FMC15 Save Updates Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dilemma! Kingsley Coman is unhappy at Juve, and will join me at Bradford Park Avenue, in the Championship, for 8m.

On the one side, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, isn't it? He'd be 4.5* CA for my squad, and probably near propel me to promotion. The 8m is very doable, Juve will accept 5m of it over 48 months. Transfer budget cost of 4m.

On the other side, despite being very affordable, even at 16kpw, that's 27% of my current squad's wages total. Also, I have to offer him some pretty fantastic(for him) clauses. Notably 35% sell on, and Match Highest Earner(he's on 5x more than the next closest, currently).

I'd still have 4.5m, and 40kpw to work with, and may have a few smashing free loans coming in, despite being pretty happy with my squad. I have to go for it, don't I? This is too good to miss, and 16k will be nothing in a few seasons.....

I've started a new save, but am updating the original careers thread.

Now at Águia de Marabá in the Brazilian Third Division. This time, I'm forcing myself to only use a 4-3-1-2 formation; Instant Result all the way. I have five games to avoid relegation, and started with turing round a 2-0 deficit at 3rd placed Cuiabá.

Picked up Imoh Ezekiel on a free, shame really, he hasn't developed as much as he could/should have, but I guess that's why I got him. Almost 25, I wonder, he might still develop a bit with me, though my facilities are awful, and I haven't been able to ask for an upgrade for a few years now.

Dilemma! Kingsley Coman is unhappy at Juve, and will join me at Bradford Park Avenue, in the Championship, for 8m. On the one side, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, isn't it? He'd be 4.5* CA for my squad, and probably near propel me to promotion. The 8m is very doable, Juve will accept 5m of it over 48 months. Transfer budget cost of 4m.On the other side, despite being very affordable, even at 16kpw, that's 27% of my current squad's wages total. Also, I have to offer him some pretty fantastic(for him) clauses. Notably 35% sell on, and Match Highest Earner(he's on 5x more than the next closest, currently). I'd still have 4.5m, and 40kpw to work with, and may have a few smashing free loans coming in, despite being pretty happy with my squad. I have to go for it, don't I? This is too good to miss, and 16k will be nothing in a few seasons.....

For me this is all down to your personal beliefs. I can see why bankrolling the move for a world class player in the championship would be tempting. The extra push to the premier league will also make it worth while in monetary terms. But, is putting all your eggs in one basket the way you want to do it? Is he that good that he will drag the team up? Some formations and playing styles can afford a maverick talent, and you may have that. In my team, I try to buy cheap and sell big, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't spend the money if it was there.

What did you decide in the end?

I've started a new save, but am updating the original careers thread.Now at Águia de Marabá in the Brazilian Third Division. This time, I'm forcing myself to only use a 4-3-1-2 formation; Instant Result all the way. I have five games to avoid relegation, and started with turing round a 2-0 deficit at 3rd placed Cuiabá.
Good luck!

Thanks all.

Congrats Kidshiva, I'd be tempted to play more to see what you can do in another World Cup. :)

On a principle I stick to ten seasons per game. Firstly, it gives me a target to get to, and secondly means I get to play in different leagues. As I am in my last season, I couldn't wait another three years for a World Cup.

In pure footballing terms, the squad had 13 players over 30. I managed to pick up a couple of "converts" from England through dual nationalities, but there was very little behind it. We would never be as good as that moment.

For me this is all down to your personal beliefs. I can see why bankrolling the move for a world class player in the championship would be tempting. The extra push to the premier league will also make it worth while in monetary terms. But, is putting all your eggs in one basket the way you want to do it? Is he that good that he will drag the team up? Some formations and playing styles can afford a maverick talent, and you may have that. In my team, I try to buy cheap and sell big, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't spend the money if it was there.

What did you decide in the end?

I normally am very focused on cheap, and free, or buying world class potential and developing them, then selling them on, in fairness, this could almost fit. 22, 8m cost, already worth 10, next season I could sell him for a lot. What made the difference in the end was, there were no other players I was interested in for my first team. So rather than eggs in one basket, it was either current squad, or current squad + Coman. The only other first team signings being a pair of free loans from my parent club, and later the free move for Imoh Ezekiel.

