The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 – The Battle of the ‘stans’ (Holiday / Sign Up

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week ending Sunday 25th July 2010

Pablo Gonzalez has agreed to join Juventus in a season long loan deal. Juventus are in the Champions League for the forthcoming season.

Turkus Mendieta is wanted by Arsenal, Everton, Racing and Gimnastic.

Gareth Davies has rejected the move from Arsenal to Marseille. Currently PSV, Aston Villa and Lazio are also interested in the lad.

Selim Atas is wanted by Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man Utd. All previous offers for him have been rejected.

Hermandinho has signed a new 5 year contract with AC Milan worth £8million. That works out at £29,500 per week.

Real Madrid has appointed Carlos Ancelotti as their new manager. Man Utd are now looking for a new manager.

Jacariah Birkinaldo has signed a new 4 year contract worth £3million.

AC Milan has made an £12.8m bid for Luke Swinson.

Note: I have decided that to get to the important international games in October a little quicker, there will no specific player cam matches in August and September. However, I may do occasional special player cam games if several of the superkids are involved in one match.

Week ending Sunday 1st August 2010

Chelsea has accepted the bid from AC Milan for Luke Swinson.

Kyrgyzstan has appointed their new manager. It’s 44 year old Alexandr Korzanov who gained 16 caps for Kyrgyzstan, scoring 1 international goal in the process. This is his profile.

Everton has made a £6.25m bid for Turkus Mendieta.

It is being widely reported in the media that Betis manager Ruben Cousillas is to spend the majority of his transfer budget on purchasing £3.1m rated George Robson.

One day later though, news came through that George Robson had rejected the offer of a new contract with Vicenza and had decided to sign for Palermo in a £3.8m transfer. Palermo is in the Champions League for the forthcoming season.

Azeryk is to miss the start of the Premiership campaign with new side Wigan after picking up a hip injury. He will be out of action for around 2 months.

Lazio striker Bill has revealed he was disappointed by the sale of Michael Dawson from Lazio to Inter Milan.

However, his mood may cheer up by the news that Luke Swinson has decided to join Lazio on a season’s long loan deal from Chelsea.

Man Utd has appointed Javier Aguirre as their new manager.

Lecce are interested in Everton’s Benj.

Week ending Sunday 15th August 2010

Aston Villa has appointed Baltemar Brito as their new manager. This comes a week after Ronald Koeman left Villa Park for the Fiorentina job.

Turkus Mendieta is very pleased to agree terms with Everton and joins them in a £7 million transfer. He will hope to strike up a good partnership with Prof Frink at the back for Everton.

What are the odds eh Golden Boy!! icon_wink.gif

Arsenal has beaten Newcastle 4-0 in the Community Shield. Rhys Davies was an unused sub, but still picks up his first medal in Arsenal colours (if you can call the Community Shield a trophy!). It was a mixed day for Van Persie, scoring a hat-trick before getting sent off. He still got the MOM award though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

The Stanlies Cup 2010

Sat 22nd May: Kyrgyzstan v Turkmenistan – 1st Leg

Pre Match

Kyrgyzstan starts with 10 superkids, with Alan as captain as well as being classed as the ‘key man’. On the bench is Lui, Mastinho + Freealdinho.

Turkmenistan starts with 9 superkids with Samaras Taraldo as the ‘key man’. The captain is a non-superkid. Alvaro De Santiago hasn’t fully recovered from his injury to be listed on the subs bench.

My Opinion

Kyrgyzstan have won the every Stanlies Cup since it started back in 2007. I think they will be fired up for this as key preparation for the World Cup. Turkmenistan are missing some key players as well. I think Kyrgyzstan to win by a couple of goals.

51 seconds in and Frketic scores for Kyrgyzstan! Bubble plays the ball to Frektic just inside the area, who spins and fires past Rhys Davies. 1-0.

George Robson reacts first to a loose ball in the Turkmenistan area, but his shot goes miles over the bar.

Luke Swinson plays a pinpoint pass through to non-superkid Bairamov who is free in on goal. He makes a deft little chip over Elfdog to find the back of the net. 1-1.

Kyrgyzstan dominate the next few minutes, with Robson, Azeryk + Alan all having efforts on goal.

24 minutes gone and an innocent looking move by Turkmenistan results in Birkinaldo fouling Bairamov just inside the penalty area. Penalty to Turkmenistan. Koppers comes forward to take the penalty and blasts it down the centre. 1-2.

