FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in also. I will post regulary as well in the new thread and can't wait to test the demo with Arsenal. I'm a fan of building youth teams and usually I don't buy players over 23 years old. And Arsenal already have lots of youngsters to build a dinasty.

I was wandering what transfer budget Arsenal will have in the demo? What do you think guys?

The first priority should be a new young talented GK. Neuer or maybe Akinfeev should be fine, but maybe there are others that I don't know (under 23).

I don't like Gallas, so I would sell him immediatly. I was thinking buying Zapata, Mertesacker, M.Richards or Breno.

Another priority should be a LM. I think I'm gonna play Nasri in that position. And maybe sell Rosicky and buy Matias Fernandez as backup.

As a striker, I will only buy Benzema, if he's not too expensive.

Im not too sure how its all going to be planned out as yet. But i could do a threadt when the Demo is out. The one that was setup was fine except it didnt have the financial information.

I'll wait until there is an official word in the forum as to what can be posted and when.

The first priority should be a new young talented GK. Neuer or maybe Akinfeev should be fine, but maybe there are others that I don't know (under 23).

I don't like Gallas, so I would sell him immediatly. I was thinking buying Zapata, Mertesacker, M.Richards or Breno.

Another priority should be a LM. I think I'm gonna play Nasri in that position. And maybe sell Rosicky and buy Matias Fernandez as backup.

As a striker, I will only buy Benzema, if he's not too expensive.

Fab is fine dont need a new GK really. also Manuel is pretty decent tbh, ok not WC but still very capable. The immediate reinforcement i did was to bring in Toulalan for 20m that was my only signing. The rest if needed will come in the summer and once ive let the youngsters develope.

Benzema WILL be expensive.

Arsenal71, do you know if the stats of Denilson and Walcott have been improved? Because IRL they play a lot better than last year.

Of course i know the attributes, i inputted them :0 Ill let you find whether they have improved or not but im sure you wont be dissapointed. If you are then i suggest you concentrate some time on training them to get the relevant attributes a boost.

so Denilson has a PA over 180? maybe 185 it will be fantastic. That's good news, cause I'm planning to make Denilson one of the best DM in the game in the next years. And of course, with lots of training.

Hope you put decent stats for Ramsey and Wilshere. I think they should have both a PA of -10. So when they'll reach 20 or 21 years to become world class.

so Denilson has a PA over 180? maybe 185 it will be fantastic. That's good news, cause I'm planning to make Denilson one of the best DM in the game in the next years. And of course, with lots of training.

Hope you put decent stats for Ramsey and Wilshere. I think they should have both a PA of -10. So when they'll reach 20 or 21 years to become world class.

1 season in the CCC makes you a -10 player?!:D Ramsey should be a -9, maybe PA of 172.

Im not too sure how its all going to be planned out as yet. But i could do a threadt when the Demo is out. The one that was setup was fine except it didnt have the financial information.

I'll wait until there is an official word in the forum as to what can be posted and when.

Na, theincrediblehulk is doing this year's thread. But post in it whenever, always welcome - thats if you made Wilshere a -10, of course:D

Well 38m should be enough :)

Doubt it, you've got more chance of getting Toulalan/Bodmer with that. Of course it's all dependant on how Jean-Michel Aulas is like stats-wise, but Benzema should/will be much pricer than £38Million. Lyon don't really need the money :thup:

We shall all find out soon enough :cool:

Doubt it, you've got more chance of getting Toulalan/Bodmer with that. Of course it's all dependant on how Jean-Michel Aulas is like stats-wise, but Benzema should/will be much pricer than £38Million. Lyon don't really need the money :thup:

We shall all find out soon enough :cool:

He knows how everyones stats are... He's a researcher, and has probably played the demo/game already since he said he bought toulalan...

He knows how everyones stats are... He's a researcher, and has probably played the demo/game already since he said he bought toulalan...

Yes? Toulalan is far more sellable if you like than Benzema. I don't know why you say it like that, I myself said Toulalan/Bodmer are more likely buyable targets with £38Million. So your point is pointless? Unless you just like repeating things :D

I think Walcott PA will be over 180, and he will be improved in dribling, acceleration, passing, finishing and creativity. I don't see a dramatical improvent over his psihical stats. But I have high hopes he'll be a lot better than in FM 08. I will play him in the RM anyway, no matter what his stats will be.

Yes? Toulalan is far more sellable if you like than Benzema. I don't know why you say it like that, I myself said Toulalan/Bodmer are more likely buyable targets with £38Million. So your point is pointless? Unless you just like repeating things :D

Ill do a test and see if i can sign him. :)

I'm just saying he probably knows how much he can get Benzema for... Thats all...;)

I really dont mind to be honest one less thing for me to do if someone wants to do it.

its not that, its just everyone is like "its must be hulk who does it etc etc etc" when in contrast it doesn't matter who starts the thread as it won't make it better if Hulk starts it or if Musa did it again.. in the end its just a thread.. its all silly

What's the point of buying Toulalan or Bodmer when they're over 25 years old? With that kind of money, you should bring lots of new talented youngsters.

Benzema is the real target for Arsenal. If we couldn't get him in the 1st season, surely we'll buy him maybe cheaper in the 2nd season :D

What's the point of buying Toulalan or Bodmer when they're over 25 years old? With that kind of money, you should bring lots of new talented youngsters.

Benzema is the real target for Arsenal. If we couldn't get him in the 1st season, surely we'll buy him maybe cheaper in the 2nd season

Both superbly talented 25 year olds, hardly past it. Benzema is a target for every top...

If you truly believe he will get cheaper after one season you in for a serious shock! Lol

I agree that Toulalan is a all-round midfielder, but personally I wouldn't buy him since I got Fabregas, who is a similarly type of player, and he's better than Toualan.

I'm waiting to see how good Podolski is in FM 09. He'll be much cheaper than Benzema, and if he has great stats I'll consider buying him instead of Benzema.

I would also consider buying Banega from Valencia if his stats developed from FM 08.

They both have creativity and passing 20, they are both creation type players. Toulalan is more defensive minded, but I can see people playing both Fabregas and Toulalan in center of midfield.

Toulalan is a deep lying defensive CM, breaking up play and a fab passer of the ball. Fàbregas is a creative CM, technically Toulalan/Fàbregas would be just like Flamini/Fàbregas. Anyhow it's each to there own, whatever floats people FM boat :cool:

They both have creativity and passing 20, they are both creation type players. Toulalan is more defensive minded, but I can see people playing both Fabregas and Toulalan in center of midfield.

I'm definetly going to play them in midfield when I buy Toulalan on the demo...

For GK, I would also try to sign Sergio Ajenso from Valladolid. He's only 19, he's the keeper of the Spain u-21 squad and he's seen as the new Casillas. Hope his stats will be great in the game. He was already linked with moves to Liverpool or ManU.

I think there's not a lot of things to do with the new Arsenal squad, depending on the stats. I'll probably replace Almunia first season, as will Gallas. Anyone know what type of formation they're going to try? I'm going to spend the first week of demo purely finding the best young players and a good tactic methinks.

Archived