FMC15 Save Updates Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brief history of my save:

3 Full Seasons at HJK Helsinki (3 League Titles, 2 Finnish Cups & Group stage of Champions League 3 times).

1 Full Season at Recreativo (Spanish 3rd Division), left in second season 2nd in Liga Adelante with 10 games to go.

2 Full Seasons at Atletico Madrid (3rd both times).

I then left for Dortmund and have been there 8 Full Seasons, winning 7 League Titles, 1 Europa League (they finished 5th the season I took over) and 2 Champions Cups.

Amazingly despite dominating the League, I've only reached the German Cup final once, which I lost....

I plan on being here until I reach 10 seasons and will maybe move to the BPL next, but am tempted by the US. Have also taken over the England Squad and have won all 3 of my games so far (including a 7-1 win over Italy).

and arrange a permanent transfer of a CB I had on loan from Huddersfield, has leading Championship potential, so surprised he agreed terms to drop to League 2, played in the Conference last season with me for a while too.

This makes a lot more sense now, he's on loan from Hartlepool, who are also in League 2, and currently in a relegation spot. Never paid attention when I first loaned him, heh, late nigh FM...

OMG!!!! this gameee are brokn!!! 6 clear cut chances and I only drew......this is so unrealistic...would never happen IRL. 48 Shots!!!!

Nicely done btw :)

Cheers! Was freaking nerve-racking.

My save kind of ground to a halt when I followed my tradition (for that save) of resigning at the end of each season.

I thought that my Continental reputation in Oceania might have carried some weight in South America, but barring some interest from a team in Peru who were actually far smaller than Melbourne City, I'm not getting any luck with applying for jobs in Argentina or Brazil :(

As such, I might just lift all my posts from the GPTG section in the Southampton thread into a "new" Careers thread and pick that save up again, as I have an awesome side :cool:

Brief history of my save:

3 Full Seasons at HJK Helsinki (3 League Titles, 2 Finnish Cups & Group stage of Champions League 3 times).

1 Full Season at Recreativo (Spanish 3rd Division), left in second season 2nd in Liga Adelante with 10 games to go.

2 Full Seasons at Atletico Madrid (3rd both times).

I then left for Dortmund and have been there 8 Full Seasons, winning 7 League Titles, 1 Europa League (they finished 5th the season I took over) and 2 Champions Cups.

Amazingly despite dominating the League, I've only reached the German Cup final once, which I lost....

I plan on being here until I reach 10 seasons and will maybe move to the BPL next, but am tempted by the US. Have also taken over the England Squad and have won all 3 of my games so far (including a 7-1 win over Italy).

Nice to see someone else has started out in Finland - HJK have had some cracking young players come through. With my board not allowing to improve our facilities, I have pinched the best of them to great effect.

A mini update - just managed to win the Finnish League Cup for the 5th time in a row (the competition runs from January-March). Finished with a record of 8 wins and one draw, scoring 23, conceding 3.

Following my last update, I have also managed to grab myself an opportunity to manage at the World Cup in 2022 - Ghana sacked their manager after qualifying for the tournament. The squad is old (13 of my provisional 23 are over the age of 30) so they are just about to drop off a cliff in terms of quality. Just hoping to squeeze the last life out of their legs. Drawn in the same group as Brazil, Iran and Romania, so hopefully going to get to the latter stages. Depending on how it goes, I may just stay it out for the African Nations Cup in 2023.

Just had a crazy game, 10 seconds in my DM hacks down a player and gets red, hold on, even take the lead. 60 minutes in, my striker drops, torn calf muscle, 5 months out. Luckily, it wasn't Maguire, but my 2nd striker, unluckily, I forgot to put Maguire on the bench, and had to finish the match in a 5-4-0 formation.

I've added my Saints save details onto my aborted (temporarily, perhaps) Instant Result save.

If you are bored and didn't read it when it was in the GPTG section, it might be vaguely interesting:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/417386-FMC-FM15-Out-of-the-comfort-zone(s)-and-then-straight-back-in!

I'm sure it'll be very interesting, have to sit down and read the entire thread later.

• Administrators

Some interesting saves here, keep it coming :)

Into what will likely be my final season at NYCFC. Lost the MLS Cup final in my second season there. Still managing USA at this point and have the 2026 World Cup to look forward to (my second WC in charge of Team America), I'll probably resign from the USA job after that tournament.

Mid January in my 3rd season with Bradford Park Avenue, and things are going well. Probably *too* well.

Looking pretty safe for a 3rd successive promotion. I'm actually [slt] about this, as the club is running up the leagues, on little coin, and will outgrow the facilities. Below Average & Basic, with Limited Recruitment & Basic Coaching.

