FM14: Arsenal Thread - "Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent!"

llama3

I have signed a new contract and have a £61.2m war chest, so now to look at the squad for next season's assault.

GKeepers - Szczesny, Fabianksi

LB's - Sandro, Gibbs

RB's - Peruzzi, Jenkinson, Sagna

CB's - Balanta, Heintz, Koscielny

DMC's - L. Bender, S. Bender, Arteta

AMC's - Özil, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey

FWD/L - Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain

FWD/R - Walcott

ST's - Giroud, Vietto

This leaves me with Viviano (on loan), Monreal (wants to play every game), Flamini (as Monreal) and Rosicky (got nowhere to really play him) and I think these may be going. So I will be looking for another Keeper, LB, DMC and someone to cover for Walcott.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided I needed an extra centre back, so I managed to pick up Micah Richards for £6.25m, who will now offer competition for Koscielny, Mertesacker and Vermaelen. Also signed 18-year-old centre back Kurt Zouma for £8.5m, and loaned him straight back to AS Saint-Etienne, he should be useful in a year or two.

GK - Szczesny, Viviano (loan) & Fabianski

RB - Sagna/Jenkinson

CB - Mertesacker/Richards

CB - Koscielny/Vermaelen

LB - Monreal/Gibbs

MC - Arteta/Ramsey

MC - Flamini/Wilshere

AML - Podolski/Rosicky

AMC - Ozil/Cazorla

AMR - Walcott/Oxlade-Chamberlain

ST - Giroud/Klose/Bendtner

Didn't want to change much but felt it necessary to bring in an extra striker and an extra centre back. I'll give everyone a chance to show me what they've got and we'll see how we're doing come January. Hopefully will give a few of the youngsters some playing time too.

dam I accidently deleted the wrong save game:( all that work wasted(I was at the start of s3 -forgot to do a backup :() last ackup was in jan don't think I can be bothered to replay it - I'll sim it and see how we do

I feel for you ATB as I've done this myself but luckily I had only finished 1 season.

just finished pre-sesason. for 15/16 Campaign

thinking of switching to 4-2-2-2(wide) or 4-2-3-1 as last seasons tactic hasn't been very successful in pre season(but maybe it was cause i played mitrovic & lew instead of Giroud & lew guess i'll have to experiment)

in s2 I won PL & CL , Giroud top scorer with 26

Arsenal season 2 update – October

Champions League – ARSENAL 2-1 FC BASEL – Ozil 36 Koscielny 47 Balanta s/o 44 – Streller 73 Stocker s/o 2

Again it was blue shorts time for our second group game. Having lost against Valencia it was important to bounce back. Playing 3 games in 5 days and 120 minutes at Leicester plenty of players were missing. But still a front five of Insigne Ozil Cazorla Giroud and Vietto proved too strong but only just. Basel were down to ten men after just two minutes. It took at a while to score as chance after chance went by but Ozil who had a fantastic game finally gave us the lead. Balanta was then sent off for a harsh second yellow meaning it was all square again. In the second half Koscielny then headed home for a corner to double the lead but Streller pulled one back. Basel never looked likely to get the equaliser they didn’t deserve. Off the mark in the group stages.

Group standings: Valencia 6 Arsenal 3 Basel 3 Lazio 0

Premier League – WIGAN 0-1 ARSENAL – Ramis s/o 76 – Walcott 77pen

We had been conceding far too many goals of late so I thought it was time to shut up shop. We still created plenty of chances with Scott Carson outstanding in the Wigan goal. We created six ccc’s but only converted one. Ramis tripping Walcott in the area for the penalty who dispatched it. Very welcome clean sheet.

Premier League – ARSENAL 1-0 CARDIFF CITY – Ozil 78

After a international break we returned to play Cardiff at the Emriates. We were very poor in the first half and throughout the game. Although we created more chances than Cardiff they were full value for a point with Vermaelen picking up the man of the match award. Ozil with the winner. Two 1-0’s in a row heading to Lazio.

Champions League – LAZIO 1-3 ARSENAL – Scocco 36 - Lewandowski 20 Baines 63 Vermaelen 65

Second in the group we travelled to Rome and the Olimpico to take on Lazio. From start to finish we were outstanding. Lewandowski gave us the lead from a perfect Ozil pass and although Scocco got Lazio level they never looked like turning it around. A first goal for Baines and a toe poke from Vermaelen made it 3-1 and we saw it out. Seven clear cut chances in the match.

Group Standings: Valencia 7 Arsenal 6 Basel 4 Lazio 0

Premier League – ARSENAL 2-1 SOUTHAMPTON – Walcott 2 45 Balanta s/o 79 – Loveren 82

Vermaelen and Meretersacker were both missing but a Walcott brace was enough to get past Southampton. I paired him upfront with Lewandowski just to see what damage they could do. The result wasn’t much but we had taken a lead. With second half fizzling out into a routine 2-0 win Balanta got sent off. With only Alonso as a central midfielder on Southampton pulled a goal back and poured forward but couldn’t get the equaliser. A let off in the end.

League Cup 4th Round – PETERBEROUGH 1-3 ARSENAL – Kearns 54 - Giroud 18 Koscielny 54 Mertersacker 81

With the youngsters playing the day before I had no choice but name a strong side. We started very strongly. Wilshere hitting the bar very early on as we peppered their goals with shots. Eventually giroud headed in the opener on 18 minutes. In the second half Koscienly then doubled the lead. Peterborough then pulled one back straight away from their only shot of the game (At that stage we had 20). Giroud then headed against the bar before Mertersacker showed him how to do it to kill off the game with our 31st attempt. Liverpool, United and Spurs all knocked out.

League Table top 5

A draw in the Manchester derby meant we were top of the pile for the first time.

