With this team this should not be happening - Is game too easy

After been in administration at the beginning of the season, only 8 fit players available, no money to spend, in administation. Before the game came out this team was described among theSI community as a challenge however, should this be happening, I know its only 11 games but?

bluesquarebetsouthovervk.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wish I was finding the game this easy, I think once you get a tactic you like and works and a system going all FM's are easy, had a great game on 12 till I messed it up going on holiday with auto save on for a year just to nosey at something and lossing my actual save

Cant wait to find that on this game as Im struggling in all areas of the pitch

Wish I was finding the game this easy, I think once you get a tactic you like and works and a system going all FM's are easy, had a great game on 12 till I messed it up going on holiday with auto save on for a year just to nosey at something and lossing my actual save

Cant wait to find that on this game as Im struggling in all areas of the pitch

I think Ive been playing CM/FM for too long as eventually I found a winning formulae and have used it in every incarnation of the game which has always led to success, as each team I manage I have success with and never been sacked. With FM13 I wanted a struggle, so decided to start with sunday league rep and also discussed with the SI community which would be the hardest way forward and the team Truro was seen as a massive challenge due to them been in administration, not been able to sign players and having only 8 fit players. The issue was when I took them over they kept winning while been in administration even with the greyed out players. They lost all the friendlies but when it came to competitive football they started winning and drawing the games. After the takeover I managed to sign the best players available. I know its only 11 game gone and things could rapidly change but I would have thought it would have been harder than this to start with hence my post!!

Just wait, you'll hit the 'winter lull' and you won't be able to buy a point. So many people have posted, especially in lower league games, about how their form drops like a brick during the winter months.

Happened to me at Luton, went from 1st to 6th. Back up to 1st now after a good cup run boosted team morale and some lucky injuries for my promotion rivals (3 top goal scorers and a keeper, couldn't have asked for more luck tbf) have seen them drop points to the lesser teams.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wait, you'll hit the 'winter lull' and you won't be able to buy a point. So many people have posted, especially in lower league games, about how their form drops like a brick during the winter months.

Happened to me at Luton, went from 1st to 6th. Back up to 1st now after a good cup run boosted team morale and some lucky injuries for my promotion rivals (3 top goal scorers and a keeper, couldn't have asked for more luck tbf) have seen them drop points to the lesser teams.

We will see where I am at end of Feb but its looking good at end of Jan

bluesquarebetsouthovervy.png

After the takeover I managed to sign the best players available.

I went Truro, and all the takeover does is take you out of administration, not give you any sort of wage/transfer budget. It's still really difficult to attract any sort of player. I scoured the leagues for ages, and managed to get a decent couple on loan which helped me avoid relegation (finished 15th). Went better the following season, finished 4th, but disatrously lost in the playoff final, then really struggled the following season with zero money and all the best players leaving.

Show us a screen shot of your squad then.

I went Truro, and all the takeover does is take you out of administration, not give you any sort of wage/transfer budget. It's still really difficult to attract any sort of player. I scoured the leagues for ages, and managed to get a decent couple on loan which helped me avoid relegation (finished 15th). Went better the following season, finished 4th, but disatrously lost in the playoff final, then really struggled the following season with zero money and all the best players leaving.

Show us a screen shot of your squad then.

It was Kevin Heaney who took over as part of a consortium in the takeover in my game, which I thought was unrealistic as irl it was him who the administrators took over from

When I got tookover they gave me a wage and transfer budget, cant remember what it was but I have £5.55k left and a wage budget of £115'700 on which I am spending £77'740on salaries

First Team squad

trurocitysquadplayers.png

Reserve Squad / Under 18 squads

trurocitysquadplayers2.png

Transfers

trurotransfershistory.png

How on earth did you manage to sign players from Wycombe and Bournemouth? The only players that would even think of signing for me that weren't frees were young loanees from Exeter, Torquay, or Plymouth.

I'd also love to know how you managed to get such a high wage budget, have any sort of transfer budget without selling a single player, how your job status in January of the first season is 'untouchable', and how you have a 'sporadic' world scouting knowledge. WORLD scouting knowledge?? I mean, come on, Truro scouts barely know anyone from north of Bristol in the game.

Something not quite adding up here. Have you had a cheeky wee play around with the editor? :rolleyes:

How on earth did you manage to sign players from Wycombe and Bournemouth? The only players that would even think of signing for me that weren't frees were young loanees from Exeter or Plymouth.