So, by now you may have guessed I went for him, and I'm quite happy, he's tearing it up, he's my best AMC, my best MC, and my best ST. Were I playing MR/L, he's also be my best ML. Currently he flicks between AMC and MC(CMa).

I'm considering a formation change in January. I think my 5-2-1-2 is inviting pressure. This would lead to him being a MC full time. Just need to find a pair of right wingers. That said, I'm 2nd in the league on 9 wins 2 draws, 0 losses. Too many of my wins have been scrappy though. My best win being coming from behind to put 4 past Watford, after changing to a 4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1 that I used exclusively with my great run with Jamaica.

This has been going well. Too well....

efb837d48d2729d23ef675e29c377a8c.png

So, how about a January spanner?

708cefc2d26bfd3d242c0c4073a279d8.png

That'd be my two of my starting CB's, my goalkeeper(captain), my holding mid(vice captain), and my best wingback. My striker, Ezekiel is already off, at the Asian Cup.

Well.

I managed to scrape January, as it turns out the fixtures were relatively easy for the most part. After that me and Wigan were neck and neck until March, never more than 2 points apart. Fulham then smashed four past me, and I thought we were in trouble, but the boys responded by going on a 7 game win streak, a draw, and 4 more wins to seal the league in spectacular fashion.

Then things got better.

35a926ddd40113c20c43887a2d125cd7.png

I had a very easy run all the way to the final, playing only one Premier League team(a really weak West Ham) before the final, in which I hit Man Utd for 3 on the counter.

• Administrators

Now in 2025, Finished my first full season in MLS with NYCFC after my earlier career saw me rise in Chile with Santiago Morning and then Colo Colo, before moving to Brazil to conquer South America with my all beating Cruzeiro side. We've missed out on the playoffs this season but fortunately won the Open Cup with a thrilling win on penalties vs NY Red Bulls :)

Finished 2025 with a trophyless season but still in the running for the NACL. Lost in the MLS Cup final, on penalties to LA Galaxy.

2026 saw me leave USA before the 2026 World Cup in USA and take up the post at Chile, so I can manage some of my old players again.

Club wise in 2026, we ended up finally winning the MLS Cup, won the NACL and reaching the final of the Club World Cup. Lost that to PSG 2-1. No Supporters Shield during my time there, missed out due to some bad form.

Contract was up at the end of 2026, so I left once it was expiring and took up a job offer I had deferred to the end of the season, in Guangzhou in China for the 2027 season for a two year deal.

Trying to decide whether I should start a new save or not, few things about this save that are bugging me.

Decided to switch formation, as I wasn't enjoying what I was watching, felt too negative(despite not playing defensive), waiting on a few players to do their magic, or one of my strikers to get a lucky tap in. Went to 4-3-3, but still not ideal. Lot of it is fitting players to jobs, and I'm not much happier with the way they're playing anyway. Stuck in a situation with not quite the right players for 4-3-3 or my old 5-2-1-2. Need to put some thought into a new setup.

More importantly though, I've grown too quickly, and my facilities are still at a Conference level, and in the case of the first team facilities, I haven't had the option to ask for an upgrade for years. Player development hasn't been up to my usual standards, to be honest, outside of first teamers with great personalities.

On the upside, I got the USA job, which should be a fun distraction, should I continue.

• Administrators
Trying to decide whether I should start a new save or not, few things about this save that are bugging me.

Decided to switch formation, as I wasn't enjoying what I was watching, felt too negative(despite not playing defensive), waiting on a few players to do their magic, or one of my strikers to get a lucky tap in. Went to 4-3-3, but still not ideal. Lot of it is fitting players to jobs, and I'm not much happier with the way they're playing anyway. Stuck in a situation with not quite the right players for 4-3-3 or my old 5-2-1-2. Need to put some thought into a new setup.

More importantly though, I've grown too quickly, and my facilities are still at a Conference level, and in the case of the first team facilities, I haven't had the option to ask for an upgrade for years. Player development hasn't been up to my usual standards, to be honest, outside of first teamers with great personalities.

