Clwb Pêl Droed Caersws

dafuge

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How's the Wales national team? By now the clubs should have produced decent players.

Ranked 59th at the moment (it was as low as 83), but that is because they missed out on qualifying for World Cup 2090 and they are co-hosting Euro 2092 with Scotland.

The squad has a few decent players, but just 6/21 of them are playing for Welsh clubs.

Porthcawl Town - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2091/92

With Champions League football, the club is making huge strides. This season we were aiming for the tile.

League Table - we came so close, but missed out on the final day as Bangor won their game in hand. Like last season, we led the league but struggled after the split.

Domestic Cups - no final this year, but we made a couple of semis, losing to my former clubs in both.

UEFA Champions League - we made it one stage further than last season, but threw it away at home to PSG.

Transfers - like last season, the players I'm signing are quality.

Squad - room for improvement, but we have a decent squad capable of a title challenge.

Finances - no money worries thanks to the Champions League.

Key Player Profiles:

Boban Kraljevic - top scorer again.

Mitchell Woodman - he was signed as cover, but he may start next season.

Niall Bradley - a stunning signing.

Ali Hossam - a brilliant left back.

Tommy Rosenqvist - an experienced defender.

Career Overview

Season    Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2083/84   10th         
2084/85   10th         
2085/86   9th         
2086/87   10th         
2087/88   6th         
2088/89   7th         
2089/90   4th         Welsh Cup finalists
2090/91   2nd         League Cup finalists
2091/92   2nd         

Next Season

We have to aim for the title next season, although I will need a few more signings if we are to challenge for multiple trophies.

It's interesting to see that Bangor emerged as real force in Wales and Europe without your (direct) influence. Seven Sisters will soon be fighting to avoid relegation. :D

Snapping such brilliant youngster as Bradley from EPL clubs just proves how much WPL has progressed.

Really nice progress daf, have to say it is totally expected by now!

Agree with yugo that it is fun that Bangor has emerged as a major force just through diffusion of money and rep in the league :)

Agree with yugo that it is fun that Bangor has emerged as a major force just through diffusion of money and rep in the league :)

Definitely, it is great to see a team I have not managed doing so well.

Just a shame that the AI could not continue what I started at Seven Sisters.

Tom Jacobson seems just a bit worse than Tim Evans, I doubt there will be any significant decline. Walker lacks tactical knowledge, and it's funny that he has knowledge about Chile. Maybe he spent his honeymoon there. :D

Porthcawl Town - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2092/93

After finishing second behind Bangor twice now, could we finally chase them down and win the title?

League Table - Bangor were terrible, but unfortunately for us Caersws were back to their best. We chased them all the way but lost out in the final two games.

Domestic Cups - the League Cup became my first trophy at the club.

UEFA Champions League - we were incredibly inconsistent, but the big wins were enough to see us into the final, which ended in predictable fashion.

Transfers - I spent money on a player for the first time, I also picked up a new striker on a free transfer.

Squad - plenty of great players but too many weak spots. I think three new first team players would be enough.

Finances - plenty of money, which hopefully I will get to spend soon.

Key Player Profiles:

Mitchell Woodman - he was given a chance to lead the line and he took it.

Boban Kraljevic - barely got a game, but still showed great form.

Niall Bradley - a bad injury cost us at the end of the season.

Martin Wozniak - a great season for the midfielder.

Oliver Lawson - he's still young, but he's looking like a great player already.

Career Overview

2083/84   10th         
2084/85   10th         
2085/86   9th         
2086/87   10th         
2087/88   6th         
2088/89   7th         
2091/92   2nd         
2092/93   2nd         League Cup winners

Next Season

With a few new players I think we can win the league, but it will be hard work finding the players I need.

Are Caersws and the other big Welsh clubs still restricting themselves mainly to signings from within the UK, or are they looking further afield now?

Also I see you have an Australian international (though it seems he started as English). What club did he come from? Could I see screenshots of his attributes and history pages, if it's not too much trouble? :)

Once again, keep up the good work dafuge! I enjoy following your careers immensely, though I don't comment often. :thup:

Could we see a screenshot of your overall best Xl dafuge?

Also, when you are done with the save, have you considered holidaying for a while to see how the Welsh League holds up over the next X number of years? I imagine it would be interesting to see if it's now a 'permanent' force in European football or if the league will eventually just return to its former self after a long period of purely AI managers.

Are Caersws and the other big Welsh clubs still restricting themselves mainly to signings from within the UK, or are they looking further afield now?

Also I see you have an Australian international (though it seems he started as English). What club did he come from? Could I see screenshots of his attributes and history pages, if it's not too much trouble? :)

Once again, keep up the good work dafuge! I enjoy following your careers immensely, though I don't comment often. :thup:

I have seen the odd one from elsewhere, but otherwise they are still restricting themselves to signing players from clubs in the UK. You can see what I mean on the transfers page for this season.