Kyrgyzstan almost get an instant reply, McNeil forcing a great diving save from Rhys Davies.

31 minutes gone and Bubble plays a magnificent ball to Azeryk in the area, but his first time volley goes inches wide of the right hand post.

Chaoconov picks up a yellow card.

37 minutes gone and Kyrgyzstan counter attack. Robson plays a ball over the top for Alan who latches onto it and slots it past Davies. 2-2.

HT: Kyrgyzstan 2 v 2 Turkmenistan

Half Time Player Ratings

Half Time Match Stats

Great game so far!

Azeryk is subbed at half time.

Robson spreads the ball out to the left wing to Gary McNeil. He takes it to the touchline before crossing it to the near post where David Frketic pops up to turn the ball home. 3-2, an hour gone.

The goal marks several substitutions. Off goes McNeil + Alan and on comes Mastinho + Freealdinho for Kyrgysztan. Luke Swinson + Peter Slater are subbed for Turkmenistan.

Mastinho picks up a yellow card soon after coming on.

After 71 minutes Birkinaldo + Frketic are subbed off for Kyrgyzstan. Pablo Gonzalez is also subbed for Turkmenistan.

George Robson picks up a yellow card after 73 minutes.

Freealdinho + Robson both have half chances in the remaining minutes.

In injury time Chaoconov commits a foul and the referee decides to show him a 2nd yellow card. Chaoconov is sent off.

FT: Kyrgyzstan 3 v 2 Turkmenistan

Full Time Match Stats

Full Time Turkmenistan Stats

Full Time Kyrgyzstan Stats

Kyrgyzstan run out deserved winners and perhaps should have won by more than one goal. David Frketic gets the MOM award for his 2 goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to bother you. But how do you do this "Stanlies Cup" is it a comp, or just an aranged friendly?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:

Sorry to bother you. But how do you do this "Stanlies Cup" is it a comp, or just an aranged friendly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I'm doing the sign up as a holiday game, I just set it up as a 2 legged pre-arranged series of friendlies in the editor before I started running the game. Just had to set it up to run many years into the future.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Turkus Mendieta is very pleased to agree terms with Everton and joins them in a £7 million transfer. He will hope to strike up a good partnership with Prof Frink at the back for Everton.

What are the odds eh Golden Boy!! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, now that will be interesting

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elf_30:

WW, is Elfdog getting any more playing time, havent heard anything about him in a bit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, your timing is impeccible! Elfdog has big news in the next update (I'm a few weeks ahead in the game of where I've published upto).

The update will be soonish. icon14.gif

It seems that Hermandinho has really found the club of his dreams with his new 5yr contract despite the poor club performance last year.

Anyway, Hermandinho had a super World Cup, look at the avg ratings!

And a new coach for the Turkmeni? Bad news I guess... I wonder what the effect of that will be.

Week ending Sunday 22nd August 2010

Chelsea, Arsenal and Barcelona have suddenly become interested in Elfdog. Chelsea has made a £5.25m bid for him, with Barca offering £3.5m and Arsenal £3.6m. (Have to admit that the competition at all 3 of those clubs is intense for the GK position).

Watford has rejected the offers from Barca and Arsenal and have stalled on the Chelsea offer.

Portsmouth has appointed Bulgarian legend Hristo Stoichkov as their new manager. They had been without a manager since Baltemar Brito left to join Aston Villa earlier in the month.

Carlos Ancelotti has expressed his interest in bringing Selim Atas to the Bernabeu. However the manager of Athletico Madrid has rubbished this, saying that he is going nowhere.

The World Rankings for August has been released:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Turkmenistan 21st (1105 points) Down 1 place

Kyrgyzstan 51st (613 points) Down 5 places.

</pre>

Week ending Sunday 29th August 2010

All 3 bids were rejected for Elfdog. Chelsea then upped their offer to £8.1m which has been accepted by Watford.

Selim Atas has told the press he is unsettled by the recent talk in the papers about his future.

David Frketic was not in the match day squad as Real Madrid beat Vitesse 2-1 in the European Super Cup, thanks to goals from Higuain and an on-loan Theo Walcott.

Alvaro De Santiago + Gary McNeil both started as Inter Milan beat Napoli in the Italian Super Cup 2-1, thanks to 2 goals from Wayne Rooney.

