Mr Hough Mutto tweak lastest update 3-2-2-1-2

Shame that this and Mr.Hough's original tactic haven't been anywhere near as effective since the patch, as it is the formation (3 at the back, wingbacks & a poacher) that I have tried to implement myself in previous editions of FM

Still, thanks for the good work, really enjoyed it while it lasted

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to hear the consensus on the following tweaks:

- Selecting target man (Striker) and supply set to feet

- Moving CM centre to DM

- Moving CB centre to sweeper

I have been using the tactic in post #90 MOVING one of the CM to DM for the past 5 years with Sunderland and are having great success.

I took over Sunderland at the end of season one when O`neil got the sack and since then i have finished 8th,3rd,5th,2nd & 2nd in the league but have miraculously won the champions league for the past 3 years :)

I occasionally move the DM back to CM depending on strength of the opposition and also tinker with the defensive line when playing away.

Since the Mr Hugh thread is locked I just wanted to say that Mr Hughs first tactic, the one with the lone striker is working good on the new patch. I was loosing quite a few games before the patch with another tactic, when the update came I changed tactics and now I'm in a mid table position with a bad Leeds side.

Currently riding a 5 game winning streak with the new patch and the tweaked version. The only tweaks I've made to it are moving the DCm to an anchorman role, and making the keeper a sweeper keeper to try and cut out through balls. I also use the following shouts: Exploit the middle, hassle opponents and get stuck in. Hope any of that is of use to others.

Doesn't work at all for me with the new patch. Lost all 3 games and not even looking good enough even though I have the best squad in the league.

Same happened to me m8 and then I used this tweak that Phoenix did and all changed :D

This tactic is killing it after the patch. I am in 2022 with undisputably the best side in the world, QPR, but after 16 Premier league Games I have won all and have goal difference For 105 Against 5. Not since diablo have I seen this level of destruction.

This tactic is killing it after the patch. I am in 2022 with undisputably the best side in the world, QPR, but after 16 Premier league Games I have won all and have goal difference For 105 Against 5. Not since diablo have I seen this level of destruction.

That's crazy, you got a screen of that?

which version of the tactic are you using?

i have tweakedthis tactic alittle not so attacking still scores alot

works well for the new update i have found

http://www.mediafire.com/?09t3tn6965cblbo

feel free to test

Worked well with my Leeds game. Got promoted to the prem in my first season, finishing 2nd. Having an awful start to my first prem season, but that is more down to the first 10 fixtures I've been given and the fact Leeds gave me £1.1m to spend in the new season! Seems like a good tactic for the new patch though mate, fair play. It would be perfect if I could use shouts.

Worked well with my Leeds game. Got promoted to the prem in my first season, finishing 2nd. Having an awful start to my first prem season, but that is more down to the first 10 fixtures I've been given and the fact Leeds gave me £1.1m to spend in the new season! Seems like a good tactic for the new patch though mate, fair play. It would be perfect if I could use shouts.

Got sacked with Leeds after 15 games and 3 wins. Using this tactic I should add. This game is really breaking my spirits!

Pre-patch I was after getting as far as 2021 with Leeds finishing 2nd or 3rd in the prem 7 years running. 1 or 2 points off top a lot of times. Losing some terrible matches awful mistakes left right and centre. Tried every tactic around and none of them seem to work for me! Even spent a whole day trying to figure out best formations positions player roles for my team went 20 unbeaten followed by 15 losses of more than 2 goals! Deleted that save game and started again. Cannot replicate even promotion with Leeds since the new patch!

there is a TM version out on the first page which you can use shouts( made by a few member not me)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymxukjsrys3qylt

maybe try that.

ok guys

no playmaker the box is till tick but i don't have 1 selected if i did it would be the AM

no target man either

i do my own team talks depends on the team the aim is to get your players focused

do what works for you get a good ass manger to do your talks if like

match pre again what ever works

i tend to leave it on def set pieces & average balanced for general training

it is a plug & play but don't be afraid to tweak it for your team after all thats have the fun :)

Using this tactic with Arsenal, 1st season. Had great results at home, dominated some big teams, scoring freely and defending well. However, away from home the performances have been really poor, managed to scrape a few wins but usually end up drawing or losing, especially against bottom of the table teams. I've tried tweaking it to be more compact and more counter attack based, but nothing seems to work. Morale is good, players react well to team talks, but nothing really changes. Any ideas what I could do to fix this?