On the upside, I got the USA job, which should be a fun distraction, should I continue.

I had similar issues settling in at NYCFC, team wasn't quite good enough for my 4132 setup, I went 442 Diamond before finally settling on a new system entirely. USA job is good fun, as for youth development the best thing you can do in my opinion is give youth players match time. I was in a position to do that at my first club and it really paid off in the end.

I had similar issues settling in at NYCFC, team wasn't quite good enough for my 4132 setup, I went 442 Diamond before finally settling on a new system entirely. USA job is good fun, as for youth development the best thing you can do in my opinion is give youth players match time. I was in a position to do that at my first club and it really paid off in the end.

That's what I usually do, it's rare that my teams have many players over 25, but currently some have been in my squad 2-4 years and shown not much development, despite regular first team football.

Still have a few million to spend, if I can get out of this tactical muddle, I'll probably stick with it, Kingsley Coman who I'd just retrained as a MC, could be retrained again, as a AML, if I find a new MC.

I've drifted back to my Saints save again :rolleyes:

I had a tactical idea in my head to test, but my Brazilian squad has completely the wrong mix of players to test it on :(

I'd imagine it won't be the last time you revisit the Saints. :D

Since slumping to our (Dundee) heavy defeat to rivals Dundee United and resorting to back-to-basics with our tactical set-up and approach, we've made some quite impressive progress!

From being winless and bottom of the table after 14 games, we've since won eight of our last ten games and have climbed to eighth. My young winger has won the Young Player of the Month award for three consecutive seasons, while I've also just landed my first Manager of the Month award.

Back to back matches against Celtic, with a Scottish Cup quarter-final tie at Parkhead, are certain to end our decent run of results but we're definitely progressing nicely and I'm pretty glad I didn't resign, as I was very close to doing so at one point.

Scouring the Dutch lower leagues right now for Bosman signings for next season, already got a few decent targets lined up.

Completed first season at Dundee, successfully avoiding relegation. Predicted to finish 12th and eventually finished comfortably above the drop zone in 9th. It didn't always look like it would so straightforward earlier in the season, when we were adrift and winless at the bottom of the table after 12 games.

Our turnaround in form came as we reverted to very basic tactics and a simplistic game plan, and though our run was ended with a 1-0 defeat to Celtic in the Scottish Cup, the split of the 52,000 attendance helped clear a chunk of our debt but we then went on a four-game losing streak.

We were never in any real danger of getting pulled into the bottom-two places as we went into the final split-stage of the SPL season. We won something like five of our last six to end on a positive.

Our wage budget is significantly bigger this summer. We're currently at £22k per week after the departures of our loan signings and we can have a max of 40k per week going into the new season.

I'll be looking to bring back a few of those loan signings for next season. Ben Osborne from Nottm Forest became a regular in midfield after struggling initially to find form and a tricky attacking midfielder from Fiorentina, who is surely destined for bigger and better things than Dundee, in particular.

Nick Montgomery also arrived on loan from Central Coast Mariners in Australia and did a sterling job adding some steel to our midfield, and I've already secured him for next season on a Bosman. I'm wondering now though, whether at 33, he can have the same sort of impact again next season.

The rest of the off-season will be spent scouring Europe for gems. Certainly expect to push on next season and aim for top-half finish.

I think I will be leaving Avarta very soon indeed. I have a terrible goalkeeper, a pair of slumping strikers and and a relegation trapdoor creaking open. Apart from Edward Butterhands in goal I'm blaming the rest on B1908 for poaching Ihsan Cimen on the last day of the transfer window.

A few role switches and shuffling of player positioning, and I have my squad playing 4-3-3 nicely. Still invite a lot of pressure, but we're a threat to anyone going forward. The key changes were moving Kingsley Coman from CM to LW, he's a devastating Inside Forward, and switching my CM(A) to AP(A). Battling at the top table early on, but I've only faced one top 10 team, Hull, so far.

