
23/24 ESP Real Madrid       1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won La Liga and Spanish Cup
24/25 HOL Ajax              1st   Won   n/a    R2      Won Eredivisie and Dutch Cup
2025  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   n/a   n/a    Won     Took over after 15 games in 2nd. Won League & Copa Libertadores
2026  ARG Boca Juniors      1st   Won   n/a    Won     Won Copa Argentina, Club World Cup and everything else
27/28 ENG Arsenal           1st   Won   Won    EL R2   Won Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup
28/29 ENG Arsenal           2nd   R4    Won    QF      Left 2nd after 33 games, they went on the win League, won C.O.C.
32/33 ENG Manchester City   9th   n/a   n/a    SF      Took over after 30 games in 12th
33/34 FRA PSG               1st   Won   Won    Won     Won League, League Cup, Champions League, Finished Club Part!
34/35
35/36 SUI Grasshoppers      5th   Won   n/a    n/a     Won Cup title in a tenth nation. Really finished club part.

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   South Korea                 QF            Sacked after losing in the AC QF
2022   Cameroon             3rd                  Resigned after finishing 3rd in the WC
2023   France        SF                          Joined 17.7.22
2024   France                      QF            Sacked after losing in the EURO QF
2027   Uruguay                     Final         Joined 10.1.17, resigned after losing in the CA Final
2030   Brazil               QF                   Sacked after losing in the WC QF
2031   Mexico                      Final         Lost both Gold Cup & Copa America final
2032   Mexico
2033   Mexico                      Won           Resigned after winning the Gld Cup
2035   England
2036   England                     QF            Resigned after losing in the EURO QF    
2039   England

Challenge Progress

11/10 top domestic leagues [China (Renhe 2016), South Korea (Jeonbuk 2018), South Africa (Kaizer Chiefs 20/21), Germany (Dortmund 22/23), Spain (Real Madrid 23/24), Holland (Ajax 24/25), Argentina (Boca 2025), England (Arsenal 27/28), Italy (Juve 30/31), USA (NYCFC 2032), France (PSG 33/34)] COMPLETED!

11/10 domestic cups [China (Renhe 2016) , South Korea (Jeonbuk 2018), South Africa (Kaizer Chiefs 19/20), Spain (Real Madrid 23/24), Holland (Ajax 24/25), Argentina (Boca 2026), England FAC (Arsenal 27/28), England C1C (Arsenal 27/28), Italy (Juve 29/30), France (PSG 33/34), Switzerland (GCZ 35/36)] COMPLETED!

5/5 club continental championships [Asia (Chunnam 2017 and Jeonbuk 2018), Africa (Kaizer Chiefs 21/22), South America (Boca 2025 and 2026), North America (NYCFC 2032), Europe (PSG 33/34)] COMPLETED!

3/5 continental tournaments [African Cup of Nations (Cameroon 2021), Gold Cup (Mexico 2033), EURO (England 2040)]

Good Luck On Your Last 3 Trophy's

mayihavecookie's Report of the Three Lost Tournaments

England - Nations League, Confederations Cup and World Cup

Games 2040 | Games 2041 | Games 2042 | Manager Profile

Only two months after the EURO 2040 we met France again in the European Nations League.

We only played 0-0 in the away game, but at home we won 4-0. When our win at the EURO was a first step, this was a clear sign that we were about to take France's place as the best team in the world.

We beat Ukraine as well (2-1 and 3-0) and were through to the semi finals. There we didn't leave Belgium a chance and we beat them 3-0.

In the Final we met Spain. A team that lost their place at the top of Europe. At the European Championship they were out in the group stage with only on point, with defeats against Cyprus and Ukraine. But now they had something to prove. We completely missed the first 30 minutes of the game and were down 0-3 at half time. In the second half we were the better team, but could only score twice. 2-3 was the final score and we lost in the final of the Nations League.

Two weeks later, on the 1st of July 2041, the Confederations Cup started (or the Don't-Get-Sacked-Cup, like vike once called it). I didn't get sacked. We dominated our group with Chile (3-0), New Zealand (5-0) and Saudi-Arabia (4-1). In the other group Germany and France went on to the semi finals. We met Germany first and we beat them 3-0. So we got our next chance to beat France. But it wasn't to be. Charles Quaye retired from international football, but they had other strong strikers now. It was the 22 year old David Six who scored their only goal of the game. We lost 0-1 in the final of the Confederations Cup and France proved that they are still there at the top of international football.

We qualified for the World Cup with 8 wins from 8 games with 27-0 goals in a group with Norway, Iceland, Czech Republic and Albania. In the friendlies before the World Cup we lost 1-2 against Portugal but beat my ex team Cameroon 8-0. I was positive we would be able to go far in the tournament.

We had a perfect start with three wins in the group stage against Italy (5-2), China (4-0) and Nigeria (3-1). Next was Germany, and once again we beat them. With a 2-0 we were through to the Quarter Finals. We met Portugal, the team that beat us before the tournament. And we struggled from the first minute. The Portuguese won almost every duel and the fast direct passing game that normally made us so strong just resulted in a lot of long balls that went straight to the opponent. They scored their first goal of the game just before half time. For the whole second half we were running against the Portuguese defense, but they were just too strong. When I went all in and played full risk, we conceded two more goals to a 0-3 end result. We went out of the World Cup in the Quarter Final once again and had to deal with another big disappointment.

Portugal went out against France in the Semi Final, and France won the World Cup for the second time in a row with a 3-2 in extra time against Italy.

I resigned after the World Cup and waited for a chance to take over either South Korea, Brazil or Argentina to go get one of the two remaining continental competitions. Both the Copa America and Asian Cup would be played in 2043.

[b]CLUB CAREER

34/35

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation         NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
2023   France         SF                         Joined 17.7.22
2032   Mexico
2035   England
2039   England
2041   England        Final               Final  Lost NL & CC Final    
2042   England              QF                   Resigned after losing in WC QF                                        

Challenge Progress

Quite impressed to see people completing this within 20 seasons..

That said, I'm currently top of the Vanarama National with Morecambe and have roughly 10 games to go. I keep applying for jobs higher up the spectrum, but have yet to be interviewed. I guess if I manage to win the league, that may change a little.

I still think there's 2 roughly equally valid ways of approaching the challenge.

If you start in Europe, you can get a very good reputation quicker. This enables you to get top international jobs quicker, and basically choose which clubs you want to manage in Asia and South Africa. This is how The earl did it. The drawback is that you have to be able to get from a lower division to winning the national league. Joe may have to get quite a few promotions with Morecombe, because it seems that winning a division doesn't instantly make you irresistable to bigger clubs.

If you start in South Africa (or maybe China, though i think that had disadvantages) you can start off in a top division, which has advantages, especially if you can win the league or even (as I did in about my second season) a cup.

Honestly though, there's just no point starting this contest thinking about how you will complete it, though it's obviously fun to have a plan. When it started, I thought nobody would achieve it, although that was ignorance on my part because there's quite a few players good enough (or in my case, with enough stamina). bear in mind that only 7 people have ever got past the 10 trophy mark, though it looks like pug will do that for the second time soon.

Whether one starts in Europe or Africa / Asia, the most important thing is to have fun. For me the challmge became markedly less fun at the end when i realised i was going to achieve it. Waiting for managers in a very few clubs or nations you want to get sacked and failing to win cups that you think you should have been given without having to play the other riff-raff in your league.

You'll notice that I haven't even mentioned starting in South America. That's because the level of jobs you can get there at the start seem to be terrible.

So I felt I was going places with Morecambe, I was 5 points clear at the top with just a handful of games to go.. but then it all collapsed. No wins in the final four games led to a 2nd placed finish and the playoffs. Unfortunately, with such poor form Grimsby were simply too strong and knocked us out. With that game, I was sacked (harsh!) and left in dispair.

I applied for a handful of other jobs, but nothing really felt right and I figured that if I was going to give this challenge a real go I had to get a strong start... and so I started afresh!

This time I've loaded South Africa, China, South Korea, USA and Wales with the intention of starting off in a league that should have me competing for trophies within a season or two... and after a couple of failed interviews in both China and South Africa...

Benjamin Buford is appointed Manager of Newtown AFC

0acb4c9.jpg

The Welsh league is one I wasn't going to load up as I didn't want to start in Europe, but with only 1 playable division it gives me a crack at a title early on.

