Clwb Pêl Droed Caersws

dafuge

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I expected, FM engine has gone crazy after all those years. Not a single Brazilian national team player in any of top 10 or even 20 current European top clubs.

Porthcawl, PAOK and Marseille were in the top 10 last time the coefficients were posted...

I meant irl top 10 clubs at the start of the game.

That's like asking why there are no Brazilian national team players playing for the likes of 'The Wednesday', Huddersfield or Preston these days..

No, they were as pathetic as it gets, 90% of seasons they lost in Second qualifying phase, and 10% in Third q.p.

Also, there were not unusual Champions league winners in this quick holiday save, apart from Athletic Bilbao who won it three times, and are currently top club in Europe. Also, no likes of PAOK anywhere near top 20.

I hope daf doesn't mind that I posted this here, I am just trying to shorten the wait for the next update, as well to get as much info how FM engine behaves on the long run.

Awesome, so TNS finished once outside the top 3 in all those years. With that level of dominance have they improved in Europe or do they still go out in the qualifying rounds? Also Bangor must be a little sick of second place.

Bangor is the Welsh Neverkusen!

Porthcawl Town - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2099/00

We are well and truly a major force now, so we were looking to win everything possible.

League Table - so close to a perfect season, but we dropped points to Bangor and Caersws.

Domestic Cups - finally we completed a domestic cup double.

UEFA Super Cup - it was one sided, but the scoreline flattered us.

FIFA Club World Cup - another very one sided match.

UEFA Champions League - a unbeaten season, although we struggled away from home. The final was settled with two late goals.

Transfers - older players were replaced with younger ones, for a profit.

Squad - it will be very hard to improve this squad.

Finances - a tiny profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Luis Seccafién - his best season yet.

Eddie Pearce - a great season for the winger.

Sahin Ustel - an amazing backup striker.

Indio - he's expensive, but worth it.

Fernando Rodríguez - he could be the one to replace Christopher.

Career Overview

Season    Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2083/84   10th         
2084/85   10th         
2085/86   9th         
2086/87   10th         
2087/88   6th         
2088/89   7th         
2089/90   4th         Welsh Cup finalists
2090/91   2nd         League Cup finalists
2091/92   2nd         
2092/93   2nd         League Cup winners
2093/94   2nd         League Cup and Champions League winners
2094/95   1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2095/96   1st         Champions League winners and Welsh Cup finalists
2096/97   1st         CWC and Welsh Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2097/98   1st         Champions League winners
2098/99   1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2099/00   1st         League Cup, Welsh Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

The tycoon seems to have disappeared, so it looks like a consortium will take over the club at some point. Hopefully that will increase our chances of getting a new stadium.

In my FM14 saves 99% of the consortiums haven't done anything. I had one that improved the training facilities and injected 1m I think but other than that I've seen consortium takeovers every single week (some fail, some don't) and no cash injection, no improvements, no nothing.

If you hover over the radio icon it should give you more information about why its greyed out (I guess you probably already know this)

Out of interest do you get lots of bids for your players from the other teams in Europe?

Before the takeover, the option to expand was greyed as the stadium was at it's limit but the option to build a new one was available.

Now the option to expand is greyed out as 'the board request has already been approved' and the new build is greyed out because they are 'planning to expand the stadium'.

Either the board has decided to go ahead with an expansion that wasn't possible or it has decided to build a new one. Either way, they haven't told me what the plan is :confused:

As for bids, I get bids when trying to sell players but not enough other than that. Bids do come in, but not even close to the number I think should.

Porthcawl Town - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2100/01

With a new board taking over the club and a hint of some kind of stadium upgrade, my time at the club is definitely coming to an end soon.

League Table - we threw a few games away but won the league with ease.

Domestic Cups - we slipped up in the League Cup but won the Welsh Cup.

UEFA Super Cup - unusual opponents, but a predictable scoreline.

FIFA Club World Cup - a win, but the scoreline flattered them.

UEFA Champions League - a perfect season, including a comfortable final win at Wembley.

Transfers - just one signing, replacing an older DM.

Squad - it is so difficult to improve this squad.

Finances - the finances are in decent shape.

Key Player Profiles:

Sahin Ustel - he made up for a poor season from Luis.

Luis Seccafién - a huge loss of form.

Iván Flores - not bad for my second choice AMC.

Davide Sinigaglia - 16 goals for a centre back!

Eddie Pearce - yet another brilliant season.

Career Overview

2083/84   10th         
2084/85   10th         
2085/86   9th         
2086/87   10th         
2087/88   6th         
2088/89   7th         
2089/90   4th         Welsh Cup finalists
2090/91   2nd         League Cup finalists
2091/92   2nd         
2092/93   2nd         League Cup winners
2093/94   2nd         League Cup and Champions League winners
2094/95   1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2095/96   1st         Champions League winners and Welsh Cup finalists
2096/97   1st         CWC and Welsh Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2097/98   1st         Champions League winners
2098/99   1st         CWC and Champions League winners
2099/00   1st         League Cup, Welsh Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2100/01   1st         Welsh Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

I've not signed a new contract yet, as I'm waiting to see what the board do with the stadium. If they announce a new one, I'll leave. If they announce an expansion I'll have a tough decision to make.