Few issues still though. My AP's are 19 & 18 respectively, and quite underdeveloped, hopefully faith now will help them grow quickly. My AMR's I'm not sure of. Playing Raumdeuters, but they're right footed right sided players(would being "wrong footed wingers" like IF's be more suitable?). Some games they dominate, some drift by them. One lad on loan from Madrid got 4 assists in one game which was immense.

I sold my probably best fullback to PSG after the window closed, but 28m lump sum and 25% of next sale couldn't be denied. Really, he's a physical, pacey beast with a good cross, but otherwise unremarkable(was much more of a wingback really), need to find a replacement for January, as for now, my 2nd choice, Bengamin Mendy(picked up on a free this summer) becomes no.1 for the foreseeable.

Handily enough, the USA squad lined up pretty neatly with my club tactic, so I don't need a separate setup like I did with Jamaica, wouldn't mind a creative striker though.

I've drifted back to my Saints save again :rolleyes:

I had a tactical idea in my head to test, but my Brazilian squad has completely the wrong mix of players to test it on :(

That's the exact reason I moved on from my Saints save. Developed a really effective 4-1-4-1 but my Saints team didn't fit, so I started a Spurs save thinking the pace in the squad would be class for breaking from deep.

Worked really well for while then wasn't fully happy with it, so spent too long tinkering with ideas & dropping too many points in the process. Ended up ditching the 4-1-4-1 to go back to the 4-1-2-3wide that I was using at Saints, by that point I was lagging behind the Europa League qualification places. Despite a decent end I was still expecting to be sacked at the end of the season. Before the last game I got a contract offer so thought they'd give me a break and I shot youth in for my last game against Hull as it was a dead rubber, lost 3-2 and got sacked. My new contract lasted all of 4 days!

Restarted with Spurs as I really liked the tactic I finished with, and their youth is really exciting. For that reason I haven't bought many(just Ignazio Abate for 3.1m at RB, Walker out injured and expected Naughton to leave which never happened, plus John Hou Saeter who's probably my favourite player on FM15). Only played 8, won 6 and sitting 4th in the League. I just want to get to next season to be honest! I was excited to build my team from season 2 after I got the ill fated contract last time.

Loving reading BoxToBox's posts here, hope you stick with BPA but definitely sounds like you're out growing them

Cheers! I never leave Bradford or BPA if I'm doing a save with them, I'd start another save first.

Looking good at the moment, club is for sale, and a consortium are giving the eye. Never had anything but an "other member of the board" takeover, would be nice to get a more interesting one that'd help kick the facilities a few notches.

Just had Chelsea away in Dec, crucial 6 pointer. Up 2 nil in 2 minutes and it was over. Got a 3rd later on the break, I think they still don't know what hit them.

Consortium are in negotiations, so the embargo is on, and I forgot to pick up a replacement left back, hopefully it's all sorted before Jan, but I don't expect it.

Missed most of the January transfer window, short a left back, and a centre back(who fussed himself off to Chelsea''s bench).

Consortium came in though, and informed me they were planning no investments. I looked at my finances though, and they were 60m higher, and my budgets were 400kpw and 30m higher than before. In the last week I quickly replaced my left back, he's slower than the last guy, but far more technical and a net gain of 23m, the cb sold for 18, and replaced with an Englishman(I have 5 now, ha) from Arsenal for 10m, and I spent 10m more on a top young Anchorman from Brazil. Few bids for Kingsley Coman came in(including Juve, hahaha), but I suggested terms that made even PSG baulk.

Battling neck and neck with Man Utd for the league, ko'd in the FA Cup by them(before reaching expectations) and the Capital One Cup by Leicester, but motoring away in the Europa, got what looks like some easy draws for the next few rounds.

Season 14 - 2027/2028

Things have been going great until.......

eTxAaZ.jpg

That was our first defeat.

We bounced back well, though it didn't look good for most of the first leg.

vQwlW8.jpg

AcLKmM.jpg

We suffered another league defeat in Matchday 33 losing 1-0 away to Werder Bremen.