My squad is poor, my finances are poor and the facilities are poor.. The club has a reputation of 0.5 stars. I have no experience and no Assistant Manager. What could possibly go wrong?! I'm hoping that this can be the first step of a very long ladder

....Alas, I got the job just as I was leaving for work this morning and am yet to continue any more than a day or two. This update is a sneaky one whilst sitting in the office.

Season	Team		Country		Position	Notes          
15/16	Newtown AFC	Wales		N/A		Joined in November, 7 points adrift at the bottom

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

0/10 domestic cups

0/5 club continental championships

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

Pug's Update Season 2023/24

UrpnKNi.png

Before The Season Started I Had A Little Competition With Spain. It Was A Breeze Which Was Won Easy, With A Lot Of Young Players.

So On To The League With Marseille Who Had Finished 4th The Season Before. It Was Really Close's Run With PSG And My Team. Going

To The Last Game I Needed A Draw Against Monaco, Who Had Won The League The Year Before. In What Was A Tight Game Which Ended

0-1. Which I Thought Had Cost Me The Title. But Lyon Had Beaten PSG To Give Me The Title. With Me Winning Both The Cups Also That

Was Another 2 Challenges Done. Next Step Was In Spain With Real Madrid Who Had Finished 3rd. I Got A Whooping 245 Million To Win

The League For Them.

[codeJ6IksFF.png][/code]

TrLkUVp.png?1

1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC                                                                        

2015/16    Cambridge Utd                                                               Promoted To Div 1.Won JPT                     
2016/17    Cambridge Utd                           Won                                 Promoted To Championship.
2017/18    Cambridge Utd                      Won                                      Promoted To Premier League,Won FA Cup
2018/19    Newcastle Utd       Won                                                     Won The Premier League
2019/20    Newcastle Utd       Won                 Won     Won                         Premier league/C1C/Champions League
2020/21    Newcastle Utd                                         Won                   Won Club World Cup
2020/21    Dortmund                           Won                                      Resigned NUFC Took Over Dortmund In 12th
2021/22    Dortmund            Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2022/23    Monterrey                                       Won                         Won N American Champions League
2023/24    Monterrey                                                                   Resigned
2023/24    Marseille           Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2024/25    Real Madrid
                                                                  INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
2015/16   Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2016/17   France U21                                                                                  Won U21 Championship
2018/19   England U21
2019/20   Algeria                                                                                     Never Played A Game
2020/21   Spain                                                                                       
2021/22   Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2022/23   Spain          Won                                                                          Won The World Cup
2023/24   Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2024/25   Spain 

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 Top Domestic Leagues (England-Germany-France)
3/10 Domestic Cup (England-Germany-France)
1/1  Club World Cup (Newcastle)

International

0/5 Continental Tournaments()

[quote name='vikeologist;10719949

3L1G - Maybe you're doing something wrong' date=' like taking a bag of chips into the interview. (I once had a young lad do that. He didn't get the position). As regards jobs in china, as you can only have 3 foreigners, scouting range maybe isn't that important. I've acknowledged that people are saying that it's harder to get new jobs in FM16, but even in FM15, winning smaller leagues seemed to make no difference at all to the jobs that one could get. A few people won quickly in Hong Kong or Indonesia, and it didin't seem to advance their careers. If you haven't won anything yet, aren't you tempted to start again? Do you have any coaching badges yet?[/quote']

I managed to get a job at Central Coast Mariners in Australia........but the same issue applied, they couldn't finance a coaching course!!

So with this in mind, I have decided to start again, especially after reading your later post, regarding ways of approaching the challenge - either taking the Europe route or the Africa/Asia one.

As we all know, this challenge isn't going to be achieved "overnight" - by the way, congratulations Sankalan on completing the challenge, dare I say almost overnight :):)

So, I'm starting again, gonna load leagues from China, Korea, Australia, S. Africa (tho I'm not starting there until Kaiser Chiefs give me the gig!!)

Also leagues from England and a couple of smaller European countries.

Incidentally, I'm going to delete my folder of screenshots so any links I've posted in the past probably won't work.

Sooooooooo.............here we go!!

Oh yeah - and also well done Joelapira, Joe, Pug, Earl, May I Have Cooke, Taz and everyone else who is pursuing their careers and not being a quitter like me!!!!

Congrats to pug on your success in France and best of luck to MIHC on those last 3 trophies and best of luck to Joe for your time in Wales. As for myself, i was unsuccessful in my attempt at getting the Melbourne Victory Job but I have returned to S.Korea this time with Busan. When i applied for the job, Busan were sitting in 9th position, out of the cup and the champs league but they had been in the top 3 for the last 4 seasons winning it twice so i knew this was a good club. By the time i got the jub Busan had played a further 6 league games under their interim manager. They managed to win 5 and draw 1 meaning when i took over they sat in 5th place 7 points off top. My minimum target for the remainder of the season with 13 games to go is to qualify for the next ACL.

As for Costa Rica, we managed, just about, to get out of our Gold Cup group and beat Honduras in the Quarter Finals. Canada await us in the semis but i had to go to work so that game will have to wait till i get home.

Challenge done, I am actually continuing with the save, now in Belgium. There was a 15 year old GK who managed to score of a penalty in u19, so promoted him and trying to get him to score in the Pro League. Now he is not exactly an Anderlecht level player, so having quite a few bad matches(we are still second, but the board wants us to win, and standard are a couple of points ahead with 3 games in hand when we have played 14.

Season 2019 - Beijing Beikong

23291963.png

Coach Licence | League Table | Zhao Mingjian | Competitions & Budgets

We had another awful start to the season, with a record of 2-1-5 after 8 games in all competitions. which is slightly worse than last seasons start of 3-0-5. As i'd added another 11 players, costing £3.9m, to the squad i'm thinking we struggle when bedding in such a large amount of players into the side. That said spending over £7m in the last two seasons i was expecting a challenge on all fronts.

We started again with the FA Super Cup and again we lost, 1-2 to Shandong. In the league we followed last seasons pattern, slow start but always staying in contention before hitting top spot for the first time after game week 28 and holding top spot over the next two weeks to win the league. It really helped that 3 of my last 4 games were against teams 13th, 14th and 15th in the League. The other being against the 10th placed side. Shanggang played 3rd, 6th and 9th in their last 3 games and dropping points in those games cost them the title. As League champions we again played in the 'All Star' game and won that for the second season, winning 3-2 against 10 men.

Europe is my main aim and the Group Stage drew us against Suwon, winners in 3 of the last 5 seasons, Melbourne City and FC Hiroshima. It was a tough group and after picking up 1 point from our first 2 games without scoring a goal i didnt expect anything other than an early exit. But 3 wins and 1 draw from our next 4 games saw us top the group. Besting Suwon 3-2 a particular highlight of the group stage.

The second round drew us against FC Seoul who we had faced last season when they handed us a 1-5 hammering in our own backgarden but this wouldnt happen again as we beat them home and away to go through 4-1 on aggregate. The Semi Final saw us on home soil as we were pitted against Shandong. We were at home in the first leg and despite dominating it ended 1-1. Not the result you want but we were confident going into the second leg. The second leg saw us twice go behind but twice we pulled it back to finish 2-2 and put us through on away goals.

Following the quarter finals i applied for another job at Pohang Steelers in South Korea. They were 7th in their league but in the Champions League Semi Finals. I had an interview but they turned me down in favour of someone with a lesser licence than me and half my stars. As luck would then have it we drew them in the Semi Finals. I was up for this, prove my point that i should have been given the job. Again we were at home in the First Leg and we took the lead after 13 minutes, Yes!. Sadly that was as good as it got as were took a hammering, losing 2-5. The second leg didnt go much better losing 3-1 for an 3-8 aggregate loss. Pohang would go on to lift the trophy making it a Korean clean sweep of wins since i started the game.

If we didnt have the 3 foreigner rule i would dominate but we do and the Chinese players are so inferior to the Koreans. I have 2 Koreans in my side and they run my midfield. Guangzhou despite finishing 6th still have more pulling power than me having Paulinho and Anderson (Ex Man Utd) running their midfield. Beikong are now ranked as the #1 side in China but none of Guangzhou star players want to join me.

As a club we had a new Player of the year for the first time in 4 years, Right back Zhao Mingjian. As for me, i got it wrong in my last update as i have a Continental A Licence and will have my Pro Licence by March 2020. I also have 2 and a bit stars reputation. Sadly its worth nothing. English Championship sides laugh at me when i apply and Korean sides dont want to know either. Dont start in China people. I'm adding some more Leagues to my game including South Africa and Scotland to try and engineer a move away.

