Clwb Pêl Droed Caersws

dafuge

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it did start to grow. that's good :)

Insane that such a successful club wouldn't sell out every single game :p

Maybe the local population is too small to support it in this version... I know in past versions when I was in a low league (Iceland) I was able to sell out my 20k seat stadium... not sure how realistic that was though... maybe its just the reality of the area???

Just a thought

Maybe the local population is too small to support it in this version... I know in past versions when I was in a low league (Iceland) I was able to sell out my 20k seat stadium... not sure how realistic that was though... maybe its just the reality of the area???

Just a thought

I think it's probably more a function of league reputation, as if you look through POD's San Marino career thread (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/372042-POD-s-Football-Manager-14-San-Marino-Challenge./page2), the San Marino Calcio stadium ends up having a larger capacity than the country's population. I'm guessing this is because San Marino Calcio is in the Italian league system, so the stadium will eventually end up on par with the top Serie A stadiums.

I think it's probably more a function of league reputation, as if you look through POD's San Marino career thread (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/372042-POD-s-Football-Manager-14-San-Marino-Challenge./page2), the San Marino Calcio stadium ends up having a larger capacity than the country's population. I'm guessing this is because San Marino Calcio is in the Italian league system, so the stadium will eventually end up on par with the top Serie A stadiums.

I saw the San Marino thread, couldn't see how many people on average he gets in his stadium on my quick walkthru. What you say makes sense.

On my FM12 game based in Northern Ireland, my stadium held 43 times the population of the place it was built. I was getting attendances of 131345 :D

It'll be interesting to see if anything like that is possible again, although I can't imagine I'll have the time to find it out.

On my FM12 game based in Northern Ireland, my stadium held 43 times the population of the place it was built. I was getting attendances of 131345 :D

It'll be interesting to see if anything like that is possible again, although I can't imagine I'll have the time to find it out.

Now that's just mental :D

How long did that take?

Caersws - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2040/41

Dafuge Park was officially opened as we looked to continue our dominance in Wales and in Europe.

League Table - not our best season, despite being close to perfect.

Domestic Cups - playing our second string in the latter stages backfired, twice. 13-0 was a new record win though.

UEFA Super Cup - an all Welsh affair!

FIFA Club World Cup - there were no mistakes with rested players this year.

UEFA Champions League - despite a few draws we went the season unbeaten, but the final was a nail biter.

Transfers - I spent big while making a profit, just a shame my new left back was ineligible due to the one appearance on loan he made before signing.

Squad - there will be a few changes over the summer as I look to raise some money.

Finances - a little short on cash, which might be a problem with a big money signing on the way.

Key Player Profiles:

John Roberts - back to his best.

Carl Wallace - the new talented right back.

Ahmed Cissé - he's only getting better.

Patrick - I think the best is yet to come.

Martyn Bean - a bargain at £575k

Career Overview

Season    Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   10th        
2015/16   2nd         Welsh Cup winners
2016/17   2nd         
2017/18   2nd         Welsh Cup finalists
2018/19   2nd         
2019/20   2nd         League Cup winners, Welsh Cup finalists
2020/21   2nd
2021/22   2nd         Welsh Cup finalists
2022/23   1st         
2023/24   2nd         League Cup winners, Welsh Cup finalists
2024/25   1st         League Cup winners, Welsh Cup finalists
2025/26   1st         League Cup winners
2026/27   1st         Welsh Cup finalists
2027/28   1st         League Cup and Welsh Cup winners
2028/29   1st         Welsh Cup winners
2029/30   1st         League Cup and Welsh Cup winners
2030/31   1st         League Cup and Welsh Cup winners
2031/32   1st         League Cup and Welsh Cup winners
2032/33   1st         Welsh Cup winners
2033/34   1st         League Cup and Welsh Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2034/35   1st         League Cup and Welsh Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2035/36   1st         Welsh Cup winners, League Cup finalists
2036/37   1st         League Cup and Welsh Cup winners
2037/38   1st         League Cup, Welsh Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   1st         Welsh Cup, CWC and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists
2039/40   1st         League Cup, Welsh Cup and Champions League winners
2040/41   1st         CWC and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists

Next Season

The clean sweep of trophies is yet to happen, could it be next season?

Caersws - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2041/42

We had been dominating the Champions League, but could we add the domestic cups to make it a clean sweep?

League Table - not our best points total, but we went unbeaten.

Domestic Cups - we were never in any danger of losing a match.

UEFA Super Cup - a comfortable win.

FIFA Club World Cup - not a great performance, but we got the win.

UEFA Champions League - there were a few close games, but we stormed to our fifth consecutive title.

Transfers - I got a bit carried away and broke our transfer record on a youngster.

Squad - I'd like to sell a couple of players and possible replace a couple more.

Finances - a fairly big loss which was due to the big signing.

Key Player Profiles:

John Roberts - top scorer as usual.

Pedro Valdivia - this was the big signing at the end of last season.

Ahmed Cissé - another brilliant season.

Jules Vial - his form has picked up after I spent £30m on his replacement.

