Unstoppable! Two quadruples in row!

Great tactic I started using it after having pompey in the premiership for a couple of seasons, it really kicked me on!!

One question, sorry if its been mentioned already. I assume if your starting as a lower league team you would drop all of the attributes set in your filters by a few points untill you find the standards of players which are more likely signings?

much like that, try to get “purple” attributes as high as possible then pay attention to rest attributes.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, there’re some recommended PPMs and also undesirable PPMs such as “Gets Forward Whenever Possible” for STC and MCL/MCR but central MC can have “Gets Forward Whenever Possible” it’s actually good PPM for him but I try to avoid that he has it because it isn’t rare that he needs sometimes play in MCL/MCR positions because of injuries/bans/tiredness.

Recommended PPMs for STC:

- Tries killer balls often

- Plays one-twos

- Come deep to get ball(if this player also sometimes play AMC position then don’t teach him this PPM)

Recommended PPMs for AMC:

- Plays one-twos

- Tries killer balls often

- Moves into channels

In general I try to avoid players have “Forward Runs” modification PPMs such as “Come deep to get ball” and “Gets Forward Whenever Possible” because it’s much better if players can play STC and AMC position.

Glad to hear it works well for you. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the reply!

************IMPORTANT************

Tactic has been updated to V7

Download the V7 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/zszypiczvleidqa/TFF_CROSS_V8.tac

Changes:

- Changed duty of central MC to “Support”. Current MCs setup looks like most balanced! I’m very happy with it.

- Moved DL/DR to WBL/WBR positions, It help further improve attack and build-up play, also defense became more solid.

Now CROSS_V7 formation looks like this:

Formation_N.jpg

I’ve tested V7:

First season, Norwich City(Predicted to finish 16th by media).

Download the game save - http://www.mediafire.com/download/4q7ubd0re9sier9/TFF_Norwich_Test_CROSS_V7.fm

I bought 4 players to suite the tactic Alberto Rivera, Jonathan Zebina, Magnus Lekven, Michael Arroyo. These players have the same quality as average Norwich City player, 125-132 CA.

After 20 games played I was sitting 1st and the team had one of the best G.D. in the league so I’m totally stratified with V7.

Table

Table_N.jpg

Fixtures

Fixtures_N.jpg

Goals

Goals_N.jpg

Conceded

Conceded_N.jpg

P.S. Soon I’ll updated recommended attributes for MC position. Also notice that for V7 PPM “Gets Forward Whenever Possible” recommended for MCL/MCR and undesirable for MC.

P.P.S. One small addition, as you can see V7 uses wing backs, almost all fullbacks have at least “Competent” or “Accomplished” rating for Wing Back position. Anyway I recommend train them for Wing Back position even they have "Accomplished" rating for it.

It seems that all great tactics for 14.3 on these board evolve to fantasy formations. (Like Tyler's Piranha and Mr Rosler's Tube.)

It should be possible to retain a lifelike formation in a football simulation, won't you think?

It seems that all great tactics for 14.3 on these board evolve to fantasy formations. (Like Tyler's Piranha and Mr Rosler's Tube.)

It should be possible to retain a lifelike formation in a football simulation, won't you think?

I’d say the formation is just formal in FM because players behavior is highly modified by PI/TI.

It looks “fantasy” only on paper but when you see how the team plays you find it very natural and similar with real life football and top clubs. :)

P.S. and yes, if you want to win than you have to use what effective in ME and maybe not such effective in real life football. :)

Guys, you can redownload the tactic or add by yourself PI “Dribble Less” to central MC(DPL). I only now have noticed that I forgot to add it.

In order to avoid confusion it will be version V8 because it’s very important PI and has strong affect on MC performance.

Download V8 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/zszypiczvleidqa/TFF_CROSS_V8.tac

P.S. Overload and Caution tactics also have been updated.

Ok, i finished my second season with Oviedo. Like i mentioned earlier, last season we got promoted to Liga Adelante. I thought that this season would be very difficult, even with the quite good new players i managed to get during summer.

Well, i was wrong.

During the season i used V4, V5 and V8. As usual, i also had two striker version for each of these, now my strategy to use that was when we were clear favorites at home.