That left the table like this.

kwgRbN.jpg

So now we need a miracle in the final round of games.:(

Really gutted that we are going to lose out on the title, yes we have the Champions League final which is obviously great and we

are also in the German Cup final where we face Mainz, but having led the league by 6pts for so long we could end empty handed.

4nn21R.jpg

I'm still enjoying FM'14. I had one long full version save, then started a classic mode save. I loaded all the British Isles nations and took over the team predicted to finish last in Northern Ireland's 3rd division (Belfast Telegraph Championship 2) called Moyola Park. £83/week wage budget. My vague intent was to wander through the various nations, ending in England at some later date.

Struggled to retain my best players, as other teams offered them contracts, but we won back-to-back promotions (and won both leagues) to reach the top flight. Out of the 12 teams in the prem, we finished 6th, 3rd and then 6th. Made the Europa League twice and won various cups within NI. Final wage budget around £3100/week. The fans just would not come. In the last season, I drew around 200 fans/game which was maybe 10% more then my first season in the top division.

After each season, I would try to find a job. I was letting my contract expire (June 30th) in that last season when I finally realized I had to resign, as no teams could afford to pay for me. I thought as I neared the end of the contract, (I was making £425/week, the new offer of: £220/week) the payment they would have to make would become tiny and someone would agree to it, but I was still getting "cannot afford" messages. I moved to Chelmsford City FC in Conference South in England and have well over double the wage budget. I'm just playing out pre-season.

The one thing that really caused me to move away from Moyola Park was that our young players did not improve. I tried to improve the training facilities, but we could not afford it. I managed to save up about £100k just before my final season with the team (partly why my team fell apart and moved down the table) and they still could not pay. I have no idea how much money they would need, or how much it would help, but seeing huge numbers of my players who are said to have vast potential not improve, even stopping at 18 or 19 years old, is just heartbreaking.

Busy end to the season, competing for both the league and the Europa.

Early season, I mostly played my first choice in the league, and second in the Europa, though both groups got time in either. This worked wonderfully, as I had a lead in the league and could rest my starters late on for the Europa.

Man Utd took me to the wire in the league(they had a ridiculous squad this year), looks a comfortable 9 point gap, but they dropped points with some games in hand they had after I'd sealed the title in week 37.

The Europa was relatively straightforward, until I nearly dropped a 3 goal cushion in the 2nd leg of the quarters to BMG. Rewarded with a semi final with, yup. Manchester United...

Home leg first, they dominated me, but I held for 0-0. Second leg at Old Trafford, I knew if I could get a goal, it'd be tricky for them, so I decided to switch to Attacking for the game, and just before half time, I got the breakthrough. Half time switch, narrow, deep, counter, as the onus was now on them to score. A counter on the 53rd minute and Coman running onto a bad backpass in the 55th, and I was winning 0-3. I knew I wasn't conceding 4 goals in half an hour. They did get a late consolation, a beautiful free kick that unfairly went down as an OG for my keeper.

The final against Galatasaray was a relief, if anything, after the semis.

Star player was 6m summer signing Guido Vadalá, lad scored when he wanted, usually hat tricks. Wants his contract upgrading, from 13kpw to 110kpw, which I may be forced into with most of Europe eyeballing him(and half my squad), and a buyout clause of 27m..... He's already worth more than 20, bah.

Problems, despite having 100m in balance, I still can't ask to upgrade training facilities from Dog n' Duck level, though if I want it, a new stadium is no issue. :thup:

I may have to replace my RB. It will likely be the hardest thing I've had to do in a save. I'm usually ruthless with replacing players(the Bill Belichick system, rather replace a year too early than a year too late). This kid is only 20, but has peaked at Championship level. Normally he'd have gone last year, never mid this, but he holds half my clubs records. Youngest player, youngest scorer, most apps. Been with me since the Conference, and has been a key player every season. Most of this season wasn't bad either, but against the very best, he was absolutely found out, may as well not have been on the pitch when against the likes of Januzaj. Perhaps keep him as a backup.... I dunno.

I thought I'd post in this thread after lurking for a while and enjoying some of your updates.