Do i stay at Beijing Beikong or focus on USA U23 and wait for another job?

[b]CLUB CAREER
                                        League                        Cups
Season        Club                                                   1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC    Managerial Statistics              | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2016    CHI   Beijing Beikong   National First Division - 2nd        Q/F                       P34  W23  D4  L7   F73  A37  W67%  | Promoted
2017    CHI   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League    - 5th        Won                       P37  W20  D8  L9   F57  A42  W54%  | FA Cup Winners
2018    CHI   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League    - 1st        S/F         Grp           P41  W23  D6  L12  F67  A45  W56%  | League Winners, All Star game Winners & FA Super Cup Runners Up. Manager of the year. 
2019    CHI   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League    - 1st        S/F         S/F           P47  W28  D8  L11  F80  A54  W60%  | League Winners, All Star game Winners & FA Super Cup Runners Up. Manager of the year. 

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                         Competitions
Season   Team                                  WC   CC   CA   EC   GC   ACON   ANC         Managerial Statistics            | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2019     Hong Kong (China PR) Under 23s                                                    P4  W2  D1  L1  F5  A8  W50%     | 
2019     USA Under 23s                                                                     P5  W5  D0  L0  F9  A3  W100%    | Qualified for the Olympic Games

[b]Challenge Progress

Club
---------------------------------------------[/b]
1/10 top domestic leagues (Chinese Super League 2018, 2019)
1/10 domestic cups (Chinese FA Cup 2017)
0/5 club continental championships ()
[b]
International
0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/2 world tournaments ()

What's your rep at Taz since winning the leagues and cup? To answer your question at the end of your post, if it was me, I'd ask myself what more I can do at this club. If you think you stand a chance at pushing for the Continental then stick with them, if you feel you've done all you can with the club then in my opinion its time to move on. And i must say its easier to get a job when your unemployed as there'll be no compensation fee to be paid.

I am really struggling on FM16 with my reputation. Its 70% but I cant get any good clubs. They all laugh at me, seems like I need to take a step down build up again and hopefully get higher than 70%. Seems winning UEFA Champions League is the key to this challenge in FM16. Whats your reputation now pug?

I'm on 65% and while i was trying to leave Vancouver by applying and declaring interest for jobs at a higher level they were laughing me off aswell. Southampton even laughed me off. Busan is a good step in terms of the Challenge but as the media and the Busan board even pointed out it is a step down from Vancouver.

I am really struggling on FM16 with my reputation. Its 70% but I cant get any good clubs. They all laugh at me, seems like I need to take a step down build up again and hopefully get higher than 70%. Seems winning UEFA Champions League is the key to this challenge in FM16. Whats your reputation now pug?

I'm A Bit Further On Than My Posts Mate. But If I Remember I Think I Got The Newcastle Job Because I Had Them As Favourite Team.

Also I Had Most Of My Badges Before Then.

Going On From My Last Post. I Always Stick With The Same Formation, Get The Best Players For That.

Looking At All The Tips From Site And So On. Getting Scouts With The Best JP And JA Even Unknown Scouts.

I Take Ages To Look For Staff And Scout Players. Taking Notes Looking When New Regen Players Come.

My Wife Goes Mad Because I've Got Notes All Over lol. Hope That Helps Anyone.

Does Anyone Else Get Their Staff To Take There Coaching Badges Also.

Yep, i'm just about to get my pro licence now but i also like to improve the staff that are at the club as well. I had a gk coach at Berwick and i took him to Suwon and Swallows with me, got him up to a continental A licence. He wasnt as good as the gk coach at Vancouver so i left him at Swallows. I'm gonna bring him over to Busan if i can though.

Pug's Update Season 2024/25

eQtqQAM.jpg

After Taking Over At Real Madrid, It Was On To The Euros With Spain. We Were Drawn In A Group With Austria/Romania

And Ireland. With 2 Wins And A Draw We Finished Top Of The Group With Austria 2nd. Second Round We Come Up Against

Germany In A Hard Game. It Was 2-2 Till The Last 10 Minutes When We Score 2 More To Win 4-2. In The Quarters We Come

Up Against Ukraine, In A Easy Game Which Should Have Been More Than The 2-0 Score Line. Up Next In The Semis Was

Our Rivals Portugal With A Comfortable 2-0. Then On To The Final With The Czech's Waiting And Despatched 4-0. Another

Trophy To The Collection.

VV06790.png?1

t7tiPyP.png

Now Onto Madrid The Team Was Full Off Average Ageing Players. My Average Age Was 33 Years Old, And To Put It Bluntly

They Where CRAP. So I Sold A Lot Of Players And Raided My Old Teams For A Lot. All In I Spent More Than The Transfer

Budget Bringing 20 Players All Together. With That In Mind I Arrange A Load Of Friendly's, For The Team To Gel. The League

Didn't Start To Well Winning Only 1 Of My First 7 Games. Then I Went On A Run Of 20 Win To Put Me 3 Points Behind Leaders

Barcelona. Into The Final Games I Played Barca And Won To Take Lead And Never Look Back, Winning By 1 Point. The Copa De Rey

Was A Defeat In The Quarter-Final To Atletico. The Champions League Was A Final Against My Old Team Newcastle, With A Very

Hard 2-1 Win

I6g1KW1.png

KWntN5H.png?1

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                              1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC                                                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24    Marseille           Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2024/25    Real Madrid         Won                 Won        Won                      
2025/26    Real Madrid
                                                                  INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

2015      Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2017      France U21                                                                                  Won U21 Championship
2019      England U21
2019      Algeria                                                                                     Never Played A Game
2020      Spain                                                                                       
2021      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2022      Spain          Won                                                                          Won The World Cup
2023      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2024      Spain                                     Won                                               Won European Championship
2025      Spain

Challenge Progress

Club

4/10 Top Domestic Leagues (England-Germany-France-Spain)
3/10 Domestic Cup (England-Germany-France)
1/1  Club World Cup (Newcastle)

International

1/5 Continental Tournaments(European Champions-Spain)

RC ANDERLECHT 2038-2042 UPDATE

256.png

Just could not give up on my manager, he seems to have become my alter ego. So I thought I would just continue into some llm. Loaded Belgium to the lowest tier, but none of the newly promoted sides were willing to hire me. The best club in the country had a different opinion though. So I took up the Anderlecht job, to discover in my reserves a 15 year old GK. I changed the tactics so that he would be taking penalties and free kicks. He managed to score a few games later, and I gave him a dozen games in the first team. He scored twice.

From next season onwards, he became my first team keeper, and also my penalty and free kick taker. He scored 12 times that season, also claiming the young player of the year. By the time he was 18, he had scored 43 times, and was my vice captan. Our team had won the League 3 times in a row, and losing the 41/42 season, though that year I won my only cup. It was evident that He would soon outgrow the team. So, I left for a better team myself, Sporting CP to be specific, and left the Anderlecht team from an insecure financial condition to a rich one. In return, they must give me their two most high potential players. Timoteo and Abazi(the gk) join me for a joint fee of 3.5m, all on releases, in January.

