The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 – The Battle of the ‘stans’ (Holiday / Sign Up

Kuwait v Turkmenistan

Fri 15th Oct: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifier

Pre Match

8 superstars start for Turkmenistan in an unchanged line up from the previous game. Key man and captain is Selim Atas. On the bench are Rhys Davies, Luke Swinson, Humphrey Koppers + Peter Slater.

My Opinion

Another fairly easy win for Turkmenistan.

Kuwait hit the ground running and offer the early threats on goal. After a shot just over the bar after 10 minutes, Kuwait have a golden opportunity, 10 yards out and a free header, but it goes straight into the arms of De Santiago.

Taraldo makes a goalline clearance after 18 minutes, as De Santiago could not hold a shot from a tight angle.

Kuwait counter attack after 21 minutes and their forward sees a shot go just wide of the far post.

Turkmenistan have claims of a penalty turned down by the ref, but the move culminates in a corner after desperate last gasp blocks from shots from Gareth Davies + Selim Atas.

Hermandinho picks up a yellow card for a late tackle after 40 minutes. The Kuwait freekick forces a good save from De Santiago, with Hermandinho there to sweep up things.

Atas forces the first good save from the Kuwait keeper after 44 minutes, tipping a header round the post.

HT: Kuwait 0 v 0 Turkmenistan

Half Time Stats

Kuwait has perhaps been the better of the 2 teams so far.

Bennitto hits a long shot over the bar after 53 minutes.

Turkmenistan put the ball in the net after an hour after a long ball counter attack, but it is ruled out for a clear offside by Atas.

2 minutes later and Gareth Davies plays through Atas, but the Kuwait keeper spreads himself well.

Atas heads just wide from a Gonzalez cross.

Kuwait really should have taken the lead after 71 minutes. Their striker rounds the keeper but is slightly put off by defenders rushing back and puts his shot into the side netting.

Koppers + Swinson come onto the pitch after 72 minutes.

Gareth Davies is subbed after 79 minutes.

In the fourth minute of injury time Kuwait unleash fury on the Turkmenistan goal, but De Santiago flicks the ball over the bar. Kuwait then get 3 corners in a row, but eventually the threat is removed.

FT: Kuwait 0 v 0 Turkmenistan

Match Overview

Player Stats

Hermandinho wins the MOM award and that is a good indication of the performance by Turkmenistan, their defenders doing a lot more work than expected. 2 points dropped here.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Other Group Result: Singapore 0 v 3 U.A.E.

Table (2/6 games):

1. Turkmenistan +4 4

2. U.A.E. +3 4

-----------------------

3. Kuwait 0 2

4. Singapore -7 0

</pre>

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordan v Kyrgyzstan

Fri 15th Oct: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifier

Pre Match

10 superstars start for Kyrgyzstan, with Lui in goal and Alan as key man and captain. On the bench is Elfdog, Freealdinho & Habib Halali.

My Opinion

This is the team Kyrgyzstan have to beat to qualify as one of these teams will probably join Iran in the Final Tournament. I think Kyrgyzstan will win this game, but not by a large scoreline.

Kyrgyzstan start the stronger and take the lead after 9 minutes, Bill supplying a cross from the left and Benj beats the keeper to the ball at the near post to head home. 0-1.

Benj could have scored his second, but his header from a corner cannons against the post after 12 minutes.

Less than a minute later though and Kyrgyzstan do score, Mastinho having his shot parried by the keeper, but Gary McNeil is there to tap home at the far post. 0-2.

Great save over by Lui, who was running backwards and stretching to tip a looping shot over the bar.

Just before halftime Jordan and get a lifeline, as Ryan brings down his man in the area. Penalty to Jordan. Lui goes the right way but can’t save it. 1-2.

HT: Jordan 1 v 2 Kyrgyzstan

Half Time Stats

Mick Bubble + Mastinho are subbed at half time, with Halali coming on. Kyrgyzstan change to a conservative 3-3-2-1-1 formation.

Lui makes a fine save, changing direction to stop a deflected freekick from going in.

Alan hits the cross bar after 55 minutes with a shot from 25 yards.

Bill almost scores a wonder goal. He steals the ball off a slow defender from inside his own half, but running half the pitch only to have his shot well saved by the keeper.

Almost an own goal for one of the non-superstars, but Lui gets across to tip the ball round the post.

Alan fires a shot low and hard from the edge of the area, but sees his shot go just wide. Gary McNeil is then subbed off.

Alan should have wrapped up victory with 10 minutes to go, but again the Jordan keeper spreads himself well and makes the blocking save.

A poor touch from Halali leaves a Kuwaiti player with a simple finish 8 yards out, but he shockingly blazes the ball over the bar.