1. Arsenal Played 9 points 23

2. Man United Played 9 Points 21

3. Man City Played 9 points 21

4. West Ham Played 9 points 17

5. Stoke Played 9 points 17

--------------------------------

6. Tottenham played 9 points 17

7. Liverpool Played 9 Points 16

8. Chelsea Played 6 Points 13

Goalscorers

Walcott 6

Lewandowski 5

Insigne 4

Giroud 4

Viermaelen 3

Assists

Ozil 5

Gomez 4

Cazorla 3

Lewandowski 3

Schurrle 2

Average rating – minimum 5 games

Mertersacker 7.37

Vermaelen 7.26

Walcott 7.26

Insigne 7.21

Giroud 7.19

Player of the month – Per Mertersacker

A jump of 0.20 in his rating for the German. Walcott a close second.

CL – Basel – Not Selected

PL – Wigan – 7.5

PL – Cardiff – 7.6

CL – Lazio – 7.3

LC - Southampton – Not Selected

LC – Peterberough – 8.3(1)

Game of the month

West Ham 5-1 Liverpool - Enrique o.g Collison Dyer 3 – Gerrard (pen)

West Ham continue to surprise. Pick of the matches was thuis hammering ofLiverpool. Nathan Dyer with a hattrick.

Stat of the month

The Gatecrashers

As seen by the table and game of the month Its west Ham and Stoke that make up the top 5 not the usual pretenders. Both have been in great form.

West Ham have a better goal difference than we do!

4. West Ham – Played 9 Won 5 Drawn 2 Lost 2 GoalsFor 19 Goals Against 8 Points 17

5. Stoke City - Played 9 Won 5 Drawn 2 Lost 2 GoalsFor 18 Goals Against 11 Points 17

Notable Matches

West Ham – Liverpool (a) won 5-1 Swansea (a) Won 3-1 Southampton (a) won 2-1 Reading (h) won 5-0. Man City (h) lost 1-2 Tottenham (a) lost 0-2

Stoke – Chelsea (h) won 1-0 Liverpool (h) won 3-2 Man City (h) drew 1-1 Cardiff (a) won 4-1 Southampton (a) won 3-1 Wigan (h) 1-2 Reading (h) 0-1

Cups

In the cups West Ham lost to united in the 4th round. Stoke are still in it after beating Swansea on penalties.

Top scorers and ratings

Scorers (all comps)

West Ham – Crouch 6 Dyer 5 Nolan 2

Stoke City – Rhodes 9 Yarnalenko 4 Wilson 3

Av Rating

West Ham – Nolan 7.67 Rat 7.56 Tomkins 7.47

Stoke City – Rhondes 7.36 Adam 7.31 Astori 7.12

November League Fixtures

West Ham – Aston Villa (a) Nottingham Forrest (h) Newcastle (a) Norwich (a)

Stoke City – Tottenham (a) Aston Villa (a) Fulham (h) Newcastle (h)

Other News

League Cup fourth round news. Liverpool, Spurs and United all lost their heads. Liverpool losing 1-0 at home to Ipswich.

Quarter Final draw – Ipswich vs Arsenal

No home draws in the cup this season. Newcastle host Man City, Villa meet Stoke and Chelsea play Southampton.

Scott Parker won player of the month. Ben Davis was named young player. Nastasic unable to make it a hattrick only finishing third. For three wins out of three I won the manager award

Jordan Rhodes still leads the goalscoring charts with 8 goals. Shane Long on 7 Aguero on 6. Charlie Adam leads the assists with a pitiful 4. Top 3 in average ratings are all west ham players. Tomkins rat and Noble who leads the pack on 7.67.

In the other leagues PSG are still unbeaten in Ligue 1. They lead by 7 points. Hannover have overtaken Frankfurt to lead in Germany. Bayern are four behind with a game in hand. In Holland Heerenveen are still top on goal difference. Vitesse have played a game less though. Madrid and Barca are level in spain heading into the first clasico. In Italy Milan leads Juventus by a point.

Two own goals saw the Under 18’s beat Chelsea 3-1 in the second round of the cup. Regen Dereck Derbyshire with the third. They play Portsmouth next. The under21’s beat Southamton 5-3 to advance to the next round. A brace for Lord Nelson. They host Charlton. Both are doing relatively poorly in the league. Under 18’s in 5th after losing three in a row. Under 21’s in 9th.

Nelson update. He has 23 goals for the season after 9 in the month. Add to that 12 assists and 8 man of the match awards.

November Preview

After a pretty obliging October it turns to Nasty November. Lazio and Valencia in the champions League, The first Noth London derby at the Emirates and a trip to the Etihad.

what is wrong with the ai transfer offers? giroud scored 19(8 assists) in 40 in s1 & 26 in 50(6 assists) in s 2(and who value is 12.75m) Napoli have now come in with an offer of 10m but only 1.3m is upfront the rest is monthly instalments(6.5m/30 months) and league goals based. How insulting is that?

bf097613-79f4-453c-843f-72bbde684679_zps6e4bc9d1.jpg

Pre-Season/August Report

Arsenal1_zps4f16f5d2.jpg

Arsenal3_zpscba0e21f.jpg

arsenal2_zpsf6628100.jpg

GK-D Szczesny , RB(FB-D) Sagna/Jenkinson , RCB (CD-D) Dede/Koscielny , LCB (CD-D) Mertesacker , LB Gibbs/Taylor , RCM(AP-S) Wilshere/Cazorla , LCM(BWM-D) Mulumbu , AMR(IF-S) Ozil/Ox , AML (W-A) Ox/Ozil , STCR(P-A) Mitrovic/Walcott/Lewendowski , STCL(DLP-A) Giroud/Lewendowksi/Mitrovic

Pre-Season Friendlies: W(a) 4-2 Vs AC Arles-Avignon , W(a) 4-1 vs FC Istres OP , D(a) 2-2 Vs La Berrichonne , D(a) 1-1 Vs Hertha BSC , W(a) 2-1 Vs Huddersfield , D(a) 3-3 Vs Parma , D(h) 1-1 Vs SLB , W(a) 2-1 Sageata N , comm shield W(n) 3-3(5-4 pen) Vs West Ham

Got it sorted now apparently there is a folder inside a folder and I had to take the 2nd folder out of the first folder, delete the 1st folder and put the 2nd folder back into skins and it works fine. If this don't make sense then have a bloody good drink and then it's fine......:lol:

Thanks GH, just got to check what update numberI've got.

