[FM2016] Australian Real Life Pyramid

Hi all, You may remember me from FM15 the one that made the Fantasy Australian Pyramid

So, I have decided to return for FM16 but this time to create a Real Life Pyramid that covers all of Australia. The current model - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austra..._league_system I am basing the system off the 2015 season and possibly will release an update later on for the 2016 season. All the Cups and Leagues will (hopefully) be added. This includes Ethnic Cups, League Cups, Youth Cups and the FFA Cup.

Not everything will be 100% correct as I am pretty sure it is impossible to create a complete system. This includes rules etc.

There will also be kits and logos to go with this database both packs can be downloaded below

Kits - COMING SOON

Logos - COMING SOON

If you would like to help out with any specific club or league that would be great just give me a private message on here and we'll work something out.

Release: http://www.mediafire.com/download/013vaii5hegdxh0/%5BBETA%5D+Australian+Real+Pyramid.fmf

EDIT: No longer working on this after many Laptop issues. I am pleased with what I had released so far and hopefully can do something better in FM17

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally i dont think Australia has any structure ? The country is too big to travel anywhere . USA ( similar size ) has overcome this but this wont work in Australia due to the fact Perth is so isolated with only 1 team on the West coast unlike the USA . Maybe a South Aust West Aust league for a conference league would be ok . The NPL isnt really a true Australian League in itself . Anyway good luck with your project . Im just about to release a Australian Fantasy league so you can look out for that one if you like

Personally i dont think Australia has any structure ? The country is too big to travel anywhere . USA ( similar size ) has overcome this but this wont work in Australia due to the fact Perth is so isolated with only 1 team on the West coast unlike the USA . Maybe a South Aust West Aust league for a conference league would be ok . The NPL isnt really a true Australian League in itself . Anyway good luck with your project . Im just about to release a Australian Fantasy league so you can look out for that one if you like

You're right, but this is the real life pyramid no promotion/relegation to the top tier. Or even to the NPL to the amateur leagues for that matter.

USA ( similar size ) has overcome this

Overcome how? The US doesn't have any promotion/relegation at all. At least in Australia, as I understand it, most of the state leagues have several interconnected levels.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now in the process of getting logos, kits and player faces done for all leagues the player faces will be harder to find so no promises on them for all players but kits and logos should be easy to get/replicate

Weiry:

Is there a chance were you can make one version without added players and one with. I genrally don't like to play with added players as people without knowledge of the research process often overrate the players they add and that unbalances the current ability and potential ability towards the rest of the DB, while the game it self generates players that are balanced to the rest of the DB

Weiry - great that you're doing a new database for FM2016. But what do you mean by no promotion / relegation from the "amateur" leagues to the N.P.L. ? The top ( champion ) team from the W.A. first division CAN be promoted to the W.A. N.P.L. provided they meet the eligibility criteria / standards set by the governing body - Football West. Is that what you are alluding to ?

As I live in Perth, I'm particularly interested in your database. However, you will probably find that getting the CURRENT players names and playing positions will be difficult, as there is not much in the way of information available for the lower leagues here ( div.1, and 2 ).

Please provide us with REGULAR updates on how things are progressing, and when a definite completion date looms.

still early days yet but i've got heaps of research done already and I'm pretty confident that i can get this out. I've been assisted greatly by members on this site and even some clubs have jumped on board.

I did a little test on FM15 going down to Level 4 and it worked great. So lets hope this can work for FM16.

Obviously this won't be 100% realistic but I honestly don't think this is possible and I'm quite happy what with I've got so far. If anyone wants I'll put up a Word Doc detailing the leagues etc

I will try to get this done by December

Thanks!

still early days yet but i've got heaps of research done already and I'm pretty confident that i can get this out. I've been assisted greatly by members on this site and even some clubs have jumped on board.

I did a little test on FM15 going down to Level 4 and it worked great. So lets hope this can work for FM16.

Obviously this won't be 100% realistic but I honestly don't think this is possible and I'm quite happy what with I've got so far. If anyone wants I'll put up a Word Doc detailing the leagues etc

I will try to get this done by December

Thanks!

What are the limitations on realism? I'd imagine the Player Point System would one be one thing that can't be implemented right?

Research has been finished for ALL NPL Victoria teams. This includes U20s and U18s teams as well that play in the NPL Victoria. The top tier of Football in Victoria. Thanks to the guys over at Hume City, Avondale FC, Bentleigh Greens, South Melbourne and Heidelberg United who gave me a hand with the players. The players from the other clubs (particularly in the youth squads) won't be 100% correct with playing positions etc. I pretty much went off their playing stats to determine their positions. I will be looking to finish the NPL Victoria 1 East and West clubs now. If anyone can give me a hand with anything please pm me.