FT: Jordan 1 v 2 Kyrgyzstan

Match Overview

Player Stats

Kyrgyzstan holds on for a vital win and 3 points. The MOM goes to Benj.

Other Group Result: Iran 4 v 0 Tajikistan

Table (2/6 games):

1. Iran +9 6

2. Kyrgyzstan +5 6

---------------------

3. Jordan -6 0

4. Tajikistan -8 0

</pre>

Kyrgyzstan v Iran

Sun 17th Oct: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifier

Pre Match

11 superstars start this top of the table clash, with the winners pretty much guaranteed a spot in the Finals. Alan is the captain and key man. On the bench is Elfdog + Freealdinho.

My Opinion

Tricky one as Iran is a good team and in good form, but Kyrgyzstan has 11 superstars on show. I predict a narrow Kyrgyzstan victory.

Mastinho has his shot tipped over the bar after just 2 minutes.

6 minutes gone and Mastinho picks out Bill at the far post with a long deep cross. Bill heads past the despairing keeper. 1-0.

George Robson picks up a yellow card.

Iran start to come back into the game and have the majority of the possession, but can’t get a shot on goal.

Birkinaldo tries an overly hopefully shot from 30 yards. It goes well wide.

A lovely move down the right results in Bill putting the ball into the net, but he was in an offside position when he received the ball.

Bill makes up a few minutes later on though. Benj plays the ball into his feet, he turns and from the edge of the area finds the top corner of the net. 2-0.

37 minutes gone and Mastinho plays the ball to the feet of Alan who is in the 18 yard box, but his legs are taken away from him before he can shoot. Penalty to Kyrgyzstan. Up steps Ryan who smashes the ball into the corner of the net. 3-0.

On the verge of halftime, an Iranian goalkick is headed back by Birkinaldo, with Bill racing onto the ball, but his shot goes over the bar.

HT: Kyrgyzstan 3 v 0 Iran

Half Time Stats

The second half starts quietly but Bill + Robson have shots over the bar.

Alan is replaced by Freealdinho after 73 minutes.

It goes from bad to worse for Iran. They go down to 10 men after 76 minutes, their right mid picking up a 2nd yellow. A raft of substitutions follow, with Mick Bubble + Mastinho getting subbed.

A surging Iranian run forces Lui to come out and make a fine save.

FT: Kyrgzystan 3 v 0 Iran

Match Overview

Player Stats

A great result for Kyrgyzstan, who are now on the verge of qualification. A brace from Bill secures him the MOM award.

Other Group Result: Tajikistan 1 v 2 Jordan

Group Table (3/6 games):

1. Kyrgyzstan +8 9

2. Iran +6 6

---------------------

3. Jordan -5 3

4. Tajikistan -9 0

</pre>

U.A.E. v Turkmenistan

Sun 17th Oct: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifier

Pre Match

An unchanged line up for Turkmenistan, with 8 superstars starting. Samaras Taraldo is the key man and Selim Atas skippers the side. On the bench are Rhys Davies, Humphrey Koppers, Luke Swinson + Peter Slater.

My Opinion

These 2 sides have played twice before, with Turkmenistan winning one and a draw in the other game. I predict Turkmenistan to notch up another win here to create a gap at the top of the group.

U.A.E. starts the brighter and go close after 6 minutes, a curling shot just missing the far post.

Gonzalez almost breaks the deadlock at the other end, his mazy run leads to a shot slid just the wrong side of the post.

Turkmenistan take the lead after 14 minutes. A long goal kick from De Santiago is flicked on by Gonzalez. It looked as if it would be easily cleared by the U.A.E., but Atas chased after the ball just getting to it ahead of the keeper and defender. He took it round the keeper before sliding it towards goal. An Iranian defender got a touch on the ball as it was going in the net, but not enough to classify it as an own goal. 0-1.

De Santiago makes a brilliant save from a U.A.E. freekick to prevent an equaliser.

A couple of minutes later though he couldn’t do anything as a cross from the right led to a close range header flashing past him and into the net. 1-1.

HT: U.A.E. 1 v 1 Turkmenistan

Half Time Stats

Libertinho picks up a knock early in the second half but decides he can carry on.

Peter Slater replaces Gareth Davies after 61 minutes.

Hermandinho saw his header from a corner go just wide of the post, great chance.

Swinson + Koppers come on after 74 minutes in a double substitution.

Libertinho sees a shot from deep curl wide of goal, close.

Both teams have half chances in the final few minutes and as the final whistle goes, both teams will sit back and reflect that this was probably a fair result.

FT: U.A.E. 1 v 1 Turkmenistan

Match Overview

Player Stats

Pablo Gonzalez picks up the MOM award.