Was this the problem where all the text is the same color as most of the background (pinky white)? I am having this issue, can't seem to resolve it :(

Was this the problem where all the text is the same color as most of the background (pinky white)? I am having this issue, can't seem to resolve it :(

When I changed to the darker skin this happened when I searched for a player......'White Text on a White Background'

white-on-white_zps5762e569.jpg

......and when I highlighted the text it showed up, so I went back to the Lighter Skin.

white-on-white-show-up_zps529ea6a8.jpg

Fm14 season 2

November update

Premier League – READING 1-1 ARSENAL – Le Fondre 88 - Lewandowski 79

We started the month with a poor draw away to Reading. We took some time to get going but seemed in control and were given a new lease of like when Ozil came on. A wonderful Gomez cross was volleyed home by Lewandowski and that seemed to be that but then an even better through ball by Daniel Williams saw Reading get level. We missed two great chances after taking the lead.

Champions League –ARSENAL 3-1 LAZIO –– Mertersacker 3 Lewandowski 47 Insigne 81 – Scocco 90 Novaratti s/o 79

We hosted Lazio on match day 4 in a decent position. I made just one change with Ozil replacing Wilshere who was rested. Merteracker headed us into an early lead and we had chances to extend it in a free flowing first half but were unable to. Lewandowski then doubled the lead after Ozil unselfishly squared to him before being hacked down from behind. Novaratti was sent off after a series of poor challenges and Insigne made it three. Then with the game wrapped up Sccoco scored as he had in Italy. Clean sheet drought beginning to resurface. Five without heading to Man City.

Premier League – MANCHESTER CITY 0-2 ARSENAL– Insigne 16 Ozil 45

After the draw at Reading, City had returned to the top of the league on goal difference meaning our trip their turned into a must not lose game. As so I went for one of my classic park the bus tactics. What I didn’t bank on was first Insigne scoring a wonderful free kick and then Ozil powering a header at the near post for 2-0. An awful back pass by Sagna was seized on by Dzeko but he blazed wide when through on goal. Other than that there were few scares. A Walcott cross went all the way in but for some reason the goal was disallowed for a foul by Lewandowski. Spurs beating United meant we led just City by three points at the top.

Premier League – ARSENAL 1-0 TOTTENHAM – Walcott 33

After the international break it was the first North London Derby. Spurs came in high spirits having beaten United at home before the break. I wasn’t prepared to be quite so generous. We had lost Alonso and Giroud though. Both out for around three weeks. We controlled much of the game and should’ve won by more with spurs creating next to nothing but Walcott’s strike was enough.

Champions League –ARSENAL 1-2 VALENCIA – Ozil 7 – Perajo 40 Valdez o.g 85

Having moaned about his playing time I buckled and gave Schurrle a start. Ozil gave us the lead inside 10 minutes but we wasted opportunities to double it and Perajo made us pay with a goal of the season contender. We dropped off horribly in the second half and never looked like getting another goal. Neither did Valencia who came close when Perago’s free kick rattled the bar scored the winner when a Lopez cross that was going wide was diverted by Valdes’s trailing leg into the goal. Very very rare home defeat and will have to settle for second place in the group now. Schurrle got 6.7. Safe to say he will be back on the bench for Villa.

Group Standings: Valencia 13 Arsenal 9 Basel 5 Lazio 1

Premier League – ARSENAL 4-0 ASTON VILLA – Cazorla 6 63 Ozil 11 Wilshere35

We ended the month with a welcome romp against Villa. Our three attacking midfielders all getting on the scoresheet. The signs were ominous from just six minutes when Cazorla rifled in a free kick. Ozil then doubled the lead with a neat finish as Villa went more into their shell. Wilshere and Cazorla still managed to score past the helpless Guzan.

League Table top 5

Mind the gap!

1. Arsenal Played 13 points 33

2. Man United Played 13 Points 27

3. West Ham Played 13 points 26

4. Man City Played 13 points 25

5. Stoke Played 13 points 24

-------------------------------

6. Liverpool Played 9 Points 23

7. Chelsea Played 9 Points 22

8. Tottenham played 9 points 21

Goalscorers

Walcott 7

Lewandowski 7

Insigne 6

Ozil 5

Giroud 4

Assists

Ozil 6

Gomez 5

Walcott 5

Schurrle 3

Insigne 3

Mertersacker 7.43

Koscielny 7.27

Vermaelen 7.26

Walcott 7.26

Insigne 7.24

Player of the month – Mezut Ozil

Very close run between Mertersacker and Walcott.

PL – Reading – 6.7 – on71

CL – Lazio – 7.8(1)- sub87

PL - Man city – 7.2 - sub90

PL – Tottenham – 6.9 - sub75

CL – Valencia – 7.1(1)

PL - Aston Villa – 7.5(1) – sub61

Game of the month

Chelsea 1-0 Manchester City - Eto’o 62

Not a goals galore game but a significant one. City’s loss meant we had a six point gap heading into December. Aguero also suffered an injury which would rule him out for two months. In the game Chelsea had 27 shots. City just 2.

Stat of the month

Home Improvements

Although the record isn’t as perfect as other games my home record has still been pretty good prior to the game against Valencia. I didn’t really play fm13 but comparing it to Fm12 is interesting. Only have the first 84 games due to forum deleting previous posts. Although the records are similar those two defeats speak volumes.