After getting annoyed with player interactions in the full mode I gave Classic mode another go this year and decided to do my career save. Setting up a game with England, Spain, Norway, Belgium and Sweden I embarked on a journey to start unemployed.

First stop was Byrne FK in Norwegian 2nd Tier, with 4 games left they were 3 points adrift of safety, could I be the man to save them from relegation? 1st game saw defeat and looked unlikely. 2nd game I managed to draw and keep within 4 points of safety. Won my final 2 games but unfortunately still got relegated. I resigned and started looking for my next destination.

After a long while Roeselare in the Belgian 2nd Tier came calling, after saving them in my first season from relegation I got a steady mid table in season 2. Considered leaving due to restrictions on players willing to join my club but decided to give it another year. My star MC from season 2 had been poached by Nice so I was left with my back up AMC plugging the gap. This turned out to be inspired propelling Roeselare to a 3rd place finish and a chance at the playoff. Promotion was never on the cards and we finished bottom managing to pick up a draw and a win against Mons. I resigned after most of my 1st team got poached again and decided I could take them no further.

It took a while to get a job I wanted but Oldham came calling sitting 24th in League 1 I thought it was a good challenge. After taking the job I realised they only had 1 CB and 1 long term loan left, so I immediately used that to bring in a young CB from Sunderland. I struggled for consistency but managed to finish 20th saving them from relegation. I started planning my team building for next season but to my surprise I got sacked!

York finally came calling fighting relegation in league 2 I struggled to find a system that worked consistently but managed to put a 5 point cushion between myself and relegation but went and lost 3 in a row and got sacked. This time I felt I deserved it.

To my surprise Tranmere offered me the job at the end of the season having lost in the League 1 playoff final. And this is where my game currently is.

I'm really enjoying classic mode and don't think I'll ever go back to full game again.

Dortmund: Carrying on from my previous update, (at least) 3 more seasons have passed with Bundesliga won in all seasons. I finally managed to break my duck in the German Cup and have now won it 3 times on the bounce! Easy. Claudio Djair, my incredible Brazilian regen has won World Player of the Year for a 5th time, 4th in a row. The most frustrating part is that he's only once managed 30 games in a season, so injury prone but so good. :( He's got over 40 League goals in 3 of those seasons and is closing in on the all time Dortmund top scorer.

Champions League has been good, winning the title a further 2 times and reaching the semi finals of the other, PSG are and always have been my Champions League bogey team. 6 losses to them in the knockout stages and 1 win (have beaten them in group games).

I'm now only a few months away from the opening of my stadium, but I feel I've gone as far as I can with the team. Only 1 remaining "real" player, who will surely be retiring soon and the once golden generation of German Youth now approaching their 30's.

England: As a side project I took over the England job, obviously put in my 2 Dortmund players to the squad as captain and vice-captain and using the same 3-5-2 formation that has been so successful. We love scoring goals and have demolished sides like Italy and Turkey at home, but struggle away even at some of the weaker nations. But qualifying for the Spain 2030 World Cup was easy and only dropped points away at Turkey prevented us from a 100% record.

Our World Cup group looked pretty straightforward: USA, Iran and Ivory Coast. Apart from the fact that USA were reigning World Champions and ranked above us in the World Rankings. But we won the group fairly easily and USA were eliminated on goal difference to Iran (ha!). Now things got fun. We won the next 3 games in style, last 16 win against Chile 4-0, Quarter Final win against Spain 3-1 and then a demolition of Netherlands 7-1 (familiar semi-final score line ;) ). The final was just as easy, with a 4-1 win over Germany, winning the World Cup at the first attempt and Englands first in over 60 years.

Since the World Cup things haven't got so smoothly and have slipped down the rankings a bit, but only 1 competitive defeat means there is still optimism.