I also had the Overload tactic in use. Didn't use time waste tactic, only used Retain Possession or Retain Possession + Drop Deeper to protect lead, depending on the opponent and situation.

Here are my results for the whole season:

pfyz.jpg

rrlo.jpg

And here is the final league table:

g7x4.jpg

So, next season we will be playing in Liga BBVA along with Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. Should be interesting with my team. Obviously going to need to get some real good reinforcements to the squad, if we are to have any chance of staying up.

One interesting note. Many people have claimed that with current ME, strikers don't score.

Well, here are the stats of my number one striker (and team captain) for the last two seasons:

i5co.jpg

I would say that it is a decent amount of goals :)

So, two seasons and two promotions. Next aim needs to be qualifying for Euro Cup, but probably won't happen next season :cool:

Wow great performance MTM,

Could you please tell me your other 2striker tactic? Are there any changes? How should I set the other striker? What instructions should he have?

Thanks in advance!

It is otherwise exactly like the original Cross tactic, but SS has been replaced with AF. So, there is DLF/AF pair on attack.

AF has following instructions:

or9d.jpg

Main reason i am using this 2 striker variant is that i believe using a different formation from time to time makes it harder for the opponents to adjust to your tactics.

So far this approach has worked well :)

Guys, I’ve updated filters and attributes recommendation for MC position to suite V8.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9qopccqvbu585pj/TFF_CROSS_Filters_V2.pft

Ok, i finished my second season with Oviedo. Like i mentioned earlier, last season we got promoted to Liga Adelante. I thought that this season would be very difficult, even with the quite good new players i managed to get during summer.

Well, i was wrong.

Good job! Thanks for the report, MTM!

There is so many versions of this tactic now which version are people having the most success with? Currently enjoying `v5` but I cant seem to win against the 4-5-1 wide winger formations which City employ in my game. They beat me in the Community Shield,Super Cup,twice in the league and I have just been drawn against them in the Champ league semi final. Im desperate to beat them!

Downloaded V8 but I haven't been impressed at all and have always switched back to V5

Good job! Thanks for the report, MTM!

No problem!

First season in Liga BBVA will probably be a tough one.

Due to rather limited finances, i was only able to get a few new players. I strengthened defense (WB's and CD's) as i thought that would be the smart place to start. Hopefully that will be enough to keep us up, then maybe for the next season i might have a bit more transfer money.

I will let you know how it goes.

Liking the look of your tactics.

I have a few out and out wingers, very good technically, dribbling, flair etc. Should I re-train them to am or mc, or not use them at all?

Also would you mind posting a screenshot of your training during the season, after pre-season is finished?

Thanks a lot!

I have a few out and out wingers, very good technically, dribbling, flair etc. Should I re-train them to am or mc, or not use them at all?

It depends on their attributes, compare it to attributes guide from opening post and see if they suite to any position.

Also you can download filters for all positions there.

Also would you mind posting a screenshot of your training during the season, after pre-season is finished?

You can find this information in the bottom of opening post.

These tactics are absolutely awesome! :) By far the best I have tried on 14.3 so far, although I have been testing mainly in lower leagues so can't say for sure for all cases.

I'm managing Histon FC in English Blue Square North, got promoted the first season using Steaton's tactics (which are also good). But the second season in Blue Squre Premier was pretty tough, this FM version seems really difficult for lower leagues/getting a small club to the top, eg it was very hard to sign any players etc. Still, I was sitting comfortably in mid-table, having tried a number of other popular tactics on this forum and FM Base (Steaton's, The Tube, Tylerbode's Piranha) - the results were fine given the team, but it felt like most of my wins were by luck and pretty dodgy/random.

So then I switched to this tactic (V7), and after defeat in the first game went on a 9-game winning run, and 15 games unbeaten. In the end I just missed out on top spot on the last day, but managed to get promoted through the playoffs - something which I wasn't even really hoping for! Screens below:

The first game with this tactic is Woking (A):

HistonBSPfixtures_zpscb3d0ea1.png

League table:

HistonBSPtable_zps7e44e56f.png

The only other comment I have on the tactics, is that the "overload" tactic when you're chasing a goal doesn't seem to work that well for me, usually not much changes ie I don't create many new chances and seem more likely to concede, but also not by much...