Other Group Result: Kuwait 2 v 0 Singapore

Table (3/6 games):

1. U.A.E. +3 5

2. Turkmenistan +4 5

-----------------------

3. Kuwait +2 5

4. Singapore -9 0

</pre>

UAE leads on goals scored in games between the 3 teams tied on points.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

Benj with another great performance icon14.gif

Krygz doing amazing.

One question WW, will you be doing another sign-up for FM 08? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I plan to take this sign up up to the 2012 Olympics (August 2012), as it will allow for a comparison with the team's first attempts. So thats pretty much another 2 seasons.

I would say its highly likely I will do another sign-up for FM08, currently thinking of new ideas to use and what the basis of the sign-up will be, although I'll probably wait until at least the first patch has come out (so probably will be around Xmas time). I quite fancy having a good crack at Dafuge's challenge before starting a sign up (don't have enough time on my hands now to do that and a sign up at the same time).

Of course any sign up I do for FM08, I will give priority to people who were a part of this one, I'll probably put up vague details of it in this thread nearer the time so people can reserve a place before I put the new thread live. icon14.gif

Week ending Sunday 24th October 2010

Wigan have sacked their manager Chris Hutchings. Early reports suggest that Canadian Frank Yallop is the early favourite to be the new manager at the club.

Mick Bubble has strained his neck and will be out for a few days, possibly ruling him out of the next Kyrgyzstan match.

Benj is wanted by Chelsea.

The International call-ups for the final round of 3 matches has been announced and there are several surprises:

Kyrgyzstan have called up only 9 superstars, with Jacariah Birkinaldo, Habib Halali, Alan, Freealdinho + David Frketic all demoted to the U21s and Prof Frink + Benj excluded from the squad.

Turkmenistan have called up only 6 superstars! Rhys + Gareth Davies, Libertinho, Humphrey Koppers, Ulfinus Chaoconov + Selim Atas have all been demoted to the U21s, Marcus Cook + Ghoolbi Dumats are injured and Turkus Mendieta + Samaras Taraldo ignored completely.

Kyrgyzstan v Jordan

Mon 25th Oct: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifier

Pre Match

Only 7 superstars start for Kyrgyzstan today. On the bench is Elfdog. The key man is Gary McNeil and for the first time Bill is captain of the national team.

My Opinion

A draw will confirm qualification to the Finals for Kyrgyzstan but they are up against it due to the ludicrous decision making of the Kyrgyzstan national team manager. A lack of defensive cover could prove costly. However, the fire power upfront on offer should be enough to secure at least a point. Narrow Kyrgyzstan win.

Kyrgyzstan put pressure on the Jordan goal early doors, with Azeryk seeing a shot saved in just the first minute. A couple of minutes later and Azeryk scores, running on to a Bill flick on to bury the ball past the goalie. 1-0.

George Robson almost curls a shot into the top corner with his left foot after 20 minutes.

Bill had a couple of half chances before halftime but nothing to test the keeper.

HT: Kyrgyzstan 1 v 0 Jordan

Half Time Stats

Gary McNeil is subbed at halftime.

A subdued second half as Kyrgyzstan go on the defensive. Mastinho + Bill have long range chances but they are only speculative efforts.

Mastinho is replaced after 72 minutes.

Lui makes a fine save from a header to deny Jordan an equaliser after 75 minutes.

Ryan sees his freekick effort go narrowly over the bar.

With under 2 minutes of normal time remaining Azeryk is played in on goal by a ball over the top. He runs in on goal before slotting the ball past the keeper to secure the game. 2-0.

FT: Kyrgyzstan 2 v 0 Jordan

Match Overview

Player Stats

Azeryk picks up the MOM award for his brace and with that win Kyrgyzstan confirm their appearance in the Asian Nations Cup 2011 with 2 qualifying games to spare.

Other Group Result: Tajikistan 0 v 2 Iran

Group Table (4/6 games):

Q. Kyrgyzstan +10 12

2. Iran +8 9

---------------------

3. Jordan -7 3

4. Tajikistan -11 0

</pre>

Singapore v Turkmenistan

Sun 25th Oct: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifier

Pre Match

Due to the shocking squad selection decisions, only 5 superstars start the game for Turkmenistan, with Luke Swinson on the bench. For the first time ever Hermandinho leads out his nation. He is also regarded as the key man for Turkmenistan.

My Opinion

The lack of superstars is worrying in a must win game for Turkmenistan. However, Singapore are in poor form and Turkmenistan should have enough about them to win.

Just 14 seconds into the game Gonzalez forces the Singapore keeper to tip the ball over the bar. A minute later and Gonzalez smacks the ball against the crossbar from close range after a mini scramble in the box.

Singapore then almost take the lead at the other end, their left mid was left unmarked at the back post but he inexplicably can’t get his header on target.

Peter Slater + Bennitto go close over the next 15 minutes.

