FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh sorry I misread. Wel Silva is the best left winger in the game imo, but Fernandez is not too shabby either. If you're willing to splash out go to Silva, otherwise get Fernandez.

Exactly the same with me.

I misread it, too.

Silva is the better and much more expensive.

Fernandez is very good but much much cheaper.

Like Stu said, if you can afford it and want to, get Silva. But Fernandez is excellent, too.

Dazzler

In theory play slow and wide but from the testing I did with Arsenal

quick narrow tactic 18 competitive games (This is 107pts Tactic)

W17D0L1

Opposition SOT 24 Goals 5 OFF TARGET 30

Arsenal SOT 175 Goals 47 OFF TARGET 195

slow wide tactic 18 competitive games (This is 106pts tactic)

W16D2L0

Opposition SOT 55 Goals 15 OFF TARGET 46

Arsenal SOT 166 Goals 48 OFF TARGET 206

Nice youngsters you've got there Tucker, I liked Navarra especially!
tomtuck01

Nice team. Great sales. Not better than me though ;). But how the hell did you get 6m for Pedro :eek: . All the best.

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

soli, that is not the Pedro from Arsenal, but the one from Barcelona. I am playing on my own database, and have changed his name from Pedrito, (as he was known last season in Barce's B team), to Pedro - as he is known as now. He has also been edited because on the FM database his is severely underrated.

End of Summer Transfer Window 07/08

Squad

10302008042138vi8.th.jpg

Squad age hanging nicely at 21 at the moment, Fabregas is captain and Toure vice

Transfers

10302008042327lx7.th.jpg

Don't think i've done too badly, Claudio my brazilian love child finally gets his turn at the big time & before anyone says anything the fisrt 7 players sigend were for tutoring purposes

Champions League Group

Arsenal

Bayern Munich

Olympiakos

Fenerbache

some tough away games but heres hoping we do well

all in all very well so far

Tomtuck01

Quality side you got mate. Cant really see any areas of weakness tbh. Shame about having to sell Bendtner. But good to know you're planning on getting him back soon. Far better than Pato on the game imo.

Your regens look good:

Scasny - Hard to tell with this fellow. Looks like his best position will be RB. Obviously not anywhere in attack. Dont think he'll develop enough to become a great CB. He really needs to work on some key areas though.

Navarra - Looks good. On the slow side but with good training, should reach a resonable pace. Would have liked him to have a little more flair though.

Bihan - Needs some seriously good tutoring by a senior player. His mental stats are very poor.

Disco & arsenal

Awwwww, I love you guys too! :p

Sorry chaps, been really caught up in work so far. There's very little breathing space and a lot of deadlines to meet sadly!

I've got to be the most unlucky guy on God's green earth. Yesterday, here is Delhi, I went for the Russell Peters live show and had called in sick at work right. Everything was great, the show was fun and I enjoyed and all. But today morning, I'm reading the paper, and guess whose pic is right bang in the centre of page :(! I'm just praying my boss doesnt see it!

And India is 4.5 hrs ahead of UK and 5.5 hrs ahead during day-light saving. FYI! :D

Dazzler1992

There's no particular way you can get your players to take more chances tbh. I mean, there's not much you can do tactically. If you like to watch complete matches, you'll be able to see whether the strikers are creating the chances for themselves or whether they're just missing great chances being set up for them by other players. If its the latter, then the answer is simple - just substitute atleast one of them and bring on a great finisher like Eduardo. If its the former, then too you can try subbing but there are no guarantees whether the guy coming off the bench will create the same chances or not.

Also, another way to do it is that if your strikers are getting a lot of shots on goal in the first half but cant finish, then depending on their personality and how they respond to team-talks, you can either try calming them down ("you have faith") or you can try firing them up ("angry"). Adebayor and Van Persie are two who usually get really fired up if you have a go at them. That's what I've noticed anyway.

Besides that, not much you can do mate.

I've got to be the most unlucky guy on God's green earth. Yesterday, here is Delhi, I went for the Russell Peters live show and had called in sick at work right. Everything was great, the show was fun and I enjoyed and all. But today morning, I'm reading the paper, and guess whose pic is right bang in the centre of page :(! I'm just praying my boss doesnt see it!

thats brilliant :D

Just passed pre-season and the community shield, which I was hamered by utd. I think I need a certain tactic to beat Utd!

Preseason:

Played: 5

Won: 5

Drawn: 0

Loss: 0

Scored: 32

Conceded: 1

Very happy with that, just hope I can do the same. I normally play a normal tempo with playing wide, but will switch to a narrow and fast I think.

Disco & arsenal

Sorry chaps, been really caught up in work so far. There's very little breathing space and a lot of deadlines to meet sadly!

And India is 4.5 hrs ahead of UK and 5.5 hrs ahead during day-light saving. FYI! :D

You saw Russell Peters? That guy is my idol! I love that guy!

I am in the pre season of my seventh season. Last season did not go as well as the previous seasons. As you would see from my previous post, I had ended up changing my entire squad by selling off stalwarts like Adebayor, Van Persie, Sagna and Fabianski. Ringing a lot of changes did reduce the wage bill and lowered the average age of the squad from 25 to 24 but the team did not gell as well as I had expected.

However we did cruise to a treble but suffered an embarassing loss to Chelsea in the second leg away 8-5 after having won the home leg 2-1 in the Champions League. This happened in the quarter final and as expected the board werent too happy.

