I'm very dissapointed with FMC

Why are all the Advanced Options locked? I just can't find a logical reason why.

Why can't we choose which leagues to load from each country? Why can't we disable player attribute masking.

I was very excited about FMC and is one of the main reasons why i bought this game, but player attribute masking makes the game unplayable for me.

Should have tried the demo out before i bought the game, but i was busy studying.

I hope this can be fixed with future patches.

Not sure about the thinking behind the leagues. But from what I've read on this forum you won't be able to pick and choose the leagues from each nation on this years version although they will consider changing it for future iterations of the game. Given the speed of the game I don't think you'll be held back speed wise by having leagues you have no intention of playing loaded, although I can fully understand the view of I'd rather have the top French/German leagues opposed to the bottom English/Italian/Spanish leagues. I'm sure as with all features a bit of refinement over the next couple of editions will get it working in a way that keeps everyone happy.

To get round the attribute masking all you need to do is have a player win player of the month which enables the use of the unlockable "high visibility" which is essentially attribute masking. If you play as a big team ie Barcelona/Real/Man Utd/Chelsea/City/Juve you can probably unlock this in the first month of matches. It's the easiest unlockable to do get as far as I'm concerned.

If you want to see a players attributes scout him, couldn't be much easier really.

You say that, but do large amounts of scout reports still slow the game down?

Attribute masking is a very annoying "feature". I don't think I've ever used it.

My scout has scouted over 4,000 players after just over 3 seasons, game is running as fast as ever.

Don't forget he already has 100% knowledge of his major country so no extra processing is involved.

Edit, it's actually over 8,000

Why are all the Advanced Options locked? I just can't find a logical reason why.

Why can't we choose which leagues to load from each country? Why can't we disable player attribute masking.

I was very excited about FMC and is one of the main reasons why i bought this game, but player attribute masking makes the game unplayable for me.

Should have tried the demo out before i bought the game, but i was busy studying.

I hope this can be fixed with future patches.

Feel free to support my poll further down the page :)

The attribute masking thing was however explicitly announced in advance numerous times.

• Administrators

Achievements have been in the game for years.

If you don't understand 'the point', thats fine - you don't have to use them to enjoy an FMC game.

My understanding of FMC is that it is supposed to be easier, quicker and more accessible. How does having Fog of War on permanently achieve this exactly?

Oh yes, it's so that you pay to remove it... Silly me.

Chargeable FoW deactivation in FMC does seem like a "pester-power" sales tactic for DLC, so much so I cannot believe that this was the intention, it is just too obvious. I really believe SI got this decision badly wrong. Miles said weeks ago that is was much debated but I cannot fathom why this conclusion was made, there is no logic in it. That said it has not bothered me in game as much as I had feared.

• Administrators
My understanding of FMC is that it is supposed to be easier, quicker and more accessible. How does having Fog of War on permanently achieve this exactly?

Oh yes, it's so that you pay to remove it... Silly me.

You can cut out the snide remarks, thanks. If you actually look at the unlockable in question, you don't have to pay.

As I've pointed out before it is the easiest "unlockable" to unlock for free. If you start a game as a big team then I'm sure you will have unlocked it within a couple of hours. Then you can use it in all of your future saves happily. It's just a case of having a player win player of the month if I remember correctly. Simples!

Well I'd love FMC to bits if I could just select more than 3 countries ... this is also my biggest issue with it. It's not because people don't want to spend a lot of time with training etc that we only want 3 countries really.

Chargeable FoW deactivation in FMC does seem like a "pester-power" sales tactic for DLC, so much so I cannot believe that this was the intention, it is just too obvious. I really believe SI got this decision badly wrong. Miles said weeks ago that is was much debated but I cannot fathom why this conclusion was made, there is no logic in it. That said it has not bothered me in game as much as I had feared.

The difference is that, unlike other games, you can get this "DLC content" easily through in-game achievements. I was unhappy about attribute masking too. And then I got the achievement. By complete fluke. And boom, there I have it.

Please don't forget that you can add/remove leagues as your career progresses.

I personally don't like the unlockables being so prominent in the game but none of them are essential to the game in any way. If SI started making unlockables in order to have the ability to manage at international level or to get a job in a top division, then I think you'd have a point. This simply isn't the case though, it really is no big deal.

A funny thing about the DLCs is that they are more expensive if you live in England. For me the DLCs cost the exact same thing except I pay in Danish currency so I only get to pay 1/9 of what English users have to pay.

I haven't bought any, though, so it might just be a mistake from SI/Steam. And should I decide to buy a DLC I might end up paying the value but in Pounds instead and not in Danish currency as shown.

• Administrators
A funny thing about the DLCs is that they are more expensive if you live in England. For me the DLCs cost the exact same thing except I pay in Danish currency so I only get to pay 1/9 of what English users have to pay.

I haven't bought any, though, so it might just be a mistake from SI/Steam. And should I decide to buy a DLC I might end up paying the value but in Pounds instead and not in Danish currency as shown.

That's just a game UI bug.

When you actually try to purchase it will show the correct currency you are paying in on the Steam window.

• Administrators
That's just a game UI bug.

When you actually try to purchase it will show the correct currency you are paying in on the Steam window.

I should add that we will be looking into getting this fixed, thanks for spotting it.

Archived