DaveMUFCs Mega Summer 2013 Transfer Update

Yes, still a problem with Scottish and Turkish league numbers but I think you were already aware of this.

Also I hope I didn't prompt you with my earlier Iago Aspas comment - he's not actually moved yet! So a little premature but its still expected so not the end of the World.

One more thing though. Not sure if my Winter transfer update is causing problems but it seems that managing Liverpool is a poor option. I have no money to spend, which having Aspas might be ok if I could sell Andy Carroll, but you already have him at West Ham!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I've realised that, but only just before I released the update, and as I knew people were eager to get going with it, and the majority of people don't really play with Scottish and Turkish leagues, I got it out asap...I will get another version out by tomorrow with the fix.

Haha, I have heard all the rumours about Iago Aspas etc. so I moved him, its very unlikely that it'll fall through, but if it does I'll put him back at Celta, I'm sure you won't complain with having him there :p I haven't properly looked at the finances yet, although the newly promoted teams do have £10m+ and Monaco have £45m with a £600,000 wage budget, so they seemed fairly accurate..I'll take a look at Liverpools finances tomorrow..

Good stuff. Tried a few teams. In the main transfer budgets seem okay. Quite a few teams have £0 but thats nothing you've done thats either a fact of life and/or as was in the 13.3 update.

Currently debating whether to take Spurs (£28m), Fulham (£4m) or QPR (£1m)! Loving the early test release. Many thanks.

Need to decide on if I'm doing player sales for transfer budgets etc. e.g. Do I give Dortmund a £30m budget for selling Gotze etc.?

No problem, on an unrelated note I decided to go for Monaco and have gone a bit crazy with the transfers, sold most of the first team, and brought in Modibo Diakite, Gallas, John Mensah, Taye Taiwo, Squillaci, Maxime Gonalons, Flamini, Frimpong, Bodmer, Malouda, De Bruyne (loan), Pedro Leon, Affellay (loan), Gaitan and Chamakh :D

In your case, I wouldn't really pick Spurs as they haven't changed too much, although bringing in some quality transfer listed players could make them better, Fulham are definitely an interesting team now with Stekelenburg and Amorebieta, and I'm not starting a QPR game until the exodus has begun, as I think it'd be a bit too easy dominating the championship with that squad...

Just some info on Rotherham United;

Contracts:

Ending 30/06/13:

Andy Warrington(RELEASED)

Alec Denton(RELEASED)

Dale Tonge(RELEASED, finally!)

---

Ben Pringle until 2015

Johnny Mullins until 2014

Alex Revell until 2015

Daniel Rowe pro contract until summer '14

Mark Bradley until '14

Mitch Rose until '14

Nicky Walker until '14

Other:

Sharps is out on loan to Burton, he is back to us but will be sold on soon I am sure.

Transfer budgets are a tough one. If you've updated the transfers then come the end of the window the budget should surely be £0! :)

Those that were coming through as £0 already though seem to all be a value of 1 in the database. Maybe this should be -1 like random player stats??

Today's not just about big spending Man City... there have been many EPL players released on free transfers today... they all seem to be on TransferMarkt for you though :)

- Don't see why someone like Liverpool, Spurs or Everton doesn't take a chance on Arshavin. Still think he's a top class player. His bad recent season's have coincided with Wenger playing him out of position.

Transfer budgets are a tough one. If you've updated the transfers then come the end of the window the budget should surely be £0! :)

Those that were coming through as £0 already though seem to all be a value of 1 in the database. Maybe this should be -1 like random player stats??

Today's not just about big spending Man City... there have been many EPL players released on free transfers today... they all seem to be on TransferMarkt for you though :)

- Don't see why someone like Liverpool, Spurs or Everton doesn't take a chance on Arshavin. Still think he's a top class player. His bad recent season's have coincided with Wenger playing him out of position.