Marcus Cook has told the Sunday papers that he feels there is too much competition for places for the strikers at Middlesbrough, but that he is prepared to knuckle down and make sure that he is selected week-in week-out. The first team strikers currently there are Marcus Cook, Darren Bent, Kenny Miller, Yakubu and Martin Petrov.

Special 1st September 2010 Update

As per usual at this time of the year, this is a special update on the players.

But first, more news…

Arsene Wenger announced his interest in Mastinho, but nothing materialised from it.

Elfdog agreed terms with Chelsea and joined them in an £8.1m transfer.

In a surprise development on the last day of the transfer window, Charlton came in with a £7.25m offer for Marcus Cook which was accepted by Boro. Later that day Cook agreed terms with Charlton and moved there. The news was warmly welcomed by Phil Jageilka, who said that Marcus Cook was an exciting prospect.

Games Played Stats

Kyrgyzstan

Turkmenistan

Player News – Kyrgyzstan

Zuvzonamin Lui – Wanted by AC Milan and Benfica (Hurray, about blooming time someone took and an interest in my player).

Ryan – Wanted by Piacenza.

Benj – Wanted by Lecce.

Mastinho – Wanted by Arsenal and Bolton.

Azeryk – Out for a further month with a hip injury.

Player News - Turkmenistan

Alvaro De Santiago – Out for 6 days with a damaged shoulder.

Samaras Taraldo – Wanted by Inter Milan.

Ghoolbi Dumats – Wanted by Chelsea and Man City.

Bennitto Hagan – Wanted by PSG and Villareal.

Luke Swinson – Wanted by several average Premiership teams and Arsenal and Marseille.

Marcus Cook – Had also attracted attention, but no bids, from Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd.

Peter Slater – Out for 4 weeks with a sprained ankle.

Selim Atas – Wanted by Chelsea, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Pablo Gonzalez – Wanted by several medium Serie A sides.

Wages + Values

Kyrgyzstan

Turkmenistan

Kyrgyzstan

Most Valuable Player: Alan £17.25m

Highest Wage Packet: Mick Bubble £29,000pw

Turkmenistan

Most Valuable Player: Selim Atas £28.5m

Highest Wage Packet: Selim Atas / Pablo Gonzalez £37,500pw

Where is everyone?

(Players on loan are listed at the division of their loan club)

England Premiership - 12

Italy Serie A - 10

Spain La Liga - 5

England Championship - 2

Belgium Premier League - 1

Germany First Division - 1

China Super League - 1

</pre>

Are clubs hogging the superstars?

(Players on loan are listed at their parent club)

Chelsea - 3

Everton - 3

Liverpool - 3

AC Milan - 2

Arsenal - 2

Athletico Madrid - 2

Inter Milan - 2

Lazio - 2

Man Utd - 2

</pre>

Top 10 Largest Summer Transfer Window Signings

1. Karim Benenza Lyon --> AC Milan £34.5m

2. Michael Essien Chelsea --> Juventus £33m

3. Michael Dawson Lazio --> Inter Milan £18.5m

4. Johan Djourou Bayern Munich --> Barcelona £15.5m

5. Fernando Belluschi Bayern Munich --> Real Madrid £15.5m

6. Carlos Vela Arsenal --> Bayern Munich £15.25m

7. Joe Cole Chelsea --> Roma £15.25m

8. Marco Donadel PSG --> Lazio £14m

9. Raul Garcia Barcelona --> Liverpool £13.75m

10. Riccardo Montolivo Chelsea --> Sporting Lisbon £13.25m

</pre>

Being that I am a die hard Man U fan, the move to Chelsea is a blessing and a curse, but GO ELFDOG. Wow, that was awersome WW. Now, who do I need to knock off to get the playing time I so covet?

This sign up rules man, only other question I got is, are you going to continue this when the new version cames out. I certainly hope so, or a new one starts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elf_30:

Being that I am a die hard Man U fan, the move to Chelsea is a blessing and a curse, but GO ELFDOG. Wow, that was awersome WW. Now, who do I need to knock off to get the playing time I so covet?

This sign up rules man, only other question I got is, are you going to continue this when the new version cames out. I certainly hope so, or a new one starts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've only got Cech and Cudicini ahead of you lol! You're currently listed in the reserves squad, but I would hope you get promoted to the first team sometime during the season.

