The Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games Awards Ceremony

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would someone mind pointing me in the direction of Brian Taylor and Dean Evans. I haven't a scooby who either are.

From the Voting Thread:

Brian Taylor

A product of dafuge’s challenge, Brian Taylor is a real rags to riches story. Signed as a 16 year old for Prescot Cables in the BSP, he stayed with the club all the way to the Premier League and Champions League titles. Scored 43 goals in 62 games for Northern Ireland.

Dean Evans

Another product of Gundo’s challenge, Dean Evans was the second FM08 player to record 1000 goals. Another player to ply his trade in the Northern Irish league, Evans notched up 1000 goals in an incredible 691 games. He also had an incredible scoring record for Wales, notching up 49 goals in 74 games.

Guest roberto922

I know Dean Evans, I think you'll find him in the Paul Wallace: GODLIKE Difficulty, I know nothing about Taylor though. Surely Smylie will be up next year? :D

Guest roberto922

I didn't look at the screenie *turns red and runs to the corner* I've had Pedro on loan with AFC Wimbledon from BSS through to League One, I might still have the little sod on loan when I win the CL :D

Great awards ceremony lads. Thanks very much to the guys who voted for me, regardless of weather I won the category or not. Its really appreciated. :thup:

Well done to all the other winners, especially Dafuge, who deserves even more honorable mention for his continued efforts in this forums. 3 awards in my first "full season" and I couldn't be happier. Brilliant stuff. Can't wait for next year.

Well done all award winners.

Wasn't bothered about picking up any awards, but honestly very disapointed at Wallace v Roberts near miss in the 'most enjoyable challenge' category. Shame more people don't take part (which still baffles me - get involved!), or it would've won

well done canvey
No surprise Canvey!! won there tbh. Brilliant sign-up. Well done.
Well done Canvey ' date=' fantastic idea. :thup:[/quote']
For a first thread in CSE, that is quite something :thup:
Congratz Canvey!!:thup:
well done to dafuge, WW and Gundo so far. Where has Gundo been recently haven't seen him around?

EDIT: and Canvey!!

Well deserved that, he's made a great thread and has made a great contribution to the forum so far.
Think Canvey!! is a great user in CSE with a great sign up and always there to offer ideas for what to do in my predictions league.

Cheers all. Sorry I wasn't around for the awards dinner but I was out being thrashed in badminton :( (4-21, 7-21). Congratulations to all winners and near misses, I'm actually a little bit surprised I got a near-miss in "Fan's Favourite User". Well done birdy, wisla_krakow, dafuge, Walcott's Wonderkids and aaberdenn for organising what has clearly been a very enjoyable night for all.

Here's the full results, the winners are in blue and the number of votes are on the left.

Challenges

Best Challenge

24 Dafuge's Small Club to Big Club Challenge

7 Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

5 Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

Most Enjoyable Challenge

12 Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

13 Dafuge's Small Club to Big Club Challenge

11 The Career Thread

Perhaps this is a good time to point out that the Wallace vs Roberts thread is still looking for new people to join. Have a look here and see what you think, personally it has been the most enjoyable game I've played this year so hopefully a few of you will add your names and manage the Southern Softies or the Northern Monkeys for a year.

The award for Hardest Challenge goes to...

Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge with 16 votes out of 35.

This challenge has proved formidable for many of it's participants. Although pushed quite hard at the start, this challenge eventually won the title. A worthy winner of this award, Gundo's challenge is officially the hardest FM challenge of the year.

The near-misses

The Big Club to Small Club Challenge

I'm delighted with this award. I'm glad it's getting harder in each installment of FM and long may it continue that way (although SI do need to look into far too rigid league reps and other minor issues regarding reputations).

Well done on an excellent awards ceremony Birdy.

Best Experiment

31 AI Experiment - what would happen if?

2 Mechanics of Manager Reputation

3 AI Experiment - Birth of a New Nation

Most Important Experiment Findings

23 AI Experiment - what would happen if?

10 Mechanics of Manager Reputation

2 AI Experiment - Birth of a New Nation

Best Standard of Updates from a User

20 kipfizh

14 Walcott's Wonderkids

4 PaulHartman71

Wow - what else to say? Thanks guys, quite gutted I couldn't be around for the awards themselves but I've been away.

Cheers for following the Bandits for nearly two years, by the time the next awards come around their original guise will be no more, but they'll continue in their own way!

Big congratulations to every winner, nice one on your many awards dafuge, nice one Wegason on the best idea for an experiment - couldn't agree more, that one is utterly superb.

:)

well done to all those awarded persons who for their time and effort make these forums very enjoyable.

Jimbo- nice to see you still around, we do miss your humour and contributions

Dafuge- spoken to you before, many congrats as ever. Have finally got Heybridge Swifts into the Premiership and

its only 2029, one day may complete your challenge. Only having summer break from FM till September.

As only an occassional poster i promise to return more often, certainly once fm2009 appears.

Congrats to all, particularly Kipfizh and Dafuge as their threads were the reasons I started coming into this excellent sub forum in the first place.

I've finally finished Dafuge's challenge so I'm currently on the look out for a new one and these awards have given me some great ideas for which ones I'd like to try

Thanks for everyone's support, I think this year's awards have just gone to show how the quality of threads in this forum has improved over the last year.

Well to everyone who has been a part of this forum over the last year, keep it up and let's see what FM09 brings this forum :thup:

Archived