Ron Bater - along with Roberts, he's a star of the youth system.

Career Overview

2014/15   10th        
2016/17   2nd         
2018/19   2nd         
2020/21   2nd
2022/23   1st         
2033/34   1st         League Cup and Welsh Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2034/35   1st         League Cup and Welsh Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2038/39   1st         Welsh Cup, CWC and Champions League winners, League Cup finalists
2041/42   1st         League Cup, Welsh Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

With the clean sweep finally achieved, all we can aim for is a repeat.

How do you explain that Bangor and Rhyl made such huge improvement? How are their finances and are they spending some money on transfers? Maybe you could include top league transfers screen, a it seems that things are getting really interesting now.

How do you explain that Bangor and Rhyl made such huge improvement? How are their finances and are they spending some money on transfers? Maybe you could include top league transfers screen, a it seems that things are getting really interesting now.

Every time I win the CL, it means another club (it has often been Bangor) will go straight into the CL group stage guaranteeing them the £7m prize money.

Bangor are the only club who have really upped their spending (you can see the wages they are paying here), but hopefully the others will catch up.

Welsh transfers - Bangor/Rhyl are leading the spending, but they are restricting their transfers to the UK. If only they would look abroad they could really improve their squads.

As in your previous game in NI, there is a shadow of a doubt if things would be the same had five top leagues been playable. AI is not doing good enough job. Barcelona to lose 6-0 to Bangor is just plain crazy.

What's amazing is that you had serious attempts at winning CL without spending any money on transfers.

Caersws - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2042/43

Last season we went unbeaten in the league and won every trophy available, there was no way to improve on that.

League Table - a relatively poor season for us.

Domestic Cups - we slipped up in the League Cup.

UEFA Super Cup - another comfortable win in Europe.

FIFA Club World Cup - it was a close match, but we were unlucky to lose.

UEFA Champions League - we came close to being knocked out a number of times, but turned on the style in extra time to win the trophy.

Transfers - not a lot of action as I trimmed the squad slightly and brought in a young striker.

Squad - the squad is superb, but some of the players aren't developing as quickly as I'd like. I think the league reputation needs to improve to make the standard of football better.

Finances - a reasonable profit.

Key Player Profiles:

John Roberts - top scorer again, but he's getting near to 30 now.

Pedro Valdivia - a decent goal tally, but not enough assists.

Riccardo Saraceno - the record signing had a great season.

Mateo Fejzic - one of my three superb central defenders.

Ian Thorne - the left back who gave us the breakthrough in the Champions League final.

Career Overview

2014/15   10th        
2016/17   2nd         
2018/19   2nd         
2020/21   2nd
2022/23   1st         
2042/43   1st         Welsh Cup and Champions League winners, CWC finalists

Next Season

Our aim for next season is to avoid those odd losses.

Amazing as usual, Dafuge. You've got me really wanting to play in Wales as it looks like fun. Would you recommend it?

I've had a brief stint as manager of Afan Lido on a previous FM but never had a serious long-term save in Wales. Can't really imagine getting into your current situation. I'm amazed at your success!

What's your tactical set-up this year? I'm curious as I realise that you've abandoned your usual 4-4-2 wide diamond.

What sort of player roles are you using and what kind of rigidity/fluidity? Do you find the football very different to your old style?

Love John Roberts. I always love a proper goalscorer like that with amazing composure, off the ball, anticipation and pace. :cool:

Amazing as usual, Dafuge. You've got me really wanting to play in Wales as it looks like fun. Would you recommend it?

I've had a brief stint as manager of Afan Lido on a previous FM but never had a serious long-term save in Wales. Can't really imagine getting into your current situation. I'm amazed at your success!

What's your tactical set-up this year? I'm curious as I realise that you've abandoned your usual 4-4-2 wide diamond.

What sort of player roles are you using and what kind of rigidity/fluidity? Do you find the football very different to your old style?

Love John Roberts. I always love a proper goalscorer like that with amazing composure, off the ball, anticipation and pace. :cool:

Wales is ok, but the original database only has the Premier League so there were no lower leagues for me to play in. The reputation seems really low though, so the AI clubs are pretty poor and are not showing much ambition to improve. My aim is to raise that reputation to make it a decent place for top players to move to, but that seems a long way off at the moment.

I thought I'd try something a bit more 'modern' after struggling to get a strike partnership working, so I've gone for a fluid 4-2-3-1 with two DMs, an enganche and two inside forwards. The striker plays as a poacher, with a standard flat back four.

It's a big change from my previous tactics which were usually based on wingers getting crosses in, but the single striker grabbing most of the goals is quite good. The central midfield trio isn't working as well as I'd hoped, but we are winning so I can't complain.

Roberts is a beast, he may not be scoring like he was a few years ago but he's a player who came through the youth system (which now seems defunct) who I would like to have retire at the club.

Interesting stuff.

Have to agree that the lack of lower leagues to work through is a negative. Seems quite fun otherwise.

