Clwb Pêl Droed Caersws

dafuge

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oui, that must have hurt. Still, you are professional now and surely it's just a matter of time before you reclaim the top3 spot. When do you reckon you should be able to challenge for the title?

Oui, that must have hurt. Still, you are professional now and surely it's just a matter of time before you reclaim the top3 spot. When do you reckon you should be able to challenge for the title?

Unfortunately I don't think winning the title will be quite the challenge I was hoping it would be.

Here's why:

Caersws in 2068 (when I left them)

Caersws in 2072 (now)

Their transfers have been awful since I left, with no effort made to improve the squad or replace older players with younger ones. They have limited themselves to buying from the UK, then usually selling them soon as they are the worst players in the squad. They will be in trouble once players start retiring.

Unfortunately I don't think winning the title will be quite the challenge I was hoping it would be.

Here's why:

Caersws in 2068 (when I left them)

Caersws in 2072 (now)

Their transfers have been awful since I left, with no effort made to improve the squad or replace older players with younger ones. They have limited themselves to buying from the UK, then usually selling them soon as they are the worst players in the squad. They will be in trouble once players start retiring.

]

It's a real shame that the AI managers can't at least maintain your success for a little bit longer :(

I've been enjoying this thread a lot, shame to see that Caersws are being managed poorly. Is their manager anybody notable? Also, I've been wondering if it might be possible to take an MLS team and the USMNT to make them the biggest club and national team in the world, without the help of the UEFA Champions League. Seems like something that would provide a proper challenge for you...

I've been enjoying this thread a lot, shame to see that Caersws are being managed poorly. Is their manager anybody notable? Also, I've been wondering if it might be possible to take an MLS team and the USMNT to make them the biggest club and national team in the world, without the help of the UEFA Champions League. Seems like something that would provide a proper challenge for you...

Caersws are managed by Flávio, who was a coach at the club wen I left. At the time I thought it was a pretty poor appointment.

As far as I know, continental reputation is not dynamic, so I don't think it would be possible to compete with the European clubs with a side from the MLS.

Seven Sisters - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2072/73

Last season we secured a top half finish, but this season we were looking to improve on that as a professional club.

League Table - we were looking good for a European spot, but slipped into the bottom half just before the split.

Domestic Cups - not a priority.

UEFA Europa League - our only defeat was against the weakest team we faced. The final was about as dramatic as it gets.

Transfers - one big money transfer, and a load of free transfers.

Squad - the squad still has a mix of full and part timers, but this will have to change next season.

Finances - the Europa League money made this season.

Key Player Profiles:

Sune Kristensen - a stunning striker.

Lloyd Davies - one of the players to keep his place in the team from last season.

Alex Black - a brilliant winger.

Niclas Jensen - another one of the super Danes.

Elvis Benic - a solid midfielder.

Career Overview

Season    Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2069/70   10th         
2070/71   9th         
2071/72   6th         
2072/73   7th         Europa League winners

Next Season

Winning the Europa League was an unexpected surprise, but we really need to be finishing in the top half next season.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speechless. That is just so...wrong. You were not even supposed to qualify for EL with those players.

First trophy ever for 7S - Europa League winners. :D

Seven Sisters - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2073/74

As we became a full professional club, I made the most of the new scouting knowledge to improve the squad.

League Table - qualifying for the Champions league was a huge step for us.

Domestic Cups - we made it to a cup final, but lost to Caersws.

UEFA Super Cup - we did well to keep the score down to two.

UEFA Europa League - we pulled another rabbit out of the hat, as we made the unlikely achievement of retaining the Europa League.

Transfers - this was a huge year for us as we brought the squad to another level.

Squad - still room for improvement, but the squad is so much stronger than last season.

Finances - this money won't be here for long.

Key Player Profiles:

Sune Kristensen - top scorer again, but he's one of the weaker players in the first team.

Alan Free - a superb signing, who cost us nothing.

Callum Wallace - another new signing who has impressed.

Robson - the record signing.

Ken Belling - another great winger.

Career Overview

2069/70   10th         
2070/71   9th         
2071/72   6th         
2073/74   3rd         Europa League winners, League Cup finalists

Next Season

Playing in the Champions League could give us the financial boost to get a bit closer to Caersws.