Thanks again!

These tactics are absolutely awesome! :) By far the best I have tried on 14.3 so far, although I have been testing mainly in lower leagues so can't say for sure for all cases.

Thanks again!

Glad to heat it works good for you, thanks for the feedback!

P.S. Btw, V8 came out, I recommend to switch for it :cool:

Nearing the start of my 3rd season with Oviedo. After two promotions in a row, i still have several players from my original 2nd division squad.

So, this is how our odds look like for the upcoming season:

v234.jpg

edit:

One good thing of having lot of players who have been in the squad for 1-2 seasons.

I have still 2 pre-season friendlies to play and our tactics are already 100% fluid. Never got them fluid this fast.

Totalfootballfan, may I ask u what individual training u use ? I mean which roles (focus) and what intensity ?

Thx man !!

Mate, It’s hard to recomend something without seeing player’s attributes. My decision about what Individual focus to use depends on level of important attributes for position if I see that some of it are less than I want it be so I use individual focus to improve it.

P.S. Guys, check it out, the new tactic :p - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/388471-Almighty-weirdo!

I used V5 in lower leagues and was unbeaten after 15 league games. Gonna try it in premier league next.

TFF, why have you moved the players around so ie: the AMC is "number 2" (right back default), MLC is number 3 (default left back). Makes it a pain to change tactics during the match, having to move half the team around to correct positions after tac change?

Never understood why people do that.

I used V5 in lower leagues and was unbeaten after 15 league games. Gonna try it in premier league next.

TFF, why have you moved the players around so ie: the AMC is "number 2" (right back default), MLC is number 3 (default left back). Makes it a pain to change tactics during the match, having to move half the team around to correct positions after tac change?

Never understood why people do that.

I use v5 too. Never had this problem. Switching between tactics is simple and players keep their roles fine.

Hello TFF,

Brilliant tactic, by far the most consistent for 14.3 in my opinion, and I've tried most of the other well known ones. Won BPL with Liverpool Season one (using v5) and my own tweaks to hold onto a lead late on. Running away with league season 2. My only question, how did you get Lucas Romero to sign for Liverpool? I've tried on 3 different saves and he's not interested.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this thread, saved me from throwing my laptop against the wall!

I use v5 too. Never had this problem. Switching between tactics is simple and players keep their roles fine.

When you switch to another tactics in the middle of a match? If you play with a skrull south or north team that doesn't have squadnumbers you easily see how the players are switched around. AMC is number 2 and end up at right back when you switch and so on.

Its fine to switch tactics between matches, but not mid match.

Hello TFF,

Brilliant tactic, by far the most consistent for 14.3 in my opinion, and I've tried most of the other well known ones. Won BPL with Liverpool Season one (using v5) and my own tweaks to hold onto a lead late on. Running away with league season.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this thread, saved me from throwing my laptop against the wall!

You are welcome, mate and thanks for the feedback!

Hello TFF,

My only question, how did you get Lucas Romero to sign for Liverpool? I've tried on 3 different saves and he's not interested.

Hmm… That is very strange because I also bought him even at Southampton first season.

When you switch to another tactics in the middle of a match? If you play with a skrull south or north team that doesn't have squadnumbers you easily see how the players are switched around. AMC is number 2 and end up at right back when you switch and so on.

Its fine to switch tactics between matches, but not mid match.

I've played Skrill North, Premier, and partway through an L2 season so far. Changing tactics mid-match is not an issue.

Using version 8 with Liverpool but I am creating chances but can't seem to score as played Crystal Palace first game of the season had plenty of chances and only scored in the 88th minute and in the second game against Cardiff scored first then at half time was losing 3-1 so went all out attack and was battering them but only scored one goal near the end so any advice please.Thanks.

v8.

Despite losing just once in the league and conceding only 11 goals, we were lucky to take the title. Our 5 draws gave Bayern a 4 point lead with 5 games to play but they blew it big time to hand us our 6th successive league title.

1_zpsee382c05.png

My striker top scored in the league with 26 goals.

2_zpsa1206cd2.png

Also won the German Cup but was eliminated from the CL at the QF stage against Marseille on pens after an aggregate 1-1 draw.

Still the strongest tactic for 14.3 as far as I can see.