Finally Turkmenistan gets the break through, a poor header by a Singapore defender falls to Gonzalez who has all the time in the world to pick his spot and score. 0-1.

43 minutes gone and Bennitto Hagan takes a corner from the right. Peter Slater scores the second goal at the back post with a header. 0-2.

2 minutes into injury time and Gonzalez gets the third for Turkmenistan after Hermandinho played a ball over the top for him. 0-3.

HT: Singapore 0 v 3 Turkmenistan

Half Time Stats

A few minutes into the second half and Gonzalez dribbles past 2 defenders before slotting home to collect his hat-trick. 0-4.

Peter Slater goes close twice in the next 10 minutes.

Luke Swinson is brought on after 74 minutes.

Bennitto Hagan hits the crossbar with a 20 yard freekick after 81 minutes.

FT: Singapore 0 v 4 Turkmenistan

Match Overview

Player Stats

Gonzalez picks up the MOM award for his hat-trick. That’s now 29 goals from just 32 caps for the striker.

Other Group Result: Kuwait 0 v 1 U.A.E.

Group Table (4/6 games):

1. Turkmenistan +8 8

2. U.A.E. +4 8

----------------------

3. Kuwait +1 5

4. Singapore -13 0

</pre>

Thats it for now everyone, my aim to get the final 2 rounds of games in the qualifiers done by the end of the weekend. icon14.gif

Kry is rollin along, too bad I am not getting any playing time, but oh well, my day is coming,,,,,,,

Now where did I put that damn want ad for that hitman. Lui has to go, lol.

Great work WW, keep it up man, cant wait for the new game and your new sign up, but not sure I will be buying the new game, just not enough in the demo to make me want to buy it yet.

Peace

Iran v Kyrgyzstan

Weds 27th Oct: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifier

Pre Match

8 superstars start for Kyrgyzstan, with Prof Frink getting a late call up after receovering from injury. On the bench are Elfdog + Mick Bubble. The captain again is Bill and the key man is Gary McNeil.

My Opinion

With Kyrgyzstan already qualified and Iran only needing a point from 2 games to join them, this game could be a tepid affair. I reckon 1-1.

Mastinho picks up a knock after only 4 minutes, but he stays on the pitch.

zzzzzz... The rest of the half is a snooze fest, until the last couple of minutes, when Lui had to go down well and make a fine save at his near post.

In the fifth minute of stoppage time (how 5 minutes were given is beyond me!) Iran launched a counter attack and the Iranian striker lashed the ball into the net from 25 yards – that woke the crowd up. 1-0.

HT: Iran 1 v 0 Kyrgyzstan

Half Time Stats

Kyrgyzstan try some quick, short passing at the start of the second half, but it is the good old long ball that gets them back in the game. Lui punts the ball downfield, Bill gets onto the end of it and he feeds Azeryk on the left edge of the penalty area. He cuts inside before curling a shot into the far post. 1-1.

Mastinho feels he can’t continue and is subbed off.

Iran come back at Kyrgyzstan though and Lui can only parry a shot from the edge of the area after an hour. The first to react is an Iranian forward who buries the ball into the net. 2-1.

Azeryk is subbed after 72 minutes.

Kyrgyzstan start to push to far up the field in search of an equaliser and all the space to run into is a dangerous tactic. So it proves as an Iranian forward races onto a ball over the top, rounds Lui before slotting home. 3-1.

McNeil almost got one back straight away with a fierce shot just over.

FT: Iran 3 v 1 Kyrgyzstan

Match Overview

Player Stats

A poor showing from Kyrgyzstan, but they stay top of the table as they beat Iran 3-0 in their other meeting so have a marginally better head to head record.

Other Group Result: Jordan 1 v 0 Tajikistan

Table (5/6 games):

Q. Kyrgyzstan +8 12

Q. Iran +10 12

----------------------

3. Jordan -6 6

4. Tajikistan -12 0

</pre>

Turkmenistan v Kuwait

Weds 27th Oct: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifier

Pre Match

Again just 5 superstars line up for Turkmenistan, with Luke Swinson on the bench for them. The captain and key man is Hermandinho.

My Opinion

A win for Turkmenistan will gain secure them qualification to the Finals and I think Turkmenistan will be able to win this… just.

Gonzalez has the best of the early chances after 16 minutes, his header going just wide of the right post.

Bennitto Hagan makes the Kuwait keeper make a fine save after a direct freekick from the edge of the area.

A quick one-two by Kuwait down the left wing leaves Hermandinho out of position. The ball is crossed in and turned home past De Santiago, but the linesman comes to Turkmenistan’s resuce, ruling it out for offside.

Turkmenistan takes the lead after 29 minutes, Peter Slater swinging in a cross from the right, Gonzalez loses his marker and heads the ball home at the back post to net his 30th goal for Turkmenistan. 1-0.

