Mini Scout 1.5 released!!

Leinad

This tool is fantastic and finally makes the defunct genie scout obsolete. Excellent work on this, love the potential rating. It makes searching for good yoots better than it has ever been on any other tool. My enjoyment of FM will increase now I can search for the best yoot regens in the game now.

Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Earnest:

Great stuff.

A minor problem not mentioned thus far.

The search isn't updated to current data. To do an up to date search you have to shut down the Mini-SE altogether and restart. (unless I've missed something)

Can anyone else confirm this?

(Has been confirmed). The reason being that any new regens which pop up throughout the season are not included in the "Load". Actually, I don't think you need to shut it down, you just need to click on "Load"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Load doesn't refresh databases, "Refresh Databases" in search panel menu does. icon_wink.gif

hi amster - do you know why it crashes for me when i double click to open it? Have xp installed with .Net framework 2.0. The 1.4 version was working for months but then suddenly stopped.no luck with 1.5/1.51 either, says it has encoutered a problem icon_frown.gif

Thanks amster, this is really all you need to get ahead of the rest in finding those potential superstars.

I only started using the Mini-SE from 1.4 but it's already become indispensable.

I'm already dreading the day when you do a genie on us icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by amster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Earnest:

Great stuff.

A minor problem not mentioned thus far.

The search isn't updated to current data. To do an up to date search you have to shut down the Mini-SE altogether and restart. (unless I've missed something)

Can anyone else confirm this?

(Has been confirmed). The reason being that any new regens which pop up throughout the season are not included in the "Load". Actually, I don't think you need to shut it down, you just need to click on "Load"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Load doesn't refresh databases, "Refresh Databases" in search panel menu does. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Amster. I didn't know about that either.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had 1.4 and it was working fine but he other day it crashed when I started it. I tried reinstalling it and also installing 1.51 but the same problem existed. I can't think of anything I did to the computer before miniscout stopped working apart from defragmenting the hard drive icon_confused.gif i have net framework 2.0 obviously so thats not the problem. I have no idea why it crashes or how to fix it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this tool. I have a slight problem though I would love to put right in order to use it better.

I do a search in Mini scout for players and save the found players. I import the list on my game and can see the players, who I try to sign.

Later on I do another Mini scout search to find more players. I save the shortlist again, and import it on my game.

I now have two lists. How can I merge the two lists to have one shortlist? At this rate I will have dozens of lists and it's getting confusing.

I saw you can right click on a player and move to a different list. It will take me ages to do this for each player on my lists. This cannot be done by grouping all the players (highlighting) and sending them to a chosen list.

Any ideas? Thanks very much.

Andy

Archived