I started a save unemployed and accepted my first offer as the manager of Santa Clara, a humble team in the portuguese second division.

In my first year we managed to win the league (early tactics, early patches) and the next two years we struggle not to get relegated but finally we saved our asses and managed to stay in the portuguese premier league.

From that point on things got better and we finished 9th, 7th and finally 5th, achieving a place for the EURO playoff, where we lost.

Next year we repeated as the 5th team in Portugal, and started my 8th year as the manager of Santa Clara entering the Euro group stage, after winning two playoffs, at the point of starting to use a tweaked version of this tactic, which is made of some ideas that were sugested in this thread.

The tactic looks like this

Santa_Clara_Tactics_Overview.jpg

With this tactic and some shouts (exploit the middle, hassle opponents, get stuck in) we completed our best season ever:

Portuguese_Premier_League_Overview_Stages.jpg

And also got to the Euro Cup quarter final:

EURO_Cup_Matches_Fixtures_Results.jpg

We were also runner-ups of the Taça de Portugal and reached semifinals in the Portuguese League Cup.

Regarding to the shouts, i´ve been experimenting, but the most of the matches i started using the three mentioned above (exploit the middle, hassle opponents, get stuck in) and just against bigger teams i´ve felt like removing hassling opponents, and it worked well. It´s something you have to see in the match, see if your defenders are being caught too much out of position.

Pitch size is standard and i´ve been using general training:attacking and match training:attacking movement until april, where i faced much stronger teams and i found it useful to change both trainings to defending and defending movement. Not very sure about this one

You should not be asking for me to upload my tactic because the only thing i´ve done is what you can see in the screenshot of the tactics screen i posted above, as suggested by 44phoenix in this same thread

What i can do is showing you my players. Let´s start with the sweeper keeper:

Rodney_Rosink_Overview_Attributes.jpg

My wingbacks, the brazilian´s on loan:

J_nior_Overview_Attributes.jpg

Olexiy_Belov_Overview_Attributes.jpg

The three central defenders:

Landry_Diaby_Overview_Attributes.jpg

M_rio_Conde_Overview_Attributes.jpg

Sergey_Mrinskiy_Overview_Attributes.jpg

The anchor-man, signed him as a free transfer offering the best contract i could afford, kinda KEY for my team:

Javi_Garc_a_Overview_Attributes.jpg

My playmaker, i like him to be good at defending as well, but fast and dangerous because he goes forward a lot, you can see he´s not a top player yet but it works:

Ayoub_Jellouli_Overview_Attributes.jpg

My attacking midfielder, i love this guy although he´s far from being top class:

Bernardo_Silva_Overview_Attributes.jpg

My strikers. I bought the italian after selling a central defender for 15M, that´s how i got the money i needed. Word Class. The other striker performs amazing as well:

Gianmaria_Pastorello_Overview_Attributes.jpg

Jonathan_Saavedra_Overview_Attributes.jpg

Finally, i want you to see my transfers for the season i used this tactic. We´re a humble team as i told you and had to sell our stars in order to get stronger:

Santa_Clara_Transfers_History.jpg

I hope this helps. I´d also like you to help me because there are a lot of things that can be improved in this tactic and the players that suit the roles used.

I´m not very convinced of how my attacking midfielder plays (should it be more like a striker or is creativity really needed as he doesn´t seem to perform a lot of through balls?). My playmaker is also a problem sometimes because he attacks a lot and i see my team performs better playing there a guy who can run, dribble, cross and shoot, but that´s suspicious to make my team weaker at the back.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Using this tactic with Arsenal, 1st season. Had great results at home, dominated some big teams, scoring freely and defending well. However, away from home the performances have been really poor, managed to scrape a few wins but usually end up drawing or losing, especially against bottom of the table teams. I've tried tweaking it to be more compact and more counter attack based, but nothing seems to work. Morale is good, players react well to team talks, but nothing really changes. Any ideas what I could do to fix this?

not sure have you tried changing your match pre against lower teams

try rotating your team alittle.

if i haven't scored by 55 mins in i sub 1 or both my striker and my am

i expect alot from my players if i don't get i let them know harsh 1/2 time team talk

hope this helps

how would u tweak wbr/l after the new patch 1320/1?

I have good resulst with the first tatic, just the way wbr/l playing is not what i like

they shoot too often:1.they will dribble from behind to front of penalty area, then shoot widely...2.they will cut in from goal line and never choose to cross but to shoot even there's no angle at all

Archived