Fm12 - Overall

Played 84 Won 71 Drawn 13 Lost 0 Scored 222 Conceded 47

LEAGUE

Played 54 Won 48 Drawn 6 Lost 0 Scored 147 Conceded 26

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Played 17 Won 14 Drawn 3 Lost 0 Scored 49 Conceded 12

FA CUP

Played 6 Won 4 Drawn 2 Lost 0 Scored 13 Conceded 3

LEAGUE CUP

Played 7 Won 5 Drawn 2 Lost 0 Scored 13 Conceded 6

FM 14 - Overall

Played 39 Won 32 Drawn 5 Lost 2 Scored 101 Conceded 25

LEAGUE

Played 25 Won 22 Drawn 2 Lost 1 Scored 69 Conceded 13

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Played 10 Won 7 Drawn 2 Lost 1 Scored 24 Conceded 9

FA CUP

Played 2 Won 2 Drawn 0 Lost 0 Scored 6 Conceded 2

LEAGUE CUP

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 0 Scored 2 Conceded 1

Other News

Rather surprisingly the Fa Cup draw took place on November 30th rather than in December like it usually does. The draw didn’t make the best of reading.

FA Cup 3rd Round draw - West Ham vs Arsenal

Elsewhere in a very insipid draw. Spurs host Fulham and Cardiff face Swansea.

A late extra time goal by Dean Hazel gave the Under 18’s a 2-1 win at Portsmouth. A decent game with Nelson wasting a great chance to win in late on in normal time. They play Crystal Palace next. The under 21’s beat Charlton 4-1. They travel to Cardiff. Both are doing poorly in the league. Under 18’s are 4th while the 21’s are 13th.

I made my first summer signing with the arrival of Spanish youngster Inaki Agirrezabala. A centre back with five star potential. Only 16 though so will take some time to adapt and be in the under 18 to start with or out on loan.

Having had no sackings all season two came in a matter of hours. First Southampton sacked Pochettino and then with the next click Norwich sacked Chris Hughton.

Matt Jarvis won player of the month. Nastasic scooped his third young player award. Despite the draw at Reading I won the manager prize

Jordan Rhodes and Shane Long lead the goalscoring charts on 9. on 7 Aguero on 6. Mark Nobel tops the other two with 6 assists and a rating of 7.73. Mertersacker now fourth

Across Europe PSG stretch their lead to 11 points. Bayern are now top in Germany. Vitesse lead the eredivisie. The clasico was won by Barcelona in Madrid and they lead LaLiga. A run of poor form sees Milan drop to third. Roma top for now.

December Preview

The month starts with a trip to Anfield. Also on the month we have the club world championships, and the delayed league cup quarter final against Ipswich.

I think he hates Lazio....:lol:

I had to delete 3 posts as I had a problem with my game. I started a W-M Career and played the first 3 months and then I had a problem.

I just started November and the next 6 matches I lost 1-0 with goals scored from penalties in the 27 min. So I shut the game down and it said that Football Manager had shut down unexpectedly. I shut my laptop (Mac) down and started up my laptop and Football Manager, then I closed down Football Manager and the same warning came up that FM had shut down unexpectedly, this happened for a third time as well, so I saved my saved games and tactics etc and reinstalled FM and started a new W-M Career and so far it seems to be running better than before.

W-M Career - Season 2013 - 2014

July 2013

For those of you who took the time to take a look at the W-M formation will know that you only play 3 at the back (FB, CB, FB) and as I wanted to bring in Dominique Heintz from Kaiserslautern and Éder Álvarez Balanta, then Vermaelen and Mertesacker made way and went off to new clubs.

We have left back Alex Sandro coming from FC Porto, right back Gino Peruzzi from Catania and striker Luciano Vietto from Racing Club.

Our pre-season games will take in a tour of Denmark, so lets hope the boys can bring home the bacon :lol:, and finishing with a couple of games at the Emirates.

Fm14 season 2

December

Premier League – LIVERPOOL 1-1 ARSENAL – Sturridge 51 – Walcott 5

We headed to Anfield for our first game of the month. Walcott opened the scoring after just five minutes smashing the ball under Reina. He should’ve had a second just before the break as a cross field pass from Lewandowski saw Walcott through on goal but he was denied by Reina. We were still looking more likely to score but allan passed to Sturridge and he just ran and ran my players failing to put a tackle in and scored past Valdes. Walcott hit the bar but after that the game was pretty even.

Premier League – FULHAM 4-5 ARSENAL – Kacaniklic 34 dejagnah 75 elm 81 kanoute 83 – Stekelenburg o.g 1 Walcott 8 53 Vermaelen 18 Cazorla 29

Fulham had been leaking goals left right and centre so I decided to be a little more attacking. 3-0 up after 18 minutes suggested it would be more carnage. Cazorla then made it 4-0 before Kacaniklic pulled one back before half time as we looked to make it five. Walcott extended the lead to 5-1 and that seemed that but a horrible period of three in 8 minutes saw Fulham get back to 5-4. Walcott should’ve completed his hattrick and we saw it out.

Champions League – FC BASEL 2-1 ARSENAL – Hauselmann 17 Streller 22 – Vietto 87[/b]

With the group tied up I rested some players giving a chance to others. In a very tight game of few chances Basel took theirs better than us. Makes no real difference though heading onto the club world championship.

Club World Championship SF – CRUZ AZUL 2-4 ARSENAL – Rojas 49 Pavone 70 - Walcott 25pen 43pen 47 m/pen 30 Cazorla 73

A tale of penalties. We took some time to get going but the referee gave three penalties and Walcott converted two of them. Cruz never looked like having a shot let alone scoring goals. Walcott completed his hattrick after a poor back pass by the Cruz right back. Cruz did get a goal though some fortunate deflections and then pulled another back. Cazorla though restored a cushion with a neat finish and into the final we went.

