FM13: AFC Ajax - No club for old men

Wendsill

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, just started a game with Ajax and can say it's quite enjoyable even tho I'm utterly frustrated. My defence is leaky as hell. I'm on a 10 game streak concieding at least a goal per game... This is not even the most annoying part - my team is freakishly injury prone. Currently I have 6 key players injured for at least a weak or two. That of course cost me a very precious win over PSV who were 0-2 down and managed to overcome me because I was down to 10 men because of injuries and also missing key players. Is it just me or the game is as unfair to you as with me?

Hi guys, just started a game with Ajax and can say it's quite enjoyable even tho I'm utterly frustrated. My defence is leaky as hell. I'm on a 10 game streak concieding at least a goal per game... This is not even the most annoying part - my team is freakishly injury prone. Currently I have 6 key players injured for at least a weak or two. That of course cost me a very precious win over PSV who were 0-2 down and managed to overcome me because I was down to 10 men because of injuries and also missing key players. Is it just me or the game is as unfair to you as with me?

I'm having more or less the same. Though maybe not as bad. But yeah, I consistently have 2 or 3 key players out. Though it's not all bad, Sigthorsson being inujured so much has let Fischer get his chance and he's doing great, Adryan has gotten a lot of chances in midfield and that's helping him a long.

Haha it seems i'm not the only one reaching the top levels in europe !

My game has been incredible so far !

Most played starting eleven

Vermeer, van rhijn, alderweireld, moisander, blind, maher, de jong, eriksen, fischer, sighthorsson, babel

Won the league 5 matches before the end. Groningen is second and I won the league in a head to head game with them : D

CL results

Group

Ajax - Schalke 5-0

Nordsjaeland - ajax 0-2

Chelsea - ajax 3-3

ajax - chelsea 3-0

ajax - schalke 1-2

ajax - nordsjaeland 3-0

8th final

Juventus - ajax 1-2

ajax - juventus 4-0

quarter final

ajax - real madrid 2-2

real madrid -ajax 2-0

semi final

ajax - barcelona 5-0 !!!!!

barcelona - ajax 0-1

Final

ajax - man city ( going to play that now - only major injury in Fischer ) !!

Best players

Sighthorsson 32 matches 27 goals 6 assists

Eriksen 34 matches 7 goals 18 assists

Babel 37 matches 19 goals 9 assists

biggest talents

Ademilson 18 matches 13 goals 6 assists

Maher 27 matches 6 goals 9 assists

Andersen 14 matches 4 goals 5 assists

Fischer 22 matches 5 goals 5 assists

Transfers

out

Sulejmani

in

Okore

Maher

Ademilson

Screenshots

how do i do this? haha

How can you get Maher?

Well here it is.

Chelsea - Ajax 2-4

2012122700004.jpg

The game was really hectic. I scored in the first minute and by the end of the first half we scored 6 goals 2-4 in my favor. All in all the game was quite even but in the end I got the upper hand.

All in all it was a brilliant year. I ended top of the league, over a 100 goals new points record, least goals against and my team dominated most matches. I won all 4 prices I was able to win.

Matches

2012122700002.jpg

League result

2012122700007.jpg

Players

2012122700003.jpg

The only problem is that I now have no idea what I'll do next..

Congrats on the CL win and the comfortable Eredivisie win :) Very impressive. Hoping I can copy you down the road. How's Denswil doing for you? Look like you've played him quite a bit. He's out on loan on mine but looking to become class.

Getting closer to finishing my first season now. Still in the Euro League after finishing third in my CL group - up against Montpellier, comfortably ahead in the league and in the semis of the cup. Aiming for all three!

Promised Eriksen we'd win the Euro cup within two season so he would stay so hoping I can give him that.

I had great success in the first season in the Champs League, was flukey towards the end though. Beat Madrid on pens in the semi and beat Barca after extra time in the final

63352559.png

Herrjensen - This is Denswil on my save in 2nd season;

27392055.png

Nicely :) Cheers for the screenshot. Looks like he definitely has the potential to become very good. Love his positioning and anticipation for his age. Do you have him as DC or DL?

A wee update on my own save: Have won the league with 4 games to go, Eriksen has 27 goals, 14 assists and an average rating of 8.19 in 28 matches. Bit of a beast, hugely impressed with his decisiveness.

