FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both are known on the forums, at least Gai Assulin, but ofc both got great potential...:thup:

I'm going to, at least, take a look at them..

Get a report on Alan Dzagoev, who is playing for CSKA Moscow... He's been a revelation in the russian league this year, and is a very creative winger/striker, with good pace...

He's scored a lot and got a couple of assists atm, and is only 18(or 19) years old...

I can't wait for the demo to look at all the players... I'll probably use the first day only looking at players:D:D

Yes, Alan Dzagoev is a very good find, he's only 18!. He's already wanted by Real Madrid. He should fit perfectly in the Arsenal team. This is a real wonderkid. If he's that good in the game, I will try to sign him right away :D

But Gai Assulin is fantastic! I really want to bring him to Arsenal, but he will be very hard to convince to leave Spain so young.

Another great find is Sotiris Ninis. He's only 18 years old, he plays for Panathinaikos in Greece and he already played in the Greece national team and he scored also! He's a right midfielder. In wikipedia , it said he has a minimum release clause of 17 mil. euro. Just waiting to see how good he is in the game.

I know everyone is talking about the demo but I'm still trudging away with Arsenal.

League:

Won the league with a finishing points tally of 97. Finished with a goal difference of +71 which is ok I guess.

Carling Cup:

Played the youngsters they won it. It is expected of them.

FA Cup:

Played the youngsters. They unluckily got beaten by man City in the semi-finals. All in all I am happy with their development and performance.

Champions League:

Played the youngsters in the group stages. We finished top but lost to Lyon, which is good of them. Then we had a hard but doable run to the final facing Bordeaux, Barcelona and Milan before facing Man utd, who we dispatched 2-1 in the final

Pretty crap review and now I have no idea who to sign. The squad has been the same since the start of the first season even though the board gave me 108 million to spend in January:

GK: Wiese/Fabianski

WBL: Clichy/Traore

3 DC's: Toure/Vermeulen/Chygrynskyi/Burdisso/Djourou

WBR: Sagna/Eboue

2 MC's: Fabregas/Denilson/Kallstrom/Rosicky

AMC: Nasri/Rosicky/Vela

FC: Van Persie/Eduardo/Walcott/Vela

TM: Adebayor/Bendtner

with youngsters banging on the door.

Dazzler1992

Good season mate.

Your squad looks good as well. The players you have are all fine but if you really want to change a few around and are looking for areas where you could quite easily improve, then start with GK. Both are decent enough but you could get Frey, Lloris etc who are a step up. Then, get yourself a better CB than Vermaelen who is decent too but you can do better quite easily. And lastly, a better backup RB than Eboue.

Mind, you dont need all of the above. Thats only me being choosy. You can easily stick with what you have and still have a side easily capable of winning every trophy. :thup:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just realised something for FM09 - Tony Adams wont be available to get as coach or assistant not that he is manager! :(

Although on the positive side, Dennis Bergkamp WILL be available!! :D

Oh right. Cheers for that guys.

But I guess it wont matter for a while because we'll still be in the honeymoon period by the time the first patch comes out. When you want to get down to a good, serious game, it'll probably be implemented.

Still, liking the fact that I can take Dennis back to Arsenal. That'll be done as soon as he's willing to come. :)

Has anyone discovered the feature where you ask your assistant to find you a loan player in a specific position? Genius. I have Viana on loan and I'm trying to get Helguera.

Yeah, I saw it some minutes ago... I'm going too loan an MC until fabregas, diaby, rosicky and nasri comes back from injury... :(

Archived