I had a lucky run in the FA Cup, picking up Conference opponents all the way to the 3rd round, where I landed Newcastle away. I was delighted with this, as I expected a heavy payday from a club that had top 5 attendances in the PL. Worked out around 200k sadly(22k crowd), but I played a defensive 5-2-1-2, and earned a 0-0 draw. The shocker was when I brought them to Horsfall, went for it and gave them a bloody nose. 2-0 win, and next up is Arsenal at the Emirates. If FM 14 is anything to go by, that should be a massive earner.

Wow :eek:

That's a serious scalp in the FA Cup.

Needless to say I was absolutely delighted. Tried the same approach with Arsenal, and lost 2-1, 93rd minute Welbeck heartbreaker.

Actually disappointed with the money, though! I'm not sure exactly what I had before the first Newcastle game, but what I've worked out is, I got at most 150k from Newcastle(probably closer to 100k), I got 80k at home, and 70k from TV coverage. The Arsenal game made me 231k. In FM14, away at Arsenal was worth well over a million, maybe 1.5m, Man Utd in the 2-2.5m bracket, IIRC.

Still, club have 650k in the bank, so we're financially secure.

Some cracking games going on in here. Kudos to BoxtoBox for his moves up the leagues, and your cup defeats.

A mini update from me - just managed to do the world cup with Ghana. A comfortable win against Romania, followed by an unlucky defeat to Brazil, and a tight win against Iran, meant we met expectations of qualifying for the second stage. The luck of the draw saw us come up against Germany (2nd in the World Rankings) and I had no chance of getting any further. We did ourselves proud by going out 2-0. The tournament was eventually won by Italy, beating Argentina on penalties. England lost to eventual winners Italy in the Quarter Finals.

Still contemplating holding out for the next AFCON, and see where I can take them. Might be quite the challenge, depending on how much of the old guard retire.

Some cracking games going on in here. Kudos to BoxtoBox for his moves up the leagues, and your cup defeats.

A mini update from me - just managed to do the world cup with Ghana. A comfortable win against Romania, followed by an unlucky defeat to Brazil, and a tight win against Iran, meant we met expectations of qualifying for the second stage. The luck of the draw saw us come up against Germany (2nd in the World Rankings) and I had no chance of getting any further. We did ourselves proud by going out 2-0. The tournament was eventually won by Italy, beating Argentina on penalties. England lost to eventual winners Italy in the Quarter Finals.

Still contemplating holding out for the next AFCON, and see where I can take them. Might be quite the challenge, depending on how much of the old guard retire.

Hard luck with drawing Germany!

Smashed it. Took the league with 3 games to spare.

Given 120k and 14kpw to spend next summer. Not too fussed as I don't need much(lot of my key players are 17-20, and more under 23 with room to grow) as I mostly need a pair of back up wingers, and maybe a mid or two if acceptable ones crop up.

About 10 job offers have rolled in, mostly teams relegated from League One, or already in League 2.

A pair of weird ones though, GFC Ajaccio, a team yo-yoing from the French 2nd and 3rd divisions, in this case just relegated from Ligue 2. The other was Sevilla's B team, in the Segunda B4 division.

Did you know that Ytterby has an element of the periodic table named after it?

Ha Ha I did not know that (though I know the element). I suppose I should have realised: there aren't many words in the world starting Ytt!

"The board are disappointed about the departure of Robin Eriksson" (He refused a new contract)

Solution? Sign another guy called Robin Eriksson!

Nicely done BoxToBox with the FA cup.

Wow, Spiral, I didn't even know that you can get a stadium named after you. Shows that the maximum amount of seasons I managed since FM11 was 3. :(

So far in FM15 I managed to complete one full season with a team - and that was of course with FMC. I have unfortunately about 10 saves floating around and have, of course, put my Kaiserslautern save on hold for the moment because I kept seeing all those players out there who I can't get ... Yet.

So, I started yet another,save, good thing FMC lets you get into it quickly. Quick new hiring of a DOF, HOYD, ASM, Chief Scout... Yes, I left the physio :) and some instant resulting through pre-season. Play for the win 3+:0 while Go for a big win always resulted in a 1:0 but its pre-season and instant results (shrug).

My current save, and hopefully one that will see me do at least a season is with VFB Stuttgart. Great first team squad. Underachieving in the league and one of the best youth developers in the country.