Club World Championship Final – FULMINENSE 1-1 ARSENAL – Wagner 4 rodriguez s/o 111 – Insigne 10

Fulmense win 5-4 on penalties

Fluminense had hammered Wydad Casablanca 6-0 in the semi final and had Brazilian Fred to call upon. I had Giroud back on the bench. A freekick from Wagner gave Fluminense the lead after just four minutes. It took a freak goal by Insigne to get us level. After that it was one way traffic but after 120 minutes and even playing against ten men we still couldn’t get the goal. The match went to penalties and Alonso missed the first and only kick. 23 shots to 5.

Wagner Fred Samuel Edinho Sidnei

AlonsoGiroud Wikshere Baines Lewandowski

League Cup Quarter Final – IPSWICH 3-3AET ARSENAL – Osbourne 5 Lawence 54 Tanovic 95 – Vietto 18 Schurrle 61 Cazorla 113

Arsenal win 7-6 on penalties

Back to back shootouts but this time in our favour. With just a three day gap a lot of the players were too tired to take part meaning a much jigged eleven. What I didn’t need was Ipswich tp take the lead but they did after just five minutes. Vietto replied with a good header as we continued to create chances but found no breakthrough. Then in the second half Lawence made it 2-1. A mix up in the defense saw Schurrle regain parity but still no winner was coming. Scott Loach in fine form as we peppered him and sent for the cavalry. Tankovic then put Ipswich ahead for the third time. One of the cavalry Cazorla equalised again but we still didn’t get the fourth so had to settle for a shootout. This time though we managed to win.

Tankovic Lawence Lundstram Mears Robinson SkuseOsbourne

Walcott Giroud Cazrola Schurrle Ramsey Gomez Jenkinson

Premier League – ARSENAL 1-0 STOKE CITY – Insigne 35

A nice present to open on Christmas day was the news Victor Valdes would be out for three weeks with arthritis meaning he would miss a bunch of key games at the start of the new year. First up though was the visit of fourth placed Stoke. The game wasn’t a classic with Stoke failing to register a single shot on target. Insigne with the only goal. Norwich holding United meant we were two points clear with two games in hand.

Premier League – NORWICH 0-2 ARSENAL - Walcott 2pen Balanta 8

We headed to Carrow road for our final game of the year. Walcott opened the scoring after just two minutes from the spot. Balanta then doubled the lead shortly after and that was that. Norwich failed to have a single shot on target. A nice way to end the year.

League Table top 5

4 points from 5 games saw West ham go from 3rd to 7th.

1. Arsenal Played 17 points 43

2. Man United Played 19 Points 41

3. Stoke Played 19 points 36

4. Man City Played 19 points 35

5. Liverpool Played 19 Points 34

6. Chelsea Played 19 Points 32

8. Tottenham played 19 points 30

Goalscorers

7 for Walcott 0 for Lewandowski

Walcott 14

Insigne 8

Lewandowski 7

Cazorla 6

Ozil 5

Assists

Ozil 7

Walcott 6

Insigne 5

Cazorla 5

Gomez 5

All four centre backs in the top 5.

Vermaelen 7.34

Mertersacker 7.34

Walcott 7.33

Koscielny 7.23

Balanta 7.17

Player of the month – Tomas Vermaelen

Despite 7 goals and 2 assists for Walcott. Vermalen gets my vote due to Walcotts poor form towards the end. Three 6.7’s was preceded by a 6.3.

PL – Liverpool – Unused Sub

PL – Fulham – 7.6(1)

CL – FC Basel – Not Selected

WC – Cruz Azul – 7.3

CL – Fluminense – 7.2

LC – Ipswich – Not Selected

PL - Stoke – 8.5

PL – Norwich – Not Selected

Game of the month

Manchester City 0-1 Swansea City - Vazquez 21

Without Aguero City have really struggled for goals. Just 9 in 8 matches in December. Swansea taking advantage as did reading who also won.

Stat of the month

New Recruits and old heads

Mixed bag from the new signings this season. Also looking at the men that have left the club.

First team

Lewandowski – Played 19(5) Goals 7 Assists 3 MOM 1 Average Rating 6.88

Barry - Played 12(4) Goals 0 Assists 1 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.83

Insigne - Played 21(1) Goals 8 Assists 5 MOM 2 Average Rating 7.14

Valdez - Played 22 Conceeded 24 Clean Sheets 6 MOM 1 Average Rating 6.85

Gomez - Played 6(3) Goals 0 Assists 5 MOM 1 Average Rating 7.02

Baines – Played 18(1) Goals 1 Assists 0 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.94

Schurrle - Played 9(6) Goals 2 Assists 3 MOM 1 Average Rating 6.87

Alonso - Played 15(1) Goals 0 Assists 2 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.86

Youth Teams

Rossiter Played 11(7) Goals 0 Assists 1 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.73

Saunders - Played 19(1) Goals 14 Assists 9 MOM 3 Average Rating 7.46

Flynn- Played 17 Goals 1 Assists 1 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.98

Bellitta - Played 12(2) Goals 0 Assists 5 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.94

Gencer - Played 15 Conceeded 23 Clean Sheets 4 Assists 1MOM 0 Average Rating 6.71

Christie – Played 14 Goals 3 Assists 4 MOM 1 Average Rating 7.11

Wolf – Played 4(3) Goals 0 Assists 0 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.60

Begic - Played 26(2) Goals 0 Assists 2 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.80

Siefkes - Played 18(2) Goals 3 Assists 3 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.84

Merino - Played 17(1) Goals 1 Assists 1 MOM 1 Average Rating 6.87

Selected Youth Intake

MR - Jordan Ndah - Played 9(13) Goals 5 Assists 2 MOM 1 Average Rating 6.77

SC - Michael Nelson – Played 30(6) Goals 24 Assists 10 MOM 9 Average Rating 7.31

AMC - Chris Flahaven - Played 32(5) Goals 10 Assists 10 MOM 2 Average Rating 6.92

Departures

Chamberlain - Played 25(2) Goals 6 Assists 5 MOM 1 Average Rating 7.23

Djorou - Played 9 Goals 1 Assists 0 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.93

Szczesny - Played 23 Conceeded 14 Clean Sheets 11 Assists 0 MOM 0 Average Rating 7.23

Diaby - Played 16 Goals 2 Assists 1 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.44

Podolski - Played 11(1) Goals 0 Assists 0 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.74

Coquelin - Played 6(8) Goals 1 Assists 1 MOM 1 Average Rating 6.49

Monreal – Played 23 Goals 0 Assists 0 MOM 0 Average Rating 6.99

Arteta – Played 17(5) Goals 1 Assists 6 MOM 2 Average Rating 7.13

Other News

League cup semi final draw

Chelsea vs Arsenal

Man City play Stoke in the other semi.