New Stadium Announced

I hadn't been expecting this, but we have been selling out the old ground which is owned by our feeder club :D

Such a shame it wasn't named after me, there could have been two in the same league :(

That would be a great challenge once you dominate with Seven Sisters, try to get a dafuge stadium in every WPL team.

Although this might take some time :D

Seven Sisters - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2074/75

With two successive Europa League trophies, it was time for us to test ourselves on the biggest stage, the Champions League.

League Table - we seem to establish ourselves as the third best team.

Domestic Cups - we were great, until we met Caersws.

UEFA Super Cup - Caersws again.

UEFA Champions League - despite a great start, we were knocked out from a tough group. Our Europa League defence ended with a dreadful second leg.

Transfers - not a lot of action as it becomes harder to improve the squad.

Squad - plenty of improvements to be made, but we don't really have the cash.

Finances - looks good, but it is not sustainable without the Champions League money.

Key Player Profiles:

Sune Kristensen - top scorer again, despite better competition for his place.

Ian Pugh - the new striker.

Kieron Grifiths - a superb signing.

Niclas Jensen - still holding on to his place in the team.

Mitchell Burton - a great midfielder who hopefully will improve.

Career Overview

2069/70   10th         
2070/71   9th         
2071/72   6th         
2074/75   3rd         Welsh Cup and League Cup finalists

Next Season

Qualifying for the Champions League is the main aim, but finishing 2nd is our next target.

It seems they haven't declined after all.

They dropped off a bit when I left, but they seem to be as strong now as they were when I was there.

Over half the squad are the players I bought though, so it will be interesting to see how they do once they retire.

Seven Sisters - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2075/76

With two Europa League titles, it was about time we won something on the domestic front.

League Table - Caersws are still miles ahead, but we are closing the gap to 2nd.

Domestic Cups - as usual, we are losing to the two bigger clubs.

UEFA Champions League - despite a shaky group stage, we hit form in the knockout stages including this spectacular win over Real Madrid. The final was closer than expected, but ended in cruel fashion.

Transfers - not a huge amount of action as it becomes harder to afford players who will improve the squad.

Squad - no obvious weak spots, but the squad isn't up to the likes of Caersws yet.

Finances - the facilities are gradually improving, which is taking up a lot of the finances at the moment.

Key Player Profiles:

Ian Pugh - top scorer, but he lost his place in the team later on in the season.

Mike Barmby - the new striker, who may get shifted into midfield at some point.

Alex Black - a player who has kept his place in the team despite new signings.

Kieron Griffiths - a classy midfielder.

Mitchell Burton - probably our best player.

Career Overview

2069/70   10th         
2070/71   9th         
2071/72   6th         
2075/76   3rd         League Cup and Champions League finalists

Next Season

The progress we made in Europe was unreal, I can't see us repeating that. Unfortunately it is the same team who beat us in that final that is challenging us for 2nd place in the league. With a new stadium due next month, next season could be huge for the club.

Seven Sisters - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2076/77

With a Champions League final appearance last season, any improvement on that would be unbelievable.

League Table - sneaking into 2nd place was a huge achievement.

Domestic Cups - we had a huge result as we beat Caersws in the final of the Welsh Cup.

UEFA Champions League - PSG caused us problems in the group stage, but we got our revenge in the quarter finals. In a copy of last season, we beat Real Madrid in the semis then lost to a Welsh club in the final.

Transfers - I spent big on a decent goalie.

Squad - I think we are four players short of a title winning first team.

Finances - looks good, but we made a loss this season.

Key Player Profiles:

Mike Barmby - top scorer, but he hasn't impressed.

Ian Pugh - started to win his place back.

Alex Black - still doing well.

Kieron Griffiths - a great midfielder.

Marc Stucki - an amazing free transfer.

Career Overview

2069/70   10th         
2070/71   9th         
2071/72   6th         
2075/76   3rd         League Cup and Champions League finalists
2076/77   2nd         Welsh Cup winners and Champions League finalists

Next Season

Our next aim is a big one, either the league title or the Champions League.

Archived