[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
[size=4][td]Year[/td]
[td]Nation[/td]
[td]League[/td]
[td]Position[/td]
[td]Cup-1[/td]
[td]Cup-2[/td]
[td]Continental[/td]
[td]Comments[/td]
[/size]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2014/15[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Premier league(1)[/td]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Quarter final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Always good for a first job...[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2015/16[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Should boost my reputation in the Country[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2016/17[/td]
[td]South Africa[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Second Round[/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]One continent ticked off[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2018[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]K League Classic(1)[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Looking to end another continent by the next year. Ambitions!!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2019[/td]
[td]South Korea[/td]
[td]K League Classic(1)[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Third round[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Another continent done...[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2020[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]First Division Opening(1)[/td]
[td]4[/td]
[td]Quarter Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Patience[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2021[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]First Division Closing(1)[/td]
[td]1[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Why no league???[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2022[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]A league, at last[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023[/td]
[td]Brazil[/td]
[td]Brasilearo(1)[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Europe, here I come[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2023/24[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Well, I do need to rent a house here now.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2024/25[/td]
[td]Italy[/td]
[td]Serie A(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]First Blood in Europe[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga(1)[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left mid season[/td]
[td]My shortest tenure, Oct-Dec[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2025/26[/td]
[td]England[/td]
[td]Premier League(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]SF of Europa[/td]
[td]Change is Good![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2026/27[/td]
[td]France[/td]
[td]Ligue 1(1)[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Tenth Round[/td]
[td]Fourth Round[/td]
[td]QF of Europa[/td]
[td]That elusive Asian Cup! My first International disappointment...[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2027/28[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Pentagon!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2028/29[/td]
[td]Spain[/td]
[td]La Liga[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Left midseason[/td]
[td]Won the Clubs World Cup[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2029/30[/td]
[td]Germany[/td]
[td]Bundesliga[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]First KO[/td]
[td]Europe over[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2030[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]First Division Opening[/td]
[td]5/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[td]Lost Core team of europe[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]First Division Closing[/td]
[td]4/QF[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Semi Final[/td]
[td]4th QF Exit in Mexico.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2031[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]First Division Opening[/td]
[td]Sacked midseason[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Blessing in Disguise[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032[/td]
[td]Mexico[/td]
[td]First Division Closing[/td]
[td]2/Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Better Late than never[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2032/33[/td]
[td]India[/td]
[td]I League[/td]
[td]5[/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]Champions[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Home, Sweet Home[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2033/34[/td]
[td]India[/td]
[td]I League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Group Stage[/td]
[td]Ongoing[/td]
[td]Leaving towards my last League[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2034/35[/td]
[td]Hong Kong[/td]
[td]Premier League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Leagues part done[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2035/36[/td]
[td]Ukraine[/td]
[td]Premier League[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Europa, 1st KO[/td]
[td]International Part Done[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2036/37[/td]
[td]Malaysia[/td]
[td]Super League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Semi Final[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Challenge Complete!!![/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2038/39[/td]
[td]Belgium[/td]
[td]Pro League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Quarter Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Europa first KO[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2039/40[/td]
[td]Belgium[/td]
[td]Pro League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]R 16[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]First KO[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2040/41[/td]
[td]Belgium[/td]
[td]Pro League[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]Semi Finals[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Quarter finals[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2041/42[/td]
[td]Belgium[/td]
[td]Pro League[/td]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Champions![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]First KO[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Club
12/10 top domestic leagues(South Africa, Brazil, Italy, England, France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Belgium)[b]COMPLETED[/b]
11/10 domestic cups (South Korea, Brazil, Italy, England, Spain, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Malaysia, Belgium)[b]COMPLETED[/b]
5/5 club continental championships(Africa, Asia, North America, South America, Europe)[b]COMPLETED[/b]
1/1 club world championship[b]COMPLETED[/b]

International
5/5 continental tournaments (Africa, South America, Asia, North America, Europe)[b]COMPLETED[/b]
2/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup, World Cup)[b]COMPLETED[/b]

Overall
36/33 trophies[b]COMPLETED[/b]

A Nearly End Of Season Update

0acb4c9.jpg

Having started with Newtown 7 points adrift at the bottom, this was always going to be tough.

It didn't make things easier when I continued their poor form by losing the next 6 matches in a row.. They had already lost 4 on the trot when I'd arrived, so think of me as some kind of Gary Neville figure coming in and ultimately making no difference whatsoever.

This put me a solid 13 points from safety with only the playoff games remaining.. But then, out of nowhere, I hammered one of my rivals 4-0! And suddenly the morale returned.

I have since gone on a run of 6 games undefeated, 4 of which were draws, and I've now clawed myself back to within 5 points of safety. Now with just a handful of games to go, I'm daring to dream of potential safety and avoiding the sack!

...but I am leaving it there, as I'm in work once more and unable to get back to the game. Maaaaan, I hate when real life gets in the way of FM addiction

15/16	Newtown AFC	Wales		N/A		Joined in November, 7 points adrift at the bottom

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

International

0/2 world tournaments

Linfield End Of Season 2015/16

Well, I started the challenge again, loaded leagues from -

South Africa, South Korea, China, Australia

England, Ukraine, Sweden, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Linfield are probably the best club in Northern Ireland, so when they sacked their manager in December, I jumped at the chance to manage them and was lucky enough to get the job.

When I took over, the club were in 6th place and the board wanted me to qualify for the Euro Cup, at the very least.

Started okay and managed to get the club as high as second, but then a dip in form, confidence and a couple of injuries, saw us drop back down to 5th with 4 games of the season left.

The board called a meeting and said if I didn't get 11 points in 5 games then I would be sacked - as I said, there were only 4 games of the season left

The remaining games were against teams in 1st, 3rd, 4th and 6th positions, so I was up against it.

Away at the league leaders, got a 0-0 draw, so was happy with that, nut then two further 0-0 draws meant I couldn't get the points total required and I was sacked

No trophies, no coaching badges.

Applied for various jobs in various countries and couldn't even get an interview.

So, the start of the new season (2016/17) I was unemployed, but then in the December Cliftonville in Northern Ireland sacked their manager, I applied and was given the job

So far, things are going well, so fingers crossed it continues!!

Season	 Team 	 	Country		 Position	 Notes          
15/16	Linfield		N. Ireland	     6th		Took over in December, sacked before the end of the season
16/17	Cliftonville	        N. Ieland			        Took over in January							

International

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues ()
0/10 domestic cups ()

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

3L1G - Hope things work out well at Cliftonville and you're able to utilise the knowledge of N Ire that you picked up at linfield.

Joe - Good luck avoiding relegation.

Pug - Congrats. You've overtaken yourself on the leaderbaord. Straight off to Italy, or only if a top job is available straight away?

T&TD - I think that you'll probably win the CL soon at Beijing, but it's frustrating in this challenge to stay at a club just for the CL, where one game destroys all the work you've put in. It will be interesting to see if the update reflects the changes in Chinese football. (it's gone financially cray-cray). It probably won't, but in FM17, everybody will probably be winning the Asian CL in China.

mayihavecookie's Asian Cup 2043 Report

120px-Fed_coree_sud.svg.png

South Korea - Asian Nations Cup

Games | Asian Cup | Manager Profile

Just like I had hoped, South Korea sacked their manager after they went out of the 2042 World Cup with only one point in the group stage. I was given a second chance 23 years after my first attempt that ended with a defeat against Oman in the Quarter Final of the Asian Cup.

I feel like the team I took over was worse than the one I had last time. Back then, it was my tactical mistakes and maybe a bit of bad luck that cost us the tournament. Now, the question was if the South Korean players are good enough to reach our goals. South Korea has never won the Asian Cup since 1960. Saudi Arabia has been the dominant team for the last twenty years, having won the tournament in four of their last five attempts. The other winners since 2015 have been Japan, China and Oman. South Korea has never done better than 3rd place (2031 and 2039). Their biggest success however has been a sensational 2nd place in the World Cup 2043, nine years ago.

We played nine friendlies in the autumn of 2042, with mixed success. When the Asian Cup started on the 3rd of January 2043, I felt like I had found my team, but we would need some luck to win the tournament. We did well in the group stage, beating China (4-2), Jordan (2-0) and Thailand (4-2 again), but I struggled in international management long enough to now that this didn't mean anything. The injuries have been cruel. We lost one or two players in every game and at least one more in training building up to the next game. When the 2nd Round against Myanmar came, 6 of my 22 players were out with injuries.

We still beat Myanmar 3-0 and went to the Quarter Final were we met Iran. 3-0 again. Saudi Arabia lost against Lebanon, and now I knew we had a chance to win. But the injuries didn't want to stop, and before the Semi Final against Japan I had 13 players left. The game was nice enough to generate two grey players to help me out. A goalkeeper (thank you very much, I still had both my goalkeepers available at that point), and a left back that was stronger than those I took to the tournament with me. This is what my team looked like going into the Semi Final against Japan.

But those 13 brave players fought brilliantly and completely destroyed Japan. We won 6-1 and qualified for the final against China. We beat them 4-2 in the group stage, and now it was even less stressful. We were up by half time and decided the game with the second goal after 60 minutes. We beat China 2-0 to win the Asian Nations Cup for the first time in 83 years.

I resigned after the tournament and holidayed until summer when the Copa America took place. Brazil won, so the job I hoped for didn't come up. Instead Argentina sacked their manager and I applied, but was turned down for what must have been the 5th time.