Jason Kamasz - history. He's never really been a first team regular, more of a handy squad player.

Great defender, still I don't see the reason why they released him. His wage is still quite low.

It is an odd one. Their top earner is on £78k p/w and the club was still in Serie A (he even spent a year with them in Serie B).

Could we see a screenshot of your overall best Xl dafuge?

Also, when you are done with the save, have you considered holidaying for a while to see how the Welsh League holds up over the next X number of years? I imagine it would be interesting to see if it's now a 'permanent' force in European football or if the league will eventually just return to its former self after a long period of purely AI managers.

Best XI - it is mostly the team from a few years ago that took us into the top half.

Caersws Best XI - this one is a bit more interesting, all but one are players I signed.

I hadn't planned on doing that as I usually go straight from one version to the next, but it would be interesting. I think the league could stay at the top for a while, clubs like Caersws and Bangor have done well without my management. In the very long term though I think clubs like Bangor will fall behind, Caersws are the only club that I think will stay on top.

Porthcawl Town - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2093/94

With Caersws back to their best, winning the title wasn't as easy as we were hoping it would be.

League Table - we lost ground on Caersws, mostly down to a lack of squad depth when we suffered a few injuries.

Domestic Cups - we retained our League Cup.

UEFA Champions League - we blasted our way through the group stage followed by two wins against Spanish opposition before finally getting one over Caersws. The final was fairly one sided, but we struggled to an historic win.

Transfers - the transfers this year were brilliant as I managed to strengthen every position needed.

Squad - squad depth is the major issue, we have a great first eleven but not a lot beyond that.

Finances - a fairly big loss, but we've still got plenty of money left.

Key Player Profiles:

Mitchell Woodman - top scorer, but poor compared to last season.

Artem Kolesnikov - had a great debut season in the AMC position.

Niall Bradley - amazing yet again.

Ali Hossam - a brilliant left back, but missed a total of five months injured.

Davide Sinigaglia - somehow managed to outshine his defensive partner Christopher.

Career Overview

2083/84   10th         
2084/85   10th         
2085/86   9th         
2086/87   10th         
2087/88   6th         
2088/89   7th         
2091/92   2nd         
2093/94   2nd         League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season

Winning the league title is our only aim for next season.

Once again, amazing achievement. In case you win the title next year, are you going to resign immediately?

TNS seem to be closer to relegation every year. Btw, Sinigaglia seems to be a formidable force at the defence. Very tall at 6 ft 5, yet weights not that much - 14 st 0 lbs. Still, his strength is 20, he must be practicing some martial arts at his spare time.

Once again, amazing achievement. In case you win the title next year, are you going to resign immediately?

TNS seem to be closer to relegation every year. Btw, Sinigaglia seems to be a formidable force at the defence. Very tall at 6 ft 5, yet weights not that much - 14 st 0 lbs. Still, his strength is 20, he must be practicing some martial arts at his spare time.

I'm not really sure. After seeing the fast decline of Seven Sisters I'm wondering if I should spend a few more years at the club before leaving.

Porthcawl Town - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2094/95

With the Champions League win last season, this time we wanted the league title.

League Table - we did it with ease, only really dropping points near the end when resting players. Great to see Seven Sisters back in the Champions League too.

Domestic Cups - not a great season for the cups.

UEFA Super Cup - a narrow win for us in our debut.

FIFA Club World Cup - this one was a bit more one sided.

UEFA Champions League - we were looking unbeatable until we met the Welsh clubs. Despite that, we made a second final but it did not go our way.

Transfers - a huge profit and some great players, this was another great year for transfers.

Squad - the squad depth is getting there, but we could do with a few more players.

Finances - loads of money.

Key Player Profiles:

Mitchell Woodman - top scorer again, but he's not the player he was a couple of years ago.

Martin Wozniak - he made a great claim for his place in his side, but finished the season with an injury.

Niall Bradley - another great season for the winger.

Milovan Kodzo - an amazing free transfer, we were lucky to get him.

Christopher - the beast.

Career Overview

2083/84   10th         
2084/85   10th         
2085/86   9th         
2086/87   10th         
2087/88   6th         
2088/89   7th         
2091/92   2nd         
2093/94   2nd         League Cup and Champions League winners
2094/95   1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists

Next Season

Losing the final was a huge blow, next season I'll be looking to do the double.

Your transfers, squad and finances images link to the previous season's. :)

Excellent season winning the title! Amazing the quality of players you've been picking up on free transfers. :D

Thanks for pointing that out, I've no idea how that happened. I even remember taking the screenshots :confused:

I must admit, I've been surprised with the free transfers. I'm sure it wasn't like this with Caersws or Seven Sisters at this stage.

Archived