Champions League draw

Arsenal vs Bayern Munich

Runners up in the group after two defeats to Valencia it seemed likely we would get a tough draw and we did. Chelsea drew Valencia. No glamorous ties other than that.

I opened talks over a new contract with Vermalen. Haven’t decided whether to offer Barry a new deal yet.

Ronaldo was named World Player of the Year. Cesc Fabregas was the runner up.

David Moyes was named manager of the month after four wins and two draws. Hughes and Wenger making up the top three. Fulhams Rasmus Elm was named player of the month. Chanberlain voted young player. Still no Arsenal play yet to even make the top three in a player of the month list

3 each for Jordan Rhodes and Shane Long moves them onto 12. Walcott next on 9. on 7 Aguero on 6. Mark Nobel tops assists with 7 but teammate Razman Rat is ahead in the average rating with 7.51.

PSG lead Ligue 1 by 16 points. Hannover are top in Germany. Bayern one behind having played a game more. Vitesse still lead the eredivisie by two points. Barcelona lead Madrid by six points and and Milan are back on top of seria A.

The under 18’s were knocked out of the cup by Crystal Palace. Under 21’s play later this month at Cardiff.

January Preview

The month is very busy. At least 9 matches with trips to Old Trafford in the league and Chelsea and West Ham in the cups.

Transfer window is open. Don’t expect anybody to come in. Pirlo, Gerrard, Lampard, Van der vaart and Capezzi amongst the list of expiring contracts.

I think he hates Lazio....:lol:

I had to delete 3 posts as I had a problem with my game. I started a W-M Career and played the first 3 months and then I had a problem.

I just started November and the next 6 matches I lost 1-0 with goals scored from penalties in the 27 min. So I shut the game down and it said that Football Manager had shut down unexpectedly. I shut my laptop (Mac) down and started up my laptop and Football Manager, then I closed down Football Manager and the same warning came up that FM had shut down unexpectedly, this happened for a third time as well, so I saved my saved games and tactics etc and reinstalled FM and started a new W-M Career and so far it seems to be running better than before.

that problem sounds like an arrogant person after they get told they are fired they respond with- "you can't fire me cause I quit"

Guys and Gals, my staff keep telling me to play Arteta over Flamini, however Flamini is having the betters games (time after time). Your advice? Playing 4-2-3-1. (FM 2014 latest patch).

I wouldn't have thought any advice was needed, you're the manager, you pick the team.

My staff keep telling me to ask Walcott to place his shots, but he doesn't and also to ask Wilshere to stop arguing with officials and he doesn't stop that either.

August 2013

Premier League

Arsenal 5-0 C. Palace - Özil, Cazorla, Giroud, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain

UEFA Champions League - Best Placed Play-Off 1st leg

Arsenal 4-2 R. Sociedad - Özil, Giroud (2), Cazorla

Premier League

Liverpool 2-3 Arsenal - S.Bender, Wilshere, Skirtel o/g, Gibbs s/o

UEFA Champions League - Best Placed Play-Off 2nd leg

R. Sociedad 2-5 Arsenal - Oxlade-Chamberlain, L.Bender, Heintz, Rosicky, Özil

..............(agg 4-9)

Premier League

Top 5

1. Man Utd - 3/9

2. Southampton - 3/7

3. Arsenal - 2/6

4. Chelsea - 3/6

5. Fulham - 3/6

Bottom 5

16. C. Palace - 3/3

17. Cardiff C - 3/1

18. Stoke C - 3/0

19. Swansea - 2/0

20. Hull C - 3/0

UEFA Champions League

Arsenal, Celtic, Atlético, Galatasaray

Man Utd, OM, BATE, Ajax

Man City, FC Bayern, CSKA Moscow, FK Austria Vienna

Chelsea, Basel, Schalke, Anderlecht

Capital One Cup

3rd Rnd - Arsenal v Leyton Orient

A great start to the season with 4 wins out of 4. We should progress to the next round of the Capital One Cup but, you never know. As for the Champions League we should be able to make the knockout stages.

Decided to give an Arsenal save a go, only problem being I want to play Wishere, Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott, Cazorla and Giroud. Thinking a 3-6-1 is the best way to go with Ozil behind Giroud, Walcott and Cazorla out wide and Ramsey/Wilshere in CM. Probably going to sign someone like Sven Bender or Fernando as my DM to cover the attacking 6.

I wish I wasn't scoring lots of goals.

5-1 up against Fulham, then we make it 6-1 then Fulham score 2 in 3 mins and then all my players can't find a team mate with a pass, Fulham players only have to look at my players and we lose the ball, all 50/50 tackles are won by the opposition, at throw ins we throw it to the opposition players.

Then we play Celtic in the CL 4-0 up they get it back to 4-3 in about 30 seconds and then it's Fulham all over again and we just about hold on for the win.

When we're 1-0 or 2-0 up we don't have this problem.

Walcott was playing like Messi against Fulham - scored a hat trick - next thing I know he couldn't hit a pig's ar$£ with a shovel, so what's it all about........Alfieeeeee!