So I holidayed for another year, and after the EURO 2044 France sacked Yohan Cabaye after 18 successful years. They had won 2 World Cups, 2 EUROs and 2 Confederations Cups with him, but a 2nd Round out at the European Championship against Spain was enough to have him sacked. Even though they are declining and their golden years might be over, I think this is the team that gives me the best chance to finally win the World Cup in my fourth attempt. But first I have to survive the Confederations Cup.

[b]CLUB CAREER

34/35

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

2032   Mexico
2035   England
2039   England
2043   South Korea                 Won           Won Asian Nations Cup                                   

Challenge Progress

4/5 continental tournaments [African Cup of Nations (Cameroon 2021), Gold Cup (Mexico 2033), EURO (England 2040), Asian Nations Cup (South Korea 2043)]

pug great progress in FM16. Wish I had your key to success.

mihc great winning Asian Cup, you didnt fancy World Cup/Copa America with Brazil or Argentina? Good luck with France though.

For me , I should have a couple of FM16 updates during this week.

End Of Season Update

0acb4c9.jpg

My dreams of avoiding relegation swiftly vanished, as I went the final 4 games of the season without a victory.. At the end of the season, my contract was up but that didn't stop the board sacking me anyway!

A bit of a wasted season, but you've got to start somewhere.

I'm now currently unemployed and looking for jobs ideally in either South Africa or China

15/16	Newtown AFC	Wales		12th		Joined in November, sacked end of season

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 domestic cups

International

0/2 world tournaments

3L1G - Hope things work out well at Cliftonville and you're able to utilise the knowledge of N Ire that you picked up at linfield.

Joe - Good luck avoiding relegation.

Pug - Congrats. You've overtaken yourself on the leaderbaord. Straight off to Italy, or only if a top job is available straight away?

T&TD - I think that you'll probably win the CL soon at Beijing, but it's frustrating in this challenge to stay at a club just for the CL, where one game destroys all the work you've put in. It will be interesting to see if the update reflects the changes in Chinese football. (it's gone financially cray-cray). It probably won't, but in FM17, everybody will probably be winning the Asian CL in China.

I Need The Cup In Spain First.

Since my last post i have won the Gold Cup with Costa Rica and won the K-League Classic with Busan but since Thursday, when i last played, i havent touched the game, which is strange as i was off all weekend. I feel i'm starting to lose a bit of interest with the save. I was really enjoying it up until then. I think part of the problem is the club hopping i have been doing of late, i was putting together a strong squad with Vancouver, full of promising players but once the NACL was won there was no reason to stay there. And i know the same will happen now with Busan. Ive a strong squad with a well working tactic but i aim to have the ACL within the next 2 seasons and then i'll be off again. Its a great Challenge this, but part of me is beginning to miss the "dynasty building" side of things.

JoeL - I definitely know how you feel. In this challenge you build a great team that wins stuff; and then you leave and start again with a non-great team. I kind of got fed up with it in the middle of the challenge and took over newcastle thinking that it might take 4 seasons to win the league with them, and I'd have the chance to develop them. It actually took 7 seasons. For most of the challenge I was ruthless in my job decisions, but I needed a break in the middle. Having completed the challenge I am enjoying the dynasty aspect of the youth challenge, though I am drawn back to this challenge because of the inference that it's more difficult on FM16 because of the whole getting jobs side of things.

Pug - Good luck with the Spanish Cup. I hope you know that you don't need it. The Spanish league is mandatory, but not the cup. However, it's a pain in the arse having to pick up a cup at the end after the leagues, something both mihc and myself did, and hopefully the Spanish cup will be a slamdunk for you.

Joe - good luick finding a new job. You should be able to get a job in the top division of S Africa or China (because one can at the start of the challenge). (Not all jobs. Not most jobs, but some). It would be weird if your time at Newtown made it harder to get a job there.

mihc - Congrats on the Asian Cup. I think that's a big win, particularly if you don't have many asian nations managable in your save. Nearly there. Are you holidaying between fixtures? Do you enjoy just being an international manager and international management in general?

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

2026 - Internacional / Holland - Brazilian Serie A (Tier 1)

After leaving Belgium I was only without a country for 1 week before I took over Holland. I didn't want them originally as France, Germany, England, Spain and Italy all changed manager. But Holland was the team that I got, they dont have the extreme quality players like Belgium, but perhaps a slightly more balanced team. Bilal Ould-Chikh and Memphis Depay are still in the team, but especially Depay is getting old.

As for club team I had to wait more than a month before an intriguing offer came to take over International in Brazil. As mentioned many times before, people in this challenge doesn't seem to like the Brazilian league due to heavy fixtures but I love it.

I really didn't understand why the former manager had been sacked, especially not so "early" in the Brazilian Serie A season. He had won the Gaucho State championship and only lost the Copa Libertadores final on penalties. So OK he had lost 5 games in the league, but the clubs 9th position was due to the fact they had played 3 games less than the other clubs. Winning those 3 games in hand would send International up to 4th and potentially close the gap on leaders Corinthians from 15 to 6 points. He had also qualified the team for the Quarter Final of Copa Perdigao Brazil.

I started my management at International with a 2-0 win against Santa Cruz. I managed to buy 2 players as the transfer window wasn't shut already, but one of them Junior a striker from Fluminense was ineligible for the rest of the season. A midfielder Souza from Corinthians could play though and he would give me both quality and depth in midfield for the rest of the season. After the first match we won, we drew one league game before winning 7 straight matches. This brought us up to 4th and still a game in hand. It would turn out to be a very close end of the season with 5 teams possible to win it with 5 games left to go.

We had a bit of a bad patch in October as I thought the league would slip away from us, we lost in the Quarter Final of the Cup 2-4 on aggregate to Flamengo, after lossing both matches 1-2, and in the league we won 1 drew 3 and lost 1 game. Slipping to 5th.

But in the final 10 games we went rampant again, winning 9 games and only loosing 1. That gave this final league table:

Internacional - 38 - 25 - 5 - 8 - 83 - 41 - 80

-------------------------------------------------

Gremio - 38 - 22 - 11 - 5 - 62 - 27 - 77

Santos FC - 38 - 22 - 10 - 6 - 72 - 40 - 76

Corinthians - 38 - 22 - 8 - 8 - 77 - 45 - 74

At. Paranaense crashed in the final part of the season and ended 5th with only 67 points.

So another league title to my belt and a chance to compete in Copa Libertadores next season.

With Holland we won a friendly easily against Israel 4-1, before we played in the European Nations League Div.A against Germany and England. It was devastating to see how far off the quality of the best we where. We drew 1 game and lost the 3 others. Crashing out to be relegated to Div.B

Season        Club            League             Pos.   Cup               Info.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League       11th   2nd round     Joined 19th, already out of Cup
2016/17  HOL  Den Bosch     Jupiler League        1st   4th round      Won the league and promoted!
2017/18  HOL  Den Bosch     Eresdivisie           14th   2nd round     Survived in a bad season.
2018/19  SCO  Falkirk       Championship          2nd  Quarter fin.   Promoted after playoffs, 3rd r. of leag. cup
2019/20  SCO  Rangers      Championship           1st  Quarter fin.   Promoted, 3rd r. of leag. cup
2020/21  SCO  Rangers      Premiership              1st   Winners        Double champion, QF of league cup
2021/22  ENG  Aston Villa  Championship           3rd  4th Round     Lost play-off semis, 2nd r. of lag. cup
2022/23  TUR  Kasimpasa   Super League           5th  Semi Final     Took over in 12th pos, already knocked out of euro.comp.
2023/24  BEL  Club Brugge  Pro League             1st   Semi Final     Lost in 1st KO Round of Europa League
2024/25  ITA   Torino       Serie A                12th 4th Qual.r.    Embarrassed the city of Torino, left in march
2025/26  ITA   Lazio         Serie A                 2nd  Winners       Knocked out of group of CL, Quarters of EL
2026    BRA  Internacional Serie A                   1st  Quarter F.     Took over in 9th, Already State Champions and knocked out of Copa Lib.

