FM2008 - Arsenal FC. mo money, no problems edition.

hughsieb

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a bit of a problem. Do you play two all around CMs or a playmaker and a DM? Because Diaby is more of a DM than any of those youngsters that you mentioned. If you can get a decent price for him though, feel free to let him go. I just started a new game, and I'll get an update here as soon as I get to January 1, 2008.

Jeez, this is the first time I think I've ever had to go looking for this thread beyond the first page of GPTG, sign of the times with 09 out I guess

I've just started the 2016-17 season and the team is starting to struggle a bit. Last seas on we took the EPL by a mere two points, and despite taking the Treble we were pretty dismal in the Champions League. I'm trying to get Vela to beat Henry's league goals record before I stop playing and scrape enough student loan money together to get 09 (he's 27 and has to get 88 goals to match it) and win a quadruple again (only ever done it once)

Are many people carrying on with 08?

cmon guys, come on over to 09, we sure could use the input of some quality posters. Just not the same without you guys!

hulk...surely you can't start the 09 thread and then just abandon it? Just doesn't seem Hulk-like!

my team

G.K

R. Riou

Fabianski

Def

Toure

Galls

Djoure

Eduardo

Clishy

Traore

Sagne

Eboue

Wide

Walcot

Nasri

Risiki

Abdou Traore

Luis Gimines ( retrained)

CM

Cesc

Diaby

Denilson

Song

Defour

Forewards

Ade

RVP

Bentnar

Vela

EDurado

dz47

If I had the money I might consider it, but I tried out the demo and to be completely honest, the only feature that impressed me was the addition of a roaming scout. At the moment, I just can't justify the purchase.

dily

I would look at maybe spending big on a GK, bringing in a young DC, and also a good DM.

http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11232008130231tq8.jpg - Transfers

So what do you buys think of my additions. Im pretty happy although Marcelo will probably be sold next season as i use Kimz 2 and have no need for wingers. I have invested in youth alot (players you dont know are probably regens) and i have brought alot of them although most probably will be duds.

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11232008130354iu1.jpg

Premiership table shows 6 points clear but im a bit disappointed with the amount of goals im conceding but luckily my goal-scoring is making it irrelevant.

You've brought in some really good players, although in my opinion you didn't need to spend that much on Aguero. He is a great player though. Also, you're sellling players for a bit less than I would, especially Gallas and Eboue. I've gotten bids of 15m+ for Gallas, and 20m+ for Eboue, after a season.

10 goals allowed in 14 isn't bad at all, and you're definitely scoring enough so that it doesn't matter.

I would think about possibly getting a better backup for Sagna than Justin Hoyte, but apart from that, you have a really solid team.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I can get Giovinco for £1.5 mill, Tevez for £7 mill, Sulley Muntari for £5 mill, Maxi Rodriguez for £10 mill and Chiellini for £14 mill. All Transfer listed by request. Any of those deals worth it?

My Squad:

Lukasz Fabianski - GK

Cassio - GK

Benoit Costil - GK

Manuel Almunia - GK

Bakary Sagna - DR

Emmanuel Eboué - DR/MR

Habib Bellaid - DRC

Loic Abenzoar - DRC

Havard Nordtveit - DRC/DM

Kolo Touré - DC/MC

Johann Djourou - DC/DM

Mamadou Sakho - DLC

Gael Clichy - DL/ML

Armand Traoré - DL/ML/AML

Joe Mattock - DL/ML

Samir Nasri - AMRC

Henri Lansbury - AMRC

Theo Walcott - AMRL/FC

Cesc Fabregas - AMC

Aaron Ramsey - AMC (Edited to -9)

Denilson - DM/AMC

Alou Diarra - DM

Abou Diaby - DM/AMLC

Younousse Sankharé - DM/MLC

Fran Merida - AMLC

Tomas Rosicky - AMRLC

Jack Wilshire - AMRLC

Georginho Wijnaldum - AMRLC/FC

Orlando Engelaar - AMLC/FC (£50k, should make a good profit)

Emmanuel Adebayor - ST

Nicolas Bendtner - AM/FC

Eduardo Da Silva - AMR/FC

Robin Van Persie - AMRL/FC

Carlos Vela - AMLC/FC

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I can get Giovinco for £1.5 mill, Tevez for £7 mill, Sulley Muntari for £5 mill, Maxi Rodriguez for £10 mill and Chiellini for £14 mill. All Transfer listed by request. Any of those deals worth it?