Yeah, well, teams can still afford to buy players during the season ;) But I will be adjusting the budgets over the next few updates based on spending e.g. if Dortmund spend £20m-£30m during the window, I'll drop their budget back down again, don't really see the point of dropping Monaco or City's budget regardless of how much has been spent, as they'll always have more money to spend if they want to...

And yes, all the free transfers have been done, I've been having loads of fun with rich teams picking up a load of the quality free transfers :p

the teams playing the champions next season is out of date?

That's odd, it should have been sorted, I'm sure dupeball had done it weeks ago, although he's not been around for a fair while so I'll ask him once he's back

Thanks for this!

Just a couple of recomendations:

1. Improve the CA of many of the younger players who featured a little or shined with the reserves this season ex. Ake, Morata, Delofeu, Bartra, Nacho Fernandez, Emre Can, Oliver Torres, etc.

2. Improve the CA of the youngsters who 'broke through' into the first team ex. Varane, Bertrand, Montoya, Sterling, Suso, Shelvey, Carvajal

Once again, thank-you for doing this!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Silvino Louro, Rui Faria, and Jose Morais go to Chelsea with Mourinho from Real Madrid: http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3199099

Good work on the update. Started a game as Palace and have the following comments:

Reputation hasn't changed. I suggest it is worth tweaking the reputation for promoted and relegated teams to make transfer targets more realistic.

In real life the following players are no longer at the club: Dindane, Fenwick, Akaruka, Holland, Daniel

In the latest official update the club had a remaining wage budget of 40k. Since then you have released a few players from the club (Price, Marrow, Moritz, who are still at the club IRL but have expiring contracts this month). Also all the loans are gone and they would take up some of the budget. So money freed up would be (ignoring released youth)

Price - 3k

Marrow - 1k

Moritz - 3k

Phillips - 15k * 100% = 15k

Zaha - 30k * 25% = 7.5k

Nimely - 3.5k * 50% = 1.75k

Richards3.5k * 100% = 3.5k

Total 34.25k freed up with no new players. So the remaining wage budget should be 40 + 34.75 + any extra now made available = 74.75 + ???, so the 60k in the file is way too low.

EDIT: Adding also that the season ticket amounts have stayed the same. I think it would be reasonable to increase this for promoted clubs and decrease for relegated (especially to and from the top divisions in major countries)

Good work on the update. Started a game as Palace and have the following comments:

Reputation hasn't changed. I suggest it is worth tweaking the reputation for promoted and relegated teams to make transfer targets more realistic.

In real life the following players are no longer at the club: Dindane, Fenwick, Akaruka, Holland, Daniel

In the latest official update the club had a remaining wage budget of 40k. Since then you have released a few players from the club (Price, Marrow, Moritz, who are still at the club IRL but have expiring contracts this month). Also all the loans are gone and they would take up some of the budget. So money freed up would be (ignoring released youth)

Price - 3k

Marrow - 1k

Moritz - 3k

Phillips - 15k * 100% = 15k

Zaha - 30k * 25% = 7.5k

Nimely - 3.5k * 50% = 1.75k

Richards3.5k * 100% = 3.5k

Total 34.25k freed up with no new players. So the remaining wage budget should be 40 + 34.75 + any extra now made available = 74.75 + ???, so the 60k in the file is way too low.

EDIT: Adding also that the season ticket amounts have stayed the same. I think it would be reasonable to increase this for promoted clubs and decrease for relegated (especially to and from the top divisions in major countries)

Yeah, I've released all players that have their contract expiring at the end of the month, I think most would have been offered new contracts by now if they was staying, if that changes though I will add them back...

All other changes have been done mate

I have an issue that when I change Liverpool captain (or click on captain pre-match) the game crashes. I've posted to the crash reports section too but seeing as it seems to have only been since I installed this update is there any chance someone can check this on theirs?