Season        Nation             World Cup      Cont. Cup            Other
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21     Romania           In qualif.         NA                      Won Nations League B, Promoted to A
2021/22     Romania           4th in group    NA                      Qualified for World Cup, finished bottom
2022/23     Ghana              NA                  Winners              Already qual. for ACON, won it and left
2024/25     Belgium            In qualif.         NA                      Lost in semis of Nations League A
2025/26     Belgium            Quarter Final   NA                      Resigned after World Cup
2026/27     Holland             NA                 In Qualif.             Relegated to Nations League B

[b][i]Challenge Progress[/i][/b]

[b]Club[/b]
------------------------------------------
3/10 top domestic leagues (Scotland, Belgium, Brazil)
2/10 domestic cups (Scottish FA Cup, Italian Cup)

[b]International[/b]
-------------------------------------------
1/5 continental tournaments  (Africa)
0/2 world tournaments

JoeL - I definitely know how you feel. In this challenge you build a great team that wins stuff; and then you leave and start again with a non-great team. I kind of got fed up with it in the middle of the challenge and took over newcastle thinking that it might take 4 seasons to win the league with them, and I'd have the chance to develop them. It actually took 7 seasons. For most of the challenge I was ruthless in my job decisions, but I needed a break in the middle. Having completed the challenge I am enjoying the dynasty aspect of the youth challenge, though I am drawn back to this challenge because of the inference that it's more difficult on FM16 because of the whole getting jobs side of things.

I think maybe a week or 2 away from FM will serve me well. If i was to start another save I might end up getting too drawn into that and not going back to this one. Maybe once I get back to Europe it might change things, maybe I might go to a mid table side aswell, like a Newcastle and try to build them up to the Champions of Europe. That would definitely take a number of seasons.

Have read this thread for some weeks, and finaly I feal ready to start the challenge, and loaded leagues from:

South Africa, South Korea, China,

England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Norway and Iceland.

Took a while to get a club job, so I applyed the job for Saudi Arabia U23 and got it ahead of the U23 Asian Nations Cup Qualifyer.

Started with a 3-2 win over India. Beat Iran 2-1 and Tajikistan 2-0, so we qualified for the championship. Last game against China 1-1 was just a formality.

Applied for several club jobs, and there where three or four interviws but no luck. Maybe I was aiming to high?

Until the chinese Super League club Shenxin was relegated to the First division. Got the job in december 2015. In good time to prepare for the new season.

Played the U23 Asian Nations Cup in January 2016. In group with Japan, Indonesia and Kuwait. And started with a 1-0 win over Japan. A late 74m goal scored by my star-striker Al-Ghamdi. Second game against Indonesia was a bit easyer 3-0 win, and we where thru to the quarter final befor the last group play match. Rested a few players, and still it was an easy 4-1 victory against Kuwait. Quarter final 4-1 against Jordan. In the semi finale I thoughed my luck was out. Meeting China witch we drew 1-1 in the qualifier. We where pushing forward and making a lot of shots. And then they countered in 1-0 in the 59 minut. In the 77 minut we got the equaliser and finishing them off with a 84 min and 85 min goal. We where in the final against Australia.

A thight first half, before we where 1-0 up in the 55 minut penalty scored by Al-Ghamdi. Australia equalised in the 62 min. And we where all started to think about the extra time. After 90 minutes it was just adden 1 min, and after 90:29 Abdullah Madu played a one touch pass to Al-Deayed who headed the ball over the keeper and in the goal. Champions!

Player of the Match: Abdullah Madu (AMC) 9,0 with two assists

Best player: 8,37 average by Yahya Ateen (MC)

Top goalscorer: Abdulrahman Al-Ghamdi (SC) 6 goals

Reputation increased from 5% til 10% before my club career had even started. I hope I can continue the sucsess in my club job and bring Shenxin back to the Super League.

Two things convinced me to give Beikong a 5th season under my management, all the top foreign players contracts had expired at all our rivals clubs and they had left China and all the clubs i applied to manage laughed at me. To prevent another bad start to the season i would buy only 3 players in the transfer window and none would go into the first XI. The biggest name i bought was Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, the Man Utd left back who doing well in real life.

The season started with the FA Super Cup, the curtain raiser between the League winners and the FA Cup winners. We had twice before featured in this game and twice before lost but not this time. It was third time lucky. Guangzhou having lost Elkeson and Paulinho posed little threat and we ran away with a 3-0 win to lift our first piece of silverware for the season.

When it comes to the League we have usually started badly, steadily climbed the league and then struck late on to go top with 2 or 3 games remaining and hold on for the title. Not this time. Records fell left right and center and we looked for a third straight Super League title winning 8 of our first 10 matches. After 25 games we were undefeated, winning 20 and drawing 5. We were so far ahead of other teams i could rest my entire first XI in games to concentrate on cup competitions. Sadly this cost us dear and we ended up losing a game and ruining my dreams of being Beikong Invincibles.We won the league winning 23 of 30 games, amassing 75 points and a goal difference of +43. Three in a row.

Domestic cup competitions also went well. With the other teams all losing their best players nobody else had a team to match ours. The FA Cup saw us drawn against lower league opposition in the 4th and Quarter Finals giving us an easy route into the Semis. And whilst we hadnt managed to get through to the Final for the last two seasons, a 3-0 aggregate win over Shandong put us into the Final where we would face 14th placed Shenhua. Despite drawing 1-1 in the away leg, a game in which we dominated, they would not show any fight in the return leg where 22,391 people watched us complete the double with a 3-0 win. For good measure we closed out the domestic front with a clean sweep winning the All star game 4-0. A great season for us and my last season.

The Champions League i am glossing over. Even though we were robbed in the final losing 3-2 on aggregate i am happy. We didnt deserve to be there. We lost 8-3 in the Quarter Finals to Jeonbuk but i tried using a new skin and it crashed my game and so when i reloaded my save it was from before the quarter final and in the reload we squeezed through. So undeserved and had we won i wouldnt have counted it towards the challenge.

I resigned as manager of Beikong on 20.12.2020.

Season 2020 - USA U23

390.png

USA U23 duty included a couple of friendlies in the run up to the Olympics and then the Olympics themselves. Sadly the USA has a poor team. I struggled to get 18 U23 players for past games but luckily the 3 over age players allowed my to easily pick a full quota of players. Friendlies against Italy and France failed to produce a goal for us as we were poor in both, losing 2-0 to Italy and scraping an undeserved 0-0 with France. Not the best preparation.

We were drawn in Group C alongside Germany, South Korea and Congo. We got off to a good start beating Congo 2-0 and followed that up by beating Korea 4-2 to ensure we qualified for the group, us and Germany both winning our opening two games. Sadly they would beat us 2-1 in the last game to give us the harder draw in the Quarter Finals against Italy.

Despite losing a friendly to them and being under the cosh in this game a 25 yard screamer handed us a 2-1 win and a passage to the semi finals where Portugal awaited. As lucky as we were in the Quarters we were unlucky in the Semi Finals going down 2-1. Still we would have a 3rd place play off against our former Group mates Germany. We had 23 shots to Germanys 8 but with 8 minutes on the Clock it was 1-0 to Germany. I was proud of the boys and wit nothing to lose we went all out attack. 3 minutes later and we had scored twice to win the game and finish 3rd in the Olympics. Well done us.

As USA U23 had no games after the Olympics i was automatically removed as manager.

[b]CLUB CAREER
Season        Club                                                   1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC    Managerial Statistics                  | Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2016    CHI   Beijing Beikong   National First Division - 2nd        Q/F   -      -      -     P34   W23  D4   L7   F73   A37   W67%  | Promoted
2017    CHI   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League    - 5th        Won   -      -      -     P37   W20  D8   L9   F57   A42   W54%  | FA Cup Winners
2018    CHI   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League    - 1st        S/F   -     Grp     -     P41   W23  D6   L12  F67   A45   W56%  | League Winners, All Star game Winners & FA Super Cup Runners Up. Manager of the year. 
2019    CHI   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League    - 1st        S/F   -     S/F     -     P47   W28  D8   L11  F80   A54   W60%  | League Winners, All Star game Winners & FA Super Cup Runners Up. Manager of the year. 
2020    CHI   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League    - 1st        Won   -     Q/F     -     P51   W37  D11  L3   F114  A49   W73%  | League Winners, FA Cup Winners, All Star game Winners, FA Super Cup Winners, Manager of the year. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Beijing Beikong                                                                  P210  W131 D37  L42  F391  A227  W62%  | Resigned 20.12.2020
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                         Competitions
Season   Team                                  WC   CC   CA   EC   GC   ACON   ANC         Managerial Statistics              | Notes
2019     Hong Kong (China PR) Under 23s                                                    P4  W2  D1  L1  F5   A8   W50%     | 
2019     USA Under 23s                                                                     P5  W5  D0  L0  F9   A3   W100%    | Qualified for the Olympic Games
2020     USA Under 23s                                                                     P8  W4  D1  L3  F12  A10  W50%     | Olympic Games 3rd Place

[b]Challenge Progress

Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (Chinese Super League 2018, 2019, 2020)
1/10 domestic cups (Chinese FA Cup 2017, 2020)
[b]
International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Season 2020/21 & 2021/22 - Mamelodi Sundowns

1644.png

League Table | Getaneh Kebede | Cup Competitions | Champions League | Budget

The Sundowns job came up with 14 games of the 30 game season played and them top of the league with a game in hand. They had also qualified for the Champions League which starts near the end of the season and won 1 and finished runner up in two of the three domestic cups, the other hadn't started yet. I wanted this job. When i got my interview i laid it on thick, the old i can achieve what you want but with a fraction of the budgets you are offering. They bought my bulls**t and i had the job. We would go on to have a whirlwind romance that would last 10 months before i would walk away and look for my next mistress.