• 2 weeks later...
How is this coming along?

Are you working on the other states as well?

This will be excellent if you manage to pull it off!!

Still on Victoria but the db will be released when I finish all states getting the research will probably take as long as to put them in the game... Kits are also being made and all NPL teams kits are finished.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm thinking of releasing down to Level 5 then Level 8 and then hopefully the full pyramid I already have added Victoria down to Level 5 this includes players and reserve/youth teams So let me know what you all think.

Speaking of players is there any chance of adding my friend? He actually plays for Fraser Park first grade

Well Fraser Park play in Level 3 I think? So yeah they and their players will be in the first release. If you want you can send me his details like position etc. via pm if you want I don't mind

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Weiry. December is here, and as you said you were hoping to have your Australia Real Life Pyramid finished by this time, I am wondering if it's ready yet, or if not, if you have a release date in mind for this month ?

As I mentioned before, I live in Perth, and I take it your file will include the West Australian State League Divisions One and Two as well as the N.P.L. ? And how did you go in getting the correct team kits and squads e.t.c. ?

Hi Weiry. December is here, and as you said you were hoping to have your Australia Real Life Pyramid finished by this time, I am wondering if it's ready yet, or if not, if you have a release date in mind for this month ?

As I mentioned before, I live in Perth, and I take it your file will include the West Australian State League Divisions One and Two as well as the N.P.L. ? And how did you go in getting the correct team kits and squads e.t.c. ?

I've decided to release a Level 5 Database first then Level 8 then the full pyramid. I am hoping to get Level 5 out by at least end of this month? Yes, The database will include the divisions you listed. For kits pretty much just Google Images and Club Websites for Squads I found them via Fox Sports Pulse and some clubs also have just sent me a more detailed squad list to be added.

Much appreciated. Any cup competitions included ( apart from the F.F.A. Cup ) ? I don't know about the other states, but in W.A. we have a pre season cup competition called The Night Series, that involves teams from the N.P.L. and Division One at least. It would be good if that were in too, assuming the rules can be formulated with the game's editor....

Much appreciated. Any cup competitions included ( apart from the F.F.A. Cup ) ? I don't know about the other states, but in W.A. we have a pre season cup competition called The Night Series, that involves teams from the N.P.L. and Division One at least. It would be good if that were in too, assuming the rules can be formulated with the game's editor....

yes, various state cups, ethnic cups, league cups (If the league has a cup) I'll check out The Night Series as well

Karadjordje Cup - Serbian

Australian Croatian Tournament - Croatian

Macedonian Cup - Macedonian

Hellenic Cup - Greek

Italian, Albanian, Portugese, African (Mostly Somalian), Hungarian, Cypriot, Turkish, British, Romanian, Arabic and more if I can get the info

The kits look good but I have to agree with the other comments. Wouldn't it be better if you first released the league edit and then moved onto making the kits.

Yeah the database is the main priority, the kits are just to keep me motivated through this as this will take a long time

Thanks so much for including kits, didn't expect those - they're a bonus ! If you get the time, can you post a picture of the W.A. N.P.L. kits too ? And will there be kits for the W.A. Divisions One and Two in the game ? I presume there will be ?

Great work, Weiry. I admire your patience, dedication and attention to detail.

Thanks so much for including kits, didn't expect those - they're a bonus ! If you get the time, can you post a picture of the W.A. N.P.L. kits too ? And will there be kits for the W.A. Divisions One and Two in the game ? I presume there will be ?

Great work, Weiry. I admire your patience, dedication and attention to detail.

sure, I've posted it. Yeah WA Div. 1 and Div. 2 should have kits as well soon. All NPL (Level 2) Clubs have kits ready to go into the game.

12371153_929301280483944_1134966404901495123_o.jpg

Thanks, mate. A question ; where did you find the W.A. lower divisions ( One and Two's ) kits ? Their own club websites are very information poor, and aren't kept up to date. I've looked far and wide, but have found it frustrating.

P.S. I've noticed a few things....

1) the Subiaco N.P.L. kits above ( the last two on the end - bottom right corner ) are the wrong way round. The white kit is the home, and the reddish one is the away. But don't worry, we can easily change that around by editing the config file.