Gotten to the final in the cup, beat Twente and am meeting Willem II in the final who beat my nemesis AZ in an upset. Up against Udinese in the Quarter Final of the Euro League, aim to take both the cup and Euro cup but let's see :)

The table with 4 remaining games sees me 14 points clear:

table.png

Best players:

eriksen2.png

toby.png

Best youngster:

fischer.png

Been playing Fischer as AF mainly and must say he's done really well given his age. I'm also really chuffed with his stats. His finishing and mental stats have shot up like crazy and I've pretty much only been giving him starts with only a tad of advanced forward specific training.

My last fixtures look like this:

fixtures.png

Hope I can take both the cup and the Euro League. Would probably be my most successful first season ever with any save I think.

Nicely :) Cheers for the screenshot. Looks like he definitely has the potential to become very good. Love his positioning and anticipation for his age. Do you have him as DC or DL?

A wee update on my own save: Have won the league with 4 games to go, Eriksen has 27 goals, 14 assists and an average rating of 8.19 in 28 matches. Bit of a beast, hugely impressed with his decisiveness.

Gotten to the final in the cup, beat Twente and am meeting Willem II in the final who beat my nemesis AZ in an upset. Up against Udinese in the Quarter Final of the Euro League, aim to take both the cup and Euro cup but let's see :)

table.png

Best players:

eriksen2.png

toby.png

Best youngster:

fischer.png

Been playing Fischer as AF mainly and must say he's done really well given his age. I'm also really chuffed with his stats. His finishing and mental stats have shot up like crazy and I've pretty much only been giving him starts with only a tad of advanced forward specific training.

fixtures.png

Hope I can take both the cup and the Euro League. Would probably be my most successful first season ever with any save I think.

You have developed Fischer very well. Surprised he has only 1 cap for Denmark.

You have developed Fischer very well. Surprised he has only 1 cap for Denmark.

Cheers and yeah same. He was called up really quick into the save but languished on the bench to watch Bendtner start match after match. Hope Olsen is gonna give him more time from now on.

Very impressive cleon. CL win in the first season.

I'll upload a few screens of my best players atm. Denswill is now surpassing Martins Indi : D

I have to say that training has come really easy for me in this version. Though I have had some bad tutoring. For the rest I just set workload to high, tactics accent, 20% match prep, no off days and a hard focus on an indivdual role for most players.

BTW, Herrjensen how did you manage to improve Eriksen's long shot rating to that much in 1 season and Fischer's penalty stats and finishing have rised dramatically in your save

I have no clue to be honest. What's Eriksen's long shots in your save? Also his free-kicks are insane. Haven't done any specific training to either except Fischer's AF training.

Two other things btw: Anyone else having Babel play like he was on fire? Insane dribbling, often runs past 3-5 players on the left flank, cuts in and then misses horribly hitting the corner flag with a shot. But when he does decide to cross or pass it's awesome and most often another player can just tap it in. Awesome revelation Babel.

And how is Poulsen doing for everyone else? He's been doing crap a long with Schöne for me, Poulsen playing CM DM and Schöne CM with Auto. Both have horrible morale while the rest of my team are mainly in high spirits and Poulsen is hugely error prone. He's playing well for large parts of the game, being a rock and cleaning up and then he makes a rookie mistake, loosing the ball midfield and more often than not costing us a goal.

table.png

Best players:

eriksen2.png

toby.png

Best youngster:

fischer.png

fixtures.png

Are you playing a custom database? The changes you have for Fischer are too dramatic across the board to be achieved in 1 season. You can't change that many attributes and make most of them 5 or 6 points higher in less than a season, its impossible. Also you've seen attributes drop in the lower ones likes tackling, positioning etc which doesn't really happen any more and was the reason SI changed the training system. So you either use a custom DB or you altered the attributes before the save game.

You've done the same with Eriksen too because his determination as changed. You can't tutor him because hes got a high squad status and will be regarded as higher potential than anyone you bring into the club unless you bring in a mega star which is doubtful in the first season. Plus you've had his workrate change by 4 attribute points, something which would take years to do.

So you've either edited the players yourself or you use a custom database.