A harmless long ball by a Turkmenistan defender looks to be safely under the control of the Kuwaiti keeper, but an appalling first touch allows Peter Slater to nip in, take the ball and roll it into an empty net. 2-0.

HT: Turkmenistan 2 v 0 Kuwait

Half Time Stats

Turkmenistan has dominated the half and are only 45 minutes from qualifying for the Finals.

Bennitto Hagan picks up a yellow early in the second half.

De Santiago has to tip a long range shot onto the bar after 64 minutes.

Swinson comes on after 73 minutes.

Not long after coming on Swinson picks out Gonzalez on the edge of the area, he spins and shoots but the ball cannons back off the left post.

Kuwait get a goal back with 9 minutes to go, Turkmenistan failing to clear a mini scramble and their striker is left with a tap in from 3-4 yards. 2-1.

Kuwait, sensing a chance of an equaliser push forward. With 3 minutes to go De Santiago pulls off a great double save before Bennitto hacks clear to deny Kuwait their equaliser.

Luke Swinson picks up a yellow card in injury time for a cynical foul. Fortunately the resultant freekick comes to nothing.

FT: Turkmenistan 2 v 1 Kuwait

Match Overview

Player Stats

Turkmenistan hang on to claim their place in the Finals of the Asian Nations Cup 2011. De Santiago wins the MOM award for his superb rearguard action towards the end of the game.

Other Group Result: U.A.E. 2 v 1 Singapore

Table (5/6 games):

Q. Turkmenistan +9 11

Q. U.A.E. +5 11

------------------------

3. Kuwait 0 5

4. Singapore -14 0

</pre>

Turkmenistan v UAE

Fri 29th Oct: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifier

Pre Match

The usual 5 suspects line up for Turkmenistan, with Swinson on the bench again. The captain and key man is Hermandinho.

My Opinion

Dead rubber basically, with both teams already qualified. This game is just to decide who will come top of the table. I think Turkmenistan will edge it.

A quiet start to the game, with both Turkmenistan strikers being well marked out of the game.

De Santiago is eventually called into action, making a smart save at the near post.

Hermandinho picks up a yellow card for a bad tackle after 35 minutes.

Gonzalez misses the best chance of the game so far after 39 minutes. Peter Slater slides the ball across the 18 yard box to him, he beats his man and takes a moment to focus his mind, but his shot is smothered by the sprailing keeper.

Peter Slater forces a good save from the UA.E. keeper at his near post.

Slater then misses a sitter 2 minutes later. Good work from Gonzalez who cuts the ball back to Bennitto, who then plays the ball between 2 defenders for Slater whose first time shot goes miles over the bar.

U.A.E. then almost take the lead in injury time, a close range header is saved by De Santiago.

HT: Turkmenistan 0 v 0 U.A.E.

Half Time Stats

Turkmenistan takes the lead through Peter Slater, who finds the bottom corner with his shot after a cross from deep by the Turkmenistan right wing back. 1-0.

Peter Slater then doubles the lead, running through the centre and onto a ball over the top before nestling the ball inside the far post. 2-0, 69 minutes gone.

Luke Swinson then comes into the game.

Rest of the game was a calm affair.

FT: Turkmenistan 2 v 0 U.A.E.

Match Overview

Player Stats

Peter Slater wins the MOM award for his brace and Turkmenistan finish top of their group.

Other Group Result: Singapore 0 v 1 Kuwait

Final Group Table:

Q. Turkmenistan +11 14

Q. U.A.E. +3 11

------------------------

Q. Kuwait +1 8

------------------------

4. Singapore -15 0

</pre>

Tajikistan v Kyrgyzstan

Fri 29th Oct: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifier

Pre Match

9 superstars start for Kyrgyzstan, who need a win to win the group. Bill is the captain and the key man is Gary McNeil. On the bench is Elfdog.

My Opinion

Tajikistan has yet to get a point in this group yet and I don’t expect that to change. Comfortable win for Kyrgyzstan.

Mastinho has an early chance to score but his shot his well blocked by the Tajikistan keeper.

Mick Bubble takes a freekick quickly and passes the ball down the line for McNeil, who crosses to the near post. Bill gets is head to the ball but can only flick it into the side netting.

Azeryk is found by a long ball into the box by Bubble, but his first time shot is sliced wide.

Bill receives treatment on the sidelines for a knock.

Robson controls the ball from a Lui goalkick, runs towards goal before firing a 25 yard shot just over the bar.

Robson sees his long shot cannon back off the bar. Kyrgyzstan keep on piling on the pressure.

HT: Tajikistan 0 v 0 Kyrgystan

Half Time Stats

Despite the match being completely one sided, Kyrgyzstan can’t find the break through yet.