As for your other question, I'll continue with the sign up as long as people keep on posting. My aim is to do at least up to the 2012 Olympics (so 2 more seasons min), but I will probably go up to the World Cup 2014 then review the situation (4 seasons more). If I do a FM2008 sign up it wouldn't be until SI have released a patch (or even 2 patches like with FM2007). icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal, Pleeeeeeease get me out of Teeside icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think you missed some vital news at the top of the Sept 1st Update Cookie.

Marcus Cook moved to Charlton on the last day of the transfer window. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal, Pleeeeeeease get me out of Teeside icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think you missed some vital news at the top of the Sept 1st Update Cookie.

Marcus Cook moved to Charlton on the last day of the transfer window. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmm wanted by Chelsea, Man U and i join Charlton......who cares at least i've got a chance of getting my career going again.

Cheers WW, keep up the great work icon_biggrin.gif

In a slight change to the way player cam operates, I will now focus on various big games involving the superstars and will bring these to your attention.

Therefore I present to you... Match of the Week. icon14.gif

MOTW Report

Sun 19th Sept: Arsenal v Man Utd – English Premiership

Samaras Taraldo starts for Man Utd. Rhys + Gareth Davies are on the bench for Arsenal.

Arsenal come out of the blocks first forcing Van Der Sar to make a good save.

After 18 minutes the opening goal comes. Henry is released down the right by Denilson. He puts in a cross into the back post where Adebayor heads the ball back across goal and into the net. 1-0.

Arsenal continue to press throughout the half but cannot increase their lead. They go in at half time content that they have limited Man Utd to long range shots.

HT: Arsenal 1 v 0 Man Utd

Half Time Stats

4 minutes into the 2nd half and Arsenal double their lead. A long from Eboue finds Adebayor, who spins his marker but slotting into the far post. 2-0.

Its joyous celebrations for Adebayor as a minute later he heads home at the near post after a cross from the left to complete his hat-trick. 3-0.

The Emirates erupts again just 4 minutes later as Denilson scores with a fine 25+ yarder into the top right corner. 4-0.

Rosicky hits the bar after 74 minutes from close range.

However, within a minute of that incident Hleb swings in a corner from the right and up leaps Toure to score his sides 5th goal. What a rout!!! 5-0.

Man Utd picked up a consolation goal with 5 minutes to go, Toure deflecting the ball into his own net. 5-1.

FT: Arsenal 5 v 1 Man Utd

Match Overview

Man Utd Player Stats

Adebayor picks up the MOM award and a rating of 10 for his hat-trick. A poor performance by Man Utd and Taraldo, reflected in their ratings. A shame that neither of the Davies’ came on.

Week ending Sunday 19th September 2010

After the match, Man Utd boss Aguirre picked on Taraldo, saying that his recent form has been below par (10-6-7-8-5).

Selim Atas has twisted his ankle and will be out for 3 weeks.

The World Rankings for September have been released:

Turkmenistan 22nd (1118 points) Down 1 place

Kyrgyzstan 49th (621 points) Up 2 places.

</pre>

MOTW Report

Weds 22nd Sept: Lazio v AC Milan – Serie A

A big clash of the superstars in this game. Bill, Bennitto Hagan & Luke Swinson all start in a 4-4-2 formation for Lazio and Mick Bubble & Hermandinho start for AC Milan in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Lazio have drawn both of their league games so far this season, AC Milan winning both of theirs.

The opening half hour openly brought half chances, AC Milan having the best through Gilardino which was well saved by the Lazio goalie.

Bill was put through on goal after 35 minutes, but Hermandinho tracked back incredibly and made a vital tackle.

HT: Lazio 0 v 0 AC Milan

Half Time Stats

Swinson is subbed at half time for Geremi.

The second half starts at a slow pace.

Bill is subbed after 71 minutes.

Bennitto plays the ball into the box, but Vagner Love’s shot is well saved by Ustari.

Mick Bubble is subbed after 73 minutes.

Bennitto Hagan picks up a yellow card.

Ustari again makes a good save, this time to deny Pandev.

2 minutes to go and Bennitto finds himself one on one with Ustari after a ball over the top. His shot can only be parried by Ustari but Hermandinho is there to clear the loose ball to safety.

FT: Lazio 0 v 0 AC Milan

Match Overview

Lazio Player Stats

AC Milan Player Stats

The two sides couldn’t be separated and this game was certainly evident for its strong defensive performances.

Hermandinho collects the MOM award for his good performance at the back.

Week ending Sunday 26th September 2010

After the Lazio v AC Milan game, Lazio’s manager praised Hermandinho for his good performance.