You've done the same with Eriksen too because his determination as changed. You can't tutor him because hes got a high squad status and will be regarded as higher potential than anyone you bring into the club unless you bring in a mega star which is doubtful in the first season.
as long as he is young enough and you downgrade his squad status (I do this a lot to get my tutoring structure in place, there's not really enough punishment in the game to prevent the user from doing so), it could in theory be possible, even if it would be very hard to pull of due to reputation just like you mention

as long as he is young enough and you downgrade his squad status (I do this a lot to get my tutoring structure in place, there's not really enough punishment in the game to prevent the user from doing so), it could in theory be possible, even if it would be very hard to pull of due to reputation just like you mention

The thing about Eriksen though is he is the star player of the team. So by changing his squad status he demands a transfer. But with that aside, there is too greater a difference in the attributes compared to how he starts the game for just 9 months training.

The thing about Eriksen though is he is the star player of the team. So by changing his squad status he demands a transfer. But with that aside, there is too greater a difference in the attributes compared to how he starts the game for just 9 months training.
mind im not saying you are wrong with the assumption you are making, most things would point towards you being correct, but the tutoring bit is not outside the realm of possibility even if reputation alone would make it hard to pull of on a star player at a club in a smaller league like the eredivise

Two other things btw: Anyone else having Babel play like he was on fire? Insane dribbling, often runs past 3-5 players on the left flank, cuts in and then misses horribly hitting the corner flag with a shot. But when he does decide to cross or pass it's awesome and most often another player can just tap it in. Awesome revelation Babel.

And how is Poulsen doing for everyone else? He's been doing crap a long with Schöne for me, Poulsen playing CM DM and Schöne CM with Auto. Both have horrible morale while the rest of my team are mainly in high spirits and Poulsen is hugely error prone. He's playing well for large parts of the game, being a rock and cleaning up and then he makes a rookie mistake, loosing the ball midfield and more often than not costing us a goal.

Babel has been absolutely amazing for me. I feel that all my players that have pace, technique and dribbling are doing an awesome job.

As for schone and poulsen and enoh for that matter. They have been usefull for me during the first season because it was hard to get quality talent or replacements for them. But since the second season they have wasted away in the 2nd team, playing out their contract because no one is interested in buying them.

I'm having a really hard time selling people, even star players...

Screenshots of some of my talent

Alderweireld

2012122900001.jpg

Denswil

2012122900003.jpg

Eriksen

2012122900004.jpg

Andersen

2012122900002.jpg

Fischer

2012122900005.jpg

Sightorsson\

2012122900006.jpg

Mind you that Sighthorsson and Fischer have both been injured for long periods of time.

Are you playing a custom database? The changes you have for Fischer are too dramatic across the board to be achieved in 1 season. You can't change that many attributes and make most of them 5 or 6 points higher in less than a season, its impossible. Also you've seen attributes drop in the lower ones likes tackling, positioning etc which doesn't really happen any more and was the reason SI changed the training system. So you either use a custom DB or you altered the attributes before the save game.

You've done the same with Eriksen too because his determination as changed. You can't tutor him because hes got a high squad status and will be regarded as higher potential than anyone you bring into the club unless you bring in a mega star which is doubtful in the first season. Plus you've had his workrate change by 4 attribute points, something which would take years to do.

So you've either edited the players yourself or you use a custom database.

Have to agree with that tbh. That is surely too dramatic for your first season.

Babel has been absolutely amazing for me. I feel that all my players that have pace, technique and dribbling are doing an awesome job.

As for schone and poulsen and enoh for that matter. They have been usefull for me during the first season because it was hard to get quality talent or replacements for them. But since the second season they have wasted away in the 2nd team, playing out their contract because no one is interested in buying them.

I'm having a really hard time selling people, even star players...

Screenshots of some of my talent

Alderweireld

2012122900001.jpg

Denswil

2012122900003.jpg

Eriksen

2012122900004.jpg

Andersen

2012122900002.jpg

Fischer

2012122900005.jpg

Sightorsson\

2012122900006.jpg

Mind you that Sighthorsson and Fischer have both been injured for long periods of time.

I had to sell Sig, he's play 2 games and be injured for 6 weeks constant. Still not trueley replaced him either, I need a natural goalscorer :(

I've had the same problem thats why i've altered my tactic so the centre forward isnt a pure goalscorer but much more of a help to the entire team. If you do it like that a lot of players can play in this position: de Jong, Fischer, Andersen, Eriksen and later Klaassen maybe Castillion..

I now have a lot of players with 10 or more goals and/or assists, making my attacking power very diverse.