Bill + Azeryk play a one-two within the 18 yard box, but when the ball returns to Bill, he smacks it against the crossbar.

The breakthrough eventually comes after 52 minutes. Gary McNeil cuts inside from the right wing before unleashing a powerful left foot shot that screams past the keeper. 0-1.

Great play by McNeil down the right wing, he beats his man before supplying a great cross to Bill, but he pulls his shot wide.

Bill has not had the best of games and after 58 minutes he caps it off. He elbows a defender when going up for a header and the referee decides that wasn’t on and shows him the red card. Kyrgyzstan down to 10 men.

Despite being a man light, Kyrgyzstan then go and get a second. Azeryk sprays the ball out to the left, where Mastinho uses his electric pace to sprint past 2 defenders before firing low into the far corner. That’s his first ever goal for Kyrgyzstan, 2-0.

George Robson + Azeryk are subbed after 84 minutes.

Kyrgyzstan get a third after 89 minutes, McNeil supplying non-superstar Ivanov to finish with aplomb. 3-0.

FT: Tajikistan 0 v 3 Kyrgyzstan

Match Overview

Player Stats

Gary McNeil fully deservedly gets the MOM award for his goal, assist and all round great performance.

Other Group Result: Iran 3 v 0 Jordan

Final Group Table:

Q. Kyrgyzstan +11 15

Q. Iran +13 15

----------------------

3. Jordan -9 6

4. Tajikistan -15 0

</pre>

Week ending Sunday 31st October 2010

Jacariah Birkinaldo has pulled a hamstring and will be out for 2-3 weeks.

Freealdinho is wanted by Newcastle.

Now that the Asian Nations Cup 2011 Qualifiers have been completed, here are the complete set of tables showing who has joined Bahrain (the hosts) in the Finals:

Groups A-D Tables

Groups D-G Tables

Here are some summary stats about the performances across all the groups:

Best Average Ratings

Top Goalscorers

Assist Kings

Right, thought I would give a little update on how I see things going in the next few days / weeks:

As there hasn't been a massive amount of postings in regard to the internationals, I plan over the next week before FM2008 comes out to speed up the process and plough through the next few months and get the Asian Nations Cup Final Tournament done. As a result, I will probably not concentrate so much on features such as player cam and just provide you with important news / league tables / player stats at timely intervals upto that point.

Once I've posted up the Asian Nations Cup games I will reassess the situation but I think that after doing 5 complete seasons this would be an appropriate time to bring the sign up to a halt. icon_frown.gif

If anyone wants me to / there is enough demand then I could be persuaded to run the game on holiday mode and do brief seasonal updates after that point, just so you know how Kyrgyzstan / Turkmenistan get on in the long term. icon14.gif

For anyone who is interested in my FM2008 sign-up, I've already come up with my idea for it and it is a completely different type of game to this one (especially as I think I will be able to do some type of AI experiment within the game as well, using you guys as my guinea pigs icon_biggrin.gif ). I tried out my idea on a much, much smaller scale on FM2007 over the past week and it seems to be working really well. All I need before I start it up is for some clever-clogs to make Genie Scout for FM2008 so I can use that to aid the sign-up.

Right, that just about sums it up my thoughts. As we are probably reaching the dusk of this sign up, if you've got any opinions on the sign-up, such as what was good and what wasn't so good, please feel free to comment as I will take your comments / suggestions on board for when I running the next one. icon_smile.gif

The next updates on the game should be up by the end of Sunday, or Monday evening at the worst. icon14.gif

I'm still very interested in this one, good results for us there, but didn't see much reason to comment on Alan's performance as he wasn't in the squad (damn random Kyrgrystani manager)! icon_wink.gif

Would be interested in joining your FM 08 sign-up icon14.gif hopefully when it is created it will emulate the success of this one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

I'm still very interested in this one, good results for us there, but didn't see much reason to comment on Alan's performance as he wasn't in the squad (damn random Kyrgrystani manager)! icon_wink.gif

Would be interested in joining your FM 08 sign-up icon14.gif hopefully when it is created it will emulate the success of this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool beans... as I said earlier, anyone who wants to know about their progress post my projected end date, I will be more than happy to give them a synopsis of their career. icon14.gif

Forgot to include in the post above that I will put in place a reservation list nearer the time so people can reserve their spots in the new thread. I would just ask people to put their names down now, but its slightly more complicated than that. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Week ending Sunday 6th November 2010

Zuvzonamin Lui has come out and told the Chinese press that he feels he has achieved all he can at Shenhua and wishes to move to a bigger club.

Selim Atas is attracting the attention of Real Madrid again.

As there was a large international break for the players, here is an update on how the Champions League and UEFA Cup Group Stages are going:

Champions League Groups A-D

Champions League Groups E-H

UEFA Cup Groups A-C

UEFA Cup Groups D-F

UEFA Cup Groups F-H

Wednesday 1st December 2010 - Monthly Review for November 2010

Bayern Munich are interested in buying Hermandinho.

