FM15: Aston Villa F.C. - Building around Benteke!

Spike

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Guys! Started my Aston Villa save today after reading this thread. Villa is definitely a big challange this season.

I have taken some advise from you guys reguarding player logistics in the first window:

Transfers out:

D.Bent £1m

C.N'Zogbia £2.5m

A.Green £475k

Transfers Inn:

D.Alli £4m

J.Campbell loan

In addition to this I have changed the entire back room staff, exept Keane, and U21/U18 managers.

So 3 Matches into the season and things are looking very bright.

Results so far:

Aston Villa - Chelsea: 3-0

Aston Villa - Man City: 2-1

Brighton - Aston Villa: 0-1 (LC)

Aston Villa - West Ham: 3-0

Well, the season is finally complete. It could have been much better, but 11th was no disgrace.

69326f21-997b-481a-a339-8591dea70f04_zpsadd1f8ae.png

After the tweaking my tactic to be a bit more solid defensively we went on a 6 game unbeaten run (W4, D2, F10, A3). At that point I thought maybe I'd cracked it, but then only 1 point from the last 5 games (D1, L4, F3, A9) has made me rethink.

The best players throughout the season were;

Okore - 38 games, 3 goals, 4 PoM, 7.26 average rating

Benteke - 30(1) games, 16 goals, 6 assists, 3 PoM, 7.21

Richardson - 34(2) games, 7 goals, 8 assists, 4 PoM, 7.21

Dockal - 30 games, 11 goals, 7 assists, 3 PoM, 7.17

Grealish - 26(7) games, 6 goals, 10 assists, 7.07

The new owners have already started work on upgrading the Youth Facilities.

Just waiting to find out how much money I get to spend now.

Hi, Guys! Started my Aston Villa save today after reading this thread. Villa is definitely a big challange this season.

I have taken some advise from you guys reguarding player logistics in the first window:

Transfers out:

D.Bent £1m

C.N'Zogbia £2.5m

A.Green £475k

Transfers Inn:

D.Alli £4m

J.Campbell loan

In addition to this I have changed the entire back room staff, exept Keane, and U21/U18 managers.

So 3 Matches into the season and things are looking very bright.

Results so far:

Aston Villa - Chelsea: 3-0

Aston Villa - Man City: 2-1

Brighton - Aston Villa: 0-1 (LC)

Aston Villa - West Ham: 3-0

Welcome liamboye :thup:

Great start!

Thanks, Spike!

I'm happy to make a strong start to the season, but I think it will be a long and difficult 1st season. In the end I would be very pleased to copy that 11th place:)

Guess you are excited about the new season with new owners and Bakkali joining.

Looking forward to see how you progress.

Any tips on the 1st season squad? Have you played anyone from the U21/U18 with any success? I'm desperate for some cover at DM, but my only solution so far is to re-train Clark, and that is for emergency use only :p

This is interesting. Having a massive clear out and so far offloaded Gabby (£2m), Bennett (£1.2m), Clark (£1.55m) & Kozak (£2.4m) all to Nottingham Forest :D

EDIT: They have now made a £1.5m for Tonev too lol

My squad overhaul is completed in readiness for the second season;

30393931-dad3-4ade-9944-795a5fa9bfb6_zps5f20db4a.png

Will Hughes has been brought in to replace Tom Cleverley as the starting Advanced Playmaker, while the rest of the signings have been brought in for the future (will use them in cup games too).

This is interesting. Having a massive clear out and so far offloaded Gabby (£2m), Bennett (£1.2m), Clark (£1.55m) & Kozak (£2.4m) all to Nottingham Forest :D

EDIT: They have now made a £1.5m for Tonev too lol

Not Gabby!!

Nice work overall though - especially on keeping Benteke! Good transfers in too. Looks like it should be an exciting second season for you.

What shape are you planning to play?

Not Gabby!!

TBH he barely played for me in the first season and demanded a transfer unless I guaranteed him first team football.

Nice work overall though - especially on keeping Benteke! Good transfers in too. Looks like it should be an exciting second season for you.

I was really pleased to keep Benteke, even if it did mean giving him a large wage increase.

What shape are you planning to play?

4-2-1-2-1, with a DM and DLP sat in front of the back 4, an AP in the centre of midfield, 2 wingers and a F9 up front.

Couple more transfers to update from my summer.

For the right back position, we went with Kieran Trippier in the end. 3.5 million plus some clauses from relegated Burnley did it. He will compete with Lowton for that starting spot.

I also splashed a bit of cash on Patrick Roberts from Fulham, a structured 8 million deal plus % profit of next sale. He's 18, English, seems very talented, and tore up the Championship last year in my game with 15+ on goals and assists each. On the downside, bit worried about his single digit determination & decisions. Hopefully I can have him tutored by someone and bring those stats up. But I am quite excited about this one. The plan was initially for Jordan Graham or Callum Robinson to cover on the wings, so I will now probably be letting them out on loan again.

Have played a few friendlies and am also trialing a more attacking 4-2-3-1 shape, basically moving the DM to AM spot, which I could use for home games where I want to attack from the off. Will keep the 4-1-2-2-1 shape that served me well last year for away games though.

Wow. I'm a bit surprised you let gabby leave, but I understand the argument. Who are currently your wide men?

Grealish on the left & Borek Dockal on the right. Got Kieran Richardson, Zakaria Bakkali & Andi Weimman as back up. Also got a young Finnish guy, Petri Forsell (or something like that lol).

Good evening to you all. Spike - I really how your save is going. Solid first season, and some cash to spend over the summer to hopefully see you finish higher than last season. I can't help but feel that I tinkered with my squad a bit too much over the summer (time will tell). 9 players in and 11 players out the door (not including youngsters.