2020/21

It was clear from the start the team i had was very talented and the best in the league, the fact i spent 10 months fending off bids for every player i had just drove the point home. That said the King of the slow start said Hi and winning 1, drawing 3 and losing 1 of my first 6 league games would eliminate any advantage the team had and put us level pegging at the top of the league with 11 games remaining. Thankfully the Champions League brought a better start, pitting us against St Louis Suns United and it was like Man Utd playing the Dog and Duck. We beat them 19-0 on aggregate, winning the first leg 0-10. Following the second leg of this tie we would go on a 16 game winning streak in all competitions, only ending with a 4-1 loss away to Orlando Pirates as i rested my whole First XI.

We would get our revenge 2 games later as we lined up for the FA Cup final, beating Orlando Pirates 3-1 to lift the trophy. The 16 game winning streak had also included 8 wins in the league leaving us needing 1 win from our final 3 games to clinch a double. Something we did in our next game, beating second bottom Golden Arrows 2-0. A domestic double for the second year running for me.

The Champions League is a weird one. Its split across two seasons, the end of one season and the start of the next. After getting through the preliminary round we blasted our way through round 1 15-1 on aggregate, the 2nd round 7-1 on aggregate to reach the group stage. I was starting to think this was a pub competition. We reached the group stage and were drawn against two Algerian teams, MC Alger and ES Setif. The other group mate being the old enemy, Orlando Pirates. As the group games started after our season had ended we played the first game with the team on around 65% fitness. It told and despite a good showing we conceded late on to go down 3-2 away at MC Alger. Our first set back in the competition. We rounded out the season with a game against Orlando Pirates. Thankfully they did us a favour and rolled over as we beat them 3-0.

2021/22.

This season was all about the Champions League for me, finishing it off and winning it. I had the mind set that resting players to be fit and healthy for Champions League games was the best way to go. This would trip us up as our reserve XI would go out of the Knockout Cup in the first round experiencing a 4-3 loss after extra time to Maritzburg United. The league would go well, winning 3 and drawing 1 of our four games. Everyone else had played 7 or 8 games though as we had been in the cups so we were in 7th place despite the good start.

We were drawn in the Super 8's tournament, which i think just pits last seasons top 8 against each other in a knockout competition. We played 4 games in it and racked up 19 goals on our way to lifting the trophy. We knocked out Orlando Pirates in the Semi Finals and drew Kaizer Chiefs in the final. They predicted a riot and got one, as we ran out 5-0 winners. 8 Months into the job and 3 Trophies delivered. Just the big one remaining.

The rest of the Champions League group stage went smoothly, they took points of each other and we took points of off everyone. Winning our final 3 games 5-1, 4-0 and 7-1. It really was like we had been placed in a pub tournament. The Semi Finals saw us pitted against Egyptian club Al-Ahly. We were away in the first leg and took a 1 goal lead into the second half. Things were going well until our defender had a moment of madness and got his marching orders for a two footed lunge in the middle of the part. 5 Minutes later and we were 2-1 down. Sadly thats how it would end as with 10 men we could hold them at bay but we didnt muster many chances. The Second leg saw us have 65% possession as we had them chasing shadows, winning 3-0 to book a place in the final. We were up against MC Alger in the final, the only team to beat us in the group stage although we beat them 5-1 in the return.

The final started well, we were 1 up inside 3 minutes, 2 up inside 8 minutes and 3 up inside 13 minutes on the way to a 7-0 win. First leg done, tie done, competition surely won. It wasnt just me thinking it as i couldnt motivate the team for the second leg and we lost 2-1 in a poor display. We had done it, Champions. We celebrated with a bit of 'Queen, Princes of the Universe', "Here we are, Born to be kings, We're the princes of the universe, Here we belong". Once the song had finished my resignation had been tendered.

We would have no chance of becoming World Champions so i resigned on 06.11.2021.

[b]CLUB CAREER
Season           Club                                                   1st  2nd   Cont.   CWC    Managerial Statistics                  | Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
2016       CHN   Beijing Beikong   National First Division - 2nd        Q/F   -      -      -     P34   W23  D4   L7   F73   A37   W67%  | Promoted
2017       CHN   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League    - 5th        Won   -      -      -     P37   W20  D8   L9   F57   A42   W54%  | FA Cup Winners
2018       CHN   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League    - 1st        S/F   -     Grp     -     P41   W23  D6   L12  F67   A45   W56%  | League & All Star game Winners. FA Super Cup Runners Up. Manager of the year. 
2019       CHN   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League    - 1st        S/F   -     S/F     -     P47   W28  D8   L11  F80   A54   W60%  | League & All Star game Winners. FA Super Cup Runners Up. Manager of the year. 
2020       CHN   Beijing Beikong   Chinese Super League    - 1st        Won   -     Q/F     -     P51   W37  D11  L3   F114  A49   W73%  | League, FA Cup, All Star game & FA Super Cup Winners, Manager of the year. 
                Beijing Beikong                                                                  P210  W131 D37  L42  F391  A227  W62%  | Resigned 20.12.2020
2020/21    RSA   Sundowns          Premier League          - 1st        WON   -      -      -     P26   W21  D2   L3   F93   A24   W81%  | League & FA Cup Winners
2021/22    RSA   Sundowns          Premier League          -  -          -    1R    WON     -     P17   W13  D1   L3   F63   A17   W76%  | Super 8's & African Champions League Winners. 
                Sundowns                                                                         P43   W34  D3   L6   F156  A41   W79%  | Resigned 06.11.2021

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                         Competitions
Season   Team                                  WC   CC   CA   EC   GC   ACON   ANC         Managerial Statistics              | Notes
2019     Hong Kong (China PR) Under 23s                                                    P4  W2  D1  L1  F5   A8   W50%     | 
2019     USA Under 23s                                                                     P5  W5  D0  L0  F9   A3   W100%    | Qualified for the Olympic Games
2020     USA Under 23s                                                                     P8  W4  D1  L3  F12  A10  W50%     | Olympic Games 3rd Place

[b]Challenge Progress

Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (Chinese Super League 2018, 2019, 2020; South African Premier League 2021)
2/10 domestic cups (Chinese FA Cup 2017, 2020; South African FA Cup 2021)
1/5 club continental championships (African Champions League 2021)
[b]
International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Good to see people still going on this challenge. I think we've lost some to shiny new challenges, and you've lost me to an old challenge. I actually returned to this challenge for about 15 minutes today, but once I realsied how much work my Southend side needed, I returned to my youth challenge. I thought it would only last 1 season, like (almost) all my other attempts.

T&TD - Congrats on your first 5 trophies. (I realise you got the CSL a while back). You're probably right about the world club cup. I stayed on because it's so soon after the African Champions league ends. The ridiculous ease that one can get to the latter stages of the African CL just makes it more bitter if you come a cropper at the every end, so I'm glad you escaped that outcome. Where next I wonder. Was it you that was having trouble getting a top job in S Korea. I wonder if that will have changed. I'm interested in the dynamics of getting jobs in FM16. I'd say in FM15, you would be very eligible, so let's see. Of course, you have a range of other directions that you could go in.

roymik - Shenxin were relegated last year in real life as well. I hope that you can get them straiught back up (and I hope that doesn't happen in real life). It can take a while to get a (good) job at the start, but really good success with the Saudi Arabia U23. If you got the Shenxin job in december, it must be a long wait for the players to come back.