Right away I angered the fans by selling Harnik to Villareal for €7mn (a bit low but I needed cash). He had great physicals but not really that great compared to what,I have and one of the highest earners. With that money I was now able to pay the release fee for Timo Horn from Köln and send Ulreich the other way. Also brought in Andre Hanssen from Odd as a backup GK and should now be set for the next 15 years in that position (however Horn has a €50mn release clause which I couldn't get rid of).

Other than that I sent Moritz Leitner back to Dortmund and terminated the loan - I have plenty of youngsters in my team that can step up. I brought in Clemens from Schalke on loan for the AMR/MR position to replace Harnik. Now with him and Sararer things should be fine. Next season Marco Roja comes back from loan and this position should be set as well.

I also would have sold Abdellaoue but he's injured for 4months so have to wait till the winter transfer window.

Currently, playing my 4-3-3 (DM, Wingers) with the following squad:

GK: HORN, HANSSEN, VLADIM.

FBL: RAUSCH, RATHGEB

CDL: NIEDERMEIER, HAGGUI

CDR: RÜDIGER, SCHWAAB

FBR: SAKAI, KLEIN

DM: GENTNER, HOLZHAUSER, YALCIN

CML: ROMEU, GRUEZO

CMR: MAXIM, DIDAVI

AML: KOSTIC, HLOUSEK

AMR: SARARER, CLEMENS

ST: IBISEVIC, WERNER, GINCZEK

I've accelerated my "newgen only squad" plans, which were originally set for the end of season nine, but now look set to be realised a season and a half early, if I can find a replacement for Luke Shaw.

Also throwing some more tactical changes into the mix, so thoroughly enjoying changes and ongoing success in season eight with Southampton.

Odd situation, got offered the job to manage Jamaica. Tasked to reach the 4th round of the World Cup qualifiers.

They're already in this round, and sit in 3rd, with a pretty good chance of qualifying for the World Cup. Not a bad side gig, even if I do get smashed at the WC, squad is pretty rough, to be honest.

October and all is well enough.

Jamaica, earned a World Cup spot after a surprising 3-1 dismantling of Mexico. Need to try and poach a bunch of the English/Jamaicans around the UK who aren't good enough for the England setup, who should be far superior to my current squad of English/Jamaicans who aren't good enough for the England setup.

Bradford Park Avenue, I sit in 7th, with mixed results after changing permanently to 5-2-1-2, but I'm only 4 points short of 1st. I attribute this to the unlikely deadline day signing of free agent goalkeeper Kadú who's honestly far too good for my squad(will struggle to keep him, doubtless) and Sean Maguire who's scoring at a goal per game rate, so far.

EDIT: Another surprise 3-0 win over USA, takes my Jamaica tally to 4 wins in 4, and won the WC qualifier group.

Russia seem very low?

I'd be happy; you can certainly aim for progression to the knock outs - good luck.

They took some beatings in the Confed. Cup and ended dead last in their group. What's weirder is Bolivia are 11th.

Cheers, here's hoping!

Since slumping to our (Dundee) heavy defeat to rivals Dundee United and resorting to back-to-basics with our tactical set-up and approach, we've made some quite impressive progress!

From being winless and bottom of the table after 14 games, we've since won eight of our last ten games and have climbed to eighth. My young winger has won the Young Player of the Month award for three consecutive seasons, while I've also just landed my first Manager of the Month award.

Back to back matches against Celtic, with a Scottish Cup quarter-final tie at Parkhead, are certain to end our decent run of results but we're definitely progressing nicely and I'm pretty glad I didn't resign, as I was very close to doing so at one point.

Scouring the Dutch lower leagues right now for Bosman signings for next season, already got a few decent targets lined up.

Things are going well in my save, half way through Feb. 2018.

For Jamaica, I've successfully called up Liam Moore, who should be a fine player for us.

Bradford Park Avenue move from strength to strength. Battling with Bolton for the League One title, but a single slip will have me fade away. I managed to pick up a handful of smashing young players on free transfers, and one young Jamaican/English lad from my NT that I paid 450 bucks for. Ended up selling my top prospect, to Porto, but he was well replaced in the squad, and I couldn't say no to £5m straight up. Oddly enough, some of my players are already Premiership quality, and quite a few leading Championship, so my squad is well strengthened. Not sure what I'll do without Kadú though, 1.5 years left, and he has not interest in extending his contract, reckons my squad isn't strong enough.

I've reached the 6th round of the FA Cup! Not as impressive as last seasons showing though, the 'ardest team I faced so far was a fellow League One side. The dream is booked to end in March with a trip to Old Trafford.

Took the league with 3 games to go, and thankfully after that game, Kadúwas open to contract talks, got him up to 3 years and a 15m release that no sane club should hit.