2) The Sorrento F.C. home kit ( third from left, bottom line ) has dark blue collar and trim, not white. Just thought I'd mention these for accuracy's* sake. ( *I'm pretty pedantic like that ) !

3) You haven't included the Perth Glory Youth* team. ( *There are twelve N.P.L. W.A. clubs ).

Thanks also for replying to these posts so promptly !

Thanks, mate. A question ; where did you find the W.A. lower divisions ( One and Two's ) kits ? Their own club websites are very information poor, and aren't kept up to date. I've looked far and wide, but have found it frustrating.

P.S. I've noticed a few things....

1) the Subiaco N.P.L. kits above ( the last two on the end - bottom right corner ) are the wrong way round. The white kit is the home, and the reddish one is the away. But don't worry, we can easily change that around by editing the config file.

2) The Sorrento F.C. home kit ( third from left, bottom line ) has dark blue collar and trim, not white. Just thought I'd mention these for accuracy's* sake. ( *I'm pretty pedantic like that ) !

3) You haven't included the Perth Glory Youth* team. ( *There are twelve N.P.L. W.A. clubs ).

Thanks also for replying to these posts so promptly !

1. Fixed, Thanks

2. Will see what I can do

3. Yes I know, they are there but I didn't put their kits there as I would probably just use the Hyundai A League kits for them as well which I did not make :)

Hope this clears everything up :)

Yes, the Perth Glory Youth team now use the same kits as their "parent" club, A-League Glory. Which, being a Glory fan myself, I'm happy about - the old style looked pretty awful.

By the way, how are you going with your research into the W.A. Night Series competition ? And do you know whether anyone is doing 3D kits like these, that we can actually see the players wearing during the matches ? It would be great if that was so. Not that I'm hinting, as I know you have a lot on your plate as it is.

I've tried making 3D ones myself, but I can't get them to show in the matches for some unknown reason, so I've given up.....

Yes, the Perth Glory Youth team now use the same kits as their "parent" club, A-League Glory. Which, being a Glory fan myself, I'm happy about - the old style looked pretty awful.

By the way, how are you going with your research into the W.A. Night Series competition ? And do you know whether anyone is doing 3D kits like these, that we can actually see the players wearing during the matches ? It would be great if that was so. Not that I'm hinting, as I know you have a lot on your plate as it is.

I've tried making 3D ones myself, but I can't get them to show in the matches for some unknown reason, so I've given up.....

I've had a little look at the Night Series.. just the 12 NPL clubs put into two groups? Top two of each group go into the finals series (I'm guessing 1st of Pool A play 2nd of Pool B?) then it's the Grand Final?

As for 3d kits I've never made them before so it's a bit unfamiliar territory. But if you want to make them I can send kits over to you..

The W.A. Night Series rules are here ; http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-10183-0-0-0&sID=321705 It seems, Weiry, that you're pretty much correct. And the State Leagues' rules ( i.e. for Division One / Two ) are the same as for the N.P.L. according to the article. Though they are run as separate competitions of course.

The 3D kits - no, thanks for the offer, but the kits for 3D are different in layout to the normal 2D ones that we see on the FM clubs' homepage. I have downloaded templates for the 3D ones, but when I tried to make them using the free "Gimp 2" graphics program* ( * I can't afford Photoshop ), I must have got the kit layers wrong somehow, because as I said, they won't show during the match. A pity, as I had my local N.P.L. team - Cockburn City - looking really good.

Seeing the various teams playing in their actual strips, adds more realism to the match. There are 3D kit makers who do requests, but they only do teams for the overseas leagues. No-one seems to do them for Aussie leagues. Maybe we're not considered important enough ?

The alternative, ( if it is possible ) would be for someone to make available for download, more variety in the default kits shirt styles. The ones currently provided by Sports Interactive for use in the match, are too limited. We need a lot more to choose from in my opinion.

The W.A. Night Series rules are here ; http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-10183-0-0-0&sID=321705 It seems, Weiry, that you're pretty much correct. The State Leagues' rules ( i.e. for Division One / Two ) are the same as for the N.P.L. according to the article.

The 3D kits - no, thanks for the offer, but the kits for 3D are different in layout to the normal 2D ones that we see on the FM clubs' homepage. I have downloaded templates for the 3D ones, but when I tried to make them using the free "Gimp 2" graphics program* ( * I can't afford Photoshop ), I must have got the kit layers wrong somehow, because as I said, they won't show during the match. A pity, as I had my local N.P.L. team - Cockburn City - looking really good.

ok no problem mate! :) think I might have someone else making 3d kits anyway!