Freealdinho is attracting interest from Newcastle.

Monaco are interested in bringing Lui over from China.

Benj has interest in him from Chelsea & AC Milan.

Ryan has interest from 4 teams – Saint Etienne, Lens, Udinese & Mallorca.

Rhys Davies is currently tutoring Stephen Malcolm at Arsenal.

Aston Villa are shown as wanting Bennitto Hagan.

Games Played Stats

Kyrgyzstan

Turkmenistan

The World Rankings for November were announced on the 17th November:

Turkmenistan 25th Place (1092 points) Down 1 place

Kyrgyzstan 33rd Place (88 points) Up 11 places

</pre>

Turkmenistan & Kyrgyzstan are now dominating the battle of the ‘stans’, with Uzbekistan the only close rival in 50th place.

With the Asian Nations Cup coming up next season, I thought now would be a timely place to begin a monthly comparison of the best ranked Asian nations:

Here are the top 5 for November:

1. Australia (24th)

2. Turkmenistan (25th)

3. Iran (31st)

4. South Korea (32nd)

5. Kyrgyzstan (33rd)

</pre>

1st January 2011 – Monthly Review for December 2010

Here are the league tables for all the applicable leagues:

Belgium - First Division

England - Premiership

England - Championship

Germany - First Division

Italy - Serie A

Spain - La Liga

Jacariah Birkinaldo received praise earlier in the month from his manager at Liverpool, Roberto Mancini, for his recent fine form.

The same weekend and Everton manager David Moyes praised his centreback Prof Frink for his solid performances at the back. Prof Frink thanked his manager for the praise.

Mick Bubble was in a weird situation a week later, when the AC Milan full back received praise from his own manager and the opposition manager for the same game. He graciously accepted both sets of praise.

A football website reported during the month that Lens were preparing a £19.25m bid for Ryan, but Calgari were quick deny any rumours and no actual bid came to fruition. Ryan also came out and spoke of his wish to remain at Calgari if possible.

Fernando Torres won the World Footballer of the Year Award, then a couple of weeks later picked up the European Footballer of the Year Award.

Habib Halali has attracted the interest of Arsenal, Leeds, PSG & AC Milan.

David Frketic is wanted by Lazio.

The World Rankings for December showed no changes in positions for any of the top 50 teams.

Tuesday 1st February 2011 – Monthly Review for January 2011

Part One - Turkmenistan News

Humphrey Koppers has been criticised for his poor form for Barcelona. Koppers believes this is a tad harsh.

Javier Aguirre has singled out Samaras Taraldo for praise for his form over early January for Man Utd. Taraldo said he was delighted to receive such praise.

Down at Arsenal, Rhys Davies was receiving the admiration of his boss Arsene Wenger for his fantastic performances between the sticks.

Real Madrid bid £15m for Hermandinho of AC Milan. This bid was rejected, but Real Madrid came back with a £18.8m bid and this time AC Milan accepted the offer. Hermandinho agreed terms and on 5th January he signed for them, saying that he was looking forward to the challenge of playing for such an illustrious club. Hermandinho becomes the highest ever paid Turkmenistan player, on £43,500 pw.

Gareth Davies has rejected the offer of a new contract from Arsenal, stating that he felt he deserved better bonuses.

Pablo Gonzalez has rejected the offer of a new contract with Chelsea. He felt that with 18 months of his contract left, a wage cut did not represent his best interests.

Alvaro De Santiago has rejected the offer of a new contract from Inter Milan. He believes he should receive a higher bonus package.

Ulfinus Chaoconov has signed a new 3 year deal worth £2m with Athletico Madrid.

Tuesday 1st February 2011 – Monthly Review for January 2011

Part Two - Kyrgyzstan News + 'Other' News

On the 7th January Everton received 4 bids for Benj from Arsenal, Chelsea, Sevilla and Valencia. Chelsea offered £21m + Scott Sinclair, whereas the others offered around £12-14 million. Only Chelsea’s bid was accepted and Benj was delighted to agree terms with the blues. Scott Sinclair agreed terms with Everton and the deal went through. Benj now becomes the highest paid Kyrgyzstan player ever, on £40,500pw.

Freealdinho has less than 6 months left on his contract with Man Utd and twice during January he rejected contact offers from Man Utd, stating he wanted higher bounus payments.

Mick Bubble has rejected the offer of a new contract from AC Milan, stating he did not want to take a pay cut at this stage of his career.

A flurry of interest in Zuvzonamin Lui over January led to several offers from clubs such as Schalke, Heerenveen, Barcelona and Torino. Torino was the only one to have their bid accepted (£1.9m), and Lui was delighted to agree terms and said it was a long held ambition to play in Europe.