Great job at Porthcawl. A bit disappointed that you took over at Barry. You proved so many times that you can win everything starting without money, so I was hoping we'll get to see what AI is capable of with that kind of money.

I was hoping we'll get to see what AI is capable of with that kind of money.

That's actually part of my plan with the club.

I'm hoping this will be a short spell at the club, so I can leave someone else to take over with a decent squad and the backing of the tycoon owner.

Had I not taken the job, they would have continued to waste expensive wages on terrible British players as they had done over the last year or so.

I see that your transfer budget is not that big. Did the previous manager spend big during the summer?

Here's the spending for the last three years:

2099/00 - £0

2100/01 - £99.9k

2101/02 - £7.21m (summer only)

As usual, all the signings were from the UK/Ireland so a lot of them were overpriced and demanded big wages. The wages put the club 4th in annual salary after Caersws, Porthcawl and Bangor.

I wouldn't read too much into that; the screenshot is from December in game ;)
I saw that it's from December. When new manager takes over he gets initial budget minus what previous managers spent.

Apologies if this has already been covered but aren't you really really old in game now?! Does it not force retirement at a certain age?
There is no retirement age in the game. On previous versions you would just stop ageing at 100, but it seems the alternative now is to shift my year of birth back after a certain number of years. Feels a bit weird being born in 2026 ?

Barry Town United - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2101/02

In December I took on my fourth club in Wales in the tycoon owned Barry. I was hoping for quick success.

League Table - nothing spectacular, but we maintained our position throughout the season.

Domestic Cups - we did well to reach a semi final.

Transfers - the free transfers were my deals.

Squad - we have a few good players but there is plenty of scope for improvement.

Finances - not quite sure how I managed a profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Darren Turner - top scorer, but he's not a great striker.

Adrian Turner - looks like a decent winger.

Oliver Smith - a decent looking DM.

Charlie Scott - another decent looking DM.

Brent Doolan - a solid defender.

Career Overview

2101/02   8th

Next Season

We need to qualify for Europe, which may be decided by the playoffs.

Not bad at all. Please give us early info about your transfer budget, once new season starts.

They have initially given me a transfer budget of £17.52m, which should be far more than I can spend on the sorts of players who would be interested in joining us.

I started again on this thread yesterday and it inspired me to have a save in Wales myself, I did what you did and holidayed a year and ended up with Haverfordwest :D It's set up as the Gundo challenge for quickness so i'll probably post my progress there (not sure it's worth a thread in this section with it not being long until the next FM). But i'm already understanding a lot of your initial frustrations in terms of getting players in and to stay, as I had a pair of wingers and a center half up there with anything in the league when I took over but couldn't get them to sign contracts and off they went for free :(

I did end up with 5 or so of the players you signed too but I was quite lucky that Prestatyn and Newtown were relegated so I snatched a few of their players and TNS are having a dreadful season so far so it's us and Rhyl ahead of the rest :D Anyway, if I have a career in Wales even quarter as good as yours i'll be happy :)

But i'm already understanding a lot of your initial frustrations in terms of getting players in and to stay, as I had a pair of wingers and a center half up there with anything in the league when I took over but couldn't get them to sign contracts and off they went for free :(

I could understand players not signing contracts then moving on to bigger clubs, but the vast majority of them became free agents who could not find club who eventually retired at a young age. That was the worst bit.

Barry Town United - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2102/03

Following a mid tabled finish, it was time for me to pend some on the tycoon owners money and get this club up the league table.

League Table - we had a chance to take 2nd with a match at home against Caersws on the final day, but only managed a 1-1 draw. Still, a great season.

Domestic Cups - my old club beat us in the semi finals of both cups.

UEFA Europa League - it wasn't Porthcawl but it was another semi final defeat.

Transfers - I started by trying to improve with free transfers, but decided to splash out in January. I really should have spent that money earlier as it made a huge difference.

Squad - a huge improvement on last season, but I'm looking forward to strengthening further.

Finances - unsurprisingly there's no problem here, although that sponsorship deals helps.

Key Player Profiles:

Pascal Diallo - my main striker for the first half of the season.

Michal Deja - the new main man.

Darren Turner - one of the original players who is proving useful.

Shaun Gwyther - a decent winger.

Roger Gafarot - one of the impressive new signings.

Career Overview

2101/02   8th
2102/03   3rd

Next Season

Champions League football should take the club to the next level, so I'm looking forward to see what sort of transfer budget the chairman gives me.

Archived