Faroe Islands - Trek to the Top

AFH

The Aim of the Challenge

• To take a Faroese club and lead them to European glory
  • To use players from my youth system only
  • To eventually take over the Faroe Islands national team and lead them to European Championship and World Cup qualification
  • Win the Euros and World Cup

Where did I get inspiration for this?

It is probably quite obvious, but I drew inspiration from Makoto Nakamura's fantastic FM12 thread, San Marino - The Ultimate Challenge. I really suggest checking it out - it is a brilliant story to read.

What team am I, and why?

I am a club called 07 Vestur, in the second division of Faroe Islands football. They were founded in 2007 so are very new to the beautiful game and I thought it would be cool to do it with this team. Also, they are one of the few clubs in the Faroese second division (called the First Division, confusing!) that is not a reserve team from the first division (known as the Premier League). Also, they were one of the few playable teams in their division.

Who am I?

I'm a scrawny, nerdy teenager who spends too much time on the - oh, you mean in the game? I am Magnus Andreasen, a 25 year old former Faroese international football whose career was cut short due to injury.

07 Vestur

ye.png

Nation - Faroe Islands

Founded - 2007

Status - Semi-Pro

Chairman Status - Loves the club

Legends - None! (hopefully I can become one)

Icons - None! (hopefully I can become one)

Favoured Personnel - None! (hopefully I can become one)

Finances - Okay

Average Ticket Price - £2

Average Season Ticket Price - £13

Season Ticket Holders - 61

Est. Value - £110,000

Media Prediction - 7th

Squad Personality - Very Loyal

The Facilities

Name - Sørvágur

City - Sørvágur

Capacity - 2000

Owned by - 07 Vestur

Stadium Condition - Good

Under Soil Heating - No

Roof - No

Surface - Synthetic

Pitch Dimensions - L: 101m W: 64m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions - L: 106m W: 71m

Pitch Condition - Perfect

Corporate Facilities - No corporate facilities

Training Facilities - Basic training facilities

Youth Facilities - Minimal youth facilities

Junior Coaching - Minimal junior coaching

Youth Recruitment - Limited youth recruitment

07 Vestur - Faroese First Division - 2013

ye_zpse0d172b0.png

Faroese First Division

League Table - League Positions Graph - Fixtures

Wow! I didn't expect that. The media predicted me to finish 7th, and my board wanted me to just avoid relegation, so I am delighted we managed to secure second place and the promotion that comes with it. We started off slow, with a draw and two losses in our first three fixtures, but we bounced straight back when I introduced a new tactic. From then onwards, we only lost two matches, and managed to come runners-up in the league. There was no stopping AB at the top - they never dropped from first position in the league.

Faroese Cup

Fixtures

We started off well but were knocked out in the second round by a team in the league above us. Despite this, the board were "delighted" we reached the second round!

Club Info

Squad - Finances

Our finances are looking bad. Hopefully we will get some more money since we are in the Premier Division next season. Then I might be able to upgrade my Youth Facilities and Junior Coaching.

Key Players

Rógvi Egilstoft Nielsen - Played every single game of the season and was easily the best player in the defence. He put in two POM performances and also gave the team two assists.

Kim Poulsen - Was the league's top scorer with 11 goals and he was really one of the key players in our attack. He once scored 4 goals in one game. However, he is getting on a bit now and at the ripe old age of 35, it may be time for him to hang up his boots soon. Also, his CA and PA have gone from 2 1/2* to just 1/2*.

| Season |        Division        | Pos. |    Cup    |    EURO    |     Notes     |
|--------|------------------------|------|-----------|------------|---------------|
|  2013  | Faroese First Division | 2nd  | 2nd Round |    N/A     | PROMOTION!!!  |

Youth Candidates - 2013

youthcandidates_zps732823c7.png

joensen1_zpsd94c7577.png

hansen_zps45c3bc70.png

I don't mind that they are both strikers, since my best striker left the club and my top scorer from last season is 35.

youthcandidatesdominance_zpse0b806c4.png

This really highlights how dominant the Youth Candidates are.

07 Vestur - Faroese Premier Division - 2014

ye_zpse0d172b0.png

Faroese Premier Division

League Table - League Positions Graph - Fixtures

We did it! EURO Cup football from our first season in the Premier Division! What an achievement! We were predicted by the media to finish rock bottom, and I predicted mid table, but we managed to pull through, get some wins, and secure a EURO Cup spot. I am sure we will be knocked out straight away, but more important is the money that will come with the tie, which we will spend on the Youth Facilities.

Faroese Cup

Fixtures

Same as last season, we were knocked out after winning our first match, this time in the quarter-final of the competition.

Club Info

Squad - Finances

Our finances look worse than ever. Hopefully we can get back into the black next season when we participate in the EURO Cup.

Key Players

Jónstein Hansen (YP1a) - Our youth prospect from the first intake had a stormer of a season, scoring 9 goals and gifting the team with 4 assists. At the tender age of just 16, this lad has a great future ahead of him!

Jákup S. Olsen - I retrained Jákup to a AM ® as we were short in the position and this proved to be an excellent decision, helping the team with 5 goals and an extraordinary 11 assists, the highest in the league.

| Season |        Division          | Pos. |    Cup     |    EURO    |          Notes          |
|--------|--------------------------|------|------------|------------|-------------------------|
|  2013  | Faroese First Division   | 2nd  | 2nd Round  |    N/A     | PROMOTION!!!            |
|  2014  | Faroese Premier Division | 3rd  | Qtr. Final |    N/A     | Qualified for EURO Cup! |

• 2 weeks later...

Although this was fun at the start, I'm not sure this is the challenge for me. I really want to do a youth challenge but preferably in a bigger country with more leagues and a better reputation. I am getting hardly any money in this league and the chances of upgrading my facilities is slim. Any ideas on a different nation I could start in? Preferably with 4+ leagues (can be from a downloaded database) and not England, Spain or Italy

Although this was fun at the start, I'm not sure this is the challenge for me. I really want to do a youth challenge but preferably in a bigger country with more leagues and a better reputation. I am getting hardly any money in this league and the chances of upgrading my facilities is slim. Any ideas on a different nation I could start in? Preferably with 4+ leagues (can be from a downloaded database) and not England, Spain or Italy

Any more suggestions on a save to go with? A youth challenge or a normal journeyman career? And what team if a youth challenge :p

Only problem with that is that almost all the clubs have no youth facilities and as dafuge showed last year they were next to impossible to upgrade.

That was pretty much what I was thinking. Have you got an idea gogogo?

• 3 months later...
It really is quite fun to be a Faroese football player and see other people play football manager with my football club! And to know every person you are refering to in person.

Even when you see your national side get whacked 12-0?

Archived