David Moyes has again praised Prof Frink for his recent form. Frink is in the ‘form of his life’ apparently.

Man City are interested in Wigan’s Azeryk.

For the first time in 4 years, Selim Atas did NOT win the Asian Young Player of the Year Award!!!

He did not even come in the top 3! The winner was Australian David Williams, with Alan coming as runner-up and 3rd place went to Freealdinho.

The World Rankings for January were released on the 12th January:

Turkmenistan 24th (1092 points) Up 1 place

Kyrgyzstan 32nd (911 points) Up 1 place

</pre>

End of January Transfer Window Update - February 2011

League Tables

Belgium - First Division

England - Premiership

England - Championship

Germany - First Division

Italy - Serie A

Spain - La Liga

Games Played Stats

th_KyrgyzstanFeb2011.jpg

th_TurkmenistanFeb2011.jpg

Wages + Values Stats

Kyrgyzstan Players

Turkmenistan Players

Kyrgyzstan Best Paid Player: Benj £40,500pw

Kyrgyzstan Highest Valued Player: Bill £16m

Turkmenistan Best Paid Player: Hermandinho £43,500pw

Turkmenistan Highest Valued Player: Selim Atas £26.5m

</pre>

Top 5 Big Money January Transfers

1. Benj Everton --> Chelsea £21m + Scott Sinclair

2. Hermandinho AC Milan --> Real Madrid £18.5m

3. Falcao River Plate --> Chelsea £17.5m

4. Hugo Almeida Man City --> Roma £14.75m

5. Silva Juventus --> Sevilla £13.75m

</pre>

End of January Transfer Window Update - February 2011

League Tables

Belgium - First Division

England - Premiership

England - Championship

Germany - First Division

Italy - Serie A

Spain - La Liga

Games Played Stats

Kyrgyzstan Players

Turkmenistan Players

Wages + Values Stats

Kyrgyzstan Players

Turkmenistan Players

Kyrgyzstan Best Paid Player: Benj £40,500pw

Kyrgyzstan Highest Valued Player: Bill £16m

Turkmenistan Best Paid Player: Hermandinho £43,500pw

Turkmenistan Highest Valued Player: Selim Atas £26.5m

</pre>

Top 5 Big Money January Transfers

1. Benj Everton --> Chelsea £21m + Scott Sinclair

2. Hermandinho AC Milan --> Real Madrid £18.5m

3. Falcao River Plate --> Chelsea £17.5m

4. Hugo Almeida Man City --> Roma £14.75m

5. Silva Juventus --> Sevilla £13.75m

</pre>

There, hopefully a bit neater now. icon_rolleyes.gif

and finally...

Olympics Games 2012 Asian Qualifiers

As Kyrgyzstan & Turkmenistan performed so admirably in the last event and their World Rankings have gone through the roof in the last 4 years, instead of entering the preliminary round, they now skip that and the 1st KO and enter the competition at the 2nd KO Round. This means that both nations will only have to win KO tie before going into the final group stages to decide who qualifys for the Olympic Games.

In theory all the superstars should play in these qualifiers as they are young enough, although the ability of the country's new managers may dictate whether that happens or not!!

Selected 2nd KO Round Ties

Kyrgyzstan v Iraq or Brunei or Bhutan - Where Iraq will play the winner of Brunei v Bhutan

Turkmenistan v India or Laos or Guam - Where India will play the winner of Laos v Guam

</pre>

The 2nd KO Round ties will be played in September 2011 (After my proposed end date, so only a brief low-down on the games may be given).

Both teams should beat any of those teams with ease.

That wraps it up for tonight's updates... oh, if you insist, one more update... icon_biggrin.gif

Asian Nations Cup 2011

Group Stage Draw

Top 2 qualify from each group for the Quarter-Finals:

Group A Group B

China (33rd) Iran (28th)

Kuwait (65th) Japan (43rd)

Qatar (37th) Kyrgyzstan (32nd)

South Korea (31st) Uzbekistan (48th)

Group C Group D

Bahrain (83rd) Australia (23rd)

North Korea (56th) Indonesia (88th)

Oman (76th) Saudi Arabia (41st)

U.A.E. (58th) Turkmenistan (24th)

</pre>

Both nations have been unfortunate with their draws, with both Groups B & D probably the toughest to qualify from. Still, both Kyrgyzstan & Turkmenistan have the potential to beat any team in this tournament.

That really does conclude the update for tonight, more to come at various points throughout the week hopefully. icon14.gif

Awesome work WW, and I will definitely be interested in the database for sure, when all is said and done.

Lui is gone, hopefully moved up a bit on the depth charts at Chelsea, but if not, will do what needs to be done.

Great job man.

Archived