If you have any info on any WA teams like players etc give me message :)

Hey man! OMG your a legend! I was looking everywhere for this but i couldn't find it so i made my own post:

"Hey guys!

it was my first try at using the editor but whatever I did i haven't managed to do what I wanted to do :'(

Aim:

To increase the slots in the A-League from 10 to 24 (12/16 =10, 16/17=10 (no wellington). 17/18= 11 18/19=12) etc.

After the 2015/2016 season for Wellington phoenix to return to the AFB? New Zealand premier since they don't have a license.

To add all of the various leagues including the university leagues with the proper relegation/promotions and to add them for the few which don't.

Increase the prize money from whatever to 1st, 4,000,000 2nd, 3,500,000 3rd, 3,200,000 4th, 3.0(00,000), 2.8, 2.6, 2.5, 2.4, 2.3, 2.2, 2.1, 2.0, 1.9, 1.8, 1.7, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1.2, 1.1, 1.0, 0.5

continue to have the finals series and for each team to play each other 3 times until 15 teams are reached and then will turn into a 2 play each other format with a finals system.

Finals series will have 8 teams instead of six

removal of the marquee rules and and max wage rules and stuff but keep the foreign rules at 4+1 Asian.

AFC champions league prize money increased to the newly 4.2 mil i think it is and for Australia to have 3 Automatic Group stage places 1 from the FFA cup winner and top team from the Regular Season and the winner of the finals series or 2nd regular placed team if winning team win both the season and the finals. and 1 playoff place for the 2nd/3rd place team depending on other results.

All 9 (think its 9) National premier League league teams to still hold the playoff series, but will change into a champions league format with 8 groups with the top 2 teams advancing to the knockout stages.

Promotion into the A-League:

Winner of the playoff series, i.e the knockout final winner wins promotion into the A-League. The semi finalists and the lost of the final will play the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bottom of the A-league in a 2 round leg tie and the winner gets promoted and the loser gets relegated.

FFA Cup:

All teams to play in the FFA Cup.

each stage will be done in tiers with the bottom starting in qualifying stages. 2nd stage will introduce the 2nd bottom tier, 3rd qual. stage will introduce the 3rd bottom tier etc. when the A-League teams enter it will be the first round. Winner Qualifies for the AFC champions league.

Schedule and Transfers:

To begin one month earlier in August and to end first Saturday in April and then the finals series will start ending in halfway through May.

Transfer season remains the same but will start one month earlier in August.

National premier leagues will follow A-League schedule but will Finnish in March and will begin the play off series Ending the same time of the Finals series. then after will be the Promotion/Relegation series.

Minimum stadium requirements to be 20,000

with under soil heating etc

Is anyone able to help with this? I would be so grateful!"

As it seems we have the same idea about things! anything i can help with?

i wanted the rules to all be correct and things until the A-League stuff. I thought a gradual expansion would envision the 20 year plan that they set out to do.

The one thing which might be hard to find out is the minimum and maximum wage limits the A-League has, because every year it has been expanding due to the stability of the league. so if its possible to somehow have a percentage on how much it increases every year would be awesome! Good luck!

So I have found a pretty big problem when holidaying and looking at other peoples databases.

It seems that there are no generated managers this year? So that means that heaps of clubs will go on without managers for quite some time (or even forever!) The only solution I've found is to make a ton of managers in the editor then they should should take over the clubs that don't have managers.

Now I honestly don't have the time to do add a ton of managers right now as I am really pushing to get all the leagues and teams done down to Level 5 by January.

So if anyone that has the time make the fake managers send the file to me and I'll happily merge the file with Real Life Pyramid file :)

Will you eventually go down to level 8? I'd love to manager Healesville Soccer Club. :p

Yeah planning to :) hopefully to get the whole pyramid out this year (If not then FM17 definitely) I'm very close to finishing Level 5 just need to run a few more tests and add a few more comps. Aiming for Early January release

So would we be right in assuming that there will also be a version of your Pyramid for FM 2017 ? That would be great. Would it be a matter of just building / updating on what you've already done ? If so, then it shouldn't take as much time and intensive work for you as this one has. We could get it pretty quickly ?

So would we be right in assuming that there will also be a version of your Pyramid for FM 2017 ? That would be great. Would it be a matter of just building / updating on what you've already done ? If so, then it shouldn't take as much time and intensive work for you as this one has. We could get it pretty quickly ?

yeah I'm planning on doing this again for FM17. It should be quicker just a case of fixing up the promotions/relegations

Archived