Hello Totalfotball! The only problem i have is to get my Strikers to Score. Take a look at this guy who my scouts etc tells me is my best striker

Last season he had 6 goals in 28 matches. So far this season does he have 1 goal only and bad average rating (like last season).

Should i re-train him to AMC and Shadow Striker?

http://i60.tinypic.com/5nw4ch.jpg[/img]"]5nw4ch.jpg

Thanks so much TFF! After switching from 10 years EA to FM14 I was loving the game and its construction very much from the first day on - but I was really struggeling with tactics/results! Actually very depressing when you spend a lot of time on it, everythings works fine... but always finishing 14th with Teams like Milan! Also with a bunch of other user-tactics I tried - which now will be deleted! Anyway, thanks to this tactics and the positive development of the results the game is much more fun now! :) And its also worth my first post here. :D

v8.

Despite losing just once in the league and conceding only 11 goals, we were lucky to take the title. Our 5 draws gave Bayern a 4 point lead with 5 games to play but they blew it big time to hand us our 6th successive league title.

1_zpsee382c05.png

My striker top scored in the league with 26 goals.

2_zpsa1206cd2.png

Also won the German Cup but was eliminated from the CL at the QF stage against Marseille on pens after an aggregate 1-1 draw.

Still the strongest tactic for 14.3 as far as I can see.

Forgot to add, whilst my team scored on average 2.7 goals a game in the league, 26 out of 32 for my striker whilst very decent, is hardly prolific..

Any tweaks to this to up the goals for the striker in v9?

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that the Midfielders, especially the Shadow Striker, are the guys who score most of the Goals. The DLF just scores a total of around 15 Goals in around 40 games per season. I tested it with bad and really good Strikers, actually no differences. Does that make sence?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone tried this after 14.3.1? Doesn't seem that solid, testing with Palermo in Serie B now.

Funny you ask that. I came onto the forum today to ask why this tactic doesn't get more recognition. I switched to this tactic 6 games into my second season (14.3.1) with Schalke. From that point on I went undefeated the rest of the season, won the league, cup and champions league whilst dominating every game. Didn't look like losing to be honest. I was initially using Roslers DOM set, same formation as this, but was never getting consistent results. The impact of my decision to change tactic was immediate. Scoring loads with all positions chipping in, and what really impressed me was how defensively solid this tactic is. Was getting groups of 6 to 7 clean sheets in a row, and when I do concede it is rarely more than 1. Admittedly, I had signed Ter Stegen which no doubt helped the defence, yet I was still struggling with him until I switched to this tactic. I should note, I have tried almost all the popular tactics on here and FM base. This one is head and shoulders above the rest. For me anyway. Thanks TFF.

Funny you ask that. I came onto the forum today to ask why this tactic doesn't get more recognition. I switched to this tactic 6 games into my second season (14.3.1) with Schalke. From that point on I went undefeated the rest of the season, won the league, cup and champions league whilst dominating every game. Didn't look like losing to be honest. I was initially using Roslers DOM set, same formation as this, but was never getting consistent results. The impact of my decision to change tactic was immediate. Scoring loads with all positions chipping in, and what really impressed me was how defensively solid this tactic is. Was getting groups of 6 to 7 clean sheets in a row, and when I do concede it is rarely more than 1. Admittedly, I had signed Ter Stegen which no doubt helped the defence, yet I was still struggling with him until I switched to this tactic. I should note, I have tried almost all the popular tactics on here and FM base. This one is head and shoulders above the rest. For me anyway. Thanks TFF.

Yes, in Palermo I wasn't getting the desired results until February. I was 4th for a long time, drawing a lot and losing some strange games at home before it really settled and I won the league 12 points clear.

To be honest, a lot of this is down to me having a lot of idiot players causing unrest. For instance Michel Morganella went berserk after I rejected a co-ownership deal with Cagliari (a deal which saw him stay at Palermo for two years), so I had to get rid of him and Abel Hernandez. Once that happened I went undefeated for 15 games and smashed just about every team. Also I was realizing that Palermo doesn't really have that strong team compared to the rest of the Serie B sides on FM.

I would recommend everyone to wait until it settles and gels before switching. It's a great tactic.

Archived