Also I think this is quite hard for the AI to defend. A drifting centre forward and a lot of players popping up in front of the goal.

I've had the same problem thats why i've altered my tactic so the centre forward isnt a pure goalscorer but much more of a help to the entire team. If you do it like that a lot of players can play in this position: de Jong, Fischer, Andersen, Eriksen and later Klaassen maybe Castillion..

I now have a lot of players with 10 or more goals and/or assists, making my attacking power very diverse.

Also I think this is quite hard for the AI to defend. A drifting centre forward and a lot of players popping up in front of the goal.

The way I set up is so the IF's are the main scorers anyways. So after about 4 games into the first season I decided to use De Jong as the main striker with Klllssen as back up. I've got some good youths coming through though who should be able to play a part next season.

Couldn't agree more about Babel. He is insane. I play him as an Inside Forward with support duty and the rips defences. Sulejmani is also like Babel, little less deadly when it comes to goals but still I can't see why ppl here decide not to renew his contract.

Come on Cleon when are we going to see screenshots of your developed players? I mean 29m for Denswil? He has to be class!

Denswil was posted earlier in the thread at post 213......he wasn't all that but his ratings were in all honesty.

27392055.png

I'll be posting about them in the Ajax training thread that I am creating, but that'll take time as its a monster thread.

I've won the Champs League twice in the first 2 seasons and I'm well on my way to making it 3/3 this season. It feels highly unrealstic though so I'm thinking of starting again...

But if someone wishes to look at the players and see how they've been developing you can have a look at the save game by downloading it from the following link;

http://www.fmpundit.com/cleon/Fmpundit.fm

:)

I have been wondering about the same thing. I'm very succesfull against big teams that give away some space.

I think the team is quite well balanced especially for 433 with good passers on midfield and intelligen fast driblers up front. Allthough i notived they made some fixes in the latest patch to players dribbling to easy

Started as Ajax. It's my first attempt outside of England, Spain or Italy on FM, so hoping it goes well, been searching for a decent FM13 save for a while.

It's started okay. Lost to Feyenoord (who are 3/3 in the league, 8 goals, 0 conceded) in the Super Cup, and then drew with Ado Den Haag in the first league game, but won my 2 games since then, with a 3-0 win over Twente and a 2-1 comeback win against NEC. Siem De Jong was the star in the game against NEC, getting 2 second half goals to bring us back from 1-0 down. Against Twente Wellington Nem proved himself to be a quality striker, with 2 awesome goals.

My First XI currently stands at:

--------------------------Vermeer-----------------------

---Aurier-----Alderweireld-------Lopez--------Blind-----

------------Yttergard Jenssen--De Jong-------------------

--Suljemani---------------Eriksen--------------Babel------

-----------------------Wellington Nem---------------------

As you can probably see, I've made a few signings. Spent £20m in all, bringing in Adryan, Wellington Nem, Serge Aurier, Lisandro Lopez and Yttergard Jensen. Most of that money was provided at the start, but I managed to sell Lasse Schrode to PSG for £14m, which freed up the fees for Aurier. Pretty happy with the squad, hopefully it'll result in a league win, and a good Champions League performance!

No idea, wasn't expecting him to actually leave either. I offered him out for £15m, were quite a few teams interested (no idea why), got an offer from PSG, negotiated them up to £14m and got rid of him. I was surprised to get that much for him, but very glad I did, nice little boost to the transfer kitty!

I want to sign Eriksen, but am worried that he might not fit in for me. I want to play him as an Advanced Playmaker at CM - but does he have the stamina for this? On previous FM games it's taken a LOT of dedicated training to improve his stamina, and as a result his other stats haven't improved by as much as I'd like.

Just started an Ajax save the other day. 27 in, 6 pts clear (PSV taken 1 point from their last 2 games), playing them away next game.

Got a stinker of a CL group (Bayern, Man City and Galatasary). Somehow lost twice to Galatasary, but beat Bayern and City at home, didnt qualify.

Got lots of tutoring going on, looking forward to next season!

I want to sign Eriksen, but am worried that he might not fit in for me. I want to play him as an Advanced Playmaker at CM - but does he have the stamina for this? On previous FM games it's taken a LOT of dedicated training to improve his stamina, and as a result his other stats haven't improved by as much as I'd like.

You might want to check his PPM's as well. I've not found his stamina an issue really though but I use him as a DLP.

Archived