Ty this is the 4-1-1-3-1 set up I was using before I decided to try the W-M formation which I believe you remember from years ago....well 2009. :lol:

Yeah, my love for FM was very strong in FM09/10 with Arsenal. I loved the whole youth development side of Arsenal! Good to see familiar faces still around :)

Quite similar to mine, except Giroud (F9), Ozil (SS), CM (B2B) and CDM (BWMd). I'm not sure on it at the moment, I've scored a lot but drew my last 2 games against Newcastle and Liverpool. Only really signed Sven Bender as I wanted a true CDM.

Absolutely running away with the league title in my second season having already won the domestic treble in the first; 20 games in to the league season and I'm 13 points clear of 2nd placed Chelsea. Unbeaten in the last 33 in all competitions now (Started 4th May 2014, now 11th January 2015). Oxlade-Chamberlain just won European golden boy and was also nominated for the Ballon d'Or - both he and Jack Wilshere got in to the world team of the year, and Theo Walcott made it on to the bench.

Yeah, my love for FM was very strong in FM09/10 with Arsenal. I loved the whole youth development side of Arsenal! Good to see familiar faces still around :)

Quite similar to mine, except Giroud (F9), Ozil (SS), CM (B2B) and CDM (BWMd). I'm not sure on it at the moment, I've scored a lot but drew my last 2 games against Newcastle and Liverpool. Only really signed Sven Bender as I wanted a true CDM.

Yeah its 5 years on so this familiar face has a few more wrinkles....:lol:

I will give Giroud a go at the F9 role to see how he plays. I did try Özil at SS but he didn't really do much but, I have played him there in my W-M and he is awesome.

great the screen on my laptop is f***** it'll will take about 90quid+ courier cost to fix it. My pc seldom connects to the internet(need that fixed to) so I'm unlikely to play fm for a while

What a pig of a start to the new year ATB.

I hope you get it sorted quickly.

September 2013

Premier League

Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle - Giroud, Özil

Fulham 3-6 Arsenal - Özil (3), Vietto, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla

UEFA Champions League - Group Stage

Arsenal 4-3 Celtic - Walcott (3), S.Bender

Premier League

Stoke 0-1 Arsenal - Podolski (pen), Koscielny s/o

Capital One Cup - 3rd Rnd

Arsenal 5-0 L. Orient - Wilshere (2), Oxlade-Chamberlain (2), Vietto

Premier League

Arsenal 3-2 A. Villa - Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, L.Bender

Premier League

Top 5

1. Arsenal - 6/18

2. Man Utd - 6/16

3. Southampton - 6/14

4. West Brom - 6/11

5. Tottenham - 6/11

Bottom 5

16. Cardiff - 6/5

17. Swansea - 6/4

18. Hull C - 6/4

19. Norwich - 6/3

20. Stoke - 6/1

Capital One Cup

4th Rnd - Arsenal v Leeds

Manager of the Month

2nd - Martin Dixon (Arsenal)

The game against Aston Villa was a cracker. We were 2-0 down and with 40 minutes of the first half gone Theo Walcott pulled one back. At half time I asked them where their passion was and we were a different team in the 2nd half. On 69 minutes Chamberlain pulled us level and 11 minutes later we were in front after a Lars Bender thunderbolt. It was a real fightback by the boys and they fully deserved their victory.

Yeah its 5 years on so this familiar face has a few more wrinkles....:lol:

I will give Giroud a go at the F9 role to see how he plays. I did try Özil at SS but he didn't really do much but, I have played him there in my W-M and he is awesome.

I am still in my youthful prime; love every minute of it!

ATB hard luck on the laptop front.

October 2013

Galatasaray 1-3 Arsenal - Podolski, Özil (pen), S.Bender

Premier League

Man Utd 2-2 Arsenal - Wilshere, Özil

Arsenal 3-1 West Ham - Oxlade-Chamberlain (2), Giroud (pen)

Arsenal 3-1 Atlético - Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski

Premier League

Cardiff 0-1 Arsenal - Podolski

Capital One Cup - 4th Rnd

Arsenal 3-0 Leeds Utd - Gibbs, Giroud, Vietto

Premier League

Top 5

1. Arsenal - 9/25

2. Man Utd - 9/23

3. Southampton - 9/20

4. Everton - 9/20

5. Liverpool - 9/16

Bottom 5

16. Newcastle - 9/9

17. Swansea - 9/8

18. C. Palace - 9/6

19. Hull C - 9/4

20. Stoke C - 9/2

Capital One Cup

5th Rnd - Arsenal v W.B.A

Young Player of the Month

2nd - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)

We have been offered Stephan El Shaarawy from AC Milan and he will be joining us in July 2014

Evening lads, started my Arsenal save this afternoon and played my first few league games. 3 wins out of 3 so far, and a 6-1 aggregate win over P. Ferreira in the Champions League playoffs.

Playing a 3-5-2, which Giroud is enjoying so far with 5 goals in 5, and 5 assists. Walcott is alternating with Jackson Martinez as Giroud`s partner, and both have 2 goals in 3(1) for Walcott and 2(3) for Martinez.

Transfers:

x28k.png

Kind of regret my decision to sign Martinez, a good player no doubt but it means I have 4 good quality forwards in him, Walcott, Giroud and Podolski. One of these four will leave next summer, probably Podolski. Also meant I was a little short when trying to strengthen the defence... Hopefully no one gets injured! That said, Sven Bender is a fantastic player to have brought in and is doing a great job in DM. Cerri is going to be great in a few years, and I also have Gabriel Barbosa coming next summer.

Tactics:

i8p8.png

A little risky, probably, but who doesn`t want to line up with that many quality playmakers? Means playing Wilshere outwide, but he`s loving it so doubt he`ll complain.

Squad Stats:

c1jp.png

Early days but this formation seems to be working. Hopefully I can keep it up, looking forward to 02/10/13 in game as we play Dortmund then, which will be the first truly difficult challenge we`ll get this season.

Fixtures:

7ai6.png

Cardiff 3-2 was a bit of a let down, we were winning 3-1 at half time and just took our foot off the pedal, but we won and that`s all that really matters. No complaints from the other games.