Definitely going to take to gel this little lot together. Very young team as well so there is bound to be some inconsistency. We only have 2 players age 30 (Vlaar and Guzan).

I'm still in the EURO Cup qualifiers. Just beat BMG from Germany 1-0 at my place in the first leg. 2nd leg is 2 days before my first league game!!! BRILLIANT

Nice spike :thup:

Welcome Liamboye :thup: How are you getting on?

Nice win over BMG Heartandgroin!

I'm still in pre-season, bent has gone but that's it for now. A lot more of the youth players are going to get a chance this time.

What youth players are you hoping to develop over the coming season? Grealish, Robinson and Webb spring to mind.

What youth players are you hoping to develop over the coming season? Grealish, Robinson and Webb spring to mind.

Jack Grealish was a regular starter in my first season. He played very well & has really developed in such a short space of time.

Top Tip - Never allow your 9 yr old son access to FM15 with the promise he can have a save game in FMC. He decided to delete all save games currently on file! Are they backed up anywhere?

If not he should consider himself lucky it's only 1 season of hard work down the pan! If it had been 10........:mad:

So after it appears i have no hope of retrieving my saved game, its back to the start we go! Trying to do things differently this time to get the best out of the players i have at my disposal.

Same as before, complete over haul of the scouts and coaches.

Players out

N'Zogbia - Palace 4.5mill

Bent - Burnley - 1 mill

Delph -Soton 7.5 mill

Vlaar - Spurs 8 mill

Players in

Suso - on loan from Liverpool.

Eder Balanta - 7.5mill from River

Lucas Romero - 7.5mill from Velez

Training Grealish as a MC as I am going for a 4-3-3 formation this season. Benteke (when fit), in the middle with Gabby and Weimann running off him. Robinson and Graham are going to be given game time to prove themselves.

Lets go again!

So after it appears i have no hope of retrieving my saved game, its back to the start we go! Trying to do things differently this time to get the best out of the players i have at my disposal.

Same as before, complete over haul of the scouts and coaches.

Players out

N'Zogbia - Palace 4.5mill

Bent - Burnley - 1 mill

Delph -Soton 7.5 mill

Vlaar - Spurs 8 mill

Players in

Suso - on loan from Liverpool.

Eder Balanta - 7.5mill from River

Lucas Romero - 7.5mill from Velez

Training Grealish as a MC as I am going for a 4-3-3 formation this season. Benteke (when fit), in the middle with Gabby and Weimann running off him. Robinson and Graham are going to be given game time to prove themselves.

Lets go again!

Suggest you tie up Benteke on a long term contract if you can before Spurs start sniffing around :thup:

After a great pre-season, we started with a 3-3 draw at home to newly promoted 10 man Norwich. Literally some of the worst defending I have seen from my team. Of course, we had about 30 shots to their 5, and hit the woodwork repeatedly. Guzan also decided to gift them the first goal by spilling a cross.

Vlaar is injured for 5 weeks, and the defense was all over the shop. I don't think Okore has the same commanding presence, and Baker next to him was a liability. Our captain cannot come back soon enough.

Apart from Vlaar, I also have Gudelj, Morrison, Roberts, and Agbonlahor out injured. Happy days.

My defense sucks big time without Vlaar !!

I don't think I can have Clark and Baker as my only squad players. Need a third solid center half.

It's deadline day and I've just had an 18 million bid accepted for Steven Caulker. Would you? This would empty my transfer budget fully.

I don't think I can have Clark and Baker as my only squad players. Need a third solid center half.

It's deadline day and I've just had an 18 million bid accepted for Steven Caulker. Would you? This would empty my transfer budget fully.

Sounds a bit pricey to me tbh

God no. That's pricey as.

Little update on my save

I currently sit 8th with 7 games to go.

Transfers Out

Bacuna 7m (C Palace)

Bent 1.4m (Burnley)

N'Zogbia 7m (Southampton)

Lowton 2.1m (Hull)

In

Balanta 6m

Felipe Anderson (loan)

Romero 6m

Campbell (loan)

Degan (loan)

Finances are killing me though - only get 10% of anything i make from sales. Really could do with a decent take over!

Have made the club a nice profit so far combined I have got £60million for Delph,Benteke and Vlaar all from Tottenham and brought Donacien,Robinson and Johnson up to replace them.

Currently 11th in the league having spent no money and made £72million from sales so far, but still only get 10% from sales :(

Finished 12th in the end. Benteke went off form and I never really had anyone to step up and despite dominating games i really struggled to score goals. On top of that my first and second choice left backs ended up on the injury list long term meaning I had to rely on Enda Stevens.

I failed to win a game in my final 12 games scoring 9 (non in the last 4) and conceding 25.

Sorry lads been busy with work this week, however i shall be making progress on this on the weekend!

Nice signing in John Stones there karanhsingh :thup:

@heartandgroin - Gutted about your lost save, but like me you can have a fresh start now!

@Spike - i agree, this thread has taken off big time and it's enjoyable to read how everyone is doing.

@avillafan.com - unlucky on the finish mate, can't be as bad as my winless run from 1/1/2015 to the end of the season that i suffered in my first villa attempt haha.

Right, i'm still in pre-season, still Bent the only outgoing. Looking to bring in a midfielder of some sort, probably on loan to add depth.

I am in pre-season for season 2.

Have around 10m to spend. About to sign Peruzzi to replace Hutton at right back.

Need some decent cheap prospects for DC - Two if possible to offer competition/cover for Okore and Balanta.

Just signed this guy for £4.7m at start of season 2;

EmanuelMammana_OverviewProfile_zps8434ad38.png

Archived