Clwb Pêl Droed Caersws

dafuge

Very fast progress. I wouldn't be surprised if you finish 1st next season. Still, is it even possible against the best club in Europe?

The board have given me £5.25m to spend, which isn't quite what I was hoping for.

With a few new players I think we could overtake Caersws, Porthcawl might take a bit longer though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a great thread this is and a fantastic career. It keeps me busy at work looking at the weekend updates.

What has happened to Seven Sisters in the league?

As my spell there was relatively short, I didn't really leave them with much to keep them going in the long term (like a huge stadium). Unfortunately they have struggled with the finances and just become another midtable club in the league.

Barry Town United - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2103/04

After a superb 3rd placed finish, I was hopeful of challenging for the title this season.

League Table - we were well off the pace of the leaders and with 4th place secured I couldn't wait for the season to finish. We lost seven of our final eight league games.

Domestic Cups - we made it to a cup final, but lost.

UEFA Champions League - we did well to get out of the group, but then fell just short in the next round.

Transfers - I didn't get the financial backing I was hoping for to improve the squad, but I did manage a couple of good free transfers.

Squad - far to many poor players who believe they should be in the first team. I have lots of work to do to improve this squad.

Finances - the sponsorship helped us to make a profit, so hopefully I'll get a bit more to spend next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Inigo - the fact a midfielder was our top scorer says it all about my strikers.

Michal Deja - 22 goals last season, 8 this time. The 3 month injury has ruined him.

David Marsh - one of the successful new signings.

Thomas Ryan - another great new signing, but found himself filling in at centre back.

Pascal Diallo - found a bit of form, which might help me get some money for him.

Career Overview

Season    Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2101/02   8th
2102/03   3rd
2103/04   4th

Next Season

As long as we keep qualifying for the Champions League I'll be happy, as it looks like it will take a bit longer to build a squad capable of challenging for the title.

how often do you play getting threw game that quick. and where is you next adventure going to be in fm15?

In a normal working week I only get to play at the weekends, but I play quickly so I can usually get through a season and a bit in that time.

I've not really made my mind up about FM15. I'm tempted to go back to my own challenge again.

Barry Town United - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2104/05

The tycoon owner didn't splash the cash as expected, so progress hadn't been as fast as I had hoped. We were still well short of the title challengers.

League Table - 3rd place is good enough, but the gap to the top is looking huge.

Domestic Cups - two of my previous clubs knocked us out in the cups.

UEFA Champions League - a superb season which looked like it would have the perfect ending after going a goal up in the final, before slipping to defeat.

Transfers - mostly just free transfers, but I was able to sign a few decent players.

Squad - it is getting there, but we still have too many weak positions.

Finances - we keep making a profit thanks to the sponsorship.

Key Player Profiles:

Wilmer Otero - the new striker had a brilliant season.

Michal Deja - had a good season as the backup striker.

David Marsh - another great season.

Matija Ban - an impressive new signing.

Thomas Ryan - Caersws have been after this right back.

Career Overview

2101/02   8th
2102/03   3rd
2103/04   4th         League Cup finalists
2104/05   3rd         Champions League finalists

Next Season

Qualification for the Champions League remains the aim, while hopefully improving the squad to eventually mount a title challenge.

Barry Town United - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2105/06

With an appearance in the Champions League final we were looking to go one batter and win it.

League Table - we took the title on the final day of the season as Caersws only managed a draw with Porthcawl.

Domestic Cups - we lost to one of my old clubs in extra time in the final of the Welsh Cup.

UEFA Champions League - we stumbled our way to the final, where we were shown up by my former club Caersws.

Transfers - finally we got to splash the cash.

Squad - we have a great first XI, we just need to improve the squad.

Finances - another 'convenient' sponsorship deal sorted out our finances.

Key Player Profiles:

Wilmer Otero - top scorer again.

Matija Ban - he played a key role as the AMC.

Nelson Ah Kong - an exotic new striker who played on the wing.

Thomas Ryan - a brilliant right back.

Christian Scholz - our record signing.

Career Overview

2101/02   8th
2102/03   3rd
2105/06   1st         Welsh Cup and Champions League finalists

Next Season

Retaining the league title is our aim.

Great title win! And a striker from Seychelles certainly is exotic :eek:. What club did he start at?

How has Thomas Ryan not won an England cap! And how is Adrian Turner looking nowadays?

He came through the youth system at Lens, he was a bargain at £7.25m.

Adrian Turner - I'm amazed I've kept him this long, but he will be leaving at the end of the season.

