Go for glory - Dortmund-inspired 5-2-3/5-4-1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 5-3-2 hybrid system fell to bits with the latest update BUT then I changed the BPD from stopper to cover and the problem has been fixed. It may be the same thing you need to do on this one. I was finding the opposition getting in behind my defence too often, usually from simple over the top passes.

Still going good for me, started a new career at FC Groningen, finished 2nd, missing out on 1st by 1 point. And for Groningen that's quite an achievement.

Only thing letting me down is the board.

One thing I have noticed, my players foul a lot so that may need tweaking a little bit.

Please do. I'm interested in hearing which tweaks worked best for you.

My first tweak attempt resulted in over tweaking and completely messed it up started over again today.

this time I'm trying to move the center defender in the middle to DM but have to find a good working relation with him and defenders and cental midfielders.

will let you guys know on sunday evening if good or bad. or you can try to tweak it up from where i let go as this patch started to annoy me.

having an amazing season with dortmund , currently in january with Dortmund highlights of my season include

beating Bayern away 4-1 , then at home 3-0

beating Barcelona away 2-1 , and winning at home 3-2

beating PSG away 4-1 , then drawing 1-1 at home , not sure what happened there

in Bundesliga , played 20 , won 17 drew 2 lost 1

Lewandowski has 28 goals in 31 appearances

reus won world player of the year , with 26 appearances 14 goals and 17 assists

amazing tactic!

Please do. I'm interested in hearing which tweaks worked best for you.

I have tried to make central dc to cover but seems to decrease his ratings.

I have also tried lone str in other roles like advanced forward and complete forward, still scores but seems to decrease my inside forwards ratings and scoring.

Now i have lone striker on deep lying forward but attacking.

I moved the BPD to Sweeper into defend.

Took off, Offside Trap and Push Higher Up.

Put on Much Higher Defensive Line.

Rest is the same. Testing it with Liverpool now, just made some back up transfers. I'm training Agger and Toure to play in that Sweeper Role.

Thanks all for the feedback. A much higher d line without an offside trap can only work if you have really fast defenders. Apart from that I like the idea of the 'reverse half-back' (kind of) that I set up in this tactic. It's an aggressive defender that steps OUT of the d-line when not in possession, harassing opponents between the lines. When in possession, he's back in the d-line allowing the DCs to spread wide. This works great with the attacking wingbacks here.

Scrap that, sweeper and Libero system just didnt work out, I tried to move the central defender one slot up or down but for overall balance 3 defenders is the better option. i I don't want to touch the wing backs as they are the only reason why İ love this tactic.

I don't want to touch the wing backs as they are the only reason why İ love this tactic.

Influential, offensive wingbacks is something I'm very fond of, so I tend to build tactics around them. I put in some effort to set the defense right, as that can be a problem with attacking wingbacks, obviously. But if you find the right balance, it's a joy to watch.

During the testing phase I found that 3 DCs work best, and far better than pulling up the middle DC into DM position. And making him an aggressive stopper type of player, it's kind of a reverse half-back. I found that very neat and it works well for me.

Hi, tested the original tactic using Dortmund and won the Bundesliga in the first season, although had too many draws! Managed to pip Gladbach by 3 points as it went down the wire to the last game of the season.

Was absolutely fantastic in the first 4 games of the season, and then it went all wrong! Went winless in the league for 8 matches (4 draws and 4 losses). While defence was strong and conceding very little, I just couldn't find the net. Worse thing is got knocked out of the Champions League in the process.

ive added keep possession just beat arsenal away 5-0 man u at home 6-0 on fire at mo (leeds fourth season) negrado(1mil bargain) 25 goals 10 games left 6pts of top 3rd place and fa cup semi to come

At home I have found changing the DLP to AP has increased the numbers of goals we are scoring (Southampton second season). I have also changed the WB to CWB to good effect.

HI, does it make sense or any form of effectiveness to make them CWB since you have both IF upfront already. Do you need more agressiveness on the defensive third and risk losing the defensive side of a wb. how much of a good effect and improvement does it give you.

Great results screwy, I should test adding the keep possession instruction.