Club gave me 9m to spend, quite a touch nicer than my usual budgets of 1-200k.

Also took the Johnstons Paint Trophy, which was nice.

Real life got into way of writing down the progress of my Deportivo career so I only have the time to actually play it.

In the second season I was languishing between 8th-10th place for the most part, but a storming finish to the season saw us finish 4th!

I knocked out Viktoria Plzen off CL Best Placed playoff and got Bayern, PSG and CSKA M. in the group. Well, f*ck.

I got in some newgen youngsters on whom I plan to build for the future. I could probably keep myself on 3rd-6th position for a long time, but if I ever want to win the title, I need the big guns at some point. Real M. and Barcelona always have an insane point tally and you just can't keep up without world class players, who I'll never be able to afford so I'm forced to produce them.

I had a save with Stoke and winning PL was a lot easier than what La Liga seems. The money is in abundance and the big guys lose points often enough so it's easier to catch up.

Had a magical, but ultimately gutting World Cup.

Faced my weakest opposition first, Greece, already knowing the other group game was 1-1, and won handily, 2-0, Dwight Gayle notably with a 30 yard screamer free kick.

Next had Russia, and absolutely smashed them, 5-1, Ghana beating Greece. This meant I had confirmed qualification before the toughest team in my group.

Lastly, against Ghana, I played every player who hadn't played yet(likely never get to play in the World Cup again, so they all deserved a pop), a creditable 1-1 draw, and won the group.

Next round I drew Croatia, 18 minutes in, their CB yanks Gayle down in the box, red and peno. Defend sturdily for the rest of the time, including 2-3 minutes past added time.

France in the Quarter Finals. They dominated early, and score on 19. Figuring I had nothing to loose, I switched to attacking, and tweaked my formation. My holding mid launched one from 30 yards, off the post, off Llors's backside, in. Now we're in the mix, creating chances. Martial dives in the box, peno given. 1-2. Next, offside goal given off a free kick, 1-3. Instant reply, Gayle makes it 2-3, 70 minutes. They score off another set piece, 83 minutes in, 2-4. A battering we surprisingly didn't deserve.

Probably going to resign now.

I'm about to liven up my Saints save. Have had another dominant season and with an average age of 21, the squad is set to remain competitive for the future.

As such, I'm going to create a "Save As" save from that save (I can't desert my boys completely!) and start at a lower level elsewhere. I'm not sure if my World Class reputation will actually be prohibitive in that respect, we'll see.

Adding:

Argentine 2nd Div

Brazilian 2nd Div

Chile 1 & 2

Colombia 1 & 2

England League 1 & 2

Peru

Scotland to League 2

Uruguay 1 & 2

Removing:

France

Germany

Holland

Italy

Spain

Just completed the ninth year of my ten year challenge with Ilves in Finland. Managed to break all records and win the league with 88 points from a possible 99, with only one defeat on the first game of the season. That means we have won five titles in a row, and are cemented as the best team in Finland. We also won the League Cup for the fifth year in a row, but again went out in the quarter finals of the Finnish Cup to the same team as last year(FC Inter Turku). We have £22m in the bank, after coming through the group stages of the champions league for the first time, with a group of Chelsea, Benfica and Celtic. A big highlight was beating Celtic 6-1 along the way. We have drawn Liverpool in the next round, who are sitting 5th in the European Co-efficients, so I can see this being the end of the road.

In international management, I managed Ghana to the African Nations Cup with a 100% record in the qualifying group. However, we have been drawn in the "group of death" with the Ivory Coast, Morocco and Senegal. The FA want us to reach the final, which tells the quality we have in the squad. I will be leaving the post after the tournament, but an international win will really end my ten year game on a high!

Just out of interest, has any one of you played in Croatia?

It seems to me only us Croats actually play there. I imagine the same goes for a lot of other small countries available in FM.

I did my ten year stint in Croatia on FM14 with Zagreb, as they were in the second division with a pretty awesome setup. Its a fun league to play in

FP4sp5t.png

After all this time on the game, this was perhaps the easiest international tournament I have undertaken. After undertaking three wins from the "group of death" and losing three of our most important first team starters (Kwado Asamoah, Andre Ayew and Jordan Ayew), 20 goals and 2 conceded in six games makes it look as easy as it was. Was pretty happy to see the Ivory Coast get to the final after beating them 7-1 in the group stages. The final was not as emphatic in score line, but perhaps the most dominant I've been in.

As this is my last year of the save, I ultimately resigned from my position to concentrate on Ilves.

Archived