Toronto FC: Originally after my run in Germany I was going to head to America and MLS. But I got too attached to Dortmund and found it too hard to leave! So I have created a new Manager and have taken over Toronto FC. I've loaned one of my Dortmund youngsters to this team for some game time as he was not good enough to break in to the squad yet, but needed to play. Financially Toronto are pretty good and make a profit most months, but aren't particularly well stocked in the attacking department. This showed early on as we drew 5 of the first 7 games. I then managed to "poach" another youth player from Dortmund (who was never going to be good enough for the team) who has started banging them in, but more importantly has got the rest of the team scoring! With about 20 games played we are currently 2nd and should get into the play-offs easily.

--

I'll probably only stay a couple more seasons on this save as I'm already getting itchy fingers to try some other challenges.

I tried a couple, but they are too expensive or rejected me. Even with all my success at Dortmund my transfer funds stay at around 20-30m per season, can't get any of good England players for ccheaper than that. The 2 England players at my club I brought it when they were 17, so that's my only chance really.

Also, thinking of spending 30m cash on a right back. Madness, but I'm pretty happy with every other area of the pitch, and have plenty to spend.

The only time I've spent more than £20m on a player was £40.5m on a right back :cool: retrained as right wing back. Had him on loan for 1 season first and he was incredible, but Juventus needed some persuasion to sell him to me.

I guess I'm lucky that America isn't considered top tier.

I picked up a youngster for a few mil from LA, America's greatest prospect, really, and I got Diego Fagundez(very underrated in game, IMHO, sadly), for 450k, who should be a brilliant rotation player(first choice AMR for my USA squad). Natural AMC, Accomplished at AML/AMR/ST/MC and Competent at ML and MR.

Also, Benfica accepted the buyout clause for that fullback in instalments and addons, only hits my budget for 16m. Tidy!

Toronto FC: Originally after my run in Germany I was going to head to America and MLS. But I got too attached to Dortmund and found it too hard to leave! So I have created a new Manager and have taken over Toronto FC. I've loaned one of my Dortmund youngsters to this team for some game time...

I've thought about doing something similar to this for improving youth, take over a lower Championship club and use them as a Premiership B-Team but didn't know if it'd be time consuming and pointless, since a lot of the good youth players usually get picked up by Championship clubs on loan with a first team status. Would be good to do it with the 'B-Team' playing the same tacitcs as the Prem team though.

My Spurs save is ticking over, still wishing away the days to get to the end of the first season. 5th in the league in January and still in Europa / FA / Capital One without a real solid forward. Soldado is my top scorer but my team suffers when he plays, Kane has decent assists but wasn't scoring enough so brought in Ings for £1.5m who was really good on my last save. Loaned Kane out to Forest to improve and hopefully can offload Soldado before 2nd season.

That kind of B team idea isn't bad, more than gametime, you're still in control of their development.

I'm after loaning a 20 year old striker out to Sheff U, now in the Championship, just because he's too good for my reserves, and I have too many strikers to give them all gametime. Dreading it though, his development could stall, or go in a way I'm not too pleased about. Lad has massive potential too.

Board expectations skyrocketed. Expect semis in both cups, get out of the group in the CL, and challenge for the Premiership.

Ended up spending a tonne or cash though, that 26(and addons)m rb(from Benfica), added Bryan Cristante for another 30(again Benfica), as I needed a first team ready playmaker(at European level), a 25m Mexican regen CB from Genoa, had to replace Mendy, as Real Madrid came in so got a top young LB from Ajax for 16m. Other than that, I picked up a few prospects, including a regen Argentine striker who looks startlingly similar to how Vadalá looked when I signed him, but with lower vision. In the end talked Vadalá down to a reasonable 70kpw.

Star signing so far, though Diego Fagundez, 450k, and excels in any position further forward than my DM slot, and the same for the USA, just having scored a brace, and an assist in a 5-0 humbling of Mexico. The USA's greatest result(by a goal) against their greatest rival.

My first season at Tranmere hasn't got off to the best of starts, losing 2 and drawing 2 in the league and getting knocked out the Capital 1 cup and Johnstones Paint Trophy.

However, having changed my system to an unothodox 442 (Defensive forward and a shadow striker) I've been rewarded with a credible draw against a good Derby side (Relegated from Championship) followed by a 4 match winning run to make top spot a meagre 4 points away after 9 games.

Archived