November 2013

Premier League

Arsenal 3-1 Southampton - Podolski (2), Oxlade-Chamberlain

Atlético 3-3 Arsenal - Vietto, Özil (pen), Walcott

Premier League

Norwich 2-3 Arsenal - Walcott, Özil, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Arsenal 3-0 Everton - Podolski, Özil, Cazorla

Celtic 0-2 Arsenal - L.Bender, Özil

Premier League

Top 5

1. Arsenal - 12/34

2. Man Utd - 13/30

3. Southampton - 13/27

4. Chelsea - 13/25

5. Everton - 13/24

Bottom 5

16. Cardiff C - 13/13

17. Sunderland - 12/12

18. C. Palace - 13/9

19. Stoke C - 12/7

20. Hull C - 13/4

Manager of the Month

2nd - Martin Dixon (Arsenal)

Our 3-3 draw in Madrid saw both teams progress into the Knockout stages of the Champions League, with Arsenal in top spot and Atlético in 2nd with one game left to play.

Celtic have qualified for a Europa League spot.

I see that alot of you are having some success with Arsenal. Unfortunately I can not get my favourite team going. I aim to make as few changes to the squad as possible meaning that I am hoping to play well with the players that are already within the club's walls.

If you look at the players that are available within the club, how would you approach the lineup/tactical formation?

I was thinking of something like this:

abGaOsKal0.jpg

Playing with these roles/duties:

Szczesny: Goalkeeper-Defend

Monreal: Fullback-Attack

Koscielny: Central Defender-Defend

Mertesacker: Central Defender-Defend

Sagna: Fullback-Attack

Arteta: Deep-Lying Playmaker-Defend

Flamini: Anchorman-Defend

Carzola: Inside Forward-Support

Özil: Advanced Playmaker-Support

Walcott: Winger-Support

Giroud: Deep-Lying Forward-Attack

What do you think? Am I way off here?

Are there any individual settings that I should consider? What are you guys thoughts?

Haven't posted any updates in here before because i didn't expect much to come of my Arsenal save not being the best FM player, my last few saves with teams have just self destructed. However i've literally just won done the League and Champions League double in my first season and i'm absolutely BUZZING, so need to rant it off somewhere, so going to do a mini review of the season.

Signings:

- Robert Lewandowski - My big signing, £18mill rising to £22. Wanted a quality striker to play with Giroud and hit fit the bill perfectly. Heard a few stories about him not doing much for some teams but i was more than willing to snap him up.

- Eder Alvarez Balanta - £9 million. What can i say that already hasn't been said? Massive potential and a great back up defender.

- Frickson Erazo - 350k. Brought in as ridiculously cheap defensive cover after he performed fantastically for me in another save (Fulham).

- Will Hughes - £7mill, instant loan back to Derby. Huge future potential again.

January Signings

- Mohamed Diame - Couldn't say no to his £3.5 mill buy out clause. Proved a very solid DM for me second half of season and can only go up.

League

1. Arsenal, Played 38, won 26, drawn 9, lost 3, 87 points

2. Man Utd, played 38, won 25, drawn 9, lost 3, 85 points

3. Chelsea, played 38, won 22, drawn 9, lost 7, 75 points

Me and United were tight all the way, and the season eventually went down to the last game. It was only entering the last 7 games of the season and after a big 2-1 win over them at the Emirates that United dropped a few points and let me go top, with a 2-0 win against Cardiff on the last day of the season sparking wild celebrations at the Emirates. Really good league season all round. Some great away wins, including at White Hart Lane and Anfield.

League Cup

Knocked out in the 4th round by West Brom on pens. Shame.

FA Cup

Knocked out in the 5th round 3-1 away to Sunderland. Really surprising result, not sure what went wrong, Sunderland just outplayed us, we didn't turn up.

Champions League

Best Placed Playoff v PSV

First Leg (A) - 2-2 (own goal, Sagna)

Second Leg (H) - 2-0 (own goal, Giroud)

Group H, Marseille, Ajax, Legia

First game: Ajax (H) - 4-1 (Lewandowski hat trick, Gibbs)

Second game: Marseille (A) - 2-1 (Ramsey)

Third game: Legia (A) - 0-3 (Lewandowski, Giroud, Ozil)

Fourth game: Legia (H) - 3-0 (Cazolza 2, Balanta)

Fifth game: Ajax (A) - 0-3 (Ozil, Wilshire, Sagna)

Sixth game: Marseille (H) - 3-1 (Lewandowski, Walcott, Koscielny)

1st knockout Round, Barcelona

First leg (A) - 2-2 (Giroud, Oxlade-Chamberlain)

Second leg (H) - 1-0 (Lewandowski)

Quarter Final, Bayern Munich

First leg (H) - 2-0 (Walcott 2)

Second Leg (A) - 1-1 (Gibbs)

Semi Final, Atletico Madrid

First Leg (A) - 2-2 (Giroud, Walcott)

Second Leg (H) - 1-1 (Vermaelen) Win on away goals

Final, Chelsea

Saved the best performance till last as we crushed Chelsea 3-0, goals from Wilshire, John Terry own goal (:D) and Ozil. Fantastic achievement from the boys.

Notables

- Lewandowski top scored with 22 in all comps, Giroud got 15 and Walcott and Ozil got 11 (Koscielny got 10 :D)

- Highest rated player over the season was Koscielny with 7.34, with Mertesacker close behind with 7.28 and Sagna with 7.22. Lewandowski got 6.99.

- We had 4 players in the Champions Cup team of the Season, Mertesacker, Balanta, Sagna and Walcott. We also had 4 players in the league team of the year, Szczesny, Koscielny, Sagna and Ozil.

- Will Hughes got Young player of the Year in the Championship.

- I got Manager of the Year.

Good times :D. Sorry for the long post but had to let someone else know :lol:.

Archived