Jaskiew, in my experience wingback works best. You need them to be attacking, though. Of course you have two IF upfront, but without the wingbacks there's a lack of width. That's the most important task of the wingbacks in the attacking phase: providing width, since the wingers are cutting inside.

Season one i got to Jpt Final and came 5th with Mk Dons despite selling over a million quids worth of player and getting the wage bill down to 42k from 53k.

Season two was awful once the new patch arrived, although i did not help myself with expectations and lowering the wage budget down to 35k and making another 600k.

Season 3 i changed the Centre Cb from stopper to whatever it was advised to above by someone, i also brought in a wingback's with key skills as stated in this thread meaning i am have 40 points and am top of League 1 with the next team only on 29 points after i won 13 of the first 14 games and drew the other. I also made sure the Centre Cb is a good passer, and the other two were quite quick.

I'm getting good results with Arsenal. Have only played 7 matches with it however;

7-1 Liverpool

2-0 Schalke

5-0 Real Madrid

The team still isn't fluid with formation, closing down or creative freedom so all in all I think it's working extremely well.

Great results screwy, I should test adding the keep possession instruction.

Jaskiew, in my experience wingback works best. You need them to be attacking, though. Of course you have two IF upfront, but without the wingbacks there's a lack of width. That's the most important task of the wingbacks in the attacking phase: providing width, since the wingers are cutting inside.

I know that, the tactic is using wingbacks to start with. I am asking why does he need to change them to CWB - Complete Wing back and risk not defending while having the CWB to compete with the IF in their opponent's defensive third, hogging 2 winger like players there and leaving the back exposed. u get me?

I pushed up the center CB to a DM position but made him a halfback, he seems to still function as a stopper/centerback while seems to help close the gab on alot of lone strikers breaking and help the midfield control better. players i play in this position are all DC/DMC/MC since i have 3 of them in my first team.

I know that, the tactic is using wingbacks to start with. I am asking why does he need to change them to CWB - Complete Wing back and risk not defending while having the CWB to compete with the IF in their opponent's defensive third, hogging 2 winger like players there and leaving the back exposed. u get me?

I pushed up the center CB to a DM position but made him a halfback, he seems to still function as a stopper/centerback while seems to help close the gab on alot of lone strikers breaking and help the midfield control better. players i play in this position are all DC/DMC/MC since i have 3 of them in my first team.

I did the same as you tried as I wanted to have more bodies in the midfield but when you switch back to 2 central defenders then you get problems on the wings, with 3 central defenders the right and left ones usually cover the wings but they dont when you switch to 2 central defenders. and , in the end the system doesnt work well that way. so its best to keep the 3 central defenders together and the 2 wingbacks.

I did the same as you tried as I wanted to have more bodies in the midfield but when you switch back to 2 central defenders then you get problems on the wings, with 3 central defenders the right and left ones usually cover the wings but they dont when you switch to 2 central defenders. and , in the end the system doesnt work well that way. so its best to keep the 3 central defenders together and the 2 wingbacks.

What did you make your dmc? from what i observed here when i pushed up the central dc to dmc and made halfback with defend mentality, defence wise my wings doesnt seem to give much problems, he still plays very deeply back like dc but also stays ahead to cover the empty area behind the 2 mc, he's also able to cover the wingbacks

What did you make your dmc? from what i observed here when i pushed up the central dc to dmc and made halfback with defend mentality, defence wise my wings doesnt seem to give much problems, he still plays very deeply back like dc but also stays ahead to cover the empty area behind the 2 mc, he's also able to cover the wingbacks

I moved the ball playing defender to dm position tested out in all roles, and then moved himto sweeper and libero role best one was halfback role but still when played 3 central defenders it was even better. against lesser oppositions halfback is good but when playing champs,leaugue semi final you cant risk it, against top teams.

I moved the ball playing defender to dm position tested out in all roles, and then moved himto sweeper and libero role best one was halfback role but still when played 3 central defenders it was even better. against lesser oppositions halfback is good but when playing champs,leaugue semi final you cant risk it, against top teams.

Yes, I do agree with you on the lesser oppositions but most teams are lesser oppositions in my long term save so that's why i am finding it work ok, but 3 DC is definately the most stable of the lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived