[FM 13] Que, Sera Cerud ... a new journey for a new year

cerud

Well, I've have a bit of time to play around with FM 13 now and I must say...I'm not that good anymore! So, this career may take some time to get off its feet. But it's time to begin!

Added Modifications

• FM13 Suzie Real Names for Clubs, Competitions, and Awards Fix plus real life media
  • Metallic Logos Megapack
  • taking care of those "other" fixes...the "I can't discuss here" fixes :)

Loaded Nations with all of their Leagues

• Argentina
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Bulgaria
  • China
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • England
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Scotland
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • United States (and Canada!)

Leagues will change as the career progresses and likely shrink in size. The large number to begin with is to help facilitate an unemployed career beginning in smaller leagues. Right now, this gives me a database of 100,000 players.

Starting Date: July 2012, so I get maximum time!

Beginning Manager Profile

Name: Cerud

Nationality: Canadian, with 2nd American

Languages: English, French, and Spanish

Past Experience: Sunday League Footballer

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Career Summary

Club Career Summary

Year   Country   Team            League                         Position   Other

2012   China     Wuhan Zall FC   CFA Jia League                 1st        League Title
2013   China     Wuhan Zall FC   Wanda Plaza CFA Super League   12th       ---

18 July 2012

The Job Offers

Well, there is a mix to be sure. He's the offers that I've received and a brief rundown of the clubs.

Brechin City - Scottish 2nd Division

• Wage - $32.5K
  • Transfer Budget - $0
  • Wage Budget - $275K
  • Currently Spending - $252K

Mirandela - Portuguese 2a Divisão Norte

• Wage - $48K
  • Transfer Budget - $0
  • Wage Budget - $250K
  • Currently Spending - $261K

Defensa y Justicia - Brazilian Nacional B

• Wage - $100K
  • Transfer Budget - $75K
  • Wage Budget - $1M
  • Currently Spending - $1.01M

Kirkarelispor - Turkish 2. Lig

• Wage - $56K
  • Transfer Budget - $10K
  • Wage Budget - $725K
  • Currently Spending - $693K

Çankirispor - Turkish 2. Lig

• Wage - $52K
  • Transfer Budget - $0
  • Wage Budget - $525K
  • Currently Spending - $497K

Krymteplytsya - Ukranian Persha Liga

• Wage - $45K
  • Transfer Budget - $1.6K
  • Wage Budget - $450K
  • Currently Spending - $379K

Bleid-Molenbeek - Belgian Derde Klasse B

• Wage - N/A
  • Transfer Budget - $0
  • Wage Budget - $250K
  • Currently Spending - N/A

Wuhan Zall - Chinese Jia League

• Wage - $100K
  • Transfer Budget - $10.5K
  • Wage Budget - $1.1M
  • Currently Spending - $1.06M

There are a few on this list that others have begun, such as Bleid-Molenbeek and Çankirispor, so probably not heading to either of these places. China is interesting as I've never managed there. But curious to see what others say :)

Welcome back cerud. :)

Definitely go to China imho.

Would be nice to see Wuhan back in the CSL, the old one withdrew from the league and they had to start from scratch.

I agree, China seems like a good choice :)

China... could be interesting!

I like the available wage budget for new signings at Krymteplytsya

I was in Anzhe last year and the Russian rule frustrated me. Probably staying away from there.

And what an awful title. Almost Flamers-bad. :D

Flamers bad!! I take that as a compliment, sir! :D

18 July 2012

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDN1fn_DzawU1O3AOB1KvQ1tf0nwWHoFky6lw2xXAWfHaoCPdL

Unknown Canadian Manger to Lead Wuhan Zall FC

In what can only be described as one of the more surprising signings of the year, unknown Canadian manager Cerud, has taken over operations with Wuhan Zall FC. Wuhan Zall, currently in a comfortable 6th place in the Jia League, have been in the running with several other clubs in the fight for promotion. Cerud spoke earlier today, on his arrival into Beijing:

I am greatly honoured to take over Wuhan Zall. Their commitment to a youth program is one of the reasons I felt that this would be a good fit for. I believe that growing from within is imperative for the success of any club and I hope to continue this and build from the local talent."

It is believed that current Chairman Yan Zhi is a promoter of youth development.

510009629.jpg

Wuhan Zall FC - CFA Jia League

Moving to China seemed like an interesting choice. Asian football is on the rise and going to Wuhan gave my the opportunity to delve right into a professional club. However, it remains to be seen how long I'll be here. Contract negotiations were tough. They would only sign me until the end of 2012, but did offer to pay $110,000 in annual salary. I better make the final games of this season count in order to keep my job!

About the Club

Wuhan Zall FC is a newer club, having organized in 2009. They took over the empty spot of Wuhan Guanggu, who left the league due to what they believed was an unfair punishment. After they dissolved, the province of Hubei was left without a professional club. This paved the way for Wuhan Zall FC.

They began in the third tier of Chinese football, losing only one match all season. This won them immediate promotion to the Jia League. They also began to buy back the contracts of a few players from the old Wuhan Guanggu squad.

The Stats

Year Founded: 2009

Nickname: None

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: None

The Stadium - Xinhua Road Stadium

Year Built: 1955

Capacity: 23,800 all-seater (in reality, it's a 36,000 all-seater. Someone didn't do their homework!)

Owner/Rent: $51.88K/year

Facilities

Training: Fairly Basic

Youth: Basic

Corporate: Fairly Basic

Junior Coaching: Basic

Youth Recruitment: Established

An older stadium, but our average attendance doesn't even come close. Looks like it will be home for a while yet.

20111012141833380.jpg

Standings

Here is what the league currently looks like.

standq.png

2012 Take Over

510009629.jpg

The Stats

CFA Jia League: Achieve a respectable league position

TOSHIBA FA Cup: Already eliminated (Lost 4th Round)

Media Prediction: 5th of 16

Wage Budget: $1,145,414

Currently Spending: $1,064,045 ($81,369 cap space available)

Transfer Budget: $10,611

Main Kit Sponsorship: $31,899 (expires 2013)

Average Ticket Price: $0

Average Season Ticket Price: $18

Season Ticket Holders: 2,376

Estimated Value: $725K

National Club Ranking in China: 22nd

Boardroom Promises: Give youth a chance.

Initial Thoughts

The squad is a bit small, so I will need to look at filling a few holes. However, there are only 12 games left in the season. I may just tough it out and make changes in the off-season. It will depend on whether anyone stands out or not.

Nice to see a new place on the board. Good luck in China.

Thanks, ashton321 :thup:

I rather like the title, looking better for titles this year.

Yeah. Take that, Jason the Yank!

Good luck in China, Cerud! Far more adventurous than I am. :D

Not sure about that stadium btw. :p

Thanks, crouchaldinho. I've enjoyed a few Asian saves before, notably in South Korea and Australia (I had my team in the Asian Champions League). China should be interesting. I think there is a huge jump in skill between the Jia League and the top Super League so could be difficult.

Yeah...the stadium is sketchy...

Good luck in China!! :cool:

Thanks, john1!

Just seen this thread, there's so many starting up I'm sure I've missed some good ones.

I wonder if it is possible to have the fans any further away from the pitch!

Good luck dude, I'm looking forward to this career.

It's that time of year :) And yeah, out stadium is...interesting...

Good luck dude. Looking forward to it :).
Good luck, cerud! Not a bad position to takeover from, got a decent chance of finishing near the top.

Thanks, SRL88 and AK232. A decent position to begin from, but starting mid season means that I don't have time to gain tactical consisency in a pre-season.

20 July 2012

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDN1fn_DzawU1O3AOB1KvQ1tf0nwWHoFky6lw2xXAWfHaoCPdL

Wuhan Zall FC Begins Commitment to Youth Products

It looks as though Cerud's managerial changes have begun even before his first match and it begins with a change to their youth setup. Wuhan Zall announced today an increase in the financing available for youth coaching. This means increased coaching and better quality. Given the commitment to youth of the club, this is a set in the right direction.

junioro.png

Junior Coaching has now moved from Basic to Adequate.

Woooo you decided to go to China!

Btw, your season ticket prices say $0, but don't worry, it's just cosmetic. :lol:

How are your initial finances?

Yeah, I was wondering about that $0. Does that mean it's just a few cents? As for initial finances, I started with $73,164.

Nice stadium you have there :p

Oh yeah...awesome.

July 2012 Update

510009629.jpg

CFA Jia League

I only had two matches left in this month from when I took over. While both were supposed to be fairly easy for us (at least the pundits thought so), both gave us problems. We went 0-2 down against Dongjin Dongjin. However, we were able to pull one back before the half and take the win in the 83rd minute with a goal from our sub, Ceballos. The tie against Fujian Junhao was another match in which we had issues. We went up early and outplayed them, but couldn't hold on.

fixym.png

The Standings

standpf.png

We are only 4 points out of a promotion spot. This will be an unbelievably close race to the finish. There's not much that I can base our position on after only two matches. Maybe after another month, we'll see where we stand and be able to have a better picture.

August 2012 Update

510009629.jpg

CFA Jia League

If I could only have months like this! We go undeafeated and only clean sheets. Tan Si was the hero of the month, culminating with a 4 goal performance against the Chengdu Blades. A 7-0 win was definitely not expected, but things are quickly coming together in a very good fashion.

fixh.png

The Standings

standrf.png

How's that for a tight table? I think China breaks ties by the number of wins which is why I'm in 3rd place right now. There are 7 matches left to go so every match will be very important. At the beginning, I was hoping for a top 5 finish. Now...I may be aiming a little higher.

Awards

• Player of the Month - Tan Si - 1st Place

September 2012 Update

510009629.jpg

CFA Jia League

Well, it began alright. For some reason, goalscoring dried up in our final two matches. We were massive favourites against Beijing IT and outshot them be a huge margin, but just couldn't get the job done. We definitely not happy with theose last two performances because it removed us from the top spot.

fixb.png

The Standings

standy.png

We had the top spot for a couple weeks only to lose it due to the performances of our last two matches. There are 3 matches left to go in the season, which means the promotion and even the league title are still up for grabs. However, we need to ensure that this recent form is not something that will continue. We have been suffering through injuries and suspensions, so I think it was a matter of having to use reserve members as our first squad is so small. It will definitely be a busy off-season at any rate for me.

2012 Season in Review

510009629.jpg

1st Place - League Title Champions

The League

Jia-League.gif

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - Winners! Wow, this came down to the final minutes! We were in 3rd place going into the final match and were winning 1-0. Then, the stupidest, oddest, more bizarre thing happened. The opposition midfield launched a ball deep towards my goalkeeper. It landed and began rolling at a slow pace towards him. As it got about 10 feet away, my goalkeeper...began...to...walk...away!?!? He just left. The ball trickled past the line as my goalkeeper went on a personal voyage. Unbelievable. Then, 3 minutes later they scored on a penalty kick. I knew I needed a win, but there was only 10 minutes left. I made my final substitution. We scored to tie it back up in the 86th minute and got another for the win in the 89th minute. That gave us promotion and a league title! Still, I'm totally firing my goalkeeper...

The Cup

TOSHIBA FA Cup - Eliminated in 4th Round. We were already out of this competition just before I joined up.

The Stats

Goals Scored: 57 (2nd in league)

Goals Conceded: 31 (1st in league)

Average Attendance: 4,310 (6th in league)

The Players

Squad - There are a few players who could likely make the jump to the Super League, but definitely not all. I haven't made any transfers yet as I was unable to. It's going to be busy now.

The Standouts

Julio Gutiérrez - DM, M RC - Used as a right winger as we were short on that side, but helped out with his share of assists. Not sure why his Attributes page is not showing it, but he had 12 assists on the year.

Tan Si - AM L, ST - Surprised me with is ability in front of the net. Likely more of a back up in the Super League though.

Vicente - ST - Our captain and the spearhead of our attack. Led the squad in goals with 16.

The Backroom

Finances - We were not too bad, about $100,000 in debt, until year end bonuses kicked in. Ouch...

Facilities - Alright. Won't be changing these until we make some money. I did upgrade our Junior Coaching this year.

Plans for Next Season

My contract is coming due at the end of the year, but I guess the Board liked what they saw :) I've been offerred a 2 year contract now until December 2014 and have accepted at $120,000/year. Hopefully, I can at least help the club settle in China's top league before beginning to look elsewhere.

I had a sneaky feeling that you would pull this off and you have!

Does that 2 year contract include a time machine? What's so good about 2004? :D

Yeah... pulled it off with a goal in the 89th minute...literally! :D

Stupid years...corrected :o

Congrats on winning the title :thup:

Thanks, BWG.

You've got China in your hand :D

To be fair, I did take over the club in a decent position. I think the Super League will be a different story entirely.

Archived