My Squad:

Lukasz Fabianski - GK

Cassio - GK sell

Benoit Costil - GK sell

Manuel Almunia - GK

Bakary Sagna - DR

Emmanuel Eboué - DR/MR

Habib Bellaid - DRC

Loic Abenzoar - DRC sell

Havard Nordtveit - DRC/DM

Kolo Touré - DC/MC

Johann Djourou - DC/DM

Mamadou Sakho - DLC

Gael Clichy - DL/ML

Armand Traoré - DL/ML/AML

Joe Mattock - DL/ML sell

Samir Nasri - AMRC

Henri Lansbury - AMRC

Theo Walcott - AMRL/FC

Cesc Fabregas - AMC

Aaron Ramsey - AMC (Edited to -9)

Denilson - DM/AMC

Alou Diarra - DM

Abou Diaby - DM/AMLC sell

Younousse Sankharé - DM/MLC

Fran Merida - AMLC sell

Tomas Rosicky - AMRLC

Jack Wilshire - AMRLC

Georginho Wijnaldum - AMRLC/FC

Orlando Engelaar - AMLC/FC (£50k, should make a good profit) sell

Emmanuel Adebayor - ST

Nicolas Bendtner - AM/FC

Eduardo Da Silva - AMR/FC sell

Robin Van Persie - AMRL/FC

Carlos Vela - AMLC/FC

I've put sell next to the players I would sell. If you can sell them, then sign Giovinco, Rodriguez, Chiellini.

Muntari is average, Tevez isn't needed.

And don't be sorry for bringing back this thread, best thread ever:D

IMO Costil and Cassio are average, there are better choices such as Dean Bouzanis, Fran Guil Ochoa, Manuel Neuer, Igor Akinfeev, ugo Lloris....

Mattock never comes to much, he always looks promising but never becomes very good. You don't need him, with Traore and Clichy arguably the best two left backs on the game.

Abenzoar I ahve never had success with, although many have. That one was based completely on my own experience, so I may be wrong:thup:

• 1 month later...

Guess who's back :cool:

I've decided to start up a game with Arsenal, but I'm not allowed to spend a penny (excluding wages). I can only buy players on loan and frees.

So far I've bought:

Andreas Ottl (Loan)

Luis Jimenez (Loan)

Cristian Molinaro (Loan)

Toni Kroos (Loan)

Sebastien Giovinco (Loan)

Joris Delle

Ris Schouw

Daley Blind

Aquino

Mamadou Sakho

Pablo Osvaldo (Loan)

John Fleck

Younousse Sankhare

Damien Le Tallec

Mattheiu Saunier

Bojan (Loan)

I'm close to buy Henri Saivet and have signed Trecarichi for 2008. This is on weegie btw.

Awards - By Jan 2008

Adebayor wins Player of the Year

Adebayor wins World Footballer of the Year

Adebayor wins European Footballer of the Year

Adebayor wins Striker of the Year

RvP comes second in World Footballer of the Year

RvP comes second in European Footballer of the Year

Rosicky wins Midfielder of the Year

Fabregas comes third in Midfielder of the Year

Toure wins Defender of the Year

Almunia comes second in Goakeeper of the Year

Champions League - Still in 1st Knockout round vs Werder Bremen

Premier League - 1st with 52 points, 16 wins and 4 draws

FA Cup - Still in 3rd round vs Cheltenham

Carling Cup - Semi Final vs Tottenham

Not a bad year if I say so myself :cool:

Lansbury is probably the best player in the world atm, his stats have skyrocketed; he doesn't have a technical stat below 13 (heading is 13), aswell as his 18 goals in 35 England Caps :).

Unfortunatly though, The Board sold Wiltshire and Sakho a few years ago, who both became world class :(

Man City and Newcastle have toppled the big 4, Man Utd and Liverpool have fell into mid-table mediocracy. Both Newcastle and City have world class sides. Chelsea are very poor now, but still get into the top 4.

No, I don't need him. But I'm aiming to sell as many players as I can for profit, while not spending anything (except wages/add ons) on players.

And with RvP, if he's scoring goals, don't worr too much about it. The '08's old player rule is really flawed.

Archived