Hermandinho snubs the praise.

Liverpool manager Roberto Mancini has told the press he is disappointed with the recent form of Alan. (7-6-6-7-5).

Alan responds by saying that he is currently short of form.

Prof Frink has sprained his ankle and will be out for a couple of weeks.

Koppers is a regular starter for Barcelona. Although it is rather ironic that he moved over the summer due to AC Milan not playing with 4 at the back last season so he couldn't get a game, yet this season they do play with 4 at the back!

Prof Frink + Turkus Mendieta were playing together before the Prof got injured, yet Everton have had mixed results so far this season.

MOTW Report

Sun 2nd Oct: Birmingham v Everton – English Premiership

With Prof Frink out injured, it is just Turkus Mendieta + Benj who line up for Everton against Birmingham in a 4-4-2 formation.

Benj heads clear a corner from Birmingham but the clearance falls to a Birmingham player who volleys from the edge of the area. The shot is dramatically headed off the line by Gavilan.

18 minutes gone and Gary O’Neil is fouled in the Birmingham penalty error. Up steps Andy Johnson who dispatches the penalty. 0-1.

Everton keeper Costil pulls off a fine one-on-one save against David Nugent just as the first half was coming to a close.

HT: Birmingham 0 v 1 Everton

Nugent equalises for Birmingham after 55 minutes, tapping in from 2 yards after Costil could only parry a shot by Okaka. 1-1.

David Bellion almost got Birmingham a 2nd goal just 2 minutes later but Benj made a great challenge trackingback.

FT: Birmingham 1 v 1 Everton

Match Overview

Everton Player Stats

Week ending Sunday 2nd October 2010

Mick Bubble has been praised by his manager for his recent excellent form at AC Milan (7-7-8-7-9).

Bennitto Hagan has a thigh strain and will be out for a week.

Games Played Stats

Kyrgyzstan

Turkmenistan

League Tables

Belgium - First Division

England - Premiership

England - Championship

Germany - First Division

Italy - Serie A

Spain - La Liga

Champions League Group Stages Draw

A bit late admittedly as the games have already begun, but here’s the group stage draw:

Group A - Real Madrid, Anderlecht, CSKA Moscow, Porto

Group B - Arsenal, Palermo, HSV, Rapid

Group C - Chelsea, Juventus, Fenerbahce, Werder Bremen

Group E - Inter Milan, Dinamo Kiev, Sporting Lisbon, Vitesse

Group G - Athletico Madrid, Bayern Munich, Celtic, Fiorentina,

Group H – Liverpool, Charleroi, Monaco, Sevilla,

</pre>

UEFA Cup Group Stages Draw

Group A - Aston Villa, Austria Wien, PSG, Galatasarray, Gladbach.

Group C – AC Milan, Genk, Litex, Panathinaikos, Zenith St Peterburg

Group F – Man Utd, Basel, Brann, Real Sociedad, Toulouse

Group H – Barcelona, Besiktas, Leeds, RKC, Olympiakos

</pre>

Just a reminder that in mid October both countries have 6 games each over a period of 2 weeks for the Asian Nations Cup Qualifiers:

Kyrgyzstan is in a group with Iran, Jordan and Tajikistan.

Turkmenistan is in a group with Kuwait, Singapore and U.A.E.

The top 2 teams in each group qualify, so qualification should be a piece of cake.

Be nice to see a start or two at Chelsea, but I doubt it this season anyway, anyone know of a good hitman Elfdog can call to take out Chec, not kill, just take him down for 6 or 7 months, LOL. Looking forward to the Asia Qualifiers, nother chance to redeem ourselves and start moving back up the world rankings.

anyone know of a good hitman Elfdog can call to take out Chec, not kill, just take him down for 6 or 7 months, LOL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just ask Nicky Hunt, he seemed to do a decent enough job last season! icon_wink.gif

Apart from arsenal, it looks like palermo have a decent chance of beating the teams in their group, or at least get a UEFA spot, so bring on the European football!

Good thing of Europe is the fact that together with the league and cups, it adds up to too many matches to play for 11 players, so I'm bound to play some time icon_smile.gif

Turkmenistan v Singapore

Weds 13th Oct: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifier

The day before the match and Turkmenistan received bad news. Ghoolbi Dumats had broken his ankle and will have to spend the next 3 months on the sidelines.