Interesting tactical set-up. I must confess, I usually love a tactic where one striker grabs most of the goals, no matter if it would be more effective to have the goals spread out around the team. Something about having a legendary goalscorer in the team who dominates the goalscoring charts always excites me.

Seems like most of your assists are coming from your wide players rather than your enganche. I guess they must be more effective cutting in from the wide positions to feed Roberts than your AMC.

Do you think you could get Roberts to become a coach at the club maybe?

When I have a legendary player, I don't care about his coaching stats! I just give him a job if he becomes a coach regardless of his quality! I'm obviously way too sentimental!

One thing I dislike about 4-2-3-1 Deep on FM is having to retrain all MCs to be DMs or AMs.

Last time I played 4-2-3-1 Deep, which was all the way back on FM10, I found a real lack of DM and AM players and way too many pure MCs. Frustrating to have to retrain all of the time. Especially frustrating if you become an international manager as there is no way to retrain MCs unless you also manage them at club level.

I guess you already had that trouble with your wide diamond though!

As in your previous game in NI, there is a shadow of a doubt if things would be the same had five top leagues been playable. AI is not doing good enough job. Barcelona to lose 6-0 to Bangor is just plain crazy.

What's amazing is that you had serious attempts at winning CL without spending any money on transfers.

I echo that sentiment, it would balance out the game allot more, and even then I still have a feeling Dafuge would still find it easy and as a result Dafuge will need a bigger challenge, I reckon trying to win the champions League with only welsh players should do it, now I said he is going to go do it now isn't he :rolleyes:.

I echo that sentiment, it would balance out the game allot more, and even then I still have a feeling Dafuge would still find it easy and as a result Dafuge will need a bigger challenge, I reckon trying to win the champions League with only welsh players should do it, now I said he is going to go do it now isn't he :rolleyes:.

Loading more leagues would definitely improve things, but I'm playing on an old laptop so speed is an issue for me. I'd much rather play multiple quick seasons than a small number of detailed ones.

Welsh players only is an idea, although my youth system seems to have given up on producing decent players :(

I'd imagine that this will be my only career on FM14. I think the last time I had more than one save on a version was FM09, and that was because my laptop died.

How would you feel about a very specific challenge? Such as leading a fourth division Brazilian team to win everything but with certain restrictions applied, such as: all your internationals have to be from Colombia and you need at least one Colombian in the pitch during all games (unless all are injured or unavailable).

Great thread tho, you are a machine

How would you feel about a very specific challenge? Such as leading a fourth division Brazilian team to win everything

I did that on FM09 :D

As for the specific bit, that usually something that I would consider once I'm into a save, rather than something I'd do right from the start.

Someone mentioned winning the CL with Welsh players only, which could be an idea for later on. For the moment though, I'm looking to keep winning in the hope of raising the league reputation enough to make the other Welsh clubs decent in Europe.

Unless they have made massive changes to how dynamism works, it's simply not possible to do significantly well with only Welsh players. I was several years down the road and still couldn't produce more than one or two Welsh players who could crack my first team at the time I was within reach of winning the CL with Prestatyn. Of course, if anyone could do it, you could, dafuge! :)

Unless they have made massive changes to how dynamism works, it's simply not possible to do significantly well with only Welsh players. I was several years down the road and still couldn't produce more than one or two Welsh players who could crack my first team at the time I was within reach of winning the CL with Prestatyn. Of course, if anyone could do it, you could, dafuge! :)

I've had a few players capable of playing in a CL winning team (Roberts and Bater the two best), but the youth system has really dried up of late.

It could just be because my squad is a lot better and the stars are relative to this though.

Has your success had any bearings on the Welsh regens/national team? Are they getting any better?

Wales are ranked 18 at the moment, which is the highest they have been for a while. Last year they were down at around 60.

They have made the European Championship every time since 2016 (losing the 2028 final to England on penalties!) and have made the group stages of the World Cup every time since 2022.

The improved league reputation must be a factor but the players themselves don't look significantly better than at the start.

Caersws - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2043/44

We were aiming for a repeat of the clean sweep of two years ago.

League Table - not our greatest season.

Domestic Cups - no slip ups this year.

UEFA Super Cup - very one sided.

FIFA Club World Cup - another one sided final.

UEFA Champions League - Juventus gave us a bit of trouble in the group stage but it was Inter who upset us in the final.

Transfers - just one transfer, but it was a stroke of genius.

Squad - it is almost impossible to improve this squad.

Finances - a decent profit for once.

Key Player Profiles:

John Roberts - another superb season.

Martyn Bean - I nearly sold him last season.

Ahmed Cissé - superb, but suffered a bad injury.

Ron Bater - one of the stars of the youth system.

Tommy Smyth - the young striker is impressing.

Career Overview

2014/15   10th        
2016/17   2nd         
2018/19   2nd         
2020/21   2nd
2022/23   1st         
2042/43   1st         Welsh Cup and Champions League winners, CWC finalists
2043/44   1st         League Cup, Welsh Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists

Next Season

The aim is simple, win the Champions League.

Archived