Yet another fantastic achievement. What are your short and long term plans?

In the short term I want to win the Champions League and just have a bit of fun spending the tycoon's money.

I don't really have a long term plan, I don't have a huge amount of time to play at the moment and with FM15 just a few weeks away I'm guessing I will only manage a few more seasons.

Plow through and do a 100 years of management? You could manage that in a the week or so before the Beta. Just take it to school.

I have half term the week after next, so there might be a chance of reaching 100 years.

It's not something I'm really fussed about though, so I'd imagine I'll fall just a few years short.

As I said before, once you end your career, I'd gladly holiday through another 100 seasons with at least 6-7 other top leagues loaded. The question is whether it's too late for other leagues to catch-up considering how dominant Welsh clubs are at the moment.

That's one of the reasons why I don't start my career games anymore without top 5 nations loaded.

I think the other leagues could easily catch up and end the dominance of the Welsh league if you remove me as a manager. It's only Caersws that look like they could be competitive in Europe in the long term, Porthcawl (and probably Barry) will fade away like Seven Sisters did. Bangor made a push without my influence, but they are looking like a mid table team now.

I suspect La Liga would be the one to take advantage, they are level with Wales in terms of reputation and have Real/Barca who have been doing better in the rankings recently.

I have half term the week after next, so there might be a chance of reaching 100 years.

It's not something I'm really fussed about though, so I'd imagine I'll fall just a few years short.

I'm sort of hoping that the Beta will be here just in time for half-term.

Barry Town United - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2106/07

With the chairman finally splashing the cash, I had the chance to build a world beating squad to challenge for every trophy.

League Table - it was close, but we just about did enough to retain the title. Elsewhere, there was a shock relegation for former Champions League winners Port Talbot.

Domestic Cups - it took extra time, but finally we beat Caersws to a cup double.

UEFA Champions League - our only defeat came at the hands of Legia as we edged out rivals Caersws in the final.

Transfers - this transfer window was so much fun.

Squad - a brilliantly balanced squad, to be improved by the addition of a new striker joining on a free next season.

Finances - still loads of money, thanks to the sponsorship.

Key Player Profiles:

Wilmer Otero - top scorer again.

Marek Stefanik - a brilliant new winger.

Leif Timm - another brilliant new winger.

Roy van de Kraan - great competition for the right back place.

Nelson Ah Kong - losing his place, but still superb.

Career Overview

2101/02   8th
2102/03   3rd
2105/06   1st         Welsh Cup and Champions League finalists
2106/07   1st         League Cup, Welsh Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

We won everything we entered which seems like a perfect way to end to my career. If the beta arrives before the weekend, I will have played my last season.

Hats off, the best career thread ever. Sadly, there is no screenshot with competition winners sorted by number of titles.

If this was really your last season, it could have ended even more interesting - your early rivals TNS were so close to relegation.

Maybe you could post CL and EL past winners screen, just to check what was happening in Europe over last few decades. Also club coefficients screen.

Fantastic career! Any chance of uploading the save somewhere? Would love to have a poke around in your game world, though I understand if you don't want to :D.

If not, could I see a screenshot of the Australian national team squad and a couple of their best players? :thup:

Hats off, the best career thread ever. Sadly, there is no screenshot with competition winners sorted by number of titles.

If this was really your last season, it could have ended even more interesting - your early rivals TNS were so close to relegation.

Maybe you could post CL and EL past winners screen, just to check what was happening in Europe over last few decades. Also club coefficients screen.

Champions League winners

Europa League winners

Coefficients

If there are any more requests, fire away.

Can I ask how you manage to keep players worth 62M on only 42k a week happy? It doesn't make sense to me. Surely they'd much rather go to clubs spending more on player wages.

There's not a lot of money in the Welsh league, so the players don't really make huge demands when negotiating new contracts. I also try and offer a lot of bonuses, so I usually pay them a lot more than it appears.

Still, you wonder why other big clubs don't try and unsettle them when they can offer so much more.

You won't be running any more seasons now that FM 15 beta is out?

Are you willing to share the save, so I can run 100 more seasons with more leagues loaded?

Not unless there is any reason for me to wait for the full release to get going on my FM15 save.

I'll upload it as soon as I'm certain that I won't be returning to it.

Could I see a history of Middlesbrough's league positions if you don't mind? Any plans for what you are going to do for this year's FM?

I didn't have the English leagues loaded, so the full detail isn't there but here they are:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

I'm planning on taking part in my challenge, but I've not really got any long term plans. I'm jus going to play and see what happens!

Archived