Pre Match

The first game in charge for Yury Magdiev and he opts for a 3-5-2 sweeper formation, with Selim Atas as the captain and key man. Only 8 superstars are starting though, with Rhys Davies, Luke Swinson, Humphrey Koppers + Peter Slater on the bench. For Ulfinus Chaoconov + Turkus Mendieta there isn’t even room on the subs bench.

My Opinion

Despite playing in Singapore, Turkmenistan should have too much for the opposition. A comfortable win.

In only the 2nd minute Turkmenistan barged their way down the centre of the pitch. Bennitto sets up Gonzalez who seemed destined to score, but the goalkeeper spread himself well and the ball was cleared.

After 11 minutes the deadlock is broken, Bennitto playing Atas through down the centre of the pitch. He calmly slots home. 1-0.

17 minutes gone and Gareth Davies plays in Gonzalez, who scores at the second attempt. 2-0.

25 minutes gone and its game over. Bennitto has a long shot blocked, but it falls into the path of Gareth Davies, who slots it in at the near post. 3-0.

Atas should have made it four nil after 34 minutes but the keeper makes a great close range save after a cross from the right by Gareth Davies.

HT: Turkmenistan 3 v 0 Singapore

Half Time Stats

Hermandinho is left unmarked in the penalty area from a corner on the right, but his header goes over the bar.

Gonzalez sees his left footed shot go narrowly wide.

72 minutes gone and Turkmenistan make a double substitution. Off goes Gareth Davies and on come Luke Swinson + Peter Slater. Swinson takes over as captain and plays in the right wing back role.

Koppers comes on after 79 minutes to play at left wing back.

Gonzalez gets the fourth goal for Turkmenistan after 81 minutes, firing in a pull back from Atas. 4-0.

Peter Slater sees his header hammer against the crossbar after a corner from the left.

Gonzalez is through on goal with a couple of minutes to go but sees his chance of a hat-trick slip away as he smashes the ball over the bar.

FT: Turkmenistan 4 v 0 Singapore

Match Overview

Player Stats

A good win for Turkmenistan, who now have a days rest until their next match against Kuwait on Friday.

Other Group Result: Kuwait 1 v 1 U.A.E.

Kyrgyzstan v Tajikistan

Weds 13th Oct: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifier

Alexandr Korzanov adopts a much more traditional and logical approach compared to his Turkmenistan counterpart. 11 superstars start for Kyrgyzstan in a 4-4-2 formation, with Lui in goal and Alan as captain and key man. On the bench is Elfdog, Azeryk, Freealdinho + Halali.

My Opinion

Tajikistan will not be a rollover but Kyrgyzstan should have too much for their opponents.

Kyrgyzstan has the vast majority of the early possession but good goalkeeping on several occasions prevent them from taking the lead. The highlights included a good close range save from Bill and fine diving save to stop a Benj header.

20 minutes gone and Bubble puts in a cross from the right, Alan connects but his header hits the left post.

Kyrzgystan finally break through after 23 minutes. Mastinho + Gary McNeil had swapped wings and it proved to be the crucial factor as Mastinho swung in a corss from the right and Gary McNeil was at the back post to header back across the goal and into the corner of the net. 1-0.

Tajikistan are then given a double whammy, as straight from the kick off Bill intercepts the ball, passes to Alan who runs past his man before smacking it in the top corner. 2-0 and it took just 8 seconds to score that goal!

Just before the half hour mark the Tajikistan keeper makes a horrendous clearance straight to the path of Alan who is left with a simple finish as the keeper was out of position. 3-0.

HT: Kyrgyzstan 3 v 0 Tajikistan

Half Time Stats

54 minutes gone and Gary McNeil plays a long ball over the top for Bill, who takes it in one-on-one with the keeper before comprehensively burying it past him. 4-0.

Another poor clearance, this time from a defender goes straight to Alan who plays in Bill, but this time his shot goes narrowly wide of the right hand post.

Good passing between Robson, Alan + Benj resulted in Benj having a 25 yard shot being pushed round the post by the Tajikistan keeper.

Freealdinho comes on for Alan after 76 minutes.

Mastinho is subbed after 82 minutes and Robson is subbed after 89 minutes.

Freealdinho sets up Bill deep into injury time but again the keeper makes a good save.

FT: Kyrgyzstan 4 v 0 Tajikistan

Match Overview

Player Stats

A good win for Kyrgyzstan and a great start to the qualifying campaign.

Other Group Result: Iran 5 v 0 Jordan

Archived