I'd also love to know how you managed to get such a high wage budget, have any sort of transfer budget without selling a single player, how your job status in January of the first season is 'untouchable', and how you have a 'sporadic' world scouting knowledge. WORLD scouting knowledge?? I mean, come on, Truro scouts barely know anyone from north of Bristol in the game.

Something not quite adding up here. Have you had a cheeky wee play around with the editor? :rolleyes:

I haven't touched the editor apart from trying to get Truro with a 10 point deduction to make my game harder. This wasn't done on this save though as I was going to create another save with Truro after this save, You will see this in previous posts if you research the forums, I couldnt do it as there was a bug in editing this data, which I logged with the bugs section. I brought in other scouts, who again where the best ones who would come to the club and hadn't actually realised that my world scouting knowlege was sporadic tilll you pointed it out.

You will also see if you research the forums that I wanted the hardest challenge going on Sunday League rep, that why I picked Truo as I asked the forum for advice as got fed up of winning on FM12 and was getting bored with the game.

If you notice alot of my players are also non contract so they dont get paid unless they play in which they then get an appearance fee.

Who did you get taken over by as a matter of interest as that might be the reason of more investment between the games, maybe its random on different set ups?

Who did you get taken over by as a matter of interest as that might be the reason of more investment between the games, maybe its random on different set ups?

Just a local businessman, all he did was clear the debts, this was the only real message I got about it...

Outofadmin.jpg

What I will say is that my game was on FM Classic as I was testing that game mode out for a few seasons, dunno if that had any effect.

lol that's like 75x the budget of truro 115k p/w instead of 1.53 when I start a game with the same team, no wonder the game is too easy for you, considering the budget you have vs teams in the same league.

It is 115k per annum,that means 115k per year not per week.

lol that's like 75x the budget of truro 115k p/w instead of 1.53 when I start a game with the same team, no wonder the game is too easy for you, considering the budget you have vs teams in the same league.

Sorry didn't make it clear salary is £115k per annum not p/w and also the majority of the players who I signed where on non contracts and only got appearance fees, goal bonuses if they played or are loans.

I guess this doesn't come out of your transfer budget/wage budget as they are not on a contract?

Just a local businessman, all he did was clear the debts, this was the only real message I got about it...

Outofadmin.jpg

What I will say is that my game was on FM Classic as I was testing that game mode out for a few seasons, dunno if that had any effect.

If you go to landmarks and staff it will name the chairman. Im playing the full version of the game not FM classic so maybe thats why

If you go to landmarks and staff it will name the chairman. Im playing the full version of the game not FM classic so maybe thats why

I'm no longer with them, I resigned as I was due to be sacked after one more defeat, and the Bradford job came up. I'm pretty done with that save anyway, FM Classic's a bit too basic for me.

Oh I didn't know you could modify that to show per annum instead of week so I didnt pay attention to that, sorry.

No worries, you do it in the preferences, you can also alter the way the weight, distance is shown to. I prefer to work to an annual budget when I play the game.

Just wish I was finding it harder that all, maybe Ive been playing FM too long as never been sacked since Championship Manager versions

I'm no longer with them, I resigned as I was due to be sacked after one more defeat, and the Bradford job came up. I'm pretty done with that save anyway, FM Classic's a bit too basic for me.

I didn't like the look of FM classic as I thought it would also be too basic for me. Even though I dont have much time I still like to play the game in depth.

Just wish I was finding it harder that all, maybe Ive been playing FM too long as never been sacked since Championship Manager versions

In fairness, the fact you've been given a bit of money to build a biggish squad at Truro has made it a great deal easier. I had about 16 players in total plus a few youths. Still dunno how you managed to attract loan players from the other side of the country!

The game is indeed an easy challenge and have been so since its conception back in the old Championship days. The problem is not, as so many on this forum religiously claim, that we have learned to master the game and thus made it easy. That explanation should never be good enough for a developer who make simulation games.

In FM13 the AI have managed to become a great deal more adapt setting a tactic and change it during the game, but it still lack in team building, player purchases (although it's a lot better than previously) and youth managing.

It seems that no matter how low you start on the totem pole its only a question of how long it will take for you to climb it to the top, rather than how long it will take for you to fall off. It's nearly impossible to not do well in the long run and it is here the biggest problem in the game lies.

I am campaigning for SI to make the game modable. I am sure that the collective efforts of a community this devoted to the game would produce some amazing mods. Other developers have tremendous success enabling mods in their games. Why not Football Manager?

Archived