FM15: Aston Villa F.C. - Building around Benteke!

Spike

Starting XI is as follows:

GK - Leali

CB - Vlaar & Okore

WBR - Peruzzi

WBL - Davies

BBM - Delph

DLP - Hughes

RPM - Alli

Raum ® -Dockal

In For (L) - Grealish

F9 - Mitrovic

Its a very young team, but we have some seniority within the squad for when times get tough.

Beat Hull 5-3 lol...Defence was poor, but they are still learning to play alongside each other. Mitrovic bagged a brace and was everywhere. Fingers crossed that continues.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starting XI is as follows:

GK - Leali

CB - Vlaar & Okore

WBR - Peruzzi

WBL - Davies

BBM - Delph

DLP - Hughes

RPM - Alli

Raum ® -Dockal

In For (L) - Grealish

F9 - Mitrovic

Its a very young team, but we have some seniority within the squad for when times get tough.

Beat Hull 5-3 lol...Defence was poor, but they are still learning to play alongside each other. Mitrovic bagged a brace and was everywhere. Fingers crossed that continues.

Nice one! It's also a very attacking formation though with wing-backs and no DM. So I guess scorelines like that may happen now & then :)

Only played a few games tonight.

Beat Newcastle 3-0 and then players went on international break and Benteke comes back with an injury which rules him out for a month.

Next up is QPR to which I lose 2-1 despite having 26 shots on goal to their 4. Once i get some cash from sales or if a takeover ever happens then I need to bring someone in who can step up for Benteke. I thought Helenius might be able to due to his pre-season form but he just isnt good enough. Simple as that.

So for the first time in 3 seasons in this Villa save I've managed to get Benteke scoring and in good form with 15 in 15 but surprise I'm in December teams like Juventus, Roma, Chelsea, Dortmund etc are showing interest and his goals and performances have dried up. Sadly he's got a release clause of 15.5mil his agent put it in the last contract he signed with me thought I'd be able to squeeze 20mil at least should I have sold him

Been looking for a top flight team to build with and Villa seem the perfect choice.. a decent base to build on with some very saleable assets too ...

Die hard Villa fans look away now though as I'm probably going to mix the squad up a lot :).

Can anyone tell me about Andre Green? he worth it?

Been looking for a top flight team to build with and Villa seem the perfect choice.. a decent base to build on with some very saleable assets too ...

Die hard Villa fans look away now though as I'm probably going to mix the squad up a lot :).

Could be a decent player - I have just started my second season and he is currently on loan at Northampton..

image.jpg

Welcome to the thread...Andre Green was a 5 star potential when I first started my save. Second season he has dropped to a 3.5 star and is currently on loan in League 1, but keeps getting injured.

As I die hard Villa fan I applaud you for mixing the squad up. I attempted that at the first time of asking selling Guzan, Vlaar, Delph, Bent, Zoggy, Gabby and Weimann. Too much too soon, and started again going down a different root.

image.jpg

Takeover finally complete! After 6 failed attempts.

Phil Gartside though? What the hell did i do wrong?

He has given me £18.25 million to spend though - just need to get through to January now. Cant seem to get a run of wins yet - desperatly missing Benteke as Helenius and Kozak are completely useless! Also seem to be getting spanked by bigger clubs. Conceded 6 to both Arsenal and Chelsea plus 4 to Man City this season!

IF i still have a job come January I need a backup/potential replacement for Benteke and a new keeper (mistakes Guzan or Godzan as Quinn would say on Sky are getting to much now). A left back is another position I need to look at but I am unsure if i will have enough cash to strenghen here.

Despite saying I have £18.5m to spend its not there yet! Unless it becomes available once the transfer window opens?

My form this season is so up and down. I concede stupid goals all the time and very rarely keep a clean sheet. I dont think I have won 3 on the bounce this season yet.

So we went out to Barcelona in the Europa Cup semi final after a 0-2 defeat at Camp Nou. Messi scoring both, first was a near post header from a corner which was quite irritating.

Focus is now on domestic competitions - need a win & a draw from final 3 league games to guarantee Top 4, and then the small matter of the FA Cup final vs Chelsea!

So we went out to Barcelona in the Europa Cup semi final after a 0-2 defeat at Camp Nou. Messi scoring both, first was a near post header from a corner which was quite irritating.

Focus is now on domestic competitions - need a win & a draw from final 3 league games to guarantee Top 4, and then the small matter of the FA Cup final vs Chelsea!

Fingers crossed for you mate. I would have been annoyed as well seeing Messi score from a header!

SEASON 2 REVIEW

A substantial transfer budget following our recent takeover saw a number of players coming & going in a bid to strengthen not only the starting eleven but also the back-ups. In addition to those listed a few other players were given free transfers (Given, Cole, Herd) to free up wage space.