Earl - Congrats on winning the Brazilian Marathon. GL with the Libertadores; a competition I have fond memories of. (90 minutes of memories, but fond nonetheless). Can't believe that you were relegated in the nstions league and didn't get sacked by holland. Your Holland is a different one from mine. I don't remember calling the Confed Cup the 'don't get sacked cup' as some have said. I always saw the Nations league as more in that vein. Even if I won every time, my job would still be shown as insecure.

Good to see people still going on this challenge. I think we've lost some to shiny new challenges, and you've lost me to an old challenge. I actually returned to this challenge for about 15 minutes today, but once I realsied how much work my Southend side needed, I returned to my youth challenge. I thought it would only last 1 season, like (almost) all my other attempts.

T&TD - Congrats on your first 5 trophies. (I realise you got the CSL a while back). You're probably right about the world club cup. I stayed on because it's so soon after the African Champions league ends. The ridiculous ease that one can get to the latter stages of the African CL just makes it more bitter if you come a cropper at the every end, so I'm glad you escaped that outcome. Where next I wonder. Was it you that was having trouble getting a top job in S Korea. I wonder if that will have changed. I'm interested in the dynamics of getting jobs in FM16. I'd say in FM15, you would be very eligible, so let's see. Of course, you have a range of other directions that you could go in.

roymik - Shenxin were relegated last year in real life as well. I hope that you can get them straiught back up (and I hope that doesn't happen in real life). It can take a while to get a (good) job at the start, but really good success with the Saudi Arabia U23. If you got the Shenxin job in december, it must be a long wait for the players to come back.

Earl - Congrats on winning the Brazilian Marathon. GL with the Libertadores; a competition I have fond memories of. (90 minutes of memories, but fond nonetheless). Can't believe that you were relegated in the nstions league and didn't get sacked by holland. Your Holland is a different one from mine. I don't remember calling the Confed Cup the 'don't get sacked cup' as some have said. I always saw the Nations league as more in that vein. Even if I won every time, my job would still be shown as insecure.

vike - The Nations League as a comptetition towards your status with the board is almost irrelevant. Its not important at all. Infact the individual results against your opponents are more important. We met Germany and England and they are both ranked higher than us and thus loosing was not a crisis. Loosing 3 out of 4 matches was obviously not good for my status, but it would all come down to Euro Qualification and then hopefully Euro itself.

If you in the past was unsecure with your nation after winning Nations League, for sure you must have had some other bad results. If not it sounds strange.

Thanks for encouragement though, and yes hope I can win Copa Libertadores, but yes unlike you I have to play every minute of the competition. Hopefully if I win it it can raise my reputation.

mayihavecookie's Confed Cup 2045 and World Cup 2046 Report

170px-FFF.svg.png

France - Confedearions & World Cup

Games 2044 | Games 2045 | Games 2046 | Confederations Cup

Yes TheEarl, I would have definitely gone for Argentina or Brazil if I had a chance. But Argentina declined me once again (Has anyone ever managed them? I'm sure at this point I could get any job I applied for in this save, and I even have two succesful years with Boca in my CV, yet Argentina always prefer lesser known Argentinian managers) and Brazil is having some success at the moment, so that job won't come up for a while.

So I took over France after they sacked their insanely succesful manager of 18 years, Yohan Cabaye, in reaction to their 2nd Rnd out at the EURO 2044. First we played in the Nations League in a group with Cyprus and England. We couldn't beat England (1-1 away and 1-2 at home), so I still won't be able to add this (not counting) trophy to the list.

2045 was a Confederations Cup year once again. We started with a 1-2 defeat against Mexico, but still qualified for the semi final with two wins against Cameroon and Australia.

In the semi final we met Italy and it was a crazy game. We were down 0-1 after 11 minutes, but we turned it around with two fast goals in minutes 26 and 27. Italy equalised after 40 minutes and in injury time they even scored the 2-3, but the first half was not over yet. We scored the 3-3 after 47 minutes. In second half it was Italy again who had the better start. They scored the 3-4 after 54 minutes, but in a game like that you don't just give up. We actually equalised once more after 75 minutes and in minute 94 we even got the lucky 5-4. We won and qualified for the final against Brazil.

This was a much less interesting game. Brazil played a 3-5-2 that was no use against our 4-4-2 that exploits the flanks. We didn't leave them a chance and won 3-1, to become Confederations Cup Champions for the second time in my career. This was France's third consecutive Confed Cup win after 2037 and 2041.

We qualified for the World Cup 2046 from a group with Scotland, Finland, Sweden and Israel. We got 24 points from 8 games with a goal difference of 31-1.

In the World Cup we were drawn in a very easy group. We beat Iran 3-0, Wales 6-1 and South Africa 3-1 and qualified for the 2nd Round. There we beat Holland 2-0. Next was Italy, and in a game that was the complete opposite of our encounter in the Confederations Cup, we beat them 1-0. In the Semi Final we met Portugal, an easy game that we won 2-1.

So we were in the final, with a chance to get a third consecutive World Cup as well (which of course would have been a record). Brazil was the opponent, just like a year before in the Confed Cup. They played the same 3-5-2 again, so I was very optimistic about our chances. We went up 2-0 after 25 minutes, but Brazil reacted immediately and came back to 2-1. This was the half time result. In the second half, Brazil suddenly were the better team. They equalised after 52 minutes and got stronger and stronger. My hopes for a lucky goal or a penalty shootout were shattered when Brazil scored from a corner to go up 3-2. We tried everything to equalise, but when my centre back went off with two yellow cards in 5 minutes, it was over. We lost the final of the World Cup 2-3 and missed a chance to set a record for eternity. I missed a chance to get my second to last title and will need some more years to finish the challenge.

I wasn't sacked. The board was pleased with reaching the final, and I decided to have another go with France. To lose the final after a 2-0 lead is really disappointing, and I'm looking to take revenge next time. I'm very annoyed that I have to stay for four more years. Especially as it's not sure at all that I will survive those four years with a European Championship and possibly another Confederations Cup without being sacked. Not to mention it won't be easier to win the World Cup in four years.

[b]CLUB CAREER

34/35

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

2032   Mexico
2035   England
2039   England
2043   South Korea                 Won           Won Asian Nations Cup   
2044   France         GS                         Joined after European Championship
2045   France                             Won    Won Confederations Cup         
2045   France               Final                Lost in Final of the World Cup                

Challenge Progress

4/5 continental tournaments [African Cup of Nations (Cameroon 2021), Gold Cup (Mexico 2033), EURO (England 2040), Asian Nations Cup (South Korea 2043)]

T&TD Well done on finishing China and South Africa. Having won the African Champions League you should know be able to get top jobs in the other continents as well, except for Europe maybe. Looking forward to hear where you're heading next.

mihc - Congrats on the Asian Cup. I think that's a big win, particularly if you don't have many asian nations managable in your save. Nearly there. Are you holidaying between fixtures? Do you enjoy just being an international manager and international management in general?

vike Yes it is, I'm very happy with that win. Would have been a pain in the ass to come back later. South Korea has been the only manageable Asian team in my save for a very long time now. And yes, I'm playing two games, then holiday to the next squad selection. I only have three leagues loaded now, so it normally doesn't take a long time.

Am I enjoying international management? I couldn't say that. But it's definitely become more enjoyable since I don't have to do club and international management at the same time anymore. Still, it can be annoying having to draft replacements into the squad after injuries all the time and just generally having to select a new squad every two games. I'm also much much better at playing leagues than cup competitions. I'm sure I would have finished the international part decades ago if all the competitions were leagues instead of cups :) But so would everyone else I guess.

Taz; Congrats on your recent success, paticularly the African Champs League. That should prove to be a big boost in your reputation and it means you can tick that continent off the list. Will be interesting to see where you head to next.

roymik; Welcome to the Challenege and well done on the the u23 Asian Cup and best of luck in China.

Earl; Fair play to ya getting the Brazilian league in the bag. Brazil has such a long season, it seems endless. Anyway best of luck with the Libredatos.

mihc; Such tough luck in the final, it must have been sickening. At least you got to stay on though. Best of luck with the final 2 trophies.

I loaded up my own save last night but i just wasnt feeling it. I have definitely hit the wall. I think i might start up a different challenge as i dont wanna completely stop playing FM. As a United fan the Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge looks interesting so i might give that a try. Who knows it might help spark to my interest in this challenge once again.