This has not deterred me from changing the squad this season as well. I had a lot of players and therefore there were a quite a few who have left the Emirates this season. Prominent among them are Guilherme, Galvan and Hamsik. Will post the entire transfers after the January transfer market.

TEAM:

GK: Lloris. RVA (regen)

DC: Sakho, Nordveit, Toure, Djourou,Taylor

DR: Richards, Djourou

DL: Clichy, Traore

MR: Messi, Kuzmanovic( free :D), Lansbury

ML: Matias, Moreira (regen ), Vela

MCd: Veloso, Denilson

MCa: Fabregas, Wilshere, Lansbury

ST: Saivet, Vela

TM: Bendtner, Etock

comments and suggestions welcome.

Toure's contract expires next season. Will let him go then. Unable to sell Djourou and Taylor. Their contract expires too next season so will probably let them go cheapish and buy some youth.

Etock is doing well. May sell him though and activete Balotelli's buy-back agreement to get him back. Will sell Veloso as well. Fabregas is asking for 115k p/week If he doesnt lower his wage demand to below 100k he goes too.:( May sell off Clichy as well.

theincrediblehulk

I am from India too. :)

fataldinho:

good going. Utd are tough to beat I agree. All the best for the season.

BarnetBoyz:

Good young squad with plenty of new faces. Best of luck for the season.

Ville Valo

I'd say sell Almunia and bring in someone better/younger.

I have Cassio in the reserves who will be my long term No.1, but he can't get a work permit, so I'm going to loan him out next season, probably to my feeder club, Parma, if they get promoted from Serie B, that should give him a reasonable shot at getting picked for Brazil. I hope. Benoit Costil is arriving at the end of the year.

Also look to get another top class CB to partner Toure; fund this by selling Gallas/Silvestre?

I'm quite a fan of Habib Bellaid, and he'll replace Gallas next year, with Djourou returning from his loan to replace Silvestre.

If it were me I'd look at selling a couple of those midfielders and bringing someone else in.

Appiah will probably leave at the end of the season, I signed him on a free as back up. So I should make a profit on him. I'm not sure whether to sell Diaby yet, as he seems to be improving rapidly. I have Sankharé, an edited Ramsey, Wijnaldum and Lansbury in my youth team aswell.

tenletterrule

Team at the moment:

GK: Wiese/Fabianski

WBL: Clichy/Traore

3 DC's: Toure/Vermeulen/Chygrynskyi/Burdisso/Djourou

WBR: Sagna/Eboue

2 MC's: Fabregas/Denilson/Kallstrom/Rosicky

AMC: Nasri/Rosicky/Vela

FC: Van Persie/Eduardo/Walcott/Vela

TM: Adebayor/Bendtner

I haven't got a clue where to improve the team, Any suggestions?

Dazzler1992

great team! although i reckon you could do with a better CM. denilson is fine and fabregas...well you know he is awesome but if you could improve your team further then CM is the position and maybe goalkeeper. Bodmer and bodmer are better than denilson. neuer, lloris and frey are better than both keepers. great team though!

kopsy101

Trust me, its not! I'm sat hiding in one corner of the office hoping and praying nobody notices me!! :(

DiscoStu94

Yep, saw Russell and he was brilliant! :D

soli

Good squad. Offer Cesc 100K and he should except tbh. He's not overly greedy the boy.

What part of India are you from mate?

Ville Valo

Nice squad mate. Sell off Almunia though. After yesterday, I never want to see that swines face again in my life! :mad:

I really wouldnt bother buying and selling much tbh. Just get rid of Silvestre because he's just not good enough on FM. And get rid of Appiah too for the same reason. You're got plenty of cover for all positions imo. I would recommend getting back Djourou from loan. Get him tutored by someone so that his mental stats go up a little and you have yourself a quality CB.

Dazzler1992

Good team mate. I can only recommend selling one striker to lighten up the congestion in that area a bit. Either Eduardo or Walcott to leave I guess. I would probably sell Eduardo because of Walcott's pace really. You could do with a better GK as well if you want. Wiese is decent but if you want someone who's excellent yet doesnt cost a whole lot, then get Agliardi. Quality keeper.

Yeah, he did his Oriental accents but not as much as he's done in some other shows. Thats obvious because there were not a lot of them in the arena. Mostly was ripping on this "uncle and aunty" sitting at the front!! :D

And although he did say he's going to retire his "somebody's going to get a hurt real bad" bit, he still did do it. Edited it a little though.

Yeah, he did his Oriental accents but not as much as he's done in some other shows. Thats obvious because there were not a lot of them in the arena. Mostly was ripping on this "uncle and aunty" sitting at the front!! :D

And although he did say he's going to retire his "somebody's going to get a hurt real bad" bit, he still did do it. Edited it a little though.

Haha, love it, I might be going to watch him when he comes to England, excited about that!

Disco & arsenal

Blimey, this is going to take hours!

How the hell am I meant to know the name of everyone in India?!

;)

soli

Dont tell me you're an IITian?? :(

DiscoStu94

Umm, just about I would say. I've typed it up but keep editing it here and there to see if I can make it better.

What I'll probably do is that when the game comes out, I'll start the thread and do the intro and squad names bit. The analysis I'll do a day or so later once I've played the game just a little. Sound ok?

Archived