Transfers_TransferHistory_zpsc47409ef.png

I was hoping for a finish around the European places, but after a frankly awful start we found ourselves sitting in the relegation zone after 8 games. I was probably one loss away from the sack but then a 10 game unbeaten run saw us jump up to mid table. A solid second half of the season found us in 4th spot with just 2 games to go, however a sending off 5 minutes into the penultimate game against Spurs resulted in a 4-0 loss and cost us the chance of Champions League football. I was extremely happy with a final finish of 6th.

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages_zps2f667907.png

In terms of our best players, the top 6 performers are all under the age of 25 which means we have a bright future. Jack Grealish eventually won the club Player of the Year, just beating Will Hughes & Christian Benteke. Thorgan Hazard was exceptional after bringing him in on loan in January and I have now been able to make his move a permanent one on a Bosman free transfer.

Squad_PlayersPlayers_zps516736ce.png

I am still finalising transfers for season 3 and details will follow very shortly

How has everyone found negotiating a new contract with Benteke? He insists on a 20m min fee clause in any deal - I cant even take it out!

With his contract up in 2017 I might have to think about cashing in at the end of the season as I believe he is worth more than £20m.

How has everyone found negotiating a new contract with Benteke? He insists on a 20m min fee clause in any deal - I cant even take it out!

With his contract up in 2017 I might have to think about cashing in at the end of the season as I believe he is worth more than £20m.

I managed to push it up to £28.5m

What I have found with players wanting out - In conversations that I will allow them to leave should a suitable offer come in.

I then put their price tag up to a ridiculous fee or their minimum fee and then they just get on with things. I am not going back on my word if no-one comes in with a bid for them :)

SEASON 3 TRANSFERS

With many of the home grown players having departed the club as they just weren't good enough I had to bring in some new English players.

First player to come in was Chris Smalling on a Bosman free. With his value immediately coming in at £12.5m this could be the steal of the season.

As previously mentioned Thorgan Hazard was signed permanently for a compensation of just £2.7m (value now £8.75m).

My main concern was WBR where I was still using Hutton & Lowton. After doing some scouting of the players willing to join the Villa, I decided on Jon Flanagan (another home grown player snapped up).

I intended to stick with Cissokho at WBL but a few clubs were sniffing round and then I noticed Kieran Gibbs was on the transfer list. This was an easy decision and only cost me £1m net (another home grown player).

Andrew Robertson has come in on loan to rotate with Gibbs, with a £9m fee agreed should I decide to make the move permanent.

In terms of outgoing players Vlaar had to be offloaded to make way for Smalling, and Petteri Forsell was surplus to requirements.

Man C have just made a £23.5m bid for Grealish, which was obviously rejected. He now wants a new contract (already had 2 new contracts so far) but I have managed to delay this until the end of the season.

Atletico have shown interest in Benteke and as usual he wants to leave. I have told him he is going nowhere so he is now upset with me. This also happened during the first season but he eventually changed his mind and signed a new contract.

Transfers_TransferHistory-2_zps57ecf227.png

EDIT: Also just brought Dele Alli in on loan from Spurs with a £12m agreed value & sold Carlos Sanchez to Lazio for £6.25m.

My team for season 3 is;

GK - Horn / Guzan

DR - Flanagan / Lowton

DCR - Okore / Mammana

DCL - Smalling / Baker

DL - Gibbs / Robertson

DLP - Roberto / Westwood

DM - Kranevitter / Brillante

AP - Hughes / Alli

AMR - Hazard / Dockal

AML - Grealish / Bakkali

F9 - Benteke / Melano

I'm a bit happier now my first team squad contains 8 English players, 1 Irish & 1 Scottish.

SEASON 3 TRANSFERS

With many of the home grown players having departed the club as they just weren't good enough I had to bring in some new English players.

First player to come in was Chris Smalling on a Bosman free. With his value immediately coming in at £12.5m this could be the steal of the season.

As previously mentioned Thorgan Hazard was signed permanently for a compensation of just £2.7m (value now £8.75m).

My main concern was WBR where I was still using Hutton & Lowton. After doing some scouting of the players willing to join the Villa, I decided on Jon Flanagan (another home grown player snapped up).

I intended to stick with Cissokho at WBL but a few clubs were sniffing round and then I noticed Kieran Gibbs was on the transfer list. This was an easy decision and only cost me £1m net (another home grown player).

Andrew Robertson has come in on loan to rotate with Gibbs, with a £9m fee agreed should I decide to make the move permanent.

In terms of outgoing players Vlaar had to be offloaded to make way for Smalling, and Petteri Forsell was surplus to requirements.

Man C have just made a £23.5m bid for Grealish, which was obviously rejected. He now wants a new contract (already had 2 new contracts so far) but I have managed to delay this until the end of the season.