Major news guys, the next official release date will be 1st July, 2013

So far, I've updated clubs reputations, reducing the relegated teams and increasing the promoted teams. I've also decreased the join date of all players that joined in 2012 for the relegated teams, as I think this could sort out the issue of players at QPR happy to stay who are far too good for the team! Get excited though guys, this is coming along very nicely! :D

Scotland looks OK, but Turkey has an exclamation mark beside and and says that there are a minimum of 34 teams for second division, but only found 31.

Yes, I noticed this the other day when I made a new game, it's because there's only 31 teams in the 4th division of Turkish football when there should be 34, although I've promoted 3 of the teams there, but I think its the lowest Turkish league, so don't know what teams to add....Any ideas?

Is it possible to change the league rules so that it expects 31 teams? Then you don't need to add any.

I'll look into it tonight.

Hi, how do you actually make this database appear in the game ? Many thanks in advance.

When you click to start a new game, when the box pops up which asks you which version of the game you want to start with, there should be a subsection called Changes. This should automatically be set to 1 if you have downloaded the update and put it in the editor data section, otherwise you click change, and tick the updates you want to use. Hope this helped :)

I'll look into it tonight.

When you click to start a new game, when the box pops up which asks you which version of the game you want to start with, there should be a subsection called Changes. This should automatically be set to 1 if you have downloaded the update and put it in the editor data section, otherwise you click change, and tick the updates you want to use. Hope this helped :)

The promoted clubs are on wikipedia but it seems to be regional groups so could be quite complicated - bottom of this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFF_Third_League

Some good work been put in on this.

Scunthorpe fan, so I've noticed:

Paul Reid - free agent after we released him

Damien Mozika - free agent after we released him

Jimmy Ryan - moved to Chesterfield for an undisclosed fee

Josh Walker - released

Robbie Gibbons - released

Karl Hawley - released

Akpo Sodje - released

Neil Cutler no longer plays, he's just a GK coach these days - he moved to Walsall as their GK coach a short while ago

Paul Musselwhite takes over from Neil Cutler as our GK coach

Jamie Wootton, Luke Hornsey and George Grayson all signed professional terms a few days ago.

Hope this helps.

Great work thanks.

Not sure if you've already spotted it, but Dean Saunders is still at Wolves on the latest database.

(Kenny Jackett is still at Millwall too)

Sorted it :)

Some good work been put in on this.

Scunthorpe fan, so I've noticed:

Paul Reid - free agent after we released him

Damien Mozika - free agent after we released him

Jimmy Ryan - moved to Chesterfield for an undisclosed fee

Josh Walker - released

Robbie Gibbons - released

Karl Hawley - released

Akpo Sodje - released

Neil Cutler no longer plays, he's just a GK coach these days - he moved to Walsall as their GK coach a short while ago

Paul Musselwhite takes over from Neil Cutler as our GK coach

Jamie Wootton, Luke Hornsey and George Grayson all signed professional terms a few days ago.

Hope this helps.

Did all your changes, cheers for letting me know.

can u list what changes u have done to scottish teams mate especially rangers,im thinking of starting a svae with em if u could pm me please that would be great

Made all transfers to Rangers and promoted them to the second league.

Is suarezs ban on it and euro changes likes wigan and swansea in europa league

Forgot about Suarez' ban, although he probably won't be around in England for it to take effect ;)

Massive update, I've sorted out all of the European places! :D So Swansea and Wigan are in Europa League etc. Also adjusted all manager errors and all transfers up until today, enjoy!

http://speedy.sh/XzMfT/Summer-Transfers-Beta-European.xml

I am getting allot of crashes with your update, are more people having that problem?

I am getting allot of crashes with your update, are more people having that problem?

How far are you getting into the game before it crashes? I've started a couple of games and got into August time before stopping and haven't encountered any problems as of yet...

How far are you getting into the game before it crashes? I've started a couple of games and got into August time before stopping and haven't encountered any problems as of yet...

In the beginning when i am in the friendlies. Some times after a game and sometimes just when I click continue

Archived