Clwb Pêl Droed Caersws

dafuge

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like I've got a bot of luck. One of the promoted teams is Barry Town, who haven't played in the Premier League since 2004.

We are no longer the only semi-pro club in the league.

Has the rep of the lower unplayable welsh leagues increased?

I don't know how far you are into summer, but do you have a feeling squad will be much better for next season?

I've just started the new season. Played two lost two but in our highest league position ever of 9th :D

The squad is loads better than last season, but blown my budget so there are a few positions that are a bit weak.

Too bad it isn't a tycoon. Very nice form lately, I bet you have pretty much secured your Premier division spot for next year. 15 points already, and Airbus were relegated last year with 20.

does your TV money improve or sponsorships? or is the only money from sales and Europe?

Just asking as fancy doing something similar on my save with N.Ireland

TV money increases gradually, but not by enough to make a difference. Player sales in the biggest earner, but that only happens when you are a big club.

From Young Men to World Beaters - here is my attempt in NI on FM11.

Too bad it isn't a tycoon. Very nice form lately, I bet you have pretty much secured your Premier division spot for next year. 15 points already, and Airbus were relegated last year with 20.

I followed that run with four consecutive defeats, we are back in 11th now

Looks a bit unrealistic that the lower league reputation hasn't increased more over time. I do wonder if that could be related to the original reputation growing proportionally.

Looks a bit unrealistic that the lower league reputation hasn't increased more over time. I do wonder if that could be related to the original reputation growing proportionally.

It is a bit silly. Still, it has given a pretty unique challenge.

TV money increases gradually, but not by enough to make a difference. Player sales in the biggest earner, but that only happens when you are a big club.

From Young Men to World Beaters - here is my attempt in NI on FM11.

cheers, already into mid 2050's on my save its going to an extension of that soon i think, will be a decent challenge :)

Seven Sisters - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2070/71

Last season we managed to beat the drop, despite being the only semi-pro club in the league. This season we looked to do it again.

League Table - we managed to gain a place on last season, beating the drop with games to spare. Barry Town set a new record for goals conceded, I will miss them next season.

Domestic Cups - we had a decent run in the Welsh Cup, but came unstuck against TNS.

Transfers - I splashed out in order to improve the squad.

Squad - the squad is a lot better than last season, but with a few players leaving I just need to hope I can replace them.

Finances - a big loss due to the transfers, this might be a problem for next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Glen McKeever - the new striker, with a decent scoring record.

Michael Bond - made a return to the club, but struggled with fitness.

Daniel Holland - improved on last season, but lacks the quality of McKeever.

Chris Morgan - leaving when his contract expires, he will be a big loss.

Michael Bell - one of the big money signings.

Career Overview

Season    Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2069/70   10th         
2070/71   9th         

Next Season

Next season is likely to be another similar relegation battle, but I'm hoping a board takeover might give us the finances to change that.

Something weird has just happened.

TNS and Port Talbot have both failed the financial fair play rules and have lost their spots in the Champions League.

Rhyl (finished 5th) got one of them, we got the other :D

It means we will get to play a best placed playoff match, putting us in the Europa League group stage if we lose.

:eek: Did that ever happen before? JUst imagine if you somehow qualify for Champions League, as semi-pro team. :D

It's the first time it has happened, really odd that two clubs failed at the same time.

It'll ruin our coefficients :(

Wow :D Surprised to see TNS and Port Talbot failed the financial fair play rules :D

Nice to see the club getting the boost with money from playing Champions League play off and Europa League.

Seven Sisters - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2071/72

After escaping relegation twice, I was hoping to make it three with my semi-pro cub.

League Table - we found ourselves the right side of the split on the last day, which guaranteed us 6th despite the beatings that followed.

Domestic Cups - we had a decent run in the Welsh Cup.

UEFA Europa League - 8/8, but it made a huge difference to our finances.

Transfers - we spent big with our money from Europe.

Squad - getting better, but still loads of room for improvement.

Finances - enough to turn pro.

Key Player Profiles:

Danny Murphy - top scorer, but nothing special.

Michael Bond - a player who has been here from the start.

Ross Harrison - a decent winger.

Lloyd Davies - one of our best players, but hasn't quite found form yet.

Marcelinho - an exciting signing from my old club.

Career Overview

Season    Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2069/70   10th         
2070/71   9th         
2071/72   6th         

Next Season

The club is due to turn pro for the start of next season, so hopefully that will improve the quality of players I can attract to the club.

Archived