Atletico have shown interest in Benteke and as usual he wants to leave. I have told him he is going nowhere so he is now upset with me. This also happened during the first season but he eventually changed his mind and signed a new contract.

Transfers_TransferHistory-2_zps57ecf227.png

At least you have money! My new board said they would give me £18m to spend but it says 0 and they wont let me adjust budgets or anything to bring in free transfers or anything. No idea whats going on here.

At least you have money! My new board said they would give me £18m to spend but it says 0 and they wont let me adjust budgets or anything to bring in free transfers or anything. No idea whats going on here.

Me neither :(

Have you looked in the bugs forum?

You got lucky with 20mil mines 15.75mil

Hey guys how you all doing? Took a break from my Villa save, so felt refreshed for the weekend. Been on it about an hour or so tonight - here is what I have done...(remember season 2)

Beat Hull 5-3 in opening fixture...Goal Frenzy

Beat Palace 3-2 (I was 2-0 down with 10 minutes to go) - queue Ben Arfa off the bench :)

Beat Bham City 3-1 in the LC

Just beat Stoke 3-2 (again I was 2-0 down, but left it a bit earlier to start the comeback!)

Scoring as you can see is not a problem. Mitrovic has been immense since coming in for Benteke, scoring 4 goals from 3 games. Ben Arfa and Grealish have been the creative force, along with Alli and Hughes in the middle of the park.

My problem is clearly defending. It might settle down when the players get used to playing with each other. Back 4 is Peruzzi, Vlaar, Okore/Goldaniga, Davies/Cissokho. Leali in net has been class since coming in on a free to replace Guzan. The new ME might have somet to do with the goals conceded, depsite the fix they have announced. I will keep tweaking in the hope i come across a solution.

Season 3 pre-season is complete and it has probably been the best pre-season I have ever had on FM. Roy Keane set up some fairly easy friendlies, which all went pretty well. I then decided to give the team a test by arranging friendlies against Barcelona & Real Madrid. Test passed with flying colours

:D

a50e3936-cd53-4df8-8d1d-b76fa9fb87f5_zps44b34fe0.png

AstonVillavBarcelona_MatchPostMatch-2_zps5c721e95.png

AstonVillavRMadrid_MatchPostMatch_zps21785a5f.png

Also had some good news on the eve of the new season :cool:

Inbox_Inbox_zps62e4a13b.png

Not sure how long that will last!

This game is seriously f@#king me off :mad:

After going through pre-season unbeaten (including beating Barca & Madrid) & averaging nearly 4 goals per game, we have now lost the first 3 league games without scoring;

0-1 v Man U (home)

0-1 v Southampton (away)

0-2 v Spurs (away)

After going through pre-season unbeaten (including beating Barca & Madrid) & averaging nearly 4 goals per game, we have now lost the first 3 league games without scoring;

0-1 v Man U (home)

0-1 v Southampton (away)

0-2 v Spurs (away)

Frustrating as hell!! I turned mine off in disgust after losing 3-0 to Leicester and 5-1 against Chelsea in the LC!. My defenders are just all over the place

, despite them now being accomplished with the tactic.

Frustrating as hell!! I turned mine off in disgust after losing 3-0 to Leicester and 5-1 against Chelsea in the LC!. My defenders are just all over the place

, despite them now being accomplished with the tactic.

I think its time for PS4, been neglecting it lately lol

Don't think the results will get much better over the next few games tbh. My first 6 league games are;

Man U (home)

Southampton (away)

Spurs (away)

Newcastle (home)

Liverpool (away)

Chelsea (home)

Sandwiched in between these league games are Zenit (away) in the Europa League & Everton (away) in the League Cup.

Don't think the results will get much better over the next few games tbh. My first 6 league games are;

Man U (home)

Southampton (away)

Spurs (away)

Newcastle (home)

Liverpool (away)

Chelsea (home)

Sandwiched in between these league games are Zenit (away) in the Europa League & Everton (away) in the League Cup.

ouch that's a horrendous run! I always get a top 4 team from the PL in the LC third round! I might actually want to win a trophy at some point you bar stewards!!

ouch that's a horrendous run! I always get a top 4 team from the PL in the LC third round! I might actually want to win a trophy at some point you bar stewards!!

Managed to win 2-1 away at Zenit.

0-1 v Man U (home)

0-1 v Southampton (away)

0-2 v Spurs (away)

Pretty soon Benteke will be asking for a move haha

Absolutely fuming with my Villa side, in my third season I was comfortably in the top 4 for most of the season but I blew a 3 goal lead at home to Man United & followed that up with a 1-0 loss away to West Brom and a 5-1 home defeat to Everton and now I'm out of the top 4 with 6 games left and if I'm not careful I'll be out of the Europa League spots too. Such a cruel game at times

Archived